• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I sincerely hope we don't get wedding stuff.

The inevitable swimsuits are going to be bad enough as is, but at least that's just the usual "want to see a woman dressed less". Dressing them up in wedding dresses inexplicably is just like... an even weirder kind of gross fan pandering? I know we'll probably get a guy too like we had with V. Orion, but it's not the same.

it's cruel to them too; do you really want to be running IO forever on your wedding day?
I'm with you there. Those FEH units in wedding dresses creep me out so damn much.

Make them wear Gala dresses and tuxedos or something. Wedding stuff is just weird.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
june brides are a common thing in gacha games tbh.

Also, I'm going to be real in that Dragalia's nonlimited banners haven't done well at all except since gala started (with the exception of heimwald/curran).

I will say though, even though if the gacha is bride related, i hope we don't have an event that deal with brides. There's too many party/seasonal events in dragalia as is.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with a potential wedding banner is that I'd sure like a Wu Kong banner sooner rather than later!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Granblue ever did brides, so it would be weird if Dragalia hopped on that bus. I'd also prefer something more interesting than brides.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit, a potential bride banner wasn't on my radar as I was focused on summer and the anniversary. I would have been fine without one.

Then I saw Bride Mym.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit, a potential bride banner wasn't on my radar as I was focused on summer and the anniversary. I would have been fine without one.

Then I saw Bride Mym.

There is a 0% chance anything around Bride Mym could be better than the wedding in the first episode of Mym's adventurer story, so just read that and think about that art and you'll be set.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still wondering if that rival character from Lin You's side story will ever come up again. Maybe even on a banner.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There is a 0% chance anything around Bride Mym could be better than the wedding in the first episode of Mym's adventurer story, so just read that and think about that art and you'll be set.
Yeah, that was great. Easily my favorite story so far, and it actually had a pretty heart-warming ending. You can tell the writers had a lot of fun with that one.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm in total agreement with the "bride banner would be icky" crowd. I know the Japanese players break open their wallets for that stuff, but if that was their primary concern, they never would have made all the player-centric gacha changes they have over the last few months.

I'm not convinced this is leading up to a bridal banner (especially with Mym, considering she JUST got released as a gala character), and I'm hoping this is just a way to celebrate June (in Japan), throw out some official art, and give away summon vouchers. In fact, giving more single vouchers away has been a trend recently, ever since they were added to raid daily rewards.

In all honestly, I'm half in doubt the summer banner will be anything close to what people are expecting. I think nintendo is trying to keep the game clean of too much fan pandering, as they might have plans to expand the franchise in the future. One can only hope, anyway. The quality is there, and so is the potential.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Whineing worked, cleared Void Poseidon on second try. Less mistakes and more careful maneuvering with same char (GRanzal). Had a coop team of 4x ~4.9k power, all suvived.

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm in total agreement with the "bride banner would be icky" crowd. I know the Japanese players break open their wallets for that stuff, but if that was their primary concern, they never would have made all the player-centric gacha changes they have over the last few months.

I'm not convinced this is leading up to a bridal banner (especially with Mym, considering she JUST got released as a gala character), and I'm hoping this is just a way to celebrate June (in Japan), throw out some official art, and give away summon vouchers. In fact, giving more single vouchers away has been a trend recently, ever since they were added to raid daily rewards.

In all honestly, I'm half in doubt the summer banner will be anything close to what people are expecting. I think nintendo is trying to keep the game clean of too much fan pandering, as they might have plans to expand the franchise in the future. One can only hope, anyway. The quality is there, and so is the potential.

Nintendo/Int Sys leans much harder into seasonal units then Cygames has done with Granblue. (Remember, Fire Emblem Heroes had Hot Spring heroes, basically heroes in bath towels as before the afore mentioned bridal banners for 3 years now). I wouldn't have Nintendo holding that banner free against pandering at all.

That being said, the art for the banner doesn't mean a gacha banner as well.

edit. I also don't think the wyrmprint gacha change was truly altruistic as well, the feedback for wyrmprints in gacha was overly negative in that people refused to spend money after getting trolled by prints.

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I'm not sure if there will be a wedding banner or not but if Mercurial Gauntlet is acting like this month second event we will have some kind of filler banner. It could be a Wukong banner or an alt like Beautician Zardin but a new Story Event along a limited banner could also happen....

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Seemingly full week before Gauntlet is maybe too much downtime, so I hope that's not the case.

Void Poseidon is easy enough that my first attempt at auto-ing worked, so I'm not even going to spend wings on Void currently. Kinda lackluster with that in mind; was hoping he'd be a more interesting fight...

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
It's bullshit the plot to echoes ended as they arrived to the quilin village

hope it is continued in the next event or something

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
What are the fafnirs for?

If you're talking about the Void Shop ones, the Bronze is for bonus adventurer exp, Silver is for bonus mana, and Gold is for bonus rupees. Gold is the most useful, though it's also the most expensive Void seed-wise. Ideally you wanna buy the first 4 immediately after clearing out the monthly Void items, then buy subsequent copies in batches of 4 to MUB them. The bonus stacks, so you want to have every party member have them when doing Avenue of Fortune runs as well as any content that's easy enough to use them in. The bonus also applies when you skip ticket.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If you have someone on your wind team that's anywhere near that strong, why not just solo them?

Only one that's worth doing co-op if we're talking wings per stamina cost is Poseidon, and as that's tedious rather than an interesting challenge, I'll be avoiding co-op for that too.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Just to burn off wings really quick before going to sleep and get progression on the endeavors at the same time basically.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, but I'd rather dump that into IO since it's about as fast anyway and converts better. But I've been running wind IO lately, so it helps that it's particularly fast, I guess.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Fair enough, but I'd rather dump that into IO since it's about as fast anyway and converts better. But I've been running wind IO lately, so it helps that it's particularly fast, I guess.

I don't want to run out of IO value from daily chests. Half of my Dojos are Lv30, and the half that aren't are mostly Lv25+. If I dump too much into IO, then I risk reaching a point where daily chests don't do anything anymore, so I'm willing to take that process slower going forward. All of my heavily invested characters belong to a weapon category that I have at Lv30 (Sword/Axe/Lance) or near (Wand), so I'm not feeling any rush.

Instead, I'm hoarding for Void. They make reasonable weapons that aren't constrained by Twinkling Sand (having three AI all on Skill Prep 50% with Defense Down skills last Event made life easy), and there's been an established history of Void Seeds trading for good things. I'm placing my bets that Void will play a large role in the upcoming "new progression" for characters, either via trade for Squishums or some other purpose. I have bought all Bronze and Gold Fafnir, plus one Silver Fafnir...and still have 93 Void Seeds as of this post.

There's an argument to be made that I should be dumping my resources into more HDT farm instead, but I find that content to be more chore than fun. I prefer content where I can play with non-veterans and carry if required, and Void fights are perfect for that level of intensity.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair; I'm not quuuuite at that point IO-wise but everything's at least 24+, staff 30/30, and I have enough insignias to get everything a bit higher and not the coins so... yeah, I'm almost there.

I've definitely gone towards doing extra Mercury, which I really didn't expect given how strongly I avoided it for HMS, but here it feels more consistent and there's something... I dunno, relaxing, almost, about the ritual of playing it as Lowen. Maybe Void weapons aren't a bad idea either, but it's hard for me to judge what of those weapons might actually be worth getting. Doesn't really feel like there's much that what I currently have weapon-wise can't deal with, and I could always use my resources to make more 4.3.4s, etc. Maybe Gauntlet will help provide more motivation for that, at which point I'll make some decisions.

And you're probably right about Squishums... I keep forgetting that we'll learn about that very soon. If that's the case, I probably will switch to farming some Void, hmm.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Trying to target the main boss in the Frost Hermit fight is so annoying due to the lock on system.

...when autoing it however the AI has no issues doing so. Mwhahaa

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I noticed my AI was actually having a little trouble finishing things up when running Hermit, since it rushed things so fast that it got kinda flooded with copies and only skills were damaging the real one.

Then I switched in Lin as the lead (my preferred team was still using who I had back when it first went up). Her skills + axe range in general worked out very well for clearing it quickly on auto.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
My light team is for some reason insanely stacked compared to other elements. I MUBed Albert and Hilde, but don't know who else to invest in. Annelie seems to make sense, but I'm currently saving for HElisanne, so I don't want to invest in her right now. Anyone have any advice?

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
it seems there are a little more light units at this moment (29 vs 26 the next most common element I think. Zethia is light too so that'd push it to 30)

besides, for whatever reason it has some of the most powerful units before ieyasu showed up (Halloween Elisanne, who you lack, so your team could be even more stacked, and Hildegarde) the best welfare unit by far (Alfonse) and a bunch of banners with powerful light units for no reason (Beautician Zardin is not part of the plot nor an event unit, same as Albert) and a couple of banners with very good units (the circus one, and Beautician brought along Yachiyo, Albert brought along Odetta, which seems to be a pattern: 5* <weapon> light unit along with a slightly worse 4* <weapon> light unit)

on the other hand it had the worst welfare unit (Elias) but that came along with Lucretia and Vixel, so...(and you lack Lucretia so, again, it could be even more stacked. I assume you missed Halloween since you also lack H! Altemia and H! Edward...who back then were also decent, although they have been largely powercreeped)

I assume it is a deformation for plot reasons, since it's easier to make an evil enemy of dark color, so the opponents have to be light, but that only explains Felicia and the Refrain units; it gets whoever is attached to lighting element (in other games this would have been electricity, a separate element) but that only explains Albert. I think the real weird part is that the Halloween event was Light themed, but that doesn't explain your team...

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized Void Jeanne is going to be this games way of introducing a Dark Jeanne.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
No new banner for almost a week at least and no news about the next banner aside from the login bonus I guess is kinda spooky. I wonder what they have cookin up because this feels a bit odd. Can't imagine any money is being made with just a dragon banner too

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No new banner for almost a week at least and no news about the next banner aside from the login bonus I guess is kinda spooky. I wonder what they have cookin up because this feels a bit odd. Can't imagine any money is being made with just a dragon banner too

I appreciate the break though. That log in bonus scares me. No way I'll have enough reserves to get any summer brides should that happen after the dragon banner. Barely sitting at 5k wyrmmyte and 30 single tickets.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Void Poseidon is pretty doable on my F2P no pulls alt using Ranzal with a 5.3.0, MUB Resounding Rendition/Stellar Show, and the newest Welfare dragon. Focused on force-striking and only used skills for i-framing.

We normally don't learn about the next showcase until the day before it's introduced, so I don't see why this would be odd. We've regularly been getting a spare week of no active events since the introduction of limited Void endeavors, the only difference is that they introduced the dragon banner a couple days sooner as opposed to right when the School banner ended.

My light team is for some reason insanely stacked compared to other elements. I MUBed Albert and Hilde, but don't know who else to invest in. Annelie seems to make sense, but I'm currently saving for HElisanne, so I don't want to invest in her right now. Anyone have any advice?

I would say the only thing to potentially invest in would be a naturally curse-resistant DPS adventurer in case using Heavenly Holidays on Albert is sub-optimal. Aside from that, if you have Xiao Lei, she's actually really good due to her massive team crit buff, which no other adventurer can consistently provide.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I would say the only thing to potentially invest in would be a naturally curse-resistant DPS adventurer in case using Heavenly Holidays on Albert is sub-optimal. Aside from that, if you have Xiao Lei, she's actually really good due to her massive team crit buff, which no other adventurer can consistently provide.
Hmm interesting, I do have Xiao Lei, I actually even promoted her to 4* since I thought she was cool. I guess I forgot all about the little people natural 3*s when I got this huge deluge of 5*s. Think she's worth taking all the way to 5* even without a 100% resist?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
The mercurial gauntlet and new adventurer upgrade systems are coming before the end of the month, which personally feels pretty big. I bet the next few weeks are going to be packed, and a limited time banner would make sense.

Though I feel they will save the summer banner till a week before the next gala

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I am ok with just concentrating on void battles due to the 2x bonus

I assume once that ends Roy arrives

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the break though. That log in bonus scares me. No way I'll have enough reserves to get any summer brides should that happen after the dragon banner. Barely sitting at 5k wyrmmyte and 30 single tickets.
I''m almost on the same boat, at 5.6k wyrmite and 25 tickets, I could only do a ten pull for Gala Mym and sadly had to skip Student Mari completely, slowly building up for the next limited banner. If a new limited banner shows up now though, it would be way to soon for me. I would probably end up doing a single ten pull and call it a day.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Hmm interesting, I do have Xiao Lei, I actually even promoted her to 4* since I thought she was cool. I guess I forgot all about the little people natural 3*s when I got this huge deluge of 5*s. Think she's worth taking all the way to 5* even without a 100% resist?

She's the best Wand that Light has, not that that's saying much as Lucretia/Amane are worse than their same-rarity peers in other elements. So if you're invested into the Wand class (Dojos), she's a good option that can accomplish a lot under AI control, and during times where you want to be playing a ranged DPS in Light.

Plenty of 3* rarity characters have a niche, though they are most susceptible to losing that niche over time. Shadow Althemia 3* used to be the best Helper for rare farming in Avenue to Fortune, back when that was a difficult task. Character and Wyrmprint powercreep over time has stripped her of that role, but she is still competitive with Veronica as a player-controlled character if played well. Ricardt used to be one of the "best" healers if you could overcome his initial SP costs, but now Aeleen exists - and yet he still has a niche as the second healer in Void Auto teams, outperforming Thaniel significantly. Melody outperforms because team offensive skills are busted in combination with a Buff Time Wyrmprint (Bellathorna) and/or passive ability, allowing her to scale stronger as her teammates get stronger.

And then there's 3* Cibella, who is one of my most consistently fielded characters and often in my Helper slot. She deals the worst sandbag DPS in the game among non-healers, but that's not her real job. She's by far the fastest spammer of huge HP 30% Shields that apply based off of her own max HP, even when given to other targets. Shields stop flinching/knockdown and most standard status effects (basically status not specific to Void fights), so they let your party outright ignore boss mechanics that other teams would have to respond to. I'm getting near 1000 HP shields, and will probably hit that mark once I finish leveling Study Bunnies. Oh, and her weapon skill is a group heal.

I could go on, but the point is that many 3* characters have a specific niche related to their skills. Usually its a SP cost that's lower than the norm, or a passive that lets them deal high damage from 100% HP (which makes for good Helpers), or a skill animation that is significantly faster than usual. About half of them literally are budget replacements for superior rarity characters, but there's good value to be had in the other half.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Take your hand off the promote button, is my suggestion.

The vast majority of characters are completely fine without promoting. 0% of this game that's not a high dragon requires a team of full 5*s, and in that case you're only using one of them. You have multiple 4*s with 100% curse res that will function fine for any curse res content. Hell, Heavenly Holiday exists, will cover almost all curse afflictions at 0UB, and (personally) drops somewhat frequently so you don't even really need to worry about that on a day to day basis anyway. Your light team is absolutely not lacking power in any way. Why waste so much eldwater on something that's barely helpful? Same goes for co-abilities- High Zodiark doesn't exist, so there's 0 reason to spend on them on light units.

If your question about "investment" was just, like, getting the normal 45 mana though? Alphonse for someone with curse res, then the rest of the 5*s.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Xiao Lei needs that 2500 Eldwater promotion to 4* because it is a significant boost to her second skill, which is the focal point of her kit and costs less SP than most second skills do, so it can be spammed. 5* helps mainly by making her first skill hit harder, but I wouldn't ever field her if she wasn't put to at least 4* rarity with her Lv2 version of Skill 2.

High Dragons don't require 5* characters either, but that's not the point - a character strong enough to Co-Op may not be strong enough to Solo, and a character strong enough to Solo may not be strong enough to Auto, and a character strong enough to Auto may not be strong enough to run fewer healers and HP-centric Dragons. There's always room for progression.

Status resists are overrated. For the small percentage of content where it ever matters, you can bring the proper resist, Wyrmprint, or Shield user to get around it. Cibella is a cheat code in this regard for non-Wind content.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Xiao Lei needs that 2500 Eldwater promotion to 4* because it is a significant boost to her second skill, which is the focal point of her kit and costs less SP than most second skills do, so it can be spammed. 5* helps mainly by making her first skill hit harder, but I wouldn't ever field her if she wasn't put to at least 4* rarity with her Lv2 version of Skill 2.

High Dragons don't require 5* characters either, but that's not the point - a character strong enough to Co-Op may not be strong enough to Solo, and a character strong enough to Solo may not be strong enough to Auto, and a character strong enough to Auto may not be strong enough to run fewer healers and HP-centric Dragons. There's always room for progression.

Status resists are overrated. For the small percentage of content where it ever matters, you can bring the proper resist, Wyrmprint, or Shield user to get around it. Cibella is a cheat code in this regard for non-Wind content.
Marty serves the same purpose, tho he does not have the shield as S1

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Today's Dragalia Life is the most precious thing ever
879da87eda03da79179366a569274492.png

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017

this kind of reaction happens every time they leave a week for grinding void monsters

It's fine

Status
Not open for further replies.