• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Just a reminder that there's only a few hours left to redeem your materials in the Monster Hunter event treasure trade if you haven't done so yet, and don't forget that there's also a weapons tab with some cool designs that make for some nice weapon skins.

Z8xZEzc.jpg

This Valentine's event is running way...way too long, and there's still a few days left. :/
Also doesn't help that this is the third time they've ran it in a year. ^_^

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Also doesn't help that this is the third time they've ran it in a year. ^_^
That too. At least they added Fleur's story as well as the other mini Valentine's ones, but aside from that this event could have been done in a week, and that's being generous. This is also the first limited banner in a while that I didn't feel compelled to pull at all, since Addis and the dragon don't seem especially amazing, and while Melody would be nice, I'm already building a wind sword for Wedding Elisanne so...

At least we have the new Agito in a few days.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If it works like HDT, it probably will. :(

At least I'm finished with the Flame Tree, and I'm not exactly in a hurry to grind out the Agito weapon (since Chimera is so good), so I can move onto weekly light Agito clears for now.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I thought the two week duration for this event meant they were potentially going to do some event concurrently alongside Valentine's like a facility/mini-raid re-run, especially since it started in the middle of the MH event. Since it doesn't seem like that's the case, they ought to have moved Agito and 70 MC earlier since it looks like we'll be getting them more or less when Valentine's ends and a different event will start, meaning we have to split our time trying the new content and grinding to invest in the 70 MCs alongside grinding the event. In December they released Volk's Wrath, Volcanic Chimera, and the Mana Spiral at the same time, and I feel like only releasing the Ebon Chimera by itself this time around is a mistake.

Outside of maybe Aurien (haven't actually tried him yet), all of the fire 3-star adventurers are perfectly viable for pubbing eHDT and sVolk when they're at 70 MC with T2 chimera weapons. I use that as the basis to determine if it's worth going through the trouble of 70 MC-ing all of them. I actually WANT to grind for the 3-star dark adventurer 70 MC with all the events going on. However, I'm not sure if the 3-star dark adventurers are gonna be comparable to all the 70 MC 5-star adventurers, so I'd rather not spend the time and resources of getting everyone MUB chimera weapons and 70 MC only to find out none of them are even eHJP-viable, which is certainly possible given the current meta and power level of dark.

The fact that we didn't learn about the January dark Mana Spiral update only being for dark adventurer from later banners instead of the launch adventurers until the update literally went live (with an explanation after the fact explaining that we'd get 3-stars and 4-stars in February) means I've basically been waiting 2 months for this update. I mainly just care about the 3-star and free/welfare unit Mana Spirals.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So umm, I just got the Monster Hunter title screen when starting the app up. ROUND THREE INCOMING!

(Not really.)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oops, I definitely forgot to fully cash out of the MonHun shop. Really gotta be more careful about these event shops where I'm not sure what to get. I did make a point of grabbing all the weapons in advance, though, which is what missing would have really fucked with me so... thankfully I had that much foresight.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Now that you mention it, I recall the same thing happening to me too.

At least this means I can enjoy the MH title music for a little longer (until they patch it out).

Huh interesting, I really wish we could earn to keep the title-screens and music in the game to choose from if we finish certain endeavors, much like with stickers.

Oops, I definitely forgot to fully cash out of the MonHun shop. Really gotta be more careful about these event shops where I'm not sure what to get. I did make a point of grabbing all the weapons in advance, though, which is what missing would have really fucked with me so... thankfully I had that much foresight.

Now that you mention it I did forget to grab the weapons and I still read a post here last night that acted as a reminder. Then I went to brush my teeth and after went to bed and forgot again... ah well.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been playing much lately but is there a reason Lin You is suddenly persona non grata in High Mercury? I know there are other more popular options like Victor and Kristy but I don't have them and it sucks to join a lobby only to have the others start spamming "Sorry!" when it was never a problem before.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im getting real tired of noone wanting to play the healer role in most High Dragon trials, besides HMS. Ive been trying to do High Mercury and High Jupiter, and its rare that I get a group with an actual healer class character. Im considering trying Akasha, but I hear shes only really good for Mercurial Gauntlet.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I haven't been playing much lately but is there a reason Lin You is suddenly persona non grata in High Mercury? I know there are other more popular options like Victor and Kristy but I don't have them and it sucks to join a lobby only to have the others start spamming "Sorry!" when it was never a problem before.
Meta group is all dps Victor + 2x W!Elly + Noelle so people will be looking for that comp.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Well... she's been out of eHMC meta from the start, so I'm not sure what'd make attitudes change to be less favorable, hmm; I'm mostly surprised this hasn't been a problem for you till now? Unless you're talking about Standard and it's rippling down to there now?

She's not bad but she doesn't provide the healing/support that the Wellys give, which is needed to get dps to >70% HP to make their prints activate, but she also doesn't do more damage than Welly to make up for the increased time that healing will take. And Victor not only does the most damage but also provides blade's co-ability; Kirsty is... also kinda a questionable choice, but if played ideally she can reach Victor's level (...even if I feel that's unrealistic). So Lin You is an outright worse choice (at comparable gear + skill in playing), unfortunately. Though I probably wouldn't outright reject one unless they had really bad equipment/stats, but that applies to more than just her.

Im getting real tired of noone wanting to play the healer role in most High Dragon trials, besides HMS. Ive been trying to do High Mercury and High Jupiter, and its rare that I get a group with an actual healer class character. Im considering trying Akasha, but I hear shes only really good for Mercurial Gauntlet.

If you're talking about eHMC, healers just aren't really ever used. There's no point when Welly can heal and Noelle can take the ranged baiting role.

For HJP, I'd say to just give it some time, though I've seen a decent amount of Heinwalds as is. If KY requires a healer as expected, that'll get more people to build a staff and so should increase (to some degree) the number of people running healers in HJP even if it's not the same unit as they use elsewhere. Not to mention how new Chimeratech weapons are, and likely gaining Spiral Cleo, etc.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Pubbed with a S!Verica with affliction guard or para resist and it's so good. Heinwald may be the meta healer but his healing output is only enough for unavoidable dmg.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Meta group is all dps Victor + 2x W!Elly + Noelle so people will be looking for that comp.
Well... she's been out of eHMC meta from the start, so I'm not sure what'd make attitudes change to be less favorable, hmm; I'm mostly surprised this hasn't been a problem for you till now? Unless you're talking about Standard and it's rippling down to there now?

She's not bad but she doesn't provide the healing/support that the Wellys give, which is needed to get dps to >70% HP to make their prints activate, but she also doesn't do more damage than Welly to make up for the increased time that healing will take. And Victor not only does the most damage but also provides blade's co-ability; Kirsty is... also kinda a questionable choice, but if played ideally she can reach Victor's level (...even if I feel that's unrealistic). So Lin You is an outright worse choice (at comparable gear + skill in playing), unfortunately. Though I probably wouldn't outright reject one unless they had really bad equipment/stats, but that applies to more than just her.
Yeah, problem is I don't have Victor or WElly. I know they're more sought after but I simply don't have them available. I have Noelle maxed and I'd be more than happy to switch to her except there's usually already one in the group when I join. And, yes I'm talking about standard HMC.

I guess my problem is I don't understand why a team of WElly, Victor, and Noelle of appropriate might couldn't take literally anybody and get a win on standard.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Yeah, problem is I don't have Victor or WElly. I know they're more sought after but I simply don't have them available. I have Noelle maxed and I'd be more than happy to switch to her except there's usually already one in the group when I join. And, yes I'm talking about standard HMC.

I guess my problem is I don't understand why a team of WElly, Victor, and Noelle of appropriate might couldn't take literally anybody and get a win on standard.
Pubs go for meta because for ease of execution.

If I were you I'd create a room with Noelle first. Once a pub or two stay for a couple runs, and are comfortable with the room's skill level, then maybe swap over.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
The one using Noelle should create the room anyway since she is the baiter.

edit: also healer is not common in HDTs except HMS and HBH since those two have more unavoidable attacks. For the others, you can get enough healing from other ways, like Welly in HMC, Cupid in HZD, and Gleo in HJP. In HJP, brute forcing it is still the meta.

They tried to put higher damage attacks in mHJP to force people bringing healer and it ends up people cheesing it in another way.

Last edited:

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a couple dojos off from being done with the IO grind finally. Feels good to know my teams are basically at max potential from facilities.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The unique animations for the Monster Hunter characters are so good, i wished i could transfer the force-strikes to other characters and they did with megaman with the event weapons. Perhaps future reruns could add those type of weapons. I wonder if they'll ever add more equipment to the game like armor or trinkets.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Burned through all my Wyrmite including Wyrmite gained from the new Chapter and endeavors to pull one copy of Vayu . . . walked away with a 3UB Epimetheus.

I should have Dream Summoned Vayu in the first place and saved all my Wyrmite; but I really was hoping to Dream Summon Lathna.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally cleared eHMC tonight, so that's 2 down. Gonna try get some more tails and pick an HD weapon to complete that elemental trio.

Feels weird to finally be breaking those walls down, but kinda glad :D.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Version Update:

dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.Service for Dragalia Lost ended on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Pacific Time).

It looks like they're going to update MH! Berserker and Sarisse's AI behavior, maybe to encourage them to use their FS more? Here's hoping! Also, Nobunaga buff?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Guess who forgot about maintenance... again. Don't think I'm missing out on anything beyond an hour or so of stamina, but I was about to read more adventurer stories over dinner... I'll finish my goal of reading all the ones that have Valentine's gifts still, it's just that I didn't mean to leave them to these last few days, but of course that happened... whoops.

Would be nice to have the hunters FS more, certainly. Though I'd even accept "not suddenly using a skill instead of shooting the FS they just fully charged"; that was particularly bizarre to see happen. Kinda surprised to see the Ezelith canceling improvement, also. I saw some talk on the Discord about how that works currently in the past few weeks, so I wonder if people sent stuff in about it.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
From the datamine, there's speculation that the new characters getting new mana spirals are

Rodrigo
Jurota
Karina
Althemia
Cleo
Lin You
Hawk

I hope this is true because Karina is the absolute best waifu but man, no Nefaria?? Hopefully this is not a complete list.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
From the datamine, there's speculation that the new characters getting new mana spirals are

Rodrigo
Jurota
Karina
Althemia
Cleo
Lin You
Hawk

I hope this is true because Karina is the absolute best waifu but man, no Nefaria?? Hopefully this is not a complete list.

Oooh...

I could definitely use maaaaaybe... Rodrigo, Jurota, and Lin if they're good? And Karina also could be very good since she's already solid...

well, the Spirals I already did were kind of a waste beyond Xania, but it's tempting...

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
There's a preview video for the event posted on twitter. I think this is the first time we've gotten one like this for a 'normal' event.

You can see more of the main guy and see that he has a blade. Also the dragon is the same plushie that Dragonyule Xander is holding in his art and we have a possible new race added, though who knows if they will actually be playable or just part of the story.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

Rodrigo
Jurota
Karina
Althemia
Cleo
Lin You
Hawk

Huh, interesting list.

Wasn't expecting them to do multi elemental ones but makes sense as you can get orbs for everything. Thought there'd be a few more dark 3* units though. Lin You and Karina getting bumps is nice as they've kinda fallen out of favour, be interesting to see how Hawk is post-spirals too. Will he finally be a possible pick for something :O?!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I tried minimal mode since I play on an older iPhone, and man I do not recommend it. The only thing that it gets rid of that you cant do on your own in the options menu are your attack animations basically. You can still see your character's attack moves, but the actual special attacks dont show up and it makes it really hard to see what your doing.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

Rodrigo
Jurota
Karina
Althemia
Cleo
Lin You
Hawk

Looks like Melody is out of work again for me

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
You can see more of the main guy and see that he has a blade. Also the dragon is the same plushie that Dragonyule Xander is holding in his art and we have a possible new race added, though who knows if they will actually be playable or just part of the story.
When you say possible new race, are you talking about Pipple? Fairly sure he/she must be a dragon like Nimis presumably is, but it will be interesting if every character featured will be summonable. That would be a pretty big banner... Maybe some of them aren't 5*?

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
yay facility event! these always feel the most rewarding to grind out. Facilities stay useful throughout the entirety of the game.

I must stay strong and save resources for gala though.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
When you say possible new race, are you talking about Pipple? Fairly sure he/she must be a dragon like Nimis presumably is, but it will be interesting if every character featured will be summonable. That would be a pretty big banner... Maybe some of them aren't 5*?

I don't think Pipple and pals have horns - at least those seem like ears? - or a tail, which as we all know are the specific 2 things you need to be a dragon. Could be a kind of fairy, maybe? Or something entirely new.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017

They found Pipple's art and he looks like an adventurer to me thanks to the background:

Also there's a new status ailment added to fight descriptions called 'Frostbite'. This will likely be the Water DoT to go along with Burn/Poison/Paralyze. The new banner characters (at least whichever ones are Water) should inflict/benefit from it. It also points to Water Mana Spirals coming up next (and Fire Agito to use them against) to retrofit the older characters into Frostbite Punisher comps.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's so nice to see a water blade (FINALLY!), unless they pull a fast one and make it a sword somehow, but the fact that it's not a limited banner means I likely won't dedicate any resources to it. It must be saved for things that are truly limited, since I can always Dream Summon anything non-limited that I need later.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the one thing I'll say is that if it's just in adventurer art, we know that can't be trusted. But given the facility it'd be real weird to not have a blade on the banner.

so he'll be wand and actually Pipple has the blade, clearly

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
After they took the coward's route of not having playable Felynes with the MH banners, NOW they bring in a tiny character.

Still, changes sound good if true. Water getting a new status is pretty nice. Wonder if wind will get its own thing given that stun and poison are shared with other elements.