• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
Valor rewards are available throughout the entire event duration. That being said, all the important rewards end at the 1 million mark, at which point the rewards just repeat with normal upgrade materials. You don't really need to grind the rest of the point rewards up to 10 million after hitting 1 million unless you want to.

I'm at around 98000 right now, is the hard version of the new mode the best way to grind out?

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Is it just me or do Marth's skills not do a lot of damage? I have a MUB'd Shining Overlord on him and it's doing less than I'd expect it to

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm at around 98000 right now, is the hard version of the new mode the best way to grind out?

Yep, on top of making sure to equip event Wyrmprints. There's 1 4* and 20 3* Event Wyrmprints (to make 4 MUB copies) you can get in the Trade shop from grinding badges that you wanna buy before hard farming in order to get a 120% Valor reward boost from equipping them on your event grinding team. The Valor bonus on your other adventurers in your personal team still apply even when you're in co-op. You can also buy Event prints from the Wyrmprint shop with Elwater, but only do that if you either like the passives or really want a bigger Valor bonus boost. In hard mode, you want to get the buffs from both of the buildings (standing in a blue circle next to them after they're saved) and kill a hard bonus mob called the Shadow Knight that spawns before you enter the boss room in order to get the most Valor possible per run.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Alfonse's trial with everyone alive by creating a room to get a lot of Ieyasu's that were stronger than me.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, this is kinda weird.

Just noticed that story chapter 8/1-4 has different names for each difficulty ("Dancing with Flames"/"The Fires of Hell"), yet both have identical level lay-outs and enemies.

I wonder if there are more instances of this in other chapters...

they reuse a ton of stages

fire imperial slaught is the bridge in avenue to fortune

I haven't checked but I think the elemental ruins are mostly the same just rotated

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat HMS for the first time. I thought I was doing Prelude, but apparently I started up the actual trial without thinking about it.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, on top of making sure to equip event Wyrmprints. There's 1 4* and 20 3* Event Wyrmprints (to make 4 MUB copies) you can get in the Trade shop from grinding badges that you wanna buy before hard farming in order to get a 120% Valor reward boost from equipping them on your event grinding team. The Valor bonus on your other adventurers in your personal team still apply even when you're in co-op. You can also buy Event prints from the Wyrmprint shop with Elwater, but only do that if you either like the passives or really want a bigger Valor bonus boost. In hard mode, you want to get the buffs from both of the buildings (standing in a blue circle next to them after they're saved) and kill a hard bonus mob called the Shadow Knight that spawns before you enter the boss room in order to get the most Valor possible per run.

Oh i didn't know they stacked! I'll do that thank you!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
No prob! Event Wyrmprint's definitely make the grind a lot better. The best part about the trade shop ones is if you're meh about the actual effects, you can sell them for Elwater profit once the event's over.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It could be worse. There could be 3* wyrmprints in there!

Dd8Im0fU0AAVrt4.jpg:large

they reuse a ton of stages

fire imperial slaught is the bridge in avenue to fortune

I haven't checked but I think the elemental ruins are mostly the same just rotated

I expect the story chapter levels to be reused across Normal/Hard. My confusion was based on why that specific level had an entirely different name for each difficulty when the other ones don't. It's just a bizarre anomaly that must've slipped by the devs.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
lol. i have just had the smoothest run of HMS (i died in the end XD but we cleared it)
it was a team of verica, my marth as the only melee, sarisse and.. joe. i dont know why, but with marth i feel like i do more damage. even if it has similar strength that my Euden. im using honest repose for that sweet +10% haste (+15% from sarisse) to maximize the use of fire emblem.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
lol. i have just had the smoothest run of HMS (i died in the end XD but we cleared it)
it was a team of verica, my marth as the only melee, sarisse and.. joe. i dont know why, but with marth i feel like i do more damage. even if it has similar strength that my Euden. im using honest repose for that sweet +10% haste (+15% from sarisse) to maximize the use of fire emblem.

The attack rate up is crazy, think of it as literally 30% skill haste and 30% more auto attack damage for 10 seconds, which stacks multiplicatively with skill haste and Strength since it's a completely different modifier.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat HMS for the first time. I thought I was doing Prelude, but apparently I started up the actual trial without thinking about it.

Hah, I sleepily did that by accident the other night too. People with normal HMS level stats join all the time so I just missed that I'd mistapped.

...but I was using Ifrit on Sinoa and no Vanessa was there, so I unfortunately learned when the initial blast killed me

the others tried their best to clear still and almost got it but... whoops, sorry

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
How good is Prometheus on Marth? I always hear people say he's an amazing dragon but he's never suggested for any builds

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
How good is Prometheus on Marth? I always hear people say he's an amazing dragon but he's never suggested for any builds

The two Strengths for Prometheus vs Cerb/Agni is that he lowers the barrier to HMS significantly (less needed now with double prints, though it can be relevant for some ranged characters), and he allows fully maxed out melee's to run two damage Wyrmprints like The Shining Overlord and Levin's Champion instead of dedicating a slot to Glorious Tempest.This is even more relevant now that all Wyrmprints have been buffed and it's significantly easier to acquire and MUB specific 5* prints. Marth in particular might benefit from using Jewels of the Sun for its skill haste on top of something like the Shining Overlord or Resounding Rendition. This is just my theorycrafting Wyrmprint suggestions so I haven't tested it myself, though it does require MUB Prometheus and a fairly well-invested unit (including facility levels) to work. It's more of a long-term goal to reach. Aside from that, Prometheus does still perform okay up until that point as just a slightly worse DPS for much more survivability, so he's overall very flexible.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

He's not particularly amazing in the way that you would absolutely choose to use him if possible. It's more that he (and his type of aura in general) makes high dragons more accessible, for ranged characters in particular. The strength + resistance split is much better for an attacker than the regular hybrid strength/hp split, and he only needs a couple unbinds to get the stats necessary to be helpful. But builds are probably going to use (MUB) 5* pure strength dragons instead, especially considering fire has 2 of them, because why would you pick less strength if you already have enough HP to survive?

For a practical example... for HMS, if I'm not playing as Verica, my alt is Sinoa. Before the 2 print update, to have Sinoa survive as long as there was a Vanessa in the party (with me having decently high dojos, maxed print, 5.3.0 weapon, promoted to 5* and 45 mana, etc.) I needed only 1 UB Prometheus. I would have much preferred to use my MUB Ifrit for like +200 strength, but as there was no full fire facility that wasn't possible without a Vanessa that had maxed her co-abilities.

Now with 2 prints (I use a MUB copy of the 3* print Bellathorna as her second), that's eased up a decent anount. She can survive using Ifrit with any Vanessa, but I still need Prometheus for when none are in the party. That's not uncommon, so he's still useful to have around for that.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first time I heard the FE rap I thought it was bad, but... I can't stop listening to it.

It's so good.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
maxxed out my friendship with Alphonse

then I read the first chapter in his story (it only unlocks after the game makes sure you have him for keeps)

Alfonse: "I don't consider us friends, just allies"

I am getting mixed signals here, Alfonse

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
maxxed out my friendship with Alphonse

then I read the first chapter in his story (it only unlocks after the game makes sure you have him for keeps)

Alfonse: "I don't consider us friends, just allies"

I am getting mixed signals here, Alfonse

Dude's got some understandable attachment issues after certain events in FEH.

From the Fandom Wiki:

"Being a prince of the kingdom of Askr, many people, his own father included, protested when he joined the Order of Heroes, though others felt it was his usual behavior. Prior to the events of Heroes, he was close friends with a fellow member named Zacharias, who eventually disappeared, and another hero he befriended had left to go home, leaving Alfonse cautious of befriending other heroes. This is why he repeatedly reminds Sharena not to get too close with the other Heroes."

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hit 100,000 Wyrmite and over 20,000 Might on my F2P no pulls alt thanks to Alfonse and my shiny new MUB The Shining Overlord.

I got around to 100%-ing normal and hard story chapters now that we have the 1/2 event and to test the Wyrmprint drops. Haven't gotten a 5* drop yet, but I did get a couple 4*'s, which was nice. In total, I can do 1240 pulls with the reduced summoning costs for at least 12 guaranteed 5* adventurers/dragons thanks to the Wyrmprint removal. Onwards to another 100K xD

Last edited:

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Hit 100,000 Wyrmite and over 20,000 Might on my F2P no pulls alt thanks to Alfonse and my shiny new MUB The Shining Overlord.

I got around to 100%-ing normal and hard story chapters now that we have the 1/2 event and to test the Wyrmprint drops. Haven't gotten a 5* drop yet, but I did get a couple 4*'s, which was nice. In total, I can do 1240 pulls with the reduced summoning costs for at least 12 guaranteed 5* adventurers/dragons thanks to the Wyrmprint removal. Onwards to another 100L xD
where did you get those 5 drops? i know it drops in hard mode but you got 5 dropping??? or did you use the shop on that account?

//stupid me, i read too fast >_< you said no 5* dropping...

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
once i reach 1 million valor i think im going to focus on farming wyrmprints. im going to try to get shining overlord for example. there is not much to do until 3/5 and hard mode also drop emblems for the trade shop... so is better to take advantage of the half stamina (which btw is the best event for using honey)

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
In case anyone was still agonising over which wyrmprints to pick up I decided to go through the list and point out the ones that I thought were worth getting. It's mostly going to be the same as the list I did for the double wyrmprint update, but the print buffs with 1.7.1 have expanded the list:

Must Have:

Give Me Your Wounded

Top Tier:

Resounding Rendition
Levin's Champion
Jewels of the Sun
Fresh Perspective
Lunar Festivities
The Warrioresses / Stellar Show

Useful but niche:

Valiant Crown
Gentle Winds
Heavenly Holiday / A Solitary Light
Dragon and Tamer
Kung Fu Masters
The Shining Overlord
Forest Bonds

And any of the 50% ailment resist prints.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For Gala Ranzal I already have MUB Shining Overlord. Wondering what I should use as his second print. I am thinking Levin's Champion or Lunar Festivities. Any thoughts?

Those are both solid. Levin's is more general purpose but higher costing to max out while Lunar is specialized but cheaper, so it really depends on which you prefer.

where should i try to farm on story mode hard? (i assume with skip tickets mostly btw)

If you've already finished the entire hard mode (100% all chapters), I don't think it's worth it to try to farm for a specific print from the campaign. Even when stamina is halved, you don't get very many resources for the stamina spent on hard mode by itself, so I think that stamina's better spent on getting resources from the daily maps like IO insignias or gold. You can also sell any prints you get to aid towards buying the prints you actually want.

Yuuuuup, this FE rap remix was cool at first but it's starting to get grating. And we've still got TWO MORE WEEKS of it.

We're all gonna hate it by the end of the event, aren't we?

Eh, depends on your tolerance for JPop/Rap. Don't forget there's the vocals off option if you're finding it grating so you just hear the music by itself.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Eh, depends on your tolerance for JPop/Rap. Don't forget there's the vocals off option if you're finding it grating so you just hear the music by itself.

I'm an idiot. Didn't even cross my mind to do that, thanks!

EDIT: So much better. Now after this event I need Cinderella Step to come back and we're golden.

The songs and vocals so far have been fine up until now. It's just that this FE remix in particular was doing nothing for me...

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

I got around to 100%-ing normal and hard story chapters now that we have the 1/2 event and to test the Wyrmprint drops. Haven't gotten a 5* drop yet, but I did get a couple 4*'s, which was nice. In total, I can do 1240 pulls with the reduced summoning costs for at least 12 guaranteed 5* adventurers/dragons thanks to the Wyrmprint removal. Onwards to another 100L xD

Congrats!

Funny you reached 100,000 Wyrmite today since I just did the same a few moments ago:

2PdZxCt.jpg

Pretty much have only been almost exclusively using summon vouchers up until now, although I'm fully prepared to empty my Wyrmite stash until I get all three of the FE characters. I was hoarding since launch not knowing what I was saving up for, but this is the showcase that finally breaks me. I can only hope that I have at least half of my savings remaining by the time I'm finished...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Haha, good luck. On average it'll take 200 pulls for each of them, but there's always a chance to get lucky!

TIL the rap group who collab'd with Daoko for the FE rap, Scha Dara Parr, is literally the same group that made the Zelda LttP Japanese commercial rap.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm so I pity pulled a Nefaria today. She's my first dark 5*, but apparently she's not good? Should I just not bother putting resources into her? My Dark team is pathetic. Last dark banner I wasted all my resources trying to pull the banner characters and got nothing, then rage quit for a few weeks lol

user__

Oct 25, 2017
This morning I did like 20+ runs with the same Cleo host in a random pub room of Alphonse challenge. Even if we didn't managed to clear the challenge, it really helped me to drill down the overdrive patterns.
That trial is hellish, but the new stickers really help to give players a way to make a room go on. It was one of the most fundamental misses of the old set of stickers. A similar ride would have been unthinkable before, as the players at a certain point would have go with the arghh sticker and just given up. Instead, a simple "Again!" and a "You got it!" made all the difference. I'd say, it's damn worth the cost of losing the NG sticker.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm so I pity pulled a Nefaria today. She's my first dark 5*, but apparently she's not good? Should I just not bother putting resources into her? My Dark team is pathetic. Last dark banner I wasted all my resources trying to pull the banner characters and got nothing, then rage quit for a few weeks lol

She's totally fine. It's just that basing skills/abilities around afflictions doesn't actually work out very well with how they work currently, so she's not as good as she could be. It's not the same case as wind, where it's so loaded that Hawk stands out as being particularly not as good as other 5*s.

And if you have her as AI, I've heard it's smart enough to stop FSing once she inflicts blind so it doesn't waste charges of the ability.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
She's totally fine. It's just that basing skills/abilities around afflictions doesn't actually work out very well with how they work currently, so she's not as good as she could be. It's not the same case as wind, where it's so loaded that Hawk stands out as being particularly not as good as other 5*s.

And if you have her as AI, I've heard it's smart enough to stop FSing once she inflicts blind so it doesn't waste charges of the ability.
Thanks, that's good to know. I didn't consider leveling her and leaving her AI controlled, but that's probably not a bad strategy it sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.