• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
IO double drop weekend of next week, time to empty all the stamina bottles again.

Also it will takes some time until people realize that Wukong add are healing him and need to be killed.
Ha, I thought he was healing himself at some point but I just thought that group was bad. Still, doesn't seem to matter before Nightmare. Which I will dread again, oh boy. But the overall fight is pretty cool.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well now I'm just conflicted. lol

A sparking system like that would be a welcome addition to summoning, and going by Cygames' history of generosity with DL, I bet you'll be able to pick an adventurer of your choosing after far fewer pulls than 300, but I won't get my hopes up...

I dunno if it'd be significantly less than 300. I would guess the point would be to give people who have worse than average luck a guaranteed chance to get the gacha too, but given new units often only have 0.5% drop rates in the first place, it'd be 200+ at minimum surely anyway?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Qitian Dasheng has nipples on his 2D art, but not the model.
Pretty disappointing.

I demand compensation Wyrmite for this unforgivable oversight.

#Justice4Dash'sDingers

I dunno if it'd be significantly less than 300. I would guess the point would be to give people who have worse than average luck a guaranteed chance to get the gacha too, but given new units often only have 0.5% drop rates in the first place, it'd be 200+ at minimum surely anyway?

With how generous Cygames has been up to now, you never know what they have in store for the anniversary. But as Chrono posted, it's pretty much a given that we'll see something resembling a spark system, rates to be determined.

I'd even go as far as to predict that they'll give away a 5-star of your choosing (excluding Gala units), kinda like what FEH does with the annual fan-voted Brave Heroes. Granted, this is all optimistic speculation on my part, so go easy on me. lol

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Yay a new piano piece!! Best thing of the event so far for me. By a mile.

Worst thing: they fixed back the Dragon Arcanum stats.

Last edited:

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Still playin, trying to take it a little easier though.

I'm actually hurting for champions testaments now. I've been extremely fortunate on the last 3 banners and early on I wasted 3-4 on the Damascus pieces on the 5th tier. For the longest time I didn't actually realize there was a lvl3 skill upgrade because there are eldwater upgrades on either side of it! So after upgrading everyone I'm short!

Well at least the void shop will reset soon.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
wH8HSa2_d.jpg

RIP Frank and John.

We hardly knew ye.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oof did the High Midgardsormr prelude for the first time and got fuuuuucked. Any advice?

Who are you playing as and what are their stats (Mana Circle, Strength, Health)? Also dragon/dragon unbinds/levels and weapon/weapon unbind, Wyrmprints and whatnot in order to get a better idea on what you're working with.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Who are you playing as and what are their stats (Mana Circle, Strength, Health)? Also dragon/dragon unbinds/levels and weapon/weapon unbind, Wyrmprints and whatnot in order to get a better idea on what you're wrorking with.
Without knowing this info, the advice I'd give would be to study his attack patterns. Check out a walkthrough and watch one of ther billions of videos out there. The great thing about the high dragon trials is their strict attack rotation. Once you get it down, it's not hard to avoid most damage.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
EX doesn't require dealing with the adds unless the room only contains new/budget players (entire room below 14k Might, for example). As a 21k/30% Prep mono-Fire player who only does EX in rooms without Might conditions, I've yet to see a run go past 50-60 seconds. By the time any healers spawn, he's being put in Break state and bursted down.

Nightmare will likely require killing the healers, and for players to notice the orb "Weak Point" when the boss is charging up. If you go to an easier difficulty in a Solo Private room, wait for the boss to dash north and start charging (don't put him in Overdrive before this). You'll see a "Weak Point" indicator around the upper left where the orb is, and hitting that is likely to be key when Nightmare releases.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
EX doesn't require dealing with the adds unless the room only contains new/budget players (entire room below 14k Might, for example). As a 21k/30% Prep mono-Fire player who only does EX in rooms without Might conditions, I've yet to see a run go past 50-60 seconds. By the time any healers spawn, he's being put in Break state and bursted down.

Nightmare will likely require killing the healers, and for players to notice the orb "Weak Point" when the boss is charging up. If you go to an easier difficulty in a Solo Private room, wait for the boss to dash north and start charging (don't put him in Overdrive before this). You'll see a "Weak Point" indicator around the upper left where the orb is, and hitting that is likely to be key when Nightmare releases.

yeah its this, ex pretty much dies.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
People are posting really high might gates again for ex, when its not really needed, high might players are being funneled into those rooms.

This pretty much. To get around it, I either host rooms myself or queue with an off-element, low might team then quick swap once I'm in the room. I want to help the newer players.

Conditional rooms seemed like a great idea at first, but the inability to opt-out of "Up for Anything" rooms when using matchmaking is annoying. And the conditions don't even do anything if the players joining don't agree with them - conditions are freely ignored once a player is in the room.

For example, I have Void Zephyr and Void Agni on Solo Auto farm, so I'm just looking for quick clears when I play them in Co-Op - I'm often dumping Blessed Ashes/Wyrmite/30-day pack refills into them, so speed and the ability to quickly repeat a run matters to me. I can even solo them with myself plus one of my AI if I have to. So I'll set a conditional room with a very low Might requirement and ban Staff/Healers. 90% of the time, this means someone joins and quick swaps to Verica/V.Hilde.

Its sad when my "optimal" play in Void Co-Op is to make a private room, open it, and lock it the moment anyone joins for a quick start. At least that way, if I'm "lucky" enough to trap a low level player with infinite wings who wants to learn the fight, then I can potentially run 10+ times in a row without any delay. But I shouldn't be incentivized to play this way.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as well-intentioned as the might gates are, I feel that they're easily the worst addition to the game and are more detrimental than anything.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I take it back, I get into gated 21000 "EXPERT" rooms, which is actually a detriment in that sometimes you skip killing the rod cuz you drive him to od so fast.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm still in the camp that if the might room condition wasn't in place, you'd just have hosts that would refuse to start rooms until they hit exactly what they want and wasting more people's time. This was a constant in the first few months of HMS, and it'd be even worse for content like raids, especially since it's time-limited. The reason you see these high might rooms more than other rooms is because other rooms are instantly being made and starting up at a much faster rate while these high might room hosts are waiting until they get what they want, which makes them stay in the queue longer.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I just start a room and it fills, isnt that what everyone does?

How do you even set up a might restricted room?

"Create a room with conditions" High might players get funneled to these rooms as these rooms are always older and the quick play option always tries to fill older rooms when available. I do think its annoying in that the player base as taken advantage of it and its basically separating high might players from the lower might players that could use the help (and trust me there's actually alot of us like XuandeXun who don't mind helping out lower geared players at all).

Its why I do like the design of the current raid punishing have too strong of a raid in expert at least.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I threw a ten roll at the banner hoping for Aeleen or one Ifrit so I could have two MUB Ifrits in my party. Instead this happened.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
This pretty much. To get around it, I either host rooms myself or queue with an off-element, low might team then quick swap once I'm in the room. I want to help the newer players.

I've now been entering the queue as water and switching, thanks for the tip its worked really well in getting a more balanced representation in game.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
The reason you see these high might rooms more than other rooms is because other rooms are instantly being made and starting up at a much faster rate while these high might room hosts are waiting until they get what they want, which makes them stay in the queue longer.

The problem with this is when you have people like me who want to use matchmaking but instead qualify for these rooms. There's been plenty of times when I would queue for popular content only to be put into the same Might 5k+/Specific Weapon room several times in a row. The matchmaker feels like it favors funneling qualifying players into conditional rooms over open rooms, given the chance. They fill slower than open rooms, which gives them first priority.

This can be bypassed if I queue as a "bad" team, but its an extra step I shouldn't have to take. I'd rather just see "Up for Anything" removed from the matchmaking queue like the other goals are. It would get more players to use the room browsing mode, and it would return matchmaking to its old state where all players are equally welcome.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The problem with this is when you have people like me who want to use matchmaking but instead qualify for these rooms. There's been plenty of times when I would queue for popular content only to be put into the same Might 5k+/Specific Weapon room several times in a row. The matchmaker feels like it favors funneling qualifying players into conditional rooms over open rooms, given the chance. They fill slower than open rooms, which gives them first priority.

This can be bypassed if I queue as a "bad" team, but its an extra step I shouldn't have to take. I'd rather just see "Up for Anything" removed from the matchmaking queue like the other goals are. It would get more players to use the room browsing mode, and it would return matchmaking to its old state where all players are equally welcome.

I just host raids and let anyone in, but I can see how that change could help. My only issue with it is that you're essentially punishing all the people who are reasonable with the conditions so that they will now also have much longer wait times along with the problematic ones. At the moment, the normal folk are having fast queue times and ideal comps with conditioned rooms because they have more relaxed requirements and are just using the system as intended, which may not be the case anymore if they're not matched with the "Up For Anything" crowd.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I usually host with no restrictions too, but would like stickers to point people to the right element/gear. Though the healing stickers are pretty snarky, going into a Void battle without the right gear or completely off element is gonna suck for everyone.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I had little bug. Was able to see the story and the 14500 power level coop quest in raid event and story quest above that 14500 power level quest. Tried to read that story but got some error text.
Couldn't join to 14500 coop and game crashed when I tried to take screen pic.

Last day of Void event I decided to try Void Angi coop. I have 5303 power level Laranoa and figured ah lets go to test. Kinda surprised how "easy" it was and got gold Epitaph for clearing it under 195 seconds, everyone was alive.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot_20190531-103134.png

Not sure if it was worth or not. Atleast Mym got ~820 more to power and I got first last tier weapon.

Screenshot_20190601-124952.png

Champion Testament drought is real, granted Iam out of Eldwater too. Issues of having relatively newish accout. Trying to get one unit of every element to max Mana Circle, slowly getting there :).

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
In a Champion Testament drought too

it's not like I want to summon more 5*, Cygames

I will make do with what I got

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I had bad luck since the start of the event, but my EX raid trigger rate seems quite low compare to past raid events. In 24h, when dedicating all my getherwings to trigger the EX raid, I've done it only 5 times if not for less.
Hope that's just me and they haven't change the appearance rate. It was perfect in the rerun of Resplendent Refrain.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just you. To me EX feels like it has a 25-30% of proc rate. This probably has something to do with the time window for the event, much longer than the RR rerun. You should just take your time.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I got gacha dragon (2nd gacha) and saw that I have 5/5 WP left in gacha and around 200 items. Figured Ill fish for stuff and see what silver WPs I get, didnt know that random WP can be bronze or gold.

Screenshot_20190602-123154.png

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I got gacha dragon (2nd gacha) and saw that I have 5/5 WP left in gacha and around 200 items. Figured Ill fish for stuff and see what silver WPs I get, didnt know that random WP can be bronze or gold.

Screenshot_20190602-123154.png
Yeah, seems like there is at least one 5* Wyrmprint with FoG in those pulls.
If you plan to farm alot its probably best to not reset until you get those WPS....people who cant do that many runs should probably reset the once they get the event WP and Dragon, to get them done before the Raid is over.

PS. Whats your Ingame name ?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I regret not emptying the first box, since it'd have been easy to get it then. I didn't know it was in the early boxes...

But I'm likely gonna be near emptying the rest anyway, and I have a few copies as is, so getting it to MUB from this without any extra effort is still likely.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I regret not emptying the first box, since it'd have been easy to get it then. I didn't know it was in the early boxes...

But I'm likely gonna be near emptying the rest anyway, and I have a few copies as is, so getting it to MUB from this without any extra effort is still likely.

Yeah I didnt know that either so refreshed first box before getting all WP. Now I know.

PS. Whats your Ingame name ?

Same as nick here: Rixa

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So after deleting the game a few months ago I got bored and reinstalled, only to find my account was deleted despite being linked to my Nintendo account. I spent a night or two restarting to see what I could get and I wound up with this:

5* characters: Mikoto, Sarisse, Maribelle, Albert and Annelie.
5* dragons: Marishiten, Pazuzu, Prometheus, and the free Yulong from the current event.

If I was going to keep going, what would I want to focus on?

user__

Oct 25, 2017
You are not the first person I read they lose the account they thought had bounded to Nintendo's, I'm starting to worrying.

Jokes aside, that's a very good starting pool. Sarisse and Marishiten are especially precious being limited.
I don't get the question though. Keep going with what?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You are not the first person I read they lose the account they thought had bounded to Nintendo's, I'm starting to worrying.

Jokes aside, that's a very good starting pool. I don't get the question though. Keep going with what?

Like if I was going to keep playing, which characters would I want to work on first? Mikoto and Albert are already level 52 but the others are all around 20 to 30 and nobody's past their second mana circle. Only Albert has an elemental weapon.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so maybe you want to start building a team for each element, then thinking about building teams for Imperial Onslaught stages and weapons for Void trials, and after you can start building an adventurer for the High Dragon Trials, starting with the Wind one, the easier, but I wouldn't fret about that yet, being endgame material. Keep in mind that even 3* adventurers (when promoted) are perfectly viable for basically all the content. For sure though all your 5* adventurer will be very good options for their respective HDTs, as well as everything else, in their respective category (element/resistance) obviously.

Trying to better answer your question, the level of a character doesn't really matters alone in this game. It's more a combination of it's build, being composed of
Level
Mana Circle
Weapon
Wyrmprints
Dragon
Facilities in the Halidom.

Even if you go all the way to put your favourite character to 80 lv. and 50/50 mana circle it doesn't get you very far. The equipment and the other bits of the game are equally important, for that reason I'm telling you to build teams and not rush things, doing what's at hand first.

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Like if I was going to keep playing, which characters would I want to work on first? Mikoto and Albert are already level 52 but the others are all around 20 to 30 and nobody's past their second mana circle. Only Albert has an elemental weapon.

All of your characters are really solid, I guess you would work on a fire character for hms first.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Is even Mikoto still good? I remember he was a launch unit.

He's still one of the best fire units, yes. They've not added so many units that good 5* on-res units are irrelevant anyway, but he was also one of the best launch units to begin with. It doesn't hurt that the competing best fire units are limited, as well.

There's not really been much power creep as much as some units' kits just increasingly aren't as good in practical use. But for 5* that's... kinda just Hawk, and to some extent Nefaria, still? And they had issues even early on. Other than that it's just mostly issues of resistance making you better fit for high dragons or not. And along those lines you have characters like, say, Louise who's on-res but not super common in High Mercury parties, but that's yet another bow user and she does have some of the same issues as Hawk/Nefaria anyway as a result, so that's not weird either.

Last edited:

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So after deleting the game a few months ago I got bored and reinstalled, only to find my account was deleted despite being linked to my Nintendo account. I spent a night or two restarting to see what I could get and I wound up with this:

5* characters: Mikoto, Sarisse, Maribelle, Albert and Annelie.
5* dragons: Marishiten, Pazuzu, Prometheus, and the free Yulong from the current event.

If I was going to keep going, what would I want to focus on?

I'll echo that you should make a team for each element to start with. It might be worth mentioning what 4* (and even 3* units) you have. Some of them are extremely good and might help you round out your teams well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo that you should make a team for each element to start with. It might be worth mentioning what 4* (and even 3* units) you have. Some of them are extremely good and might help you round out your teams well.

I'll just go element by element for my 4*+ units, then. We'd be here all day if I was listing my 3*s too.

Fire: Mikoto, Sarisse, Maribelle, Euden, Yue, Xuan Zang, Sinoa
Water: Orsem, Luther, Karina, Elisanne
Wind: Ku Hai, Addis, Musashi, Ranzal, Pia, Aeleen, Eleonora
Light: Albert, Annelie, Ryozen, Yachiyo, Luca, Amane
Dark: Orion, Sazanka, Norwin, Cleo, Edward

Healers seem to be a weak spot for me in basically every element.

Status
Not open for further replies.