• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I think our final total of wyrmite spent is close to 95k combined without Sarisse. But at least I ended up with 7 copies of Student Maribelle.

Here's hoping water is the new MC70 units because it feels way behind everything else.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I also prefer the Sweater Melody over Valentine's Melody, I don't think the Sweater Melody design itself has much to do with Valentine's or maids, it's more a casual outfit like what Cibella/Hildegarde wear in the Heavenly Holidays Wyrmprint, which is probably why they opted for the official Valentine's design.

Sweater Melody looks like something she could wear for a date. It makes much more sense than just a fancier maid dress. The maid dress feels more like what she should get if they made a non-seasonal 5 stars version of Melody.

As far as the actual adventurer story goes, if we had gotten sweater Melody they could just have cut the initial lines about a new dress due to her old one being dirty and make her pop up with the sweater at the end of the story, when she starts thinking that meeting Euden in town during Valentine's might mean it's a date.

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I had enough Valentine's Gifts today to unlock all of Fleur's Valentine's story. It's such a great light-hearted story.

The Prince is going to need to grind Avenue of Fortune for a while after spending all those rupies for everyone's gifts.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
So I think our final total of wyrmite spent is close to 95k combined without Sarisse. But at least I ended up with 7 copies of Student Maribelle.

Here's hoping water is the new MC70 units because it feels way behind everything else.

Did they not say that the next batch would be more dark units to round off that element?

But do agree, water and light need some help compared to the other 3 elements just now.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, they announced that we'd be getting an update focused on spirals for 3-4 star dark adventurers. So, there's still that before a big update for any other element.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they didn't mention it again in This Month for some reason, but in the post for last month's batch they said we'd get Spirals for the 3*s and (non-Patia) 4*s this month. Which continues to point to dark being what we'll use to fight the new Agito.

Given water's relative lack of strength, I would not be surprised at all to see it get Spirals in the next couple months, though. Light's similar but has suddenly gotten new strong units so it may last a bit longer.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Got lucky today with my item summon

UT6OK51.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Man my 8.6 k Euden is getting shunned from expert Volk's Wrath! I almost took him down once, I was the last one standing and was able to getting him to one last hit. Ever since then though I can't find a party that will accept me. Going to be tough getting the mats to upgrade the 6* sword. Need to find ways of getting Euden to 9k without unbinding the weapon.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you are likely being shunned from it because you are legitimately not strong enough?

Volk's dps checks aren't like high dragons where it's more or less, even if you'd rather avoid some gimmicks/attacks if possible, just a matter of killing before time runs out. You need to not only be able to do enough damage to destroy the bloodmoons (or else instantly wipe), but also keep lowering his health fast enough to skip certain moves that are very dangerous. People expect non-Lowens to have MUB HD2s or 6*s for a reason; this is to say your way to >9k without a MUB 6* is a MUB HD2.

...also, looking at the calculator, I am actually not sure how you're only at 8.6k despite using (I assume) a 0UB 6*, unless you are not augmenting and/or are missing facilities.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you are likely being shunned from it because you are legitimately not strong enough?

Volk's dps checks aren't like high dragons where it's more or less, even if you'd rather avoid some gimmicks/attacks if possible, just a matter of killing before time runs out. You need to not only be able to do enough damage to destroy the bloodmoons (or else instantly wipe), but also keep lowering his health fast enough to skip certain moves that are very dangerous. People expect non-Lowens to have MUB HD2s or 6*s for a reason; this is to say your way to >9k without a MUB 6* is a MUB HD2.

...also, looking at the calculator, I am actually not sure how you're only at 8.6k despite using (I assume) a 0UB 6*, unless you are not augmenting and/or are missing facilities.
I may be missing a facility possibly. May be a weird question but does the expert Volk have only one health bar? Because it felt like we were close both times and my "measly" character outlived everyone.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I may be missing a facility possibly. May be a weird question but does the expert Volk have only one health bar? Because it felt like we were close both times and my "measly" character outlived everyone.

..well, that explains how that happened; not actually a weird question at all, hah.

He absolutely has a second form that takes up the majority of the fight, yes. You kill the first form during the first fog bit or else it means you have dps and/or cooperation issues. Though I find most deaths actually happen during the first form so the outliving bit maybe isn't surprising.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got 7 Leviathans and 6 Heinwalds through the Monster Hunter banners.

Why were they on rate up? Like what purpose did that serve?
It didn't make it any more difficult to obtain Berserker, Vanessa or Fatalis on their banner (since the rates would have remained the same), but yeah there's no reason why they couldn't have done a single banner and just added Sarisse and Dreadking Rathalos in Heinwald/Cupid's place. At least that way if you pulled a featured adventurer, it would have been guaranteed to be a MH-themed one. I'm sure there was debated on how to handle it, but this was likely the most profitable for them so they opted to go this route.

I can't say I really blame them since DL does need the financial boost, but I do feel for the many who had horrible luck on these banners. It wouldn't be so bad if sparking were a thing, hopefully by the second anniversary...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly as annoying as it was to see Heinwald a billion times and not get Vanessa, which also happened to alliance members... that feeling really does boil down to "they should have made it someone I personally don't already have", I guess? It was annoying but I get that, at the end of the day, he was only eating my chance of getting permanent pool non-dupes rather than getting Vanessa.

But S. Maribelle is the one I really question. Levi is best for Sarisse and great in general, and Cupid's still solid and can be used by Vanessa. And though it's admittedly weird to do on that banner, making having Heinwald be more common is probably a good idea now that HJP teams that need him are actually a thing. Meanwhile Student Maribelle isn't exactly meta or needed anywhere currently, even currently outclassed by a 3*, so... why her?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
One last ten pull on the second Hunter banner, one last chance at H!Sarisse..... Dupe Chelsea. I think that was something like 50k wyrmite and three tenfold vouchers without H!Sarisse... but PLENTY of other dupes. Very frustrating. I need a break...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
One last ten pull on the second Hunter banner, one last chance at H!Sarisse..... Dupe Chelsea. I think that was something like 50k wyrmite and three tenfold vouchers without H!Sarisse... but PLENTY of other dupes. Very frustrating. I need a break...
Oh man, and it just HAD to be a bow, huh? That can't have felt good, despite Chelsea being a great character. Sorry it didn't work out for you, especially after all of the resources you spent. :/

Oct 27, 2017
It didn't make it any more difficult to obtain Berserker, Vanessa or Fatalis on their banner (since the rates would have remained the same), but yeah there's no reason why they couldn't have done a single banner and just added Sarisse and Dreadking Rathalos in Heinwald/Cupid's place. At least that way if you pulled a featured adventurer, it would have been guaranteed to be a MH-themed one. I'm sure there was debated on how to handle it, but this was likely the most profitable for them so they opted to go this route.

I can't say I really blame them since DL does need the financial boost, but I do feel for the many who had horrible luck on these banners. It wouldn't be so bad if sparking were a thing, hopefully by the second anniversary...

Profit really feels like what it comes down to, which I get it, they're a business, but the overall way of how this was done felt scummy. In addition to sparking, I feel like collab units should go the Granblue route and just be obtained by doing the event; at the very least they could have had one of the adventurers be apart of the event like Alfonse/Mega Man, would've rather had them over Rathalos, especially with "Rathalos, but better," being added later anyways.

Spent a similar amount too, only to get nothing, it's rough...

Honestly as annoying as it was to see Heinwald a billion times and not get Vanessa, which also happened to alliance members... that feeling really does boil down to "they should have made it someone I personally don't already have", I guess? It was annoying but I get that, at the end of the day, he was only eating my chance of getting permanent pool non-dupes rather than getting Vanessa.

But S. Maribelle is the one I really question. Levi is best for Sarisse and great in general, and Cupid's still solid and can be used by Vanessa. And though it's admittedly weird to do on that banner, making having Heinwald be more common is probably a good idea now that HJP teams that need him are actually a thing. Meanwhile Student Maribelle isn't exactly meta or needed anywhere currently, even currently outclassed by a 3*, so... why her?

Funny thing is I have all the characters I want from this game, so dupes were all I got lol.

And I honestly think you put way more thought into what they did than they themselves, but I commend you for tying it all together, impressive.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Okay that's cursed. I'd recommend an exorcism.

This happened to me with Fjorm, I kept getting spear -> Xainfrieds.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
While I'm pretty new to Dragalia Lost, the end of this event kinda has me wanting a break as well. H!Sarisse was the one I wanted the most and with my last push got Wedding Elisanne (which at least is new, so I can't really complain as much as others). Those event trials overstayed their welcome too, so I'm glad they're gone. I'm definitely done with real money though, except for maintaining daily deals.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I must have blown atleast 15000 Wyrmite not including tickets on this event and all I got was H!Berserker, my final rate-up is 6% and I can't even pull if I wanted :(

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Don't forget to buy any last limited MH Wyrmprints from the shop, there's only two hours left to do it. I'd grab at least two of each just in case you want to unbind them with keys later.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm swimming in eldwater, so I'll probably grab four of each (one MLB'd already). It's a collab, so hard to say whether it'll ever return.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a constantly worrying stockpiler and I even don't see myself using >1 of anything that's not A Suit of Midnight, which is already a stretch; I get that they're limited, but they're not that great, or am I wrong? Like the best of the bunch is Lurker but that's got FS damage, so it is currently worthless on anyone you're not actively playing. They would have to make pretty big AI changes for extras to be actively usable over other prints, so more than maybe just one extra copy to be super safe feels like a huge waste of slots to me.

What would a theoretical Dragalia Lost x Granblue Fantasy crossover be like?

Lily + Albert getting Spiral.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Albert and Lily technically aren't GBF adventurers, they're from Rage of Bahamut (2012} which precedes GBF (2014). I believe a GBF crossover would incorporate the GBF-original characters like Gran, Djeeta, Katalina, or Rackam.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow bow. Oh god finally after getting like 10 off banner adventures and 3 Maribelles, I'm finally getting Sa... HAWK????

ok I'm fucking done

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After all this time finally attempted and cleared master high mercury. Ended up using sunstones on Freyja and also maxed out Noelle. Took a bit to get the mechanics down -- still not able to do it well but it's a fun fight. Now there's master high zodiark, master high jupiter, and then expert volk left.

Not sure how to break into master high zodiark or jupiter though....

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What would a theoretical Dragalia Lost x Granblue Fantasy crossover be like?

When they had a Granblue Collab in Princess Connect, they added Djeeta (the female player avatar in Granblue, who is usually a silent character) as her own character with lines and such.

Story-wise, she was a version of Djeeta from the Princess Connect world itself, rather than crossing dimensions and such. I'd guess they could add her alongside either other main cast members (like Katalina) or some fan favorite crew members. Lyria probably wouldn't be playable though since she isn't meant to fight directly. They also likely would be permanently added to the gacha like the Knights of Glory/Bahamut characters.

Well, either that or they could follow something similar to what Granblue did with its Princess Connect collab where you get some of Princess Connect's main characters, but the player avatar is kept off-screen (yet again, there was no world hopping involved, they were rewritten to be from the Granblue world).

Also, it could be tied to an event or even just a banner (like the Knights of Glory one we got). If it's an event I could see them adding Djeeta or Gran as the free story character with the others being gacha. And when the past event option is added I'm pretty sure it'd be there permanently, like how the Princess Connect and Shadowverse collabs are permanently accessible in Granblue once they added past events as permanent side-stories.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Halloween or Summer characters available in the Dream Summons? Someone on Reddit said the Summer ones were, but I wasnt positive.

If not, Victor is the only character that I would want thats not limited, and I already have a pretty great Wind team.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Are the Halloween or Summer characters available in the Dream Summons? Someone on Reddit said the Summer ones were, but I wasnt positive.

If not, Victor is the only character that I would want thats not limited, and I already have a pretty great Wind team.
Summer units weren't limited and are Dream Summonable.

New Year's, Valentine's, Halloween, DragonYule and the Collaboration units like Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter are limited and are not a part of the Dream Summon.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
As always, I will be waiting till the end to pick to be safe, but since this is what I lack:

I will pretty much just be picking based on what's Agito meta! And that almost certainly means Delphi or Lathna? If Gleo is meta (I expect one will be) I will use her to make them a 6*. Otherwise I have a looooot of Zodiark to do... I only have 1 HD1's worth of tails so far since I've been wary of wasting time on that and instead been working on Sarisse's bow. But on the other hand, once I can make a 6*, it would be kinda silly to make more HDs, hmm.

Guess I can always just wait and finish up the remaining tails for Sarisse first, though, if not also some of the horns involved. Like I've said for Volk, Agito can really be done at your own pace so I won't really be "behind". But it would be fun to be closer to the front lines on trying stuff again, as long as I don't get too burned on investments.

As the others said while I was typing, Summer units are actually not limited and are permanently in the gacha pool (same for Wedding and the other random alts a few individual units have), so they are in Dream Summon. I would probably still recommend Victor over those two, but they are pretty great still so maybe that depends on what your wind team is compared to your water one?

I would expect water Spirals in the next few months too, as we've discussed here recently, so you may or may not want to consider that possibility.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I chose Summer Verica for my dream summon. There's been a few times where I wished I had just a little more healing than I could get out of Heinwald. Although I expect original Cleo to get a mana spiral shortly, she still can't be used with Gleo in solo content, so the choice ended up being pretty easy for me.

Here's hoping Edward's mana spiral doesn't make me regret that choice!

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I thought Corsaint Phoenix was Christmas limited
Yeah, Epimetheus and Corsaint Phoenix are both non-Limited Dragons that released on Limited Banners. Although Epimetheus isn't Dream Summonable since he's brand new.

Corsaint Phoenix was especially odd being non-Limited since:
  • DY!Jeanne released as a Limited DragonYule Dragon the prior year.
  • H!Maritimus released less than a month before her and was a Limited Dragon
  • Daikokuten released about two weeks later after her as a Limited Dragon

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Delphi, time to finally tackle HJP

I decided to unbind as much of Delphi as I could after seeing your post and a few others and lo, it might not have been perfect, but I finally got that lightning chicken bastard.

He's now waiting on a tail to be my first dark 5* to 70 mana nodes.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The way the MH collab ended n its story leads me to believe we'll eventually get a re-run (or, at least, a new one). I mean, they even gave Dreadking Rathalos the ability to

cross between worlds

If that ain't a flag, I don't know what is. Also, just look at these profits. It did the game well.

Also, I really need to decide who to dream summon. I'm leaning towards Jiyang Ziya, just so I have a better water healer, though she's not exactly NEEDED for me right now. It does look like she'll age well though, due to her abilities. The other choice for me is Konohana Sakuya, as I know she's BiS for a lot of characters, but I do already have an MUB Dreadking Rathalos...