• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think a maintenance banner countdown icon on the top right near where the double drop event info icon is would be ideal, slowly ticking down until maintenance. I definitely missed my dailies on my alt last maintenance since they're so infrequent.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Saw someone mention on Reddit the idea that Void Poseidon will have an ability the inverse of Void Agni, where he is surrounded by a whirlpool and you are only safe inside it which I think would be neat

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finished grinding out 1K/1K/3K emblems on both my main and alt accounts. The expert solo-able boss gives roughly the same amount of emblems as the beginner boss, so I just auto'd that for 1K bronze emblems, both accounts were near 3K Gold emblems already so it was mostly just quick queuing standard raids.

Man grinding fodder for 6* is...not fun lol

I feel like you're talking about E7? I agree with the sentiment, but wrong thread if that's the case xD

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I couldn't give a crap about bride Mym.

The REAL news is that today is when Renelle FINALLY makes her appearance in Dragalia Life. I've waited so long, guys. Only took 113 comics to get there. lol

I'm just super annoyed that they made her share the spotlight with Orsem when he's already got his own comic to himself. I mean, come on.

Give best girl woman the respect she deserves!

LKAjP9Y_d.jpg

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I did panic when I opened the game and the Bridal Belles thing popped up I was like "a limited banner again oh god"

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Void for the next few days as the current event. Content has been flowing slow lately, hoping Guantlet redeems itself when it releases.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Void for the next few days as the current event. Content has been flowing slow lately, hoping Guantlet redeems itself when it releases.
I was hoping for a bit more information regarding the gauntlet since its releasing soon.
Ah well, void endeavours are at least a good way to get wymrite and stock up void leaves for the next reset.
(Also beating void Poseidon to hunt down a squishum)

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I reckon that the Guantlet will come after this void event ends. Mid-June is around the corner and cant see an event overlapping over it.

Void Poseidon is really easy, easiest of the trinity void element bosses. Had some unique moves, favorite was the bubbles lined up in the middle and splitting. That gives me hope that we'll get a bullet hell boss someday without being locked to an mini-game.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I expected more from the Void Poseidon fight. About as deflating as pulling Poseidon himself.

Looks like there's a bridal banner incoming which... has gotta be my least favourite type of seasonal event. Easy skip.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I know Void Poseidon is pretty easy but the lack of people queuing as Lowen sucks, its doable without a healer but it's so much more stressful lol
also so many people get hit by the trident attack at the beginning haha

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I crafted the sword for Gala Ranzal to fight Void Poseidon, but I am mostly being paired with ranged characters. Is that looking like the better decision overall? I have Maribelle too, just didn't have her at 50MC like Ranzal. Not many healers either it seems...

Did I screw this up again? Last time I crafted the axe for Karina, and was surprised to learn it isn't the right resistance for a melee character, and you can't hack it (pun intended) without scorching air resistance. I hope I haven't done it again, and without enough coins to make up for the error this time. At least I didn't use any steel ingots on the weapon yet...

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I crafted the sword for Gala Ranzal to fight Void Poseidon, but I am mostly being paired with ranged characters. Is that looking like the better decision overall? I have Maribelle too, just didn't have her at 50MC like Ranzal. Not many healers either it seems...

Did I screw this up again? Last time I crafted the axe for Karina, and was surprised to learn it isn't the right resistance for a melee character, and you can't hack it (pun intended) without scorching air resistance. I hope I haven't done it again, and without enough coins to make up for the error this time. At least I didn't use any steel ingots on the weapon yet...

Blasting from range seems like the way to go. Especially since you can use Maribelle, unlike Void Agni there's a wand with skill penetrator. If it wasn't for that you'd see a lot more Lilys in Void Agni.

The melee weapons are a waste of resources. You can just use your best weapons instead if you play melee. The whirlpool only draws you to Void Poseidon which is kind of good actually.

Last edited:

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
When I farmed Void Poseidon earlier, there were a lot of Lowen players, like between 2 or 3 (myself included) in most rooms I got in.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
When I farmed Void Poseidon earlier, there were a lot of Lowen players, like between 2 or 3 (myself included) in most rooms I got in.
The first 10 or so matches I did there was maybe 1 or 2 Lowens the whole time, only one of the Lowen-less matches was actually successful but it was close.

I invested in my Lowen, promoted him did his mana circles up to 40, equipped him with a maxed out Garuda and every attempt since has been a success.

Gala Ranzal is a cool unit but I haven't found any content where he really shines yet other than IO for his resistance, shame

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Ok yet another Void fight where you need ranged unit. Fuck them, more reasons to hate void fights, stupid Poseidon. I have so many units to level up and 0 Eldwater thus its kinda pointless at this point without knowing next event element to start spend resources to something that could possible be spend to other unit.

Void Agni will be the only one of those harder Void Battles Ive done. Since my best unit is Laranoa and she is very good unit with Sigurd (3 times lbed).

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok yet another Void fight where you need ranged unit

Nah. If anything melee is easier since you can just ignore the whirlpool entirely instead of occasionally needing to reposition yourself as a ranged unit.

Addis remains the king of wind. You don't even need his void weapon. Gala Ranzal is presumably similarly effective.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Addis, Gala Ranzal, Lin You and Melody are all great for this fight as long as there is a healer in the group

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
* Void Poseidon is the easiest "Void Boss" yet. You don't need specific units at all, just a reasonable weapon. Even a classic 4* Elemental will do. Bleed is once again immune to the Skill Res mechanic, so expect to see Addis HMC builds everywhere, and Maribelle from those willing to craft the Skill Res Pen weapon. Healers have never been required for non-Auto Void, and that trend continues. The timer is lenient enough that you can run healers and be fine, but get used to the idea of not getting hit too much. Waterfall should not be happening if you are using force strikes, and even if it does, you can go hide in a bubble. Freeze is not a relevant mechanic even in Auto (Sleep is relevant in Zephyr Auto, and Stun is relevant in Agni Auto, so this breaks the trend.)

* Naturally, this means a high percentage of open rooms are Might gating anywhere from 5000+ to 6300+ while refusing to leave the matchmaking pool, using "Up For Anything" instead of other options. For the sake of saving ~20-60 seconds on a clear, they're trying to gate all of the newer players out of new content by sucking in other stronger players into their rooms, instead of using non-matchmaking lobbies to meet their requests. I'm replying in kind by squatting in some of these rooms and by hosting no-requirement open rooms, but I'd rather just see "Up For Anything" get removed from matchmaking instead of playing the character swap game.

* You can get the 60 second clear with non-Void 5* Elementals, but you'll want at least MUB Roc on everyone to do it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Since Void Poseidon seems to barely inflict freeze I'm just using a Crit focused Lin You build with Stellar Show and Levin's Champion.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to use it to get more used to Lin, but the pool can be a little annoying when I need to get to a bubble. So instead, I'm using Sylas more for his range.

Not that I need to do too many runs anyway. Thinking it's probably not worth farming the axe from him vs just getting a normal 5.3 for Lin (or if Dream Summon does happen, Maribelle) for Mercury.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
We really could use a building that produces Water the same way the Tree produces Dragon Fruit.

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
Melody is crazy good for poseidon, skill res doesn't matter when you're just spamming a strength buff so you can just use 5t3 and go to town. I've been helping lots of pubs get their 60s titles with her this morning

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I had not noticed the new green slime in the void store

that should help if you are having trouble with void poseidon

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Maribelle is making Void Poseidon runs really easy. I've only failed my first blind run and a PUB run that was a comedy of errors (No one with Void Weapons/No one was Force Striking/One Player was Marth).

Any word yet if Void Poseidon Void Seed drops are comparable to Agni/Zephyr? This might up being my go-to Void Seed farming quest.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
I just started playing this. Enjoying it so far and I'm not at all a fan of gacha games so that's promising.

Question about summons given that I'm receiving a free ticket everyday right now. Should I be saving my summon tickets for certain times of the year or certain events?

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
That's good to hear. Void Poseidon should make my grind for MUB Gold Fafnirs less painful.
Don't sleep on the double drops from Violet Ghost and Frost Hermit either! I fought them a few times each today to burn stamina and work on the endeavours, and got a seed drop, which doubled, of course. If you are looking to farm seeds and can auto battle, that might be the faster way.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep on the double drops from Violet Ghost and Frost Hermit either! I fought them a few times each today to burn stamina and work on the endeavours, and got a seed drop, which doubled, of course. If you are looking to farm seeds and can auto battle, that might be the faster way.
I've been autoing Violet Ghost for the endeavors but have yet to have a Void Seed drop. I just seem to have the worst luck when it comes to drops.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
My experience with Poseidon: I happily prepared Johanna, promoted to 4*, gave her a 2UB Nightstalker for the 25% freeze res and crafted the Void axe for her. She seemed good enough but didn't have the chance to complete a run because at around 4.5 might if someone dies, the run is pretty much ruined due to lack of dps, and the Lowen player wasn't up to the task. So as I continued searching rooms I noticed the total lack of Lowen players. It seemed I was just lucky that first time.
So I gave up (for now at least) and "prepared" my Lowen, simply bringing him to 40 mc. I did like 6 runs as host, with other 4k players, without much hassle, I even successfully did it with a Fjorm player in the room. Poseidon is definitely the easiest Void Dragon, but I find it a fun diversion anyway.
Also I like healers in general but never played as Lowen, I'm happy to see he's very good.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, nothing like new content to make people forget basic gameplay. I don't think I've had a co-op run yet where everybody survived.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
My experience with Poseidon: I happily prepared Johanna, promoted to 4*, gave her a 2UB Nightstalker for the 25% freeze res and crafted the Void axe for her. She seemed good enough but didn't have the chance to complete a run because at around 4.5 might if someone dies, the run is pretty much ruined due to lack of dps, and the Lowen player wasn't up to the task. So as I continued searching rooms I noticed the total lack of Lowen players. It seemed I was just lucky that first time.
So I gave up (for now at least) and "prepared" my Lowen, simply bringing him to 40 mc. I did like 6 runs as host, with other 4k players, without much hassle, I even successfully did it with a Fjorm player in the room. Poseidon is definitely the easiest Void Dragon, but I find it a fun diversion anyway.
Also I like healers in general but never played as Lowen, I'm happy to see he's very good.

It sounds like you're just having bad "luck" finding proper rooms. Once the initial excitement dies down and 5k+ Might rooms stop getting spammed in matchmaking, you should have an easier time getting clears, Lowen or otherwise.

One of my first runs consisted of myself and three sub-4k characters in Co-Op. They all died a little after first break, but I went ahead and finished the fight solo. This isn't a terribly hard fight to win with 1-2 characters on decent investment. I've since set up an AI Maribelle with the Void Skill Pen weapon, and plan on forcibly winning Co-Op going forward the same way I do with Marth+Sinoa on Zephyr, or Xander+[one of Cleo/Ricardt/Aeleen] on Agni.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I just started playing this. Enjoying it so far and I'm not at all a fan of gacha games so that's promising.

Question about summons given that I'm receiving a free ticket everyday right now. Should I be saving my summon tickets for certain times of the year or certain events?
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the game.

The best things to save your wymrite and summon tickets for are showcases with limited time units that dont show up in the normal summoning pool, such as:
  • Gala Banners. Gala Dragalia happens every 2 months. We just had one at the end of May so the next one will be towards of the end of July. During the Gala the rate of getting 5* summons is increased from 4% to 6% and a new "Gala" character is available and boosted for the duration. All of the Gala units only show up during the Gala Dragalia but aren't boosted outside of their introductory showcase. So far we have had Gala Sarisse, Gala Ranzal and Gala Mym. these are the best times to summon if you just want 5* units in general
  • limited time seasonal banners (so far we have had Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines Day banner, with an expected Summer banner coming up)
  • "Zodiac" limited banners, with a new one at the new year. we have had one so far for the Year of The Boar with Ieyasu who is widely regarded as one of the strongest units and a limited time Dragon Marishiten who is pretty much the best Shadow Dragon. The banner was rerun recently, I'd imagine if it gets rerun it will be in September. Next year is the Year of the Rat.
  • Collab events. We have only had one so far for Fire Emblem Heroes, but this had 3 limited time 5* units on it which is more than usual.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear. Void Poseidon should make my grind for MUB Gold Fafnirs less painful.

If you're farming Void fights purely for seeds for Gold Fafnirs (which is to say, if you don't also need the materials), I think the math worked out that it's better to literally just go do Fortune with that energy instead?

I'm just getting more every time I have enough extra seeds, though admittedly that might not be often given that I'm not sure it's worth farming for another void weapon vs just making 5.3s with how my resources are currently. So I'm pretty much just only doing the monthly endeavors currently. I've got 1 MUB and 3 0UB at this point; I can prooooobably get another to MUB within a month or so if I get a few drops.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
If you're farming Void fights purely for seeds for Gold Fafnirs (which is to say, if you don't also need the materials), I think the math worked out that it's better to literally just go do Fortune with that energy instead?

I'm just getting more every time I have enough extra seeds, though admittedly that might not be often given that I'm not sure it's worth farming for another void weapon vs just making 5.3s with how my resources are currently. So I'm pretty much just only doing the monthly endeavors currently. I've got 1 MUB and 3 0UB at this point; I can prooooobably get another to MUB within a month or so if I get a few drops.
Oof, I'll keep that math in mind. It took a while to get just my 4x 0UB Gold Fafnirs.

For now, I'm just farming Void Leaves until I clear out the monthly Void Shop items and hoping Void Seeds drop along the way.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the game.

The best things to save your wymrite and summon tickets for are showcases with limited time units that dont show up in the normal summoning pool, such as:
  • Gala Banners. Gala Dragalia happens every 2 months. We just had one at the end of May so the next one will be towards of the end of July. During the Gala the rate of getting 5* summons is increased from 4% to 6% and a new "Gala" character is available and boosted for the duration. All of the Gala units only show up during the Gala Dragalia but aren't boosted outside of their introductory showcase. So far we have had Gala Sarisse, Gala Ranzal and Gala Mym. these are the best times to summon if you just want 5* units in general
  • limited time seasonal banners (so far we have had Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines Day banner, with an expected Summer banner coming up)
  • "Zodiac" limited banners, with a new one at the new year. we have had one so far for the Year of The Boar with Ieyasu who is widely regarded as one of the strongest units and a limited time Dragon Marishiten who is pretty much the best Shadow Dragon. The banner was rerun recently, I'd imagine if it gets rerun it will be in September. Next year is the Year of the Rat.
  • Collab events. We have only had one so far for Fire Emblem Heroes, but this had 3 limited time 5* units on it which is more than usual.

Awesome, thanks for all of this wonderful info!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely hope we don't get wedding stuff.

The inevitable swimsuits are going to be bad enough as is, but at least that's just the usual "want to see a woman dressed less". Dressing them up in wedding dresses inexplicably is just like... an even weirder kind of gross fan pandering? I know we'll probably get a guy too like we had with V. Orion, but it's not the same.

it's cruel to them too; do you really want to be running IO forever on your wedding day?

Status
Not open for further replies.