• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think I am just really terrible at this game, I can't do any of the superhero solo quests, and can't do the megaman trial either.

I feel like i have decent adventurers, decent dragons, decent wyrmprints, decent shrines/castlegrounds and I am working on my weapons, but can't make any headway. I haven't even tried the High dragon master trials yet because I struggle on even the standard trials.

I'm not even sure what I am doing wrong, take my Dark element team options, I have Gleo, Yaten, Natalie, dVerica, Curran, Heinwald, Cassandra and Lathna (along with a 5* boosted Sazanka). MUB Shinobi, MUB Mirishiten, Good unbind circles 50 on Gleo, dVerica and natalie and high circles on the rest. maxed Dark Altar

BUT I just get rofflestomped on superhero solo. Its like I am missing an entire section of the game that I haven't understood

Hmm, well, if you don't mind sharing some screenshots of what teams you're using, I think we can help with this.

Just sharing units/dragons is also good like nico did earlier, of course. But since you seem unsure about your approaches in general, seeing teams might be better so we can see if you're using prints on units that may not benefit, and so on? And that'd get us a good look at the weapons you're using as well.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well here are the teams I am working with currently, I do have other 5* adventurers and I'm sure the wyrm prints are all messed up.

Ok, yeah, your prints are all over the place so that's an easy place to start. Were you using Optimize? Unfortunately, that tends to just throw things on people based on stats (including might) with no attempt to make sure the effects are even useable, let alone good.

Fire: Mym isn't a wand user so no Candy Couriers; if she was, RR would be worthless since Couriers hits the 40% skill damage cap on its own.
Water: Same applies but with swords for Fjorm and TSO; same goes for RR with TSO. Gelly can't use Couriers. The Heroes Arrive (I think that's the name?) on Gelly is also a bit lacking in use if she's not killing enough enemies to get Slayer's Strength.
Wind: RR + HoH on Maribelle is wasted since they go over the skill damage cap; dump both for Couriers and another print. Also, those HP dragons should get off your attackers; probably give Freyja to Akasha so you can use her skill (full HP regen for 15s + energize) in a pinch.
Light: Cleo has the RR + HoH issue. Make sure you're killing lots of enemies with Alfonse.
Dark: Drop TSO from Yaten since it hits the cap with Mega, and Mega's probably the better choice of the two.

Also, keep in mind that for dragons 4* are better at MUB than 5* at non-MUB. Can't really tell which have unbinds from these screenshots alone but given some of the assignments, I'm guessing there may be a few where you're using weaker dragons than you could be.

Your weapons seem a little lacking as well but I may just not be recognizing some of them; I can take another look when I'm at my computer in a bit.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
General reminder that MG is resetting the coming Saturday so now is the best time to catch up. There isn't much to do except clearing Wily Machine 2 between tonight and Thursday.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'll definitely give MG another try on my next free day for my F2P NOTTE account. I have a feeling that I can go higher on Wind now that we have Mega Man, since Fafnir Roy is the perfect enemy to maximize Leaf Shield on.

I really like that the Void Dragon weapons finally giving just a flat 30% Damage bonus to their associated High Dragons. Now we can definitively say that all 5.3 void dragon weapons are better than 5.3 core weapons for HDTs, since the previous 20% and outright not having it for staves made it a murkier topic.

I'm hopeful about the new Astral void weapons since Wind is still one of the weakest teams from a welfare perspective, only having Ranzal and Su Fang who aren't great. Valfarre seems to be the one that returns the most and I've still yet to get a Master clear on my NOTTE account.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well here are the teams I am working with currently, I do have other 5* adventurers and I'm sure the wyrm prints are all messed up.

So, now that I had some time, am I correct in these being your weapons?

Fire - 5.2 blade, 5.2 axe, 3.3 fire lance, 3.3 dark lance
Water - void lance, 5.2 sword, 5.2 axe, 5.3 light staff
Wind - 5.3 wind blade, 5.3 dark wand, 5.3 light staff, void blade
Light - event sword, halloween lance, 5.3 light staff, 5.2 bow
Dark - 5.3 dark wand, 5.3 dark sword, void blade, 3.3 dark staff

If so, my immediate suggestions...
1. You should probably make a 5.2 lance at this point, since you have enough lance-users. Give it to Mym, Fjorm, Annelie. Slight improvement over the 3.3s/void/event even at 0 UB, better with more. (Also, Emma's mainly buffing, so it's better for Mym to have the stronger weapon to begin with.)
2. Put that 5.2 blade Rena's using on Addis and Natalie as well, to get rid of the remaining voids.
3. ...maybe don't make another 5.3 staff unless you need it for an HD weapon.
4. For your next 5.3s, I'm thinking you probably want a fire blade and/or axe, along with a water lance (pick Gae Bolg for the 5.2 if so) or sword?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few MUB 5* dragons, marishiten, Shinobi and leviathan. Freyja and light siren are at 3UB, i have a bunch of other ones at 2UB or 1UB but I use them because their skill are awesome (like blue siren for skill enhancement). I guess I'm not being efficient with it.

I wish dragons weren't useless until MUB...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oh, the newest Dragalia Life is out btw, featuring Aoi, Rawn, Jurota, and Zardin:
315d03271060aa2a7123072b62890847.png

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I can't quite get the timing down for force strike cancels, does anyone have any tips? I'm specifically looking at the end of the blade combo, but is there somewhere else it's useful as well?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I can't quite get the timing down for force strike cancels, does anyone have any tips? I'm specifically looking at the end of the blade combo, but is there somewhere else it's useful as well?

Here's an optimal combo video Brotel made relatively recently:

I believe both lance and wand technically also benefit from using force strike canceling/failed forced strikes, but if you aren't able to do it consistently, you can still roll after the full attack combo to gain a slight DPS increase compared to just tapping full combos (I'm not sure if that's the case for blades though). Brotel has a correction in the comment section that says that c5 (5 taps) is actually optimal for axes for SP gain/damage, while the c5 + FS axe combo in the video is better for overdrive damage.

Dragalia is pretty complex in this regard because literally every character that has different SP costs is going to have a different optimal attack rotation, even when they have the same weapon. For example, Naveed wants to do c3FS 3 times + c1 to output his S1 the fastest, whereas Lea wants to c2FS 3 times + c2 to output her S1 the fastest because she has a slightly lower S1 SP cost. It's also why two players can perform completely differently in the same content despite having the exact same stats, since being able to play the character well in that content is a legitimately big factor, unlike most gachas. This google doc has the SP costs for every adventurer in case you wanted to play optimally with a certain favorite adventurer.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Another PUBs rage.

still trying to get through standard HZD in PUBs. I'm just surprised that many players know the meta for HZD but don't know you need the prints and void weapons to get through it. I have tried too many times that we can't break it during the stack because 1/2 other players used the HZD print. Another thing I have mentioned in discord is that some of them know how to bait the second stack but didn't dragon tank it...? Then, the dashes. I am still learning how to dodge it since it happens quicker than I expected, but PUBs like to bait them everywhere.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another PUBs rage.

still trying to get through standard HZD in PUBs. I'm just surprised that many players know the meta for HZD but don't know you need the prints and void weapons to get through it. I have tried too many times that we can't break it during the stack because 1/2 other players used the HZD print. Another thing I have mentioned in discord is that some of them know how to bait the second stack but didn't dragon tank it...? Then, the dashes. I am still learning how to dodge it since it happens quicker than I expected, but PUBs like to bait them everywhere.

Oh man if you need help with a standard clear, hit me up on DL's maincord.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Here's a recent artwork from the official DL Twitter of Mini Vodyanoy and Mini Stribog:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I still need Cleo from last year, but I already have Xander, Nefaria and Jeanne. So it'll be Cleo, and the new three that I still don't have (Malora, Xainfried, and Phoenix). I'll do a few pulls but nothing extreme, as axe characters don't particularly excite me. I made an exception for Halloween Mym and Gala Elisanne 'cause I love the characters, but I do not want another axe character right now. I'm not sure why they keep throwing them at us.

That being said, I do love Malora as well, so...

We'll see how it goes. The showcase didn't do a lot to detail the adventurers/dragon so I need to see their kits first.

Edit: Man, the Twitter comment so far from the Japanese players aren't exactly kind. I think they're getting tired of the re-runs as well. :/

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Fleur will definitely appreciate a Paralyze Punisher dragon. Just a heads up that the new Dragon will be permanent, like Prometheus was for the Valentine's banner.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
The dragon seems like a great fit for Albert, no?

Edit: sounds like the dragon is permanent, btw

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
We'll need to see if a poison-inflicting Dark boss is paralysis-resistant first before knowing if it's good on Albert. We already know Fleur will get a boost since HZD can be paralyzed. Dark Fafnir Roy, however, has a high base paralysis-resist chance; it's an affliction that's not treated like poison/burn that generally have 0% base resist because it's a DoT that technically also impedes an enemy's attacks, albeit less severe than the other afflictions like stun or sleep.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Dragalia Lost did what FGO does. They run the previous year's old seasonal content BEFORE what's new, so people who aren't happy with a re-run at least have something new to look forward to. These last several months for Dragalia Lost have been especially rough, I know my interest in the game is at an all-time low. Valentine's? Re-run! Halloween? Re-run! Christmas? You guessed it, re-run! I don't even care to summon characters/dragons anymore since I don't have meaningful content to run them on. If Agito Uprising is what I expect it to be too (i.e, HDT 2.0) that won't exactly rekindle my excitement. The only thing that can make things worse is if they re-run Ieyasu's event at the end of the year. I really hope they have SOMETHING new for then, and they don't just do an Eastern Emissaries re-run with a few new characters...

I love the game, but to someone who doesn't particularly enjoy the hgh-end/difficult content (i.e. Master HDT) there's really not much for me. The events were all I really had, so the constant streak of re-runs have soured me on the game as a whole. I know they had to do some restructuring from within (new Director and such), but it's just not in a good place for me right now.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So lemme get this straight. One of the LEAST popular adventurers in the entire game gets a seasonal alt... after two of the MOST popular adventurers in the entire game get seasonal alts last year? 🤔

I'm convinced someone at Cygames just throws a dart at a bunch of pictures while blindfolded to determine who the next alt recipients are. 😂

So like... I'm not having too much trouble with the game lately, beyond feeling like having "finished" IO kinda leaves me without much to focus on. But if we're just working through thoughts on where the game's at... well, I very sleepily found myself writing an absolute ton, jumping around between bullet points as I did, and I'm not sure how coherent it is as a result of both, so I tried to break things up a bit.

All this actually probably sounds way more negative than I am right now - at worst I'm kinda restless, with most of my ire directed at that bad energy UI! - but it was probably worth really digging into some concerns I've seen, and thinking about what may be good for other kinds of players, hmm.

• I'm mixed on thinking about "monetization" as someone who greatly enjoys this game but also kinda thinks gacha games are inherently exploitative and we'd probably be better off without them. I will say, as the person with the huge wyrmite hoard, the issue of "why should I pull for this" is absolutely a thing. Some of that's been due to just lucking into what I've wanted off dailies or my initial pulls, sure. But also- you only need so many characters in an element. It can be fun to change things up, but I'm not exactly scouting to build up my team at this point. And there's also many characters that I wanted for a long time, finally pulled (or even paid for, in Maribelle's case), and... just almost never use because I can only fit so many in a team.
  • Additionally, after the "unnecessary" spending of 4 ingots on Gleo's HD2 just now and 4 sunstones on H Mariti recently, I have access to about... 16 ingots and 18 sunstones? I think I technically bought 1 of the ingots and 2 of the stones (endeavors and then the cheap NY pack), but yeah. That's also with me going very wide on bond levels right now so that I don't waste the daily food, so I could potentially have another stone if I'd focused. And while those ingots will go to HD2s eventually, those stones don't have much of a use. I'll spend 1-3 on a wind 5* eventually but then that's at worst 15 left for vanity. Meanwhile I think I've used uhhhh 2 gold keys ever, maybe. I kinda don't know why people would be buying any of these at this point.
  • While I'm excited to have a much better pace of new story next year, how slow it's come out has been a problem. The fact that the pacing of the writing itself is uneven due to that is a problem too. And now we've stopped having as many new events with stories, which just makes it even worse. I don't think people are necessarily coming to the game for the story primarily, but having something that gives context/importance to what we're doing feels like it might relieve some of the tension around what's been added lately. Or at least provide something for more casual players to focus on. This lull has definitely made any rough bits stick out more; hopefully things improve going into the new year.
  • Personally, not sure how to feel about Void becoming the "second IO" in terms of what you should be spending stamina on day to day? I guess I need to start seeing it like this so that I do it and get more augments and hearts, but... I was kinda hoping to get some more varied content for new resources. It's weird to have the thing that was supposed to bridge IO and high dragons end up being something you kinda arbitrarily farm for other things. That's also not even touching on the huge amount of worthless Void weapons and materials clogging up my weapon box and inventory. Though in the end IO became all about the coins, it having coins and insignias and tablets and weapon materials made it feel generally useful in a way that Void doesn't currently... even if I have a huge pile of all those resources I'm never going to able to use, I did actually need them at some point.
  • Though, well. I guess it's not that weird to repurpose Void? Cause their attempts at using it to teach high dragon mechanics have kinda failed so far; it remains to be seen if this upcoming Manticore will do it any better. Voids are so easy that even though they do use some high dragon moves and encourage having to think more about certain attacks, this can often be brute forced whether by intent or by not knowing what you're doing and still surviving anyway. The same goes for Prelude, which do not force you to do the things you'd need to do in Standard/Expert, so you could think you're learning things ok while actually taking tons of lethal hits. I feel like the problem with this isn't really uninformed players in high dragons, though, it's that the fights remain very intimidating. And, like, they are difficult but I think a lot of more casual players still think they're way way worse or more time consuming than they actually are, and there are ways to teach them that they are in fact very capable of handling these fights.
  • I continue to want some kind of dungeon-focused content, ever since that early datamine that seemingly turned into Gauntlet, since I think that would really address multiple concerns. Requiring multiple teams is probably too much of an ask, but something like... it's co-op, and still only 4 characters at a time, but you're cycling through your 4 person team as you progress through it (whether changing at some sort of rest spot, or being forced to switch to the next at the next section, or whatever). That would encourage people to have a variety of characters, allow for using some characters with abilities that fit this more than bosses, gives you more room to play characters you enjoy vs aiming for meta/optimal, and so on. Maybe even some puzzles or sections where you're split up; there's a lot you can do. I know there are difficulties to overcome here - people would probably want this to be auto'd, I found Alberian Front kinda tedious and that's the closest they've gotten to this, each run is inherently more time consuming than IO/a boss fight - but even a rough implementation that they then work on improving feels like it'd be pretty encouraging to the community?
... I feel bad about continuing to hope for that, actually. I haven't thought about it in a while and now I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment again, haha. I guess now I'm thinking, though, that if the story is released faster, and so far the story chapters have had high dragons and other content shifts alongside them... unless that ends up being Agito fights, that's a lot more times they have justifications for adding new kinds of content, hmm. Hmm.
  • So, going back to teaching players about high dragons, they did say they're going to try to give players more information on these fights. That's good. Just a little worried about how they might do it, since it'd be very possible for them to teach new players to do things in ways that are better handled differently, putting pubs at risk if they learn purely from there? Honestly, I really feel like... idk, turning Prelude into a set of fights where you can practice individual sections of Standard's attack flow, or something like that, might be the best even if it's complicated to do!
  • And speaking of players who don't know much about the fights still: the Expert/Time Attack situation was very messy. I know I spent too much time playing them and stressing over it, even if I ended up getting good rewards as a result and am currently ok with casually doing Expert. It is still my feeling that the Time Attack situation has largely been misunderstood by people that didn't participate - it was not actually all that hard to end up with a decent to good ranking, it is not really "the rich get richer" - but I don't fault anyone who thinks it was a huge demand on your time/resources all at once, or who was annoyed at having to suddenly clear Standard (as I had to for a couple), the uneven difficulty/requirements across fights, etc. I don't think this was actually a bad way to go about it releasing it overall, cause they needed to not slowly cycle through everything again (and Master had that anyway) when it helps so much to get various HD1s and not wait. But it obviously left a bad impression on more casual players. It doesn't surprise me that the overall presentation of it, the huge jump in stats/might, the time attack rewards, and the uncertainty about how much of this is going to be required has understandably left a lot of people feeling anxious about keeping up with the game. There's a lot of ways they could have addressed that during the launch even without changing how TA worked - slightly slower rollout of each though still through a small period of time, bigger participation reward regardless of clear time (maybe even a small one for a Standard clear), not making Standard clears waste weeklies, etc. The Void endeavors before it could have also been more directly focused on getting you materials for a Void weapon for some fights, I guess, though people who were already doing them likely had enough anyway.
  • Though I'm focusing on high dragons being "intimidating", I think there's probably a decent portion of the audience that still just never wants to run a high dragon but will want to run other challenging content when it shows up, especially with the Omega/Solo+Trial fights making you learn through single player first. Might be the commitment of time or having to learn it in co-op, might be the slow progression, might be having never seen the fafnirs/hybrid dragon as worth it, but in any case- they want to be challenged, just not by high dragons. This makes HD weapons more worrying for them, if they become expected/required. The new Void weapons may be able to help these players access that content, but I wonder if people will just view farming many of those as too much of a hassle too, especially if they're not done with IO. I'm not really sure how you address this in a way they'd want beyond largely cutting out any kind of grind/farming, which is probably a pretty bad idea.
  • One thought, though, is at least making it easier to get started on those weapons. Maybe giving a big first clear bonus to Expert like Master has, so that you can always get your first 0UB HD1 in 1 or 2 clears instead of potentially taking up to 5 (I think?) if you have the absolute worst luck with drops and weeklies. That'd probably encourage people to at least check them out? Honestly, if you really want to make that move, you could even do that first clear bonus for Standard so that it's even more enticing to try them and the Standard -> Expert jump is mitigated if they decide to go through with more of them after. If they really don't want to keep doing high dragons, they still have an HD1 they can use for Omega. It's really not "spoiling" people or making things too easy to throw them a 0UB HD1 in each element; the more people who can run with those and not MUB Voids, the nicer it is for everyone involved. People already can jump to Expert with a MUB Void and a single clear of Standard; might as well give the team a slightly better chance. And it's not like existing players wouldn't benefit from being compensated those extra materials, either.
  • It really does not help that high dragon teams are currently so restrictive that many units cannot be used. This means some players straight up cannot play them, and discourages those who could but want to use other characters. I understand that this is a difficult problem to fix, because some characters just actually flat out aren't that good and if you make them viable, it could easily be in a way that makes the already used characters even better. Some amount of characters not working well is understandable - characters with kits focused around "just do damage" have little to offer if others are better at doing that than them; characters with more interesting abilities may become unusable if the required situation does not match the high dragon. That makes sense. But I feel you need to be able to accommodate for a least a decent number of 5*s if not also 4*s (and then meme run 3*s) to keep players interested. Currently only fire and to a lesser extent water really fit that, and wind's at least not dependent on anyone who's not in the regular gacha, but dark is largely Gleo City with a few exceptions and light's in the bizarre situation of 2 4*s and Gala Prince (who is somehow the most common?) being the meta. Those last two being a separate cycle means they restrict each other as well, unless you weirdly jump right to running mHJP by using Audric (which... now limits new players to Gleo till they make old events permanent). They plan to address this, but it's going to take some time before we know how it's turned out. And we have to hope this isn't going to be a problem for Agito too, which... seems unlikely for now.
  • I think the above really makes other issues worse? Like to begin with, when a banner comes out it can be hard to know if a character will even be viable for high dragons; that can make certain characters much more unappealing than they would be otherwise, and also lead to people pulling less on banners in the future if they feel burnt by something they went all out for only to find out nobody wants them. And sometimes those reasons can be obvious, but sometimes it just ends up taking a billion years to charge their second skill or whatever to the point that it makes it worthless, and you can't really see that coming. And why pull for a new dark or light character at all right now when they're probably not going to get into those fights?
  • And even beyond that: it makes it very hard to invest in any specific character when we've seen that endgame content is like this. And we're currently being asked to invest quite a bit in characters, and I'm not talking about augments. When we only had Standard, you could at least go "well, I'll do weeklies till I get the MUB dragon" and know that running 3 times a week was basically enough if you were ok with it taking a while. Now, you're basically able to get an HD1 (or an unbind for one) with your 3 weeklies and maybe another run or two. But... which weapon, in which type, and how soon do you need it by? Cause here's the thing: we do not know what Agito Uprising is really going to be, at all. It remains unclear to me if it's one boss fight for one element, some fights for some elements, or a fight for every element. It sounds like multiple fights, but we can't be sure. Most importantly, we absolutely do not know what characters - and therefore weapons - are going to be viable. I feel like that's a very worrying thing. I think trying Expert for HD1s would bother people less if they knew "well, I only need to do 3 eHMC weeklies for a month and I'll have this MUB T1 I can use for Agito". Right now, I'm really taking a risk that a dark wand and light sword have any use for their Agito fight, and that's after accepting that it may not be available soon anyway. I only focused on them because Gleo is one of the safest bets for future use, I wanted to do Zodiark anyway (and prioritized HBH less), I like swords, and there are enough good light swords that I think there's a reasonable chance one will be used in the future. For other elements... some picks may be really risky and I'm not sure which fights to prioritize anyway. Especially because I'm someone who plays healers, and it's still pretty unclear if I need to farm up to MUB HD1 for my staff in addition to the weapon I actually want to use in other fire/water content (hell, same goes for Noelle's wand, if I don't switch to Victor entirely). And a similar problem may end up being true for Agito: it is going to be pretty annoying if, say, a great light wand user shows up and is perfect for Agito but not for eHZD; if you want to do eHZD->eHJP->(back and forth farming for unbinds)->mHZD->mHJP->Agito like I'm doing, you'll probably need to build 2 MUB HD1s during that farming phase. Maybe that's the time you decide to become Audric even if you do have Gleo so you can skip over mHZD without as much trouble, but if you've already built towards it a bit...
  • Oh, and- we don't know what Agito rewards are either. Are they going to be like the Fafnir + dragons? Or something more substantial right away? It doesn't seem like they're having their own version of HD weapons to start with, but who knows. I assume there's got to be something coming with bane for them (so you'd use bane weapons or HD2s), whether that's in Void or otherwise, but who knows.
  • I wrote all this and was about to hit post, when I realized: I entirely forgot about 6th mana circle, lol. That's... going to be very interesting to see if it does anything towards making other characters viable. Like I have to wonder if it's purely just an upgrade on top of the 5th, or if it will come alongside reworks to that character in general. Cause the most obvious - and leaked? - initial batch would include Naveed and Xainfried. They both directly compete with story characters who should be getting them as well, and though Euden isn't particularly amazing nor commonly used for HMS now anyway, it's not like doubling down on Naveed's existing kit is going to make him popular (unless they do add content that focuses on killing enemies, and even then...). Meanwhile Elly will probably stomp on Xain again as soon as she gets hers, unless they rework him into filling a specific niche. Beyond that... I feel like a lot of the dark characters who need a boost to match Gleo are too recent to happen anytime soon. And who knows if they'll even get close to improving the bows in a way that matters. At the very least, maybe Lucretia becomes more viable for light content? Anyway, uh, if you have to spend 75k or whatever eldwater to hit 50 first and then extra, potentially scarce materials on top of it to maybe make them solid, compared to any regular 5* that maybe doesn't even need their co-ability nodes... well, it really has to be worth it.
  • Thinking about all this together: I am very interested in seeing how the meta between Agito fights and high dragons, especially if several/all are dropping at once. Thinking about designing/reworking characters going forward, if there is an actual difference, it gives them some more room to work with when it comes to making appealing characters to pull for. Kits like Chelsea's are encouraging, where she's very strong but requires a lot of skill/risk-taking, compared other characters who have very specific niches but like... the niche doesn't exist in any content where it'd matter, or doesn't actually reward you enough to be worth it over other "normal" characters. I guess you want to avoid causing a Fjorm or Gleo situation, but that's a matter of making the risks/tradeoff big enough, I guess...
...actually, also, wait, are we all about to become cyborgs, is that what 6th circle mats are, or is this Dragon Ball style "Androids" to begin with, hmm. HMM.

...I probably should have been studying Master Jupiter instead of this, hah. But, yeah, good to work through where I think the game's at, figure out what I'm hoping for or think may happen.

EDIT: now that I actually read recent posts (I had the thread open earlier and just typed this in that window) y'all addressed some of this too, especially regarding Preludes, hah

Also: completely forgot about stickers despite that being a huge thing for me in the past, solid point there, stickers are still pretty bad for communicating! I get not wanting to have general chat, but we still lack an easy way to get across basic information... some form of extra sticker box for lobbies that can be used to construct basic messages would be helpful - numbers, "HP", "STR", "Might", the element symbols, afflictions/resistances, "<"/">"/"+", etc. alone could get some stuff across. I think the lobby system changes and Void fights being a joke after Zephyr/Agni is - for better or worse, for both - what made this less of a problem for me, but every so often it becomes apparent still.

If I had some way to vaguely coherent way to at least try to tell another Gleo not to use the FS buff in the center WAY before everyone else gets there, dooming the rest of us to get a 75% buff instead of 100%, which can kill the run... which could be as simple as player number + str or buff icon, or hell, "offense please" if we're really still limited + the "Wait!" sticker, even if that could still be misunderstood... I would be less stressed in Jupiter.

Sweet sassy molassy... This might possibly be the longest post ever made across both DL OTs.

And I want you to know that I read all of it in its entirety. 🥴

But I feel you need to be able to accommodate for a least a decent number of 5*s if not also 4*s (and then meme run 3*s) to keep players interested.

This is exactly what will keep me interested. But I take offense to 3★s being reduced to meme status. Their day of meta-shattering reckoning is nigh.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So lemme get this straight. One of the LEAST popular adventurers in the entire game gets a seasonal alt... after two of the MOST popular adventurers in the entire game get seasonal alts last year? 🤔

I'm convinced someone at Cygames just throws a dart at a bunch of pictures while blindfolded to determine who the next alt recipients are. 😂
And they're all axe units.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Okada said they'd be adjusting 3* adventurers in his last "This Month in Dragalia Lost," so we'll see what they do for that along with their current goal of increasing "the number of adventurers who can challenge the game's high-difficulty content."

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
three limited 5* axe unit in a roll. lmao. what's next for Zodiac rerun? Another axe unit? A wind axe?

Oh man if you need help with a standard clear, hit me up on DL's maincord.
Thanks. But I will wait until the weekend before asking for help in the discord since most still have their weeklies rn.

umm... I don't really expect anything beyond rerun and new permanent contents until the 1.5 anniversary. There are still some QoL improvements coming before the 1.5 anniversary, like the play past event anytime and encyclopedia functions. The Agito Uprising, as mentioned, is end game content like the HDT, so I will expect them as hard as HDT, if not harder. My concern is if there is enough players to support all 6 types of end game contents, or else players have to form groups ahead.

I just wish they would do another Stirring Shadow like event for all the limited rerun at least. A bit more story for rerun should soften the blow.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
t3_e938cv

I'll never know why Cygames has such an aversion to providing complete showcase info in the notices, as 4★s are always treated like an afterthought in both those and the video previews. Just look at Emma and Noelle as recent examples of two 4★ adventurers eclipsing their 5★ showcase counterparts in popularity, but Cygames treats them like filler that a minority of the playerbase will take interest in. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

And they're all axe units.

I think we're on to something here...

Okada said they'd be adjusting 3* adventurers in his last "This Month in Dragalia Lost," so we'll see what they do for that along with their current goal of increasing "the number of adventurers who can challenge the game's high-difficulty content."

It's the single biggest thing I'm looking forward to at the moment. Well over half of my average daily playing time is spent with promoted 3★ adventurers, so any enhancements and buffs that they could possibly receive will have a major impact on how I interact and experience the game from day to day. I'm hopeful we can get them by year's end...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
When the leak said we'd get Phoenix for Dragonyule, this isn't exactly what I figured they meant. Though I guess it still checks out technically.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I have to say I have found the last banners to be pretty disappointing. I can't say I'm being hyped by this one which features yet another female 5* who doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
New Light Dragon is gonna be great for Fleur and Yachiyo and further fuel the current comps for end game content I guess?

Wouldn't be surprised if the new 4* is the light version of Emma/Noelle but yeah, wish they'd just let folk know who's all coming.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish the video previews would highlight the new 4* units. Dragon Daddy Xaindeer is hidden away on that banner when he should be the main attraction.

I guess DY Phoenix confirms the leaks were true. Can't wait to see wait the MC60 kits.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I spent all my moneys on the current banner, so I guess im not that worried about missing this new 5* Axe lol.

Also, just realized the other day that I had Halloween Lowen lol.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We are definitely running out of reruns now though thankfully

Saving my meager stash for the new yeara zodiac banner. I'm still salty over missing Marishiten every single time the banner ran, so I intend to go all out this time.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to blow a 10 ticket and a bit more of my wyrmite hoard trying to get Jiang. I play Thaniel for eHBH currently so an upgrade is appealing.

Should have known my luck was heading a certain way when I got a Cupid dupe (past MUB) and Agni dupe (Cerberus instead please), then a Lily dupe. A few 10s of nothing. And... Kamuy. Hmm.

Least I got Welly from singles before too; might end up building her for eHMS, and at least the blade for Victor I already made has benefitted me before now even if I don't end up running him. Her and SMari were the real gains from this banner. I just wish I'd kept pulling earlier on, cause I was just gonna do dailies after 2 10s and was pity broken by a Nefaria dupe...

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its actually rather fascinating to watch the ramifications of a Director change and a focus on the core game rather than cycling events.

But considering how quickly we hit reruns and how long they've been going since Summer, its safe to say that Okada was handed an empty bag when he took over to try and fix stuff (and it takes months in development to make new stuff). At least Yuletree rerun is helpful for a lot of people but you can definitely feel the fatigue settling in.

The fact that even story chapters have taken months to release, tells you the game was running on fumes with the whole carnival of events structure and burning itself thin on content as everything was transient for months on end under Matsuura.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So does anything else come with the Christmas/Dragonyule thing other than just the new characters? Like are there new ways to earn wyrmrite? New quests or events or anything? Was around last year.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So does anything else come with the Christmas/Dragonyule thing other than just the new characters? Like are there new ways to earn wyrmrite? New quests or events or anything? Was around last year.
The quests will be replayable so you can get all the rewards again (which is nice when you just skip through the story.
There will likely be new difficulty quests and the level cap for the Dragonyule Tree will be increased to 35 so dont forget to upgrade that

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
CH11 and some other changes are also on the 15th so a bunch of new sources of wyrmite are coming as well.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
We're also getting very hard mode with Ch. 11, which should also give a fair bit of Wyrmite.