• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Nightmare has like 5x the HP of EX, apparently, so that's gonna be fun.

NeckToChicken

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying that some writer appears to be fixated on smashing stained glass windows with iron pipes. I patiently await the inevitable joke pipe weapon.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Apart from mission for few Wyrmites. Is there any point at the moment to make some unit 4* or 5*? And if what would that unit be?
I haven't star increased any of my units cause havent found the need and the cost is quite high for "lousy" Wyrmites.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Apart from mission for few Wyrmites. Is there any point at the moment to make some unit 4* or 5*? And if what would that unit be?
I haven't star increased any of my units cause havent found the need and the cost is quite high for "lousy" Wyrmites.

I'm in the same boat. My only 5★ Light units are Hildegard and Alfonse but my team is above 19k might which should (hopefully) be good enough for the Nightmare raid, unless there happens to be poison shenanigans like the circus event. We'll find out soon enough...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nightmare is no joke. It's not difficult damage-wise, just time. He has so much health.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it seems like the key will be working together to take out the limbs. His HP seems to drop faster when the limbs are damaged but I've only been able to take 2 off before KA-BOOM.
I'm wondering if it might be better to just skip the limbs completely, since all you really want is the daily chest. It's difficult to target specific parts when the boss won't sit still for a second. :/

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if it might be better to just skip the limbs completely, since all you really want is the daily chest.

You absolurely want the limbs, or at least a limb. He doesn't give you dragon meter from his health going down like you normally would get, but destroying the limbs still gives you it. So you want full prep and ideally you're trying to concentrate on getting something.

also uh...you want his second break to be at a certain time

note the timer at this point in what was the winning run for me

KczTj9G.png

can't kill the tiny humans if you're slumped on the ground, I guess

(got 3 clovers + a key fragment)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You absolurely want the limbs, or at least a limb. He doesn't give you dragon meter from his health going down like you normally would get, but destroying the limbs still gives you it. So you want full prep and ideally you're trying to concentrate on getting something.

also uh...you want his second break to be at a certain time

note the timer at this point in what was the winning run for me

can't kill the tiny humans if you're slumped on the ground, I guess

(got 3 clovers + a key fragment)
Thanks, I managed to get a clear somehow. Managed to do all of the missions for it too, so that's one thing out of the way. I got a few Succulent Fruit and a Sunlight Ore from it. Not too bad.

I'm definitely only doing this one per day though, just for the chest. It's not worth farming emblems from it unless you can get a consistent team going, the margin for error is just too tight.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Vixel > Hildegard in raids because of his raid-wide regen Heal on his S1 (Hilde's regen S2 only affects her team, probably because of the shield).

Xiao Lei is amazing with her crit damage/rate buff, especially when stacked on Cupid.

My clear team was H! Elly, Fleur, H! Edward, and Xiao Lei. You can probably play as any lance/blade user, just having a force strike that can quickly re-position you really helps I find. You can stay in iffy spots to do damage, then get out of danger zones faster than other weapons.

Don't need to worry about not hearing the whole song at this difficulty XD

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I guess every day I'll be messing with my team a bit to see if I can manage a full clear, hmm. I already swapped a few people in and out by that point.

Thanks, I managed to get a clear somehow. Managed to do all of the missions for it too, so that's one thing out of the way. I got a few Succulent Fruit and a Sunlight Ore from it. Not too bad.

I'm definitely only doing this one per day though, just for the chest. It's not worth farming emblems from it unless you can get a consistent team going, the margin for error is just too tight.

There's 0 reason to farm it anyway. It's literally the same stuff as Expert; it's not like Master facility where the drops are vaguely better.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, no more emblem drops or anything? That settles it, EX it is!

They said it in the announcement and repeat it when you open Nightmare for the first time; not sure how you missed it, hah.

Rather, when you open it they even explicitly say it has the same chances of getting EX as Expert. It's clearly there literally just for the bounty. (which means... I wonder how well runs will go throughout the day, if people stop as soon as they clear...)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They said it in the announcement and repeat it when you open Nightmare for the first time; not sure how you missed it, hah.

Rather, when you open it they even explicitly say it has the same chances of getting EX as Expert. It's clearly there literally just for the bounty. (which means... I wonder how well runs will go throughout the day, if people stop as soon as they clear...)
I probably read it, it just didn't register until you said it.

Thanks for the info! It makes going back to EX after my daily run a lot easier.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
For me the key was to force strike like there was no tomorrow XD

i changed from lucretia as main to alfonse, with motherly love and lunar festivities, and made a festival of FS and skills (bad thing is that he hasnt much movility compared with a blade for example) my team was Alfonse, Annelie, Lucretia& Vixel. curses are not as problematic and his skill 2 actually works well with alfonses also. (and empowers lucretia XD) it was a close call clear, literally on the last second, but everybody made it out alive, so it was a full clear with the power of friendship! XD

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried it once and the jump in difficulty is insane, it feels like it's missing a difficulty before nightmare and after EX.
Pretty late here where I'm at so I'll continue to attempt it tomorrow.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Eep the time limit on nightmare is way too strict, I had a group of 4 of us over 20k might, we had no deaths, focused down things correctly, all were constantly attacking.

We managed to burst it down once the timer had ended and he was just about to destroy everyone, it was tense as hell.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Defeated nightmare with 3 seconds to spare.

My team is alf, lucretia, hildegarde, julietta,at 19k. The other teams were similar, maybe albert instead of alfonse in one case

Gotta concentrate on breaking the main body with force strike spam. You should break him first at 2 minutes and again at one minute, then just hit him with everything

Dunno if breaking parts is desirable. We broke an arm but may have been coincidence

Cupid again may be ideal, as the combination of healing and critical is invaluable

If the time runs out, you still have a few (10? 15?) seconds to defeat him as he charges his final attack, but that _will_ kill you if you don't stop him

Dunno if bothering with dragon prep is ideal. I put only king s countenance and the rest was kit to maximize force strike and overdrive bar damage

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think the boss has way too much HP for dragon prep to be worth it, the whole point of dragon prep was to burst down the body parts quickly, whereas if the focus this time should be the body then its better to have wymrprints that give you better damage for the whole fight rather than just at the start

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If you do bring dragon prep, I would think it'd be more for the Cupid Heal + crit damage utility than damage. You can more safely bring 4 DPS if you have Cupid and dragon prep, ESPECIALLY if you're going for a no body part run since you're not going to get any dragon prep at all.

Overall, I like the concept of Nightmare and the implementation from a macro point of view. I wish there were more mechanics added in addition to the stats so the fight wasn't literally just "EX but now scaled to 20K+ Might players," but that might not be feasible for a rerun fight like Sabnock. I hope that's something they do for new raids if they plan to implement it as a staple going forward, since this kind of content definitely keeps endgame players engaged.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Got 20 succulent dragonfruits and 1 twinkling grains from the grand bounty. Not sure it was worth for going through a dozen of failed attempts and a victory in a clutch, at 4s remaining...

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
If you do bring dragon prep, I would think it'd be more for the Cupid Heal + crit damage utility than damage. You can more safely bring 4 DPS if you have Cupid and dragon prep, ESPECIALLY if you're going for a no body part run since you're not going to get any dragon prep at all.

Overall, I like the concept of Nightmare and the implementation from a macro point of view. I wish there were more mechanics added in addition to the stats so the fight wasn't literally just "EX but now scaled to 20K+ Might players," but that might not be feasible for a rerun fight like Sabnock. I hope that's something they do for new raids if they plan to implement it as a staple going forward, since this kind of content definitely keeps endgame players engaged.

Yeah, I only bothered with King's Countenance because of Julietta, as it doubles as curse resistance. May not even be worth it, dunno

I think a healer still may be needed, both because you get a ton of random damage while spamming fs, and because they will kamehameha the boss once it enters overdrive and that helps

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If you have a bunch of Cupid in your raid party a dedicated healer shouldn't be necessary, but it kind of depends on the team composition so it's hard to say for sure. Subbing out a haler for another DPS definitely helps, but then dead DPS contribute at all to the fight, so...

I guess it depends on the team makeup to decide what to bring.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Keep in mind there is a surprisingly large amount of Light DPS characters that have either self-heals (H! Edward, Amane (sorta), Ryozen, Julietta (sorta), Alfonse) or group heals like H! Elly, Odetta, or Fleur, which lessens the need for pure healers depending on the team makeup.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Probably could be interesting to use Fleur tomorrow as the main, to heal everybody while focusing on the FS spaming with motherly love/lunar festivities.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Managed to clear with 7s remaining. I had to opt ouf of a few lobby where people main dps didn't have a 5* ele weapon or were running a hp dragon.
Grand Bounty: 20 Succ + 1 Damascus Crystal.

aliencowz7

Apr 24, 2018
Pretty sure I'm just not strong enough for nightmare, best run I've been on was timing out at like 30%. Alot of the people I've been teamed with just get mauled right away too, oh well.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to clear with 7s remaining. I had to opt ouf of a few lobby where people main dps didn't have a 5* ele weapon or were running a hp dragon.
Grand Bounty: 20 Succ + 1 Damascus Crystal.

It's cool there's not even an epithet behind this mode

Just for bragging rights and some random rewards

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
After god knows how many attempts I finished it with 1s remaining. I started using Ieyasu for Bleed, which funnily enough is still OP as fuck.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt going to do a multi on this banner - but after using 6 single tickets and getting nothing worthwhile i just went ahead with a 10pull ticket.

Yeah - cant complain about that, second 5* Light Hero after Alfonse.
5* Dragon seems to be worse than the one Dark Dragon i already have...but still cool to have.

PS. Dont think ill be able to handle the new event difficulty Raid - just hope that enough people keep running the lower difficulties with their overpowered squads xD

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt going to do a multi on this banner - but after using 6 single tickets and getting nothing worthwhile i just went ahead with a 10pull ticket.

Yeah - cant complain about that, second 5* Light Hero after Alfonse.
5* Dragon seems to be worse than the one Dark Dragon i already have...but still cool to have.

PS. Dont think ill be able to handle the new event difficulty Raid - just hope that enough people keep running the lower difficulties with their overpowered squads xD

You shouldn't have to worry too much about that. Nightmare is only meant to be run once a day so otherwise everyone should still be in Expert as normal.

Well, maybe the concern should be the later days? It's so easy to dump all my wings into it that I'm already at 1.5k gold emblems; I got my 3 HMC clears on Monday so I don't even have that to worry about spending any on. And since Nightmare can proc EX, in a few days I might be done running Expert till wrapping things up in the last day or so.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
i was growing increasingly frustrated with losing Nightmare over and over again so i did something stupid and maxed p much everything on my H. Elisanne. Used ingots to MUB her 5*T3 weapon, used stones to MUB Cupid, used all the water I had to raise both of her WP to 100 and 97 (ran out of water lol)

Ended up clearing NM on the very next run, not sure if if was because of what I did or I got lucky, either way I feel dirty for blasting through my carefully hoarded resources like that. Now I only have one left each of Damascus Ingot and Sunlight Stone :/

And all of that for the "Grand reward" of a golden fragment and 3 clovers

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i was growing increasingly frustrated with losing Nightmare over and over again so i did something stupid and maxed p much everything on my H. Elisanne. Used ingots to MUB her 5*T3 weapon, used stones to MUB Cupid, used all the water I had to raise both of her WP to 100 and 97 (ran out of water lol)

Ended up clearing NM on the very next run, not sure if if was because of what I did or I got lucky, either way I feel dirty for blasting through my carefully hoarded resources like that. Now I only have one left each of Damascus Ingot and Sunlight Stone :/

And all of that for the "Grand reward" of a golden fragment and 3 clovers
is not like you wont be using H.Elly anymore! XD she will reap many more rewards later on :P

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I beat Nightmare going into overtime by breaking Sabnock at the last second. It was also a no death run luckily so I can chill on that end.

I'm disappointed though that it didn't give out a champions testament.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That was a nightmare, but I finally beat it. Had to adjust some wyrmprints and raise the level of some dragons. Thankfully no death runs only count for your team.

60348683_317335219164841_1998931127347183616_n.jpg
60355453_441624199997844_4262037296410263552_n.jpg
60289809_2085276085105452_2232823101983293440_n.jpg

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Last night we ran with just Cupids and all DPS once reset happened, after 2 tries we got it at the wire

Definitely tuned for top tier teams, which is awesome.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
A tips for Sabnock that was posted on reddit.
For his charge Sabnock target the closest player and if you rotate around him while targeted he eventually cancel his move. You can see it in this video:

It's difficult to pull of in the middle of the fight but easier at the beginning. That's some precious seconds saved right here.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just tried the Nightmare version of the Sabnock Clash. Wow. Lived through it fine (only 1 of the 16 died) but he was half health when the timer ran out.. brutal.

I mean, he's the greatest thing to come out of the raid, so it makes sense to capitalize on him. No other dragon is more worthy of potentially having two MUB copies in your Halidom.
Are you being sarcastic since you're a fan of the design or serious? The game never recommends him for me since he was only at 10% str/hp. I just got him to fully unbound and it's still just 15% which is the same as Silke with her not even being maxed out.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You shouldn't have to worry too much about that. Nightmare is only meant to be run once a day so otherwise everyone should still be in Expert as normal.

Well, maybe the concern should be the later days? It's so easy to dump all my wings into it that I'm already at 1.5k gold emblems; I got my 3 HMC clears on Monday so I don't even have that to worry about spending any on. And since Nightmare can proc EX, in a few days I might be done running Expert till wrapping things up in the last day or so.
Yeah you are right - finding rooms to run Expert isnt a issue.
Wish i could run/clear Nightmare at leats once as well but im just too weak and would probably cost whatever team that run heh.

My goal for now is to only get the MUB free event Dragon.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Are you being sarcastic since you're a fan of the design or serious? The game never recommends him for me since he was only at 10% str/hp. I just got him to fully unbound and it's still just 15% which is the same as Silke with her not even being maxed out.

I was speaking purely from the design perspective xD However, gameplay-wise, he's infinitely better than Elias in terms of freebies from the raid, since Lucas is literally better than him. Meanwhile, every account has a use for a mix dark dragon due to having access to both Cleo and Alex. There's also no pure HP dark dragons, so dark healers only have access to Nidhogg, Silke, and a 3* dragon in the permanent pool to buff HP, so he currently fulfills that niche fairly well for new/unlucky players.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking, and if Cygames want people to spend their wyrmite reserves before the inevitable summer gacha, I honestly think Mym and another adventurer (maybe Elisanne?) might present itself during the next gala. Both were pretty prominent in the latest story chapter so it'd make sense. Also, with the gacha changes I could see them doing a dual gala banner, and what better characters to release than a gala Elisanne and Mym as the first gala dragon?

I really hope I'm wrong, as I'm saving for summer and the first year anniversary but both of these would break me...

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
How's the new 5 star? Pulled him but my light team is already loaded and I like the new samurai waifu better so I put her in instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.