• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
That Bridal Dragon Wyrmprint looks made for Mym and Fjorm. I really need to learn how to speed clear Void Agni and HBH with Fjorm; I think I have all the needed pieces.

20 more levels of Wind Gauntlet tomorrow should put to rest how easy the Gauntlet is. In honesty, I think my Wind team can only muster 1 or 2 more levels.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
With two event prints I had gotten pity broken in the time since the event first came out and getting a third as a lucky drop in the Challenge mode I'm sitting at +350% to the points on my event team. I'm probably going to be way past the one million mark as I'm at 500k right now and the only things I've gotten from the Treasure Trade are the two Champions Testaments. I need a ton more of the rare trade material to really get what I want out of the event shop.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
That Bridal Dragon Wyrmprint looks made for Mym and Fjorm. I really need to learn how to speed clear Void Agni and HBH with Fjorm; I think I have all the needed pieces.

20 more levels of Wind Gauntlet tomorrow should put to rest how easy the Gauntlet is. In honesty, I think my Wind team can only muster 1 or 2 more levels.
It may be silly to speculate given the levels will be added tomorrow, but I just don't see the 21-40 levels being the same linear difficulty progression as 1-20. It has to be some kind of new gimmick: added fafner enemies, a different time limit, etc. You would be needing something like 30k+ might teams when approaching level 40 if it's the same type of progression, and that just isn't feasible at the moment.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
It may be silly to speculate given the levels will be added tomorrow, but I just don't see the 21-40 levels being the same linear difficulty progression as 1-20. It has to be some kind of new gimmick: added fafner enemies, a different time limit, etc. You would be needing something like 30k+ might teams when approaching level 40 if it's the same type of progression, and that just isn't feasible at the moment.
30k+ Might may not be feasible now; but in a year or so? The Gauntlet really just seems like a giant punching bag to test out team compositions but also pays out rewards for hitting certain thresholds. The fact that the Treasure Trove level rolls over each month and pays out based on a range of total level tiers completed seems to reinforce that. I doubt CyGames will gate any monthly rewards behind total levels they think are unreachable.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the gauntlet definitely seems to be long term progressive content. I think the difficulty will rise above what is feasible right now, we dont know what the new adventurer upgrade feature entails yet, it could make it much easier

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
This artwork of Curran and Heinwald is amazing
jav5sc4aye531.jpg
Curran continues to be top-tier husbando

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
We are getting levels 21 to 40 of the mercurial gauntlet tomorrow. Yikes! Doubt I'll get much further if at all but I suppose it's meant to be a long term goal

Note that this is Lv21-40 of the Wind Gauntlet, not all elements. Flame should be one of the easier elements for teambuilding, considering that we just got a welfare character with Defense Down, along with a few other gacha-specific characters with Defense Down/Damage Up/AttackSpd Up (Vanessa, B.Ezelith, Sinoa, Marth, etc).

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, the gauntlet is a p good measure of team worth. my results so far:

-fire and dark are the strongest ones, they can easily auto lvl20. i don't have ieyasu but i do have mym and marth (but mym does not transform into a dragon in auto)

-green team can auto lvl 19 and semi auto lvl

-water can semi auto lvl 20 if I use an elisanne helper, and replace thaniel for cibella. There are probably othet team builds that can do better but so far this is my best: xander, cibella, orsem, lily

-light team is a complete fraud, and is stuck at lvl 16.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For anyone who wants an extra Elisanne friend helper, I've decided to replace Verica for a 50 MC Eli with MUB Bellathorna and MUB Halidom Grooms for max Strength buff possible (20% strength for 20 seconds) at the moment on my main. My Friend Code is: 4161 8701 375.

My F2P no pulls alt is more budget, using 40 MC Eli with MUB Bellathorna and 0 UB Halidom Grooms (though still have 30% buff time) for 15% Strength buff for full duration. FC: 2194 2797 534.

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
the stories have improved lately

xania's uses Sinoa for a role that before would have gone to luca, sarisse or ranzal, and makes it feel less claustrophobic than the usual character stories (for example, xuan zang's uses Lin You, but only for one chapter)

There's also a castle story now that is an epilogue to a wish to the winds. it's nothing mindblowing, but it rules that it exists

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Does the new 4 star print (Energy doublebuff and buff time) apply to Sarisse self buffs? Honestly insane if it does

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
it should not

doublebuffs only activate with defense buffs (the ones with a shield as an icon). Sarisse is an attack buff

maybe one day we will get attack double buff, but for now nope

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really want wedding Eli, spent 9k wyrmite. Got a lot of different 5star stuff, but no Wedding Eli.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
she is not limited. it will happen sooner or later, or you can ticket her in the anniversary

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
^This.

Ticket her later, if you don't mind spending for the Dream Summons when they happen. Save your tickets/wyrmite for true limited characters (ie.e, summer), or gala banners.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit data-mined tomorrow's Gauntlet update; suggested Might for lvl 40 is 29k. Looks like we have some new long term team strength goals.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Well, my luck in recent banners has finally run dry.

I spent just over half of my wyrmite (around 10k) and didn't get Bride Elly. I did get Freyja and Xania (and Nurse Aeleen, who I was missing from the last banner), so it wasn't awful, but still. At least they're not limited.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Someone on Reddit data-mined tomorrow's Gauntlet update; suggested Might for lvl 40 is 29k. Looks like we have some new long term team strength goals.
Good reminder that the new adventurer upgrades should be coming next week. I fear the requirements though....

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finally hit 120K Wyrmite on my F2P no pulls alt.

In total, with 120K Wyrmite, 246 single tickets, and 27 tenfolds, I can do 1516 pulls.

I've done some cursory attempts at Mercurial Gauntlet so far, with decent results. I can do all 20 levels for Wind, level 18 for Light, and 16 for everything else. Gonna need some more Eli friends to see if I can eek out some more clears.

Botan is the greatest raid welfare character we've gotten for this content. Her Dark/Lance typing gives her a 5.3 Damage weapon skill and means she's neutral to everything that isn't Light. She has bleed, Team Strength Up on her S2, AND 50% Skill Prep so she can instantly get her skills up (with a Skill Prep print) which is pretty crucial for Gauntlet. She's the only one that's literally on every single one of my Gauntlet teams.

Elisanne is the greatest story character for this content, made EVEN stronger as a pure buff bot thanks to the newest print letting her reach 30% additional buff time from Wyrmprints. All of my non-Wind Gauntlet clears had her literally just there to buff. Also the best helper because you can get literally full 20% Strength uptime for the entire Gauntlet length with a 5* Eli, MUB Bellathorna and Halidom Grooms since it lasts 20 seconds.

There's stuff I can still improve like giving everyone a 5.3 weapon, definitely going to 5* Eli when I get another 25K Elwater, but still looking for stuff like a pure Strength Water and Light dragon along with more elemental DPS characters. Also, Water, Wind, and Light are iffy because the story dragons don't give 20% strength, which is especially egregious with Mercury so my Water DPS is very lacking.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
My light team is coming up short against Roy in 19. Guess I won't be claiming those final 2 tiers this month for it.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So how good are Aoi and xania considered to be?

They're both freeze-resist, so definitely good for Water IO. Aoi is iffy for future endgame content because she's sleep-reliant for full effectiveness (though probably still usable with enough investment if she's a favorite). She's particularly good for Void Poseidon since he's only susceptible to sleep, and may have a potential healing niche with her S2. Xania seems like the de facto wind healer for any future freeze-heavy content.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
From the welfare free adventurer perspective, Melsa demonstrates to me as long as a freebie character has two damage skills, they're perfectly usable as a DPS. Xuan Zang is also solid with her a Def down. Botan is the GOAT, and Su Fang/Celery are serviceable (the upgrading S1 skills are okay but not great at the cost of losing a damage skill in my opinion). Alfonse is good, but held back by the lack of pure Strength welfare light dragons. RIP Elias.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to beat Shadow Roy thanks to using Eli as my helper and her great attack boost.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Dagger Aoi is considered somewhat bad overall, but that's a problem more related to the Dagger class than to her decent but status reliant kit. Early reports from blues' DPS chart have her solidly in the top three for Dagger-class DPS, but that's still a good 30-40% below the top performers in other weapon classes. She's also outdamaged by many prominent non-Dagger Wind characters.

But I'm going to raise her anyway. I want a maxed Dagger Co-Ability for my Lin You, and Aoi allows me to get that without splashing for another element.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
She's at least fairly good in the 60 second damage sims (top 3 wind), which is actually relevant now with the Gauntlet, and provides some utility.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here's my set-up and I barely managed to clear level 23 with 1 second left after a few attempts =( Need more 5.3 weapons, more mana circle unbinds, and more MUB dragons.

D9kMa8mUEAAgPwt.jpg

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I think replacing Euden with Sinoa is a good shout for the skill damage co-ability and her buffs

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is a hint at a future Bride Mym. I swear I can see parts of her white dress from behind the arch...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I wonder if this is a hint at a future Bride Mym. I swear I can see parts of her white dress from behind the arch...

Unfortunately I think those are just the white trimmings of her normal outfit (at the ends of her gauntlets and skirt)

Agreed. I have her but she's at 0 mana circles at the moment. Same with Ezelith.

Make sure to use an Elisanne friend helper for those 3 charges of attack buffs. What other fire adventurers do you have? Xuan Zang is also fairly solid for her defense down, which is higher than Euden's (10% vs 5%)

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
If it was a bridal mym I doubt she would have the same tiara/horn decorations as her Gala form, a bridal version would have a veil or something. I think its just a nod towards her adventurer story and her general character of being love obsessed

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
my thumb hurts and I should be asleep

I don't think I'm managing 27 without a better lance since that's 0UB, though I guess my prints are all over the place and could potentially make a big difference as well, so there's that; Cerberus is also 1 UB while Prom is 3UB and Ifrits are MUB, so... there's that option too but I'm not going for that

...it would potentially be a lot easier if this fucker hit back harder; he doesn't activate Marth's Last Boost unless he's in OD, which means I can't really get an extra Fire Emblem use to shift it faster

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Mercurial Gauntlet Wind:

Lv30: Assisted 2x Auto stops being reliable, so I switch to Manual.
Lv35: This isn't going to work much longer, so I test and find that I need to wear 30% Prep in combination with 10% Helper Prep to get in two Dragon uses.
Lv38: Now I need to start optimizing the fine print. For my composition, that meant using specifically Shapeshifting to I-Frame the first clap, and intentionally get hit by the second clap. This triggers Last Offense right before Break, and lets me get second Cerberus before Break expires.
Lv39: Sweet, Sunlight Stone!
Lv40: Cleared with 0:06 remaining on first clear. Epithet is still Gold, if anyone is wondering.

There's certainly room to optimize damage in my composition, but here's the 22k Might team I used to clear:

(Sorry about the formatting, I use an Android app for the Imgur uploads)

Marth: MUB 5* Elemental | MUB Cerberus | Shining Overlord/Stellar Show | 2997 Str
Vanessa: MUB Anti-HMS Void Elemental | MUB Ifrit | Kung Fu Masters/King's Countenance | 2232 Str
Bow Ezelith: MUB Anti-HMS Void Elemental | MUB Ifrit | Forest Bonds/King's Countenance | 2007 Str
Xuan Zang: MUB Water 5* Elemental | 1UB Agni | Resounding Rendition/Dragon's Nest | 1899 Str

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Obviously future is kinda unknown, but as for now:
Is there some time limit to get those gauntlets as high as possible? Or can I take my time and do them when ever I feel it?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously future is kinda unknown, but as for now:
Is there some time limit to get those gauntlets as high as possible? Or can I take my time and do them when ever I feel it?
No time limit, I think you are just meant to get as far as you can, your progress remains every month so you just get more rewards the further you go

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Try to hit Lv100 if you can (Lv20 in each element, or do extra in Wind if you're stuck in a different element.) This ensures you get four Twinkling Sand when we open the Mercurial chest in the middle of each month. It took me a little under two hours doing Auto with lazy teambuilding to reach that point, probably closer to 3-4 hours for most people.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Cleared 40 with my Nightmare Wu Kong team (Euden/Sarisse/Sinoa/Mym). I find Sarisse/Sinoa to be one of the best combos because of the amount of buff-stacking Sinoa can do for Sarisse is incredible thanks to her low-cost S1 team buff. Combined with Helper Eli attack buffs, Sarisse was doing S1's that basically tore through the break bar when it Crit.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
No time limit, I think you are just meant to get as far as you can, your progress remains every month so you just get more rewards the further you go
Preferably you want to do it before the 14th, but there's no real rush unless you're desperate for Twinkling Sand.

Thanks. Will some day use Auto to get myself to around 13-15 level of each and then take time to manually do few floors more. Now only done Dark to 12 or so.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I think those are just the white trimmings of her normal outfit (at the ends of her gauntlets and skirt)

Make sure to use an Elisanne friend helper for those 3 charges of attack buffs. What other fire adventurers do you have? Xuan Zang is also fairly solid for her defense down, which is higher than Euden's (10% vs 5%)

I have 0 Elisanne friends LOL! I just unbounded Ezelith to 45 mana nodes and Sinoa to 40 Mana Nodes. I put Sarisse to 50 Mana Nodes and upped her bow to a 5.3.1. Just cleared up to level 25 now. Might be able to clear 26 but I can see that being the stopping point. Ezelith isn't as effective as I'd like. I think I can swap in Xuan Zang as my Lance Dojos are pretty high (around 27) while daggers are at 16. I also have better lance weapons.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
can't get pass lv29. Feel like my issue is with Ezelith(dagger) doesn't do enough damage with her S3, the skill has long animation while damage is not so much. Should I replace her?

Status
Not open for further replies.