• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
uh... I liked Sylas, but freeze rez is... not appealing at this point. A Sinoa-style skill on melee is neat, though.

anyway Pazuzu is kinda bad, and I'm awake even though it's 4 AM, so let's quickly go through why:

The current affliction system kinda sucks. When you successfully give an enemy an affliction, its res for that affliction actually increases by 20%. This used to be a different resistance for each character, but relatively recently they changed it to be shared. This means that most bosses, who tend to have have reasonably high bases resistances to the things they can be hit with, actually can only be afflicted with the same thing 3 times at all.

so "poison punisher" will only matter for about 45 seconds of a fight and be meaningless otherwise, and given that there's numerous sources of poison among wind units, those three 15 second periods could easily be more or less sequential and so nowhere near the break...

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
uh... I liked Sylas, but freeze rez is... not appealing at this point. A Sinoa-style skill on melee is neat, though.

anyway Pazuzu is kinda bad, and I'm awake even though it's 4 AM, so let's quickly go through why:

The current affliction system kinda sucks. When you successfully give an enemy an affliction, its res for that affliction actually increases by 20%. This used to be a different resistance for each character, but relatively recently they changed it to be shared. This means that most bosses, who tend to have have reasonably high bases resistances to the things they can be hit with, actually can only be afflicted with the same thing 3 times at all.

so "poison punisher" will only matter for about 45 seconds of a fight and be meaningless otherwise, and given that there's numerous sources of poison among wind units, those three 15 second periods could easily be more or less sequential and so nowhere near the break...
Did not know the affliction system worked like that and I've been playing since the NA launch.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
This is the first time we've gotten new characters without any limited event attached right? Hope this is just because of High Dragon/FEH Collab/the fact that the featured character was in the previous event and it won't be a super regular thing. It seems like we're also upholding the tradition of new 5* banner characters being the wrong resist for High Dragons xD (X Cleo for HBH). I guess it's basically an active way to make sure they don't release a high dragon meta-defining 5* unit right at the release, since it'd be kinda scummy to say, not release Lily until HBH came out, making people feel like they had to pull her in order to have a better chance at clearing. Having the banner still be the right element means any event that's going on at the same time will still benefit those actually preparing for the high dragon.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really assumed that the next event (after fire emblem of course) was going to be a Water raid boss, but having a wind banner now makes that less likely.

Hopefully we get our long overdue Fire facility event after fire emblem

I discovered this yesterday after watching a Dragalia Foundry adventurer spotlight on Fluer who has Paralysis Punisher. It's a really dumb mechanic that makes any character that relies on status ailments a total liability after the boss starts resisting it. And the only bosses worth using it on have resistance to that ailment anyway!
Plus I feel like with the freeze cheese Lilly was going on the flaming golem they are going to start making enemies resist them more.

The only way I can see they can fix this (other than revamping the entire system and balancing all the bosses) is to make it so characters who rely on status ailments like Nefaria or Fleur have 100% chance to inflict the ailment, regardless of the bosses resistance. That would prevent them from being overshadowed while giving them a unique niche that would make them worth bringing to high level fights

Last edited:

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
why cant the FIRE emblem gives us also a fire facility? this is a crossover! give us everything! characters and something to our halidom!

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
why cant the FIRE emblem gives us also a fire facility? this is a crossover! give us everything! characters and something to our halidom!
Lmao i was thinking this as I was typing it but my knowledge of Fire Emblem is minimal at best so I wasnt sure if it actually was fire related lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Instead of 100% ailment chance, because that's absolutely broken for some afflictions like blind or stun, what about you just give a flat partial bonus to damage and have the full value for afflictions. So for example, something like +30% damage to stunned enemies for Hawk instead becomes +15% Damage (+30% to stunned enemies). Skills already have increased costs for causing afflictions, so this would ensure adventurers like Hawk or Nefaria wouldn't just completely lose damage passives in some encounters while still keeping their core kit intact. It'd still technically be weaker than pure damage buffs like H! Elisanne's 30% Skill Damage, yet also be stronger in the intended scenario and not completely useless otherwise like it currently is.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao i was thinking this as I was typing it but my knowledge of Fire Emblem is minimal at best so I wasnt sure if it actually was fire related lol
Fire Emblem is generally an anthology series like Final Fantasy with a few exceptions, so the "Fire Emblem" has been multiple objects with the majority of them not being directly Fire related.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll be spending some of my Gold Keys on Heralds of Hinamoto. I was hoping limited prints would be in the shop so I could grab The Chocolatiers, but the news makes it sound like the limited prints will be back once their time rolls around again. So I'll just have to make sure I've got some eldwater stocked for next Valentine's Day.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
The new banner surprised me. I'm not sure who will summon when the gacha change is so soon, especially since Sylas isn't limited and can always be ticketed later. I guess if you really don't mind wyrmprints?

I checked my wyrmite stash, and with the gift wyrmite hitting on the 26th, I'm back up to around 32-33k. I easily have 4-5k in unread stories as well, and I'm at 4 ten-pull tickets and just under 30 single ticket vouchers. If I add them all together, I'm at 300 pulls already, meaning anything beyond this point I can spend on pulls while still saving 300 for the first anniversary (and hopeful spark mechanic). Granted with the gacha change and rated up characters, I'm not even sure sparks are as useful now, but at least I'll be able to grab something that interests me even if I get my spark target along the way. I would really like Sarisse...

This game is too generous.

will summon a couple of daily deals just in case, but that's it

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Sylas having Sinoa style buffs means I'm maxing him ASAP and he's my HMC main, whenever the thresholds get easier.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Sylas having Sinoa style buffs means I'm maxing him ASAP and he's my HMC main, whenever the thresholds get easier.
Yeah a 5* with a spear moveset and Sinoa's random buffs is pretty great. He seems like a solid unit.

It's crazy to consider that if you unbind his full mana circle his Co-ability will give 15% max HP to the party and so will his second skill

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
the question is if after reaching the max +30%hp from the skill could his skill heal the same way other skills do it? how does it work with sinoa?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
the question is if after reaching the max +30%hp from the skill could his skill heal the same way other skills do it? how does it work with sinoa?

Ahaha.

You ever feel like using a skill and have absolutely nothing happen? Cause that's what it does.

While the def buff is often unhelpful, it at least displays that it happened. After the 2 HP buffs that stick, it just... shows no buff text at all after the skill cutin ends. Feels like something bugged, every time, until you realize.

at least he also applies a skill haste buff 100% of the time

Oct 26, 2017
Got to stay strong and not pull until FE crossover and summoning changes takes place. Also am stacked with elder water so I am lookin forward to buying prints as well.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Decided to do a few pull on the current banner and only got a wyrmprint.

Update can't come soon enough.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
the good part about having wyrmprints in SOME other ways other than a shop is that otherwise most prints wouldnt be bought (not counting collection issues XD)

by having them in the drop pool they can enforce their use, and also a smart use of eldwater for buying them/keys for completing.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from non limited SSR healers for fire, water, and wind, we could really use a dark blind res melee character for Light IO.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Bog is possibly most deadly, I guess?

Freeze is easier to deal with now, and I've had little issue with blind in all the light IO I've ran lately, beyond some very badly timed mistakes where I got hit again before I could shapeshift. But I feel that's just due to bleed + people needlessly dumping resources into their Ieyasus immediately.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Some things to note with Sylas: Even though Max HP proc will be capped, it will help Lowen get to max stats for his S2 regen Heal if Sylas lands it early, on top of his break even mechanic of always giving everyone skill fill rate 20% even when he lands Max HP at max stacks unlike Sinoa. The increased skill rate means Lowen will have his Heal up more often to (hopefully) un-bog him when needed. If Louise also ends up being meta for HMC since she was shown in the Dragalia Digest video in regards to High Mercury on top of her DPS getting buffed by Lowen's Defense up, Sylas landing Defense Up will buff her damage as well (Gala Ranzal also giving Defense up may also help make her viable). It'd mean Sylas would be a DPS increase in Louise parties 66% of the time vs Sinoa's 50/50 with either landing strength/crit or max hp/Defense. Skill haste in particular is something that gets better the more you have of it, so Louise's co-ability and Sylas' guaranteed skill haste skills synergize. While lance is melee, it's also the melee with the longest range, so you can play it similarly to ranged by never being close enough to hold aggro compared to other melee weapons.

Obviously I doubt he's preferred or even viable at launch. However, whenever it's possible to farm with him when HMC gets easier for one reason or another later down the line is when I'm main-ing him.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
After around one month of playing I accidentally found Dojos. By speaking in one Discord of clearing Water IO Master difficulty (was my 3rd IO fight) and asking about is the IO stuff I get for weapons. I was told it was for Dojos too...

Its not exactly information that can be found easy. Halidorm is level 6 and just put sword dojo up. Obviously my builders (5) are busy so upping that dojo goes til tomorrow. Meanwhile I think I do few IO fights more.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Though I started day 1, it did take me a bit (the first week or two?) to actually play chapter 5+6 and start building dojos, and now I'm at almost 1050 facility level anyway.

A month is a bit long to not get started on them, but longterm you'll be totally fine. Especially if you were keeping your smithwyrms reasonably busy anyway.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if HMC will have pools of water to cause Bog around the arena like one of the older Master Facility events.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Though I started day 1, it did take me a bit (the first week or two?) to actually play chapter 5+6 and start building dojos, and now I'm at almost 1050 facility level anyway.

A month is a bit long to not get started on them, but longterm you'll be totally fine. Especially if you were keeping your smithwyrms reasonably busy anyway.

Yup nothing is lost, team power without Dojos was ~14450.

Thanks to Ranzal Gala I made sure I clear Normal Story fast (under one week and it was done). First thing I did when I started this was to buy 5 Smithwyrms, they been busy and Facility level is 309 now. Only one Event building Dragonata and it is at max lvl 30. Good thing that I did those double drop Elemental Ruins & Dragon Trials. I may have used too many Feathers (I was constatly at 99, due to leveling so fast) to Avenue of Power but atleast my 5* are at 80 lvl except Hawk.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY!

After months of farming I FINALLY got a manticore tail to drop. Either these things have a stupidly low drop rate or I'm just astoundingly unlucky. Would have been nice to have them drop back during the last event for Karina's axe.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a Gala Ranzal and my sword dojos are both level 29, my wind avatars are at 30 max, the wind dracolith at level 19, and the wind fafnir at level 12.

But I only have a MUB Roc for my dragon and my sword is a MUB Gale Apogee from farming Void Zephyr.

Hopefully it's enough for High Mercury because I really don't want to invest in the other 5 star wind sword.

57530994_357216534894314_475625039136292864_n.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I have a Gala Ranzal and my sword dojos are both level 29, my wind avatars are at 30 max, the wind dracolith at level 19, and the wind fafnir at level 12.

But I only have a MUB Roc for my dragon and my sword is a MUB Gale Apogee from farming Void Zephyr.

Hopefully it's enough for High Mercury because I really don't want to invest in the other 5 star wind sword.

57530994_357216534894314_475625039136292864_n.jpg

I think you will be fine. Would be nice to have higher Str, but with that much HP you won't be a liability and will be able to stay in the fray attacking.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That seems on the fairly low side (like... that'd be low for HMS before double prints, wouldn't it?). And so might be too low if the fight requires as much DPS as possible?

I think the void sword might be a problem, unfortunately. Like you'd probably be set with the same stats on a High Mercury bane void weapon, but... it just has broken punisher instead. Which, like, definitely ain't nothing, but obviously isn't going to make up for the lower stats for the entire fight.

But it looks like your strength would be in the high 2300s with a regular 5.3.0, at least. It'd be annoying, but probably not the hardest thing to improve, so there's that? So if you have trouble you could always go that route.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That seems on the fairly low side (like... that'd be low for HMS before double prints, wouldn't it?). And so might be too low if the fight requires as much DPS as possible?

I think the void sword might be a problem, unfortunately. Like you'd probably be set with the same stats on a High Mercury bane void weapon, but... it just has broken punisher instead. Which, like, definitely ain't nothing, but obviously isn't going to make up for the lower stats for the entire fight.

But it looks like your strength would be in the high 2300s with a regular 5.3.0, at least. It'd be annoying, but probably not the hardest thing to improve, so there's that? So if you have trouble you could always go that route.

Eh, I'd rather wait to get a 5-star dragon or the eventual High Mercury bane instead. I'd need to use 6 twinkling sands to even get to the 5.3.0, which can take a month or 2. And don't really care for the added 3rd ability, which is more defense. I wouldn't be opposed to it if twinkling sand wasn't so rare. But I'd rather use it on other weapons for other adventurers for now.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Why is Void Agni so easy to do with randoms and Void Zephyr still such a pile a crap?
I just had 5 failed void zephyr runs in a row for various reasons (not equipping anti-dull weapons, not doing enough healing, not stacking for the stack attack) so the whole thing was a massive waste of time.

Its extra frustrating since it can be a long fight and all it takes is one person to screw it up (or in the case of the stacking attack everybody except me, every single time)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I've really experienced the first much past the first week or so, or the second ever, but the third is a sign something's gone wrong already imo.

You shouldn't need to stack because he should be broken by then, so someone's already messed up a bit. And, well, as long as the person who's avoiding the stack is ranged without dull res, I'm not bothered when it happens. But obviously it can be a problem if people aren't being good about healing, hmm.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Between a lot of people planning to use MUB HMS and Mercury being annoying to melee adventurers I feel like the dps check could be pretty hard for HMC.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Between a lot of people planning to use MUB HMS and Mercury being annoying to melee adventurers I feel like the dps check could be pretty hard for HMC.

Yeah. Might be Wind Elisanne aka Sylas's time to shine. Maribelle usually wrecks Mercury but in the photos they showed for High Mercury recommended adventurers, she was no where to be found. I fully expect she'll be one of the adventurers that can't survive the initial HP check.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, surprised that the HP check for high mercury is so low. My Level 70 lowen can survive it without the print O_O And Maribelle can survive with the print O_O

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Mercury's HP pool is nuts. They made the initial blast weak probably to clue in people that bringing ranged characters is ok.

Pretty much every other attack from Mercury hits like a bus so you might still want the print.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Best way to deal with the lack of blind resist characters I'd say. I really like her design, and her kit seems good.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
yeah, i love how the story always gives us tons of things

(BTW chapter 9 will be glorious with all that is building up... give me leif and all the white sparrows!)

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Overall, I felt this chapter was much better at progressing the story than the last chapter which is nice. It was also cool to see High Brunhilda make an appearance.
yeah, i love how the story always gives us tons of things

(BTW chapter 9 will be glorious with all that is building up... give me leif and all the white sparrows!)
Yeah. Chelle is the heir I've been most looking forward to seeing other than seeing what they do with the mystery one. Next chapter will likely focus on Leif and her.

Based off Chelle's wyrmprint and part of its description: https://dragalialost.gamepedia.com/Evening_of_Luxury#Stage_4
There's definitely something to be said for being TOO polite. No matter what I wear, all I get are words of inoffensive praise. ...He was like that, too.
I'm guessing she's enamored with Leif. This piece of official artwork CyGames released on Twitter also had her interacting with him.

D2e6ESrU8AAnFa7.png:large

Last edited:

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very satisfied with the story chapter. Felt like a good amount happened.

Im happy they gave us Alex and all, especially as I'm focusing on light IO right now, but I had literally just built a new dark character before I started the story quests. If I had known I would have just saved my resources for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.