• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
I am excited for all the free stuff we are getting.

Trying to figure out how much pulling I should do on Gala and how much I should save for future limited units.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Go for 300 pulls. It's a lot; but we're getting ~160 pulls with the daily 10 pull, 5k login bonus and 2.5k Social reward. Most players were saving up the 300 for Spark anyways and it's Gala rates.

Well, only 5 of the 10 days will be for Euden. So closer to ~110 that actually matters, I guess? But yeah, I certainly should be thinking about what I'll be gaining too, hmm.

Like, I may still have >600 after single tickets as is, with the 5k tomorrow immediately paying back the 4.8k I spent this morning too, and I don't really want to have that much sitting unused to begin with. I know working through this here, while genuinely helpful for me, is all basically bragging so I feel the need to say that this was really me wanting ~10-20k in case of something big, and then just... repeatedly ridiculous luck began soon before the gacha change and somehow we ended up here without any sort of plan.

And I'm me and stingy as hell about spending my resources (until I find a whim to waste them on), and still not gonna blow nearly half without a spark, especially as I don't need him that badly (if we're talking top light DPS, it looks like I'm just missing both lances). And I expect to fall into character dupe city again if I go too hard. But something like dropping 15ish pulls in wyrmite isn't gonna be unreasonable at this point, hmm. Especially if I'm gonna use single tickets 10 at a time for at least a few resets, if I can be that optimistic (...and not to tempt fate, but I usually can be).

and if I somehow get him earlier I'll just save the rest till the next part to maybe have a better chance of Sarisse, I guess

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Damn that Megaman collab really comes out of nowhere. I was thinking about a potential Breath of Fire collab a few days ago but Megaman never crossed my mind.

Outside of that the Digest was pretty much as expected though the lack of sparking is a bummer. I'm disappointed by the lack of a new type of event but at least the next raid look pretty cool. This month truly was a slog to get through.

Also i was right to complain yesterday
Screenshot_20190926-115516.png
Ready for 6th mana circle unbind!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I know you're joking, but it really might not arrive until after the anniversary starts. I wonder what would happen, we wouldn't even be able to log in.

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
I know you're joking, but it really might not arrive until after the anniversary starts. I wonder what would happen, we wouldn't even be able to log in.

Even more free 10 pulls as compensation! (not)

Been seeing some speculation that it has to do with Apple not pushing updates out as quickly because of iOS 13's rollout. Doubt there's much Cygames can do though unfortunately. Compensation would be nice but that's probably pushing it when it's completely out of their hands. I wonder if they could push the update out in-game as a temporary fix until it officially drops in the app store.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Isn't Elissane the top Lance?

Outside of HBH Fjorm cheese, she's definitely the best Water lance and default Helper friend. She's the best off-element buffer because she can also use Levi to bog enemies (which not even Gleo can do). In terms of other elemental Lances, Emma technically slightly outdoes her for Fire adventurers, but that doesn't stop Eli literally being used to clear Wind MG 50 regardless because of how strong she is off-element. Outside of Emma, Eli's the top lance, and requires less to gear compared to Gleo to start performing well due to just needing to get MUB Beach Battle and MUB Jewels of the Sun to maximize her buff.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Even more free 10 pulls as compensation! (not)

Been seeing some speculation that it has to do with Apple not pushing updates out as quickly because of iOS 13's rollout. Doubt there's much Cygames can do though unfortunately. Compensation would be nice but that's probably pushing it when it's completely out of their hands. I wonder if they could push the update out in-game as a temporary fix until it officially drops in the app store.
If they can give 300 wyrmite to everyone due to issues with the Japanese anniversary stream (YouTube/AbemaTV), they can definitely give iOS users something here, regardless of whether it's Apple's fault or not. Whether we get it or not is another matter entirely, but considering this IS Cygames we're talking about, it wouldn't surprise me.

I really hope it hits before the anniversary arrives. Even finding coo-op rooms today has been slower than usual, since you can't get matched with players running the newest update. :/

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So I'm rushing to get tomorrow's survey finished like the procrastinator I am, and wanted to run this question by you guys:

"What aspect of Dragalia Lost could Cygames improve on the most?
• faster content rollout
• QoL additions
• translation / VA
• endgame content
• summoning rates"

Anything else I should add?

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
So is everyone ready for tomorrow?

For IO grind (I sure wish the auto replay feature came with this update)
YG6n72S.jpg

And Gala banner
K27NM0C.jpg

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
If they can give 300 wyrmite to everyone due to issues with the Japanese anniversary stream (YouTube/AbemaTV), they can definitely give iOS users something here, regardless of whether it's Apple's fault or not. Whether we get it or not is another matter entirely, but considering this IS Cygames we're talking about, it wouldn't surprise me.

I really hope it hits before the anniversary arrives. Even finding coo-op rooms today has been slower than usual, since you can't get matched with players running the newest update. :/

True. Part of me would love to keep the compensation train going, but the skeptic in me says the freebies will inevitably slow down when it comes to issues unless they're major game-breaking ones. Although, this is probably one of the biggest issues to pop up in awhile and I'm sure it happening the day before the 1st year anniversary starts doesn't help. We'll find out one way or another in a few hours lol.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Do we have any Era Alliance? I'm super late to the whole alliance stuff but eh it's worth a try

Trying to do Void Agni with pubs has been an eye-opening experience

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Lots of Anniversary fan art rolling in now since it's the 27th already in Japan.

So I'm rushing to get tomorrow's survey finished like the procrastinator I am, and wanted to run this question by you guys:

• faster content rollout
• QoL additions
• translation / VA
• endgame content
• summoning rates"

Maybe more diverse event content/game modes since a request I've seen has been to shakeup the event content model of just mostly alternating raid/facility. Something like "More Event Types."

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017

• faster content rollout
• QoL additions
• translation / VA
• endgame content
• summoning rates"

bring back defense mode (the feh one)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How cool would a Perona collaboration be? Their dragon forms could be their Persona.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm just now realizing how huge getting a free 5.3 core weapon every raid is for new and casual players. I know grinding to make one of them naturally is a complaint of a lot of players starting out, especially when their smithy isn't leveled, and this basically guarantees even the most casual player is gonna get a 5.3 core weapon every month by just participating in the raids.

On top of that, the raid buffs are gonna potentially make it so lesser geared folks can actually meaningfully contribute in Nightmare if they grind up the buffs. I'd say my F2P NOTTE account is pretty iffy when it comes to doing any Nightmare Raids, but if I had 100% more strength and 50% more HP? Now it starts to look more doable. One of the Raid boosts is literally 25% Dragon Prep at max, so even players who don't equip the Wyrmprints will now contribute to that strategy. They even implemented what deepFlaw has been asking for a while now with stackable EX, so I'm looking forward to how the next raid is gonna play out, since it's looking good on paper.

More anniversary fan art which is just flooding my Twitter. There's also a JP hashtag "#ドラガリ1周年" which basically translates to "1st anniversary of Dragalia" which some JP artists are using.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are we getting a free core 5.3 weapon for EVERY raid now? I thought it was just this next event.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to rewatch that bit of the digest because that's when I stopped fully being able follow what was being said due to the pace + my tiredness, but the Update post at least just casually groups it in with all the other raid changes. And that paragraph also starts with "we'll be adding new features in the next raid event", so it's not really positioning it as anything unique to the event either?

rather, it would be kinda weird to have that shop menu screen shown with a specific currency and only have it be useable once...

actually, wait, let me go check the digest after all...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Wait, are we getting a free core 5.3 weapon for EVERY raid now? I thought it was just this next event.

Hrm, re-watched it, and you're right that there's nothing that explicitly states that it's for raids going forward, but there's also nothing suggesting that it's exclusive to this next event. This is the exact wording from the news post when it comes to raids.

Future raid events will feature a new factor known as raid boosts.
Raid boosts bolster your team for the corresponding raid event with effects such as increased damage dealt to enemies or boosted adventurer HP.
You can get these raid boost effects when you clear boss battles and raid battles during raid events.
Use boosts to power up your party and challenge boss battles!

We're also adding new features in the next raid event.
Some of these features include a new Omega difficulty, the addition of silver and bronze emblems to the clear reward and Grand Bounty for Nightmare difficulty, the addition of special items to play the Extra Raid Battle whenever you want, and a feature that will allow you to trade for any of the elementally-attuned 5 ★ core weapons by clearing the extra battle.

For more information, see the notification for the next raid event.
8a4a9d661cfd849ee257a7e90f4b5a1f.png

So my interpretation of what this means is that raid boosts specifically are 100% happening for every raid event going forward, while everything else they're basically experimenting with this upcoming event and may or may not appear in the future depending on how it shakes out. Like I can't see them not doing stackable EX or Omega difficulty for future raids if they prove to be good additions, and I feel the 5* weapon exchange also falls under that. That's just my guess though, we might get more info closer to the event release.

Here's even more anniversary fan art.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
so heads up, there's likely no way iOS is updating DL before the anni starts

It seems iOS 13 fucked a lot of updates and Apple is going to sort it out, but it might be days before they can fix it

Downside: iOS users are behind on anni
Upside: we all might get heavily compensated

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well... shit, I wonder how they're going to handle this, seeing as it's supposed to force us to update in 5 hours?

...I'm not gonna be updating Another Eden tonight either, am I? I needed that to happen so I can make decisions based on the results of pulling there, that's almost worse than this.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Apple chose a great time to screw up all app updates on an entire storefront. Hopefully Cygames figure out something before anniversary goes live.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
so if I'm on android, that's a win-win-win on the iOS delay

a) Have the update
b) might still get the compensation anyway
c) fuck iOS (jkjk)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hrm, re-watched it, and you're right that there's nothing that explicitly states that it's for raids going forward, but there's also nothing suggesting that it's exclusive to this next event. This is the exact wording from the news post when it comes to raids.

So my interpretation of what this means is that raid boosts specifically are 100% happening for every raid event going forward, while everything else they're basically experimenting with this upcoming event and may or may not appear in the future depending on how it shakes out. Like I can't see them not doing stackable EX or Omega difficulty for future raids if they prove to be good additions, and I feel the 5* weapon exchange also falls under that. That's just my guess though, we might get more info closer to the event release.
It'd definitely be nice if it was a permanent thing, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. It'd certainly make MUB'ing weapons a lot easier, as well as having multiple for the same element/different types.

so heads up, there's likely no way iOS is updating DL before the anni starts

It seems iOS 13 fucked a lot of updates and Apple is going to sort it out, but it might be days before they can fix it

Downside: iOS users are behind on anni
Upside: we all might get heavily compensated

This is just depressing.

I almost wonder if they'll end up delaying the entire anniversary because of it, or if it's even something they can do. I know it's all Apple's fault, but this whole thing is just a mess. I'm sure Cygames aren't any happier about it than we all are.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect free 5t3s to become standard for each raid. With the introduction of two new difficulties for HDTs (and even stronger weapons alongside them), Omega raids, and even more difficult fights on the horizon, they need to implement more ways to boost people's power. As we've seen with Light MG, they're also raising the difficulty there too. So I see the free 5t3s, being able to play prior events, hustle hammers and honey teas to be ways to hasten progression.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
bring back defense mode (the feh one)

I think that kinda ties in to Numberfox's suggestion earlier about more game content, but I agree, I'm really eager to see that mode return. Maybe they're saving it specifically for crossover events from now on (including the upcoming Mega Man one which I'm MEGA STOKED for), but it should really be regularly rotated with raid and facility events, imo.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oh yeah, GBF-style Side Stories were basically semi-confirmed from Okada's slide (Play past events any time). In GBF, they basically re-purpose some past events into permanent single-player content so any player can play through them in a Side Story section at any time. I think facility events will make the easiest conversion since they're largely single-player focused already, and it'd make sure that new players have access to getting and upgrading the facilities. Plus, everyone should have the chance to play through Accursed Archives, I think that has my favorite story narratively speaking. I hope it's one of the first ones released as permanent content.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
LOL 300 Wyrmite because some people weren't able to watch the anniversary stream on YT? I'll take it