• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
...I know we're talking about a gacha game to begin with, but if you're at the point of farming uhhhhh 1271 orbs and want to do more, I'd argue it'd be unethical to encourage you to continue.

Haha, it's more the fact that at this point I feel discouraged from helping out folks in HMS, especially now that I'm pretty rusty on the fight for Verica and Sinoa, who were my mains. Realistically I don't think anyone would really need 3 more MUB'd HMS's, I definitely don't on my main, but it'd stop me from feeling like it's a total waste to get any more HMS orbs right now.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Alliance wars!! But yeah need some content that doesnt require alot of story that you can run once every month or so like unite and fight or rise of beasts.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Listening to the new Chrono Orchestra recordings, I realised how amazing Dragalia Lost would be if you just slapped Chrono Trigger on top of it;

- MC just becomes Chrono
- You still have a ''main" party of people in promo artwork but can recruit a bunch of others
- Said other would be people from a variety of time periods
- Bosses could be various versions of Lavos (and other bosses)
- Raid events would be trips through time to fix errors in the space/time continuum
- Buildings would be essentially the same, with Lucca being the version of the Smithy sisters
- Gacha/welfare would be various people/robots/golems/animals throughout time
- Seasonal variations on characters would just become "Victorian Marle" "Sci-fi Chrono" "Prehistoric Frog" etc.
- Music would obviously be awesome
- Weapon types would essentially stay the same, maybe switch Bow to Gun for Lucca; Chrono is Blade, Frog Is Sword etc.

There are plenty of other ways to lay the IP on top, but if I was someone like Square Enix, I'd look at games like DL, GBF and see that it would be an awesome fit.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
What are everyone's hopes/wishes/predictions for the anniversary? Here are some of mine, and I don't think they're too unreasonable:

• Permanent 100% affliction resistance buff for 3★ adventurers (pleeeeease)
• Stamina recovery doubled
• IO drops doubled
• 2 free tenfold summon vouchers
• Free 5★ summon voucher
• Add more adventurers to the free 5★ summon pool
• Knight's/Champion's Testament treasure trade
• More stickers
• Bring back Cinderella Step
• Squishums' true purpose revealed (adventurer level cap increase to 90?)
• Renelle alt 🥴

...And probably a few others I'm overlooking at the moment. I was tempted to add "free Dream Summon" to the list but I doubt Cygames would be that generous. lol
Things I'd love for anniversary:

-Dream Summon
-Gala (dare I hope for a gala dream summon...?)
-Double IO, Dragons, Voids, ATF
-Halved build times
-Free rupies, mana, clovers, and especially looking glasses
-Female Euden
-New content type
-Return of the FEH defense mode

This is my number one hope

I'm with you on Cinderella Step! And honestly all the rest sounds good too! :P

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the new Chrono Orchestra recordings, I realised how amazing Dragalia Lost would be if you just slapped Chrono Trigger on top of it;

- MC just becomes Chrono
- You still have a ''main" party of people in promo artwork but can recruit a bunch of others
- Said other would be people from a variety of time periods
- Bosses could be various versions of Lavos (and other bosses)
- Raid events would be trips through time to fix errors in the space/time continuum
- Buildings would be essentially the same, with Lucca being the version of the Smithy sisters
- Gacha/welfare would be various people/robots/golems/animals throughout time
- Seasonal variations on characters would just become "Victorian Marle" "Sci-fi Chrono" "Prehistoric Frog" etc.
- Music would obviously be awesome
- Weapon types would essentially stay the same, maybe switch Bow to Gun for Lucca; Chrono is Blade, Frog Is Sword etc.

There are plenty of other ways to lay the IP on top, but if I was someone like Square Enix, I'd look at games like DL, GBF and see that it would be an awesome fit.

Have you looked into Another Eden? It's the other gacha I play after DL was the gateway drug.

Very different kind of game than DL (it's a regular single player RPG), but shares some staff (...and plot/themes) with Chrono Trigger. A number of things you threw in here are actually true in it, haha.

EDIT: Didn't have time to add originally but- basically, you end up traveling to several time periods (eventually freely jumping between them after the halfway point of the main story at lunch), and the gacha characters are from each time period. Not too many robots beyond story characters, though one group of the (useless) 3*s are. Also, one story character, Cyrus, is a man who was turned into a talking frog...

Last edited:

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I'd really like to an expansion into alliance features... something akin to weekly group endeavours perhaps, or a weekly build boss where everyone chips away at its health.

Also of course an endless dungeon mode would be great. Just some new mode to shake things up.

240 Orbs left until MUB HJP, I may miss my goal of having it done before Zodiark. Still having to average 8 runs~ a day to get it done.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
Yesterday I got around to clearing High Mercury solo, and have now completed all High Dragon Trials with a solo team. I hope that anniversary brings with it a lot of new, challenging content, and that High Zodiark is not able to be cheesed with something like 4 Gala Cleo, as High Jupiter was.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
PVP.
Skins with stats.
VIP system.
Reruns.
Global running a month behind JP.
Nexon takes over.
DAOKO contract expires.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For folks who don't frequent the DL Reddit, there's another person who plays without summoning. He posts weekly updates about his progress. He'll be spending stuff though for the first anniversary (so in 2 weeks), as the premise of his account was to go the first year without summoning anything.

In the DL fan artist world, lots of folks have been drawing Norwin and Fleur hanging out, which makes sense as one's a picture book author and the other is a general artist. They're also both Sylvans.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to try Fjorm in a Speedrun PUB today. (V5.3.4/31-Dojos/35-Altars/20-Dracolith/Dragoñata/No Yuletree/No HMC Fafnir). I managed to beat it on my first attempt and snag my first HBH win.

I still need to learn and beat HBH in the traditional way; but it still feels like good to have HBH completed.

And for Anniversary; I really want CyGames to bring back the Alberian Front mode with random enemy element types for the boss.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping we'd learn more about the anniversary at today's reset but I guess not. But hey, a new Astral Raid is something?

Even if they'd release the new story chapter it'd be something, it feels like it's been so long since we had actual meaningful new content (summer was the last, I guess). The Valentine re-run had a bunch of nice rewards, but it was basically just running the standard/usual content and the current raid has been finished by me for days now (and I never even used honey/ashes).

I guess we'll see what happens when the raid ends. Maybe we'll learn more tomorrow.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
New Dragalia Life is up, featuring Irfan.
245aa9f5cd7d26af21f9de6f7c4980a1.png
Fukumitsu_0025 is probably the fastest DL fan artist, literally publishing Dragalia Life Fan Art within an hour of release.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
According to a dataminer on reddit today update changed the music associated to the Halloween Event stages. Mercurial Gauntlet Light and Shadow also had their HP, Base Overdrive and Base Break increased from levels 21 to level 50.

Trick or Treasure! rerun may be coming this week but Cygames teased new adventurers so Helly banner rerun isn't guaranteed.

Mecurial Gauntlet Flame Level 50:
HP = 1,714,095
BaseOD = 257,114
BaseBreak = 685,638

Mecurial Gauntlet Water Level 50:
HP = 2,162,733
BaseOD = 259,528
BaseBreak = 713,701

Mecurial Gauntlet Wind Level 50:
HP = 2,081,385
BaseOD = 312,209
BaseBreak = 520,346

Mecurial Gauntlet Shadow Level 50:
HP = 2,574,407
BaseOD = 386,161
BaseBreak = 1,029,763

Mecurial Gauntlet Light Level 50:
HP = 2,739,901
BaseOD = 410,985
BaseBreak = 1,095,960

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
According to a dataminer on reddit today update changed the music associated to the Halloween Event stages. Mercurial Gauntlet Light and Shadow also had their HP, Base Overdrive and Base Break increased from levels 21 to level 50.

Trick or Treasure! rerun may be coming this week but Cygames teased new adventurers so Helly banner rerun isn't guaranteed.
I thought CyGames would save a Trick or Treasure rerun for next month to lead into a new Halloween event. I guess they want players to spend their Wyrmite chasing H!Elly and the new adventurers before Anniversary.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got another 3 weekly HMS pub wins with my F2P NOTTE alt.
FpogYLB.jpg
wd1jqhm.jpg
r2gV2OS.jpg
First clear was with 2 Mym's and a Verica, which was a pretty solid run with little issues. Verica and a Mym stayed for the 2nd run, along with a Sarisse for another smooth run, though the Sarisse died towards the end from doing a skill in his 8-Way Trident Tempest. 3rd Clear was with a Marth, Sarisse, and a V! Hilde, and I super messed up midway through by using my S2 in the middle of his Trident Tempest so I got carried the rest of the way through. Overall, pretty decent runs aside from the last one.

So during a Void Battles week, Fukumitsu decided to see how high a damage number Xiao Lei could do to the Obsidian Golem. Party member testing included Elisanne/Melody/Heinwald for Strength buffs as well as Irfan for Crit rate. The highest was 108,580 damage using Xiao Lei, Irfan, Elisanne, and Heinwald. As a result, a lot of fan art featuring Irfan and Xiao Lei was drawn.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween rerun would be super weird? Why not do that literally next month? I guess if they want a new facility for that...?

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I thought CyGames would save a Trick or Treasure rerun for next month to lead into a new Halloween event. I guess they want players to spend their Wyrmite chasing H!Elly and the new adventurers before Anniversary.
But last year Halloween event started October 17th so they were running short of time. At this point I thought they would just have a rerun this year with a new banner and some stories like they did with the Brides banner.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
my wishlist :

-fix whatever is causing people to appear as "Waiting" forever in lobbies

-actually have defense events from time to time. I assumed the fire emblem one was gonna be the first of many, and I assume people who started in the fire emblem event may feel cheated

-diploma trade up

Re: Halloween

remember that most (all?) of the rerun events don't come with the original summon banner, but with a new one

maybe Halloween gets a banner beforehand, like with Ieyasu, who had a repeat banner long before the actual event, and in the event he didn't appear as summonable, tho that may not explain the music thing

or maybe it's the other way around ; we get Halloween early, complete with the banner, and actual Halloween is something else.... maybe a different halloween event/banner

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
my wishlist :

-actually have defense events from time to time. I assumed the fire emblem one was gonna be the first of many, and I assume people who started in the fire emblem event may feel cheated

-diploma trade up

remember that most (all?) of the rerun events don't come with the original summon banner, but with a new one

maybe Halloween gets a banner beforehand, like with Ieyasu, who had a repeat banner long before the actual event, and in the event he didn't appear as summonable, tho that may not explain the music thing

or maybe it's the other way around ; we get Halloween early, complete with the banner, and actual Halloween is something else.... maybe a different halloween event/banner

We just had valentine's rerun with the original banner.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
my wishlist :

-diploma trade up

You mean... people just being AFK?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wish they would lean into seasonal events being rerun out of season and rerun Christmas now and Halloween in December.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I don't know if there's really even a reason to fully rerun the events, I guess?

Just give access to the story and the facility materials boss for the old stuff, because that's all that actually matters. Then just add the new event for this year. There's no real reason to rerun the old challenge battle points ladder for everyone, and if you just let the old materials boss stick around for a longer time it should be pretty simple for players who missed it to casually get the old facility.

Maybe this is just some amount of slowly built up frustration with reruns/the two event types suddenly leaking out, but I think it'll feel a bit too much like outright padding to have the entire Halloween challenge battle again instead of something new, only then to then do a new Halloween event again in the next month. Better to just let new players access the stuff they missed without having the expectation that new players will be going through it too, is my feeling.

Of course, we've talked about this before, but some kind of permanent event log + access to the materials bosses feels like it'd be a good idea for facility events at this point. Could even offer the challenge battle with the points ladder, it just only refreshes the one time when it's added instead of being a thing that's theoretically rerun repearedly. Hmm.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
well, they could let us kick people out if they stall too long

but reddit is telling me that they have tested it over discord and people connect successfully to the lobby, just that the others don't see them and only get an eternal waiting state

Now I feel a little bit bad for emoting at them constantly

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
Three consecutive reruns would be unfortunate, but for selfish reasons I hope that halloween rerun will be next so I can have a boost for High Zodiark.

The anniversary can't come soon enough. It would be a great time to introduce sparking. Aso, these 5* summon tickets have been collecting dust for so long and it would be great if they could update the pool for that. Most important for me would be new, challenging content.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
Looks like someone released the info a day early and they had to delete it. That said, I hope that there is more than new void enemies come the end of this event.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Same here.

If we do get something it'll probably be the datamined Halloween re-run, though. It's been a rough month for veteran players. I still have faith that the anniversary will deliver, but what a road we'll travel to get there. At least I'm keeping busy in FGO farming Nero Fest, while logging in for my dailies and such in DL. Then there's Magia Record...

So yeah, I've still been keeping busy!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
They reposted it a little later:

In the mean time, a couple more Irfan fan art popped up within the last 24 hours due to the Dragalia Life:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yessss. Glad to get the void endeavors out the way earlier in the month. Gonna need the wyrmmyte and weapon Gold Bricks for the anniversary and High Zodiark.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh I'll be able to finish off my gold fafnirs too. Hope there is a double Avenue to Fortune event for the anniversary so I can make the most of them

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
More Void? D: I mean, I guess I'm grateful but when you have MUBed BSG Fafnirs and have seeds for days, there isn't much else to do apart from hope for a Squishum (which I'm still waiting on!)

In the past day, I've managed to grind enough Orbs to fully complete the Wind Dracolith. Glad to have that ticked off along with the Altars. Bring on the Anniversary!

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So I need to switch to my backup iPhone SE while I send my Android phone into repair to fix a screen burn-in issue.

I've read that I won't be able to use any Diamantium I have on my Android phone when switching to iOS. Are there any other known limitations when switching?

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I need to switch to my backup iPhone SE while I send my Android phone into repair to fix a screen burn-in issue.

I've read that I won't be able to use any Diamantium I have on my Android phone when switching to iOS. Are there any other known limitations when switching?
Not that I recall when I switched. Diamentium should only be affective by the switch. Just make sure your file is linked and you're good.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I recall when I switched. Diamentium should only be affective by the switch. Just make sure your file is linked and you're good.
Thank you for confirming.

I've double checked the account is linked and screenshot the UserID just in case. I don't want to risk anything; especially with Anniversary just around the corner.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 10 releasing tomorrow alongside a new banner (Lea!).

No event posting though, leads me to believe it really will just be the Void battles and that's it. Even with the new story, it's going to be a slow week. At least we still have the anniversary to look forward to, which will likely begin when maintenance ends on the 16th (it'll probably be an event leading up to the day as well as beyond it).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So the Flower in the Fray gals have now been added, with the cheeky banner name of Knights of Glory (the old game where most of the DL character designs come from). Apparently Lea and Emma were literally Knights of the original Alberius, so it'll be interesting to see what their story is in DL. Time travel is possible in the DL world since we had Future Zethia, maybe that plays a part. From a Reddit post, even the banner logo art is a reference to the the original KoG's logo.
goa5799lswl31.png
Flower%20in%20the%20Fray-wyrmprint_0.png
Here's a lightning fast fan art of Lea published 41 minutes after her reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.