• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Well, they should be 16/16 by default, so you have a lot of room to improve them.

Do you have maxed altars + wind shrine? If so, it looks like with 2 maxed 5* prints, you'd already hit 2.5k at 17/17 even with her only having 45 mana. Though I don't think RR is actually the recommended 2nd print for her; pretty sure Flower in the Fray is what's recommended, which means you'd drop down a bit due to the 4* print.

Regardless- I don't think you'll inherently drag the team down/need to be outright carried and such, but I do think you might need to make sure the rest of the team is stacked in comparison, and (as always) you'll want to make sure you're playing as best you can. And do note we'll probably get a wind slime facility very soon and that'll help somewhat too; that's a nice 4% bonus. Beyond that... well, MUB Zephyr with Flower, 45 mana, 17/17, etc. does hit 2.8k.
I'll look into it it, thanks for the tips

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I started this game 2 days ago and it was going really good and I was enjoying it and getting addicted but now im hitting some walls and while that is fine, i dont feel much progression in the game. Already leveled dragons, advents wyrmprints, crafted new weapons and unbinded them, have 4 workers all building new stuff as I go, doing raids in expert dificulty and cleared most of the event contents.
I get stuck here and there because obviously i dont have dedicated teams for each elements so i am going forth and back to hard mode and normal mode of quests to slowly progressing, atm at chapter 7 of normal mode, and saved 12k wyrmites because I feel no need to pull anything so far.

The rest of the game is just a shore doing raids on co op over and over and over to level up and do another 3/4 quests and repeat raids over and over and over.
I know I have some events like advent power and some of the IO's i believe thats what they are called, but didn't clear all of them yet but I mostly just clear the daily chest bonus.

My point is, should I hope to unlock any other content worthwhile doing late game or this is pretty much the game?

I enjoy the graphics, combat (very simple, even in raids, and I know it gets harder in nightmare dificulty) the sound and music is nice, everything looks on point even the building system which can be quite addicting, but is there anything else that might keep me going? Because Its my old second day and i'm already finding repetitive.

Finishing Chapter 7 unlocks Void Battles, which are a bunch of boss battles. The hardest Void battles, Void Agni/Zephyr, are previews of the hardest content in the game, High Dragon Trials. I'd say to give this content a spin, since it'll give you a good picture on whether you want to stay with DL for it's endgame, which is mainly based around difficult boss battles that require coordination.

We're also going to get Void Poseidon and a new mode called the Mercurial Gauntlet this month, which might be up your alley if you decide to stick around. Not too much is known about it aside from what's written in this Dev letter.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully there's a nice light dragon on the summer banner (light/summer it makes sense). I really hate that freaky little nerd, Cupid.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling it's going to be a water banner, it just makes sense. Water healer Verica incoming!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling it's going to be a water banner, it just makes sense. Water healer Verica incoming!

Just after releasing nurse Aileen? Not so sure.

I wonder if mercurial gauntlet is going to have daily consecrated water, hope so. I guess it'll be that and/or a new item related to that vague mention of further character upgrades.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
What are all the 5.3s that are worth crafting these days? I want to craft Zex's End because (A) it looks cool, and (B), I have Odetta, Albert, Alfonse and Raemond. Surely it will become useful at some point, even if it's not now...

Basically I've invested a lot in sword chars, but all the other 5.3 swords look dumb.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just after releasing nurse Aileen? Not so sure.

I wonder if mercurial gauntlet is going to have daily consecrated water, hope so. I guess it'll be that and/or a new item related to that vague mention of further character upgrades.
One's a 4* and the other's a 5*, though. Totally different!

I personally don't think the summer event will be hitting until August either, as that's usually when GBF hold their summer banners. It'll probably be a lead-up to the anniversary gala starting in late August/early September, so it might not be THAT soon.

But hey, it's Cygames. They could release the summer event next week for all I know, haha.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
What are all the 5.3s that are worth crafting these days? I want to craft Zex's End because (A) it looks cool, and (B), I have Odetta, Albert, Alfonse and Raemond. Surely it will become useful at some point, even if it's not now...

Basically I've invested a lot in sword chars, but all the other 5.3 swords look dumb.

Basically every 5.3 core weapon with a DPS skill is good for DPS characters, including Zex's End.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can you imagine if they announced a Pokemon x Dragalia Lost collab in the Pokemon Direct

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're juicing him back up! Attack the little ones!

It's charging up! Attack while you can!

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Raised my verica high enough to take void zephyr.

Not as hard as I thought it would be.
Congrats! I find Void Zephyr to be a fun fight even after the grind fatigue sets in. Verica was my first character to beat him too but I had to swap her out for s sword user after getting frustrated that other swords weren't force striking.

Seriously, a well-played Naveed triggers easy mode.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I could not stand playing Verica or even my preferred Sinoa because people refused to FS

so I did most of my farming as Naveed

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Played well, Void Zephyr can be soloed by one melee DPS on a decent setup (MUB Ifrit or better, any matching 4* Dull Res or non-Void 5* Elemental weapon, preferably a Sword character). Verica is fine for learning the fight and helping lesser skilled players clear more consistently, which is as far as most players bother to go. However, for someone who has farmed Zephyr as much as I have, I detest seeing her in my lobbies - at best she denies Marth's passive if I'm screwing up, at worst she does less DPS than an AI on my bench.

I've been around the block in terms of compositions, from learning the fight on Dull Res Naveed, to having a Solo Auto team with three MUB Dull Res weapons (Karl Phoenix lead, Marth/Naveed DPS, Verica), to my current composition of Co-Op Marth on a MUB 5* Elemental with Sinoa (and sometimes Xania if first join has an empty bench) on Dragon Delay Res and Dragon Prep.

I actually clear faster with a dead Co-Op corpse or two than I do when that player quits early. When Co-Op converts to Solo, the Co-Op AI will cause me to lose Dragon Gauge, which occasionally means I can't Dragon in time to avoid a Dull during Overdrive. I can still clear, but it turns a 2:30+ run into a 2:00 run.

Just to give an idea of how much I've farmed Void Zephyr/Agni, I'm sitting on ~50 Void Seeds and ~3000 Void Leaf, with the entire stock of Bronze and Gold Fafnirs purchased. Zero Squishums, but that's not the main reason I'm farming.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
So I've been building Lily for HBH for quite a while now but didn't have Poseidon so I have always been underprepared HP-wise. I got Fjorm and was wondering if building her up might be a better use of resources.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
So I've been building Lily for HBH for quite a while now but didn't have Poseidon so I have always been underprepared HP-wise. I got Fjorm and was wondering if building her up might be a better use of resources.
I had been doing the same, even made Lily her 5.3 weapon, but couldn't quite make the hp and strength requirements without using all my sunstones to MUB Leviathan (and don't have Poseidon either). So I started working on Fjorm, got her V5.3 weapon up to 2UB (I had been grinding Agni, but not crafted anything since the start), and managed to clear HBH in a pub with the following build:

Fjorm Lv 80, 47/50MC (2 Co-Ability nodes open)
Lv 90 Void 5.3.2 Lance
MUB Lv 80 Vodyanoy
Lv 100 HBH print
Lv 80 Crystallian Envoy MUB

I have since brought her up to 50MC, but that was to help get into higher level pub groups. Still need to grind out Void Agni to get a few more materials to get the lance up to Lv 100. But that build was definitely viable. There are lots of Fjorms out there, and they seem to be preferred to Xanfried, though having a Lily in the group helps for her co-ability too, I think, judging from most of the final team compositions. Fjorm is really fun to play though, and I recommend her as a good, slightly more budget option.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I had been doing the same, even made Lily her 5.3 weapon, but couldn't quite make the hp and strength requirements without using all my sunstones to MUB Leviathan (and don't have Poseidon either). So I started working on Fjorm, got her V5.3 weapon up to 2UB (I had been grinding Agni, but not crafted anything since the start), and managed to clear HBH in a pub with the following build:

Fjorm Lv 80, 47/50MC (2 Co-Ability nodes open)
Lv 90 Void 5.3.2 Lance
MUB Lv 80 Vodyanoy
Lv 100 HBH print
Lv 80 Crystallian Envoy MUB

I have since brought her up to 50MC, but that was to help get into higher level pub groups. Still need to grind out Void Agni to get a few more materials to get the lance up to Lv 100. But that build was definitely viable. There are lots of Fjorms out there, and they seem to be preferred to Xanfried, though having a Lily in the group helps for her co-ability too, I think, judging from most of the final team compositions. Fjorm is really fun to play though, and I recommend her as a good, slightly more budget option.
Wow i could match that build exactly if I just make the lance, which I can do with a few more ruby orbs. Might finally get that HBH clear soon!

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I can confirm that Fjorm makes what is normally the hardest High Dragon Trial relatively trivial. She's just so perfectly built for the fight that she's pretty much a preferred pick over anyone else for that fight.

Why bring Xainfried when Fjorm exists?
Why bring Orsem when you could have a second Fjorm?
Why team with Lily when you could have a third of the GOOD ice princess?
EVEN THANIEL ISN'T SAFE

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
At this point I may just main a spear user for every element lol
Annelie, Fjorm and Mym are my fave characters at the moment

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing this stuff (and some other things about her) makes me kinda sad I missed Fjorm.

Water went from being my strongest element, with 2 5* in that element around Christmas when I otherwise had 1 or 0... to now just about my weakest aside from dark. I have no real inclination to fight HBH anytime soon, but she'd be very nice to have for it. It was very amusing to get Marth (...less amusing to get twice in 2 10s) as I only had any affection for him, but in the end it seems she and to some extent Veronica would have been much more useful for me, hmm. Woulda risked the Platinum but those 2 Marths scared me, haha.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really hate the new summon system. You work for ages to get enough wyrmite and it's like nine times out of ten you just get all duplicates with at least half being really shitty/useless 3* dragons. It's so incredibly anti-climactic now. The fact I haven't managed a 5* in 2 banners isn't helping..

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate the new summon system. You work for ages to get enough wyrmite and it's like 9/10 out of ten you just get all duplicates with at least half being really shitty/useless 3* dragons. It's so incredibly anti-climactic now..
But seeing a five star drop and it turned out to be a Wyrmprint was heartbreaking. I just accept that any 3* that I see summoned is another 150 Eldwater towards a Wyrmprint/co-ability.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
But seeing a five star drop and it turned out to be a Wyrmprint was heartbreaking. I just accept that any 3* that I see summoned is another 150 Eldwater towards a Wyrmprint/co-ability.
I agree to an extent but Wyrmprints were/are important so at least you usually got some use out of them even if it was way more disappointing than a dragon or character. Now I'm just getting all trash for the most part and it feels like a very pointless exercise. Certainly the appeal (really, the sole appeal for me) of these kinds of games is earning enough to pull the gacha machine due to the hope of something good coming out but now it's just hopelessness and frustration for me.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I feel like that's just the sign of owning most of the roster, which is inevitable after playing any gacha game long enough. You're gonna reach that point sooner or later.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I agree to an extent but Wyrmprints were/are important so at least you usually got some use out of them even if it was way more disappointing than a dragon or character. Now I'm just getting all trash for the most part and it feels like a very pointless exercise. Certainly the appeal (really, the sole appeal for me) of these kinds of games is earning enough to pull the gacha machine due to the hope of something good coming out but now it's just hopelessness and frustration for me.
But now if you get a rainbow and it's a duplicate adventurer, you can get eldwater and trade it in for the wyrmprint of you choice instead of hoping for a specific wyrmprint to fall, not to mention all of the extra eldwater we get from dragons/3+4* adventurers.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
That's sort of the drawback of playing a generous gacha game since launch, at least from an "excitement" perspective. 90%+ of all your draws are always going to be dupes.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh... I kinda have to agree with the feeling about summoning. Prints were annoying but are kinda more exciting than dupes? I think a decently lower chance of getting them and pity rate not resetting might have been fine in the end. Especially with the 2UB change (which dragons very much need now, I feel) making it easier to get a meaningful change out of dupes. But perhaps that would be better as a second banner vs having them in the main banners.

Cause it's true that the feeling comes mainly from having so much of what's available though, yes. Dupes make junk pulls feel worse but also even good ones can feel iffy. Like at Gala I did, what, 8 pulls and I think almost every one had a 5*, so I don't want to complain... but the vast majority were dupes, and that kinda sucked to see. It's hard to feel good about that luck when it takes the form of a ton of eldwater, which for me is just another number to arbitrarily let increase.

...I also kinda wish they'd add more 3*s more often, and figure out how to handle dragons better because they're kinda messy in terms of what you can use effectively right now.

regardless, that's why I'm just kinda not doing 10s for non-limited stuff for the time being; might cheat for dragon special but I don't desperately need what's gonna be rated up the most

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It always surprises me seeing people pull 100+ times for characters such as Laranoa, Sylas, Student Maribelle, etc. They're fine characters, don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather have them spook me when pulling on a limited/gala banner (like what happened when I was pulling for Mym, and I got both Laranoa and Sylas) rather than eldwater. It's why I can't see myself EVER pulling on anything that's not limited or gala-related, even if I really want the character (like if they released a standard gacha Mym). Even with their rates up on their showcase banners, it'll be even easier to get them later on if I really wanted them, through the Pick Tickets which Cygames have shown they're willing to do (our next will likely be at the one year anniversary mark).

All in for summer but only up to a point, as I want 300 pulls minimum ready-and-waiting for the anniversary.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh... I kinda have to agree with the feeling about summoning. Prints were annoying but are kinda more exciting than dupes? I think a decently lower chance of getting them and pity rate not resetting might have been fine in the end. Especially with the 2UB change (which dragons very much need now, I feel) making it easier to get a meaningful change out of dupes. But perhaps that would be better as a second banner vs having them in the main banners.

Cause it's true that the feeling comes mainly from having so much of what's available though, yes. Dupes make junk pulls feel worse but also even good ones can feel iffy. Like at Gala I did, what, 8 pulls and I think almost every one had a 5*, so I don't want to complain... but the vast majority were dupes, and that kinda sucked to see. It's hard to feel good about that luck when it takes the form of a ton of eldwater, which for me is just another number to arbitrarily let increase.

...I also kinda wish they'd add more 3*s more often, and figure out how to handle dragons better because they're kinda messy in terms of what you can use effectively right now.

regardless, that's why I'm just kinda not doing 10s for non-limited stuff for the time being; might cheat for dragon special but I don't desperately need what's gonna be rated up the most

its pretty much like this for all gacha games, just be thankful we're not limited to single pulls (hi single pull sparks in granblue). I"m the complete opposite with 3s, I much rather they add five stars in a much higher rate.

It always surprises me seeing people pull 100+ times for characters such as Laranoa, Sylas, Student Maribelle, etc. They're fine characters, don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather have them spook me when pulling on a limited/gala banner (like what happened when I was pulling for Mym, and I got both Laranoa and Sylas) rather than eldwater. It's why I can't see myself EVER pulling on anything that's not limited or gala-related, even if I really want the character (like if they released a standard gacha Mym). Even with their rates up on their showcase banners, it'll be even easier to get them later on if I really wanted them, through the Pick Tickets which Cygames have shown they're willing to do (our next will likely be at the one year anniversary mark).

All in for summer but only up to a point, as I want 300 pulls minimum ready-and-waiting for the anniversary.

To be honest, people aren't. Only non limited banner that really did solid after the first gala was Curran and Heinwald's (and while those designs were cool I think the bigger thing was that most people's weakest element was dark).

And next dream summon/suprise ticket has been datamined (was datamined at the same time as the dragon banner was at the beginning of the event; so it's probably going to be really soon.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, people aren't. Only non limited banner that really did solid after the first gala was Curran and Heinwald's (and while those designs were cool I think the bigger thing was that most people's weakest element was dark).

And next dream summon/suprise ticket has been datamined (was datamined at the same time as the dragon banner was at the beginning of the event; so it's probably going to be really soon.
Some people are (according to YouTube), but then that's probably just a small section of whales so I'm not sure it's fair to put too much weight into it. I had no idea that a new Dream Summon was datamined, that's incredible news! If the new Maribelle or Fire Dragon is in there, I'll be very tempted. If not, I'm not sure who I'd get as I've been pretty fortunate with my pulls. Maybe Cerberus, as I've still yet to pull her...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Some people are (according to YouTube), but then that's probably just a small section of whales so I'm not sure it's fair to put too much weight into it. I had no idea that a new Dream Summon was datamined, that's incredible news! If the new Maribelle or Fire Dragon is in there, I'll be very tempted. If not, I'm not sure who I'd get as I've been pretty fortunate with my pulls. Maybe Cerberus, as I've still yet to pull her...

SPOILER_Banner_Info_DreamSelect.png

Sakuya's def in.

As for rolls, I don't know the game's pretty generous so if people sacked, say Mym in under ten rolls why not go for maribelle especially if they are a kanahana fan or something.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
SPOILER_Banner_Info_DreamSelect.png

Sakuya's def in.

As for rolls, I don't know the game's pretty generous so if people sacked, say Mym in under ten rolls why not go for maribelle especially if they are a kanahana fan or something.
Oh man, definitely going to go for Sakuya if I can! If she's in though, so would Maribelle more than likely...

A difficult choice lies ahead. I'm a pretty big Kana Hanazawa fan myself...

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
But now if you get a rainbow and it's a duplicate adventurer, you can get eldwater and trade it in for the wyrmprint of you choice instead of hoping for a specific wyrmprint to fall, not to mention all of the extra eldwater we get from dragons/3+4* adventurers.
I don't think it needs to be and if/than. They can still allow us to buy wyrmprints with eldwater and to summon them.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that it was datamined but Dream being soon is kinda surprising. Thought there'd be longer before the next one.

...I'll probably get normal Maribelle. And then have to decide between her and Lin for my Mercury alt; I'd be tempted to do both, but I don't know if that's worth the investment. So... we'll see. I've actually been doing a decent amount of extra runs anyway since it usually is pretty quick to get a good group; think I'm already around 1/3 of the way to MUB + level 1 fafnir, which is nice to see.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I have had stupid luck with my daily discount pulls since this banner started.

Got Mikoto (finally) on my first pull. Then a day later I got Serena. A few days of dragon and dupe 3 stars. Then this morning I pull Student Maribelle. Not that I needed any more fire units but for 30 diamantium I'll take it.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
All this eldwater has made it so that I can get someone to 50 mana circles whenever I do a big summon session.

I'd get prints instead but I've got no freaking water

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've still got uhhhh 923 consecrated to spare.

But I've only bought stuff when I really needed it. No real need to buy more pronts unless I actively need to use them, so I think it's mostly been some TSO dupes + I think some King's Countenance dupes + event/limited stuff. Plus I've had some luck with drops; I definitely expect to have a MUB Heavenly Holiday by the time of High Zodiark since I've already gotten a couple and had 2 to start with, and I'm similarly hoping that I won't need to buy stuff like Levin's/RR as I've gotten some from drops. Might have to spring for something for High Mercury, but depending on which prints I go with and what I farm for soon, even there I might be sorta supported by drops...

meanwhile, I splurged and finally made Sword Squad's weapons last night after talking about it forever...

(prints are all shared and not dupes and kinda arbitrary, the original sword is the same one and the fire 5.3 is the same one, I just enhanced to fire + used 2 ingots + dismantled + crafted the 3 swords)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If there's a Wyrmprint I want/need, I generally buy the first two discounted copies and try to farm/key the rest if they're not limited.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah, that's the other thing; I haven't really used keys yet so I'm trying not to buy too many of one, unless it's the event prints where I might want them on everyone. And... even then, thinking about it, I could always key for the first UB on one and just have 2 dupes. I only bought 3 Heralds with the keys in mind, at least. Probably shoulda bought only a couple TSOs and keyed the rest too, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.