• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a hell of a time getting enough DPS on NM. My team is GCleo/Renee/Elisanna/Estelle. I may not be able to secure a NM clear until the end of the event...Gonna have to grind out some upgrades.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Switched to Gleo as my main and made short work of Nightmare.

She is once again confirmed good.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got incredibly luckily with a group of ~20k teams, broke the boss at the last second and got just enough time to finish her before the ending animation. Glad I never have to do that again.

yasadril

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any casual alliances with spaces free? I'd like to join one but I'm not good enough to do any endgame content yet so I don't want to take up a slot in any alliances that are serious about that stuff.
If you want to join my alliance, it is a casual guild with only one goal. Summon characters based on story, personality, skills or appearance. It's called The Waifu Warriors.
ID is 4434 8981
(2/30) Trying to get more members

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Got incredibly luckily with a group of ~20k teams, broke the boss at the last second and got just enough time to finish her before the ending animation. Glad I never have to do that again.
There are daily rewards for the Nightmare run if you care.
I got mine too with a group of 20ks, but ended with 50 seconds to spare. I have no idea about what made so great of a difference compared to the other runs.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I assume you're talking about the Nightmare raid? I suppose you don't have to do it again if you were going for the epithets, but you might want to get the grand bounty every day from now until the end of the raid, since it refills at reset each day.

Edit: Dang, beaten by seconds. On that note, I also finished my nightmare raid with 53 seconds to spare. I was using the team I recently used to clear MC Fire level 40, so perhaps that helped? Room was also for 21k+ mixed teams. I only changed a few wyrmprints to dragon prep instead of full hp bonuses. For those curious, the team was Xander (45mc)/Ellisanne (40mc)/Karina (40mc)/G!Cleo (50mc).

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There are daily rewards for the Nightmare run if you care.
I got mine too with a group of 20ks, but ended with 50 seconds to spare. I have no idea about what made so great of a difference compared to the other runs.

I assume you're talking about the Nightmare raid? I suppose you don't have to do it again if you were going for the epithets, but you might want to get the grand bounty every day from now until the end of the raid, since it refills at reset each day.

Each day huh? I had no idea. Guess maybe I can do it again then lol.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Can someone remind me what the grand bounty consists of? I got bodied on my first nightmare attempt and would rather just stick to regular Expert for quick runs/EX triggers

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone remind me what the grand bounty consists of? I got bodied on my first nightmare attempt and would rather just stick to regular Expert for quick runs/EX triggers
Grand bounty consists of 3 random items, from a table of several choices:

1 of the following set:
20 Succulent Dragonfruit
1000 Eldwater
3 Four-Leaf Clovers

1 of the following set:
1 Sunlight Ore
1 Damascus Crystal
1 Golden Fragment

...and 1 Twinkling Grains.

Edit: Sorry, fixed a few names and got the Eldwater amount WAAYY off

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
used ingots + Sinoa's wand to get all 3 5.3s on that branch, for Maribelle and GCleo to benefit from

and 50 MC'd GCleo too; first time going >45, but I had 700k eldwater burning a hole in my pocket... and I got some flame Gauntlet levels out of it

pushing wind into the 40s is gonna be harder though

Oh interesting I had no idea that these are reusable! So let's say if I'm not doing High Jupiter at the moment I could dump everything on my water-team for now to make farming the event ever so slightly easier and faster?

I think it's extremely unlikely that slightly boosting a single unit is going to matter at all for this raid.

You should have no trouble clearing anything except Nightmare even if you're providing nothing yourself, and even then, I feel like the variance in the 3 other teams is going to offset any small boost in strength? Probably better saved for high dragons and Gauntlet, where every bit of extra damage your characters do really matters.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
used ingots + Sinoa's wand to get all 3 5.3s on that branch, for Maribelle and GCleo to benefit from

and 50 MC'd GCleo too; first time going >45, but I had 700k eldwater burning a hole in my pocket... and I got some flame Gauntlet levels out of it

pushing wind into the 40s is gonna be harder though

I think it's extremely unlikely that slightly boosting a single unit is going to matter at all for this raid.

You should have no trouble clearing anything except Nightmare even if you're providing nothing yourself, and even then, I feel like the variance in the 3 other teams is going to offset any small boost in strength? Probably better saved for high dragons and Gauntlet, where every bit of extra damage your characters do really matters.

Hmm alright I understand. I mainly just asked because like said I'm not doing any high content yet and having my maxed 80 characters and dragons and Wyrmprints listed as "upgradeable" because of the augentations triggers my OCD a bit :P

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm alright I understand. I mainly just asked because like said I'm not doing any high content yet and having my maxed 80 characters and dragons and Wyrmprints listed as "upgradeable" because of the augentations triggers my OCD a bit :P

That's understandable!

And hey, if you wanna do it and pay the rupies later if needed, that's not inherently a bad idea! It's easy enough to farm more rupies that it's not much of a hassle to reset them. But everything except Nightmare goes so fast as is, so I feel like it just won't be enough of a difference to actually help, hah.

I haven't actually spent any yet myself, though I'm thinking my GCleo will at least get adventurer strength if not also HP. Not sure about anything else though, hmm.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I read one of the thirsty dragalia characters' stories

Zm9X87S.png

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That's understandable!

And hey, if you wanna do it and pay the rupies later if needed, that's not inherently a bad idea! It's easy enough to farm more rupies that it's not much of a hassle to reset them. But everything except Nightmare goes so fast as is, so I feel like it just won't be enough of a difference to actually help, hah.

I haven't actually spent any yet myself, though I'm thinking my GCleo will at least get adventurer strength if not also HP. Not sure about anything else though, hmm.

Yeah I see where you're coming from! And gratz for getting GCleo! :) I sadly found out that the game does something annoying, even if you have all augments in use all characters, dragons and wyrmprints still show up as "Upgradeable" why they did this, no idea :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I checked the endeavour list and don't see a title associated with this one. Do you get one for clearing this Nightmare mode? I haven't tried yet (been busy all day) but planning on jumping in later this evening.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been dipping my toes back into this, and honestly the thing that I think they did that they improved the most, even including the summon changes, was the addition of Void Battles and Void Weapons. The curve between the rest of the game and High Dragons was pretty nuts. You could clear all the content pretty easily then you'd hit a wall. Now there's some smoothing between that content and High Dragons.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I checked the endeavour list and don't see a title associated with this one. Do you get one for clearing this Nightmare mode? I haven't tried yet (been busy all day) but planning on jumping in later this evening.
My bad, I actually was thinking of the wyrmite quest endeavours. For some reason, I always confuse those two.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did I see someone say that the summon vouchers expire? I was planning on saving them for the 1 year anniversery.
Only that one that was handed out due to the bugged free ten-pull daily (they entered maintenance really soon afterwards, but not before a few players pulled on it). The standard single/ten0pull tickets never expire, as long as you claim them from the mailbox. That could change later, but I doubt it will.

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ready your wyrmite, ladies and gentleman. The VA for Verica (Takahasi Chiaki) will be joining the next DL Radio as a guest speaker. Incoming Summer Verica!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Nah, the only thing that a Nightmare raid rewards over Expert battles is the grand bounty chest once a day. Outside of that, the rewards are identical to Expert battles.

Some summer DL fanart for the Summer alt's this banner:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I might pop my F2P cherry for Summer Verica.... I'll exhaust all wyrmite first though.... and I'll probably get her next dream summon instead of this banner if I spend....

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I managed to grab the event-scene backgrounds via screenshots and upscaled them by 1.5x so you could make good wallpapers out of them. I though I might aswell share them here too:

qo8r2r3ls7e31.png

ryey3c3ls7e31.png

e46xfh3ls7e31.png

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to beat The Flame Mercurial Gauntlet level 50 but still can't get past The Wind Mercurial Gauntlet level 41 =/ I think it's cause my best fire dragon is Prometheus.

Team is Marth, Gala Cleo, Sarisse, and Elisanne (45 mana nodes). They all have 5.3.1 weapons except Gala Cleos, which is fully unbound and Marth's is 2x unbounded. Dragons are Prometheus, Marishiten, Ifrit, and Leviathan -- all fully unbounded. All fire altars are at max too.

Any tips? Or am I pretty much screwed until I get a better 5 star fire dragon?

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
You have a better comp than I do for it, and I'm also hardstuck at Lv41. The problem lies in how Marth is a generalist, and doesn't particularly benefit from having teams built around his kit the way Xander does. I have a whole lot of nothing in Fire after my maxed Marth/Cerberus and I don't have OP Cleo going for me. Between Leviathan existing and Xander hitting significantly harder than Marth when optimized, I don't see many getting past 41 without either having a recent Fire 5* Dragon MUB or owning Gala Cleo. Nobody on my Fire bench excites me enough to care, with Mikoto probably being my best prospect.

You've hit the key Lv150 cumulative level mark and full clearing Wind doesn't get to the next Twinkling Sand, so I wouldn't worry about it.

---

Speaking of Gala Cleo, today was the first day I had to witness her overpowered state. I've been boycotting HJT and avoiding Void Jeanne because I didn't want to deal with it, but there's little else to farm on today's Void schedule and I'm done with the event. So I did some Void Jeanne farming.

A typical clear in a room full of high-Might Divine Pen Yatens plus me on either Divine Pen Rodrigo or DPS Veronica (2876 Str Nyar) is anywhere between 2:55-3:20, or 40-65 seconds.

A clear with me bringing Divine Pen Rodrigo, AI DPS Veronica, a budget 5.1k Might Gala Cleo, and an invested 6.2k Gala Cleo takes 20 seconds. 3:40 clears. With an AI that whiffs Veronica's Skill 2. That's ****ing busted. My best clear in a full room or me+my AI+2 with any comp that excludes Gala Cleo is longer than 30 seconds, and rare at that. These were consistent 20 second clears, give or take two seconds.

Remember me posting earlier about how all of the players insisting on rooms with four Divine Pen weapons were crazy, and that you should include 1-2 DPS? Actually, you should include three Gala Cleo and one Divine Pen Yaten/Rodrigo/Berserker on Stellar Show+A Mother's Love.

This is not how I like my power creep in a gacha game. If Dragalia Lost takes the F/GO route of "here, have these god-mode characters, but you can clear the game with any rarity so who cares" I'm not going to be happy. I can't justify continuing to invest in niche characters when Gala Cleo from a different element makes them look weak.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to beat The Flame Mercurial Gauntlet level 50 but still can't get past The Wind Mercurial Gauntlet level 41 =/ I think it's cause my best fire dragon is Prometheus.

Team is Marth, Gala Cleo, Sarisse, and Elisanne (45 mana nodes). They all have 5.3.1 weapons except Gala Cleos, which is fully unbound and Marth's is 2x unbounded. Dragons are Prometheus, Marishiten, Ifrit, and Leviathan -- all fully unbounded. All fire altars are at max too.

Any tips? Or am I pretty much screwed until I get a better 5 star fire dragon?
I'd recommend changing out Marth if possible, preferably with a Rena/Mikoto. I'd also recommend Ramona, Vanessa, or S!Mari if you have them. Running prints like Evening of Luxury, Gentle Winds, or other full HP prints helps a lot too.

Not sure what prints/dragons you're running.

Last edited:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd recommend changing out Marth if possible, preferably with a Rena/Mikoto. I'd also recommend Ramona, Vanessa, or S!Mari if you have them. Running prints like Evening of Luxury, Gentle Winds, or other full HP prints helps a lot too.

Not sure what prints/dragons you're running.

Hmmm i only have Vanessa but my axe dojo is at 16/16 while my sword is 31/31.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So I managed to grab the event-scene backgrounds via screenshots and upscaled them by 1.5x so you could make good wallpapers out of them. I though I might aswell share them here too:

qo8r2r3ls7e31.png

ryey3c3ls7e31.png

e46xfh3ls7e31.png

Very nice, thanks!

With the characters hogging up the screen it's easy to overlook the amount of detail that goes into these backgrounds. Just another example of how much care is stuffed into this game!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice, thanks!

With the characters hogging up the screen it's easy to overlook the amount of detail that goes into these backgrounds. Just another example of how much care is stuffed into this game!

You're welcome! :) And yeah I agree, the artists really do an amazing job with Dragalia, I really hope the IP can eventually branch-out, the world and characters they created deserve to be even more!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I have had the craziest mobile game luck this weekend.
  • On Saturday my day started with me using my 20th login day single summon ticket in Magia Record, getting a premium magical girl (not only that but one of my favourites and literally the one I was going to try and get the most)
  • Later that day I did my free summon in Epic Seven and got a 5*
  • Today I caught 2 shinies in Pokemon Go
  • And my daily summon in Dragalia Lost today was Summer Julietta!
I'm scared of my chances during the anniversary now haha

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I now have three Siren (made it MUB with my last two stones) and one Takemikazuchi (6th copy, but the only MUB 5* in Light I have currently) as 5* pulls from this banner, without any hoarding. I'll take that, along with Karina enabling an easy ride through Fire Roy.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Abylim If you still need that clear and I can catch you online, I can bring two strong teams and we can clear with a random fourth.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
So I've used the 2x Damascus Ingot -> 2UB on a 5* Weapon -> Dismantle -> 3 different element re-enchancement trick for three different weapon classes now (Swords, Wands, and Spears), and that means I am getting to the point where I will have a couple of 5.3.0 weapons on each of my go-to elemental teams. Already have V!5.3.0 or 4.3.4 weapons on most of the other units as well (where the bonuses/skills are good). It's getting to the point where I should be ready to go for most content in the future, and just slowly MUB the weapons on the characters I use the most when I have materials/rupies to burn.

If I am at this point, being mostly F2P but playing since launch, I am wondering if they will introduce new (better) weapon trees or something around Anniversary. I might be way off, but now that I've invested so many ingots and resources into these weapons, I sure hope if something like this were to happen, we are able to carry them over, into something like character weapon skins (ie, the weapon gets upgraded from 5.3.X model to the character art model, but gets restricted to a certain character), or something of the sort.

As for where this is coming from, we have already clearly seen a special weapon model for Ieyasu (the one in his character art) when we had the boss battles with him for the "Fortune from Afar" event and rerun. Seems logical to me that they will implement the in-game model assets at some point for player use. Not sure if Sazanka or Addis had unique weapons (or Valyx or Leif in the story mode), though we do know the Alfonse specific sword model was, of course, available during the FE crossover event, and Veronica has a unique weapon situation anyway, and those are the only other two humanoid bosses I can think of.

Does anyone else think something like this will be coming, or am I just wishful thinking? I seem to remember some talk of future weapon enhancements in the past "What's ahead" updates, but that might just be the fortifying/amplifying jewels we got from the Astral Raid update, or it could be something further flung in the future like what I was speculating. Perhaps does anyone know of any precedent in similar games for further weapon enhancements like what I'm thinking of?

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I'm thinking that its too soon. I'm no whale, but I only recently got a MUB 5* Core Elemental for each element, and Water is the only element where I can field a full team of on-element 5* Core Elementals.

Still, I'm expecting weapon power creep eventually, which is why I'm making more MUB 5* and less 0UB 5*.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Or should we do this differently? Can I change a private room to public?

Just host or have me host an Alliance room. Also, use the Alliance chat so we don't flood this thread.

EDIT: Or code room, that's fine too. First time I've had an AI die in that fight, but oh well, plenty of room for error. Wear a little Dragon Prep next time though!

Last edited:

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I've been so lax with this game. I have level 30 fire altars and 25 lights. Everything else is 20 or just under. My imperial onslaught facilities are all about level 10.

I need to devote more time to it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.