• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Lazry is a girl, right? The game refers to her as "he", but she uses the watashi pronoun.

Edit: Yep. I checked the Chinese translation, and Lazry is referred to as female there as well.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Rena checks so many of my boxes, I need her. Definitely on my list to ticket her, assuming she doesn't spook me earlier.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My first run through Master and I clear everything (including the missions themselves). I guess that's what happens when you've been palying since launch and have had great luck with fire adventurers/dragons.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
With my meager summoning reserves I managed to get 2/3 of the sisters (missing Rena) and Arctos! God I hope I can scrounge together enough wyrmite to do a couple more summons for Rena before the end of the event

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out my save from my old phone is lost and I have to restart Dragalia Lost from the beginning. Is there anything I should look out for as someone who hasn't played in like 1 1/2 years? Anything I should specifically do? Like pull wise etc?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah having a totally stacked fire team destroyed Master Challenge. Did it with a level 10 facility without bothering to put any sleep immune characters on the team.

My lead was Vanessa with The Heroes Arrive and Together We Stand. If you have a good axe user and those prints you can just charge up a Force Strike in the middle of the map and wipe out most of each wave right at the start and get those strength boosts going.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
No luck on the sisters, but I got 2 copies of fire bear, a Posiedon, and a Freyja. So I guess that's cool. Should I unbind fire bear or keep 2 copies?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got really lucky! <3

Albert, Renee and Ramona within 30 single pulls. Made a 5T3 Sword for Albert (from 5T2 MUB) and a 5T3 Axe for Ramona (from zero). Also made another 5T2 Sword, which is back to 2UB now. And now I am broke. Literally. Before doing dailies I was down to 30k gold after buying the water and fruits.

Bought 2 copies of Kung-Fu Masters, now that I have a good Axe unit. It's now at 2 UB. Also brought Albert to 46 and Ramona to 47 mana circles and only stopped there because of Eldwater and no more Champion's Testament.

So next project: 50/50 Ramona and Albert and try to slowly MUB their weapons. I have 2 Ingots left, so I could increase some weapons. Also have 3 golden keys left which I could use on prints.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Turns out my save from my old phone is lost and I have to restart Dragalia Lost from the beginning. Is there anything I should look out for as someone who hasn't played in like 1 1/2 years? Anything I should specifically do? Like pull wise etc?

We're most likely gonna get a Gala at the end of this month, where the 5* rates are increased from 4% to 6%, so it's best to save your pulls until then. For the facility event happening right now, it's best to focus on getting a level 30 facility, everything else is fairly optional since we trade Elwater for Wyrmprints now (so the event Wyrmprint isn't as important as before outside of event point grinding) and the rest of the rewards will all appear in future events if you can't do it all right now as a new account.

No luck on the sisters, but I got 2 copies of fire bear, a Posiedon, and a Freyja. So I guess that's cool. Should I unbind fire bear or keep 2 copies?

If the fire bear's Strength buff is the best you have, then I'd say keep them separate, but only level one of them up. If you pull more Ifrit's or 5* offensive fire dragons to replace the 2nd fire bear, then that'd be a good time to unbind.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
why were there so many fricking episodes without the material given... don't get me wrong, the story was pretty fun, but I just wanted to get that facility building so I could sleep - and so I could level and dump all the wings into materials - and even with me staying up way way too late, instead it didn't really build at all over night and I have to quickly deal with leveling this morning

they should give more of it throughout so you can get started, and it's always super frustrating when you have to wait for the facility to level to do more quests, for no reason

Anyway. After the raid (mainly its endeavors, really) I had 119 single tickets so I wanted to burn some. Did the daily and then the first single got me a Levi dupe, which was nice after all this time with him 0UB as I can probably just unbind. Then I did 10 tickets -> the recent 10 ticket + a 10 from wyrmite.

First 10 got me Ramona! And the second... mostly water, mostly from copies of Karl, but that's on me for still doing a second. Honestly... both from her role in the story and from wanting a blade co-ability, probably Rena's the one I wanted more, but it'll be fun to mess around with using Ramona today. Sounds like she might be pretty strong, even if she has decent competition in fire?

Generally speaking, you want to keep them separate until you can make one MUB or if you literally will not ever use the copy too. Which for me usually means 1. they're an HP dragon or 2. you have 3 other dragons that are just as strong or better.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Did a single 10-pull to try and nab Ramona cause I love her but all I got was a dupe Hawk. Meh, still saving for the next limited unit.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I really need any of the stuff in this banner. Feel like Fire adventurers have been so plentiful, even just counting welfare ones.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
and ayyyyy got the 3rd sister from a few summon tickets earned in the mettle pool. With those three and the bear that's a wrap on this banner. I'm so fortunate to only have to spend 4.8k on tenfolds and about 30 single tickets but I'm basically flat broke now going into whatever is next.

I find it extremely difficult to not pull on any given banner at least a little bit so it's extremely rare that i accrue even 10k wyrmite, something I should probably work on. But I'm very glad I got the Smithing Sisters.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to beat Master Mode at level 10 facility but the troll killed off one of my party members during the last 10 seconds with a body slam =/

I'm tired of fighting trolls in challenge mode. We just fought one during a Wish to the Winds! I'm glad this event is only 10 days though.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018

As someone said earlier, wait until the Gala to pull. Should only be ~2 weeks away. You'll have a better rate to get 5*s in general and bi-monthly limited characters that are generally great will also be in the pool. Try to do as much of the current event as you can as the boosts from the facilities really help long and short term.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Apparently Ramona has crazy Skill Damage from her S1, so her ideal setup from the Damage sims is Sakuya with Kung Fu Masters and Tough Love. However, keep in mind this is just the initial results and might change within the next few days as more stuff is tested. That being said, she seems to literally have the highest damage potential out of any fire adventurer so far, comparing favorably to Marth, Mikoto, and Sarisse.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Don't sleep on the new 5* non-welfare Wyrmprint.

If you're in the habit of using Auto for harder content, its great in AI hands. Think of it as a banked Skill Prep 75% that also provides most of what you want out of Stellar Show/FP/Warrioresses. Since the AI rarely uses Force Strike except to burn Overdrive meter, you're getting burst damage exactly when most Auto teams need it most.

Regarding Ramona, she doesn't provide team buffs outside of triggering Doublebuff and Sarisse synergies. She's all-in on her Skill 1, which requires some amount of aiming. I don't know how it compares to having to aim Takemikazuchi (who is very underrated for the same reason as Ramona!), but it probably isn't free guaranteed damage against mobile targets. Marth still has his Skill 2 abuse vs marathon content, and Sarisse still has Bow's underrated Co-Ability, so I wouldn't exactly call power creep on them just yet.

However, the 3* characters who are focused on DPS are starting to be forced out of reasonable viability. I think these Strength+20%/Skill Damage+70% Dragons were a mistake, if this is the kind of diversity we're going to have on natural 5* DPS characters. Even some of the former 4* DPS staples are starting to look silly, when most of the launch roster wasn't built around stupid level of skill burst damage.

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
what are these 3* characters you mention??!

i think the last one was... marty?

lately it's all 5* with a single 4* to keep appearances, and sometimes not even that

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Some of the launch 3* were actually reasonable DPS leads for a long time, until the last couple of months or so. Marty is garbage, but before him we got Xiao Lei who actually puts the current Light Wands to shame. H.Edward was considered a great option for the original facility event. There's several 3* characters with Skill Damage or Force Strike passives that were decent because of it (Althemia, Xania, Erik, etc). But they're all getting significantly less benefit from the Str+Skill Damage Dragons, making them fall down the DPS tree harder.

Now, if your 3* isn't doing something very special, its getting time to retire them. And that's sad, because it harms F2P viability during the retention period where they can't just fill mono-element teams with full 4*/5* lineups.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
We're most likely gonna get a Gala at the end of this month, where the 5* rates are increased from 4% to 6%, so it's best to save your pulls until then. For the facility event happening right now, it's best to focus on getting a level 30 facility, everything else is fairly optional since we trade Elwater for Wyrmprints now (so the event Wyrmprint isn't as important as before outside of event point grinding) and the rest of the rewards will all appear in future events if you can't do it all right now as a new account.

As someone said earlier, wait until the Gala to pull. Should only be ~2 weeks away. You'll have a better rate to get 5*s in general and bi-monthly limited characters that are generally great will also be in the pool. Try to do as much of the current event as you can as the boosts from the facilities really help long and short term.

Thanks you two very much! Gonna hoard the crystals until then and try to get as far as I can storywise and do the event with the story characters. :A

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got Ramona after my Second 10-Pull, stopping now I think (despite wanting that bear lol). Got her to 40MC for now and we'll see how she goes.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't think having the 5* adventurer generally being stronger than the 3* counterpart harms F2P viability in of itself; it comes down to whether or not that extra strength is required. Right now it doesn't really matter how broken a fire adventurer is because literally any 3* can clear HMS (there's been confirmed double Joe and solo-heal Aurien clears), so the extra DPS is very much a luxury instead of a requirement. Ricardt was even made MORE viable for HBH with the double burn-res Wyrmprints. Below that tier of content, literally everything else has been clear-able with 3* adventurers and MUB 4* dragons (with a lot of it also being clearable solely with welfare units), so a person doesn't have to replace Erik with Curran or Xania with School Maribelle if that extra DPS isn't even necessary. If they release content where you could ONLY clear with 5* adventurers, then that would be a legitimate reason for concern, like if the content after High Dragons, Astral Raids, or a raid difficulty above Nightmare needed all nat 5* adventurers for the additional DPS to even clear it. Until that point though, I don't see a particular issue with 5*'s being stronger if it continues to be a luxury as opposed to a requirement.

The new Augment system arguably benefits the lower stated adventurers more because it lessens the stat ratio difference between adventurers. For example, the stat difference between Aoi's 494 Strength and Mikoto's 520 Strength is a roughly 5.2% increase, but with augments of say, 20 points to both their Strength's, it's now only a 5.0% increase. It lessens the gap on top of now making Aoi's strength closer to Mikoto's strength pre-augment, making her even more viable.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Sister's Day Out to drop from the EX boss. Going back and forth on whether to actually use it during the event. On one hand I'd like to be done with point by the time Chapter 9 drops and I don't think I'm going to hit the 250k/day I'd need to do that with just the freebie prints. On the other hand, I had a huge points multiplier during the last rerun event and cleared 1 million the morning of the second day and then was floundering around trying to get stuff from the Treasure Trade since I cleared so fast.

I guess just the one couldn't hurt?

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
With proper play, all of that is true, but all it takes is a trip to Void Zephyr/Agni Co-Op to get reminded about how awful the average player is. And I used to think Naveed (my closest analog to Aoi, the top 3* Fire DPS) was well suited for Zephyr, until Marth came along and got way faster kills, with or without Samurai Siesta. Marth is so strong that he can get away with a 5* Elemental and still Break Zephyr solo before pillar fires off, without making use of A Mother's Love over DPS Wyrmprints!

Augments are going to reinforce the meta rather than diversify it. You'll make the strong stronger first, because player-controlled characters are far more important for Co-Op reasons. Likewise, expect to see a lot of +50/+50 Resounding Renditions before seeing more niche Wyrmprints augmented. In theory, since Augments are a flat bonus, they proportionally benefit lower stat things, but the percentage difference is only ~5% with promoted 3* characters and ~3% with promoted 4* at a base level.

I look at Ricardt, the first adventurer I promoted to 5* rarity, and I see a character who got screwed by Nurse Aeleen existing. I use both on Auto Void Agni, but otherwise he just sits on the bench. If I were to bring a healer to HBH, Ricardt is worse at it than Aeleen while also lacking Thaniel's Burn Heal/Doublebuff utility. He's a character without a role, just like most healers who aren't best-in-slot or named Hildegarde.

I look at Althemia, a character I also promoted early on, who used to be the ace of rare farming at Avenue to Fortune. I look at how Bleed got printed as an ability, and how future Shadow characters were pushed enough to have advantages over the Bleed crew. Veronica also exists, and Shinobi pushes her and the other Shadow stars well ahead of Althemia, and that's if Althemia can maintain her HP 100% passive! I don't use Althemia anymore.

Really, of the various 3* characters I've promoted, only two of them are still relevant for my team-building. We're at a point where there are characters who more than triple Cibella's damage, provided she's geared to maximize her Shield (no reason to use her otherwise), but that utility is still enough to give her a slot. I invested in Xiao Lei because I hate farming HDTs and wanted to play Wand, a mechanically lazy weapon type relative to most. She's still holding her own on the DPS charts for Light, mostly because we haven't had a Light banner lately.

Content is going to get power crept, its only a matter of time. Too many veterans are complaining about HDTs not being hard or engaging enough anymore. I just hope that Astral Raids aren't it.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Spent some time today trying Gauntlet level 39 again, now that I have Ramona, the facility's been built a bit, and my fire altars are maxed. Tried various different approaches instead of my usual Mym+d-prep shenanigans and... they all universally came very close without winning? Maining Ramona, trying that but with lower amounts of extra hits to allow for different skill/Elly use timing, trying that but switching to Marth at one point, maining Marth with various buff/Boost times, etc.

xh4q8ic.png

A4Eew92.png

This was the most painful one, where I was absolutely on track to win it with time to spare, but... the clap timing had changed and people died when I wasn't prepared for it! Even then, I could have gotten it, but I fricking flailed and switched characters by accident, costing me precious seconds, only to just barely not get the kill... It hurt even more to get that lucky only to waste it, haha.

Eventually, though, I got it by running Marth and switching some prints around, and I think it'll work for 40 as well as the print combo on him was wasn't exactly optimal then anyway (2UB Tough Love + MUB TSO should probably -> 2UB TL + 3UB RR). Guess I'm glad I got TL on a whim for Natalie now. Also took me far too long to remember to turn the graphics way down, so that I could actually see Marth well enough to do better attack combos.

I got close in the one 40 attempt I did before stopping, just didn't think at the end and used Ifrit's skill too close to the 0:15 clap when I should have waited to use Elly to dodge first. So I'll try again later and hopefully get as lucky as that run; bit more strength from the facility should obviously help as well.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Pretty soon I need to address the one piece of content I've been loath to work on, High Brunhilda Trial. I only have one Dragon remaining that isn't at Bond 30, and I'm sitting on 46 Clovers I can't make good use of. I know I'm over-geared for this, but I am not looking forward to embarrassing myself for a few hours in Co-Op while I try to learn a fight that most there will already know. I've been spoiled enough to know that there are certain conventions like dive canceling that are PUG meta, and I know I don't really want to take on the baiting role even though that's been my role for the other two HDTs. I've tried practicing this in Solo, but I don't wish to make the weapon investment required to fully kit out my AI teammates and the mechanics aren't possible to practice with dead AI.

So basically I'm looking for advice on who I should use for HBH that is the most fool-proof while still meaningfully contributing. I don't have a good feel on the supply/demand in public rooms, and I'd prefer to play a less vital role than the baiter. I've played Vanessa at HMS, Lin You at HMC, but I don't own any Axe units that I'm invested in for Water and I don't feel comfortable in the Dagger baiting role.

My options:

* Most Water characters that aren't Fjorm or Karina. Promoted to 5*: Cibella, Nurse Aeleen, Ricardt, Renee.
* For defensive Co-Abilities, I don't have an Axe Co-Ability that's invested in Water. As Lances go, Elisanne/Xain are at MC45, Cibella at MC50, Jakob is uninvested.
* I have a MUB 5* Water Lance, 0UB 5* Water Sword, and 0UB 5* Water Dagger. I can freely craft any of the Void Agni weapons and 4* Elemental weapons. Given a compelling enough argument, I could even Dismantle to make a MUB 5* Elemental in a different weapon class.
* Assume I have or can buy most relevant non-Limited Wyrmprints, including access to Burn Res and Affliction Immunity x3. I do not own Chocolatiers.
* All Water Altars are 33+, all Dojos are 20+ with most at 30-31. I can grind these out if needed.
* I have access to MUB Leviathan/Poseidon/Simurgh/Vodyanoy. Water is my most stacked element for Dragons.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
How does Rena compare to Mikoto?

Going by the DPS Sim, poorly. Rena isn't rated particularly high in DPS in general, being 17th out of all Fire characters.

Rena's kit seems to want to do a bunch of different things but then none of those things are particularly good with how the game is typically played. She wants to inflict burn but status effects build up resistance and generally aren't great. She gives herself a boost to crit damage but doesn't have any way to give herself a good crit rate outside of her S1 1/3rd of the time. Then she has self defense and regen buffs when you typically want damage instead of sustain.

Katanas are still great so she's solid at worst but she isn't outstanding outside some gimmicky skill charging scenarios. (there's a video on reddit where the guy uses her S2 and the 100% skill prep from Marth in Mercurial Gauntlet to use Rena's S1 four times during a Break phase, so that's neat) She's about on par with Naveed in terms of DPS without factoring in her coability, so she's better when taking that into account.

Rena's decent enough but Mikoto is way, way better. Rena's DPS is a little bit behind Aoi's, so she'd (Rena) be a less eldwater-intensive blade option for sleep content.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
How does Rena compare to Mikoto?

She's worse, Ramona is the easy star of this banner after people discovered how good her 1 is.

The thing is though alot of people have a 5t3 built for koto anyway, and she's solid for auto io content. So there's worse characters you can get.

But its also Day 1 Simming as well, and that reddit video might lead Blues to adjusting the sim.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I think Renee has quite the niche too, as she significantly outperforms Jakob at his niche (<60s burst with Bog) when Co-Ability is factored in. This is before taking into account her supportive team-healing passive that self-triggers off of S2 and any teammate Def buffs.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty soon I need to address the one piece of content I've been loath to work on, High Brunhilda Trial. I only have one Dragon remaining that isn't at Bond 30, and I'm sitting on 46 Clovers I can't make good use of. I know I'm over-geared for this, but I am not looking forward to embarrassing myself for a few hours in Co-Op while I try to learn a fight that most there will already know. I've been spoiled enough to know that there are certain conventions like dive canceling that are PUG meta, and I know I don't really want to take on the baiting role even though that's been my role for the other two HDTs. I've tried practicing this in Solo, but I don't wish to make the weapon investment required to fully kit out my AI teammates and the mechanics aren't possible to practice with dead AI.

So basically I'm looking for advice on who I should use for HBH that is the most fool-proof while still meaningfully contributing. I don't have a good feel on the supply/demand in public rooms, and I'd prefer to play a less vital role than the baiter. I've played Vanessa at HMS, Lin You at HMC, but I don't own any Axe units that I'm invested in for Water and I don't feel comfortable in the Dagger baiting role.

My options:

* Most Water characters that aren't Fjorm or Karina. Promoted to 5*: Cibella, Nurse Aeleen, Ricardt, Renee.
* For defensive Co-Abilities, I don't have an Axe Co-Ability that's invested in Water. As Lances go, Elisanne/Xain are at MC45, Cibella at MC50, Jakob is uninvested.
* I have a MUB 5* Water Lance, 0UB 5* Water Sword, and 0UB 5* Water Dagger. I can freely craft any of the Void Agni weapons and 4* Elemental weapons. Given a compelling enough argument, I could even Dismantle to make a MUB 5* Elemental in a different weapon class.
* Assume I have or can buy most relevant non-Limited Wyrmprints, including access to Burn Res and Affliction Immunity x3. I do not own Chocolatiers.
* All Water Altars are 33+, all Dojos are 20+ with most at 30-31. I can grind these out if needed.
* I have access to MUB Leviathan/Poseidon/Simurgh/Vodyanoy. Water is my most stacked element for Dragons.

Lance characters are best for HBH because you can continue attacking even at a distance. Lily is solid too. HBH is probably the easiest of the high dragons, btw. It was only a pain in the ass to reach the survival blast requirements. With that said, because there's a lack of healer players, HBH ready rooms are probably the hardest to create.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Lazry will be revealed as the mother of the sisters, but she's posing as a man to stay close to the sisters but not too close so she can watch their development and help encourage them to hone their skills. This is why Lazry has such a feminine voice and appearance.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good guide on who is worth promoting from 4* to 5*?
Elisanne and Sinoa are popular options since they're useful in High Dragon Trials. Honestly, bringing most 4* Adventurers to 40MC is enough for a majority of content. For context; I've only promoted one unit from 3* to 4* and that's just because I like having Althemia on my Dark team.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Elisanne and Sinoa are popular options since they're useful in High Dragon Trials. Honestly, bringing most 4* Adventurers to 40MC is enough for a majority of content. For context; I've only promoted one unit from 3* to 4* and that's just because I like having Althemia on my Dark team.

If you don't have Ieyasu, Botan is a solid option.

Status
Not open for further replies.