• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Seems like there's a wide variety of successful stuff for Expert Volk. As long as it can reliably clear, it's a good comp. I'd say the meta seems fairly diverse overall. Hopefully future Agito bosses will be like that as well, though I feel like they'd need to develop the Light Agito boss with anti-Gleo mechanics in order for that meta to not just be Gleo cheese.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Rare Raid boosts seem much more generous this time around. I haven't maxed any of the normal ones and already have 6 rare ones. I don't think I've ever even gotten more than 3 before.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Conga rats~ That's definitely not an easy feat, considering around 40% of the folks who answered Baladium's survey have yet to even clear one!

Ha ha, yup, those dragon trial clear results are very interesting. Honestly wasn't sure what to expect beforehand but there's no doubt there's a large portion of the playerbase that can't or won't attempt these fights. I myself am kinda anxious about attempting mHMS since I've never cleared a Master ADT before despite playing every day since launch. :/

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Banner results so far... Did some singles at the start, got a Marishiten dupe (so starting off as 0UB, since I sunstoned my first after getting it during the rerun) and then Mitsuhide! Did the free 10 + 6 from wyrmite, got... 2 more Marishiten and Chitose (a few times).

...then did some more singles to rate up again and got another Marishiten. Today's free 10 just got me a Pazuzu dupe. But I did another batch of singles and got Daikokuten!

no Ieyasu or Nobunaga, but I think I'm comfortable without spending more on it; got pretty lucky with singles, mostly, haha

And man, it can be really nice when you suddenly end up in a viable farming group for things. I ended up in some super high powered Jupiter rooms after getting Mitsuhide, and basically farmed an entire HD1 dagger (16 tails, since I already had a few to start) for her in ~25 minutes. Wish I could end up in something like that for eHMS and speed up my farming there, but it's all over the place currently...

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
So, uhh, story time.

I have this spare iPhone lying around. Decided to install some of my main gacha games on it, because why the hell not. I'm not gonna dive deep into these second accounts but I figure it might be fun to pull some shit for free, you know?

One of those games is Dragalia. I boot up the game, it asks me "default settings?" and I'm like "sounds good". It drops me into the first level and I immediately notice: it's running at a way higher frame rate than it is on my main phone.

I've had the frame rate setting on "normal" (30 fps) instead of "smoothed" (60 fps) this entire fucking time. Fucking hell. I thought the game was just locked to 30 fps. I don't know how this happened. Did it auto detect that my old phone (Galaxy S7) probably couldn't handle 60 fps and locked it to 30 when I selected "default settings" upon first boot? Was I asked before and I just assumed "smoothing" meant VSync and normal meant unlocked or something? All I know is that I'm probably a fucking idiot.

I doubt my old phone (Galaxy S7) could have handled 60fps anyways, but still, I upgraded to my current phone (Galaxy S10+) like, 4 or 5 months ago. Jeez.

More on topic: Mitsuhide continues to evade me, although I've only thrown like, 40 more pulls at it (even though I said I'd restrict myself to the free 10 pull only). Probably should have stopped while I was ahead when I got Nobunaga early on. I don't know if I'll throw anything more at it. Please come home, mouse.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Talking about the MH collab for a bit, I think the idea of adventurers getting alt's with MH armor is a pretty good way of going about it. Berserker makes a lot of sense since he's fully armored and his personality fits with fighting MH beasts.

If they intend to make characters who have armor normally into the MH alt's, here are the adventurers who wear a full suit of armor like Berserker in the Halidom: Karl, Alain, Zardin, Raemond, Malka, and Rodrigo. I think it'd be fitting for Malka to get a MH armor alt, since his whole shtick is that he's an armorer, he even made G! Ranzal's armor. However, I feel like they're gonna incorporate some of the DL women into this as well. In terms of the personality, I could see Vanessa or Yachiyo getting an MH alt since they have a similar disposition of looking for a challenge/a worthy opponent like Berserker. I don't really play MH though, so I'm not sure if any other adventurers have outfits that could also transition well into MH armor like Berserker.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Please come home, mouse.
Update: the mouse came home.

In three ten pulls.

on the second account.

God fucking damn you, mouse I mean, very cool.
Also, the game glitched and gave me a second free daily ten pull on that account. Never once seen a summoning glitch on my main phone before.

I did 30 more pulls on my main account. No mouse, but did get Ieyasu (new), another Marishiten, and another Daikokuten.
EDIT: I also got Delphi at some point??? I have zero recollection of pulling her but she's in my new Adventurer Stories list so I guess I did. Don't know if it was within these 30 pulls or earlier today.
EDIT 2: Nobunaga dupe in today's free ten pull. This fuggin game, I tell ya. Ieyasu was a pretty good pull though, so I can't complain too much despite the fact that the one unit I'm aiming for is avoiding my grasp.

RE: MH collab
I think if we were to get any adventurers, it'd probably just be a free generic "Monster Hunter" donning Rathalos armor. Even if we did get themed alts, I'd expect shit like Euden in Rathalos armor, just because it's the main character and it's the armor that's in every crossover, regardless if it fits well

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
The only time I ever used diamantium for summoning was when I was on my last rope trying to get Marishiten during the NY rerun and I miraculously ended up with 1, which I promptly fed 4 sunstones.

Now I pull her and Ieyasu 3 times while trying to get Nobunaga. It is what it is haha. The saving grace is that you recover from going broke in this game so fast it isn't a huge deal. Still sucks though.

And while getting dupe characters sucks, thank fuck you don't need character copies to power them up.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For those that don't know, there are two limited endeavors for playing (and beating) Notte's Slumber Shot on Sweet (default difficulty). It's fun on its own, the fact that we get additional rewarrds for playing it is an added bonus.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
For those that don't know, there are two limited endeavors for playing (and beating) Notte's Slumber Shot on Sweet (default difficulty). It's fun on its own, the fact that we get additional rewarrds for playing it is an added bonus.

Wait, maybe I overlooked something because I was busy the last few days but how do you even play Notte's Slumber Shot?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
No regrets pulling out the stockpile and spending nearly 350 draws worth of crystals and tickets to get my Nobu, even though I got duped by Ieyasu 3 times (which is funny after spending 400 draws worth chasing him last year). My zodiac never ever comes comes up in one of these games so of course I had to get my rep here. Now, Cygames rebalance pls.

I did also get like 4 Dais and Maris each along the way. I guess I should keep them seperated for now?

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
After misclicking and dropping 1200 diamantium on this banner, I managed to end up pulling all the limited adventurers and a bunch of Daikokutens. I would still like Marishiten but I don't think I can justify burning the rest of my pulls just to try and get her, so I'll just stop now while things are still on a high note.

All the hammers from the Lucky Letters mean that I've also gone through my entire Dyrenell Coin stash in a couple of days and am now on the painful grind to get more. I cannot imagine how bad this was before they added them to Treasure Trade.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since I can actually do eHMS on my F2P NOTTE account, I think I'll hold off on doing sHJP until I finish grinding out some HD1 weapons. My wind team needs the boost a lot more than my dark team, which is already arguably my 1st or 2nd strongest team even before Botan got her Mana Spiral. It's kinda crazy that I'm at this point despite using welfare dragons, I gave up on the thought of legitimately doing them in pubs a while ago. I'm really excited for more Chimera and Mana Spiral updates as a result.
RE: MH collab
I think if we were to get any adventurers, it'd probably just be a free generic "Monster Hunter" donning Rathalos armor. Even if we did get themed alts, I'd expect shit like Euden in Rathalos armor, just because it's the main character and it's the armor that's in every crossover, regardless if it fits well
Okada confirmed that the summon showcase would be DL adventurers in MH armor in Jan 1st's This Month in Dragalia Lost, starting with Berserker in Rathalos armor. He hasn't said what the others are yet, which is why I was theorizing.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this game daily for the last few months and I was wondering if joining an Alliance is worth it. I have more Rupies than I can spend and I the regular daily/login bonuses seem to be keeping me content for now.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Okada confirmed that the summon showcase would be DL adventurers in MH armor in Jan 1st's This Month in Dragalia Lost, starting with Berserker in Rathalos armor. He hasn't said what the others are yet, which is why I was theorizing.
Oh, shit. Didn't see this.

If we look at other MH crossovers, the second most popular armor set seems to be the KIrin armor, with it making an appearance as MH's alt costume in MvC:I and as a costume in SFV. This will almost certainly be a female character as well (if this armor is chosen) considering the female version is the more popular one by far (it's the version that appears in both of the crossovers above).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
IS a mubbed Thaniel a viable healer for HBH?

I'm not personally knowledgeable about HBH, but I've heard that Thaniel is fine if you have Chocolatiers, though I'm not 100% sure.

I've been playing this game daily for the last few months and I was wondering if joining an Alliance is worth it. I have more Rupies than I can spend and I the regular daily/login bonuses seem to be keeping me content for now.

The main benefit of an Alliance is getting an extra 2 medium stamina pots daily, but you can simply make a solo Alliance to reap that benefit if you don't want to go through the rigmarole of joining an Alliance proper.

Oh, shit. Didn't see this.

If we look at other MH crossovers, the second most popular armor set seems to be the KIrin armor, with it making an appearance as MH's alt costume in MvC:I and as a costume in SFV. This will almost certainly be a female character as well (if this armor is chosen) considering the female version is the more popular one by far (it's the version that appears in both of the crossovers above).

I see, that definitely seems like a likely candidate. Comparing the Kirin armor to current adventurers, I'd say Yue probably has the design that best matches up with the female Kirin armor set. She even has meat that is similar to the MH steak.

Yue-5-star.png

Last edited:

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I'd day it is. You can literally join a random one, never interact with anyone in it, and just use it to get your daily 40 stamina for clicking the alliance button.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My issue with the way the recent changes have allowed more people into eHMS is that I now have 0 ability to read if a room is viable for a clear. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think technically Chimera and 6*s are less strong than an HD1 0UB after considering bane? But on a 70 node character their might can be inflated past far past that, even past what I'd expect of HD2s. Sometimes I've had fine clears with groups without HD1s, sometimes we've really struggled. It's probably more of a thing where some characters are strong enough that the weapon matters less now, but it's kinda hard to tell who that is (especially if people aren't playing ideally). Doesn't help that I keep seeing, say, Sarisses sneak in with just a 0UB 5.3 and... well, we clear, but you probably made everyone else carry you...

On the other hand, I think I'm gonna be farming Chimera for orbs on Sunday so I can turn Xania into my eHMS alt. If we're all seemingly fine with people bringing Chimera weapons, then they better accept me using Gleo's MUB HD2 for barely any less strength than a MUB Chimera T2. Feels like I've been wasting some resources cause after maxing Ezelith I was sorta already upgrading Naveed and then Euden (I really regret bringing Naveed to level 90 in particular, there was no need for that bit if I wasn't actively using him yet), but she seems the best idea for me currently.

IS a mubbed Thaniel a viable healer for HBH?

Absolutely; I'm not sure why this could be in question. Jiang Ziya is a direct upgrade from him, but he has definitely not been replaced and I have not really struggled to run as him since her release.

You will need Chocolatiers though. Lily users will be expecting you (and now usually both you and Gelly together) to be using your defense buff before the blast to help them survive. If you don't have that, you're going to have a hard time getting rooms where you don't see someone suddenly die within seconds.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. Jiang Ziya is a direct upgrade from him, but he has definitely not been replaced and I have not really struggled to run as him since her release.

You will need Chocolatiers though. Lily users will be expecting you (and now usually both you and Gelly together) to be using your defense buff before the blast to help them survive. If you don't have that, you're going to have a hard time getting rooms where you don't see someone suddenly die within seconds.

I do have choclatiers maxed out, so I should be fine on that front.

Any specific adventurers I should be looking to bring on HZD?

My character choice so far is as follows for HDT stuff.

HMS : H!Lowen
HMC: Welly
HBH: Thaniel
HZD: ?
HJP: Gleo

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I do have choclatiers maxed out, so I should be fine on that front.

Any specific adventurers I should be looking to bring on HZD?

My character choice so far is as follows for HDT stuff.

HMS : H!Lowen
HMC: Welly
HBH: Thaniel
HZD: ?
HJP: Gleo

eHZD meta team has been Fleur, Yachiyo, and 2 Geudens.

I've not been running eHZD for a few weeks due to "completing" that cycle, so I'm a bit out of touch with how things are now that there's a couple new significant light characters, but I think it's safe to assume that's still what you'll see people running. I do know DY Malora is considered viable, but I am unsure if she usually replaces Yachiyo or one of the Geudens. I also assume Mitsuhide slots right in as an alternative for for Fleur's spot without much issue; no other character would be viable for replacing Fleur currently, though. And I have no idea at all if people are considering Chitose as part of the meta now, hmm.

The most popular unit was definitely Geuden (who I used), then Yachiyo, then Fleur was rarest by a decent amount. I would assume that's more or less the case still, even if there may be a burst of Mitsuhides starting to run? I will also add that Yachiyo is seemingly the most at risk of falling out of the meta, since Geuden's still necessary to survive and Fleur/Mitsu is leading dps. So you should try to keep all that in mind when picking a character.

EDIT:
Glanced at Discord for you. Looks like Chitose can take Yachiyo's spot, but I've got no idea how common that is in pubs and such. He's going to be a bit weird to use since you'll need to do melee baiting as a wand, though at least positioning for some things would be easier since you'll stick in one place while attacking?

Also, it should be said that the order of popularity is also true for the easiest to hardest job. Geudens mostly get to stay out of the way of anything troublesome and just buff whenever they can after the first break, while Yachiyo and particularly Fleur have to bait a lot more attacks and actually care more about their skill charging/timings and such...

EDIT2:
Oh, also, I saw some discussion of DY Malora. Seems she can replace either Yachi or a Geuden, but it may be tricky in pubs if they don't know how to handle that. And also apparently just a Void weapon may not be viable for her, so if you want to run her you'd at least want to use someone else first to get Gleo her HD1, then use that to build Malora her HD1? I think Chitose may be similar weapon-wise from some of the discussion I saw, but I'm not certain about that.

That's all my quick research for now; hope that helped? Of course, you may not want to use either of those to begin with, but I didn't want to just drop out of date info, haha.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Are summer characters not limited in this game?

Yeah, the summer and bride banners weren't limited. I guess they really wanted to expand the overall pool of characters at that point.

I see, that definitely seems like a likely candidate. Comparing the Kirin armor to current adventurers, I'd say Yue probably has the design that best matches up with the female Kirin armor set. She even has meat that is similar to the MH steak.

I hope they actually go with combos that change the characters' look more, rather than trying to go with armors close to what they're wearing already. Berserker works because he's completely covered and so Rathalos Armor berserker visually will likely just be the Rathalos armor, but I hope the character who will have visible faces and such actually wear sets very different from their standard outfits.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Are summer characters not limited in this game?

The summer characters were not limited, no.

So far, limited has been Halloween, Christmas (Dragonyule), the currently available New Years/Zodiac ones (confusingly: not the actual Lunar NY banner), and Valentine's. As well as the FE collab and likely the upcoming MonHun collab.

Similarly the free event characters/dragons aren't available outside of when they run, though once we get the ability to freely access old events, I'm guessing it will only be Alfonse and Mega Man that are really "limited".

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
If GEuden is meta. I'll just use him. Have him fully mubbed with a fuly mubT3 core wep.

It's nice to know i atleast have the units I need to start moving away from eHMS.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If GEuden is meta. I'll just use him. Have him fully mubbed with a fuly mubT3 core wep.

It's nice to know i atleast have the units I need to start moving away from eHMS.

You won't be using the core weapon here either. You'll want a MUB Void to start, then switch to HD1 as soon as possible to make the first break not a problem.

Meanwhile eHJP is HD1 to start with, not Void, so you'll need to do eHZD first to get that.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
You won't be using the core weapon here either. You'll want a MUB Void to start, then switch to HD1 as soon as possible to make the first break not a problem.

Meanwhile eHJP is HD1 to start with, not Void, so you'll need to do eHZD first to get that.

Damn, ok good to know. Well I better get to grinding void battles.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
My luck has hit the strangest brick wall.

I want mouse.

in over 100 rolls game has given me every other srr I already have, save for mouse dragon twice, except for mouse or Nobu.

ugggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Free rolls have given me mouse person, new dragon, and the new 4*. Seven single summons got me my first Marishiten. Going to save the rest of my wyrmites and tickets for monster hunter (so fucking hyped).

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've pretty much made back every single resource I spent pulling on this banner. I used about 50 single tickets, 2 tenfold tickets and i think 7200 wyrmrite and I've gained all of that back, if not more

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game really is generous. It's pretty insane.

I'm one away from MUB'ing Daikokuten and two away for Marishiten, but I think I might wait to see if we get more free tenfold next weekend, but we probably won't. I might just MUB and be done with it, as I'm sitting on 17 Sunlight Stones anyway...

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I need two more unbinds for Daikokuten but I think I'll wait until I pull all my dailies before using stones. Seems worth it to unbind him though right? 45% strength light dragon?

I'm so ready for valentines 2020 event for The Chocolatiers print. I started playing this game around the anniversary and missed it.
Grab multiples when you get the chance! Makes Mercurial gauntlet and other short missions so much easier.