• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just go element by element for my 4*+ units, then. We'd be here all day if I was listing my 3*s too.

Fire: Mikoto, Sarisse, Maribelle, Euden, Yue, Xuan Zang, Sinoa
Water: Orsem, Luther, Karina, Elisanne
Wind: Ku Hai, Addis, Musashi, Ranzal, Pia, Aeleen, Eleonora
Light: Albert, Annelie, Ryozen, Yachiyo, Luca, Amane
Dark: Orion, Sazanka, Norwin, Cleo, Edward

Healers seem to be a weak spot for me in basically every element.

Your fire is extremely stacked, haha. As far as your healer concerns, you'd be fine sticking with Cleo to start out with- since she's a dark unit (and the dark/light weakness always favors the player), she'll never take worse than neutral damage. As you pick up more on element healers, you'll be able to start diversifying more.

You'll want to try to have at least one character on each element that can resist an ailment your others can't (for instance, wind enemies typically inflict either stun or sleep). For fire, Sarisse resists both ailments so she'll cover that. I'd probably just focus on your natural five stars there to start. That being said, Sinoa is a fantastic buffer and Xuan Zang has a great debuff that's especially useful in raids. Down the line you may want to consider building one of those, especially the latter.

You don't have many options for water, but thankfully you do have a few excellent characters there. Elisanne has a good party buff, Karina covers your stun immunity, and Orsem is super good in his own right.

You've got a great selection for wind. Addis provides bleed which is extremely strong- he'd be a fantastic addition. He also has freeze resistance. Beyond him, I'd just choose from among Ku Hai, Ranzal, Aeleen and Eleonora while avoiding stacking up on weapon types. All but Aeleen have bog res so you'll be covered there.

Albert and Annelie are both great and have you covered for poison res on light, so you'll probably want a character with curse res. I'd go with Yachiyo or Amane.

For dark, insta include Sazanka since she's great and has bleed. For now you'll have to use Norwin and Orion. They're both pretty good.

Overall, outside of the lack of on element healers I'd say you made out very well for yourself. If you end up wanting to do high dragon trials down the line, you should already have somebody viable for all of them (hopefully so for light and dark, but we'll have to see how those fights turn out to know for sure).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So after deleting the game a few months ago I got bored and reinstalled, only to find my account was deleted despite being linked to my Nintendo account. I spent a night or two restarting to see what I could get and I wound up with this:

5* characters: Mikoto, Sarisse, Maribelle, Albert and Annelie.
5* dragons: Marishiten, Pazuzu, Prometheus, and the free Yulong from the current event.

If I was going to keep going, what would I want to focus on?

If you left before Void Battles, 4* dragons are a lot more relevant now, especially the Strength dragons, since it's much easier to MUB them with 2 moonstones in the Void Trade Shop which refreshes monthly. It gives you a guaranteed MUB of any 4* dragon you pull every two months.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If you left before Void Battles, 4* dragons are a lot more relevant now, especially the Strength dragons, since it's much easier to MUB them with 2 moonstones in the Void Trade Shop which refreshes monthly. It gives you a guaranteed MUB of any 4* dragon you pull every two months.

Yeah, I have no idea what Void Battles are. I keep seeing them mentioned in my daily quests but I don't have access to them I don't think?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have no idea what Void Battles are. I keep seeing them mentioned in my daily quests but I don't have access to them I don't think?

They're unlocked after completing chapter 6 or 7 of the main story IIRC. I definitely recommend trying to clear out the shop each month- it gives a pretty phenomenal amount of materials.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll echo that you should make a team for each element to start with. It might be worth mentioning what 4* (and even 3* units) you have. Some of them are extremely good and might help you round out your teams well.

This is doubly good advice because an update coming mid month specifically recommended people try and work towards a team for each element to go before it (mercurial gauntlet) releases.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Ah, they're unlocked after completing Chapter 7 I believe. They are basically a bunch of boss battles that bridge the gap between IO and High Dragons, letting you craft Void weapons meant for High Dragons, other Void Bosses, or just general use. You also earn Void seeds to exchange in the Void Trade Shop. We usually get new Void battles once a month during "off-time" between events like at the end of May last month, which is when you'll see the Void Battle daily and limited-time endeavors pop up. That's also when it's the best time to grind them out for Void seeds/leaves since the endeavors will award bonus leaves/seeds to help clear out the shop.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love how the raid is filled with Xuan Zang and Valentines Hildegarde who both have strength debuffs. The boss ends up hitting like a wet noodle

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I find it cute that Euden and Mym have good synergy this raid since Euden's Dragon Claws combined with Tempest Overlord for a ton of strength stacking on top of a Def debuff and just being a sword for good FS damage for the OD bar, while Mym can increase the dragon bar so he can dragon sooner, and being hit by stun-inducing stuff just lets her build the dragon bar faster.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda feels like the first few days will be a

nightmare
3494.jpg

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's not nightmare but this raid boss seems easier than the others. That said he seems to have a ton of HP, which'll make nightmare a pain.
I'm not sure if the community is ready for Nightmare. It kinda feels like the first few days will be a

nightmare

Nightmare exists to punish high might players for playing lazily these past few days.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'll cash out on my whale and hoarding tendencies for this nightmare raid

I might pass out before reset, but I can confidently say I'm prepared. I have no idea if this is optimal, I just like the Euden/Mym synergy as well as the Sinoa/Sarisse synergy.

Last edited:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll cash out on my whale and hoarding tendencies for this nightmare raid

V3fTAnT.jpg

I might pass out before reset, but I can confidently say I'm prepared. I have no idea if this is optimal, I just like the Euden/Mym synergy as well as the Sinoa/Sarisse synergy.

that's better than what I plan to go in with:

61864583_446141809547169_4631571931756232704_n.jpg

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yours might end up being more optimal depending on how much healers are needed. I think I'd probably swap my Sinoa/Sarisse for Xuan Zang and Verica/V! Hilde potentially if that ends up being the case.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I find it cute that Euden and Mym have good synergy this raid since Euden's Dragon Claws combined with Tempest Overlord for a ton of strength stacking on top of a Def debuff and just being a sword for good FS damage for the OD bar, while Mym can increase the dragon bar so he can dragon sooner, and being hit by stun-inducing stuff just lets her build the dragon bar faster.

I'm sure Euden is perfectly aware of this synergy, just like he is to Mym's incessant advances.

I'm not sure if the community is ready for Nightmare. It kinda feels like the first few days will be a

nightmare

Reported to the mods for offensively bad pun usage.

Wait a minute...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I completed the new Nightmare on my second try. It doesn't seem as difficult as Sabnock, but I might have gotten lucky with a good group. Had around ten seconds or so remaining, got all of the missions as well. The key seems to be killing the monkeys as soon as they spawn. I got a key fragment from the reward. Of course. Oh well, it'll eventually save me some eldwater.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just got it my first try, so I'm happy I decided to take advantage of still being awake... We did totally only win due to him continuing to do an attack past the timer running down, but people actually did seem to be decent about killing the summons and it wouldn't have been too bad to expect a clear on the next run if we failed.

...though, uh, I do sorta want to risk turning up my graphics settings a bit for the next one. I turn this old phone's settings all the way down to be safe when I switched to it, but (and I'm jinxing myself here) I'm pretty sure it's not had weird issues for a few days now, so even with its battery draining kinda fast I'd like to risk actually being able to consistently see the other raid members...

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had to bash my head at it for a bit, but I did manage to get my nightmare clear thankfully. This was also the attempt where people actually managed to break the staff/most of the orbs, so yeah that would make a pretty big difference lol

Didn't try the last nightmare raid but this was fun

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Did 4 tries before succeeding with a whooping 18s left. Everyone in the room was above 20k in might. The host had Ieyasu in their team, maybe that helped to raise the DPS thanks to bleeding ?
It's blitz orb attack is annoying if charged, and killing the adds is necessary but takes away precious time to do so (plus if you're unlucky, you have to dodge multiples attack while exterminating the monkeys). But it surely is not as obnoxious as Sabnock's attacks...

Last edited:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I completed the new Nightmare on my second try. It doesn't seem as difficult as Sabnock, but I might have gotten lucky with a good group. Had around ten seconds or so remaining, got all of the missions as well. The key seems to be killing the monkeys as soon as they spawn. I got a key fragment from the reward. Of course. Oh well, it'll eventually save me some eldwater.

Also cleared on my 2nd try after someone got disconnected on my first try and everyone quit. So I guess technically my first try?

Also got the worst combination of the grand bounty again =/

D8HklwZUcAEVPTU.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
God Fjorn might be the first actual unit in the game where I actually enjoy the kit individually. Her counter style is really fun and she can output insane damage.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Nightmare is a lot easier this time, boss HP pool is a lot smaller provided that healers are dealt with.

I had to kill 75% of them myself, but it still led to a first try clear with a minute remaining.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure if nightmare is easier this time, I do think there's more going on if you're an undergeared group (having to focus fire the chis - and monkeys).

I do think there's a very big variance in fire teams this time around, the top tier fire teams can do a ton of damage.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with sabnock is his charge was too often and too far 2x back to back and most folks didn't know how to negate it in the heat of battle. This raid boss' charge is no where near as bad.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know Nightmare this time is easier but boy does it suck to constantly get groups who refuse attack and break the green orb thus causing 4 units to die super fast.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Was having a terrible time trying to clear nightmare with my 19.1 - 19.5k team using quickplay getting matched with similar ranged people and a random 20/21k every now and again. Farthest I got with these groups was 50% with no time left.

Made my own room with a 20k req, cleared on the first try with 30 seconds to spare. 😑 Every orb was melting, full dragon meter from the start, and I wasn't the only one killing monkeys. Night and day from my quick play runs with other 19k's.

So should I even queue up for Nightmare with my ~17500 Fire team or will I just be a bother to people?
I wouldn't say it's a bother to people, if they want higher ranged people they can make or look for a room with those requirements. Just don't go in expecting to clear it with that team using quick play.

You'll likely just get dumped in with similar ranged people. Seems like the custom room option funnels most of the higher might teams into rooms with might requirements.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Was having a terrible time trying to clear nightmare with my 19.1 - 19.5k team using quickplay getting matched with similar ranged people and a random 20/21k every now and again. Farthest I got with these groups was 50% with no time left.

Made my own room with a 20k req, cleared on the first try with 30 seconds to spare. 😑 Every orb was melting, full dragon meter from the start, and I wasn't the only one killing monkeys. Night and day from my quick play runs with other 19k's.

I wouldn't say it's a bother to people, if they want higher ranged people they can make or look for a room with those requirements. Just don't go in expecting to clear it with that team using quick play.

You'll likely just get dumped in with similar ranged people. Seems like the custom room option funnels most of the higher might teams into rooms with might requirements.

Well okay, I guess it can't hurt to try atleast. I always go for add's and boss-parts, trying to evade everything in the process so I try my best to play properly.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Woot, got my first nightmare clear! My might is only 18.2k so it took few tries, but I finally found a good group. Awesome!

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
ugh, nightmare seems harder than sabnock's cause this time it is a huge coordination problem, instead of a dps check

if your group isn't each killing a mini once they appear, you probably ain't making it. altho I am still not sure if killing the monkeys immediately is the best? cause while you are all doing it, orb. ugh

only got very close to it with one group. tried again and then we all got at least one member killed by the orbs

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've tried several times on nightmare and can even get him down to 1/2 HP. I'm just hitting a little over 15000 might, so I wasn't expecting to win. I just started playing about a month ago so I still have a lot to grind (and learn).

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Iam most likely going to avoid Nightmare. Maybe next time Ill try. Just happy that yesterday I noticed I can auto Brunhilda's dragon trial and Fire IO Master. Double speed for clearing is so nice plus soon we will have double drop on IO \o_,

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Managed to sneak my way into a 21k+ rooms by using a not really optimized setup and Nightmare was a breeze. Cleared it with around 30s to spare.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, Nurse aeleen seems like she's the actual best water healer.

Am I right on this?

Yeah she's handily the best once you've invested enough in her. Thaniel is still good as a more budget option for HBH alongside needing to use him for any meme runs with burn-susceptible units.

I think Aeleen pretty much needs the Void Staff with the Defense boost to be able to do HBH since she can't use Volcanic Queen. Also you'd probably want some good facility levels to go with it. But once you get the investment in she is much better than Thaniel for HBH.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
LrHGvdZ_d.jpg

Ah, did it

What changed

-hoh / shining overlord on mym instead of levin / resounding rendition, to stack on burst damage and dragon claws

-hitting the orbs. Keeping always the skills to hit the orbs or monkeys

-lucked out with three good pub mikotos

-just tank the first rod attack with mym's dragon transform, then hitting it with skill to try to break it

-euden instead of marth, to use his defense debuff.

May switch vanessa for marth and bring two swords. I am still changing from mym to sword once over bar is on, but a second cpu doing FS even if not optimal may help, particularly if it's marth

I knew we were doing it when we broke him with more than a minute left

If you don't have mym, it is vital you bring xuan zang for the debuff. Euden is a good altrrnative

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My team is 19.6k I think, with an ~18.4k room condition though I forget the might of who joined.

I think we only had the orb go off once or twice, and for me personally that was actually fine. Marth's ability activated and my whole team got their skills, so we healed up fast and were better off for it. But that's a risky approach...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I've played over a dozen 18.5k might Nightmare rooms and no one is attacking the orbs. I hope the PUBs get better as the week goes on.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very close to being done with insignia farming with respect to HDT prints and dojo upgrades. But I also need 2,200 gold coins in order to actually do those upgrades. Hopefully I can make a dent in that number during the double drop IO event but max dojos still seems quite a ways off for me.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My lowest is 23/23 now, fairly close to getting that to 24/24. I'll put some honey into the double drops, but I think it's wind that would have been much more helpful due to wands and axes being more important than at least lances and blades. Fire is helpful, at least.

Sorta still trying to figure out what to push up to where, though. The silver coin drought remains real...

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Did some quick math and found that if I do what I did during the last double drop IO event and spend my honeys until I'm left with 50 of each type, I'd get about 500~ gold coins from that. I could probably push harder and use more honey, even dip into my ashes but I'm hesitant to spend ashes because I don't want to sit there and actively grind IO. Auto battle with honeys is good enough for me.

It really depends on what Mercurial Gauntlet is going to be, and I doubt we'll know more about it before the IO event is up. I really don't want to be in a position where I've finished all my dojos and the only thing left to spend wings on are HDTs. They're fun to do weekly but the thought of going through PUBs to get like 4-5x HDT clears every single day makes me want to scream. That's why I'm hoping Mercurial Gauntlet might fill the gap and give a new super grind to work on, but the news made it sound solo focused.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I really don't want to be in a position where I've finished all my dojos and the only thing left to spend wings on are HDTs. They're fun to do weekly but the thought of going through PUBs to get like 4-5x HDT clears every single day makes me want to scream. That's why I'm hoping Mercurial Gauntlet might fill the gap and give a new super grind to work on, but the news made it sound solo focused.
You could also spend your wings on Void Battles for those Squishums that seems to have an abyssal drop rate. Granted we still have no idea what they will be used for.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait till Poseidon before I start hunting for a squishum.

Still wondering if that anti-Mercury axe is gonna be good or if I should just make a 5.3. And... ok, I keep putting this off, but with now using a sword character for the raid again, I think it's time for Sword Squad's 5.3s to actually be a thing instead of just talking about it... So I'll do that tonight.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Still wondering if that anti-Mercury axe is gonna be good or if I should just make a 5.3. And... ok, I keep putting this off, but with now using a sword character for the raid again, I think it's time for Sword Squad's 5.3s to actually be a thing instead of just talking about it... So I'll do that tonight.

I'm sure the eventual HMC Bane axe will be fine, but the general rule of thumb for V5.3s vs. 5.3s is that if the 5.3 comes with a damage skill then it will beat out the V5.3, with the reverse being true if it does not have a damage skill. So Axe of the Southern Cross should remain the best option for HMC, though the V5.3 will be less expensive and probably still work out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.