• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my plan is to do the Platinum Summon first thing (and hope I don't get a duplicate Mym). If I get Euden, I can skip his banner entirely and just do the free daily pulls and focus on the Sarisse/Ranzal/Mym/Cleo banner when it hits.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Delphi apparently has perma 60% STR down on himself. That's weird but he's cute so it's probably okay.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was scrolling down that just now and reached the dragon and: what the fuck

laughing at how many theories that have been posted here just got blown apart by a banner, I guess??

Cthonius is dark, and the aura is strength + extra strength after shifting, like dragon claws

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
DL Twitter posted Notte artwork for the Digest.

Delphi apparently has perma 60% STR down on himself. That's weird but he's cute so it's probably okay.

I think it goes away after he force strikes. If I'm understanding the text right, he gains the "lose 60% strength but FS inflicts poison" buff after he S1's, then after force striking he's back to normal since the passive itself is called "Poisonous Cage." It's definitely worded weirdly though, so I might be wrong.

Last edited:

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Mega Man banner will only feature one mega man. I am pretty sure that they will feature the classic Mega Man (possibly look like 11), but I really want Zero from Zero series

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it goes away after he force strikes. If I'm understanding the text right, he gains the "lose 60% strength but FS inflicts poison" buff after he S1's, then after force striking he's back to normal since the passive itself is called "Poisonous Cage." It's definitely worded weirdly though, so I might be wrong.

The way it's written makes it sound like he's always got the STR down, and each time he S1s, his FS is buffed to inflict poison. I assume the STR down is balanced by him having high uptime on his S1 defense down, and having a really high poison infliction rate with his flurry poison edge passive. He sounds super fun the more I think about it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone just noticed this on Reddit. Perhaps accidental spoiler?

gjxg6z3vwvo31.png

Hint: Top Left.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm more excited for the welfare adventurer from the raid, he looks awesome. That being said if I pull the 6th Greatwyrm on that banner using the free tenfolds I will be very happy.

Someone just noticed this on Reddit. Perhaps accidental spoiler?

gjxg6z3vwvo31.png

Hint: Top Left.
I swear I've seen that before.
Dont Zethia and Future Zethia team up to knock the Other out of the king, only for Zethia to end up being possessed instead?
It has been a while since that chapter so I cant quite remember

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
It did? I don't remember it at all. It almost looks like the two of them are battling alongside each other, which...made me think things.
Around 2:10 in this video:

To be fair it was content available at launch so it's no wonder it's hard to remember

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Around 2:10 in this video:

To be fair it was content available at launch so it's no wonder it's hard to remember

Now that takes me back. How times flies. Thanks for the clarification!

Seeing them stand side-by-side though, what a beautiful sight. Maybe by next anniversary...

Also, look. 300 free wyrmite! For an issue that many of us probably didn't know existed (I did though, since I tried to watch both streams simultaneously).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Maybe the new bosses we're gonna fight after High Dragons are androids. Someone already drew some fan art of the one we were teased with.
The way it's written makes it sound like he's always got the STR down, and each time he S1s, his FS is buffed to inflict poison. I assume the STR down is balanced by him having high uptime on his S1 defense down, and having a really high poison infliction rate with his flurry poison edge passive. He sounds super fun the more I think about it.

His kit's definitely unique, since both his skills do a ton of different things (S1 does defense down, recharges, and sets up his passive, while S2 does strength down, recharges, inflicts poison, and has Fjorm/Lea "take Damage to deal more damage effect"). I think he's got the strongest debuffs, since I wanna say the strongest we've seen so far before him has been 10% from a single skill while both of his is 15%. He's also the first non-Wind adventurer that inflicts poison, which is neat.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
It's a mixed bag for me.

Lots of free stuff, more difficulty modes added for raids / high dragon trials, and harder bosses than hdt planned for the future.

No sparking, no dream summon, no new game mode. Higher tier mana circle could be bad depending on implementation, same for timed PvP. I hope they shake things up for the raid / facility event loop more than adding some extra difficulties, but it doesn't sound like they will.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It just dawned on me. Are we really not getting an actual anniversary event at all? Is it just the double drops and that's it? It seems very strange in retrospect, I was kind of hoping we'd get a cool event like we did for New Years, with lots of useful item drops we could grind out and a fun little story to go with it. From the looks of it, the next event will be October 4th, which means we went the month of September without a single new event. I know we had High Zodiark (even though he's not viable for many yet, myself included), a new story chapter, two new void battles and an astral raid (the other two being repeats), but no actual new "event".

For someone who likes to throw parties, you'd think Euden would want to celebrate one year of the Halidom. As nice as some of the announced anniversary stuff is, it's going to feel strange to log in tomorrow, do my summons on the gala banner and have no anniversary event/story to run through. I didn't want to complain about the lack of new events this month, since I kept telling myself "The anniversary is at the end of the month, they'll have a bunch of new stuff to unload!" but we didn't really get any of that. Now I know why we didn't get double drops prior to the anniversary, but instead two sets of void battle endeavors. They wanted to save the double drops for the anniversary itself. :(

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"Fractured Futures" seems to be the actual event, a raid-type starting on 9/29.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When Cygames celebrate anniversary in their games, it's usually not an event that focuses on the anniversary itself. But an event that releases near it, that way it's not considered a seasonal event and it can occur through rerun or whatever. See princess connect or gbf anniversary for an example.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
"Fractured Futures" seems to be the actual event, a raid-type starting on 9/29.
I completely forgot about that one, good call!

When Cygames celebrate anniversary in their games, it's usually not an event that focuses on the anniversary itself. But an event that releases near it, that way it's not considered a seasonal event and it can occur through rerun or whatever. See princess connect or gbf anniversary for an example.
I don't play Princess Connect (please release English version, Cygames!) and it's been a while since I've played GBF seriously, so I couldn't remember how they usually handled things. I guess this is usual, then.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, as I am excited for the double drops. Nice to know I have that event starting on the 29th, at least.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah fractured futures sounds like the anniversary event since it's so story relevant. I guess limited banners are now completely dead outside of collabs too.

Kinda spoilers for the anniversary event this is so damn cute and makes me feel quite emotional

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see smiling Zethia, I cry a little.

I just hope Morsayati hasn't destroyed her mentally, she didn't see to be in a "good place" at the beginning of chapter 10. :(

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
My top bit of news from the Digest was the increased release rate of story chapters. I enjoyed each of the chapters we've gotten so far, but them coming out once every three months meant the overall plot progression has been practically glacial. Here's hoping we might actually save Zethia in year two with all these extra story chapters.

Gala Euden looks crazy strong. I've got 41k wyrmite to spend on pulling him. I also saw that reddit post about his S2 and think its pretty cool that it is a combination of the main five story character's skills in one. Literally the power of friendship.

I'm glad to hear Cygames are adding actual rewards to High Dragon Trials. The farmable dragon and Fafnir statue were pretty small and/or useless bonuses, so I was mainly doing the fights just because they were fun to play. They've made making 5.3 weapons easier than ever (and for HMC/HJP/HZD made them unnecessary for the most part thanks to the bane weapons being so much better) so its good to see what will probably be a reason for actually MUBing your regular 5.3 weapons so you can then upgrade them into the High Dragon version. I assume these new weapons will be the baseline for the highest difficulty trials.

Omega Raids are probably going to be utter bonkers considering the new raid buffs. You can see in the update notes that the buffs gets pretty damn huge, like +100% strength at max, so the Omega Raid boss ought to be tanky as hell to not get obliterated.

I'm not sure how to feel about the augment cap going up so soon. On one hand, more power is always nice. On the other hand, I have a little more than two max augment adventurers at this point (so just the one maxed out after the cap goes up) and augment materials come at an absolute drip feed. We get +30 to one stat for each Astral Raid, but we've only been getting two a month thanks to raid events. Either Cygames needs to up the augment material drop rate or start adding augments to regular events. Otherwise making a single team of max augmented characters/prints would literally take years!

The new boss looks interesting and the other silhouettes are intriguing. One of them is clearly a twin boss fight which is something really new to look forward to. Hopefully the speculation of these being farmable characters like the Eternals in GBF end up being true.

The Mega Man event was out of left field. For a while I thought that subtitle referred to some Mega Man mobile game that was being crossed over with but it is just the event title. I wonder what weapon types we'll see. If I had to guess, Mega Man could be a Wand (or Bow?) character who has a locked weapon appearance like Veronica does so he uses his Mega Buster instead of his 'real' weapon type. Zero is a pretty obvious inclusion as a sword character as well.

Not sure how to rate the post-Gala banner units. The dagger user is so unique it is hard to get an idea of if he is good or not. The new wand seems worse than Gleo (duh) and Veronica, but they're both limited so I guess having a 5* shadow wand in the permanent pool is fine. Her design is cool and looking at her description I figure she'll have some neat story bits with Cleo. Is she a time traveler, though? Cthonius seems strong.

The welfare character and dragon for the upcoming event look cool, but this is probably a case of 'wasting' good designs on ultimately bad characters. The dragon will for sure be useless but maybe the character will end up being good like Botan. Otherwise a cool design will be wasted on a mediocre raid freebie.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to add:

'Sup! is absolutely the best sticker in the game and objective proof that the English dub is superior.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
After I patched the game I changed the BGM to Cinderella step and now I cant get it out of my head

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe the iOS update of 1.12.0 still isn't live. This is driving me crazy!

As for all the DD news updates, they met and exceeded all my expectations. New story every two months! New weapons and high level content! Also, very excited to pull for Gala Euden with my 43k wyrmite stash (please be enough!). Already have all the other Gala characters, so I will save the rest for the Mega Man banner when (if?) I get him I suppose.

Speaking of that, we really shouldn't be too surprised by Mega Man coming, what with the *SPOILERS* mentioned in the chapter 11 preview. This seems to be a major shift in the story, and may be a focus going forward, especially when it comes to crossovers. Eager to see what the next few months brings, other than the promised laundry list of features.

Stay winning Cygames and Nintendo.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly super happy with everything I've seen so far and having Cinderella Step back is the icing on the cake! I already have it stuck in my head again and don't even mind :P

Oh and my hope is futile I know that but I want Megaman.exe :(

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Every time I see smiling Zethia, I cry a little.

I just hope Morsayati hasn't destroyed her mentally, she didn't see to be in a "good place" at the beginning of chapter 10. :(
We've already seen future Zethia wearing Morsayati's outfit though, so it's clear she escapes alive at some point.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The rewards over the next couple of weeks will be fantastic; especially Mini Mid, a free 5* Core Weapon and a 5* Dragon voucher.

After watching the Digest again, those HDT Time Trials sounds like it will split the playerbase between the Have and Have Nottes. How are players expected to rank high on HBH if you didn't pull Fjorm from the FEH event? But maybe that won't be an issue once the High Dragon weapons are available.

Best of all; Sarisse and her "Sup" sticker will replace the terrible Euden "Hey" sticker for lobby intros.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god Agni PUGs are a fucking nightmare there is no way I'm going to reach the quota tonight. Shouldn't have put it off so long.

do it manually. as long as you have a good water sword, and a good healer and healer helper, it should be better than random coop

if you have the easter wyrmprint that adds 30% more speed to the overload bar decrease, it's even better

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
After watching the Digest again, those HDT Time Trials sounds like it will split the playerbase between the Have and Have Nottes. How are players expected to rank high on HBH if you didn't pull Fjorm from the FEH event? But maybe that won't be an issue once the High Dragon weapons are available.

Assuming that Fjorm strats will even work on Expert or Master HBH.

Will a Volcanic Queen-less Fjorm be able to survive the opening blast? Maybe with very high facility bonuses and augments.

Will Fjorm need the High Dragon weapon to do enough damage?

Will it even be possible to fit enough damage into the limited window where Fjorm can remain alive? Don't forget that Fjorm runs have (or had, pre-augments/facility cap raise) a hard limit to how long they can go. Shortly after the break HBH will start dropping volcanoes and they will systematically kill off the entire group. So if a group of four Fjorms can't finish off Expert HBH in 50~ seconds or so then the strat is dead.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming that Fjorm strats will even work on Expert or Master HBH.

Will a Volcanic Queen-less Fjorm be able to survive the opening blast? Maybe with very high facility bonuses and augments.

Will Fjorm need the High Dragon weapon to do enough damage?

Will it even be possible to fit enough damage into the limited window where Fjorm can remain alive? Don't forget that Fjorm runs have (or had, pre-augments/facility cap raise) a hard limit to how long they can go. Shortly after the break HBH will start dropping volcanoes and they will systematically kill off the entire group. So if a group of four Fjorms can't finish off Expert HBH in 50~ seconds or so then the strat is dead.
Looks like I mixed up the base HDT with Expert HDT.

Even if Fjorm cheese doesn't work on Expert HDT; it still opens the door to future cheese techniques dominating the top spots. I know having Time Trial and Player rankings are a staple for gacha games; but it's led me to drop those games in the past.

Just a slight concern from an otherwise great Dragalia Digest. Alliances were introduced and so far it's just been a nice login bonus. Hopefully the ranking bonuses are similar to Mercurial Gauntlet monthly payouts.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to spend some the 10 ticket I had + some of my wyrmite hoard on the current banner even with Gala ahead, since I really mostly need dragons at this point. I got Vayu (new) from the first daily, and then did dailies + used a few single tickets to rate up once. It immediately paid off.

Then I did get junk for pulls 3+4 and even got Hawked at 5, but that's definitely more than an acceptable cost for the first pull let alone the bonus Nidhogg. That Cupid alone is a really excellent gain as it means he's now 2UB just like my Gil is (or would be, I keep 1UB+0UB separate for if I need the extra res on someone else too); that's not only a free sunstone, but I also don't have to be conflicted at all about bringing the better dragon to MUB for Zodiark despite costing an extra stone!

meanwhile now having 2UB Nidhogg is kinda funny, as while it's not much of a gain gameplay-wise, I've actually been using "Death's Reveler" as my title for a while now (as I help my alliance try to kill Mercury...), so I guess it's only fitting that he'd show up again?

Now... I'll need to set some kind of very hard limit for Euden since it's very easy for me to just keep going more than my initial limits now (I originally meant to only do 1-3). I don't want to spend too much without sparking, but I also don't want to spend so little that having a stash is worthless, hmm. Also, man, I gotta pick what IOs to dump energy into during 2x. I'm kinda going to have a ridiculous amount of insignias with no idea which I should stock up on, especially without any idea what those new weapons will use (beyond the cost of the 5.3s involved), so I'll have to be smart about it...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Now... I'll need to set some kind of very hard limit for Euden since it's very easy for me to just keep going more than my initial limits now (I originally meant to only do 1-3). I don't want to spend too much without sparking, but I also don't want to spend so little that having a stash is worthless, hmm. Also, man, I gotta pick what IOs to dump energy into during 2x. I'm kinda going to have a ridiculous amount of insignias with no idea which I should stock up on, especially without any idea what those new weapons will use (beyond the cost of the 5.3s involved), so I'll have to be smart about it...
Go for 300 pulls. It's a lot; but we're getting ~160 pulls with the daily 10 pull, 5k login bonus and 2.5k Social reward. Most players were saving up the 300 for Spark anyways and it's Gala rates.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I might legitimately finish with IO during the double drop event.

I only need 2200 silver coins to finish all my remaining Dojos. I'm already done with bronze coins and will almost certainly finish gold while I'm finishing silver. I have a ton of honey saved up. I probably don't even have to grind double drops for all that long to even make it there.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
iOS users unite! Just managed my last high zodiark clear needed for the week and managed to get both the statue and the dragon!

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I'm really happy about the new faster pace for story chapters + extra story events. The abysmal story pace so far is my biggest complaint about Dragalia, so that was the best possible news for me. Well, the Megaman crossover might rival that. One of my all-time favorite franchises.

I have no idea how they can actually implement Megaman characters, so I'm curious how it will go. The attack type that most looks like Megaman's attacks is staff of all things, so maybe a non-healer staff fighter? Zero or Protoman with swords? Dig deep to give us wind dagger Vent model HX and water lance Aile model LX?

Who knows, they might even use this to debut a new "android" weapon type that includes gun arms and rocket punches. That would be fun.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Potentially unlinking co-ability from weapon type and having co-abilities outside the eight we currently have is going to be very interesting going forward. They'll probably keep it to special adventurers for a little while.

I had the idea that maybe Mega Man could have a Force Strike co-ability and then have a passive that turns his FS into his classic charge shot instead of whatever the normal FS for his weapon type.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Personally not excited about the Mega Man crossover myself but if it'll bring in more people to the game I'm all for it.

I'm wondering if Cygames has decided to do away with limited characters. We got none during the summer and not counting the recurring Gala characters, there hasn't been a limited unit since Valentine's Hildegard. Prior to that however, we were getting them every two months: Halloween Elly, Dragonyule Cleo, and Valentine's Hildegard, then the Fire Emblem crossover + Ieyasu.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking that there'll be new Co-Abilities that aren't tied to weapon types as well, was fully expecting to only see them if they added new weapon types.

Personally not excited about the Mega Man crossover myself but if it'll bring in more people to the game I'm all for it.

I'm wondering if Cygames has decided to do away with limited characters. We got none during the summer and not counting the recurring Gala characters, there hasn't been a limited unit since Valentine's Hildegard. Prior to that however, we were getting them every two months: Halloween Elly, Dragonyule Cleo, and Valentine's Hildegard, then the Fire Emblem crossover + Ieyasu.
I'm actually surprised with how little limited units there are for the usual occasions coming from other gacha.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017

SPARED NO EXPENSE
The cast in their anniversary outfits are looking awesome
(Doesnt seem to be displaying the video unless you tap on the tweet)