• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well the banner is certainly confusing and unexpected. another Cleo alt so soon is crazy, and a bow? My first thought was obviously "RIP Luca" until I saw his alt lol
Verica being shadow element is unexpected

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Hey, more power creep! Remember, 20 second triple buffs that you can cast twice totally are balanced on a Dragon! The +50% Dragon Time cap is a bit of a trap, you're going to want as many of these as you can in a room regardless (unless in Solo, in which case wear two if Gold Fafnir isn't good enough), but its a way for the have-nots to feel a little better about it. Post-battle Strength buffs stack multiplicative with pre-battle Strength buffs, so a 140% Strength Dragon with two 20% Strength buffs is actually at 188% Strength (plus buffs to the team), not 180%.

Then there's also Bow Cleo stealing Xiao Lei's already niche role of stacking buffs on Xander/Karina/Sarisse by providing twice as many buffs with the same 10 second base duration. I suppose that the new Dragon is a decent consolation to Xiao Lei, as she can totally get away with wearing it and it'll contribute to Leviathan Dragon Time. Having a different Co-Ability is also somewhat relevant, at least in a world where Gala Cleo doesn't exist.

Healers aren't relevant very often, so I don't have an opinion on Verica.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
While Verica was predictable, I can definitely say I wasn't expecting a third Cleo alt right after Gala Cleo and a Siren alt right after Siren's debut. I guess they treat limited, Gala, and permanent adventurer alt's differently? At least Luca finally gets an alt.

Summer Fan art of Verica, Luca, Cleo (before the alt was announced), and Siren:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I think Siren is the fastest I have ever seen a character be introduced and then get an alt in a gacha game.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Well, ok I guess Luca FINALLY gets an alt.

But WTF is up with Cleo and so many alts? Is she really that popular? I honestly think she's a dull and boring character and even aesthetically not that grand. There's definitely better looking female Sylvans.

Seriously what's the deal with this game kind of treating the male characters like crap? I'm surprised coming from CyGames who supposedly does a pretty good job with male characters in Granblue. Here it seems they're treating Dragalia as any other Gacha game in this regard.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest tragedy with this Cleo alt is they returned to covering up her ears again. :(

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Cygames is truly and utterly unpredictable.

Another Cleo alt mere days after her Gala, and as our first 5★ light bow? I thought Elly would lead the way in number of alts, but now Cleo's surpassed her? And what about our boy Luca? Finally gets his very own alt... but it's a 4★. It's like Cygames is fully aware of his neglected meme status at this point. lol

I think Siren is the fastest I have ever seen a character be introduced and then get an alt in a gacha game.

Technically Elly, Althemia, and Edward got Halloween alts three weeks after the game's launch, but yeah, two Sirens in two weeks is crazy.

There's definitely better looking female Sylvans.

You're damn right there are.

Renelle-5-star.png

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Technically Elly, Althemia, and Edward got Halloween alts three weeks after the game's launch, but yeah, two Sirens in two weeks is crazy.

You're damn right there are.

Renelle-5-star.png
Even with regards to those alts, I've never seen something where the same character got alts back-to-back gacha events like Siren has.

And yeah, so many better Sylvans, like even Sarisse or Laranoa

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I like Cleo a lot in the story. She's probably my favorite of the main cast, maybe second to Notte.

...I have 0 interest in yet another alt. Generally speaking I'm not going to be interested in a swimsuit alt anyway, but...this is actually the first time I liked an Elly alt costume, and yet they didn't make her a real unit?

Verica's not super appealing either. Not sure how to feel about Siren 2, but at least she's more appealing...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Verica being the second nonlimited shadow healer when three other elements have none is dumb. Not really interested in the banner.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Verica being a Shadow healer killed any desire to pull on this banner. At least we're getting free daily pulls.

I need to remember to save a Smithwyrm for the facility tomorrow.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Another Cleo? lol.

I'll probably pull because I could use either of them on my pathetic light and dark teams but I really should just save for what's coming.....

Hopefully I can lucksack one of them early.

To use a F/GO analogy, would you prefer having Waver/Merlin in every Caster support slot? I'm not current with F/GO JP so pardon me if Merlin has been power crept by now.

Just a FYI but Skadi is now the queen of casters and has ushered JP into a Quick meta as of a year ago.

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
shadow healer was necessary because gleo made regular cleo not deployable

yeah there's althemia, but it was better to give peeps a new alternative

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Verica being a Shadow healer killed any desire to pull on this banner. At least we're getting free daily pulls.

I need to remember to save a Smithwyrm for the facility tomorrow.

...thank you for saying this, because I just put 2 on wand dojos for 48 hours and totally would have sleepily put my other 2 on axe dojos in about an hour without thinking, and it'd have been almost as much before I could use those. Now I'll save 1 and do something else with the other.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol why give Luca a 5* alt like everyone else when they can just give Cleo a third one

In the past three months we've gotten two? 5* males? And the last one was a month and a half ago? Loving that gender parity I once appreciated this game for

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
Finally pulled S!Julietta with 9k wyrmite remaining and the next banner doesn't do too much for me, so it's back to saving and waiting for Forte.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Luck is luck. I don't think there's a point to feeling bad about being lucky compared to others, as long as you're not bragging about it. Gacha is inherently predatory, so I don't want to say "they chose to spend that money and should know they might fail" exactly, but... at the end of the day, it's all down to chance and paying more money for more tries at something simply doesn't guarantee you get what you want. And it's not even like you took anything from them; you getting something good didn't keep them from getting what they wanted or anything like that.

plus it's not like you'll be lucky in all things anyway, you'll have stuff you want and miss

and personally while my luck here can be kinda super amazing, my luck in Another Eden is absolute trash most of the time as a balance, it happens

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Verica being the second nonlimited shadow healer when three other elements have none is dumb. Not really interested in the banner.
Yeah, I don't know why they didn't make her a water healer. It is summer, isn't it? So I guess, given the elements present in the next banner, that part two is going to neutral element, since Cleo and Ranzel are light and Verica is shadow.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Cleo is one of my favs along with Notte, but I rather would have a different character get the Summer alt treatment. I'll still try and get Luca, cause he's cute and being a 4* also helps since I don't have much Champion's Testaments anyways.

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't make her a water healer. It is summer, isn't it? So I guess, given the elements present in the next banner, that part two is going to neutral element, since Cleo and Ranzel are light and Verica is shadow.
Poor Luca.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
With HZD being the last high dragon trial I'm hoping the next wave of endgame content is dungeon/wave related so we can put the very high HP characters to better use

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
...thank you for saying this, because I just put 2 on wand dojos for 48 hours and totally would have sleepily put my other 2 on axe dojos in about an hour without thinking, and it'd have been almost as much before I could use those. Now I'll save 1 and do something else with the other.
I'm glad I helped. The last two facility events I zoned out and continued to auto-build my Dojos. It's hard to resist keeping the Smithwyrms constantly working.

With HZD being the last high dragon trial I'm hoping the next wave of endgame content is dungeon/wave related so we can put the very high HP characters to better use
I hope so; but I feel like they're just going to flip the status ailment and change the attack patterns/gimmick of the High Dragon for Year 2.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Okay I start to feel even more disgusting now, I mean I'm happy but still :(

rQzJKoc.jpg

Fun fact: Every tenfold summon that starts off with Renelle automatically 100% guarantees at least two 5★ pulls. This is indisputable fact.

And I like how it began with two treasure hunters, as if foreshadowing you pulling one of the "treasures" of the showcase immediately after. lol

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested to see what comes after high dragons for sure.

I've been hoping for some real dungeon quests for a while now. The closest we've gotten was Alberian Front, which was a pretty interesting idea that unfortunately was implemented as something rather tedious. It's kinda understandable, because it's probably easier to just make big bosses and balance around them. But it'd be a shame to give up completely on the dungeon aspect of this... as is, it's just meaningless pre-event/story quests to auto through.

So I hope they find a way to bring that back into things as we enter year 2.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What I'd like to see are dungeons you participate with others running through, so toggling switches and such to continue venturing forth. If anyone has played White Cat Project, you probably know what I'm talking about. Maybe make it so each player needs to take a separate path at one point where they need to defeat a boss. I know FEH (Alberion Front) was kind of like this, but it was more of a wave event. I'd like it to be more dungeon exploration-based.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel as though all of the choices of character/everything is still related to Masuura instead of Okada (New Director) that many seem to believe it is, which may be related to Matsuura removal of role due to the direction of the game was leading to. Two alts in a span of one month for an adventurer and an alt of a Dragon that was just introduced is pretty crazy, never seen that done in my mobage experience.

Looking forward to anniversary and onward as well since around that time Okada vision for Dragalia should be in effect, keep in mind that the release of Dragalia has already shown that they have a roadmap for the first year with resources already made for it.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
While character choices are probably still Matsuura, I feel like Gleo's power level and the Skill Damage dragon buff may not have been since both are essentially number tweaks. Literally no adventurer's hypothetical DPS (neither Gala nor limited) from the charts passed Eli's until Gleo's release, who just created a new drastic tier of power level we've never seen to this extent for the first 9 months. If it was within a week after the director change it might still be Matsuura's plan, but this was over three weeks later. Guess we'll get a better idea with the next Gala, since the summer adventurers have been in line somewhat, though everything's fairly out of whack with the skill damage dragon change.

Definitely would have preferred the blind res healer to be 4* considering the scarcity of blind res adventurers in general, but it's a female summer unit; at least she's permanent.

Edit: Cleo's JP VA probably has had the most DL work recently considering 2 fully-voiced 5* adventurer alt stories back-to-back, prominence in every event, somewhat featured in the recent chapter, and has been a DL radio co-host since its inception. Tangentially, Mym's JP VA has still been doing the teacher Mym tutorial series for 8 episodes now, the most recent one coming out a week ago.

More fan art of the part 2 summer banner units:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Blew all my wyrmite. Nothing on banner.

Game really needs a spark system. The rate ups are atrocious. Since I've returned I've spent over 20k wyrmite and I think I had around 80 tickets. Not a single banner unit.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we get spark for the anniversary in a month or so. I know I haven't shut up about it for a while, but I really hope it happens.

I got a rainbow on my paid daily pull. I got excited. It turned out to be my third duplicate Wedding Elisanne. I love you Elisanne, but enough is enough.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, a free tenfold summon voucher for beating a boss during the event

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently this is a light event (at least, it promotes you to bring light-attuned adventurers/dragons to the quests), and yet there are no 5* light/bow dagger users, aside from the newly-released Summer Cleo. I mean, I could promote a 4* Fleur, Luca or Rawn...but nope. Not going to spend the resources there. I might just see how the event goes with a standard light team, and forego the bow/dagger bonus entirely.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Got Celliera on my Summer 1 daily and did a few pulls on Summer 2 for funsies. Two Luca and Ezelith for whatever reason.
I guess now I have all the launch 5* but I'll never touch poor Ezzie lol. Rotting in my hero box.

Status
Not open for further replies.