• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

I downloaded this game when it first came out, but didn't play it at all. The new Monster Hunter event piqued my interest and I had some free pulls piled up. For 5 star units I have: Berserker, Akasha, Hildegarde, and Heinwald. For 5 star dragons I have: Fatalis, Hastur, Garuda, Siren, and Cupid. I also have a bunch of 4 star units/dragons if any of the 5 stars are mediocre.

Can someone point me in the direction of what party I should use, and things that I should focus on as I start playing through the story?

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Numberfox Thanks for the guide! I'll make sure to take a look at it.

Out of curiosity, you mentioned this is the path to get the best fire weapons out right now, but how about the other element weapons? Do they follow the same pattern for getting the best weapons, or are they still the original 5* weapons?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

Out of curiosity, you mentioned this is the path to get the best fire weapons out right now, but how about the other element weapons? Do they follow the same pattern for getting the best weapons, or are they still the original 5* weapons?
Other elements have yet to get their Agito/Chimeratech equivalents. For them you probably just want to forge Void HDT bane weapons and use those to farm the appropriate expert HDT trial.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

The strongest weapons are the High Dragon Weapons (this is also true for the fire weapons) the difference though, is that there's no in between (like agito or chimeratech weapons) for the other elements. Hopefully that gap will close when they release the other agito/chimera fights

There are two paths you could take, either grinding to craft the void HDT bane weapons and using them to fight the HDT so you can craft the HDT1 weapons or getting the fire agito 6* weapon to get into expert HMS, that way you can get into the expert cycle
eHMS > eHMC > eHBH

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

I downloaded this game when it first came out, but didn't play it at all. The new Monster Hunter event piqued my interest and I had some free pulls piled up. For 5 star units I have: Berserker, Akasha, Hildegarde, and Heinwald. For 5 star dragons I have: Fatalis, Hastur, Garuda, Siren, and Cupid. I also have a bunch of 4 star units/dragons if any of the 5 stars are mediocre.

Can someone point me in the direction of what party I should use, and things that I should focus on as I start playing through the story?

Rathalos and Fatalis don't have an element so it is fine to mix and match elements when building a team for the event. I'd run Hunter Berserker, Hildegarde or Akasha, and then any two DPS (so no staff users) from the 4*s you have.

Try to grab the Fatalis weapons (on the second tab of the treasure trade for the event) to outfit your team with. They have good base stats that are probably better than anything you can craft if you're really new and your forge isn't upgraded. Plus they do +30% damage against the event enemies so they'll help you pull your weight a bit more.

For more general content outside the event, you should try to start building a team for each element. Aim for a healer and then three DPS all sharing the same element. Hildegarde can fill in the healer spot on any team where you don't have a good healer that matches, since Light has no weaknesses. Get dragons of matching element to boost your adventurers' power, with strength and skill damage dragons on your DPS and HP dragons on your healers. Fatalis can slot in for any element since his first strength bonus isn't tied to an element. So out of the dragons you've listed, you'd use Hastur, Siren, and Cupid on matching DPS adventurers and you'd stick Garuda on Akasha for your wind team.

The Rathalos and Fatalis fights are really good for just general item drops, plus there are tons of materials to trade for in the treasure trade. The story missions should cost no stamina now so try and run through those as you get stronger as you'll unlock more game modes. The most important to unlock as soon as possible is Imperial Onslaught, which I believe comes after clearing chapter 6. This mode has daily rewards associated with it and gives you some more facilities to up your power so you should get started on it as soon as you can. Other modes like Void Battles and Mercurial Gauntlet are good as well but there isn't as much rush with those. Void Battles have monthly rewards, but I don't think I'd bother spending these last two days doing them instead of the event. Mercurial Gauntlet has monthly rewards as well but the quests don't cost stamina and the monthly reset isn't until the 15th of each month so you have time to get into that mode later.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hey all,

Would you be able to screenshot your Adventurer and dragon Lists so we have a better frame of reference? Your 5-star adventurers aren't bad, it's just that since 3 of them are healers, you'll need to rely on using 4-star/3-star adventurers for additional DPS. Very good 4-star adventurers in the permanent pool given the adventurers you've listed would be Noelle, Patia, Emma, Joachim, Durant and Fleur. Euden (your fire sword main character) and Elisanne are free story units that are also very good investments. Xania, Joe, Alain, Renelle, and Aoi are 3-star Fire DPS adventurers that have the ability to rival 5-star adventurers in terms of stats and DPS with additional investment through a system called Mana Spirals (colloquially called 70 MC), so they can also be worthwhile investments; Xania in particular is legitimately a top tier meta adventurer in endgame Fire content.

Until you reach HDTs, you can just use Chimeratech weapons for general content. When you reach HDTs, depending on how you feel about them, there's two ways to go about it.

1) If you enjoy the HDT fights, then by following my guide you'll be able to tackle Expert HMS, which gives Wind weapons. You'll use those weapons to fight expert High Mercury for Water weapons, and you've now covered fire/wind/water. Master HMS/HBH/HMC will give you further upgrades to those weapons. I would wait until next month before considering getting endgame light/dark weapons because there's a chance that things may shakeup since they're planning to give more dark adventurers Mana Spirals. We got Volcanic Chimera/Volk at the same time as when they released fire adventurer Mana Spirals, so it's highly possible they'll do the same for Dark, which will make the progression a lot more streamlined compared to now.

2) If you dislike the HDT fights, that's okay. You can literally just use the fire Chimeratech weapons off-element until they release the other elemental Chimeras. Chimeratech weapons are so strong that they will literally give more Might and Strength than on-element core weapons, so you're not losing much by just using the Chimeratech weapons for everything that isn't specialized Void Battles or endgame content.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since we've been getting some new folks, here's some more extra resources. In case you want to get better at using the different weapons in the games, the YouTuber Brotel made a video showcasing what some of the optimal combo strings are for weapons. Relatedly, someone on Reddit decided to post advanced techniques for blades and wands, including where each technique is applicable in endgame content. None of this (outside of the optimal sword attack combo) is mandatory to learn, but it can improve your DPS substantially if you decide to tackle the extra challenge. Just a note that Hunter Berserker probably has a different optimal combo compared to normal swords because of his Force Strike.

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
I have been enjoying the event so far.

I haven't had a positive experience with revives yet. A lot more pvp lately. Maybe as people get better revives will come in clutch, hopefully.

Harusame

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Since we have been getting more people, I have created a new ERA alliance, as the other ERA alliances appear fully occupied. To those who are interested in joining, it's call Oathkeepers (Alliance ID - 2564 0508). Just say that you are from ERA, and I'll be happy to add you guys.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Got Nidhogg from today's rainbow drop out of the free tenfold summon.
I guess Fatalis really hates humanity...or at least some indivuals more than others 😢

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
yassss Fatalis

.. why does my strength go up by 200, my HP down by 150 and my might down by 300 (!) when I change to him from a pure strength dragon (juggernaut)? that's some real weird stat wizardry going on there

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Given that I literally just got him - that explains the difference probably! thanks. I keep forgetting that's a thing that affects might...
That explains it, haha.

Time to shove some clovers down his throat, assuming you have a sufficient stock.

Edit:

Free daily ten-pull gave me a rainbow animation!

Duplicate Lucretia. Well okay then.

I then decided to spend wyrmite until I got another 5* pull, whatever it is. After three multi-pulls I got a gold-to-rainbow shatter animation, with it being a sword. Could it be Berserker? It could, and it was. So both MH adventurers obtained! Still no Fatalis though, I really hope I get him on the rest of my daily pulls as I can't see myself spending wyrmite now with Part 2 incoming and myself with 2/3 of the banner characters. Still very happy overall with what I got, though I'm not sure how much I'll actually use Berserker since he's not stun-resist. Might be fun for Volk though.

Last edited:

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Third free tenfold aaaaand...
k2r4pJN.jpg

Disgusting :D

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Third free tenfold finally got me a 5*, and it's Vanessa that was my most wanted of the banner. Now hoping to get Berserker and Fatalis with the remaining free pull as Sarisse is my priority.

Tomorrow is "This Month in Dragalia" time, with hopefully the announcement of the next Chimera and Agito battle.

And don't forget that the Void shop reset as well.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Colorless battles are way too easy :(

They need to crank those numbers up when you can combo Gleo + Gala Prince with no downsides to it.

The event is lovely, though. Those Wyrmprints <3

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
what's the deal with the body parts on fatalis

I got a horn rare boost and it says it will boost Notte's horn in the fatalis fight

It's not like it matters, as the fights are super easy so far

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
what's the deal with the body parts on fatalis

I got a horn rare boost and it says it will boost Notte's horn in the fatalis fight

It's not like it matters, as the fights are super easy so far

Notte is applying a random Str buff during the fight, the boost changes it from 15% to 30%.
It's easy to miss given how many buffs fly around in these full raids.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even build a colorless team for this. I'm just using my Sleep Resist Fire team of Ezelith/Emma/ Rena/H.Lowen

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Gotta wait for the higher difficulty quests that are releasing later. These first ones are definitely geared more towards completely new players.

Didn't feel like committing to HJP yet on my F2P NOTTE account, literally just popped in to get carried, give randoms their mentor bonus, and get the needed orbs to 70 MC Botan. I'll give it a short if/when we get dark Chimera weapons. With the weekly chest I got 9 orbs in total, which is good since you need 8 for a 4-star 70 MC.

Decided to do 2 weekly eHMS clears with Rathalos Euden on my F2P NOTTE account. Assuming someone doesn't have an Arctos statue and opted for the 6* 0UB Agito weapon instead of using the mats for a flame tree, a person can still get 8K with Rathalos Euden with maxed Augments (600), MUB Chimeratech Commander sword, MUB Tempest Overlord/Glorious Tempest, 31/31 Flame Altars, 16/16 Sword Dojo's, 15 Magma Slime Statue, and 10 Flame Tree. Runs were smooth overall; I don't play perfectly, but here's some videos to give newer folks an idea on what they ought to do to be an effective baiter.

Clear 1 with Xania, Sarisse, and H! Lowen

Clear 2 with Xania, Xania, and Verica

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got Fatalis from my free pull today. Blessed. My first non-dupe since pre-Gala banner!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish more people would use healers when playing random HMC. Everyone dies way too quickly

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I wish more people would use healers when playing random HMC. Everyone dies way too quickly

Even when I ran Lowen during my time with Standard, most things would still kill people. Once your HP had been buffed enough, you could maaaaaybe take one of the blasts or bursting bubbles and be into red health but still alive, but that's about it IIRC.

That dark team meta list is just sad.

Also I don't care what anyone says I'm using Gala Sarisse and you can't stop me

That list is only for Master; Sarisse isn't exactly uncommon in eHMS.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Even when I ran Lowen during my time with Standard, most things would still kill people. Once your HP had been buffed enough, you could maaaaaybe take one of the blasts or bursting bubbles and be into red health but still alive, but that's about it IIRC.
Hmm, I might switch to Noelle then since I'm having trouble dodging attacks as WElly

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So the MH banner is apparently updated on the 3rd (at 10PM PST), so I'd imagine we'll get the new showcase preview on Sunday. Since the daily free-pulls extend beyond this date, I wonder if we'll get one on each of the banners each day, for Part 1 and Part 2. I'm excited either way, I need that Sarisse.

Also, I really wish there was an option to disable special/spell effects while keeping the AOE zone indicators active. It's hard to keep track of the boss with everyone's attacks going out, and I don't want to set the graphics mode to Basic since it makes the AOE zones look horrible and more difficult to see. :/

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I might switch to Noelle then since I'm having trouble dodging attacks as WElly

Well... I do kinda like playing the ranged role in the fight more, so I can't say it's a bad idea in general. But you're going to have to deal with a lot more attacks when you're Noelle, so I'm not sure I'd advise it for you in this specific case?

What specific attacks are causing you trouble?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well... I do kinda like playing the ranged role in the fight more, so I can't say it's a bad idea in general. But you're going to have to deal with a lot more attacks when you're Noelle, so I'm not sure I'd advise it for you in this specific case?

What specific attacks are causing you trouble?
All of them

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm. Did you go over videos or a moveset list before trying the fight, and ideally from the POV of Welly if a video? She always does the same attacks in the same order, and there's enough clear "phases" to the fight that it's not that bad to memorize.

The only thing that you should really ever be possibly getting hit by is the stomp that leads into charges, or whirlpools/bursting like everyone is kinda at risk of. Otherwise, it sounds like maybe Noelle just isn't baiting correctly, or possibly you're positioning yourself weirdly?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I am more worried I get the omega key once omega is available tho
It only takes 600 silver emblems to earn the omega key, and while we don't know when the omega fight will be made available, I doubt they'd just spring it on us without advance notice. Most likely it will arrive once the next story chapter unlocks on the 4th (at the earliest) so I wouldn't stress about it since you should have plenty of time to collect the emblems you need.

But if you want to grind for silver emblems anyway, Fatalis Clash: G★ is the place to do it.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Well that took long enough...

e0jWL8p.jpg

For those wondering whether it's worth the time and effort to earn the full 325 Wyrmite from the weekly mentor bonuses, that would be a resounding "no." It just so happened that this was the first week where I was intentionally grinding for greatspheres to upgrade my fafnir statues and the addition of the mentor bonus incentive was coincidental.

Funny enough, standard HBH took far less time to get the 5 bonuses from compared to how long it took to get the 3 bonuses from expert HBH. Not only did there seem to be far more newcomers to standard, the lower difficulty and damage affliction made it so that as long as you have three other players that are reasonably built and know what they're doing, getting a clear is trivial. Running with newbies in expert on the other hand was much less successful due to the tighter heal requirements and the tendency for them to wipe at every opportunity. It got to the point where seeing the mentor bonus text pop up in a lobby was the equivalent to a message saying that we've only got a 5% chance to clear the fight. So many failed runs, oof.

It'll be interesting to see what other rewards are offered in the weeks to come besides Wyrmite...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Standard High Zodiark clear as GEuden. Even with the revives; it took a few tries and I barely survived.

Now to study up on Standard High Jupiter.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Daily Ten-Pull finally gave me Fatalis, and not just one of him, but two! That mean sI have everything on this banner so I can safely save for Part 2. :)

Oh, this month's Dragalia Lost news!

I'm surprised that we're apparently only getting one new MH adventurer on Part 2 (it's obviously Sarisse). Maybe they'll put two more dragons on there to compensate.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
had a LOT of bad multis this banner and the last one. RIP to my Gala Luca dreams. BOATLOAD of wyrmite and tickets down the tube there.

Today though had a really strong pull: Mikoto (dupe 💤) Cupid #7 (on my way to two MUB Cupids, not shabby), Fatalis #2, and Berserker #1. Already pulled Vanessa from a previous day. Sooo... while Berserker is not a great unit, I am happy to have him in my collection. Was a pretty solid day!

Now to build up another hoard for the next gala...

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm surprised that we're apparently only getting one new MH adventurer on Part 2 (it's obviously Sarisse). Maybe they'll put two more dragons on there to compensate.

I want to agree with you about Sarisse but there's always that small outside chance that she's just been a cruel tease all along.

She's obviously one of the most popular characters in the game though, so if they don't ultimately give her an alt after being featured prominently in her MH outfit, there will be backlash in spades.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
had a LOT of bad multis this banner and the last one. RIP to my Gala Luca dreams. BOATLOAD of wyrmite and tickets down the tube there.

Today though had a really strong pull: Mikoto (dupe 💤) Cupid #7 (on my way to two MUB Cupids, not shabby), Fatalis #2, and Berserker #1. Already pulled Vanessa from a previous day. Sooo... while Berserker is not a great unit, I am happy to have him in my collection. Was a pretty solid day!

Now to build up another hoard for the next gala...
Congrats on the four rainbow pull. That's impressive! Nice to see your luck take a positive turn, hope it stays that way for you!

I want to agree with you about Sarisse but there's always that small outside chance that she's just been a cruel tease all along.

She's obviously one of the most popular characters in the game though, so if they don't ultimately give her an alt after being featured prominently in her MH outfit, there will be backlash in spades.
They've said that it is isn't a lance or sword, and have been showcasing her since the beginning. If they opt not to release her, especially since the datamined information from a long while back showed a bow being one of the collaboration weapons and she's clearly using one in the official artwork, I will be most displeased.

Give me my Sarisse, Cygames!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
They've said that it is isn't a lance or sword, and have been showcasing her since the beginning. If they opt not to release her, especially since the datamined information from a long while back showed a bow being one of the collaboration weapons and she's clearly using one in the official artwork, I will be most displeased.

Give me my Sarisse, Cygames!

Oh, I didn't remember that about the datamine. Yeah, that pretty much destroys any doubt I might've had then. lol

I never pulled Gala Sarisse but I love her character so there's no way I'm missing out on her this time, especially an even more limited version of her!

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
I got a suprise from today's free tenfold summon : the preview only showed 2 golden orbs, but a rainbow sword dropped from one of them and it was Hunter Berserker! I'm happy to finally have one of the limited units :)
Daily Ten-Pull finally gave me Fatalis, and not just one of him, but two! That mean sI have everything on this banner so I can safely save for Part 2. :)

Congrats on the pulls! It's always nice to know that you've been able to get all limited units in due time.

wishpers : Hunter Cleo. The Cleo alt to end all Cleo alts

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a suprise from today's free tenfold summon : the preview only showed 2 golden orbs, but a rainbow sword dropped from one of them and it was Hunter Berserker! I'm happy to finally have one of the limited units :)

Congrats on the pulls! It's always nice to know that you've been able to get all limited units in due time.

wishpers : Hunter Cleo. The Cleo alt to end all Cleo alts
Congrats on the Berserker! I love how they made his style the same as a GS in MH, very well-done.

And thanks, this collaboration has been extremely generous for me so far. Of course it probably means I'm in for Hell when they release Sarisse...

And I would be totally okay with more Cleo.