• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Chat rooms are very non-Nintendo-like and I can't believe we're getting them this soon, or at all. It's one of those wishful things I always wanted in DL but just assumed would never happen, so I'm really thrilled to see that they're coming! Sign me up for the Era alliance when it goes live. :)

Hopefully this implementation goes smoothly to encourage something similar in Fire Emblem Heroes. Just being able to message other players would breathe some much needed freshness into the game, and it's clear that Intelligent Systems is running out of meaningful ideas...

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
So no summer event until next month? They are taking their time.

Edit: I just realized that this What's ahead cover only this month, I wonder why.

Last edited:

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I tend to completely forget about this thread frequently lol.
Hopefully the new director will bring some great changes and additions in the future. This looks like a great start but with that being said I'm not looking forward to Astral Raids one bit. Raids are already quite mindnumbingly grindy-boring repeat content. I far prefer the breaks between raids that we get than when there's an actual raid event ongoing. So for there to be weekend raid grinds now on top of the standard grinding raid events when they appear, blah.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I far prefer the breaks between raids that we get than when there's an actual raid event ongoing. So for there to be weekend raid grinds now on top of the standard grinding raid events when they appear, blah.

Okada said
The boss for Astral Raids will change every week, and sometimes even include bosses you fought in past raid battles. However, Astral Raids will not be available during other raid events.
The number of times you can attempt Astral Raids is limited; however, you'll be able to earn a variety of rewards you can use for upgrading. Our hope is that this will encourage players to complete quests on the weekdays, then spend the weekends playing co-op with each other to upgrade their adventurers.

So, I take that astral raids will not be grindy, and will not overlap with normal raid events, it'll be more like something else to do once in a while.
I wanted something like this in the game since the first raid.

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the concerned camp when it comes to Alliances. My jaded experience with guilds comes from KHUx. KHUx required being in a guild to get unlimited access to other people's high level helper medals; but at the cost of the game becoming like a job with set times everyone needed to play and boost. Events were even worse since it would be a non-stop grind to rank high enough to acquire limited gear that was essential to stay high ranked. Sounds like GBF has a similar mechanic that isn't loved either.

Astral Raids sounds fun. It will be nice to see different raid bosses cycled through and being limited amount of attempts means I don't need to worry about grinding. Hopefully Astral Raids having a limit on how many times it can be played doesn't lead to longer lobby wait times.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The Astral Raid section is a little ambiguous on whether or not the Astral Raid is ONLY available during weekends, or whether it just resets around that time (like on Fridays). Even if you can only complete it a limited amount of times, I do hope folks can still do it with others for less rewards, similar to High Dragons or Nightmare raid chests so they can help out other folks. Even something like being able to do it after succeeding the limited tries for no wing cost but with no rewards as well, since I like helping out new folks when I can.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to write a similar thing, an option to retry the content at no cost would be nice.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds similar to the current limited raids. In events, you farm the boss to get otherworld fragments and then use those fragments to do the raid. In Astral Raids you'll do anything other than the raid on weekdays to get fragments (or whatever they call them) then spend those materials to do the raids on the weekend.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Okada said

So, I take that astral raids will not be grindy, and will not overlap with normal raid events, it'll be more like something else to do once in a while.
I wanted something like this in the game since the first raid.

Yeah, it's explicitly stated that they won't overlap with Event Raids. The issue I have, and while I appreciate that it actually states...
The number of times you can attempt Astral Raids is limited
It also states...
Tackle quests Monday through Friday to earn astral pieces, which can be used to fight bosses in Astral Raids on Saturday and Sunday.
I personally interpret that as the number of times you can attempt Astral Raids is based upon how hard you grinded for astral pieces during the week.
I hope I'm wrong lol.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since we're getting free summons on the weekends, I'll take part on my F2P no pulls alt in order to keep track of all the free summons we get, but I probably won't use anything I get in order to still get an idea of what it's like when you never utilize the gacha. I guess I should be calling it the "never spending Wyrmite or summon vouchers" alt instead of no pulls once that comes out, but hopefully I can come up with a better name.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I personally interpret that as the number of times you can attempt Astral Raids is based upon how hard you grinded for astral pieces during the week.
I hope I'm wrong lol.
Yeah, it could also work like that. For me it wouldn't be an issue, I'd simply do the runs I feel I want to do anyway, it doesn't matter if I'm missing out.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Since we're getting free summons on the weekends, I'll take part on my F2P no pulls alt in order to keep track of all the free summons we get, but I probably won't use anything I get in order to still get an idea of what it's like when you never utilize the gacha. I guess I should be calling it the "never spending Wyrmite or summon vouchers" alt instead of no pulls once that comes out, but hopefully I can come up with a better name.

Ooh yeah, this is a tricky situation for your alt, huh? You could start calling it your "NOTTE" account, short for "NO T(ickets or Wyrmi)TE". 🥴

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Switched my building focus to fire & shadow for upcoming events. Gonna run out of fire orbs soon though =/ Also can't get much further on dojos since now im grinding Zodiark.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
You may want to do the math to see where you'd be after trade shop conversion (I can share a version of my spreadsheet for this if people are interested?). I'll only have tier 3 orbs left, but I can max all of them.

Also... again, I definitely understand the fears about Alliances. Any sort of ranking based thing, individual or alliance-based, is offputting for me as well. I'm fine with working together, but I'd rather it not be something where we need to be The Best Of The Best to be rewarded. Obviously contributing to certain goals can be too much pressure to begin with, but it's at least more reasonable than having to do way more than everyone else too.

But for now, they basically seem like chat rooms you can co-op from. And I wonder what the size will be, and if they will be fully exclusive and you can't be in multiple. Feels like it sorta defeats the point of solving room issues if I'm limited to one group. Dunno.

...I guess there's also that I think there's nothing right now beyond endeavors that's really judged by killing something x number of times, nor anything that's about doing some amount of damage. I guess I don't really know what GBF and to even greater degree Priconne are like, but it feels like they're much more complicated gameplay-wise than DL in a way that allows for this kind of thing. Not really sure what metric they could seriously use. Similarly there's no "be on at a specific time for access" thing that's not full-day availability right now.

EDIT: gah, it ate my edit when I switched tabs to check soemthing

But wanted to add- Astral raids probably will be grindy but it depends on how they handle drops. If what's gained changes each week, over time you likely can stop running dragon/print upgrades as much since there's a practical limit to how much of those you really need to max out. Weapons, if you stock up for the 5.3s you're making and all that. It'd mostly be adventurer items that you'll want the most of, I'd think.

...if anything, it might actually be something worth using ashes to do.

Last edited:

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Edit: I just realized that this What's ahead cover only this month, I wonder why.
Noticed that too, maybe Okada wants to do these "Whats next" things monthly instead of bi-monthly for the sake of more consistent communication since he did a ton of it back when battlechamps existed

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I know Chocolatiers and Heralds of Hinomoto are considered upper tier but are the any other limited wyrmprints that I should save keys for? Is there a list of limited prints out there?

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I know Chocolatiers and Heralds of Hinomoto are considered upper tier but are the any other limited wyrmprints that I should save keys for? Is there a list of limited prints out there?

Most are niche, save for Chocolatiers which singlehandedly makes Albert/Natalie busted in general and others busted in quick content.

Beyond what's been mentioned, Happy New Year is probably Botan's best bet for the High Dragon Trial coming up. There's a 4* version of it, but it grants less Light Res. There are also past welfare Wyrmprints that got buffed to 50% Skill Prep, which work well enough on AI characters with 5* Void Weapons giving them the other 50% Skill Prep.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I am playing DL every day now so I thought I should just join the discussion.
I was a day one player, but dropped a few months later. I start playing again since the FEH.

Got some great pull during the FEH event, but since the Eastern Emissaries rerun, it had been nothing but terrible pulls.
Since then I have been saving up wyrmite for this. Got Natellie with the free 10 pull ticket, so I just keep saving all the wyrmite. I didn't think it will be that easy to save that much.

It was fun to play the new trials. I dropped at first because it was too easy and felt like I was just chasing the events. It was also probably because I was the one between my friends that got Hildegarde, so I had to be the healer of my group all the time.

Looking forward to the one year anniversary.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Alrighty, first ever gacha summon from the free daily deal on my F2P NOTTE pulling account got me Xiao Lei. Out of all the 3*'s, she's one of my favorites because of her design and great team buff, so that's neat. I probably won't use her but now I can see the free non-voucher summons we've gotten has been the tutorial summon and one free daily deal summon so far.

TcWnudo.jpg
LrPhhW7.jpg

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Xiao Lei is probably who I'm going to use for the last High Dragon Trial, if I can get away with it. "Free" Daily Deal got me a 3*, but it was nice to do because I'm out of Dia anyway and not planning on buying more until I see how Alliances pan out.

I've been throwing all of my Ticket fodder at this banner. I would normally do that anyway, but I could really stand to benefit from Shinobi, and I'm decently interested in Yaten.

Naturally, I've pulled a swarm of uninteresting dupes instead. 4x Natalie, Laranoa (dupe), Cerberus (#7), Xainfried (dupe #4 or so), and Nidhogg (#2...but its Nidhogg :/). Normally this would be hype due to the massive Eldwater income, but just clearing Blazon boxes has made that part less interesting. I've sold around 15 of the 5* Wyrmprint, 65 random assorted 4*/3* prints, and most of the welfare prints. This event has let me full invest in multiple non-5* characters from scratch, putting 3* Melody and 4* Norrin to 50 Mana Circle and about halfway to whoever I wanna max next.

I'm mostly interested in AI characters and lead DPS that don't require Chocolatiers. Natalie may be great, but she's neither of those roles. She's better than Ieyasu much of the time, but not in AI hands and not when Champion's Testaments are in short supply.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Reading the F2P no pull Reddit guy's post, seems like he'll also be at least taking the free summons, but he's leaving the option of actually using them in a poll. I play it somewhat differently since I don't use my tutorial summon Orion while he does use his Eleonara, so he's a lot more open to using non story/welfare stuff in general.

I think it's definitely possible to get my daily Nightmare chest on my F2P NOTTE spending account since he's been getting it, since I also invest in a lot more of my units than he does. However, I've been pretty iffy on going for it since I hate the feeling of getting carried. Even with my Botan having completely maxed out mana circles and a MUB 5.3, using off-element DPS's and/or Cleo means I'm definitely not contributing as much as folks who do the bare necessity of building up 4 decent dark DPS's to a reasonable level, and I'd rather just wait until I can at least have 4 dark adventurers with 5.3 weapons for the DPS's to compensate for not having great dragons.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I keep wanting to play this, but the reroll hell is misery. How necessary is it to reroll my first roll?

Not really necessary. Almost the entire roster in this game is varying degrees or good to useful. There's a handful I'd recommend *not* having on a first roll but that's only a tiny handful.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I keep wanting to play this, but the reroll hell is misery. How necessary is it to reroll my first roll?

It really isn't. You're going to earn so many pulls in your first month regardless of when you join, if you're active.

You're guaranteed a 5* character from launch period (about two-thirds of which are actually still good), and a 10-pull which will at minimum given you a 4* character or dragon and nine other characters/dragons. 3* characters are all usable to some extent, with some of them being the best at whatever niche they do.

For a new player, I would specifically recommend dodging Hawk/Nefaria. Bows are not in a great player-controlled spot right now, and mostly shine thanks to their underrated Co-Ability, which you as a new player won't be maxing anytime soon. Any of the other seven should be fine.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
You can basically clear most of the content in this game with just 3* and 4* characters. There are people in this thread that have done it with only freebie characters and dragons.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd say Xainfried is basically outclassed by Elisanne (the free story water adventurer), so he wouldn't be ideal as well.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I'd say Xainfried is basically outclassed by Elisanne (the free story water adventurer), so he wouldn't be ideal as well.

Yeah, and we could also say that Ezelith has no role. But for a new player, the iframes will do fine.

As a new player, someone who just needs a workable starting team with no Eldwater investment, Xainfried is fine. You use him while Lv80/5* Xainfried outperforms Lv70/4* Elisanne, and later on, his weapon transfers to her without a problem. I do the same thing myself with Cibella - sometimes I don't need the rapid Shields, so I can flex over to Elisanne or Jakob for a speedier clear.

The only real duds that would give a bad impression to a new player are the 5* Bows that aren't Gala Sarisse. This is a player that doesn't want to min/max their rerolls.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd only say Hawk and Nefaria are worth rerolling. And maybe moreso Hawk, but now that we actually have more permanent dark 5*s Nefaria's definitely faring even worse. I agree with Xuande on Ezelith/Xain, and that still leaves you with a decent % of someone even better anyway.

meanwhile I gotta cash out of the prior event's shop real fast before it's gone and I have 0 idea what to get out of what's left; I have like uhhhh 3000 insignias and 2000 royals currently, so more of those ain't ideal, but those tablets are the three I have the most of, and everything else feels like a waste too...

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I have been on fire lately with the Tickets from this event. From the last ~20 or so, I've gotten a ton of off-focus 5* Dragons. First copies of Garuda and Zephyr, third Jeanne, plus the last Simurgh I needed to go MUB.

I now have a 3699 HP/1109 Shield Cibella on Helper, with 10% Dragon Prep as a kicker. That's as good as it gets until we get a pure HP 5* Water Dragon, and judging by how unpopular those are, I'm not counting on it anytime soon. Well, and Altars/Dojos/Enhancements of course.

I still want Shinobi and Yaten, but I can't complain at all about how profitable this event has been for grinding.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday's free draw I received a Cerb and a four star dupe for daily deal. I then daily dealed a three star and then duped another cerb with the daily deal today. Gacha is weird.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
My free summon was a 4-star that instantly switched to 5-star upon landing. Which turned out to be Natalie.

I already have fully maxed Ieyasu though. Is it worth spending resources on Natalie?

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
My free summon was a 4-star that instantly switched to 5-star upon landing. Which turned out to be Natalie.

I already have fully maxed Ieyasu though. Is it worth spending resources on Natalie?

Do you own Chocolatiers, the 5* Limited Wyrmprint from the Valentines event? That's probably the single biggest factor differentiating the two.

Natalie is significantly more damaging than any other Shadow character in shorter missions, provided she has access to Chocolatiers. She's a slam dunk if you own that Wyrmprint and don't have an aversion to controlling Blade-type weapons. Like Albert, she is reliant on charging her high cost Skill 2 before she really gets going, and Chocolatiers is the main way to do so.

Without Chocolatiers, you get a character who has similar damage output to Ieyasu. Good news, she doesn't contest for Bleed while doing it, making her a good candidate for High Dragon Trials/Nightmare/Mercurial content if you can avoid dying. Bad news, she self-harms which makes her bad in AI/Auto hands.

I have Ieyasu at Mana Circle 45 myself, but without a serious dedicated weapon. I decided that it wasn't worth it at this time for me to invest into Natalie, but she's still worth keeping an eye on if I get stuck on high-end Shadow content in the future. She synergizes poorly with my only good Shadow Dragon (MUB Nyar), and I own neither Shinobi (best option for both characters) nor Marishiten (second best option).

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Woop, my free summon and my daily summon today increased my pity rate so I used 10 single summon tickets out of the 54 I had to increase it further and then used one of my tenfold summon tickets
The gold dragon turned into a rainbow dragon and I got Shinobi who is exactly who I wanted.

The hoarding for limited banners continues!

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
May use some single tickets as well near the end. I still hav 103 singles and 2 multis. I could do over 30 ten pulls at the moment... xD

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently I did start and link a while ago. I haven't done anything but the initial roll. Is this decent enough to get myself going?

Mikoto is a great blade adventurer that is always seen in endgame High Dragon Trials and Melody is an amazing buffer. Juggernaut and Vody will be great to have since they are both strength dragons.

Make sure to try to get far enough into the story to unlock the current event Fortune from Afar. The current event adventurer Botan you can get from the event is a great free unit to have.

The next event is a Fire event so you have plenty of adventurers to tackle that with Euden, Mikoto, Ezelith and either Vanessa or the story healer.

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Mikoto is a great blade adventurer that is always seen in endgame High Dragon Trials and Melody is an amazing buffer. Juggernaut and Vody will be great to have since they are both strength dragons.

Make sure to try to get far enough into the story to unlock the current event Fortune from Afar. The current event adventurer Botan you can get from the event is a great free unit to have.

The next event is a Fire event so you have plenty of adventurers to tackle that with Euden, Mikoto, Ezelith and either Vanessa or the story healer.

Awesome, thanks. I'll start rolling with this then!

Is there any good starter purchases worth making for a minor spender for gacha games?

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Is there one I should absolutely grab for the guaranteed summon?

Also, where do I get fragments to do the event raid?
Most would probably say to pick Hildegarde as she's a healer that can be used pretty much everywhere, and give you a much easier start for clearing and unlocking content.

Since you got some stronger Fire units already I won't recommend that from the Dream Summon if you choose to do it. For individual elements if you don't go with Hildegarde, I would choose:
Water - Xander
Wind - Lin You or Maribelle
Light - Albert
Shadow - Curran or Heinwald

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Is there one I should absolutely grab for the guaranteed summon?

Also, where do I get fragments to do the event raid?
For my first Dream Summon; I went with Hildegarde. Light element has no weaknesses so I had Hildegarde on every team starting off. Her healing is arguably best in game and it makes all types of content easier to handle early on. Even later on once you start pulling on-element healers; you can have her in parties as a secondary healer to help auto-complete Expert level content.

You can also look for a DPS unit for an element you're lacking. Water might not be necessary since the free story water adventurer is currently one of the best. Wind you can look at either Maribelle (Wand) or Lin You (Axe).

I'd hesitate to recommend a Light or Dark DPS since their High Dragon's haven't been announced so it's uncertain who will be viable. I learned that the hard way with maxing my Xainfried before the gameplay changes. RIP Xainfried meta.

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys - decided to go with Hildegarde. Makes sense to grab a healer!

So for now, should I just be holding onto my summon tickets and Wyrmite? Is there a good website that has good tips and guides for newer players on how to optimize spending, progression, etc?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys - decided to go with Hildegarde. Makes sense to grab a healer!

So for now, should I just be holding onto my summon tickets and Wyrmite? Is there a good website that has good tips and guides for newer players on how to optimize spending, progression, etc?

I'd actually spend on the current banner if only to get one of the three on focus. Three absolutely amazing units are on it, and any one of them will be useful for you long-term. Natalie is considerably harder to use than Yaten, and Shinobi is a dragon but a very good one.

Otherwise, save for Gala banners is a good idea (Gala happens every other month on the 27th-30th). Gala has increased rates for 5*s and brings about new Gala units which are good units with a twist usually.

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a guide going into details on Wyrmprints? They've been the only thing I've been completely ignoring as a newish player.

Status
Not open for further replies.