• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
So apparently this is a light event (at least, it promotes you to bring light-attuned adventurers/dragons to the quests), and yet there are no 5* light/bow dagger users, aside from the newly-released Summer Cleo. I mean, I could promote a 4* Fleur, Luca or Rawn...but nope. Not going to spend the resources there. I might just see how the event goes with a standard light team, and forego the bow/dagger bonus entirely.

Its just as easy as every other Facility Event, at least until Nightmare unlocks. I've already got full farm going on 1:30+ Auto with nobody ever under threat of dying. Curse is annoying, but its rare that you can't just switch to someone else and use their Dragon. Granted, I am using the formerly "best" Light Bow in Malora, but I highly doubt that matters.

Its funny watching veteran players bring things like non-Chocolatiers Albert, Julietta, and Water Julietta to Boss Battle. If you don't care about leaving a very small amount of "Hype" on the table, just bring Skill Prep 100% Lily/Maribelle or anyone else who can hit 100% with one Wyrmprint. We're far past the point where element bonus matters more than just having nukes ready to fire.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Its just as easy as every other Facility Event, at least until Nightmare unlocks. I've already got full farm going on 1:30+ Auto with nobody ever under threat of dying. Curse is annoying, but its rare that you can't just switch to someone else and use their Dragon. Granted, I am using the formerly "best" Light Bow in Malora, but I highly doubt that matters.

Its funny watching veteran players bring things like non-Chocolatiers Albert, Julietta, and Water Julietta to Boss Battle. If you don't care about leaving a very small amount of "Hype" on the table, just bring Skill Prep 100% Lily/Maribelle or anyone else who can hit 100% with one Wyrmprint. We're far past the point where element bonus matters more than just having nukes ready to fire.
Sounds good to me! I won't worry about it then.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Got Pop Star Siren from my free pull. I'll probably not spend any wyrmites and just use my free and daily pulls for these banners

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I should have joined an Alliance room for the free 300 wyrmite. I thought it'd be enough to create an Alliance Room, open it to All and then switch it back to Alliance before starting the run. I guess it had to actually be with Alliance members to count.

Oh well, it was only 300 wyrmite. Still, that's 1/4 of a pull I could have saved for later.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
After claiming most of the rewards (Event Building isn't at Lv20/25/30 yet, and only have 10/3 Boss Battles done, but do have the 850k Hype Tickets), my haul:

1x Light Siren
1x Summer Maribelle (as randoms go, one of few that isn't a dupe or bad)
2x Bow Cleo (one immediately after Maribelle, one as my most recent pull)

I'm pretty happy with that. I'm really hoping Bow Cleo turns out to be similar to the first Summer banner in terms of strength, and not something busted like her Gala variant. If I didn't have Lv50 Flame Roy done, she would immediately replace Xiao Lei in my Water comp - four buffs for base 10 seconds is huge for Xander and Karina. RIP 50 Mana Circle Malora, but at least I've got Bow Cleo a 5* Elemental built!

Initial impression of Master drop rates is that its not worth farming past 1 million. I got a lot of 3* Event Prints, perhaps eight or so Clovers, one Notte, and one 5* Wyrmprint farming to 850k with Hype+400% equipped for most of it (~30 runs).

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Got S!Cleo and S!Luca so might leave it there. My light teams + dragons are pretty meh so be nice to give them a buff. S!Luca being able to up his attack speed might be something useful considering he has decent Strength, but axes be axes...

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: Every tenfold summon that starts off with Renelle automatically 100% guarantees at least two 5★ pulls. This is indisputable fact.

And I like how it began with two treasure hunters, as if foreshadowing you pulling one of the "treasures" of the showcase immediately after. lol

Huh now that you say it, I have to pay attention to this in my future summons, that is an interesting observation, the treasure hunters are a sign of glory it seems!

And as all things in life are seemingly balanced, I'm down to 450 Wyrmite from 5000 and got absolutely nothing on the new banner save for a dupe Leviathan, not even Summer Luca :(

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So now that Luca finally has an alt, what's the verdict? Is summer Luca any good?

Oct 25, 2017
Did like 8 pulls against my better judgement just because I haven't pulled lately lol no summer units but for siren x2, nidhogg, romona, so, meh not a total loss.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Did some singles and got nothing so far; will use the 10 ticket later today.

Did have some luck with drops, though. Got a ticket + event print on EX boss, and then just got 2 event prints in one Expert battle. I didn't even know that could happen? Huh.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
At least Summer Luca is good. Heck, he's probably the most useful adventurer on the banner. He's the most promising candidate I have for a HZD main, to boot

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did my free pulls and one tenfold pull. Got Luca for my free summon and both S. Verica and Xainfried (?!) in the ten pull. Could use a Light Dragon, so I'll probably attempt to pull for Siren and press my luck.

Oct 25, 2017
Did a final push for Summer Julietta and came up blank. I still have about 14k wyrmrite and 50 tickets, so I'm probably saving for the anniversary now.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So, uh... guys... we need to talk about today's comic title...

giphy.gif

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Someone made fan art of Maritimus with Summer Luca and I'm morally obligated to post it.

Say are the current banner units limited or just Rate Up?

They're permanent like the part 1 units!

Complaining works, I used the ticket from the event and got Siren.

The summoning change from the 2% 5* dragon rate being 0.5% focus/1.5% off-banner to 0.8% focus/1.2% off-banner definitely helps with that.

what's the verdict on summer cleo? worth getting to 45mc?

edit: not limited

We'll get a better idea when she's added to the DPS chart, though I think we need to have the Affliction changes that got pushed back to happen, in order for us to get a final verdict on that.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Did less than 10 single summons on the new banner and pulled Summer Luca and then Summer Verica. Pretty happy with that result. Never got anything from Splash of Adventure Banner though. Oh well.

Still have 5 Ten Summon Tickets, 110 Single Summon tickets and 91,000+ wyrmite saved for next months 1 year anniversary.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, she's a 5*

it's not like 45 is much of an investment

even my Hawk has 45

45mc is not trivial because gold diplomas are very rare

I am at a million mana or more, and summer cleo is already 40mc, but those two last diplomas are painful

but it is also hard to evaluate because I ran out of gold crystals so I cannot level her to lvl 80 until tomorrow or the day after

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
holy hell did I catch some serious blessings from the rng gods!!!

had ten tickets got:
Summer Cleo
4th Agni
Dupe Mikoto
Summer Luca

did 4 pulls:
dupe Summer Cleo
2 Ligers
Pop Star siren
2nd Zypher
(Finally!) summer Verica!!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
45mc is not trivial because gold diplomas are very rare

I am at a million mana or more, and summer cleo is already 40mc, but those two last diplomas are painful

but it is also hard to evaluate because I ran out of gold crystals so I cannot level her to lvl 80 until tomorrow or the day after

I guess you're probably promoting/maxing more than me? hmm

obviously they're rare, but I have uhhhh 26 5*s at 45 right now, with 22 of them natural, and even with that I still have 3 champions left over before getting any from this event, so... even with that many used it's easy for me to just throw them at someone new, I'll only be out for a bit

but I'm not exactly going to 50 on anyone either, only on Gleo, so that could certainly add up I guess

and yeah... this week I was actually running my daily Power on master to stock back up on gold; it's back to beginner now though...

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I really seem to be blessed o.o

F5foFkD.png

And I got Summer Luca too!

Someone made fan art of Maritimus with Summer Luca and I'm morally obligated to post it.

They're permanent like the part 1 units!

The summoning change from the 2% 5* dragon rate being 0.5% focus/1.5% off-banner to 0.8% focus/1.2% off-banner definitely helps with that.

We'll get a better idea when she's added to the DPS chart, though I think we need to have the Affliction changes that got pushed back to happen, in order for us to get a final verdict on that.

Ah thanks! Wait does that mean the Christmas and New Years units like Dragonyule Cleo and Ieyasu are also unlimited?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I really seem to be blessed o.o

F5foFkD.png

And I got Summer Luca too!

Ah thanks! Wait does that mean the Christmas and New Years units like Dragonyule Cleo and Ieyasu are also unlimited?

No, those ones are still limited. Maybe they add the other seasonal ones permanently after they show up in reruns later this year, but for now they are not in the general pool.

The summer units, just like the wedding units, are just gonna be in all banners from now on (at least, so far all banners have had all past non-limited units in them). You can already see this in action as the part 2 banner includes the part 1 units, just not rated up. The announcements for the summer banners have specifically drawn attention to this fact.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
No, those ones are still limited. Maybe they add the other seasonal ones permanently after they show up in reruns later this year, but for now they are not in the general pool.

The summer units, just like the wedding units, are just gonna be in all banners from now on (at least, so far all banners have had all past non-limited units in them). You can already see this in action as the part 2 banner includes the part 1 units, just not rated up. The announcements for the summer banners have specifically drawn attention to this fact.

Ah okay thanks for the explanation!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay thanks for the explanation!

No prob!

For the real limited ones, you'll see a mention of "limited-time", etc. in the announcement and then an extra footnote at the bottom saying they may reappear on later banners or have alternate versions and such. They may also continue to very clearly state when they're not limited as well, but it's also possible that's just been happening because of how odd it is that the wedding/summer units aren't limited and they want to make that very clear.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017

obviously they're rare, but I have uhhhh 26 5*s at 45 right now, with 22 of them natural, and even with that I still have 3 champions left over before getting any from this event, so... even with that many used it's easy for me to just throw them at someone new, I'll only be out for a bit

but I'm not exactly going to 50 on anyone either, only on Gleo, so that could certainly add up I guess

and yeah... this week I was actually running my daily Power on master to stock back up on gold; it's back to beginner now though...
I am 34 5* at more than 40mc,with 13 of them being promoted from 4*, and a couple of gold diplomas saved, haven't gotten the rest from the event. at one point i bought the pack with four diplomas

BUT dps sim updated. summer cleo is good, not crazy

I guess I really need to promote Odetta...

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
No prob!

For the real limited ones, you'll see a mention of "limited-time", etc. in the announcement and then an extra footnote at the bottom saying they may reappear on later banners or have alternate versions and such. They may also continue to very clearly state when they're not limited as well, but it's also possible that's just been happening because of how odd it is that the wedding/summer units aren't limited and they want to make that very clear.

Seems like I have to pay better attention now but yeah that's exactly why I was confused, I can still get that wedding units aren't seasonal but that summer units aren't struck me as odd, but I sure as hell won't complain.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Just Summer Verica for me in three pulls. Should be able to try one more time before the banner switches.

Or I'll get pity broken from the free pulls

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019

Yeah, new Wyrmprint drop rates really allow for a lot of Mana Circle 50, and the gatekeeper to that tends to be Champion's Testaments as often as it is Eldwater, at least for a light spender who doesn't buy Testaments like myself. I have 18 characters at Mana Circle 50, 8 of which were natural 5* characters that needed 3x C.Testament. I'm currently being held up by them, as I got two characters that I pulled today that I want to max but only enough C.Testaments for one of them.

For me, maxing only meta-breaking characters is boring. I like to explore niches, and thankfully a lot of characters who qualify for that are not natural 5* rarity. This allows me to have something to work on even when I'm out of C.Testaments.

And my Hawk doesn't have 45. My Lucretia/Louise don't even have past 40.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
ah... decided I might as well go for a 5* especially as I had 2 10 tickets and my wyrmite stockpile remains very large; I got nothing in 10 singles, then same for 3 10s, but then the 4th 10 got me a Levi dupe + Jeanne (completely new) + Summer Cleo all at once

Verica was probably the more actually useful of the two 5*s to gain since I'm unsure S Cleo will distinctly benefit my light teams, but they're not limited anyway and another Levi alone is really great- I'd decided it really wasn't worth spending time trying to reach 150 total in Gauntlet this month, and so suddenly reaching 2UB on Levi in about that span has made me very thankful I've saved at least 2 of the stones I'd have spent on him if I tried to go for it

...of course, I somehow forgot to take or otherwise messed up the screenshot of this great pull, so the feeling right now is 99% very happy, 1% the extremely obsessive screenshotter part of myself off grumbling in the corner while I throw orbs into mana circles and feed dragons fruit

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Bow Cleo is actually great for helping you get up the Mercurial Gauntlet ranks if you're using both of Xander and Karina, who are two of the top candidates anyway. She provides a massive boost to both of their Skill 1, more than enough to justify splashing an off-element support. If early b1ues is accurate, Bow Cleo's bread and butter combo is the same as what the AI does outside of Overdrive.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Bow Cleo is actually great for helping you get up the Mercurial Gauntlet ranks if you're using both of Xander and Karina, who are two of the top candidates anyway. She provides a massive boost to both of their Skill 1, more than enough to justify splashing an off-element support. If early b1ues is accurate, Bow Cleo's bread and butter combo is the same as what the AI does outside of Overdrive.

Ah, I was wondering about that approach since you mentioned this before, hmm; thanks for talking about it more! Like I said, I didn't really try to go super far with wind Gauntlet (think I'm at 31?) but I could stand to try some things.

I've already been maining Xander, but have never actually put any resources into Karina since I got her very late and assumed she was mostly good for IO. Otherwise I think I was using some mix of Lily/Laranoa/Elly, and considering trying Gleo (or actually- maybe I did get a level or two with Gleo?). I'm just not sure what the best mix of everyone would be, especially with Estelle seeming solid now too. Xander/Karina/SCleo and... Estelle? Elly? Hmm.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
deepFlaw

Gala Cleo is overpowered, and can easily fill a flex spot provided the AI uses her buff circle well enough (I don't own her). In which case, Xander/Eli/GalaCleo/Flex should be fine - Laranoa might be okay if maxed Co-Ability, since she does provide a weak two-buff to Xander. Karina will also work if invested to Mana Circle 45. Lily loses out because Gala Cleo outperforms her, and its preferred to not overlap the Wand Co-Ability (or to overlap Bog with Freeze).

Assuming you have one MUB Leviathan and two MUB Vody, plus reasonable weapons, Lv40 should be easily obtainable and Lv50 within reach. Then again, not everyone is equally skilled - I ran my wife's account from Lv26 to Lv40 tonight (Lv50 tomorrow, I hope) because she was stuck due to Force Striking issues making it difficult for her to play an optimal Xander. And she was on a Xander/Eli/Karina/Botan comp.

Given your roster, Gala Cleo beats out Bow Cleo, so you probably don't need to look at Bow Cleo or Xiao Lei. Start with Xander+Eli+GalaCleo+(Laranoa/Karina) and see how that goes. I suspect that an invested Karina beats an invested Laranoa, but both should be viable. One advantage of splashing a character like Gala Cleo is reducing the burden of having four Water Dragons, so hopefully you have a passable Shadow Dragon (Shinobi>>>Marishiten>Nyarlothotep>Juggernaut). If you decide to look at the Light options, the new Siren is a great boost to Leviathan just through the Dragon Time+30% passive, which works even without being max unbound.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Noted! Thanks for the help!

Though as I said, my Levi's still only 2UB for the time being. But I do have 3 MUB Vody, so there's that going for me. I have to commit in the next couple days and MUB Marishiten if I wanna have a chance of starting Jupiter this week (I already have a MUB Void wand ready, just wanted to wait in case I somehow got Shinobi in today's 10s), so Gleo's set at least.

I wouldn't be opposed to promoting Karina, so we'll see- Xander/Elly/Karina/Gleo sounds like it might be a good fit for me. I've been using swords so much for the past few months that I feel decent enough at it... and at least Xander's one where 2FS is good; my problem for Marth is that I'm so used to 2FS that I always do that even if I'm pretty sure it's better to 3FS for him, hmm.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
so, after the beginner/newcomer pack... what's the second best bang-for-the-buck thing to buy?

Depends on what you're after. Beginner/Welcome packs are the obvious first options, and then it gets a little cloudier.

I recommend using the 7-Day Resource Pack as a baseline. For $10 USD, you're getting 830 Diamantium plus a generally insignificant amount of Rupies/Mana. If a pack doesn't beat that ratio of $10/830, then you had better want whatever limited item(s) are included with the deal. You can buy this pack as often as you want aside from not being able to stack them.

Avoid Story Pack (Normal) and Upgrade Pack (Adventurers), as well as every single item under the "This Week" tab. The other 1-time packs have some level of value.

As $40 monthly packs go, you're getting a bad Dia ratio but a limited item. Generally speaking, Sunlight Stone>>>Damascus Ingot>Champion's Testaments>Golden Key. Dragons are a main power limited in Dragalia Lost, unbinds on 5* Elementals aren't as relevant, you'll generally be low on Testaments but get by just fine without them, and Golden Keys are just 9000 farmable Eldwater unless you own a Limited Wyrmprint that isn't max unbound.

Notably, there are $25 Summer packs that cut the Dia down to 1230, but otherwise still provide a Sunlight Stone or Damascus Ingot, and two $40 Summer packs that mimic the monthly Testament pack with some filler extras.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Basically agreed with all that. I'll say that you should think carefully about the Welcome pack because they still haven't expanded the 5* ticket pool yet and it may not be worth it for you. I also believe the $10 pack that's dia + some storage upgrades has a pretty decent value?

But mostly it's gonna be 7 day resources; that's basically dailies for a month for $10. And similarly a 10 pull - or the only thing I pay for beyond dailies, Dream Summon - would effectively be $15 that way.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I also believe the $10 pack that's dia + some storage upgrades has a pretty decent value?

This was the last 1-time pack I bought. The value isn't great, but if Dream Summon rolls around and you have Resource Pack active but don't have 1200 Dia, it can get you there.

I would recommend the other 1-time packs that I didn't exclude [Story Pack (Normal) and Upgrade Pack (Adventurers), as well as every single item under the "This Week" tab] before getting the Storage Pack, though I suppose most of them have depreciated in value over time. Storage space rarely matters unless you hoard things you'll never use.

Regarding the Welcome Pack:

Naveed: Bad. His kit functionally doesn't work even if given time to power up, Marth ate his lunch and even Karl/Euden and the other dozen Fire Swords are comparable.

Mikoto: Overrated because of launch players and High Midgardsormr runs. Still solid, but most likely isn't your best Fire DPS these days.

Ezelith: Newbie-friendly, but awful long term. She's the martyr of the launch banner.

Xander: Top-Tier if Gala Cleo doesn't exist. A kit that does exactly what a Sword should do, and even has a ramping Skill 1 that scales with good teammates.

Xainfried: Doesn't exist. Did you mean Elisanne? Fjorm? Cibella? Jakob?

Lily: A discount Maribelle with Freeze which trivializes a lot of content. She's almost never #1 optimal, but always decent and a great speedrunner for easy content.

Hawk: Elias deals similar damage. If this isn't clear, Elias is pretty awful.

Louise: Passable leaning weak, but she has much to gain from the upcoming patch to status effects. With more Poison procs and Pazuzu, she has pretty decent DPS and an underrated Co-Ability.

Maribelle: She's always been strong, and is one of few units who has received a nerf in the form of non-stackable Defense Down on her Skill 1. She was viable for the upcoming Astral Raid boss, which is Fire-typed. Yeah.

Julietta: Light Axes are bad. While Julietta doesn't top the damage charts, she's not too far behind and has a hell of a lot more room for error on her HP. She's a good specialist for Facility Events, as the AI prefers super armor and the Axe weapon range does better than Lance as far as super armor weapons go.

Lucretia: The worst Light Wand unless you've got a very niche Energy synergy going on. Remember that stacks of Energy only count as one buff total. As Wands for Light content go, Gala Cleo>>>Xiao Lei>Amane=Lucretia.

Hildegarde: We just got Shadow Verica, but as generic healers for Solo/Auto content go, Hildegarde is still #1. She's not really suitable for long duration content, but she doesn't have much competition there either.

Nefaria: The worst of two bad Shadow Bows, and I have a 50 Mana Circle Norwin and 40 Mana Circle Nefaria.

Not worth investing: ~6
Passable: ~2-4
Great: ~4-5

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what you're after. Beginner/Welcome packs are the obvious first options, and then it gets a little cloudier.

I recommend using the 7-Day Resource Pack as a baseline. For $10 USD, you're getting 830 Diamantium plus a generally insignificant amount of Rupies/Mana. If a pack doesn't beat that ratio of $10/830, then you had better want whatever limited item(s) are included with the deal. You can buy this pack as often as you want aside from not being able to stack them.

Avoid Story Pack (Normal) and Upgrade Pack (Adventurers), as well as every single item under the "This Week" tab. The other 1-time packs have some level of value.

As $40 monthly packs go, you're getting a bad Dia ratio but a limited item. Generally speaking, Sunlight Stone>>>Damascus Ingot>Champion's Testaments>Golden Key. Dragons are a main power limited in Dragalia Lost, unbinds on 5* Elementals aren't as relevant, you'll generally be low on Testaments but get by just fine without them, and Golden Keys are just 9000 farmable Eldwater unless you own a Limited Wyrmprint that isn't max unbound.

Notably, there are $25 Summer packs that cut the Dia down to 1230, but otherwise still provide a Sunlight Stone or Damascus Ingot, and two $40 Summer packs that mimic the monthly Testament pack with some filler extras.

Mainly asking for daily pulls, I'll take a look at the 7-day packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.