• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got all the limited-time Void Endeavors finished on my F2P no pulls alt; the off-week came just in time to pack for Japan.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
w...where'd Mariti go

Also, looks like all the relevant Void fights are available on the last day (Wednesday) this time, which is nice. I've been autoing them so it's been easy to get it all done casually.

And I tried to auto HMS Prelude out of boredom yesterday, but it basically just caused me to waste ~150 consecrated waters on stun res prints despite never having a better run than the one before I did that, welp. Not like I'm quite low on them yet, but I also haven't gotten many important prints so that'll probably hurt eventually. In the end, the problem is that Marth loves to eat the center of 8ways and die, and if he dies then things might actually time out well such it skips golems (which was that best run) but the party won't do the damage needed to win. And if he doesn't die, they'll break much earlier but not kill golems, and so they eventually lose from that.

So... I failed. But on the other hand, as long as I babysit it and manage 8ways + golems, it's fine and that's good to have access to. I don't desperately need orbs right now but it'll be good for working on that dracolith in the near future, hmm. Of course, if I want to go out of my way to farm it, using my pile of ashes may be better than honey anyway, but...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The oinker ate him...

I was actually born in the year of the pig, particularly relevant since my family's Chinese, so when I saw this DL tweet I wanted to have this little guy as my avatar.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Still no banner information? It's definitely going to be filler then, unless they really surprise us with something. It definitely feels like the calm before the storm...

Excited for the gauntlet, though. I need something new!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow that news told us nothing lol, at least we know its happening I guess

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
New banner news will likely be tomorrow since the current banner doesn't end until the day after

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I think most of the time banner info drops the day before, I assume to avoid making people stop summoning in preparation

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They don't have to worry about making people stop summoning.
At least as far as US Play Store rankings go, I don't think it's ever been lower.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yeah, these past two weeks have been pretty bad in terms of banners. But I guess they expected a lull after the Mym banner anyway, so they probably did it on purpose.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I used most of my Wyrmite for Student Maribelle's banner and I'm back at 9K at the moment, though I have been reading a bunch of the adventurer/dragon stories for my commutes.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, my wyrmmyte stash isn't increasing as much as I'd like after the Mym banner. Still at around 5,000 =(
Same. I went to zero Wyrmite/Tickets trying to pull Mym (didn't get her) and now have about 5200 Wyrmite and 30 Single Tickets. I hope the next banner is another non-limited so I can keep trying to rebuild my stash.

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Luckily I got Mym early enough so I'm at about 11k wyrmite with 20 tickets. Been doing 1 single summon a day in hopes of getting a 5 star fire dragon

Oct 26, 2017
HMercury is an exercise in frustration. Initially people were too weak, now it is because people are walking right into whirlpools, taking the protective bubble someone else is already in, not even getting in a protective bubble, or some other myriad of ways of dying in the first 30 seconds.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating when my Lowen has more strength than Lin You that enters the room.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I can't say that's been my personal experience?

I've had very little trouble doing Mercury as Lowen. For comparison, I barely did any extra HMS runs till the end because I found it frustrating to find rooms even on a good night. Meanwhile, I've done so many extra Mercury runs that I'm already over halfway to completing MUB + level 1 Fafnir. (I... haven't actually used any orbs yet. Probably shoulda grabbed that Fafnir already, but I liked seeing the raw number increase vs the full total. Guess I'll get that since it's a waste not to and just do different math...)

I just use Find Room and join conditional rooms. Most of the time, that gets me into an extremely solid room, especially as people seem to usually build a hood team and then just lower the might require went only for Lowen. Using quick play if there's nothing available can be risky, but it's usually fine and I've also had success making rooms myself; just harder for me to get a read on might settings.

If someone dies early on, it can be frustrating, but people are usually willing to go again if it was a legitimate mistake. If someone clearly has no idea, I just end up leaving after the run fails if I don't feel like helping. Otherwise, most deaths usually happen late enough that it doesn't tank things. I feel like the big risk is just someone fucking up during bursting bubbles, since if people actually don't know how it works I don't think it's very clear that they just murdered their teammate. So they might make the same mistake again, and ruin another run.

But other than that, I haven't exactly been plagued by people who have no idea what they're doing/have ridiculously low strength.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's supposed to be relatively easy content so I'm not expecting to spend a ton of time on Mercurial Gauntlet, but I'm still really looking forward to having something else to do. I'm thinking of FEH's new mode where I'm basically just beating up a big enemy and you know what? I'd be okay if this was just an equivalent to that.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No new banner news, no explanation on how the new event works. What's going to happen on reset..

$

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No new banner news, no explanation on how the new event works. What's going to happen on reset..

$
We should hear something in regards to the new banner at the next reset. I have a feeling it'll be something good, as things have been really quiet lately.

Summer in June? IT COULD HAPPEN!

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe finally get that Wu Kong/Bride/Alts banner. I think Mikoto, Julietta, and Hawk are the only launch natural 5*'s that still don't have alts.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gdi I crafted a 5t3 wind dagger during the last event and I kind of want to pull wedding aoi to use it...

Really really happy we're getting a facility rerun too. I need those so badly to catch up

Edit: elisanne wouldn't hurt either tbh and they're on the same banner sooooo I might dump my stuff here

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wind's my weakest element, and wind dagger isr eally good so i really want Aoi.
Yeah, I'd love Aoi too, and the dragon looks great. But not limited, so not pulling. I'll definitely take them if they spook me later though!

DO WANT, but will save wyrmite for spooks and/or paid ticket pulls.

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Uhhhh

Just auto'd my way through the entire of the Wind fights. Does he even attack you?

Great "content" :/

Edit: I guess they'll add harder levels each month?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Cant say I like either Wedding Elisanne or Wedding Aoi's designs, glad for a new 5* dagger character though. Glad they aren't limited at least.

A permanent version of Elisanne being in the summon pool is so strange, also her getting 2 alts before Luca even gets 1 lol

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wedding Aoi looks fab! Glad she's permanent so I can save my wyrmite for an actually limited banner.
Also I'm thrilled about the wind facility coming back. I got lazy during that event so mine is only like level 23.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh

Just auto'd my way through the entire of the Wind fights. Does he even attack you?

Your combined level remains in the monthly reset so I take that it keeps getting difficult as months pass. It's not that bad, at least it's the challenge event that will continue to grow unlike the others in my opinion.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Uhhhh

He certainly attacks you, not very often though. He does some pretty high damage too, I didnt notice it at double speed at first since it's a pretty fast animation and my healer kept healing it but once I took away my healer i noticed quickly.

Flame level 19 was almost a wipe. I had Xander left at nearly 1hp and 1 second left on the clock when I beat him. And this is with me freezing him roughly 3 times each fight. It's definitely harder than it looks and I can see future higher floors being really tight in terms of choosing to do more damage or keep your team alive while dealing with the short time limit.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I manually did all of wind for the hell of it and my thumb hurts. Certainly auto-ing the majority of the rest. Didn't even change my regular fire team and they got the level 20 kill at the last second, even with some IO related prints and Verica being there.

Not like they advertised otherwise, but... this is pretty boring. Even as a team strength test, it's too literally strength since you can't take advantage of killing enemies and such. Kinda disappointing if this is what the Labyrinth became.

meanwhile... wedding banner is still kinda gross, and I dislike that it's not limited because I'll have to see them way more often, but the designs are at least decent-ish

facility rerun will be weird now that I have way stronger characters, hmm

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhhh

My Fire team was strong enough but not my light team. I had to adjust and take it manually from levels 17 or 18. I had to remove Hildegarde and put in another offense unit and basically had to iframe his attacks to avoid healing in order to clear in time for level 20. Took a few tries.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed that there's no Champion Testaments. More Twinkling Sand than I can ever use, though.

Best thing about the Mercurial Gauntlet though, is the new DAOKO remix track.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Just wrapping up the last few levels to 100 on Auto. Without putting a lot of effort in (two matching element, two rainbow), I'm typically seeing clears around 0:20-0:25 on Lv20 of each element.

I didn't expect a dump of 20 Twinkling Sand. I'll have to do a fair bit of 60k Fortune runs to catch back up, I was only holding onto 6.5m after crafting several MUB Void weapons in the last several weeks.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Those are my showstoppers right now.
They're a road block for many, I'm afraid. :(

It's really strange that the wedding banner isn't limited. Not that I'm complaining, as it allows me to save my pulls, but I didn't even bother checking in-game to see if they were standard or not (I just assumed they were limited).

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Sands are whatever. It's more annoying to just get lots more insignias with 0 coins, as always.

I auto'd most of light but even manually I can't clear 20 yet, using Curran/Nefaria/Botan/Orion. I'll come back to it; I expect everything else will go very smoothly.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Wedding Xania has Freeze relief on her burst heal S1 while her S2 is Defense Up and Regen heal. Since she's also on Water IO I bet she's Freeze resist, so she doesn't butt heads with Lowen too much. With Wedding Aoi also being freeze resist I can see why they decided to make this permanent, since we're pretty lacking in permanent freeze-resist adventurers, while our only Sword wind adventurers are Ku Hai and Gala Ranzal. Definitely still weird to see a story adventurer get a permanent gacha alt, let alone that a wedding banner is non-limited as well AND Eli got two alts before Luca got one. Still can never predict how Cygames is gonna handle these xD

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed that there's no Champion Testaments. More Twinkling Sand than I can ever use, though.

Best thing about the Mercurial Gauntlet though, is the new DAOKO remix track.

People are guessing (including me) that's it's mats for character weapons that might be included at the end of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.