• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Do wyrmprints that increase the strength/critical damage share the same max with those that are HP gated?
e.g. If I use Seaside Princess and Levin's Champion together, is the critical damage increase by the max 25% or 15%+22% at full hp?
They're treated as different skills, so have their own individual caps. You'd get the 15%+22% at full HP.

This is actually false! Anything conditional like this does share the same cap. Otherwise things could get pretty ridiculous for some abilities.

You can check the in-game help menus for more information on this. Actually, doing so now to double check it was there was useful for me- I didn't know Flurry abilities also shared these caps due to being seen as conditional in the same way, since I haven't really used those prints much. Good to know, hmm.

EDIT:

...actually, wait. I may be wrong in this case?

It looks like crit damage specifically isn't listed as sharing the cap in the in-game help list? Strength, crit rate, etc. are, but crit damage isn't on that list. Huh.

EDIT2:

I went to ask the Discord to confirm and someone (one of you?) asked literally right before I could, lol. It turns out it is shared. So I was right originally, I guess.

Last edited:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Can confirm that abilities with and without conditional HP text do share the same max Wyrmprint cap.

Did the Astral Raid recently. It seems like the best strategy by far is to all-in on Swords (even off-element) and cancel every Volcano phase, because PUGs do not know what to do (wait for boss to stop flailing, run to opposite end of map Volcano, freeze it, then kill it) nor do they equip well enough to do it.

I can forcibly Break the first time around without too much help, but the second Break before Volcano is a lot harder. Xander is MVP and if it wasn't for Shining Overlord existing, I would wear A Mother's Love over something like Resounding Rendition. Breaking is that important in PUGs.

This is not a defensive fight. I would call it the most offensive-leaning Astral Raid yet, and the first where I would not recommend using a healing Dragon.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I got Summer Verica on the free daily pull. This banner has been amazing for me, and I've only done the free/paid daily pulls and a couple tickets. First Summer Cleo and now Summer Verica. It bodes horribly for the anniversary though, all of my luck is being spent now. Even still, the waifu are worth it.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually false! Anything conditional like this does share the same cap. Otherwise things could get pretty ridiculous for some abilities.

You can check the in-game help menus for more information on this. Actually, doing so now to double check it was there was useful for me- I didn't know Flurry abilities also shared these caps due to being seen as conditional in the same way, since I haven't really used those prints much. Good to know, hmm.

EDIT:

...actually, wait. I may be wrong in this case?

It looks like crit damage specifically isn't listed as sharing the cap in the in-game help list? Strength, crit rate, etc. are, but crit damage isn't on that list. Huh.

EDIT2:

I went to ask the Discord to confirm and someone (one of you?) asked literally right before I could, lol. It turns out it is shared. So I was right originally, I guess.

Hmm.. fair does. That does make more sense for the reasons you've said (though would be cool if the game actually made that clear 🙃🙃). Static boosts and conditional ones should still stack though right?

Hateno

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 30, 2017
Finally ready to tackle High Jupiter with a 50/50 Veronica, maxed void staff, max wyrmprint and max dark/wand facilities (approx 6300 might) , yet finding pub rooms impossible. 50% of rooms only accept gala cleo meta, other half quit mid fight over the smallest things .

Any helpful ERA alliances still accepting members?

Edit- sorry, high jupiter!

Last edited:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
There's a Gala Cleo only meta for High Mercury? Wouldn't surprise me. I assume you mean High Jupiter?

I'll take that one step further and say I have the MUB 5* Core Elemental (yes, I know its marginally worse for that one fight), and I haven't so much as bothered trying the fight once. I know matchmaking is going to be hell and I'm not willing to put up with it. Filters were a mistake that Cygames keeps doubling down on.

I'm not sure many of the Era Alliances are that active in HDTs. I can say that pactbound isn't.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
HDT are too intimidating outside of HMS. I've got a 3.1k Strength Maribelle and Fjorm for HMC and HBH but I'm still just a liability in PUBs. I feel like I should be jumping into HJP now since everyone is still generally learning.

I know for HMS; surviving solo until the stack attack was good practice before attempting PUBs. Do HBH/HMC/HJP have similar points to aim for while soloing to practice?

HDT Preludes are great in theory; but it's hard to judge how I'm doing when Maribelle/Fjorm/Gleo can steamroll Prelude on Auto.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally ready to tackle High Jupiter with a 50/50 Veronica, maxed void staff, max wyrmprint and max dark/wand facilities (approx 6300 might) , yet finding pub rooms impossible. 50% of rooms only accept gala cleo meta, other half quit mid fight over the smallest things .

Any helpful ERA alliances still accepting members?

Edit- sorry, high jupiter!

So... I've been running it since Wednesday, actually. I've been trying to learn the full fight properly, took lots of notes while reviewing videos for that, and have gotten a clear or two that way. But... most of the successes so far have been with mostly Gleos, for better or worse. I'm running Gleo myself with a similar setup as your Veronica; only 31/31 dojos but more augments from this weekend have just kinda unintentionally pushed into 6.3k (literally 6301) as well.

With that in mind: I'm actually surprised you're having trouble finding rooms, huh. Obviously my frame of reference is pretty limited, but I've not seen anyone be so fussy about Veronica in particular. I've not really seen people commit to the full Gleo cheese method by using Shinobi at break, so most of the benefit of the setup is just breaking so soon. And even with 3 Gleo + 1 Veronica you'll still break extremely early, so people have seemed fine with a Veronica showing up? And then for the other rooms, well, I've even had Nefaria hosts with nobody complaining.

So I'm not sure if I've just had good luck so far or if yours has been bad, but that's disappointing to hear. I have friends who want to run Veronica and my experience so far had made me hopeful that they'd be able to do it without much trouble. Guess it might not be so easy, and that sucks.

(...I will also say, though- did you only start in the past day or so? It being so close to weeklies resetting, might be people getting overly picky with their chances of success for those. But I can't say for sure.)

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Vilifier

You can make it beyond pillar in HMS Solo if you bring a healer that doesn't die to the opening blast. When I originally did my Solo practice for HMS, I found Golems to be a good benchmark. Unless you're micromanaging your AI well, that'll be the point in the run where you wipe. Nowadays, its about the point in the run where HMS dies in a decent room. New players don't even have to learn about the Gale attack anymore.

HMS: Just join PUGs. Try to leave room for error for bad healers. If you're just barely surviving opening blast, there's a fair chance Verica and a large chance F.Hildegarde fails to get you healthy in time. While on paper I can forego Glorious Tempest, in practice my PUG healer lets me down often enough that I don't bother.

HBH: The way this fight plays out in Solo is a lot different than in Co-Op. For Solo, you're expected to tank multiple Hellfires in a row, multiple times, and chances are you're not geared well enough for that. Practicing at Prelude Solo with intentionally gimped DPS is probably as close as you can get. Playing to second Musphalem (probably spelling it wrong, the Fire X attack) is sufficient, many runs are over by that point and what comes after is familiar.

HMC: Also difficult to practice in Solo, because you have to keep the AIs alive to get past the followups to first Waterfall. You're going to want to trial and error this in Co-Op, just know that [Spoilers for fight mechanics]:
the farthest away team member is the baiter for the attacks that matter, and the melee DPS frequently should be rolling through the boss when they need to reposition. You can roll through all bosses, and its amazing how few players know this.

HJT: Can't advise, haven't attempted. Gala Cleo ruined this mode.

Myself and PoogieBugg will be doing a HDT of some sort tonight, roughly ~8-11 hours from the time of this post. I'd like to do Mercury, but if we get in a time crunch then we'll probably just kill HMS. If you want a lower stakes way to practice HBH or HMC, we'll generally be game for that as PB is still learning both fights (but has several clears in each), and I'm not perfect myself. I'll post in Alliance chat if we're about to start.

I would also recommend raising Elisanne for general HBH runs. Fjorm is better in specific speedrun strategies, but Elisanne outperforms her in the general PUG case and I find that learning rooms often lose by time out. We run Vanessa+Mym/Maribelle in HMS, Elisanne/Aeleen+Fjorm in HBH, and Lin You+Melody (no Bog res, needs Lowen) in HMC.

With that in mind: I'm actually surprised you're having trouble finding rooms, huh. Obviously my frame of reference is pretty limited, but I've not seen anyone be so fussy about Veronica in particular. I've not really seen people commit to the full Gleo cheese method by using Shinobi at break, so most of the benefit of the setup is just breaking so soon. And even with 3 Gleo + 1 Veronica you'll still break extremely early, so people have seemed fine with a Veronica showing up? And then for the other rooms, well, I've even had Nefaria hosts with nobody complaining.

So I'm not sure if I've just had good luck so far or if yours has been bad, but that's disappointing to hear. I have friends who want to run Veronica and my experience so far had made me hopeful that they'd be able to do it without much trouble. Guess it might not be so easy, and that sucks.

I'm sure the experience is not an outlier. There's been a ton of complaining about it at Reddit. There's already a ton of discrimination in HDTs in general, to the point that I don't bother joining rooms and end up hosting all the players who get rejected.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
For Jupiter, you can see most of the fight solo. He does some melee attacks that target players, but otherwise his moves either target each individual player simultaneously or are untargeted. I did this myself because there's a point in time where breaking him will affect the moves he does afterward, and the videos I was finding either broke before this point or didn't get a good look at his attacks/the timer during it, so I had to record my own to prepare for timing of that stretch.

You'll want a healer helper and dragon prep on them + your AI. Even then you might not get the remaining 10% meter in time to tank a required attack, so if you can survive with only the HJP print (I guess you could bring your best axe/lance co-abilities to help if needed since they'll die anyway?) you might want to put prep as your second print as well. But that should let you see his moves, at least.

...and I'm not in an Era alliance, but am down for helping people learn HMS/HMC tonight it someone's needed to fill a slot.

Hmm.. fair does. That does make more sense for the reasons you've said (though would be cool if the game actually made that clear 🙃🙃). Static boosts and conditional ones should still stack though right?

Oops, missed this.

You mean like "strength +x%" vs ">70% HP = strength +x%"? No, those are absolutely the same cap too. The point is that the condition doesn't change the shared cap, not that all conditionals are shared separate from unconditional, haha. Again, you'd get some ridiculous setups pretty quickly that way considering the amount of non-conditional skill damage prints and such...

This was all laid out when they made the second print change, but it seems kinda buried in the help menus and such after that. Sort

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks XuandeXun for the write up!

I haven't tried soloing with a healer since I first started practicing for HMS and only had a Marth. I'll need to give that a try. I figured soloing HMC probably wasn't a good way to practice; I just need to start attempting and accept my beginner mistakes. I've also been so focused on building Fjorm for 30sec clears that I forgot I have Xainfried(50MC)/Elisanne(45MC) available for HBH.

I'd be up for any HDT runs tonight; I haven't done any of my weekly HDT yet. I have available Marth/S.Maribelle for HMS; Lances for HBH, Maribelle/Addis/G.Ranzal for HMC and Gleo/Curran/Heinwald for HJP. Most of my healers are at 40MC so they might not be usable (Verica/Thaniel/N.Aeleen/Lowen/W.Xania).

For Jupiter, you can see most of the fight solo. He does some melee attacks that target players, but otherwise his moves either target each individual player simultaneously or are untargeted. I did this myself because there's a point in time where breaking him will affect the moves he does afterward, and the videos I was finding either broke before this point or didn't get a good look at his attacks/the timer during it, so I had to record my own to prepare for that possibility.

You'll want a healer helper and dragon prep on them + your AI. Even then you might not get the remaining 10% meter in time to tank a required attack, so if you can survive with only the HJP print (I guess you could bring your best axe/lance co-abilities to help if needed since they'll die anyway?) you might want to put prep as your second print as well. But that should let you see his moves, at least.
Thanks deepFlaw for the HJP breakdown! I'll need to try out a few solo runs later today.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
My F2P NOTTE alt's free daily deal was Sylas, which is the first time I've gotten a 5* from a daily deal, though I did get Maribelle from the expiring tenfold during Gala. Definitely enjoying all the free daily deals we've been getting nonethrless.

Fan art of Sylas, from someone who draws a ton of it:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Vilifier

EDIT: I'll periodically check Alliance chat if that happens. We're starting HMC runs with randoms now.

EDIT2: Never saw you come back online, and after 40 minutes of close but failed runs with lower Might PUGs, we're just cashing out on HMS for the week.

Last edited:

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Still a lot of work cut out for us if we want to get clears between you and PB, but I don't mind facilitating practice runs. Its something I wish happened more often in the Alliance.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Still a lot of work cut out for us if we want to get clears between you and PB, but I don't mind facilitating practice runs. Its something I wish happened more often in the Alliance.
By the time I saw your first lobby notification on my phone; it was around when you posted your second edit.

Notifications really need to be fixed and chat needs to be added to lobbies. If we could chat between failed runs; it would really help clear rates.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I almost let my astral raid lapse. Got my first win with my team still standing so the second I went all in. The entire raid had wiped by the time we got him to 10% HP except my Elly. Player 3 kept spamming AGAIN! but damn it, I was going to win. I tanked him all the way down solo. I managed to fire off 3 Ocean Healing, it took that long. Once they realized that a win was possible, everybody started in with YOU GOT THIS! It was nice but I was trying to focus!

You can roll through all bosses, and its amazing how few players know this.
You couldn't roll through Barbary for some odd reason and it really messed me up!

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Fun! I missed almost the entirety of the Valentine's event as I had a lull in my interest toward the game then that didn't come back until Easter. Can't wait to get to do it now. :)

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
3kmx9n9jech31.png

SABNOCKERS BOUT TO GO NUTS

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I didn't expect a Valentine's re-run so soon. They must really be putting most of their resources into the anniversary, I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They are finally giving us those Valentines alts of Cleo and Elisanne. *evil laugh*

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, don't even joke about that. My anniversary wyrmite would be in danger.

I would like to see another Cleo alt though, just to see Reddit explode.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Need those Chocolatiers and the Petal Queen.

Next, I just need them to rerun the Christmas event for the prince of dragonyule for my water team.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Ardent admirers' banner was the one time I wanted to pull a wyrmprint more than the others featured summons. I actually pulled a wyrmprint, but t'was not the one I was looking for...Damn you, Rose Prince!

Incidentally, I got all the featured summons from the current banner. I think it's a first for me since I started playing (not counting Gala banner). Neat.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Aside from the FEH collab which lasted nearly 3 weeks, Valentine's Trade Shop was the best out of all the one week-long events we've had. It had

Edit: I must have hit submit half-asleep. It had 300 Concentrated Waters, 3 Twinkling Sands, 3 Champion's Testament, 1 Gold Key, 3 Golden Key Fragments, and a Damascus Ingot when they were a lot rarer, along with some other stuff. Full list here. Hopefully it has everything again.

Fan Art of Nina for all the Trade Shopping we'll hopefully be doing:

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Chocolatiers, the event. Otherwise you do what you always do and get bonuses.

Yup, I'm excited just so I can buy Chocolatiers. I may be super reluctant to buy some prints, but not this...

Otherwise, the event was rather nice. I probably won't reread it, but I was pretty fond of all the stories and how it prompted me to actually read all their adventurer stories beforehand, since I've still continued to slack on doing that for most other units. And getting currency for just playing the game normally was very nice too.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Chosolatiers isn't confirmed to come back yet though. For New Years the limited prints came back along the banner, not the event.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Argghh I can't beat Wind 33 or Water 28. I need to get to 34 and 29 respectively for two more sunstones.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm really excited about auto happening in co-op. I'm sure the difficult content won't be included (as it shouldn't be), but for stuff like IO? OH YES!

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, I wish we could get an improvement of showing the grand bounty chest on the nightmare challenge battle banner, like they have done recently with the regular daily chests in other events. I just realised I forgot to run nightmare yesterday right after today's reset...

But anyway, really looking forward to seeing how the buffs stack up in the new UI improvements. Should make timing for S1 attacks on characters such as Xander and Sarisse much easier to know in advance.

I wonder what drops are going to be considered legendary
I'm going to take a wild stab here, but I think we might get it for things like damascus crystals, key fragments, summon vouchers, and twinkling sand. They might even do legendary drops colors for the wyrmprint and weapon graphics as well, when we get 5* of each of those.

What I really think this is prepping for is the Anniversary event, which will probably drop legendary items all over the place. Here's hoping anyway!

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The status timer visual updates sound great. I could never tell at a glance if Elisanne's buffs or Addis's S2 were still active.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Auto in coop is a godsend. Content that you need to clear once shouldn't be autoable, but if they're requiring you to clear stages dozens if not hundreds of times, let me auto dat.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for the Damascus node to require knights testaments instead of champion testaments.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn on the new Auto Co-Op. I wonder which modes it will be available for.

For content like Master IO; I don't see an issue since that's just rinse/repeat until you get your needed materials.

For content like Void/HDT/Events/Raids; I'm not sure I want to be running with Auto Co-Op players. I've been grinding Void with an auto team; but co-op is always fun because of how badly things can go.

Also; Auto Co-Op means more time looking at players with "Waiting" status on the lobby screen because they're not paying attention.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Does anyone buy the 3 consecrated waters for 30k rupies in the shop every day? I've been buying the succulent dragonfruit for months but now I'm wondering if I should go for the water, or maybe both...

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Does anyone buy the 3 consecrated waters for 30k rupies in the shop every day? I've been buying the succulent dragonfruit for months but now I'm wondering if I should go for the water, or maybe both...
I never bought any and certainly won't now with what I farmed during the New Year repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.