• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My first free ten-pull was nine silver, one gold (Verica dupe). At least I got eldwater out of it.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
My free daily tenfold on my F2P NOTTE was also no 5-star and just Eldwater.

We've generally gotten silver emblems from the daily nightmare chests, I assume we'll also get something similar for the MH event.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled MH!Beserker and 2x Fatalis with 70 pulls worth of tickets. Also pulled Delphi and S!Verica who were my two prime summon targets for the next Dream Summon (whenever that comes around).

I'm also essentially out of Champion's Testaments (Just enough to get Patia to 70MC). I have so many 5* adventurers that are just stuck at 40MC.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared the two Rathalos fights pretty handily with my Chimeratech fire-team, pleasantly surprised. Bring on Nightmare.

(also why can't I auto EX fights, that's like a 9k might c'mon)

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
For those of you who didn't take a huge break like I did, what's your average team might? I'm at about 10.2K but realize I have some catching up to do.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Average is around 24k-25k
22-24. Fire being my strongest at 26k and rainbow team at 30k
Well holy shit. I went on an upgrade spree and got up to around 14K. Still a ways off!

Edit: to be completely honest I'm not doing myself any favors. I pretty much upgrade at random. I have no idea which characters are top tier. I just upgrade my favorites or upgrade whoever is in the party when I auto-balance. And I have NO idea which wyrmprints to hunt for or prioritize. I upgraded all my wyrmprints randomly.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
so uh

I've had my friend unit set to Rena for the longest ass time and i'd never get invites

now I log-in for the first time since last night and I have like... literally 100 friend requests

what the FUCK is happening, I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
so uh

I've had my friend unit set to Rena for the longest ass time and i'd never get invites

now I log-in for the first time since last night and I have like... literally 100 friend requests

what the FUCK is happening, I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball
I have a Rena, and I like her... what happened and what can I do to make my Rena a pretty girl at the ball too?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Rena, and I like her... what happened and what can I do to make my Rena a pretty girl at the ball too?

I have no idea, I didn't change anything! And I'm pretty sure this isn't the first fire event since I set her either... Very confusing.

... I wonder if it's got something to do with the Mentorship thing? Like maybe it suggests you as a helper account more often? No clue.

It IS a +610 Rena tho.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Well holy shit. I went on an upgrade spree and got up to around 14K. Still a ways off!

Edit: to be completely honest I'm not doing myself any favors. I pretty much upgrade at random. I have no idea which characters are top tier. I just upgrade my favorites or upgrade whoever is in the party when I auto-balance. And I have NO idea which wyrmprints to hunt for or prioritize. I upgraded all my wyrmprints randomly.

I'm in the same boat. I've come back after a couple months and my average is around 17k. I haven't even done an HDT yet, so I wanna try beating at least one. The void boss battle order and what weapons to get is confusing me though.

What do I need to do to prep for HDT? Fully upgraded facilities, the HDT wymprint, and a void weapon?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat. I've come back after a couple months and my average is around 17k. I haven't even done an HDT yet, so I wanna try beating at least one. The void boss battle order and what weapons to get is confusing me though.

What do I need to do to prep for HDT? Fully upgraded facilities, the HDT wymprint, and a void weapon?

Numberfox wrote up a great thing on breaking into the cycle that should probably be made part of the OP.

But basically it goes

Eolian Phantom -> Craft anti volcanic chimera weapon.

Volchanic Chimera -> Craft Volchanic chimera weapon, enhance to second stage

Volk/Agito -> Get agito weapon

you're ready for HDT's once you have either an upgraded (2nd stage) volcanic chimera weapon or an agito weapon.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This game treats me in strange ways.

I got a rainbow animation in today's free ten-pull and got excited! Down came a...rod? Dupe Maribelle. SHE'S NOT EVEN ON RATE-UP! Frustrated I started spending single tickets and got another rainbow animation after a handful. It was a dragon this time. Hey, Fatalis, I'll take i-wait. Water Siren? SHE'S NOT ON RATE-UP EITHER! Frustrated I spent another ten tickets, two ten-pull vouchers, and then spent 1,200 wyrmite. Down fell a spear this time. Thankfully it was Vanessa, the MH character I wanted most, and NOT a non-rated up character. I don't think my heart could have taken it otherwise.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
This game treats me in strange ways.

I got a rainbow animation in today's free ten-pull and got excited! Down came a...rod? Dupe Maribelle. SHE'S NOT EVEN ON RATE-UP! Frustrated I started spending single tickets and got another rainbow animation after a handful. It was a dragon this time. Hey, Fatalis, I'll take i-wait. Water Siren? SHE'S NOT ON RATE-UP EITHER! Frustrated I spent another ten tickets, two ten-pull vouchers, and then spent 1,200 wyrmite. Down fell a spear this time. Thankfully it was Vanessa, the MH character I wanted most, and NOT a non-rated up character. I don't think my heart could have taken it otherwise.

If it makes you any happier, I've gotten like... 6 golds and NONE were rate-ups so far. Dupe Cupid, Dupe Natalie, Dupe Lily, Dupe Maribelle and Dupe... shit I already forgot, there was something else though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you any happier, I've gotten like... 6 golds and NONE were rate-ups so far. Dupe Cupid, Dupe Natalie, Dupe Lily, Dupe Maribelle and Dupe... shit I already forgot, there was something else though.
Cupid is actually on rate-up though (which scares me, since he's at MLB+1 for me). Sucks about the rest though, getting all of those adventurers and not the ones on rate-up can't feel amazing. :/

I hope your luck turns around soon with the rest of the free pulls!

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Cupid is actually on rate-up though (which scares me, since he's at MLB+1 for me). Sucks about the rest though, getting all of those adventurers and not the ones on rate-up can't feel amazing. :/

I hope your luck turns around soon with the rest of the free pulls!

... wait, why is Cupid on rate-up?! Who else is that I missed?!

Cupid and heinwald are on rate up in addition to the monster hunter units on this banner.

Well I'll be damned.

I just really want Fatalis though :( I'll save my Wyrmite until all the free pulls are over though

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
... wait, why is Cupid on rate-up?! Who else is that I missed?!
It seems like you already got your answer, haha.

It sounds worse than it is, since the rates shared by Vanessa, Berserker and Fatalis would be the same regardless, it just means a better chance of Heinwald and Cupid rather than someone off-banner spooking you. I'd actually prefer the spooks though, since I already have Heinwald and (as I mentioned) Cupid MLB+1 (though I guess I'll start working on MLB'ing that second copy, at least it's a STR dragon). It's just weird how I sometimes (and you, apparently) continually pull off-banner stuff despite having the lowest rates. Luck can be a strange thing.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like you already got your answer, haha.

It sounds worse than it is, since the rates shared by Vanessa, Berserker and Fatalis would be the same regardless, it just means a better chance of Heinwald and Cupid rather than someone off-banner spooking you. I'd actually prefer the spooks though, since I already have Heinwald and (as I mentioned) Cupid MLB+1 (though I guess I'll start working on MLB'ing that second copy, at least it's a STR dragon). It's just weird how I sometimes (and you, apparently) continually pull off-banner stuff despite having the lowest rates. Luck can be a strange thing.

what's even funnier is that I was just like "hey let me pull a couple singles to get a rate-up for the ten-pull" and then I pulled a single Natalie 5 pulls in

why you gotta tease me like that game

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Some questions: Got two Cupids from the draw, should I use one to uncap or wait until I can fully uncap?
How do you get more of the event wyrmprints?

Should probably do some of the main story, but I've been grinding to get a fully uncapped Rath.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Some questions: Got two Cupids from the draw, should I use one to uncap or wait until I can fully uncap?
How do you get more of the event Wrymprints?

Should probably do some of the main story, but I've been grinding to get a fully uncapped Rath.

Just use one to uncap the other, until it's MUB you're better off just using a MUB 4* dragon anyway (Lindwyrm I think is the light one?)

more of the event wyrmprint are in the wyrmprint store for eldwater, but I don't think it's that great that you necessarily need to get more than the one from the event store.

also you have 18 days left to grind for Rath, don't hurt your wrists :D

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
what's even funnier is that I was just like "hey let me pull a couple singles to get a rate-up for the ten-pull" and then I pulled a single Natalie 5 pulls in

why you gotta tease me like that game
That's why I always start with tickets and not do them after. That's gotta hurt. :(

How do you get more of the event wyrmprints?

Already answered, but unbind the Cupid. Use Lindwyrm (4* STR light dragon) on your other adventurers, as it's easy to LB and they won't be using the shapeshift feature anyway.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Another free tenfold summon, but no rainbow drop this time. Only noteworthy was the 3 Ifrit and 4 Dark Imp or whatever its name is from this same pull...

So I've decided for this banner that each day I'm gonna pull until I got at least 1 rainbow drop (I know, that's not healthy but wathever, I'm gonna go hard on this banner for the limited units anyway). Lo and behold, I used 10 more single tickets and 1 more tenfold ticket.
Double rainbow drops from the tenfold summon !
A staff and a crystal.
Heinwald (dupe...) and... Cupid...
Well, I guess I'm on my way to a 3rd MUB Cupid...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Another free tenfold summon, but no rainbow drop this time. Only noteworthy was the 3 Ifrit and 4 Dark Imp or whatever its name is from this same pull...

So I've decided for this banner that each day I'm gonna pull until I got at least 1 rainbow drop (I know, that's not healthy but wathever, I'm gonna go hard on this banner for the limited units anyway). Lo and behold, I used 10 more single tickets and 1 more tenfold ticket.
Double rainbow drops from the tenfold summon !
A staff and a crystal.
Heinwald (dupe...) and... Cupid...
Well, I guess I'm on my way to a 3rd MUB Cupid...
My condolences. :(

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Heinwald fits the "researcher" matter, which is why people feel Student Maribelle might be the rated-up character/filler on the second banner. Cupid is rated up because...people "love" Monster Hunter?

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, stat question for people:

I was under the impression that Fatalis' 50% strength increase (and, generally being able to go to 100 instead of 80) would be an increase in stats for any character who was using a MUB 4* strength dragon of their respective element. Using my newly MUB Fatalis though, strength goes up when I equip him, but HP goes down AND overall Might goes down when the adventure isn't shadow element. For example, on Fjorm who is currently equipped with Vodyanoy, equipping Fatalis gives strength +72, but reduces HP by -76 and Might by -78.

...What am I missing here? I got an excellent free pull on day one and ended up with 2 Fatalis. Because I thought he was so damn good, rather than start unbinding one, I decided to splurge and use 4 sunstones to MUB one of them, and keep the other as extra. I had a planed to upgrade all my rainbow team 4* strength dragons with Fatalis, but now I'm not sure, if it's lowering overall team might. I think it's still probably worth the Sunstone investment to have more than one, but I just am curious why might (and HP, for that matter), are going down...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I was under the impression that Fatalis' 50% strength increase (and, generally being able to go to 100 instead of 80) would be an increase in stats for any character who was using a MUB 4* strength dragon of their respective element. Using my newly MUB Fatalis though, strength goes up when I equip him, but HP goes down AND overall Might goes down when the adventure isn't shadow element. For example, on Fjorm who is currently equipped with Vodyanoy, equipping Fatalis gives strength +72, but HP by -76 and Might by -78.

...What am I missing here? I got an excellent free pull on day one and ended up with 2 Fatalis. Because I thought he was so damn good, rather than start unbinding one, I decided to splurge and use 4 sunstones to MUB one of them, and keep the other as extra. I had a planed to upgrade all my rainbow team 4* strength dragons with Fatalis, but now I'm not sure, if it's lowering overall team might. I think it's still probably worth the Sunstone investment to have more than one, but I just am curious why might (and HP, for that matter), are going down...
You get increased stats if you match the element of your character and dragon, so if you have matching STR dragons already for the various elements, using Fatalis for anything other than Shadow might not be the best idea. It's the same way with weapons (plus everything looks nice when all of the elements sync together).

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017

I was under the impression that Fatalis' 50% strength increase (and, generally being able to go to 100 instead of 80) would be an increase in stats for any character who was using a MUB 4* strength dragon of their respective element. Using my newly MUB Fatalis though, strength goes up when I equip him, but HP goes down AND overall Might goes down when the adventure isn't shadow element. For example, on Fjorm who is currently equipped with Vodyanoy, equipping Fatalis gives strength +72, but reduces HP by -76 and Might by -78.

...What am I missing here?

MUB Vodyanoy: 296 HP * 1.5 (elemental bonus) = 444
MUB Fatalis: 368 HP.
444 - 368 = 76.

And Might formula is (HP + STR + Ability value + Skill value + Bond lvl) * 1.5 (elemental bonus).

Last edited:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
You get increased stats if you match the element of your character and dragon, so if you have matching STR dragons already for the various elements, using Fatalis for anything other than Shadow might not be the best idea. It's the same way with weapons (plus everything looks nice when all of the elements sync together).
Ah, I knew about the matching elements giving a bonus, but I thought his raw stats would make up for it. Already have a MUB Shinobi and MUB Marishiten though (through the help of stones), so it might have been a waste not to just MUB one Fatalis after pulls are finished, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have extra limited strength dragons...
MUB Vodyanoy: 296 HP * 1.5 (elemental bonus) = 444
MUB Fatalis: 368 HP.
444 - 368 = 76.

And Might formula is (HP + STR + Ability value + Skill value + Bond lvl) * 1.5 (elemental bonus).
This is very enlightening. Thanks for explaining it out for me, including the math of it. I've been playing since week one, and didn't have any idea of how the stats were calculated. Makes sense!

Overall, it looks like he will be better than unaugmented 4* MUB in matching elements once we are able to get dragon augmentations other than the ones granted in the story. I suppose I probably shouldn't have parted ways with some of my excess 4* strength dragons (still have one MUB in each element), but so it goes. I really needed the room in my Dragon roost anyways.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
What are you guys referring to when you say MUB? I got a Cupid, should be doing something to it and using it for this event?

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
What are you guys referring to when you say MUB? I got a Cupid, should be doing something to it and using it for this event?
MUB stands for Max-Un-Bound (aka 4UB), or having unbound a single dragon 4 times, using copies of it or Moon/Sunstones. It allows the dragon to be leveled to it's highest level, and the strength/hp/etc boosts are increased as well.

Generally speaking, a MUB 4* strength dragon (45% strength bonus) is better than a non-MUB 5* strength dragon. Look at Lindworm and Cupid, for example. They start at 30% and 40% at 0UB, and the bonus increases to 45% and 60% when each are MUB. This is why it's typically better to use a MUB 4* strength dragon than to use a non-MUB 5* strength dragon, as the strength boost is better with the 4* until the 5* is MUB.

As for your Cupid, if you have Lindworm at MUB and fully levelled, you should use it over Cupid with a light adventurer, such as Hunter Vanessa. However, if you don't have MUB Lindworms for all your light characters, Cupid at any unbound is better than Lindworm at lower than MUB.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

If you're looking for some meta adventurers, the ones that are regularly used for endgame, someone on Reddit posted an Expert HDT guide for each HDT. Similarly, you can check out Ottermatic's Wyrmprint Guide for popular endgame builds including Wyrmprint combos if you go to the HMS, HBH, HMC, HJP, and HZD tabs for the respective elemental endgames. Just note that with 70 MC (adventurers with increased Mana Circles from 50 to 70), adventurers can essentially be buffed into being relevant to the meta. For example, 70 MC Euden (the free main character) and Xania (3-star wand) are top tier meta picks now for all fire endgame content. Dark just got it for several adventurers, and we're getting more next month, which may shake up the HJP meta. Also, the reason the Reddit eHDT guide dissuades using Glorious Tempest while I recommend it in my guide is because my guide is for the bare minimal requirements you need to successfully PUB in eHMS, while that guide is the recommended builds that you should be working towards in order to contribute more.

Smiley's summary is good, though here is the in-depth guide I posted a few weeks ago, now with additional relevant endgame links towards the end of it. Can also check what I just wrote to Cloud-Hidden for more resources. There's a lot more options to increase an adventurer's stats nowadays, so there's some flexibility to how to build your character when getting started, which I outline in my guide.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
We got a little event spoiler in the bug fix notes for the new characters if you look closely enough. The devs let slip that a later quest will involve
Dreadking Rathalos

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
MUB stands for Multi-UnBound

I'd say it's "max" rather than "multi", but otherwise a good explanation, haha.

Similarly, I know "MLB" got used here earlier, which is possibly also confusing people. I believe that's just what people call it for stuff in Granblue? Most use "MUB" for Dragalia.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say it's "max" rather than "multi", but otherwise a good explanation, haha.

Similarly, I know "MLB" got used here earlier, which is possibly also confusing people. I believe that's just what people call it for stuff in Granblue? Most use "MUB" for Dragalia.
Ah, well, that sure makes a lot more sense. I'm not sure where I picked up "multi" from. Will go and change the post for the sake of clarity. Cheers for that!

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, it looks like the Eolian Phantom Strike is no longer on Thursdays? It's not showing up for me in the void battles section.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, it looks like the Eolian Phantom Strike is no longer on Thursdays? It's not showing up for me in the void battles section.

The schedule tends to change a bit after each batch of endeavors with the differing schedule. I usually just check the Gamepedia front page for the current schedule if I don't have the game open, but does look like that is still out of date currently... if it's still like that when I get home from work later, I think I'll go update that myself.