• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
practiced Master High Jupiter, or tried to, on Discord for a while and then also tried a few pubs

verdict: I'm sunstoning Shinobi after pulling for Dragonyule, because fuck using Marishiten for this more; it's not even the DPS or anything, it's literally just that you can't dragon -> skill like Shinobi can because of the huge dash, and trying to dodge this opening blast through shifting into Marishiten with varying desync times is a risk in the first 5 seconds of the fight that I cannot deal with

feels like a huge waste when I sunstoned Mari for Standard to begin with (because I didn't get him until after...) and I'm unlikely to run this again in the near future after these 2 clears because I'm going to prioritize HD2s in every element

but I somehow have 20 stones to use, and I guess absolute worst case after this and what I'd need for other elements I'd drop down to 9 (4 for Shinobi, 3 for Vayu, 4 for Sakuya) with some possible ways to avoid that anyway (apparently Welly can use Zephyr just fine, which is only 1 stone, and I have closer alternatives for Sakuya too) so like... might as well, even if it sucks? ugh

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to try Mercurial Gauntlet again on my F2P NOTTE account since the monthly payout is soon, and I discovered a Mega Man is really good for it.

His DPS at melee range against big targets with Leaf Shield is absurd. Was able to clear Lv.40 too, but 39 is more important since it gives an entire Sunlight Stone for clearing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Rage pulling is a very scary thing. :(

Also, Malora's story events aren't voice acted, which is a pretty big thing considering Malora's Japanese VA is Ayako Kawasumi (i.e., Saber from the Fate series). This doesn't look good for the outlook of the game, definite cuts were made. :(

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
That is definitely worrying, and doesn't set a great precedent.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
just so there's no confusion, chrono mean malora's characters stories are not voice acted just like like the previous five star healer.

Obviously, not a good sign, but an interesting trade off is that more characters are showing up in these stories now as well. The copious amount of reruns though is still ooph.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Guess we'll see how New Years will play out. Will be rough if it's a New Years re-run with the new adventurers/dragon added into the old banner on top of no VA for the 5* adventurer story, which I honestly didn't consider to be a possibility until now.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely be really concerned if they just repeat the story. Especially since they already reran it, but also because it'd suck to have this big yearly thing built up and not like... actually have it be yearly? I know there's a lot of stuff they're working through now to set up for next year, and I've certainly been engaging with a lot of the endgame content, but I think they could have handled this lack of events better. And the seemingly real MH event will be probably cool but if it's little story like MM is, that's not gonna help. (Though it also means these months would have been a great time for me to actually read all the optional story I've never touched so... maybe it's finally, finally time? Who can say.)

meanwhile singles got me a D Jeanne dupe and my first 10 had Malora, so I was about to call it when I remembered D Cleo existed so I ended up doing 4 more 10s

I laughed in annoyance at myself when two rainbow axes fell but at least one of the two was Summer Julietta who is new for me

not exactly the smartest decision to have kept going after already splurging for last banner, but if they're generous enough throughout this season I'm sure my hoard will be recovering regardless, and it's been nice to get some of the recent 5*s I've been missing out of nowhere like this even if it's not been what I was aiming for

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a heads up that the Yuletree can be upgraded, so it looks like it's specifically the seasonal facilities that are gonna be having the upgrade.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to sound negative and all that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a New Years re-run (despite already having it re-run before), along with a handful of new gacha characters. I really hope I'm wrong, I want to be wrong, but it's just a feeling I have deep down in my gut...

At least I managed to get Christmas Malora (and a few dupes of both of the dragons) in the end, but it cost me more pulls than I'd care to admit.

cpcz

Oct 28, 2017
New Donk CIty
I don't want to sound negative and all that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a New Years re-run (despite already having it re-run before), along with a handful of new gacha characters. I really hope I'm wrong, I want to be wrong, but it's just a feeling I have deep down in my gut...

At least I managed to get Christmas Malora (and a few dupes of both of the dragons) in the end, but it cost me more pulls than I'd care to admit.

oh no D:

I'll be so disappointed if new zodiak character doesn't have their own event

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
On the bright side, the Dragonyule event is pretty generous. You get two summon vouchers from dailies, 50 HP Wyrmprint Augments on the 4th day of completing dailies, 50 Strength Wyrmprint Augments on the 6th day, while the Dragonyule Present from the 7th Day as well as another from the login rewards can be exchanged for one of a Sunlight Stone/Damascus Ingot/Golden Key/4 Champion Testaments.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The loss of voice over work would coincide with around 5-6 months ago when Okada took over, since there's a long lead time on these sorts of changes in how units are produced and such. (FEH with its much simpler unit models, takes around 6 months to prep a banner worth of units for very basic animations and VA work.)

It's likely a consequence of when Okada took over and Matsuura was canned, and likely came down from the lagging sales after the first six or so months. Many units were already made and planned long before thing change, so it took some time for this to roll out.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I do like the added Xmas weapons they added this year, they are decent skins.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
7rseoZY.jpg

HO HO HO HOLD THE YULE LOG IT'S SEXY FRANSANTA TIME

First Waike and now Francesca featured in seasonal Wyrmprints but NO SUMMONABLE ADVENTURER ALT?! Damn you, Cygames, I absolutely LOATHE you right now. How DARE you tease me like this.

*deletes game and chucks phone into fireplace*

(...but not before I MUB and max-augment four copies of Spirit of the Season for my collection...)

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Dragonyule Xainfried is a Wind Wand with 20% Crit Rate for 15 seconds on his S1 when it's fully upgraded, which seems promising. Wonder how he stacks up against Noelle.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd not be too worried about it right now.
Yeah, I'm probably just over-stressing things. The only thing that worries me is the Eastern Emissaries was re-run but not on the actual New Years, so I just hope it counted and they give us something new. If they end/begin the year with another re-run, people will not be happy.

I'm 50/50 right now, it could honestly go either way in my head. I'd like to think we'd get something new to ring in the new year, so here's hoping it happens.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Dumping all my Wyrmite got me all the limited units/dragons except Cleo. I'm sure I'll get some more pulls in before the banner leaves, but it would be shame to miss her.

I also finally pulled myself away from Pokemon last night to clear the Superhero Brainwashed Dragons, since I got confused about when the team ones unlocked. Haven't managed perfect on Mids, Mercury or Zodiark, but at least I'm ready to go tomorrow.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also for all the worries of budget cuts, it should be noted they still have a budget to actually hire Ayako Kawasumi. And she still has extensive voice work on Malora for her alt.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I don't think there is any chance for the NY Event to be a rerun.

Firstly it already got a rerun back in June.
Secondly the story of the original event clearly indicate that there is more story to come with the others wyrmclans and Amaterasu.
Thirdly we regularly get new characters and dragons from Hinamoto so they clearly have plan for this part of the world.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I wonder if Dragonyule Xainfried could replace the 2nd W! Elly in eHMC in the meta comp, exchanging 15% defense down and some healing for 20-40% Crit rate by standing next to the melee's. Giving Victor a better chance to Crit bleed sounds pretty potent, and it'd be good to have more options. He seems like a decent side grade to Noelle's baiting role if nothing else depending on if folks haven't rolled her yet, maybe even better as an AI since he gives Primed Strength vs Noelle's Primed Defense.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Well I didn't get Dragonyule Cleo yet but yeah... o.o

ELlA00OW4AMGWfG.jpg:orig

ELlA00cXYAErjW1.jpg:orig

Conga rats~

Edit: I thought I was editing my previous post; didn't mean to double post... Guess I could link more fan art while I'm at it at least. I have a decent backlog because of the sheer amount folks have been drawing.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
No Cleo here either. The Christmas version really hates me. I'd like to dedicate more to it but I can't, not with NY's looming.

Congrats on the Malora at least, she's great!

Thank you! :D Yeah same here, last year I didn't have any resources to pull for her much as the game was still new-ish but yeah I'll see if she hates me too as I'll spent most of my resources on that, New Years doesn't really interest me much based on last year, I mean I would like to have Ieyasu but eh :P

Conga rats~

Edit: I thought I was editing my previous post; didn't mean to double post... Guess I could link more fan art while I'm at it at least. I have a decent backlog because of the sheer amount folks have been drawing.

Thanks! :) The new post instead of editing happens to me too sometimes :(

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how accurate the leaks were, I am more curious about how many QoL improvements were not part of the original plan. I will be concerned if they planned just do mostly rerun events before first leak came out, but not that the new improvements taking up resources from the carnival events.

Got all 4* features and DJ in 2 10-fold, so I'm done with this banner unless they are doing free summon again.

About the D!Xain situation, I think it depends on how much value we see between the critical bleeding and two breaks. With both WElly equip Mega Friends and Bubble and Wood, you can break eHMC very early on, and during the second time, it will probably finish it off. I don't think it will change the top meta that much considering how well and reliable the current one runs. It probably gives us another choice to run the WElly, Victor, Noelle, and a fourth character comp.
I can see D! Xain joining Lin You and Louise in that group.

The second leak mentioned MH event in February, right? I can't see them doing anything new for Zodiac event if that turns out accurate.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I got DY!Malora on my fifth single pull, continuing my streak of amazing luck. Did some more summons and got DY!Jeanne and DY!Xainfried, with a Student Maribelle to go with them.

So now all I'm missing from Dragonyule is DY!Cleo, same as last year. I'll think about summoning more for her on the last day of the banner. I think I'll even summon a bit on the other banner tomorrow once my pity rate goes up. The last couple of summoning sessions I've been able to get what I wanted without even dipping into my wyrmite so I figure I can spare some summons.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm gonna say the welfare stuff is not good enough for Brainwashed Midgardsormr, Zodiark, and Mercury on Superhero, at least for my skill level. It's already shaky even when using 60% damage event prints, so not having even that for Midgardsormr is very debilitating, especially since using Mega Man means you essentially have no i-frames. Elias, Luca, and the only event Light Dragon being Shishimai is not a great experience, as the ranged AI isn't great on top of Elias/Luca having terrible damage output. Wind isn't in a much better spot either with only having Su Fang and Ranzal, combined with Bog leading to any non-Wind adventurers getting one-shot at full health. I'll give Mega Man another go later, but that's also dubious.

On the other hand, Brainwashed Jupiter, Brunhilda, and Dr. Wily were all pretty doable. May write up some tips for those later. You only need to clear one Superhero boss anyway to get all the important Hyper Bolt items, so I'm only missing out on an Epithet and Wyrmprint Augments, which we're going to get a ton of in the Dragonyule event.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Did three ten rolls. Got D!Naferia all three times and a D!Xander. The bigger gets though were getting Corsaint Phoenix on a bait pull and Chthonius so I'm done pulling and quite happy.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
It took 90 pulls for me to get DY!DragonDaddy. It's too bad he's a wind unit; water could really use another burn resistant wand user.

I was extremely lucky on this banner. I really just wanted DY!Xain but ended up pulling DY!Malora, DY!Jeanne, DY!Xander, DY!Nefaria and 4x Croissant Phoenix (Edit: Used a 10 pull ticket from the event and got DY!Phoenix#5; Nice.) before I got him. I also picked up Patia which I was most excited about.

I'm kind of expecting New Year's to be another rerun but featuring the Year of the Rat Zodiac dragon that leaked last year.

Story Updates should be bi-monthly next year; so hopefully they start alternating between Story Updates and new Events/Raids monthly.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm probably gonna spam the Mega Man event until it ends and just do dailies for the Dragonyule since I want to amass as much Holy Water as possible. Being able to just not care about maxing Wyrmprints for a good long while would be lovely.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They have already reran the new years event, I doubt they will do it again. I'm fully expecting a new event. I think its overly negative to assume we are going to get the event rerun again.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I got Christmas Cleo and Corsaint Phoenix without fully depleting myself. Sucks to hear that voice acted adventurer stories are no more though.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Of course dcleo is still refusing to go home, and I got everyone else. I think I spent like 50k+ wyrmrites and at least 10 ten pulls tickets over 1st and rerun events trying to get her lol. I think I will give up at this point.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
They have already reran the new years event, I doubt they will do it again. I'm fully expecting a new event. I think its overly negative to assume we are going to get the event rerun again.
Halloween and DragonYule both being reruns with new Adventurers are causing me to lower my expectations. We already had the New Year's rerun; but I think that was more motivated by players needing a 5* Dark Strength Dragon for content which is a limited dragon.

I'm expecting more of a Stirring Shadows or Valentine's type of content add-on instead of a full blown new Event/Raid.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween and DragonYule both being reruns with new Adventurers are causing me to lower my expectations. We already had the New Year's rerun; but I think that was more motivated by players needing a 5* Dark Strength Dragon for content which is a limited dragon.

I'm expecting more of a Stirring Shadows or Valentine's type of content add-on instead of a full blown new Event/Raid.

The New Year's event re-run and the banner re-run came at different times. We got Natalie and Yaten alongside the NY re-run, while the Ieyasu banner came back for a week during the Resplendant Refrain re-run.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The New Year's event re-run and the banner re-run came at different times. We got Natalie and Yaten alongside the NY re-run, while the Ieyasu banner came back for a week during the Resplendant Refrain re-run.
Hmm; my memory is failing me it seems. Thanks for the correction.

EDIT: So for eHZD and Yachiyo; would Mega Friends / Spirit of the Season and C!Phoenix be BiS?

MF (Skill Damage +30% | Force Strike +40%), SotS (Full HP = Strength +15% | Paralyzed Punisher +20%) and C!Phoenix (Strength +50% | Paralyzed Punisher +20%) seems like a good setup for eHZD.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Dragonyule Malora and Corsaint Phoenix seem mHZD-viable.

Brotel suggests using Kung Fu Masters and the new Paralyze Punisher print (didn't have the Eldwater to use it in the video). She can fill either a G Euden or a Yachiyo spot for the clear.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
only used two 10 pull tickets and got nothing but elderwater; already have D.Cleo from last year. so might skip this banner for a more intersting one.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Could also just be a cost cutting decision since only 5* characters adventurer stories have voice acting and only in japanese, they probably decided it isnt worth it for the small audience

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I used all of my 30k wyrmites because I wanted DY Cleo, Malora, or Jeanne... I ended up getting none of them but got seven Corsaint Phoenix. I don't even use Yachiyo or Fleur. Boo.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I like the nickname Xaindeer for Dragonyule Xainfried.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
spent two tenfolds and another ten singles on the previous banner because i still really wanted that water healer......

.... ended up with Cassandro and a 6th Arctos. Okay.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Ended up getting both Cleo and Malora in about seven 10 folds. Cleo evaded me pretty hard last year, so I'm pretty happy with that. Still about 28k strong for New Years.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Used all my single vouchers (around 40 counting some from this event) and got D!Jeanne that eluded me last year along with Corsaint, Louise, Ramona and a dupe D!Cleo. Extremely satisfied overall.