• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just be sure to use that ten-fold before it expires!
Ugh, yeah mine expires on the 20th =(
So the Flower in the Fray gals have now been added, with the cheeky banner name of Knights of Glory (the old game where most of the DL character designs come from). Apparently Lea and Emma were literally Knights of the original Alberius, so it'll be interesting to see what their story is in DL. Time travel is possible in the DL world since we had Future Zethia, maybe that plays a part.

I always thought the flower in the fray girl was Zethia, lol.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
No halloween facility is big RIP. Guess I'll use Odetta or Lucretia if High Zodiark is paralyze immune, Fleur and Yachiyo are considerations if he can be paralyzed. Hildegarde obviously for the healing role.

They actually skipped the What's Ahead for Dragalia Lost this time (maybe discontinued it) because they don't want to spill the beans on anniversary. 🤔

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, Emma is a pure support unit. Don't think there's been a non healer with no attack skills yet right? Be interesting to see how you can build a Doublebuff team around her. Guessing we're likely to see the other elements get units with the on-element 25% Str buff as an S1 soon.

God damn Apollo's VA could not sound more bored could they?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
No halloween facility is big RIP. Guess I'll use Odetta or Lucretia if High Zodiark is paralyze immune, Fleur and Yachiyo are considerations if he can be paralyzed. Hildegarde obviously for the healing role.

They actually skipped the What's Ahead for Dragalia Lost this time (maybe discontinued it) because they don't want to spill the beans on anniversary. 🤔

Um, they posted something very similiar to it on the first this month.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really excited for the new story chapter tomorrow. Its gonna be a big one, everything is lining up.
All the siblings are being united, it's the last dracolith, the 6th greatwyrm is gonna be explained, the missing sibling might be addressed.
I'm expecting a big shakeup going into the second year of the game, the fact another greatwyrm is showing up now really suggests to me that we are getting the Earth element.
It probably wont be released tomorrow, but I think the story is going to reveal it, and the first big update after the anniversary is going to be a shakeup to the element system, introducing Earth, adding a new weapon type and giving us our first Earth weak raid event, our first Earth summon showcase and a free welfare unit.
Either that or it IS released tomorrow and we get a free Earth unit and dragon from the story, but I cant imagine them changing the entire element system without warning us beforehand

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm definitely going through the new chapter as quickly as possible. It's going to be important I bet, and I don't want to get spoiled on it.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
If we are going to get a new weapon type, what would you want it to be?
I'd like another ranged weapon option like guns or throwing weapons.
Introducing guns would pave the way for a Gunslinger Joe alt which makes so much sense.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If we are going to get a new weapon type, what would you want it to be?
I'd like another ranged weapon option like guns or throwing weapons.
Introducing guns would pave the way for a Gunslinger Joe alt which makes so much sense.

Guns. In JRPGs I always use guns if I can, so I'd be thrilled for them to be in DL

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Ugggh, why do they keep adding adorable flame adventurers when my flame team is already stacked?! So far this year we've gotten Gala Sarisse, Valentine's Ezelith, Yue, Student Maribelle, Serena, and now Emma can join the cute club. It's all too much!

So with the Flower in the Fray characters added in, I did a quick run-through of all the Wyrmprints and it looks like Forte and Nephren are now the only two featured characters that have no other appearances in-game beyond their Wyrmprints:

400040_01_portrait.png

400042_01_portrait.png

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So the EN DL Twitter is localizing the chibi Dragon drawings as DragaliaMinis, guess we'll see if they'll localize all of them since there's quite a few now.

Some more fan art of the new banner units have cropped up.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
No event posting though, leads me to believe it really will just be the Void battles and that's it. Even with the new story, it's going to be a slow week. At least we still have the anniversary to look forward to, which will likely begin when maintenance ends on the 16th (it'll probably be an event leading up to the day as well as beyond it).
I don't think anything anniversary related will start before the 27th outside of the log-in bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if the event starting next week is just a rerun.

I'm really excited for the new story chapter tomorrow. Its gonna be a big one, everything is lining up.
All the siblings are being united, it's the last dracolith, the 6th greatwyrm is gonna be explained, the missing sibling might be addressed.
I'm expecting a big shakeup going into the second year of the game, the fact another greatwyrm is showing up now really suggests to me that we are getting the Earth element.
Unless I'm wrong it still not confirmed that the Netherwyrm is the 6th greatwyrm (Chthonius/Pluto).

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
This new banner is tempting to pull on but I'll wait and see how the free+daily pulls go and how the pre-anniversary bait banner is before deciding where to use my expiring tenfold - who is doing the same?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
My pity rate increased today on the windswept warriors banner and I decided I wasnt very interested in this next banner so used my expiring tenfold today, got the new Wind Dragon out of it so pretty cool

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
What's Ahead was more long-term and detailed. It was more than a snapshot of some events that are happening in the next few weeks.
They're probably holding off until during/after Anniversary before diving into long-term plans. I'm sure they'll be announcing at the very least what the next set of high level content will be after Zodiark HDT.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What's Ahead was more long-term and detailed. It was more than a snapshot of some events that are happening in the next few weeks.

It's the same thing either way; they're just dodging anniversary news as you noted at first, but I'm not sure it not being What's Ahead to begin with is due to that. This could also just be the new approach going forward, since it was more or less covering month by month or so anyway.

As always, we'll see soon enough.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same thing either way; they're just dodging anniversary news as you noted at first, but I'm not sure it not being What's Ahead to begin with is due to that. This could also just be the new approach going forward, since it was more or less covering month by month or so anyway.

As always, we'll see soon enough.

The last what's ahead was pretty much the same as this month in dragalia.

But yeah, obviously they're saving the anniv news for the 18th like they said in the news.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
The last what's ahead was pretty much the same as this month in dragalia.

But yeah, obviously they're saving the anniv news for the 18th like they said in the news.
In addition to talking about upcoming events (fire facility), it introduced two big new features, Astral Raids and Alliances, and also had some more personal comments at the end (and freebies). This Month only talked about upcoming events that are continuations of existing content (new story, new high dragon trial, new void battles). No new features and no personal comments about the state of the game / future plans.

Granted, alliances have not really been that big in the game thus far, but hopefully there is more planned for it. Astral Raids are just reusing raid bosses so it's not that new, but at least it's something.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I think it's pretty much a given that they will do a new dragalia digest soon detailing the anniversary celebration and what's next for the game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to look at all the "What's Ahead for Dragalia Lost," and Okada (Part 5 and This Month) has yet to talk about any upcoming features which were added, improved or changed due to feedback or any upcoming QoL updates in general. Void Battles were vaguely talked about all the way in Part 1 as a way to bridge the gap between High Dragons and Master IO, while even Part 4 introduced crafting UI improvements, multiple dragon food feeding, and AI adjustments. Okada hasn't talking about any similar upcoming features/QoL updates, we'll learn soon enough if that's because they're saving them for Anniversary.

Here's a couple more pieces of fan art for the upcoming banner.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it wasnt very climactic for me either
But I suppose it wasnt really a finale, just a midway point of sorts.
Cthonius seemingly being another shadow dragon was quite lame.
And why was Brunhilda not there?
Zodiark said something about her staying on her volcano and seeing him off, but I dont get why she wouldn't be with the others.
Gala(?) Euden looks pretty cool.
Really curious what the secret was at the end about Euden's birth
Next chapter has bloody Androids lol, j wonder if they will be connected to that weird robotic cube in the EX fight

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I did 6 ten-rolls just to get Emma. I counted at least 20 4-star adventurers before I got her. Only one of them was Vanessa (the other 4-star on rate-up).

Plus side, I got spooked by Student Maribelle. I was actually cackling when she showed up. Always gotta remember that probabilities are merely that.

Now I have less than 100 rolls left over. Guess I should start going through my backlog of adventurer and dragon stories... could probably get a cool 5k out of that. Heh.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*5 star sword drops*

xander dupe

woooooo

edit: dumped my single tickets and on the final two got Emma (who I was pulling for) and Student Maribelle (now I can replace sinoa with Emma and still have a wand coab). Mission accomplished.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
barely anything's happened; why would it be a climax?

Overall, pretty decent. Lots of lore stuff but kinda dragged out way too long instead of getting to the point (especially as I had it on auto while I was eating so no voices got skipped at all, and boy does Zodiark ever take years for his voice lines to finish). Similarly wish they'd just get to the point with saying Morsayati just cares about fighting Illia or not or whatever, given how unconcerned they are with humans.

And though it's less of a problem than it has been, I also continue to be annoyed by how slow the story updates compared to how fast it moves through things. The arrangement with Chelle is already gone? So much for that...

Not sure how to feel about whatever stuff they're hinting at with the 10 days after their birth thing, but android nonsense sounds appealing, at least. That weird cube was neat too.

...also, was kinda expecting the last sibling to dramatically arrive? Hmm.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New story didn't go the way I expected, but it was still fun enough. As for gala predictions...

We're definitely getting a Light Sword Gala Euden to go alongside High Zodiarc. Goodbye my dream of Gala Zethia...for now... :(

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the story was pretty good this time. Lots of lore and ended with some good hooks for what's to come.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
barely anything's happened; why would it be a climax?

Overall, pretty decent. Lots of lore stuff but kinda dragged out way too long instead of getting to the point (especially as I had it on auto while I was eating so no voices got skipped at all, and boy does Zodiark ever take years for his voice lines to finish). Similarly wish they'd just get to the point with saying Morsayati just cares about fighting Illia or not or whatever, given how unconcerned they are with humans.

And though it's less of a problem than it has been, I also continue to be annoyed by how slow the story updates compared to how fast it moves through things. The arrangement with Chelle is already gone? So much for that...

Not sure how to feel about whatever stuff they're hinting at with the 10 days after their birth thing, but android nonsense sounds appealing, at least. That weird cube was neat too.

...also, was kinda expecting the last sibling to dramatically arrive? Hmm.

Quite disappointed that they didn't even

bother to mention that the 5th heir is missing. If Morsayati exists in their blood, then surely he can tell that there is missing member of the family. It's weird how no one seems to care -- as if they're unaware of having an extra sibling at all. I'm really curious if this will have a good payoff in the future.

Also, Chthonius/Pluto better come back. The ruler of the underworld has to be able to revive itself some point in the future. It would truly be anti-climatic if this is his final appearance. Can you imagine the missing sibling being given the same treatment? Shows up and dies in the same Chapter -- leaving you to wonder why they are they relevant in the first place.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quite disappointed that they didn't even

bother to mention that the 5th heir is missing. If Morsayati exists in their blood, then surely he can tell that there is missing member of the family. It's weird how no one seems to care -- as if they're unaware of having an extra sibling at all. I'm really curious if this will have a good payoff in the future.

Also, Chthonius/Pluto better come back. The ruler of the underworld has to be able to revive itself some point in the future. It would truly be anti-climatic if this is his final appearance. Can you imagine the missing sibling being given the same treatment? Shows up and dies in the same Chapter -- leaving you to wonder why they are they relevant in the first place.

Something might be going on with Pluto... what that something is, who knows.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I did 2~10 shots. Got the new 4* and that's about it. I'm fine with that as I scored Victor in my final 10-shot before the wind event ended. I also don't really need any new fire units that terribly bad.

Also, I need to save up for the anniversary. No idea what's coming, but need to be ready!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a heads up, Void Shop now has 100 Consecrated Waters and 100 Dragonfruit as well as the Light Slime Statue. I feel like the extra Waters/Dragonfruit would have been good to mention in the "This Month" update.
This chapter definitely felt more like the first half of a climax instead of having a resolution of some kind. I agree that the pacing feels kinda rushed when it comes to stuff like Chelle agreeing to work with us and then "betraying" us in the very next chapter. However, we did learn a lot of lore and Alberius, though we still don't know why Future Zethia wanted to stop us I don't think. A bit bummed about no freebies outside the shadow dracolith, but c'est la vie.
On my F2P NOTTE account, my free daily deal was a dupe Francesca.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Paying the price for unlocking all the adventurer stories because I'm out of mana now... I hope they gift us some for anniversary lol.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So five siblings have sworn fealty to Morsayati and now stand against Euden. I wonder if these 5 will be the next set of High Dragon Trails for Year 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.