• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I've only promoted one unit from 3* to 4* and that's just because I like having Althemia on my Dark team.
prpCXZ1.gif

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Reading Renee's story.

Wow this goes nuts with the secondary characters.

Also...Estelle is kind of a shitty person??

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of feels like Yaten and Natalie's adventurer stories could have been their own event instead of a New Year's rerun.

Also I feel bad for Botan since Ieyasu and crew had a blast at Yaten's festival while she was nowhere to be seen.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good guide on who is worth promoting from 4* to 5*?

You're very early on, right?

It's not really worth it for you right now. Spend the eldwater on prints if you need to spend it. If you get to the point of high dragons, and you have no relevant 5* for the one you want to fight, then look up who you have in that element that's considered viable.

Otherwise... not many will actively benefit you much, compared to just using them at 4*. Many 4* are already pretty great. Very little content in this game requires 5* characters, and even then that's not a hard requirement.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
After 40 pulls I get a blue spear user? Bummer. At least it was blue and not light or wind... I can at least use an off banner blue 5*

Back to not spending.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
You're very early on, right?

It's not really worth it for you right now. Spend the eldwater on prints if you need to spend it. If you get to the point of high dragons, and you have no relevant 5* for the one you want to fight, then look up who you have in that element that's considered viable.

Otherwise... not many will actively benefit you much, compared to just using them at 4*. Many 4* are already pretty great. Very little content in this game requires 5* characters, and even then that's not a hard requirement.

Fair enough!

Speaking of spending on water on prints...

Are there any I should be grabbing first? And do I spend enough to MUB or just snag an assortment and build them up from there? I've got 55k water and wouldn't mind grabbing a few good prints.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New Mercurial Gauntlet levels coming. Augments will help for levels beyond 40 as well as all these new facility levels.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Fair enough!

Speaking of spending on water on prints...

Are there any I should be grabbing first? And do I spend enough to MUB or just snag an assortment and build them up from there? I've got 55k water and wouldn't mind grabbing a few good prints.

Resounding Rendition is the jack of all trades option that pretty much all non-healers can use, with it being best in slot for many of them. Skill Damage is one of the most powerful Wyrmprint options, and Resounding Rendition pairs that with a powerful Crit secondary ability.

For weapon types that are more reliant on Force Strikes (Sword, and to a lesser degree Axe/Bow), the Force Strike +40-50% is also strong. The newest featured 5* Wyrmprint is deceptively powerful, pairing a decent Force Strike boost with a banked Skill Prep+75%. Other options include 5* Stellar Show and 4* Fresh Perspectives. Avoid the rest, for now.

Swords want 5* The Shining Overlord, Axes want 5* Kung Fu Mastery. Although 5* Dragon and Tamer is decent on Lances, it doesn't significantly outperform Resounding Rendition, so it isn't a priority.

For 3*, Dragon's Nest is a good option if you want a small or fast upgrade to 2* Dragon Arcanum. Get used to wearing Shapeshift Prep+10% on at least three characters during Raid events, and possibly the upcoming Astral Raids as well. Its the single best way that a newer player can contribute to a veteran player's damage output, since the Prep is shared among all teammates. The long term goal is probably to own three 4* King's Countenance and one 5* The Bridal Queen, but as a new player that will cost way too much Eldwater and you can get by just fine with the lower rarity replacements.

If you make frequent use of Elisanne or Melody, 3* Bellathorna and 4* Halidom Groom are strong options. As you work through Mercurial Gauntlet, try to find Elisanne Helpers who wear one of these and one Shapeshift print.

In general, I would recommend max unbinding each print before moving to the next. You want your player-controlled character to do well in Co-Op, before worrying too much about the quality of AI character Wyrmprints - they can get away with wearing just Shapeshift Prep + Anything for a long time. But there are plenty of players who would disagree with me on this point, so its personal preference. Do not, however, worry about getting your MUB Wyrmprints to Lv100 until you are very secure with your surplus Water - the cost to level is exponential, so stop somewhere in the Lv40-80 range for now.

---

Regarding Mercurial, keep in mind that the levels are a trick - Wind Roy has the lowest HP per level, and Flame Roy has the second lowest. Don't over-invest to clear these, because harder elements are coming. Renee looks broken for Flame Roy, considering that Elisanne is likely to eat up the slot that you would want to run Jakob in. Speaking from experience, AI Renee is already busted in speeding up Flame IO clear times, and you don't even have to worry about her wasting Bog on chaff. Because Bog is so good, you'll want to consider not running Freeze characters (Lily/Fjorm/XCleo) if you can help it, though Fjorm is busted enough that she might prove to be an exception if you're on the Last Offense plan.

For setups with Ranged characters, wait to do Mercurial Gauntlet until the end of the month. They're losing the penalty to short-range damage, which could significantly help the AI's damage output against Roy.

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the explanation! Very very helpful info. Seems like there is a LOT to digest early on as I'm building teams to farm stuff.

The hardest part about coming into games like this after they've been going for a while is getting caught up. There's always 100 things to do on top of a limited event, ha.

Speaking of which, how are people already done with the farming for this event? I only just broke 100k last night.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Thanks for the explanation! Very very helpful info. Seems like there is a LOT to digest early on as I'm building teams to farm stuff.

The hardest part about coming into games like this after they've been going for a while is getting caught up. There's always 100 things to do on top of a limited event, ha.

Speaking of which, how are people already done with the farming for this event? I only just broke 100k last night.

Having the Featured Wyrmprints in a Facility Event greatly increases the speed at which you get points (Mettle in this case). Also, usually the beginning of a Facility Event is about getting the Expert/EX endeavors done first so you can level your building. Once you switch to just Challenge runs, the Mettle will come in much faster, so don't worry about it.

You don't need to buy the bonus Wyrmprints to finish on time, but you will want to grind out Challenge on Expert once you can handle it. If you can't, wait for your event building to level up more.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Don't sleep on the new 5* non-welfare Wyrmprint.

If you're in the habit of using Auto for harder content, its great in AI hands. Think of it as a banked Skill Prep 75% that also provides most of what you want out of Stellar Show/FP/Warrioresses. Since the AI rarely uses Force Strike except to burn Overdrive meter, you're getting burst damage exactly when most Auto teams need it most.
Thanks for pointing this out, I saw the notice and thought it sounded terrible since it only triggers 3 times per fight but putting it on the AI makes perfect sense

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
And you don't even have to Force Strike three times. It triggers per enemy hit, not per non-whiffed Force Strike. For example, I can take Lin You to Water Imperials and open with Roll->Force Strike, which hits three enemies and immediately gives 75% Skill Prep.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
phew got my master clear at statue level 19. Probably could have got it done sooner but I was too lazy to take off all the level 1 mettle grinding prints from my dudes lol.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I liked this facility's master challenge. The boss is largely the same but I liked the defense and attack self buffs it does, put a lot of pressure on me as a person who couldn't just blow through it

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say to buy MUB prints right away. Huge waste of eldwater on only one print given how the costs escalate. Just buy 2 UB for now.

Especially when, for example, I've had 3 copies of RR drop from IO.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So I got suggestion on Discord to drop Ezelith for Karl on my fire squad. I did so, and it made a pretty big difference.

What makes Ezelith such a poor choice?

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cleared Master yesterday with 30 seconds still left on the clock, Arctos facility at 13. Ramona just whips, and as long as you avoid his belly flop (I feel conditioned after previous troll bosses...) it really isn't too bad of a fight. My team was around 19k might, and all were above 45MC (Ramona, Mikoto, Student Maribelle, Verica). I used a V.Hilde helper to pop a heal every time I hit the red.

And now I just maxed out Mettle thanks to getting 25k per Challenge Battle and letting them all Auto me some rewards. Don't know why I rushed it really.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I got suggestion on Discord to drop Ezelith for Karl on my fire squad. I did so, and it made a pretty big difference.

What makes Ezelith such a poor choice?

As Drax mentioned, it's mainly (but not exclusively) her first skill being a problem. It looks impressive... but it does very little damage for the length. Many adventurers depend on their skills for a lot of their overall damage, and so if a skill has a long animation it can be a problem if the damage doesn't actually make up for it, especially as that's time you could be charging other skills (or a second use of that skill).

Let's look at the damage modifiers on some other relatively long skill 1s, at skill level 3:

Ieyasu said:
Deals 7 hits and 1 delayed hit of 119% shadow damage to enemies directly ahead, and inflicts bleeding for 30 seconds - dealing 146% damage every 4.99 seconds - with 80% base chance.
Ramona said:
Deals 1 hit of 376% and 3-9 hits of 293% flame damage to surrounding enemies.

Meanwhile, Ezelith's is, well...

Ezelith said:
Deals 10 hits of 57% and 1 hit of 250% flame damage to enemies directly ahead.

...yeah. And on top of that, her second skill mixes poorly with the first skill and her ability.

Eze skill 2 said:
Activates "Inferno Mode" for 15 seconds. During Inferno Mode, the user's strength is increased by 15%, and their normal attacks reduces enemy defense by 5% for 5 seconds with 15% base chance.
Eze Flurry Debilitator said:
Increases the chances of inflicting debuffs by 20% when the combo count is 15 or higher.

So... it boosts your strength, which normally would = time to use attack skills. But to actually inflict the def debuff you have to be doing normal attacks instead. And I think normal attacks would probably boost your combo count faster than the skill 1 (assuming you can successfully skill 1->skill 2 without dropping the combo anyway), so you'd really want to be doing normal attacks instead to make the debuffs land.

She's not unfixable; even just boosting the skill 1 damage would be a great start. Making it skill shift would be even better- especially if it gets a chance to debuff too. But I think ideally, you'd really want to rework her skill 2 + abilities a bit as well to make it a little more sensible.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Xuan Zang with Halidom Grooms is amazing for The Path to Mastery: Master. I went from autoing successfully maybe a 4th of the time to clearing in about 90 seconds. I still have 10 more levels to go for the Arctos Monument.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I do love how the enemies in wave 4 spawn in a circle so you can just go towards the middle and transform

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Cleared the Master challenge battle on my F2P NOTTE spending alt with a level 20 facility.

My team was Euden/Xuan Zang/Botan/Cleo. Because I'm prioritizing the Gauntlet for my upgrades, I 5*'d and gave a 5.3 core weapon to Xuan Zang over Melsa since she's got better DPS. I'm using Botan over Melsa as well since Botan has a MUB 5.3 core weapon, a 30% Strength welfare dragon, and 50 MC while Melsa is still using a 4.3 core weapon, base Brunhilda, and is still just a 4*. Once I get around to everyone being 5* and using 5.3 core weapons, I can start considering replacing Botan, but for now she's still my 2nd most invested adventurer after Euden.

I'll probably go for a deathless Master run when I get a level 30 facility. For now I can just casually grind my way to 1 million points.

The free daily deal on my F2P NOTTE spending alt got me an Althemia. Maybe I'll eventually accrue all the 3* wand waifus. Still not planning on using any of them, but I can at least catalog that we've gotten 3 free daily deals and a tutorial summon for non-voucher summons since launch.

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Man the drop rates for this event are terrible or I'm incredibly unlucky. Am at 300k mettle and haven't gotten a single rare drop outside of a couple weapons.

Naveed/Cerberus | Mikoto/Ifrit | Verica/Phoenix all using an event Wyrmprint. I should say I'm semi-autoing; I shapeshift at the start of round 4 to kill all of the enemies and help speed up the run.

Alright thanks, I have Marth/Mikoto/Ramona/Verica but can't seem to auto it yet with the event wyrmprint. Maybe when my facility gets higher.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Followup: HBH

So I have two clears to my name now, one dead and one alive, from self-hosted anything goes rooms.

* Aeleen: I'm still torn on how to spec her gear. I haven't figured out yet how to get past two minutes or so without Burn Immunity wearing off if I use Immunity x3 and there's no Shield user in the room, and that spells death for me or death for those who have to tank Pillar without me. Either way, I'll usually die to Purple before the Burn wears off. Alternatively, I can wear both Burn Res 50% Wyrmprints, but then I'm roulette to die without at least a 11% HP or Def Co-Ability, and I'm fragile in general for Pillar/Purple rotations if I don't play my heals perfectly. I made the 5* Void Weapon to get around roulette using the 4* Elemental, but then I have one less heal. All sets are using MUB Simurgh.

* 45 MC Elisanne: Amazing how my rooms flood with Lance users, except when I try to play Elisanne. And then a greedy Lily build dies because they're counting on my Co-Ability that I don't have. She's my most HBH-prepared option, and I see little reason to deviate from HBH Print+Burn Res 50% on MUB 5* Elemental+MUB Levi. I don't have the full bait rotation down yet, and it annoys me that yet again I seem stuck playing that role much of the time.

* 50 MC Cibella: Obviously a significant hit to DPS relative to Elisanne, so I decided to embrace that with a Simurgh+HBH Print+3x Immunity set. Because Shield is omnipresent, I don't burn through all of the immunities. If a Thaniel or any other Defense+ character is present, I can successfully Shield the entire party vs 4-way Pillar and Purple, making the healer's job very easy. I don't expect to get much in the way of clears, but this is otherwise a great setup when multiple newer HBH runners are in the room, or if a Lily build forces me on 50 MC.

I'm not really happy with any of these options so far.

Man the drop rates for this event are terrible or I'm incredibly unlucky. Am at 300k mettle and haven't gotten a single rare drop outside of a couple weapons.

That's normal. The last event was an outlier, New Year's has been great for drops both times it was ran for different reasons, but most events are like this one - not particularly worth farming unless you need a resource sink.

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Alright thanks, I have Marth/Mikoto/Ramona/Verica but can't seem to auto it yet with the event wyrmprint. Maybe when my facility gets higher.
I have Mikoto on my team; but he typically dies right at the start of round 5. I keep switching between Mikoto and Vanessa and I think I'm having more consistency with Vanessa. Maybe swap Mikoto for Xuan Zang since you already have Ramona.

Xuan Zang does an additional 20-25% because of her Demihuman's Babe ability and her S2 Defense Down seems to speed up the last round.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I have Mikoto on my team; but he typically dies right at the start of round 5. I keep switching between Mikoto and Vanessa and I think I'm having more consistency with Vanessa. Maybe swap Mikoto for Xuan Zang since you already have Ramona.

Xuan Zang does an additional 20-25% because of her Demihuman's Babe ability and her S2 Defense Down seems to speed up the last round.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Gave the Gauntlet a couple more attempts on my F2P NOTTE spending alt. Managed to clear a couple more levels using Botan/Euden/Xuan Zang/Melsa. Since my Elisanne still only uses an HP dragon (and it's wind content so her already small DPS is cut even more), I think Melsa's still the better choice even with Eli's buff and Peng Lai's Bog; her buffing is just not good enough compared to Melsa for me because my dragons aren't exactly ideal, so a 20% more strength buff is less impactful for me compared to folks who use 4* and 5* Strength dragons.

This was the exact load out I used to clear 25/26:

Gonna give it another try when we get the Gauntlet Elwater and I can 5* Melsa. I'll try to make her a 5.3 core weapon as well to help out.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I've had multiple print drops across Master/EX boss so far. A couple of the event prints but also a copy of the new 5* print, which is good as I'm probably gonna end up buying it anyway.

so that's usually what I get in total and so I don't expect to see any more for the 2/3 remaining mettle, but...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got Ramona on my free daily pull. Considering I wasn't expecting anything of worth from them, this comes as a very pleasant surprise.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Holy crap, it helps to go in to the free daily summon expecting nothing, because I just summoned a dupe Naveed yesterday and now a dupe Simurgh today. Never in a million years did I expect back-to-back freebie 5★ pulls! I'll gladly take that eldwater and a dragon unbind, thankyouverymuch!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they also stacked a lot of strength buffs- I think that's Tough Love + Sarisse + some Sinoa rng (though they seemingly got an HP buff immediately so it didn't need much luck in their favor)? If they've 50 MC'd everyone, having skill haste + skill damage + strength co-abilities at max (particularly strength) is gonna help a lot too.

But yeah, damn. Even the longer runs I've seen going around are impressive.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Skill Damage+70% Dragons were a clever way to hide some power creep, I'll give Cygames that.

But if we actually had in-game data on what each skill has for modifiers, this would be a lot easier to see coming. Which is why we don't. Its easier to believe everything is similar DPS when the main difference is massive buffs to hidden modifiers.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So 4 Thaniel HBH clear is now a thing.

Free daily deal got me Taro on my F2P NOTTE spending alt. I do appreciate getting 3* adventurers over 3* dragons. I enjoy getting a slightly fuller Halidom over the baby dragons. We've now gotten 4 daily deals and a tutorial summon for free non-voucher summons since launch.

I actually had a lot more spare Wyrmprints than I thought and was able to get another level of Wind Gauntlet through 5* promoting Melsa and getting her a 5.3 core weapon. Gonna need to better optimize my Wyrmprints since I still mostly use the welfare ones. Once I 5* all my usable adventurers I can start focusing on that, which should hopefully push my DPS decently, especially if we get a re-run of Pele's raid so I could have a second 30% strength fire dragon.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao at Cleo debating whether Chelle planning a Gala Is appropriate considering the circumstances when the group have a party whenever they feel like it

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Chelle in this chapter.
a sly, cunning ojousama who is still an ally is refreshing after the rest of Eden's family so far.

So who will be the Gala character?
Leif?
Patia?
Cleo in an ugly dress?

Just kidding, we all know it'll be Leif.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
It's either going to be Leif or Cleo for sure unless they go crazy and give us Chelle (can you imagine if she did her Ojou laugh in combat?)
If it is Cleo I imagine it will in the red dress, as it is gifted to her by Chelle in the EX stage.
At this point I'd rather it be Cleo because a Gala Shadow Healer would be incredible and I'd love to see what they'd do with a unit like that

Status
Not open for further replies.