• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yap, got her straight to 46/50 and equipped with Halidom Grooms and JotS. I have Maribelle as well so I'm trying to figure out who gets the Phytalmios though.

If you're using both, I'd say Maribelle benefits more from the increased Strength since her damage comes from her damaging skills. Noelle on the other hand just wants to spam her buff as much as possible, so either the wind Zephyr Void wand or the Poseidon Void wand (basically depends on if you plan to use the Void wand for HMC) may be more beneficial due to the skill prep letting you get the first Strength buff off earlier.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The anniversary event can't get here soon enough. Also Chapter 10!

I just wonder what bait banner they have until the inevitable anniversary one...

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
The anniversary event can't get here soon enough. Also Chapter 10!

I just wonder what bait banner they have until the inevitable anniversary one...

I sure hope there's no more bait banners lol. Already got me with the Dragon Special (Shinobi and Konohana) and then this week with Victor and Vayu. I can't take it anymore. I need to survive until the anniversary.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope there's no more bait banners lol. Already got me with the Dragon Special (Shinobi and Konohana) and then this week with Victor and Vayu. I can't take it anymore. I need to survive until the anniversary.
It's usually commonplace to have several "bait" banners before a bg event (ala anniversary), but if the bait is as good as the Shinobi/Konohana banner it might not even be considered bait. This month will be full of surprises though, I'm sure.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My High Mercury adventures continue- I was able to get enough orbs to buy one copy of the dragon and the facility. Also just had a particularly fun pub run- all melee with my Victor as the only wind unit. We had the ever popular Ieyasu and Elisanne, as well as a surprise Fleur. It was down to the wire because the Ieyasu died towards the end, but all's well that ends well.

Thinking of doing High Jupiter next. I built the void staff for Heinwald, so I might let my facilities stew for a few days and try then.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Someone on Reddit managed to clear all the High Dragon Trials within 1.5 months (started during the Flames of Reflection event back in July) on a fresh account (finishing them all at account level 92).

Summary

-He rerolled until he got two relevant 5* High Dragon adventurers (one from the tutorial summon, one from the two initial tenfolds the game gives you)

-He instantly got 5 smithwyrms with Wyrmite to get 4.3 core weapons ASAP

-He cleared the first 7 levels of each Mercurial Gauntlet level utilizing strong Helpers for lots or early upgrades

-He then relied mostly on the Void Trade Shop for mana and other needed resources like the unbind stones or slime statues for early extra facility levels.

-He rushed to do IO for the HDT Wyrmprints and Void Battles for Void weapons for the High Dragons.

-He only spent Eldwater on an Eli promotion because of just how useful she is, and then everything else in the following Wyrmprints: Resounding Rendition, Valiant Crown, Luca's Prank, Jewels of the Sun, Crystallian Envoy, Evening of Luxury, and Seaside Princess, on top of a Beach Battle solely for Eli.

-He saved his Wyrmite and tickets solely for the Gala and Dragon banners.

-He was fortunate enough to get a 5* adventurer for every High Dragon, but for less fortunate folks he recommends Euden/Verica for HMS, Elisanne (or any 100% burn-res melee Water adventurer) for HBH, Lowen for HMC, and Cleo for HJP.

-His 4 adventurers that he cleared the 4 current High Dragon Trials with were Gala Cleo, Summer Celliera, Mikoto, and Maribelle.

Also, for folks wanting to know more about when to use Wyrmpints, on top of the DPS Sim Chart for DPS Wyrmprints assuming you have the ideal setup and this Wyrmprint Guide website dedicated towards giving Wyrmprint advice for different content/characters, there is now an updated Optimal Wyrmprint List image that was posted on Reddit.
ogxp7lz42pk31.png

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
All this hype talk of Noelle caused me to dip into my single ticket stash, and, well, I'm really glad I did. I got her in 2 single-ticket pulls... Also, the first pull was a Prometheus :O And just like that, I'm spooked that my luck account is overdrawn. Not going to tempt fate any more than I already have, gonna save for Anniversary from here on out... probably.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The new Castle Story "A New Year's Oath" has inspired some artists to ship Su Fang and Ku Hai together. After reading it myself, I can see where they're coming from.

All this hype talk of Noelle caused me to dip into my single ticket stash, and, well, I'm really glad I did. I got her in 2 single-ticket pulls... Also, the first pull was a Prometheus :O And just like that, I'm spooked that my luck account is overdrawn. Not going to tempt fate any more than I already have, gonna save for Anniversary from here on out... probably.

Congrats!

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
-He instantly got 5 smithwyrms with Wyrmite to get 4.3 core weapons ASAP
With the Treasure Trade changes; there's no reason to not get 5x Smithwyrms right away. I've been playing regularly since just before the FEH event and my Smithwyrms were constantly busy until hitting Halidom lvl. 1170.

Also, for folks wanting to know more about when to use Wyrmpints, on top of the DPS Sim Chart for DPS Wyrmprints assuming you have the ideal setup and this Wyrmprint Guide website dedicated towards giving Wyrmprint advice for different content/characters, there is now an updated Optimal Wyrmprint List image that was posted on Reddit.
ogxp7lz42pk31.png
Thank you for this. Now I'm wondering if I should MUB a 3rd Resounding Rendition considering it's BiS for Blade/Lance/Wand.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
With the Treasure Trade changes; there's no reason to not get 5x Smithwyrms right away. I've been playing regularly since just before the FEH event and my Smithwyrms were constantly busy until hitting Halidom lvl. 1170.

I agree, though it's definitely a question that sprouts up a lot from new players, so it's good to note.

Thank you for this. Now I'm wondering if I should MUB a 3rd Resounding Rendition considering it's BiS for Blade/Lance/Wand.

I personally think making due with Valient Crown, Heralds of Hinomoto, or Luca's Prank until we at least see all the 40% Skill Damage prints is best. I feel the slight DPS decrease is worth it for the versatility of using other options, especially since they all have 30% Skill Damage, unlike a Wyrmprint like Jewels of the Sun where only it's the only print with 8% Skill Haste. We still haven't seen dedicated Blade or Wand 40% Skill Damage Wyrmprints, which might bump off Resounding Rendition similar to Twinfold Bonds.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if we don't get blade or wand prints for a long time. They know that they have by far the best two coabs.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I thought like that too, but then they released Gala Cleo alongside a Skill Damage Dragon buff, so I feel like anything could happen at this point.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a reminder that Gala Mym raised DL to its highest grossing in JP charts ever at 4th, higher than even Gala Cleo at 10th. Also has a ton of fan art.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd love more Castle Stories like Mym's adventurer story. That was a fun watch.

The newest Dragalia Life came out, featuring Joe (with a bit of Vice)!
233365b29cd2ac37d58a5e2052441333.png
There are a couple of folks who REALLY love Joe. They go bananas whenever there's new Joe fan art. Reminds me of the saying that every Pokémon is someone's favorite.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I feel like Joe's unequivocally gay from his adventurer story, and Naveed is pansexual, but I'm also not too knowledgeable about these sorts of things admittedly.
Joe: Anyhow, for a month leading up to the big day, my rival and I lived together.

Elisanne: What?! You ate and slept with a man you planned on killing? Why?

Joe: Can't rightly say. Guess all I can tell you is we were both curious. He was the sort who'd take any paying job. To most folks, he was a monster. But I was happy that whole month.

Elisanne: Happy living alongside a monster? You must have known death could come at any moment.

Joe: Oh sure, he could've betrayed me anytime he wanted. Same goes for me. But along the way, the tension and fear turned into joy, and I... Well, I kinda fell in love with the guy.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just summoned summer Juliette which was a nice surprise since I doubt I'll get to 1200 again before the end of this banner and I'd had bad luck so far. "Sunny Flash" is an interestingly named move, haha.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In preparation for the anniversary, I went ahead and unbound/read through my whole roster's adventurer stories. And did a solid chunk of the dragon stories too. Probably got an additional two tenfolds or so worth of wyrmite out of it, so I'm in an okay state (unless I get baited by the upcoming banner lol). I also really liked getting to know all the characters I haven't had a chance to play with.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I just passed 50k wyrmite for the first time. Anniversary can't come soon enough.

And this raid is far too long, especially for a rerun.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I definitely wanna see what Victor and Noelle's story is all about when I get the chance. I wish they did more like that 3-part Wedding Castle Story thing, to give more context for characters like Yaten/Natalie or Victor/Noelle who were introduced for an event rerun.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this event is dragging. But I'm using the spare time to grind out IO and finish the story on Hard. Just crossed the 12k wrymite threshold, so hopefully something good comes from the anniversary!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
What are everyone's hopes/wishes/predictions for the anniversary? Here are some of mine, and I don't think they're too unreasonable:

• Permanent 100% affliction resistance buff for 3★ adventurers (pleeeeease)
• Stamina recovery doubled
• IO drops doubled
• 2 free tenfold summon vouchers
• Free 5★ summon voucher
• Add more adventurers to the free 5★ summon pool
• Knight's/Champion's Testament treasure trade
• More stickers
• Bring back Cinderella Step
• Squishums' true purpose revealed (adventurer level cap increase to 90?)
• Renelle alt 🥴

...And probably a few others I'm overlooking at the moment. I was tempted to add "free Dream Summon" to the list but I doubt Cygames would be that generous. lol

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What are everyone's hopes/wishes/predictions for the anniversary? Here are some of mine, and I don't think they're too unreasonable:

• Permanent 100% affliction resistance buff for 3★ adventurers (pleeeeease)
• Stamina recovery doubled
• IO drops doubled
• 2 free tenfold summon vouchers
• Free 5★ summon voucher
• Add more adventurers to the free 5★ summon pool
• Knight's/Champion's Testament treasure trade
• More stickers
• Squishums' true purpose revealed (adventurer level cap increase to 90?)
• Renelle alt 🥴

...And probably a few others I'm overlooking at the moment. I was tempted to add "free Dream Summon" to the list but I doubt Cygames would be that generous. lol

1. Not happening, they're 3* for a reason.
2. this is actively bad, lol, without raising the cap it's just really frustrating to realize I've accidentally left stamina full for a while like... right now
3. There'll probably be a 2x event, sure.
4. Wouldn't be surprised to get at least that much if not more/some free roll system, sure.
5/6. Might be waiting till the holidays again?
7/8. Possible!
9. Maybe for chapter 10? But I dunno. Well, actually, we know there's an anniversary song from the CD announcement, so they'll probably be playing that.
10. the Squishums mystery... one can only hope
11. one day

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Random stuff for me:

-I'd like some event content to get rolled into the base game, similar to GBF's side stories. The facility events could probably get easily turned into this since most of the content is single-player anyway. Only issue I see is the VA already makes the game pretty bloated, so this would add on even more.

-A journal type thing that let us re-watch/re-read past events we've done

-Having the option to better manage the game size by selectively deleting stuff like adventurer or main story VA, or having the option to delete that VA after we've listened to them.

-From my F2P NOTTE alt perspective, I'd like some way to grind for more welfare dragons. The fact that Water's non-High Dragon options are still only Mercury (20% HP) or Peng Lai (30% HP) after nearly a year is silly. Having something below High Dragons that's in the base game (Void Dragons?) which even just gave 30%-40% Strength MUB (so they're still worse than gacha 4* dragons) for folks that are particularly unlucky would go a long way.

-Letting us grind for 4 MUB copies of a High Dragon instead of just 1, or give some use to the spheres after we finish grinding for the dragon and facility.

-Similar to the Wyrmprint change, have it so 2UB-ing dragons gives a half-upgrade (60% Strength dragons give 50% at 2 UB, 90% Skill Damage (20% Strength) dragons gives 80% Skill Damage (15% Strength) at 2UB).

-A way to access the Alliance chat when in a lobby

My biggest wish would be for there to be a randomly generated dungeon-type content that's similar to Diablo 3's Nephalem Rift/Greater Rifts, especially now that we have pretty worthwhile drops (Wyrmprints, silver keys/bricks, moonstones, key fragments, sunlight ore, Damascus crystals) but I don't think DL has the infrastructure for that. I'd take a third event type which rotated with our current ones, so it'd go Raid -> Facility -> 3rd type each month.

Also, someone managed to true solo (no dead AI co-ability) High Jupiter with Natalie.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
-Letting us grind for 4 MUB copies of a High Dragon instead of just 1, or give some use to the spheres after we finish grinding for the dragon and facility.

...I know we're talking about a gacha game to begin with, but if you're at the point of farming uhhhhh 1271 orbs and want to do more, I'd argue it'd be unethical to encourage you to continue.

In any case, I definitely agree with the journal/permanent facility, 2UB dragon boost (this would actually make 5*s more significant), and random dungeon suggestions.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Things I'd love for anniversary:

-Dream Summon
-Gala (dare I hope for a gala dream summon...?)
-Double IO, Dragons, Voids, ATF
-Halved build times
-Free rupies, mana, clovers, and especially looking glasses
-Female Euden
-New content type
-Return of the FEH defense mode

This is my number one hope

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking Alberian Front as a possibility too, yeah. It's been a while now and they could stand to do another event type again. Though we know we're getting Astral Raids for every weekend this month after this raid ends, including the 28th+29th, which I feel like they wouldn't do if Front was running just like they don't when a raid is running.

...I just really hope they remove the horrible extra enemy the next time it appears. And auto should be disabled; it's an annoyingly tedious mode but AI fucking up is only gonna make it worse.

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope anniversary introduces something to the shake the game up. My biggest complaint with the game right now is that IMO the raid/facility event cycle has gotten pretty stale. If there's a new event type I hope it becomes part of the permanent rotation rather than a one-off thing like FEH was

I'd also like to have at least an idea of what the endgame content after HDTs will be, but considering High Zodiark will still be new I'm not really expecting any announcements on that front lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game for me is basically on re-run mode for me right now. I log in, do my dailies and burn my stamina wherever I can, and log off. The current event has been finished a while now for me, so I don't need anything else there (it doesn't help that it was a re-run to begin with). I really hope they drop the next chapter this week, or something new. I really hope we don't get another return event. :/

As for anniversary hopes, my number one wish is a spark mechanic so I can get my damn Gala Cleo! Cinderella Step and Gala Zethia/Elisanne would be nice, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.