• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that I don't appreciate the wyrmite 'cause I do, I just always find it strange when a developer is like "Hey, hope you're enjoying the event, here's a free multi-pull on us!". The generosity is just insane.

The anniversary event is going to be crazy.

Last edited:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I got the Vodyanoy and Karina I needed, and swapping out Poseidon for Vodyanoy gave me the boost I needed to full clear Flame Roy.

My team isn't all that creative, Xander Levi/Karina Vody/Elisanne Vody/XiaoLei Take. I was using Renee for a long time, but relying on Crit variance over a two minute window isn't as good as having access to Karina's punishing Skill 1.

I'm not looking forward to Lv41+ Wind Roy despite his lower Max HP. I don't have anyone stronger than Marth ready to go for that one, and I don't own the optimal Dragons. I also only have one 5* Core Elemental in Fire, while I had a few in Water. But reaching the cumulative Lv150 means I'm not missing out on any Twinkling Sand at least, so I can rest easy now.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
I did like 130 rolls on the Gala banner and got 1 new character (wedding aoi), 1 dupe, 2 new dragons and 1 dupe dragon. Just when I thought my luck could not get any worse, I'm at 5.5% with the summer banner with 0 5* to show. RNG gives and RNG takes... but wait where's my giving part? :(

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It could be possible, I didn't think of that! Since there is a part two it does make sense for the story to continue beyond the current boss, so they could maybe make her an ally. There's hope!

Maybe we'll hear something by the anniversary? I know most of the music are from DAOKO, but I still love the remixes and the original music itself is great. As for the art, nothing more needs to be said, it's all great.

Hmm could be yeah, either way if something ever comes out of this I hope it won't be too troublesome to purchase in Europe.

This might just be my favorite DL music track to date. It's nothing short of utterly fantastic:

And I've gotta agree with the comments that it sounds straight out of a Sonic game, which makes it even better. :P

EDIT: It's also hilarious how quickly the characters move in-sync to the beat on the team selection screen. lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the song so much, honestly if it were on Spotify I would add it to my regular playlist, just thinking about walking home to it on a warm summer night gives me happy feels! :D And I have to pay attention to the character movements later :P The 3D-art in the menu for this event is also great, honestly Dragalia deserves a big-budget JRPG, a SRPG and a Rune Factory-esque game, the IP knocks it out of the park musically and visually.

EDIT: Also I can see hear the Sonic vibes but funnily enough it reminded me of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 because of this song:

which isn't that surprising because apparently Taku Inoue did the Dragalia song too!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes - did a multi with the free currency Wyrmite and recieved buff Summer Ranzal, was the only unit i really wanted. Nice.

Many smaller updates made the game better compared to the last time i tried to get in. It also performs better on my phone than it used to.

While trying to get my account in order, maybe someone could provide some answers to the following questions.

1. Any reason to not immediately sell the gacha baby 3* Dragon you can pull ?
2. Is there a point when you should sell your 4* gacha dragons or should you always try to max unbind them ?
3. What heroes or weapon types are the ones where you always wanna prefer the Force Strike move ? Tbh so far ive only used standard attacks + specials and not bothered to much with Force Strikes unless needed to take down a shield or something.
4. If you only had like 10-15 mintes per day to play, what kind of content would you prioritize to run ? The game has alot of content and it can be difficult to figure out what to spend time/resources on.
5. Any recommendations what units i should work on next in terms of MC ? So far ive just brought the one that looked interesting to me to 40 and leave it there. Are there any units that would benefit alot unlocking the next Circle or should i leave it at max 40 for now.

Units

screenshot_20190801-1tbkvt.png

screenshot_20190801-18xkdl.png

Dragons

Probably unlikely, but are there any units that have good synergy among each other - havent really paid much attention to team building and will usually just take whatever units have the needed element and the most might. Maybe i could improve the team performance if knew what combos of skills to look for.

If i was to build a good general dark based team - what units would i go with ?

PS. The weapon situation in this games always results in the most headaches for me, but im gonna play a but more the next couple of days and see where im at before dropping another 5 questions in this thread that probably have been answered more than enough times already.
I just got back into the game (took a hiatus from release of Void Battles to Fire Emblem Collab, stopped playing again, then jumped back for Gala Cleo), but I've been using this.

From what I've seen, not much has changed. I think, for the most part, Crystalian Envoy has been replaced by Bond Between Worlds.

Thats a useful page, gonna check it out.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
1. Any reason to not immediately sell the gacha baby 3* Dragon you can pull ?
2. Is there a point when you should sell your 4* gacha dragons or should you always try to max unbind them ?
3. What heroes or weapon types are the ones where you always wanna prefer the Force Strike move ? Tbh so far ive only used standard attacks + specials and not bothered to much with Force Strikes unless needed to take down a shield or something.
4. If you only had like 10-15 mintes per day to play, what kind of content would you prioritize to run ? The game has alot of content and it can be difficult to figure out what to spend time/resources on.
5. Any recommendations what units i should work on next in terms of MC ? So far ive just brought the one that looked interesting to me to 40 and leave it there. Are there any units that would benefit alot unlocking the next Circle or should i leave it at max 40 for now.
  1. Raising the bond level of dragons to lvl 30 gets you a Sunlight Ore. I typically keep one MUB of each and sell the rest.
  2. MUB 4* Strength Dragons are stronger than non-MUB 5* Dragons. They're good substitutes in Raids/Events while you work on MUBing your 5* Dragons. Although with the recent adjustments to 5* Skill Dragons like Shinobi; the 0UB 5* Skill Dragon may now be equal to a 4* MUB Strength Dragon. Outside of 4* Strength Dragons; I've only been keeping 1x 4* HP/Strength and HP Dragons.
  3. Force Striking is good for decreasing a boss's gauge so you can Break them and get in extra damage. You'll find a lot of player in PUBs get upset with you if you aren't Force Striking the boss to make the battle end quicker. Examples: Swords are great with their 2-hit / Force Strike combo / Axes can charge their Force Strike during their 5th attack while they are jumping / Wand Users get most of their skill recharge during their 5th attack so Force Striking isn't really beneficial outside of trying to Break a boss.
  4. I focus on the Daily Chests. You get three Skip Tickets a day so I use those on Avenue of Power, Avenue of Fortune, and the Daily Expert Elemental Runs. Then run 2x Master Dragon Trails with Stamina and 2x Imperial Onslaught with Wings. Whatever I have left in either Stamina/Wings I put towards events or focuses like Void Jeanne to help MUB my G.Cleo Void Wand.
  5. Fjorm and G.Cleo are great options since they're limited and used for some cheesing tactics when they're powered up (30 sec HBH clears with 4x Fjorm / 1 min HJP clears with 4x G.Cleo)
If i was to build a good general dark based team - what units would i go with ?
I'd build out the following teams depending on the content:
  • For On-Element with Healer: Ieyasu | Yaten / Curran / Veronica / Cleo
  • For Off-Element with Healer: Ieyasu | Yaten / Curran / G.Cleo / Hildegarde
  • 4x DPS: Ieyasu / Yaten / Curran / G.Cleo
I'm biased and like playing as Swords versus Blades so I'd run with Yaten; but Blades do have the better co-ability. Curran has one of the top DPS and is great for clearing mobs as an AI player. You can't have Cleo and G.Cleo on the same team; so if you need an on-element healer to get into Raid rooms or bonuses for events run with Cleo and Veronica. Otherwise G.Cleo and Hildegarde would be better when a healer is needed.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Are there still open spots on ERA Alliances ? If so i wouldnt mind joining (a casual friendly) one.

1. Raising the bond level of dragons to lvl 30 gets you a Sunlight Ore. I typically keep one MUB of each and sell the rest.
  2. MUB 4* Strength Dragons are stronger than non-MUB 5* Dragons. They're good substitutes in Raids/Events while you work on MUBing your 5* Dragons. Although with the recent adjustments to 5* Skill Dragons like Shinobi; the 0UB 5* Skill Dragon may now be equal to a 4* MUB Strength Dragon. Outside of 4* Strength Dragons; I've only been keeping 1x 4* HP/Strength and HP Dragons.
  3. Force Striking is good for decreasing a boss's gauge so you can Break them and get in extra damage. You'll find a lot of player in PUBs get upset with you if you aren't Force Striking the boss to make the battle end quicker. Examples: Swords are great with their 2-hit / Force Strike combo / Axes can charge their Force Strike during their 5th attack while they are jumping / Wand Users get most of their skill recharge during their 5th attack so Force Striking isn't really beneficial outside of trying to Break a boss.
  4. I focus on the Daily Chests. You get three Skip Tickets a day so I use those on Avenue of Power, Avenue of Fortune, and the Daily Expert Elemental Runs. Then run 2x Master Dragon Trails with Stamina and 2x Imperial Onslaught with Wings. Whatever I have left in either Stamina/Wings I put towards events or focuses like Void Jeanne to help MUB my G.Cleo Void Wand.
  5. Fjorm and G.Cleo are great options since they're limited and used for some cheesing tactics when they're powered up (30 sec HBH clears with 4x Fjorm / 1 min HJP clears with 4x G.Cleo)

I'd build out the following teams depending on the content:
  • For On-Element with Healer: Ieyasu | Yaten / Curran / Veronica / Cleo
  • For Off-Element with Healer: Ieyasu | Yaten / Curran / G.Cleo / Hildegarde
  • 4x DPS: Ieyasu / Yaten / Curran / G.Cleo
I'm biased and like playing as Swords versus Blades so I'd run with Yaten; but Blades do have the better co-ability. Curran has one of the top DPS and is great for clearing mobs as an AI player. You can't have Cleo and G.Cleo on the same team; so if you need an on-element healer to get into Raid rooms or bonuses for events run with Cleo and Veronica. Otherwise G.Cleo and Hildegarde would be better when a healer is needed.

Thanks mate, very helpful response.

1. Guess im gonna do the same from now on, MUB one copy for a potential Sunlight Ore down the line and get rid of the rest.
2. That makes sense, so far i havent spent too much time on MUB 5* Dragons but this should be one of my goals for down the line - at least for my strongest element/unit. I have to look up the item that can be used to Unbind 5* Dragons and make that my priority for upcoming events, if its a realistic goal. Probably would go with Agni or Shinobo since i already have a dupe of these Dragons.
3. Thanks, seems like im gonna have to check out some YT videos for the optimal sequence of combos and Force Strikes. Probably wont use them all the time but it cant hurt knowing what it should or could look like lol.
4. Roger that.
5. I might go with G.Cleo then since Dark is my favorite element and i probably wont be pulling another Gala unit anytime soon lol.

I spent some time optimizing my teams for different challenges based on hazard and also spent like 30-40k (whatever the currency is called) getting some of the basic 5* Wyrmprints. Being able to just buy whichever one you need is such a helpful feature - had forgotten that this was a thing.

Gonna keep playing the current events but besides that i still have to level up a bunch of elemental altars and Dojo to get my Might level up - more importantly i have to figure out towards which weapons i need to work. One 4* Elemental weapon for at least the main DPS unit per team should be the goal for the next months.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Force Striking is good for decreasing a boss's gauge so you can Break them and get in extra damage. You'll find a lot of player in PUBs get upset with you if you aren't Force Striking the boss to make the battle end quicker. Examples: Swords are great with their 2-hit / Force Strike combo / Axes can charge their Force Strike during their 5th attack while they are jumping / Wand Users get most of their skill recharge during their 5th attack so Force Striking isn't really beneficial outside of trying to Break a boss.

Just some minor tweaks here.

If you're not running a large Force Strike +XX% bonus (Albert/Xander/Wyrmprint), Swords prefer to do a 3-hit into Force Strike combo for better SP gain. I used to think Axes got their end of combo Force Strike for free, but they don't, so many Axes are actually recommended not to Force Strike at all because it hurts their SP gain, Lin You in particular. Wands mostly use their Force Strike as a tool to restart their combo faster, by starting and canceling a Force Strike after their full combo finishes. Blades/Lances are often the same way, though their Force Strike doubles as a mobility tool.

Swords in general are so far ahead at Breaking that I wouldn't worry too much about Break contribution if you're not bringing a Sword. So for content such as Void Jeanne, think hard before deciding to make a Divine Pen weapon for any non-Sword. 3* Rodrigo/4* Berserker/5* Yaten will do the job faster.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Just some minor tweaks here.

If you're not running a large Force Strike +XX% bonus (Albert/Xander/Wyrmprint), Swords prefer to do a 3-hit into Force Strike combo for better SP gain. I used to think Axes got their end of combo Force Strike for free, but they don't, so many Axes are actually recommended not to Force Strike at all because it hurts their SP gain, Lin You in particular. Wands mostly use their Force Strike as a tool to restart their combo faster, by starting and canceling a Force Strike after their full combo finishes. Blades/Lances are often the same way, though their Force Strike doubles as a mobility tool.

Swords in general are so far ahead at Breaking that I wouldn't worry too much about Break contribution if you're not bringing a Sword.
Those are good to know; especially the Axe because I also thought it was a free attack to chain into.

I swear; anytime I try for that 3rd hit with the Sword I can never stop my combo and end up jumping. I have the same issue with Levi's 2-hit/dash combo.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Sword has a learning curve for sure, I've trained myself to rely on the sound effects of each swing to help with my timing. Leviathan is all about canceling earlier than you'd think, its a lot easier to mess up and laser beam than it is to mess up and 1-hit cancel.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
This might just be my favorite DL music track to date. It's nothing short of utterly fantastic:

And I've gotta agree with the comments that it sounds straight out of a Sonic game, which makes it even better. :P

EDIT: It's also hilarious how quickly the characters move in-sync to the beat on the team selection screen. lol

I actually let the game just sit on the menu during work just so I could listen to this music.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

It's really good.

Here's the version with vocals:

Last edited:

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I just got back into the game (took a hiatus from release of Void Battles to Fire Emblem Collab, stopped playing again, then jumped back for Gala Cleo), but I've been using this.

From what I've seen, not much has changed. I think, for the most part, Crystalian Envoy has been replaced by Bond Between Worlds.

Thanks, just bookmarked. This is super helpful.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

It's really good.

Here's the version with vocals:

I had this song (both versions) stuck in my head all day. So good.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
So I'm not the only one that thinks the summer packs are meh, cool.

They're both upgrades on regularly sold packs.

For $25, you're getting 770 Dia cut away from a Sunlight Stone pack that spenders regularly buy for $40, and that's a good deal considering that the 7-Day Resource Pack gives more Dia than that for $10.

For $40, you're getting a bunch of minor add-ons to the usual $40 Champion's Testament pack. Still not exciting unless you mainly only use natural 5* characters, but it is an upgrade.

Easily skippable for light spenders, but if you're the type to buy monthly Sunlight Stones, the $25 pack is a "deal" that also lets you buy an extra this month. I'm still on wait and see mode because I don't like the direction Dragalia Lost is headed lately with power creep and matchmaking, but if I were still spending monthly I would probably spend $25 here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to stick with the weekly packs for now, and see what the anniversary bundles look like. I'm sitting on a bunch of sunlight stones since I'm paranoid to use any. >_<

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
Trying to make sure I give Era members first priority. So I have a few names I don't recognize.

Anyone claim topheryan?
Anyone claim Eragon?
Anyone claim fluke?
Anyone claim Marissa?

Let me know if this belongs to anyone here.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
You're going to dupe. But the real cost is in how long you have to wait to get stronger and farm more/better things.

Of 5* Dragons that I've spent one or more Sunlight Stones to MUB, I've pulled five dupes of them post-MUB. But I've also benefited from having a MUB 5* Dragon in each element, even if most have been power crept by the 20/90 Dragons of recent times.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Up to combined level 124 on MG.

Learning that buffs and debuffs stack about 2 days ago has REALLY helped me.

Definitely wo't be hitting 150 before the reset, and 130 feels like it'll be tough.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit made a pretty credible theory.

So apparently Karina (you know, the pirate girl we all know and love) wears a pirate hat that isn't hers. In her story, she details how she stole it from another pirate. And you know another pirate that doesn't have a pirate hat? That's right: Barbary! Also, if you look at the pirate hat Karina is wearing, the pattern on it looks very much like an octopus of sorts. I mean, just look at it!

Karina-4-star.png

So yeah, this could possibly lead some support to Barbary becoming a gacha dragon (or at least, a Dragon that you can recruit). Maybe in part two of this event Karina joins the party and the whole thing is revealed? If so, that's really impressive foreshadowing on Cygames behalf.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That would actually be amazing!

And does anyone have an idea how I could get clean versions of the visual-novel backgrounds during the event story parts? I thought about screenshotting them but there's only a second where they are unobstructed before the character-graphics fade in and I don't know if I can catch the right moment for a screenshot on Android.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Someone on Reddit made a pretty credible theory.

So apparently Karina (you know, the pirate girl we all know and love) wears a pirate hat that isn't hers. In her story, she details how she stole it from another pirate. And you know another pirate that doesn't have a pirate hat? That's right: Barbary! Also, if you look at the pirate hat Karina is wearing, the pattern on it looks very much like an octopus of sorts. I mean, just look at it!

Karina-4-star.png

So yeah, this could possibly lead some support to Barbary becoming a gacha dragon (or at least, a Dragon that you can recruit). Maybe in part two of this event Karina joins the party and the whole thing is revealed? If so, that's really impressive foreshadowing on Cygames behalf.
Worth noting that the design on the cannon is not the same, so this lends credence to the theory.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting that the design on the cannon is not the same, so this lends credence to the theory.
I noticed that as well. They're similar but not exactly the same. Also, I know Cygames hires a lot of VA talent, but the woman in-particular (Takano Rei) who voices Barbary is the same one who lends Drake (from Fate/Grand Order) her voice, who's a very popular/likable character. Also, Barbary has a horn in the middle of her head which could imply she's a dragon or sorts.

I really hope it happens!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The generosity continues.

I've gotten more free currency pulls playing Dragalia Lost in one month than I did playing some of my other gacha games for an entire year. I have no words.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
The tenfold got me Siren so I'm pretty pleased :>

This. Although I'm at a point where I can't farm Sunlight Stones anymore via Bond, and have to choose between Siren and Shinobi for my next project. Shinobi probably wins out (I have MUB Nyarlathotep, Leviathan, Poseidon, and Simurgh), and 0UB Siren rarely beats out MUB Vodyanoy, but maybe in a few months?

EDIT: Decision got more complicated, I just got second Siren with the login bonus ticket. EDIT: Umm, decision made? Clearly, if Cygames is going to hand me three Siren in a span of <20 total pulls, who am I to hold back? I might dedicate the rest of this part of the event to Void farming with Wyrmite refills or something, I already won the banner without pulling any 5* characters.

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Does the free tenfold expire before they would potentially roll out more summer adventurers?

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
got barbary's nightmare with a 22k team of xander, thaniel, elisanne, estelle, killed her at the last second, along with a 19k guy and two 20k guys

I think thaniel may not be necessary but I don't really have a replacement....except for summer ranzal now, whose S2 is a heal

maybe he is worth promoting to replace thaniel

edit: uh the 5t3 water katana has a heal too

thaniel am cry

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Does the free tenfold expire before they would potentially roll out more summer adventurers?

Don't think so, if there's a part 2 banner it'll be on 11 when the second half of the event unlocks, or 14 when the current banner ends. That's a good amount of time before it expires on 31st.

I'm holding out hope for a gala within the month but I don't think we'll get one until the anniversary.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think so, if there's a part 2 banner it'll be on 11 when the second half of the event unlocks, or 14 when the current banner ends. That's a good amount of time before it expires on 31st.

I'm holding out hope for a gala within the month but I don't think we'll get one until the anniversary.
Thanks, for some reason I thought that it expired on 8/8.

In other news, the nightmare raid is a pain, but I finally got a clear. It seems like the charity adventurer helps a lot with both str up and defense down. She will likely be helpful in a lot of raids going forward.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

The next Gala is not due until the end of September right?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I got nothing in my Tenfold, nothing! Honestly I got Celliera and Ranzal so I should stop pulling because I'm not very interested in Julietta and I wasn't in Siren either as I'm not too much into the whole idol thing and I have more than enough water dragons already but after I heard the greatness that is the Polaris song I kinda would like Siren now.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any casual alliances with spaces free? I'd like to join one but I'm not good enough to do any endgame content yet so I don't want to take up a slot in any alliances that are serious about that stuff.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
One question, is there any guide on how to best spend the fortifying crystals and such that got unlocked with the newest story-chapter? It's a system that overwhelms me a bit.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
One question, is there any guide on how to best spend the fortifying crystals and such that got unlocked with the newest story-chapter? It's a system that overwhelms me a bit.

I think the most ideal use for augments at the moment is to spend them on whoever you will use for High Jupiter as that is currently the hardest content in the game.

But if you're not planning on doing HJP any time soon then just spend them on whatever. You can spend rupies to undo augments and move them to something else so you can't waste them or anything.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I think the most ideal use for augments at the moment is to spend them on whoever you will use for High Jupiter as that is currently the hardest content in the game.

But if you're not planning on doing HJP any time soon then just spend them on whatever. You can spend rupies to undo augments and move them to something else so you can't waste them or anything.

Oh interesting I had no idea that these are reusable! So let's say if I'm not doing High Jupiter at the moment I could dump everything on my water-team for now to make farming the event ever so slightly easier and faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.