• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been playing much this week as there are other console and PC games I've wanted to play, it's nice that dailies are so quick and easy

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
FE has definitely devoured all my free time outside doing dailies. Basically cut back my gacha games to just DL and a couple others that I actually do the dailies and not just get the daily login. Don't have the free time to talk extensively about games or scour for fan art like I usually do (especially since a lot of DL artists are ALSO playing FE, and I don't wanna get spoiled).

That being said, I appreciate that Erasmus is a 30% Strength dragon. Hopefully going forward every welfare dragon is Strength-based since they're the best welfare option compared to HP or mixed (or crit-based like Shishimai) dragons.

Some fanart of Erasmus, which there's been a decent amount of. I guess his design really struck a chord with a lotta folks (he's called Elmo in Japan, which I guess wouldn't sound as great in English for obvious reasons):

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
What's the quest that gives the most Silver Emblems? I have 5000 gold and 1000 bronze ones but silver is somehow hard to get.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Has most of the discussion moved to alliances now? lol

Just played some co-op and while I admit I got a kick out of this dude's username, we still need a way to easily report stuff like this that isn't exactly tasteful to such a welcoming and friendly game.

GOoXezJ.jpg

EDIT: "Tasteful" probably isn't the best word to use in this context for obvious reasons. 🥴

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

Just played some co-op and while I admit I got a kick out of this dude's username, we still need a way to easily report stuff like this that isn't exactly tasteful to such a welcoming and friendly game.

GOoXezJ.jpg

EDIT: "Tasteful" probably isn't the best word to use in this context for obvious reasons. 🥴

I wouldn't say so, its just a very slow time in dragalia land. IMHO they're better off staggering news instead of being radio silent for as long as they have.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019

Not in the least, unless Boom! counts as discussion.

I'm also feeling a void in terms of where I can discuss gameplay mechanics, and I'm still coming off of being really annoyed at the Gala Cleo and 20/90 meta shifts. While I'm still concerned about Alliances becoming a meta part of progression in the future, right now its the opposite - I could be in a 1-man Alliance and it would barely impact my play. Ideally I'd like to be working on first clear HJT soon because I'm running out of Dragons to feed, but between Gala Cleo poisoning the well of PUG matchmaking and Alliance chat being dead, I haven't felt like it yet.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Alliance chat is tough since you can chat before you setup a room; but you lose the ability to discuss once you're in a lobby.

Also when I see a join notification; by the time I go to the alliance chat screen it's "All set, thanks!" It'd be nice if the alliance notifications were a bit more descriptive like "Looking for Group for HBH."

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Next event has been datamined

It's a facility event that will buff Bow and Dagger.
z25spy5f5ef31.jpg

tuhhhemg5ef31.jpg

f5cregrj5ef31.jpg

"Hello I'm siren, everyone said they're willing to help me build the stage for me to sing in front of the crowd. I look forward to it. Although everyone is afraid of me, but I'll try my best to perform. So be sure to come to the performance. The next event in dragalia lost. Summer has yet to end.."

Next Astral raid
51ud5kol5ef31.jpg

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Ooh

weapon based facility events? That's new and different

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Next event has been datamined

It's a facility event that will buff Bow and Dagger.
z25spy5f5ef31.jpg

tuhhhemg5ef31.jpg

f5cregrj5ef31.jpg

"Hello I'm siren, everyone said they're willing to help me build the stage for me to sing in front of the crowd. I look forward to it. Although everyone is afraid of me, but I'll try my best to perform. So be sure to come to the performance. The next event in dragalia lost. Summer has yet to end.."

Next Astral raid
51ud5kol5ef31.jpg

Oh god now I really want
Siren
but I already did so many pulls and am down to 5000 Wyrmite :(

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Karina was in the Dragalia Life issue today. I sure hope she gets a fashionably late alt, right as the pirate raid ends. But if
Siren
really is going to be an adventurer, as indicated in the art, that means there isn't enough room for S!Luca, S!Verica, and S!Karina. Perhaps we can get two 5* and two 4* adventurers this time?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means that we'll be getting a Halidom upgrade sooner rather than later.

At the max Halidom level, there was enough room for all assumed future facilities to fit. (so Shadow Fafnir, Shadow Dracolith, Light Slime Statue, and a second event facility for the elements that don't have a second one yet) But now it looks like we're expanding beyond those types of facilities and there won't be enough space for everything in that case. So will we be getting Halidom level 10 (and 11?) before too long?

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean for the event only bows and daggers will do bonus damage? Cause I've been really neglecting my dagger facilities...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean for the event only bows and daggers will do bonus damage? Cause I've been really neglecting my dagger facilities...

Has the bonus damage even been element restricted? I think it's only the regular facility stat bonuses that get restricted, not the event-only damage bonus.

So... no, I think you'll be fine, hah.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
This is fine. One of my projects has been to have a Mana Circle 50 Bow in every element, even Light (Malora...). I also have Renee at MC 50, back when Skill 1 Bog was actually meaningful.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Summer Julietta's adventurer story was just as good as I was expecting. Really sweet. Yay for LGBT representation

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's nice! And yeah same, I got Mym with my free 10x ticket we got back then, right when I was dreading gatcha-hell it didn't even start for me since I got her right away.

Nice! I spent all my wyrmmyte and tickets trying to get Mym. Never did. =( Getting Gala Cleo sort of makes up for it.

That said, I'm heading into the next limited banner pretty stacked!

33,360 wyrmmyte, 3 10 folds, 1 limited 10 fold, and 127 single summons.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I spent all my wyrmmyte and tickets trying to get Mym. Never did. =( Getting Gala Cleo sort of makes up for it.

That said, I'm heading into the next limited banner pretty stacked!

33,360 wyrmmyte, 3 10 folds, 1 limited 10 fold, and 127 single summons.

Oh sorry to hear about Mym but wow yeah you are in for a haul! Meanwhile I sit at 6000 Wyrmite and nothing else from trying to pull Siren but yeah I shouldn't complain :P

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
All this begging for a feature that forces players to not have fun with a game 99% of the time so they can super-pull 1% of the time.

I hate the idea of Sparking and hope a combination of generous Wyrmite and Dream Summons take its place. As it is, I get annoyed that there are times every two months where the value of a pull goes up dramatically (Gala), but to double down on that and force 300 batch summons would force me to abandon the playstyle I use in every Gacha - don't log off with a pull unless I intend to use that resource for Stamina/Wing refills (or in DL's case, Daily Deal). Right now I accept that I'm unlikely to get a Gala unit in the next year+, even when Gala Cleo is a meta-ruining thing, because I can use matchmaking filters to avoid Gala Cleo in non-Shadow content and use Solo to avoid her in Shadow content.

Sometimes I just want to play an extended session. I dropped 450 Wyrmite this morning so I could stay in the same room with a Lv68 Marth player in Void Zephyr and get him/her about 60 clears. Sparking says no to that, too.

Anniversary will be a key moment for me. If the power creep continues at a Gala Cleo and 20/90 pace (Ieyasu was NOT this, and Welfare Botan/Sazanka/Addis are functionally close in DPS anyway, it was only that launch Shadow was underpowered) and if Sparking comes to force an even more generic meta where everyone has the flavor-of-the-month OP character, I might be done with DL. I've already suspended my spending since the Alliance announcement, which so far has been a scary but functionally awful feature.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All this begging for a feature that forces players to not have fun with a game 99% of the time so they can super-pull 1% of the time.

I hate the idea of Sparking and hope a combination of generous Wyrmite and Dream Summons take its place. As it is, I get annoyed that there are times every two months where the value of a pull goes up dramatically (Gala), but to double down on that and force 300 batch summons would force me to abandon the playstyle I use in every Gacha - don't log off with a pull unless I intend to use that resource for Stamina/Wing refills (or in DL's case, Daily Deal). Right now I accept that I'm unlikely to get a Gala unit in the next year+, even when Gala Cleo is a meta-ruining thing, because I can use matchmaking filters to avoid Gala Cleo in non-Shadow content and use Solo to avoid her in Shadow content.

Sometimes I just want to play an extended session. I dropped 450 Wyrmite this morning so I could stay in the same room with a Lv68 Marth player in Void Zephyr and get him/her about 60 clears. Sparking says no to that, too.

Anniversary will be a key moment for me. If the power creep continues at a Gala Cleo and 20/90 pace (Ieyasu was NOT this, and Welfare Botan/Sazanka/Addis are functionally close in DPS anyway, it was only that launch Shadow was underpowered) and if Sparking comes to force an even more generic meta where everyone has the flavor-of-the-month OP character, I might be done with DL. I've already suspended my spending since the Alliance announcement, which so far has been a scary but functionally awful feature.
I always hoard anyway, so sparking is great for me. It guarantees I can get what I'm after. If you're more of a YOLO player, I can see how you might hate it though.

Also, considering there's no PVP or competitive content (yet, anyway), power-creep isn't really an issue in DL. At the most, all it does is make farming raids and other content a lot easier/faster if you're running with people who have those particular characters, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

Last edited:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
To use a F/GO analogy, would you prefer having Waver/Merlin in every Caster support slot? I'm not current with F/GO JP so pardon me if Merlin has been power crept by now.

This is that but worse, because you have less control over who you play with in Co-Op and their presence makes a larger impact. At least in F/GO you can control who is on your friend list, which dictated what supports you had access to, and you could backline them if you really wanted to.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Considering I went around 350 pulls on Merlin's initial banner and didn't get him, if it meant me having to put up with everyone having Merlin in their caster slot for me to have him, I would gladly accept.

Honestly, given how FGO handles their Servants and with most people sharing their favorites (as well as events giving bonuses to specific Servants), even if they did implement a spark mechanic in FGO I doubt it would change much. People would still share who they most like, especially if it meant more people having access to Servants they really want (due to the spark mechanic).

I can't see the spark mechanic ever being a bad thing in a PVE game, assuming you don't mind saving up for the amount needed to complete the spark. As mentioned, I always save for my favorite characters anyway, so nothing would change for me other than having that guaranteed safety net.

Status
Not open for further replies.