• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sands are whatever. It's more annoying to just get lots more insignias with 0 coins, as always.

I auto'd most of light but even manually I can't clear 20 yet, using Curran/Nefaria/Botan/Orion. I'll come back to it; I expect everything else will go very smoothly.

A high level Ieyasu helper does wonders.

Just finished myself and I had the most trouble with my light team against the shadow Roy.

Love the eldwater coming my way next month!

D9aVc4dU4AAxe9g.jpg:large

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished all the wind gauntlet stages with my fire team, but I'm hovering around the stage 16-17 range on everything else. I'll finish up my altars within the next week or two and then unlock some nodes on everyone and I'll probably be able to get a bit further.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Character weapons? Was that hinted or announced before?

Not really, people are just guessing it's the "character advancement" that is going to be done end of month.

The other reason are people are guessing is that it was about 8 months in when they were added in priconne, and it's about the same amount of time in this game.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I see, that does sound like something that will likely happen with the amount of sand we're getting now.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Into having a new mana and eldwater source even if it's a monthly pay out. Haven't been pulling on banners recently so no dupes to bump up the water stocks.

New units are... Interesting. Decent support skills which help them stand out, and the new dragon giving Phoenix like support to wind teams can't hurt, even if it'll be harder to get/merge. Shame Elisanne's a wind sword so soon after Gala Ranzal but at least she's not limited.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, some of those 20s dropped below 10 seconds.
I dunno if I'm gonna be able to do them at higher levels.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I cut the Water level 20 REAL close with 1 second left on my main account. Next month definitely won't go as smoothly if it's another 20 levels of difficulty. Gotta probably invest in more 5.3.0 weapons. Still need to try it on my alt account.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed that the Aoi and Xania alts were wasted on the bridal banner. Though Aoi's design is pretty alright.

Freya looks pretty great for healers though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The new mode is neat. It's a nice way to see your team getting stronger over time. I play fairly infrequently so I've got some work to do if I want to hit level 20 on any of the fights.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Yo anyone else weirded out by Fafnir Roy? He has this dumb ol look on his face and gets off on being beaten before rewarding you for the said beating like a true masochist. It doesn't help that it sometimes sounds like "fapu-fapu" when he talks.

Also, cygames throw us some consecrated water!

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Why is at least one adventurer always left out of the new summon showcase notices? This time it was Xania who got ignored and I only found out about her via the Twitter video.

Anyways, I really really dig that they're giving more love to the less popular 3* units by means of higher rarity alts. First Zardin, now Aoi and Xania. (I think the only other example of a 3* getting a higher rarity alt was Althemia way back at the Halloween banner, so this recent trend has been long overdue.)

I thought I'd be waiting an eternity for a Renelle alt, but for all I know she could drop as soon as next month, with how unpredictable Cygames has been with their character selections.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Not at all tempted by the banner, though the units look decently powerful. At least they aren't limited, and I can look forward to getting spooked by them in future gala banners. Dragon and (4*) healer units are especially on fire lately.

So with the repeat facility event, for those who are familiar with other gacha game precedents/mechanics, I would assume we don't get a second wind shrine, but will still get rewards for leveling/having it fully leveled up? I sure hope so, as that's some (more) easy free wyrmite right there. I'm also curious if the wyrmprint bonuses from the last time around will be intact. I have kept all of my facility event wyrmprints thus far, so this event will determine if I should keep them for future repeats, or finally sell them for eldwater. I know there's no way of knowing for sure until we see the reality of it tomorrow, but just curious if it can be reliably predicted.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
came back to the game a couple of days ago. So many needed QoL improvements. The new Fafnir event is cool also.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The banner looks nice, but my Wind team is p. good right now (Lin You, Addis, Maribelle and Lowen) and I would really maybe only want the Dragon. Still, the designs are nice.

Just blasted through 20 levels of both the Wind and Fire gauntlets, seems pretty straightforward. I did cut it close to time around 19-20, but overall it was very easy.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness the new banner isn't limited. I've been wanting a 5* Wind Sword and would have likely spent my entire stock trying to get Elisanne. My Wyrmite stash lives to see another banner.

I'm enjoying the new Gauntlet; not having to use stamina is great. It's a good way to test teams to see which elements need improvement. My Fire team cruised through the Gauntlet while my Light team is stuck on lvl 16. The extra Twinkling Sands also helped me craft the 5* elemental staff for Hildegarde officially giving me 1x 5* elemental weapon per element.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I assume the lack of champion testaments is their whale bait

only way to get some is to purchase a pack that's expensive and gives you 4 of them

may also explain why they are concentrating on 5* (who require a champion testament to unlock the last mana circle) over 4* and 3*

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all tempted by the banner, though the units look decently powerful. At least they aren't limited, and I can look forward to getting spooked by them in future gala banners. Dragon and (4*) healer units are especially on fire lately.

So with the repeat facility event, for those who are familiar with other gacha game precedents/mechanics, I would assume we don't get a second wind shrine, but will still get rewards for leveling/having it fully leveled up? I sure hope so, as that's some (more) easy free wyrmite right there. I'm also curious if the wyrmprint bonuses from the last time around will be intact. I have kept all of my facility event wyrmprints thus far, so this event will determine if I should keep them for future repeats, or finally sell them for eldwater. I know there's no way of knowing for sure until we see the reality of it tomorrow, but just curious if it can be reliably predicted.

I've also largely not unbound my event prints... which is why I keep having print storage issues, lol.

My guess is that they'll work again, but that the 3* will also just be in the event shop like it was for FE? They've already been dropping from things anyway, of course, but I feel like that'd make sense.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I assume the lack of champion testaments is their whale bait

only way to get some is to purchase a pack that's expensive and gives you 4 of them

may also explain why they are concentrating on 5* (who require a champion testament to unlock the last mana circle) over 4* and 3*

The issue is moreso that we haven't had facility events in a while. Aside from the mountain of single tickets we get, raids are garbage as far as rewards go.

Event tomorrow should give 3 testaments and substantial amount of consecrated water.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I find that complaints about Champion Testaments tend to come either from new players (understandable) or players who are rarity snobs sitting on 40+ Knight's Testaments. Lower rarities have been buffed so much since launch that they're hardly distinguishable from natural 5*s now, unless you're trying to force one of the dozen or so 3* characters with a bad kit to be meta.

5* characters cost up to three Champion Testaments each - one to break into the final mana circle, one to pick up the Lv3 version of their Skill 1 in that circle, and one to hit Mana Circle 50/Damascus Crystal.

3* and 4* characters only cost up to one Champion Testament, and its the least important one, the one that hits Mana Circle 50/Damascus Crystal. Yes, promoting does cost Eldwater, but we've been positively flooded in that lately - between the backpay from summoning changes (which also roughly doubled Eldwater income per pull going forward), frequent Wyrmprint drops in regular missions, increased event rewards, etc.

Between 3* and 4* rarities, I've promoted 15 of them to 5* rarity, 13 of which still get fielded in my teams, with 6 of those on a maxed Co-Ability. While I have 20 natural 5* characters, only 8 of those get used in my teams, with only 4 having a maxed Co-Ability.

I own Lucretia and Amane. Today I put Xiao Lei to maxed Co-Ability, because I think she's a much more valuable character than her alternatives. When it comes to strictly timed content, the variance of a Crit Rate/Crit Damage buff is very helpful, especially in AI hands. That's not even factoring in how her quick Skill 1 backed by a 20% Skill Damage passive is enough on its own to outdamage her higher rarity peers. Lucretia is still at Mana Circle 40, because I don't believe she's worth the Champion Testaments just to be a worse Xiao Lei. Energy simply isn't a pushed enough mechanic to make her kit any good, with each layer of energy only counting for Skill Damage/Healing Potency+10% for one skill activation per party member, and that's assuming best case scenario where you distribute a multiple of 5 Energy over the course of a fight.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, I'm at 6 champions currently and 66 knights; I have pretty much 0 reason to promote anyone else or get >45 mana currently. Similarly, 52 sands (with more to come from the rest of Gauntlet) as I've effectively only made 2 5.3s. I'll make my Mercury alt's (if I even do that at this point), and probably continue to make a few more that aren't "optimal"/needed, but otherwise I'm not inclined to care too much about them just yet. If anything I should just pick ones that I might end up making and get 5.2.4s, since the 5.2.0s I'm still using could stand to be improved. But of course, I also have like 16 bricks so even some 4.3.4s might be a better idea in some cases (I might take Curran's axe up from 4.3.0 to help beat that last stage, at least).

I really just want them to give us coins.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I find that complaints about Champion Testaments tend to come either from new players (understandable) or players who are rarity snobs sitting on 40+ Knight's Testaments. Lower rarities have been buffed so much since launch that they're hardly distinguishable from natural 5*s now, unless you're trying to force one of the dozen or so 3* characters with a bad kit to be meta.

Or people who don't have nor want to spend 25,000 + eldwater on promoting a unit, like myself =P
I'd rather use the eldwater on wyrmprints or 5th circle unbinds.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Or people who don't have nor want to spend 25,000 + eldwater on promoting a unit, like myself =P
This is my dilemma as well. It's 19k/37k Eldwater for a 2UB/MUB 5* Wyrmprint. I'm getting more Eldwater value by grabbing different Wyrmprints from the shop then unlocking the 5th Mana Circle and taking an Adventurer from 40MC to 45MC.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Players who are sufficiently new or hoarding will want to buy Wyrmprints, that's natural. But at some point you're hitting diminishing returns, both in terms of Consecrated Waters and in terms of net benefit. At some point, you'll own enough relevant Skill Damage+XX%, Force Strike+XX%, Dragon Prep+10%, and niche Wyrmprints (Status Res for HDTs, Regen for Auto AI, etc) that you won't benefit much from more and won't have the Waters to level them even if you could. You can only fill eight slots after all, and some of the welfare/event Wyrmprints do a pretty good job at subbing in.

I would recommend going for generalized Wyrmprints like Resounding Rendition, Levin's Champion, or Flash of Genius over specific niches like Flower in the Fray (which is recommended to compliment Kung Fu Masters for Axes, but has literally no other meta use and isn't beating alternatives by much) or Dragon and Tamer (Lance-only, but more realistically Halloween Elisanne vs High Zodiark only thanks to a narrow second effect). Wyrmprint tier lists do a lot of harm in making players believe that best-in-slot is way better than their close alternatives, and Consecrated Water is a limited resource unless you're dumping mass Wyrmite/Dia into daily Item Summons or refills during Water-dropping events.

There's also the consideration that most characters do just fine at 4* Rarity, 40 Mana Circle (2500 Eldwater for 3* promote). If you're doing High Dragon Trial farming then you'll want more for the characters involved, but very few players do Solo HDTs so you typically only need that level of investment for one, maybe two characters per HDT.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is me.

If all it cost was Knight Testaments, I'd promote so many of my 3/4* characters. It has nothing to do with me being a "rarity snob", it's just not worth the eldwater cost for me, when I could use that to instead for fifth circle unbinds or purchasing wyrmprints.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I take back my initial criticism of the Mercurial Gauntlet. It's a pretty handy and cool training dummy/DPS check tool for each of your teams. It gives you pretty solid goals to reach for when you're fiddling with new weapons and stuff.

Hopefully they'll add new levels to it with each month.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It was always gonna be either Elly or Cleo (or maybe Xander) to become the first character with multiple alts. Now that Elly got hers, this opens the doors for other characters to get their own double alt.

Like Althemia. ♡

*(Although she probably won't turn up again until next year at the earliest.)

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
got eli with a single and xania in the subsequent 10 pull

debating another 10 pull since my rates are now at 5%

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
More wind? Sure, I guess. Can probably deal with a few more, since I had Verica in my team.

Meanwhile I managed to auto all of dark. Last level took some luck for Albert's skill timing + remembering to swap out an exp print + switching dragons around (probably shouldn't have taken 10 minutes to realize swapping one of my 0UB Gils onto Lucretia instead of Cupid might help her stay alive), but they got it at the last second.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We are getting levels 21 to 40 of the mercurial gauntlet tomorrow. Yikes! Doubt I'll get much further if at all but I suppose it's meant to be a long term goal

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went pretty hard on the banner (10k wyrmite, 35 single tickets) since I want everything and came out pretty good results. 3 Elisannes, 3 Freyja, a random Simurgh, and my first Xander and Annelie. My eldwater has been replenished very nicely, but I'd still really like Aoi. Might single ticket for her from the event rewards alongside the daily deals, but at least she should be able to be suptixed at some point.

Also pulled my first Lindwurm, amusingly. That thing has eluded me for so long.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Many complained Gauntlet was easy. Cygames gonna come swinging with these 20 new floors.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Many complained Gauntlet was easy. Cygames gonna come swinging with these 20 new floors.
The only people complaining it's too easy are the people with overly stacked teams who already steamroll all content anyway, they never said it was going to be tougher than the high dragon trials, the opposite in fact.
I'm fairly sure that to the vast majority of players its quite challenging.

Its annoying when mobile games design content around the top 1% of players and that is what runs the risk of happening if people complain everything is too easy

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to auto High Mercury Prelude. And as I was typing this, realized I hadn't seen what a Hilde-using team would do, so tried that too.

So it's definitely something I can solo just like HMS's, then, and honestly maybe even actually auto after various building upgrades happen. Similarly, if I get off my ass and Lin becomes my alt, the upgrades for that should easily deal with it. Not like prints are optimal either (I didn't want to repeat wastefully upgrading stun prints like with HMS's this week, so I only slightly upgraded the bog/water resist prints on Hilde). My fire dracolith's maxes after the recent double drop event, but now I can casually get the other two as well if I want, so that's neat.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Did some single tickets, got the new Elly in 2, Xania in 4, did a couple more till the first pity but got nothing else. So now now my Wind team is Elly, Lin You, Louise, and Hildegarde, at least until I upgrade Xania or Lowen, might actually be able to auto IO more than half the time now.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
ooooh dunno why I didn't realize the drawing of mym in a wedding dress was .... A WYRMPRINT

and a rather good one

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Both new prints are amazing.

The Bridal Dragon is a shapeshift prep print with an actually useful second ability on it. It also has the added effect of totally blowing Fjorm HBH speedruns out of the water as you were already bringing King's Countenance and such a huge amount of your damage came from Leviathan. Grabbing this right away.

Halidom Grooms is our third ever Buff Time print, second ever neutral one. Its Bellathorna but with 4* stats and with a second ability. The second ability isn't mind blowing, but I'm sure Melody and Elisanne will appreciate the extra stats. You could even stack both prints to hit the 30% Buff Time cap, which might end up being the best combo since neither character provides much DPS from their own attacks and skills. (as further evidence of this, the new Skill Haste dragon is probably Melody's best option despite it not boosting strength at all because it lets her spam her S1 so much)

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely love that the challenge battle can drop all of the event boosting wymrprints, facility events are so much better now

Status
Not open for further replies.