• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone here is showing some great restraint in regards to the Wyrmprint Shop. As opposed to myself; who went on a buying spree grabbing 2UB or MUB of all the Wyrmprints from that Wyrmprint Recommendation cheat sheet.

Trying to upgrade my Wyrmprints to lvl 100 using those daily 3x Consecrated Waters from the shop is like filling a swimming pool using a Dixie cup.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I spent a bunch of eldwater promoting Mym to 50 this afternoon despite already having Marth at 50 as well. She's my favorite, and I love her, so I'll gladly pay the cost.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally crafted my first 5t3s tonight- an axe for Yue, and a dagger for Francesca. Really puts into perspective how many dang rupies this stuff costs.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
First I wanted to use half my honey on fire and the other half on water. But since I can't reliably auto water I think I may just use ashes on that and burn through my honey today. May finally 30 my bow dojos then. :D

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Everyone here is showing some great restraint in regards to the Wyrmprint Shop. As opposed to myself; who went on a buying spree grabbing 2UB or MUB of all the Wyrmprints from that Wyrmprint Recommendation cheat sheet.

Trying to upgrade my Wyrmprints to lvl 100 using those daily 3x Consecrated Waters from the shop is like filling a swimming pool using a Dixie cup.

I don't show restraint here - if I see a Wyrmprint that I can make reasonable use out of, I'm willing to go broke on Eldwater to MUB it on the spot. I got Study Rabbits MUB yesterday, not because I have some HDT plans with it, but because Cibella has been one of my core units for a long time. This is the first +HP Wyrmprint we've gotten, and +8% HP means 8% larger HP Shields for myself and anyone who uses my Cibella helper. Once I manage to get it leveled, I should be generating near 1000 HP worth of Shield from her, but I'm always short on waters.

Likewise, if I'm not spending Wyrmite on refills (which I do often enough, I hit Lv150 recently), I don't save it for 10-pulls or specific banners unless an event just started that can get me a 10-pull on the same day. By spending small amounts regularly on the 7-day Resource Pack, I have Daily Deals to make up for my inefficiency on specific banners, and its a game at the end of the day. I played F/GO the same way until I dropped it for DL.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
How many wrymsmiths y'all got?

I feel like I might have neglected my castle too much while only focusing on characters and mana circles.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I don't show restraint here - if I see a Wyrmprint that I can make reasonable use out of, I'm willing to go broke on Eldwater to MUB it on the spot.
Yup, that's how I've been approaching Wyrmprints.

If I can find a use for a Wyrmprint; I'll grab a 2UB/MUB copy since I'll likely continue to find uses for it down the line.

On the flip side; I've only used Eldwater to 50MC one adventurer, Xainfried. I ended up pulling Fjorm weeks later and was hit with instant regret.

How many wrymsmiths y'all got?

I feel like I might have neglected my castle too much while only focusing on characters and mana circles.
I bought the max amount of Wyrmsmiths. I'm around Halidom lvl 816 and all 5 have been working non-stop since I returned to the game a few months back.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I maxed out builders about a month after launch.

Useful then, but most days I have 0-2 of the 5 busy. I'm currently in the Silver/Gold Coin drought, with around half of my Dojos at max level and the other half at Lv20-29. I'm not active in most of the High Dragon Trials either.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the replies. Didn't know wrymsmiths topped out at 5 and since I'm at 782 right now I might as well chug along with 3.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Should I keep rerolling for Albert? So far my luck has been poor and I've only gotten 1x 5* dragon.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I never rerolled, and ended up buying a dream ticket to finally get Lily. At the time the first free adventurer was a 4* though. Now it should be much easier to get the desired character eventually, but I hope for you the pool is not limited like the 5* ticket one (which does not have several recent units including Albert). Good luck otherwise.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Should I keep rerolling for Albert? So far my luck has been poor and I've only gotten 1x 5* dragon.
Honestly this really isnt a game where you need to re-roll.
Just play the game you will get more useful and interesting characters down the line through events and freebies rather fast.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019

If you're rerolling for gameplay reasons, Xander is easier to get (part of the guaranteed 5* pool) and does roughly the same job Albert does. What Xander gives up in wide area effect coverage, he gains in superior snowballing over time with kills. Both are Force Strike+50% Sword monsters designed for crowd control.

Besides, Albert benefits greatly from a Limited Wyrmprint (Chocolatiers) and loses a lot of his general potential without it. My Xander sees frequent use, but my Albert rides the bench in favor of Odetta when I need a Light Sword.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I can imagine Euden going "CHUG CHUG CHUG" at Xander, who just keeps stuffing honey on his face

10006_en.png

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure about farming IO this time. Thinking like just 500 stamina to each?

I'm looking at my spreadsheet for this and it's just so entirely limited by silver coins that even if I farm a lot again, I'm gonna be immediately unable to use most of it anyway... I already have a lot of insignias that I can't use so pushing things further doesn't help as much as it could. The only dojo I have that isn't 24+ is blades, and that's just needing the silver coins to go 23->24 on each.

These are bad elements too; the ingot dismantling for those 5.3 swords I made got me +400 royals for fire, and water's what I got all of from FE's store. Really wish it was at least wind instead of water, since that covers both wand and axe and therefore both potential Mercury alts for me, so I'll be farming that for a good while.

I'll see how I feel after the first 500 tonight, I guess...

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've gone all in on Lucretia.
I really hope she's good for High Zodiark.
Don't really have a fallback for Light.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Looking at the Dragon Showcase rates, I think Gala is now superior if you want any given 5* dragon, since there is officially a higher 5* dragon rate during Gala compared to Dragon showcase with Wyrmprints removed. That being said, Dragon showcase has an edge if you want any of the 4* focus dragons this time around, which are the Wind, Light, and Water Strength dragons, as well as if you would be fine with any of the 3 5* focus dragons. So a new player that lacks a Strength dragon in the given 4* elements could probably gain quite a bit pulling on it for at least one copy, otherwise Gala is the way to go.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017

Dunno, I spent the 100k eldwater from the fire emblem event to get a few max cards

I am mostly covered on that front now, so I now go with drops and keys, and occasionally buying to max out a 4* cars when I notice I lack a resist, but normally I have a 2ub there.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I have High Midgar's attack patterns and stuff down now, the only issue is my team the vast majority of the time.
Still way too scared to try the other high dragons, but it's taken me from release to now to actually try HMS so I'm sure I'll get there.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with the honey I want to spend and I should end the day with more than 700 gold coins stocked. That should be more than enough to max out my Bow Dojos leaving only daggers to finish, which are at 20/20.

I've got all the insignias I'll need, it'll just be about that last coin grind. I don't have any dagger characters with particularly heavy investment so I'll be taking my time with that.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I only spent ~1.7k stamina in honey out of the 9k I had. It's just hard to care when silver (and inevitably gold, soon) coins are in the way, and it'd also make more sense to go harder on wind IO instead if they're gonna do these events regularly enough. Like even now I can barely do some of what I have the insignias for...

I have enough insignias for 24/24->26/26 bows, 26/26->30/30 swords, and 24/24 blades and lances to 26/26 for one and 27/27 for the other. Currently everything is 24/24 at lowest. I'd be a bit further ahead but I've been doing much more extra Mercury runs lately so... that's where my wings are at I guess.

EDIT:

yeah I have like 18.5% of the argenteus I need to use these insignias, lol

Last edited:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I'm at a position with about half maxed Dojos and half at ~Lv25, and didn't see the need to cram double drop Imperials. I don't want to lose value on daily Imperial chests, and I'm long past the point where Insignias are a choke-point on weapon production. Unless we start getting Twinkling Sand/Grain at a rate that lets me make more than 1-2 unbinds on a 5* Elemental per month, I don't see that changing.

Then again, as a Wyrmite refiller, I didn't have stockpiled consumables anyway.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
My flame team is just under 21k and it took so many attempts to clear the nightmare raid just once. The daily goodies are fine for those who can consistently clear the raid with capable teammates, but for me it was a one-and-done; not worth the time and effort to try over and over again every day.

This game already swallows up more of my time than I'm comfortable with. lol

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My flame team is just under 21k and it took so many attempts to clear the nightmare raid just once. The daily goodies are fine for those who can consistently clear the raid with capable teammates, but for me it was a one-and-done; not worth the time and effort to try over and over again every day.

This game already swallows up more of my time than I'm comfortable with. lol

I'm genuinely surprised you're having trouble with that much might? That's a little higher than me, even, and I've had absolutely no trouble getting clears beyond trying to get my 17-18k friend one yesterday (which took ~45 minutes but eventually happened).

What's your team (and their strength) look like, if you don't mind me asking?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm genuinely surprised you're having trouble with that much might? That's a little higher than me, even, and I've had absolutely no trouble getting clears beyond trying to get my 17-18k friend one yesterday (which took ~45 minutes but eventually happened).

What's your team (and their strength) look like, if you don't mind me asking?

I do mind, thankyouverymuch.

Nah, I was using Renelle/Marth/Naveed/Ezelith (no Phoenix) at 8,300ish strength, and overall might at 20,800ish. Total combined team might was usually 80-85k. I didn't keep track of how many attempts it took me to finally clear, but I know it had to be dozens. And before you point it out, yes, I know only one of those adventurers has stun resistance and so I was probably part of the problem. lol

This was in the first few days of the raid though, so I'm sure players have learned the fight better by now and clears should be easier to get. I might try again a few more times on the last day just for the heck of it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I do mind, thankyouverymuch.

Nah, I was using Renelle/Marth/Naveed/Ezelith (no Phoenix) at 8,300ish strength, and overall might at 20,800ish. Total combined team might was usually 80-85k. I didn't keep track of how many attempts it took me to finally clear, but I know it had to be dozens. And before you point it out, yes, I know only one of those adventurers has stun resistance and so I was probably part of the problem. lol

This was in the first few days of the raid though, so I'm sure players have learned the fight better by now and clears should be easier to get. I might try again a few more times on the last day just for the heck of it.

Ok, yeah, I'm gonna have to guess that stun's just really hurting your team's output there. Of course, personally... I do have Sinoa in my team. But she has a 5.3 so it would be a waste to lose that, it's not like her buff's stop working when she's stunned, and I usually have Verica around too and she'll clear the stun, so that's my excuse!

Xuan's actually very helpful for this fight if you're willing to put resources into her, not just because of the usual bane but because she actually has debuffs that will help everyone in the fight. Similarly if you have Vanessa and won't lose too much strength, her defense debuff will also help. I usually just use Marth/Mym/Sinoa/Verica (Verica's using 1UB Cerberus so even she's got decent strength), but when helping that friend I eventually resorted to taking Xuan to 40 mana (from 30), swapping her in for Mym, and Vanessa in for Verica. That seemed to help out somewhat.

people seem to have gotten the fight down decently, at least, so there's less chance you'll have to deal with orbs going off + little ones staying alive; might wanna use might restrictions and check other players to be safe, though

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Less than a day left for the event and still no banner preview. Since we have the dragon summon now, I wonder if we'll get some filler adventurer banner or something.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Ok, yeah, I'm gonna have to guess that stun's just really hurting your team's output there. Of course, personally... I do have Sinoa in my team. But she has a 5.3 so it would be a waste to lose that, it's not like her buff's stop working when she's stunned, and I usually have Verica around too and she'll clear the stun, so that's my excuse!

Xuan's actually very helpful for this fight if you're willing to put resources into her, not just because of the usual bane but because she actually has debuffs that will help everyone in the fight. Similarly if you have Vanessa and won't lose too much strength, her defense debuff will also help. I usually just use Marth/Mym/Sinoa/Verica (Verica's using 1UB Cerberus so even she's got decent strength), but when helping that friend I eventually resorted to taking Xuan to 40 mana (from 30), swapping her in for Mym, and Vanessa in for Verica. That seemed to help out somewhat.

people seem to have gotten the fight down decently, at least, so there's less chance you'll have to deal with orbs going off + little ones staying alive; might wanna use might restrictions and check other players to be safe, though

I have all the characters you mentioned except for Mym, so I have no excuses. It's just a psychological hurdle to swap out a 5-star for a 4-star. lol

Good point on Verica's heal removing stun; as a Renelle main in High Mid I always prefer her to Hilde, heh. But if I put her in my team it would probably drop me below 8k strength...

And I probably should've just went with Xuan from the start and got her to 40 mana nodes, but this late into the event it's not worth it. Should've consulted with you guys first. lol

Thanks a bunch for the tips. :)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
While it's probably possible for me to clear Nightmare raid on my F2P no pulls alt, I've decided not to since I haven't really done my proper due diligence in decking out my team for it. While my Euden and Botan are completely maxed, Melsa and Xuan Zang are just 4* 40 MC with 5.2 weapons. While this is fine for most folks building teams, I unfortunately can only give them MUB Brunhilda's, so I'd at the very least want to give them 5.3.0 weapons to compensate for how much less on-element strength I provide than the average veteran player. My biggest bottleneck is the fact that the majority of the welfare cast share weapon crafting mats (Melsa, Botan, Su Fang, Elias, and Xuan Zang, as well as Luca, Alex, and Elisanne from the main cast), so I need to grind that out a lot more.

I've also realized across my time with DL and other gachas that I really dislike getting carried, so I don't really want to be the lowest DPS contributor on any given pub group. I'm just gonna sit out of Nightmare until I can make proper teams for pubs. Carrying newbies through Expert and EX is a decent time though. Most of the Nightmare rewards are pretty inapplicable for me anyway, since I don't need more dragon fruit (all my dragons are max level, and I was able to instantly max Yulong with hundred of fruits to spare), dragon ore is pretty useless, and I still have over 30 Twinkling Sands, so most of the loot can end up not really helping out anyway. I'm probably gonna just go for the 1K/1K/3K emblems on my alt, still debating on whether or not I just elect for 3K gold emblems on my main.

On an unrelated note, I really hope the next chapter gives a freebie like Alex but freeze-resist. The main reason my Water IO team can't consistently auto is because whoever is P1 still ends up getting frozen most of the time, not helped by the fact that we still only have 2 25% Feeeze-resist Wyrmprints, one of which is a 5*.

Last edited:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Don't run a healer, do run as many stacks of Defense Down on your AI as you can, possibly giving them Skill Prep Wyrmprints and Void Weapons as well. Remember to run MUB Dragon Arcanum 2* or better on your AI, and possibly yourself as well if you have no standout Fire DPS character.

Doing this should let even a lower Might player get consistent clears provided they can find a room, which is admittedly the tough part. I do host 16k Might rooms for my daily clear (I'm 21.6k with my "correct" team, but capable of bloating a lot higher), but I'm not interested in farming beyond that - I'm stockpiling Void Seeds for a rainy day.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Less than a day left for the event and still no banner preview. Since we have the dragon summon now, I wonder if we'll get some filler adventurer banner or something.

The event and Ambitions in Bloom are both still running through tomorrow. So we'll probably get something about the next banner tomorrow.

Just not sure if we're going right into Void update + Mercurial Gauntlet with a new banner, or if there will be padding before then like you're guessing.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
The event and Ambitions in Bloom are both still running through tomorrow. So we'll probably get something about the next banner tomorrow.

Just not sure if we're going right into Void update + Mercurial Gauntlet with a new banner, or if there will be padding before then like you're guessing.
i think we will go eventless for a week, let people focus on void update

The dragon banner will suffice until then. Then new event the 16 or 17,along with a banner, that will run along dragon one.

Maybe a small banner starts once ambitions ends, focused only on Wu Kong, just like we had the sylas one after the easter event.

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that there's 3 hours of maintenance before reset tonight. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that's to add Void Poseidon + the new gauntlet mode and we jump straight into that after the event.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that there's 3 hours of maintenance before reset tonight. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that's to add Void Poseidon + the new gauntlet mode and we jump straight into that after the event.

Is it before reset? Announcement seems to say the time is in PT, so that'd be starting at reset? I think?

But yeah, that's true. Both were said to be mid-June so I don't think they'd wait till the end of the dragon banner anyway.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Wow, I don't know why I thought the event ended tomorrow and not the day after. This one seems to be dragging on for a while, but it probably doesn't help that I've been finished with emblem grinding since long ago. I'm excited to see what the Mercurial Gauntlet is though!

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I don't know why I thought the event ended tomorrow and not the day after. This one seems to be dragging on for a while, but it probably doesn't help that I've been finished with emblem grinding since long ago. I'm excited to see what the Mercurial Gauntlet is though!

they always put the end date as the date where the day ends, aka midnight 23:00 PST, but at least on my timezone it says 2:00 AM next day

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I legit only remembered maintenance because of a reddit post and quickly ran through my dailies. Gonna go all-in on event grinding tomorrow now that I finally finished my NY project today. I have a week to just relax and gacha before flying to Japan.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I guess it was localized within the announcement, shit

I was traveling all day, and after a failed Mercury attempt didn't play more while waiting for my delayed flight, since I expected to be home like 3 hours earlier than I was, then wasn't thinking about it till I got a full wings notification just now and went to try Mercury, and saw the maintenance screen

thankfully I did drain everything right before I left this afternoon, and maaaaaaaybe was smart enough to use more stamina when I did that Mercury attempt at the airport... but I'm still losing a few hours of wings if not also stamina and I don't think I even finished my dailies either, this sucks

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
They really need to make the maintenance notice prominent the day it occurs. Not in the notifications, but on the home screen itself. Make it a flashing banner or an icon or something, I don't care. Or make it so the maintenance period doesn't end right up until the daily reset.

I always forget when it's scheduled. Always. And I'm a huge procrastinator. Bad combination. It sucks because I usually clear out the daily endeavors long before the reset but thanks to E3 of course this was the one day I put it off until later. Now I'll be missing out on those sweet daily raid endeavors. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.