• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the early progression, I think you'll mainly want to just clear the whole story and then start getting the various dailies on the hardest difficulty you can. You will also want to get into the event and max friendship with Botan as was previously suggested- since you level so fast and therefore have a ton of extra energy early on, this shouldn't be hard at all if you just keep her in your party for everything.

It's a little hard to tell what new players should focus on specifically, especially with what's changed over time. Generally I'd just say you want to start getting+leveling buildings. Weapons are a bit tricky since they're restricted by your smithy level, among other resources, hmm.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a guide going into details on Wyrmprints? They've been the only thing I've been completely ignoring as a newish player.
I've been using the following:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually spend on the current banner if only to get one of the three on focus. Three absolutely amazing units are on it, and any one of them will be useful for you long-term. Natalie is considerably harder to use than Yaten, and Shinobi is a dragon but a very good one.

Otherwise, save for Gala banners is a good idea (Gala happens every other month on the 27th-30th). Gala has increased rates for 5*s and brings about new Gala units which are good units with a twist usually.

Gave it a go and came away with Natalie and a 5* dragon Liger that I tossed on Hildegarde. Got a few 4* and a bunch of other 3*, but I feel like I'm good for now. Working my way through the story now that I maxed friendship with Botan.

Game reminds me a bit of Monster Strike (RIP) in the way the experience is structured. Feels like you can do most content through brute force, but I get the impression that the highest level stuff will require skill and careful team comps.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the limits listed on wyrmprints are a global maximum (so including dragon, adventurer and weapon abilities) or just a maximum for wyrmprints?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's only a max for prints. Otherwise I think some characters would have abilities with numbers that are past the cap already. Keep in mind that the caps exist purely to balance the second print slot, which (and maybe this is unknown context for the new players) did not originally exist.

The caps also are shared across conditions- a raw strength increase and >% HP strength increase share the same cap. Same for skill damage being only for one weapon and then also non-conditional, etc. But stuff like the strength buff of Last Offense is separate from the strength cap, because that has its own cap of the level of Last Offense. And so on.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
DL fans are inadvertently DAOKO fans by proxy considering the game's entire soundtrack (aside from the Resplendent Refrain event) is DAOKO.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
DL fans are inadvertently DAOKO fans by proxy considering the game's entire soundtrack (aside from the Resplendent Refrain event) is DAOKO.
The soundtrack excerpts from the Dragalia Direct video was what convinced me to download the game day 1.

I was gonna do it anyway because Cygames + Nintendo, but that was the thing that caught my attention the most :P

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Hit 10k team power today. Grinding out the event and doing campaign when I'm bored. Been a successful 24 hours haha.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else noticed that the wyrmprint droprate for IO in coop seems much higher than for solo?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So what are good wyrmprints for Heinwald? I'm kinda stuck on dark adventurers, and while I'm pretty sure I won't be able to beat nightmare this time around, I want to give my dark team a boost.

So I have Heinwald, Nefaria and Sazanka at 5*, with a 4* Botan rounding it out. 2x UB marshiten, no unbound Shinobi, MUB Juggernaut, MUB Silke and no unbound Nyarthelop.

Just looking for ideas

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
F2P NOTTE spending alt pulled Alain as my 2nd free daily summon pull. Less enthused about him compared to Xiao Lei, especially since I have Xuan Zang, but having another person on the home screen ain't bad. Total non-voucher free summons we've has since launch have been 1 tutorial summon and 2 daily deal summons so far. For any new folks, this month has a promotion where the weekend has free daily deal summons for a total of 8 free summons, so make sure to check the summoning screen those days (there will be a "Free Daily Deal" icon on atop the summoning tab that periodically alternates with the banner name icon).

KwcJe3H.jpg
Oxj7AFB.jpg

Hit 10k team power today. Grinding out the event and doing campaign when I'm bored. Been a successful 24 hours haha.

Really solid progress so far! Keep in mind that the most important takeaways from this raid event are the adventurer Botan from maxing friendship, 5 copies of the raid dragon Shishimai (to max unbind him) from 4 lotto boxes/1 silver emblem reward, and possibly 5 copies of the exclusive Wyrmprint Luck of the Draw from Emblem rewards/lotto boxes because these are all exclusive to this raid. Every other reward can be obtained from any future raid events, so no need to stress about getting everything if you don't have the time.

Anyone else noticed that the wyrmprint droprate for IO in coop seems much higher than for solo?

I'm not sure that's the case (would need a lot of trials to see if there's a statistical difference) since I mostly just solo IO these days, but it'd make sense if they wanted to promote more co-op.

So what are good wyrmprints for Heinwald? I'm kinda stuck on dark adventurers, and while I'm pretty sure I won't be able to beat nightmare this time around, I want to give my dark team a boost.

So I have Heinwald, Nefaria and Sazanka at 5*, with a 4* Botan rounding it out. 2x UB marshiten, no unbound Shinobi, MUB Juggernaut, MUB Silke and no unbound Nyarthelop.

Just looking for ideas

Specifically for raids, having at least two of your AI equipped with Dragon/Shapeshift Prep is best so you can immediately dragon when the raid starts if everyone brings it. It's also fine to have all 3 AI's with Dragon Prep if you don't have better Wyrmprints, but healers will generally be the first to have Dragon Prep. All 4 Dragon Prep Wyrmprints provide the same boost, even the 2* Dragon Arcanum that's easily farmable from the Shadowsteep/Windmaul Ruins (the place you farm elemental orbs), so pick whichever fits your budget to have 2-3 MUB copies.

Beyond that, since we're talking about Raid, I believe Damage Wyrmprints would be best for Heinwald, so any generic 30% Skill Damage Print like Resounding Rendition or Valiant Crown would provide the best DPS boost (RR provides the best generic DPS boost out of all of them, and welfare Wyrmprints from past events like Hitting the Books or Plunder Pals are fine as budget options if you were there for their events). If you want something more hybrid-like, Jewels of the Sun would give him a strength boost for both his S1 and auto attacks while also giving him skill haste so he can use his S1 more often for both Damage and heals. In that same vein, the limited Wyrmprint Heralds of Hinomoto would be good to grab during any Eastern Emissaries banner re-runs in the future if you don't own it already, especially to combo with Jewels of the Sun.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have heralds of hinamoto (in fact I accidentally bought six of them last time it came around)

Resounding rendition sounds like something that would be a good general purpose WP, maybe that jewels of the sun

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, Resounding Rendition is the Best-in-Slot for a lot of DPS adventurers. Take this data with a grain of salt since it assumes optimal scenarios (basically only the Mercurial Gauntlet is the most applicable content, and just for the 60s data), but this DPS sim chart has Wyrmprint combos for ideal damage output (also using best dragons and MUB 5.3 core weapons), and most adventurers use RR.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019

Just looking for ideas

If you really want to up your Raid game, go one step further than Numberfox's advice and invest in MUB The Bridal Dragon (5*, near the top of the list in Wyrmprint shop) for your Dragon-controlled character. Even in Nightmare a significant percentage of the fight is spent in Dragon form, and if you bring 40% Dragon Prep instead of 30%, you cover that need for a higher percentage of rooms.

Now, if you're using a strategy where you swap to the Silke AI character to inflict Defense Down, give that character Bridal Dragon and your other AI cheaper Prep prints, but give your player-controlled character two DPS Wyrmprints. If you're not using a Silke swap, consider doing so if you need that extra push towards consistent clears. The formula for damage when factoring Defense Down is 100% / (100% - Defense Down %), where Defense Down % is capped at 50%. One Silke can make the entire Raid of 16 characters deal 11.1% more damage, while four Silke can amp the Raid by 66.6% more damage! This is why Defense Down is so damn strong for Mercurial Gauntlet/Raids/Co-Op Bosses - it stacks with itself favorably, and always affects the entire room if they're hitting the same target.

To get the most out of Silke, swap to the AI controlling her, transform, then swap back to your main DPS. The AI will use Silke's skill for you, and you can go back to optimizing your weapon damage.

As for Heinwald, he's actually competitive with Nefaria for damage (though her Co-Ability is far more relevant, he outdamages her before factoring that in). Any generic Skill Damage+30% Wyrmprint will do, with Resounding Rendition being the usual choice. Put Dragon Prep in the other slot. In the long run, consider trying to find non-Bleed damage dealers that can replace both - Sazanka/Botan do most of the damage in your party assuming equal gear, but you don't want too many Bleed users since Bleed caps at three stacks. In a Raid of 16 where Bleed characters and Marishiten are already popular, that cap is hit quickly.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, more wyrmite for a simple bug fix. So generous.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
A reminder/heads up for new folks, you want to have an available wyrmsmith when we get the upcoming fire facility event happening in less than 48 hours. As the name implies, we get a facility that can be leveled to 30, and it's best to max it out ASAP since it also gives bonus damage for the event. Just make sure you don't have all your wyrmsmiths on day long build times when you start playing the event.

Also, you can definitely get some real good rewards from Shishimai boxes, which literally rival Nightmare chest drops. Got double key fragments from an EX and a Damascus crystal from an Expert on my F2P NOTTE spending alt.

cpcz

Oct 28, 2017
New Donk CIty
Are these the ones that cost 30 premium currency? Is that worth it as a new player to take advantage of?

Also, my main team is at 11k now. I am slowly building up new units.

Should I be focusing on mono teams or just building the strongest available?

A daily summon is great if you wanna complete your *3 rooster or extra 300 daily eldwater later. You can buy certain value pack for this.

For building teams, I suggest you prepare the team for the next event and then build team for certain content you want to complete. I dunno if this optimal but that's I've been doing since day one

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
A daily summon is great if you wanna complete your *3 rooster or extra 300 daily eldwater later. You can buy certain value pack for this.

For building teams, I suggest you prepare the team for the next event and then build team for certain content you want to complete. I dunno if this optimal but that's I've been doing since day one

Noted, thanks!

Did the ballsy thing and bought a welcome pack (only had 3 of the 5*) and scored Lucretia. That was pretty exciting. I'll start using my Dia for daily summons moving forward!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Daily will certainly get you many discouraging 3*s (though early on that's probably still nice), but you'll get lucky too. I've gotten my share of 5*s from it - first one this banner got me Natalie right away, even - and even at worst it's like $10/month, which I'm fine paying for.

The best rate of dia/$ are the one time $8 Beginner pack, the one time $10 pack (the one day bonus storage?), and then from there you want the $10 7 day resources pack. That one works out to be 800 something dia, and you can get it again as soon as the 7 days are up. So given how long they've ran them for both times so far, you should always be able to do a Dream Summon for ~$15.

(I may have missed one pack? Not sure.)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Renee seems to have bog on her S1, and her S2 seems to be an attack that applies defense up, and either also applies HP regen or she has a passive similar to Rena where she gets HP regen each time a defense buff is received.

Here's the in-game showcase info, and it seems both 5* sisters have a passive that buffs the controlled character whenever the controlled character uses their S1, which is unique but fitting for blacksmith characters. Maybe Renee will have one too.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...man, I was really out of it tonight.

Absolutely did not realize I hadn't done most of my dailies because I just quickly dumped everything into the event/IO this morning and then only touched it a bit tonight, ugh. Didn't exactly lose out on much, but it sucks to know I could have realized it ~10 minutes sooner and quickly skip ticketed what was left for the endeavors. Or just done it at any point before then. First time I've really not been on top of that; usually I'm kinda paranoid about making sure I didn't forget a daily or to feed a dragon and such, and the one time I don't check... welp

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Rena best onee-san.

Thankfully she's not limited, so she can always spook me later or I can ticket her.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Rena would actually pretty nice for me since she can use the same katana I built for Mikoto while covering sleep content.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So likely a Sleep inflicting event? I pulled Naveed with my free weekend pull; but figured he'd stay 0MC since I've already built up Marth and Karl. Looks like Naveed won't end up being a bench warmer after all. I wonder if Vixel will be a better option than Verica.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Even if the event is sleep focused I'm still going to use Mym, cant put me to sleep if I'm a dragon

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I cracked open Blazon Box 30 last night and think my grind will end there. I was able to get 5 of my focus Wyrmprints to max level; collect 26 Summon Tickets and enough Light Orbs to max my Altars along the way.

I should probably start saving Holy Water again in case High Jupiter requires his Wyrmprint to survive the opening blast.

Any specific Wymprints I should prep for the sleep status on this upcoming event?
Samurai Siesta is a 4* Sleep Resist Wyrmprint; but I'd hold off until it's confirmed that the Event enemies inflict Sleep. We might also get a new Wyrmprint from the event with Sleep Resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.