• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Had a surprisingly successful attempt at sticker-based communication in my first mHBH run tonight, trying to encourage the Thaniel host to lower their Gelly might requirements, ideally without being too annoying about it. The room only lasted an attempt or two due to some disconnects afterwards, and as I left the room... I finally noticed their Alliance name, and realized: thanks for the run Baladium, lmao. Sorry that you were the only person who didn't mess up X-Mus...

I'm only gonna try this for like an hour tonight, since I'm starting late yet again. Tomorrow is likely gonna be a lot of mHMC/mHBH attempts as a result. But I have some luck going for me:

n8AK6G1.png

they're real...

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Had a surprisingly successful attempt at sticker-based communication in my first mHBH run tonight, trying to encourage the Thaniel host to lower their Gelly might requirements, ideally without being too annoying about it. The room only lasted an attempt or two due to some disconnects afterwards, and as I left the room... I finally noticed their Alliance name, and realized: thanks for the run Baladium, lmao. Sorry that you were the only person who didn't mess up X-Mus...

I'm only gonna try this for like an hour tonight, since I'm starting late yet again. Tomorrow is likely gonna be a lot of mHMC/mHBH attempts as a result. But I have some luck going for me:

they're real...

Lmao, that was you?! Oh man, that's hilarious! 😂 I was like "Why the heck is this dude tapping the 'help!' sticker over and over again?" but once I lowered the might restriction and you "thanked" me, I then knew what you were trying to get at. lol Honestly ridiculous that we still need to resort to vague sticker emotes to communicate when they're releasing new stickers all the time that are functionally useless. :/

I should be running a lot of mHBH over the weekend so chances are pretty good that I'll run into you again. I don't remember what username you were using though so I might not even realize that you're in the PUB again like what happened this time. lol

X-Muspelheim is a scourge and needs to be nerfed.

And I'll never get a Squishums.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, that was you?! Oh man, that's hilarious! 😂 I was like "Why the heck is this dude tapping the 'help!' sticker over and over again?" but once I lowered the might restriction and you "thanked" me, I then knew what you were trying to get at. lol Honestly ridiculous that we still need to resort to vague sticker emotes to communicate when they're releasing new stickers all the time that are functionally useless. :/

I should be running a lot of mHBH over the weekend so chances are pretty good that I'll run into you again. I don't remember what username you were using though so I might not even realize that you're in the PUB again like what happened this time. lol

X-Muspelheim is a scourge and needs to be nerfed.

And I'll never get a Squishums.

Yeah, I was hoping the thanking and "you got this!" would get it across, ahaha. And I'm just "Jesse" in game. Which is hard to recognize, but I refuse to be called "Prince deepFlaw" in the story, so... Honestly, I mostly just recognize the Era alliance names on the way out of groups; in my case, I'm just from "Cleo's Club".

X-Mus is hell but I practiced it solo for a bit tonight and: I think I'm better at other spots than the one I've been taking, oops! Because I'd largely been in one group for an hour when I started running earlier this week, I didn't want to risk killing a run by stealing another spot, so I just kept taking the right one. And I eventually got ok at it, but... seems like the bottom, despite apparently being notoriously "small", is the one I'm best at? I got that and the left one my first try; the top one was also a little tricky. So now I've been taking the bottom spot consistently and it's gone better! My trouble originally was that I tend to fuck up the second roll or walk but don't angle it well, and on the bottom spot that's easier to avoid, since I can just go from the bottom right to the top point, then down to the wall and then go along it and be fine.

I'm calling it a night without a clear though, as expected. Got to the second volcano phase a couple times, even broke once, but the other Lily had just... well, in reviewing my recording of it, I'm honestly not even sure what happened?? It was the hellfire after the meteors, and either there was some ridiculous desync or what, but it looks like they just got perfectly sniped by it through the invisible gap between 2 volcanoes? And what's worse is that they were rolling into an even safer position as it happened, they were just a fraction of a second too slow... So much for that luck I claimed, hmm. Hoping to have better chances with mHMC first tomorrow, so I can get Lily up to HD2 and then do it, even if I'm a little wary of making that upgrade if I can avoid it. Since Lily feels like someone who could easily not be meta for fire Agito, and I'd like to make my first HD2s as reasonably viable as possible... but I can deal with that later if it comes to pass.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Was able to do Nightmare pretty easily yesterday on my F2P NOTTE account. Volcanic Chimera and 70 MC make it really doable.
uYWCpqg.jpg
It turns out that you can legitimately clear this event literally only using permanent story stuff. I did my Nightmare clear today using Euden/Brunhilda, Alex/Zodiark, Laxi/Brunhilda, and Cleo/Zodiark, only using permanent Wyrmprints as well, though Cleo died at the end. I'll see if I can record a deathless clear later.
ollxCXp.jpg

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yeah, I was hoping the thanking and "you got this!" would get it across, ahaha. And I'm just "Jesse" in game. Which is hard to recognize, but I refuse to be called "Prince deepFlaw" in the story, so... Honestly, I mostly just recognize the Era alliance names on the way out of groups; in my case, I'm just from "Cleo's Club".

Ah yes, I remember now. I'll keep an eye out for you then. (Funny, I guess my username kinda fits in the story since "Prince Baladium" actually sounds somewhat canonical, lol. Still wish Euden's name wasn't tied to the player's though.)

X-Mus is hell but I practiced it solo for a bit tonight and: I think I'm better at other spots than the one I've been taking, oops! Because I'd largely been in one group for an hour when I started running earlier this week, I didn't want to risk killing a run by stealing another spot, so I just kept taking the right one. And I eventually got ok at it, but... seems like the bottom, despite apparently being notoriously "small", is the one I'm best at? I got that and the left one my first try; the top one was also a little tricky. So now I've been taking the bottom spot consistently and it's gone better! My trouble originally was that I tend to fuck up the second roll or walk but don't angle it well, and on the bottom spot that's easier to avoid, since I can just go from the bottom right to the top point, then down to the wall and then go along it and be fine.

I always take the bottom-right spot because it's arguably the toughest spot to maneuver in and I feel like I have an obligation to take it since I'm already playing healer which is a tough role to begin with. Might as well shoulder some extra challenge, eh? :P Plus as a low-DPS healer it allows you to claim the spot earlier than everyone else as they're wailing on Brunhilda, since any damage you could contribute in those few seconds before she flies away is minimal.

I'm calling it a night without a clear though, as expected. Got to the second volcano phase a couple times, even broke once, but the other Lily had just... well, in reviewing my recording of it, I'm honestly not even sure what happened?? It was the hellfire after the meteors, and either there was some ridiculous desync or what, but it looks like they just got perfectly sniped by it through the invisible gap between 2 volcanoes? And what's worse is that they were rolling into an even safer position as it happened, they were just a fraction of a second too slow... So much for that luck I claimed, hmm. Hoping to have better chances with mHMC first tomorrow, so I can get Lily up to HD2 and then do it, even if I'm a little wary of making that upgrade if I can avoid it. Since Lily feels like someone who could easily not be meta for fire Agito, and I'd like to make my first HD2s as reasonably viable as possible... but I can deal with that later if it comes to pass.

Getting hellfire-sniped sucks. Thankfully I've found it's a rare occurrence though. Think it happened to me once so far. But still it's one of the many wonky things you need to worry about during the fight on top of playing near-flawlessly to get that elusive clear. :/

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
With the new tenfold from Nightmare, here's an update on my F2P NOTTE stash:

3RwLJgk.jpg

I can do a total of 3260 summons. Nothing new on the roster front from the daily free summons, but Eldwater is always appreciated.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would update the void weapons so that I could make Enervation Res daggers for Mitsuhide.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Spoiler tag that first screenshot as NSFL. That's gotta be the most crushing feeling knowing you were one or two attacks away from a clear. I just experienced the same thing in eHBH not too long ago but that pales in comparison to that. :(

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Wonder when we'll see the other MH adventurers. If I'm remembering right, Alfonse was revealed on the 18th, about a week or so before the event went live, and we didn't know about Marth/Fjorm/Veronica until the showcase the day before, though that's obviously not the case this time around since we already know about MH Berserker.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking we'll hear something tonight (maybe tomorrow) in-regards to the MH event. There's maintenance on the 21st and only a few days left in the current event, so have to learn something soon. Maybe MH event on the 22nd and then Gala at the end of the month?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking we'll hear something tonight (maybe tomorrow) in-regards to the MH event. There's maintenance on the 21st and only a few days left in the current event, so have to learn something soon. Maybe MH event on the 22nd and then Gala at the end of the month?

Current stuff lasts through the 22nd, so it'd be on the 23rd in that case. Maintenance is also on the 22nd, to be clear. (Rather, if you're going by PT like the notice title times, it's the night of the day before. But I'm in Eastern, so... easier to use the full day it'll be on, with 1 AM reset currently.)

My thought is still Spirals + Prize banner + Void endeavors on the 23rd, with more news for MonHun then. But that is cutting things close if they don't want to do MonHun + Gala at the same time afterwards, hmm.

We'll learn more on Wednesday regardless, when they confirm the next banner.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Current stuff lasts through the 22nd, so it'd be on the 23rd in that case. Maintenance is also on the 22nd, to be clear. (Rather, if you're going by PT like the notice title times, it's the night of the day before. But I'm in Eastern, so... easier to use the full day it'll be on, with 1 AM reset currently.)

My thought is still Spirals + Prize banner + Void endeavors on the 23rd, with more news for MonHun then. But that is cutting things close if they don't want to do MonHun + Gala at the same time afterwards, hmm.

We'll learn more on Wednesday regardless, when they confirm the next banner.
Maintenance is 12AM MNT for me, so right on the cusp of the 21st/22nd. I didn't realize the current event runs until the 22nd, I've long since been finished with it. I'm not exactly excited for more Void Endeavors (I really wish they would add more items to the store for you to purchase with them), but at least the rewards for finishing them are great. We didn't get that mini story update for Chapter 11 this month yet either, so maybe that's something we might receive. The news posting mentioned it coming mid-January.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, right, I forgot about that story too, oops. I could see that also dropping on the 23rd, then.

I try to never finish events too early, but on the other hand I did all the boss endeavors already, so it's the case that about 2 challenge battles a day should perfectly cover the daily endeavors and finish the points on the last day. And I just hope the Void endeavors feature mostly worthwhile fights; it's always annoying when they're all about the random lower ones. I know why they do that - giving lower players a way to more easily make the weapons for the harder new ones - but at some point it'd be nice if it was like "fight Frost Hermit or Poseidon 20 times", etc. to allow higher level players to benefit more. Especially as I'm gonna need more hearts as I start unbinding (or at least getting materials for) more HD1s in a few elements, along with orbs for Spirals. The amount of Expert Void I've been doing to use up wings this week due to not being able to farm high dragons (as it'd use up my weeklies I need for Masters) has helped a bit, but I could always have more.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
We still haven't got the preview of the update, that they usually send out a week in advance. I'm guessing it will go:
21th: Catch-Up Campaign
23th: Gala + New Story + new Void endeavors
27th: Update + MH event

I'm not expecting the Prize banner to be a monthly thing, but for the months without Gala.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Recorded a REALLY sloppy Nightmare clear using Euden with Brunhilda, Alex with Zodiark, Laxi with Brunhilda, and Cleo with Zodiark, as well as permanent Wyrmprints. Ended with a whole minute left so there's a lot of leeway. A solo clear on my F2P NOTTE account might be doable as well, but I'm too busy these next few days to really experiment.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
We still haven't got the preview of the update, that they usually send out a week in advance. I'm guessing it will go:
21th: Catch-Up Campaign
23th: Gala + New Story + new Void endeavors
27th: Update + MH event

I'm not expecting the Prize banner to be a monthly thing, but for the months without Gala.

My thinking, though we do have no real precedent yet, is that Prize would come with Spirals so that those units would be easier to get. And if Gala was on the 23rd, that would be the earliest Gala that wasn't the first one (though an exception to make room for the event is fair enough).

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
man...got a random pub of my Verica with a Xania, Vanessa and Maribelle and finally cleared eHMS for the first time
im ecstatic

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
They changed the tutorial 5* summon into a free tenfold and then you can dream summon from the initial 5* roster. That's insanely good for new players.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Very nice update, the revive feature is a game changer for HDT.
The surviving bonus also means that 1-tail runs are a thing of the past.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I can't say how happy I am to see the new revive feature and extended time limit for ADTs. Struggling through mHBH last week for the first time (and ultimately still without a single clear despite hours upon hours of attempts and three time-overs), I was really hoping we'd get something drastic to help alleviate how punishing that fight is, and this new update couldn't be more timelier. I'm now wondering if it's even worth pursuing those clears this week when I could just wait another week for a hopefully much more pleasant PUBing experience...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It's definitely making me consider having a rest week with HDTs. I recorded some Pele Euden PUB eHMS clears, but I feel like there's a chance they may not even be relevant come next update depending on how the meta goes. A lot of time outs are now just straight up clears with the extra 5 minutes, especially the ones that are off by just a few seconds, and this could really lower the restrictions.

Even got useful stickers (one to say to dragon now, directional stickers), and an extra sticker page. There's so much good stuff coming next patch which can potentially improve the HDT experience immensely.

The normal difficulty story quests not costing stamina is also a great change for new players.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say how happy I am to see the new revive feature and extended time limit for ADTs. Struggling through mHBH last week for the first time (and ultimately still without a single clear despite hours upon hours of attempts and three time-overs), I was really hoping we'd get something drastic to help alleviate how punishing that fight is, and this new update couldn't be more timelier. I'm now wondering if it's even worth pursuing those clears this week when I could just wait another week for a hopefully much more pleasant PUBing experience...

See, my thing is: I did end up getting those clears, in the end, thankfully. Got a second mHMC clear fairly quickly thanks to Discord after the first, then eventually pubbed a mHBH clear last night. And - as much as I think this is overall a good, welcome change - if Masters get revives immediately, I'm gonna be pretty salty that I wasted all that time and effort for... what? An extra week or two of Expert Volk, at most? And all that thumb strain, seriously. My thumb's kinda worn out after all that 2/3FS as Welly...

That being said, obviously happy to have everyone else not have to deal with that. It is definitely a solid way to get the players who were super apprehensive about Expert and Master to get into high dragons. I have some worries - will revived players who quit due to not getting better rewards have their AIs still be alive, ruining baiting and such? - but that's fairly minor. There is also part of me that did enjoy the satisfaction of overcoming that challenge, but I'll surely be more satisfied with the bonus rewards and lots of time saved anyway.

The mentor stuff is also... hmm. I definitely think doing something like this is a good idea, but the specifics seem off. Regardless of whether the stamps are per run or per player, it does not seem anywhere near sustainable, especially with no way to actually match up specifically with people who need the first clear. I don't know if HDs flooding Standard is a bad thing, but I bet it invites a lot of toxicity between endgame players desperate to finish their stamps for the wyrmite who just keep getting paired with each other. For my part, I guess I'm gonna be doing more HJP/HZD again for the time being, since I feel like that'd be the easiest to get it covered, especially with the new Spirals coming...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, these changes essentially came straight from all the requests in threads complaining about HDT. Revives, mentorship for clearing sHDT/eHDT with new players, extended time so you don't time out due to damage, HDT specific stickers and Notte telling players what they should be doing. Bravo.

I thought if Revives were added it'd be tied a Wyrmite cost, but just tying them to a bonus is fantastic. I also never thought stuff like the mentorship would be included.

I swore off playing HDTs once Agito released and haven't even played them for weeklies. This update will really fixes Dragalia Lost's biggest blemish.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some enormous changes. Giving people essentially two freebie deaths will make clears a lot smoother. I'm sure some people will still give up if they die since they want the full rewards, but not having to restart a run thanks to a Hellfire desync or any of Jupiter's BS is a welcome change. Even the meteors during X-Muspelheim in mHBH should be more manageable now since you could just save a revive for that section. It isn't like any other part of the fight is super difficult, just that one pain in the ass.

Doubling the time limit will give a lot of leeway in player deaths as well. Even if you need to die three times to truly be dead, some people will still manage to do that while they're learning the fight. I've had eHMC runs (playing as a completely maxed out Victor) where we've lost a player pretty early in the run but still managed to clear, so doubling the time limit means the DPS check to clear in time is practically noexistant. I wonder if you could clear a Master HDT with 5* core weapons once the time limit is increased.

The mentorship bonus might be pretty hard to get beyond the very beginning. Especially clearing five Standard HDTs with new players in a week. Hopefully there is some way to see if a player hasn't cleared the fight before since there's no real reason to do a sHDT if you're not getting a mentor bonus from it. But then it looks like just some wyrmite as a reward so it won't be the end of the world to miss it.

At first I thought some of these changes were pretty drastic, but I feel pretty good about them now. The design of the Volk fight shows that the devs are moving away from the type of fight HDTs are, so if they 'fix' those old fights by just nerfing the hell out of them that isn't such a big deal. We'll have more reasonable endgame content coming with more Agito and the old endgame will be hammered into an appropriate difficulty to lead into Agito. Heck, the hardest part of clearing eVolk is clearing mHBH to be able to make the weapon to be strong enough to do eVolk. Clearly something had to change here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If I'm understanding right, these clear bonuses are on top of the normal clear rewards, so if you do a deathless clear you're now guaranteed more than a single tail. I think most folks who couldn't reliably clear at all will welcome just being able to clear now regardless of if they die once or twice, since the alternative is going through the rigamarole of finding another group for a single additional tail.

I think we literally only learn about Mana Spiral updates the day before they're live, so I wonder if we'll get them after this current event ends after maintenance or around the MH event.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Those HDT changes are great. I've missed out on beating the higher HMS because folk get accidentally caught or we time out, so might finally clear the damned thing.

Also fuck you HJP I'mma coming for your tails.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't got the dedication or consistency to do well at HDTs, so I've largely avoided them so far. Between mana spirals and these changes, they're starting to sound a lot more doable.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Talking about who new folks should choose for the free selectable 5* in the tutorial summon, I think my personal tier list would be:

S: Ezelith, Hildegarde

A: Xander, Mikoto, Maribelle

B: Hawk, Julietta, Xainfried

???: Nefaria

Nefaria is unknown until we see the Mana Spiral update, which potentially could turn Nefaria into an S like Ezelith if she's included.

Ezelith is incredibly good, but so is Euden now with the 70 MC update, so it's a question of whether you want to have one or two top-tier fire adventurers. Euden also has the upside of being easier to play when used for mHMS/eVolk, though Ezelith has the upside of being arguably the strongest character for eVolk.

I believe Hildegarde is a very good pick for new players in order to just have a catch-all healer they can use for all general content up until endgame. One of the biggest struggles when just starting out is dying from mistakes, and Hildegarde helps to make it so non-one shots are less lethal. Being light also means she won't have any inherent disadvantages for content like Fire/Water/Wind healers do.

Mikoto, Xander, and Maribelle are also decent DPS options in their respective elements, while Hawk, Julietta, and Xainfried are comparatively more subpar.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Hildegarde was my first Dream Summon and I still don't regret it. She was definitley my biggest quality of life improvement early on. Being able to slot her into every elemental team until I summoned an on-element healer was so helpful.

Although it might be worth waiting to see if Cleo gets her 70MC this month. If they buff Cleo's S2 to be like Jiang Ziya by adding a regen heal; then Hildegarde wouldn't be as great of a guaranteed first summon.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Even if Cleo receives a massive 70 MC, I think Hildegarde would still be a worthwhile pick since 70 MC-ing requires clearing and farming a lot of different content (campaign, daily resource grinds, Void Dragons, HDTs) on top of a decent amount of resources, which Hildegarde will help reach. Not only that, Dark still doesn't have access to 5-star or even 4-star HP dragons nor 5-star skill haste dragons, so Hildegarde will still have the potential edge in overall healing with access to both Jeanne D'Arc and Unicorn, on top of Jupiter being a mixed dragon versus Zodiark being pure strength when talking about incredibly unlucky or very early game players. Cleo will become a good long-term investment, but Hildegarde will still fulfill her role of being a very good pick for players to have one of the best healing options for the early to midgame, general content, and potentially lategame as well depending on how the HDT changes shake out.

Edit: 4-star or 5-star gacha HP dragons

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Cleo receives a massive 70 MC, I think Hildegarde would still be a worthwhile pick since 70 MC-ing requires clearing and farming a lot of different content (campaign, daily resource grinds, Void Dragons, HDTs) on top of a decent amount of resources, which Hildegarde will help reach. Not only that, Dark still doesn't have access to 5-star or even 4-star HP dragons nor 5-star skill haste dragons, so Hildegarde will still have the potential edge in overall healing with access to both Jeanne D'Arc and Unicorn, on top of Jupiter being a mixed dragon versus Zodiark being pure strength when talking about incredibly unlucky or very early game players. Cleo will become a good long-term investment, but Hildegarde will still fulfill her role of being a very good pick for players to have one of the best healing options for the early to midgame, general content, and potentially lategame as well depending on how the HDT changes shake out.

The Ebisu disrespect is real

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, meant to try Expert Volk all day after going over guides again, ended up trying it right at reset, and in the traditional manner..

It took uh... 3 or 4 tries, in maybe 20 minutes total, and this was my first time in the second phase? Gonna be a while before I have it down and actually can consistently do it, I'm sure, but that was a VERY pleasant surprise.

just sucks that either my phone or myself messed up and I don't have the actual clear attempt recorded, which is very frustrating both for sentimental reasons and because I wanted to review why I died and if I timed PSiren buffs well...

But in any case, 6* wand for Xania here I come, I guess?! Not sure if I wanna MUB that first or also make a 0UB sword to begin with, since that'd get me away from off-element MUB HD2s for both. And, well, I should maybe have some reservations about continuing to double down on these specific weapon types, lmao. But with how relatively quick these will be to farm... I don't mind doing this much before branching out more (most likely to dagger and blade), especially as I'll already likely be branching out with the next HD2s I'll be working towards as well.

"・The newly added interlude will be partially voiced instead of fully voiced in Japanese."

I know it's just an Interlude and all, but it does make me worry that future main story segments will have their Japanese VA cut back. :(

Also more news!

They gave the main campaign update frequency as a reason for less 5* voices in the past month. So I would be very surprised to see them cut it back from the main story updates. We don't know what these additions are like yet, so if it's just some EX-style bits, that's fine enough. (I can agree that ideally they should just record the full voices alongside the chapter, assuming it doesn't require additional actors, but...)

EDIT:

More MonHun stuff, with story confirmed! I saw the Big Boy Rathalos at first but missed that second one...

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
That's one big boy

I really hope this event isn't another MM-lite collaboration. I need my story!
Looks like Cygames heard you

With the end of this the Void Battles endeavours and the automatic update both scheduled for the 29th that's probably when the MH event will start.
Which left 6 days for Gala, but they aren't this long usually....

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They gave the main campaign update frequency as a reason for less 5* voices in the past month. So I would be very surprised to see them cut it back from the main story updates. We don't know what these additions are like yet, so if it's just some EX-style bits, that's fine enough. (I can agree that ideally they should just record the full voices alongside the chapter, assuming it doesn't require additional actors, but...)
Yeah, I'm not too worried about things just yet. If they ever stop voicing the main story itself, that's when I'm going to hit the panic button.

Looks like Cygames heard you

With the end of this the Void Battles endeavours and the automatic update both scheduled for the 29th that's probably when the MH event will start.
Which left 6 days for Gala, but they aren't this long usually....

I am so...so happy. Bring me that MH greatness, Cygames!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a heads up, the Void Schedule now has the Volcanic Chimera double drops popping up Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday this week, which makes it a pretty good time to farm it for more Chimeratech weapons, especially since this month's limited-time Void Endeavors include the Volcanic Chimera.

Also, if you don't think you'll have the time to pace out the Catch-Up Campaign Endeavors, you can speedrun most of them by running the lowest difficulty of each quest and auto-repeating it the required number of times. I plan to do that since my schedule will be a bit shaky for this week.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
so in HMC, if I'm playing as Lowen, should I always be taking the furthest bubble?
I'm not sure if I'm just being jerkish but not or if my teammates are just lowsy at getting to a bubble

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so in HMC, if I'm playing as Lowen, should I always be taking the furthest bubble?
I'm not sure if I'm just being jerkish but not or if my teammates are just lowsy at getting to a bubble

You should take the furthest right bubble (the fourth one), yes. Ideally any other ranged should then be in the third one.

EDIT: ...I missed this bit earlier, but ideally everyone else should be at the top left with Mercury, so you wouldn't be a jerk to begin with as it'd be easier for them to get he other bubbles. If that's not where Mercury is, their baiting is part of the problem.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I wonder how long the chapter interlude will be.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since Lunar New Year is this weekend, I think it'd be fitting to have a really short re-run of last year's with Su Fang's Mana Spiral; the same duration as December's NY re-run where it was less than a week with no Omega. I find I'm a lot more open to the raid re-runs when they're that short, especially since the Mana Spiral update is pretty significant, and it gives us more to do during the Void week, assuming MH isn't literally announced to be coming next reset.

about 200 Wyrmite is my guess...

four stories, four dungeons

Seems like a reasonable shot in the dark.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
See, my thing is: I did end up getting those clears, in the end, thankfully. Got a second mHMC clear fairly quickly thanks to Discord after the first, then eventually pubbed a mHBH clear last night. And - as much as I think this is overall a good, welcome change - if Masters get revives immediately, I'm gonna be pretty salty that I wasted all that time and effort for... what? An extra week or two of Expert Volk, at most? And all that thumb strain, seriously. My thumb's kinda worn out after all that 2/3FS as Welly...

That being said, obviously happy to have everyone else not have to deal with that. It is definitely a solid way to get the players who were super apprehensive about Expert and Master to get into high dragons. I have some worries - will revived players who quit due to not getting better rewards have their AIs still be alive, ruining baiting and such? - but that's fairly minor. There is also part of me that did enjoy the satisfaction of overcoming that challenge, but I'll surely be more satisfied with the bonus rewards and lots of time saved anyway.

The mentor stuff is also... hmm. I definitely think doing something like this is a good idea, but the specifics seem off. Regardless of whether the stamps are per run or per player, it does not seem anywhere near sustainable, especially with no way to actually match up specifically with people who need the first clear. I don't know if HDs flooding Standard is a bad thing, but I bet it invites a lot of toxicity between endgame players desperate to finish their stamps for the wyrmite who just keep getting paired with each other. For my part, I guess I'm gonna be doing more HJP/HZD again for the time being, since I feel like that'd be the easiest to get it covered, especially with the new Spirals coming...

Be super grateful you got those clears instead of wasting even more hours with nothing to show for it like me. :P

Spent hours on mHBH again today and didn't even get to break one time. And I can't completely blame other players either, since it always seems like when I survive the meteors someone else dies, but when I die/get hit everyone else lives. It's maddening. Even with the upcoming changes I still don't expect to get a clear without another 10 to 20 hours of suffering. I hate this fight so damn much it hurts. :(

I've got mad respect for those who managed to clear this in its first two months without Gelly or Jiang. But then again, I'd think most of the hardcore base was active back then and less active now, which lowers the quality of PUBs to a significant degree. I just feel like I need to light a fire under my caboose pronto and catch up with an HDT2 weapon so I can avoid the same thing happening with eVolk...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In regards to the mentor stuff, I don't think it's intended as a sustainable stream of Wyrmite that veterans will regularly be working to get. It's just a system to basically ensure that veterans will be more open to either teaching or carrying new players by giving them incentives, instead of the current situation where running with new players is just a strict negative versus running with similarly skilled or geared randoms. It's a way to compensate veterans that take the time to help new players. I assume the weekly cap is there so it isn't a theoretically infinite source of Wyrmite, which would be a tad exploitable.