• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
12b68c5525.png

Humans and dragons...pactbound once more.

giphy.gif

0935def300.png

Alberia... A kingdom where dragons rule over nature. The Alberican royal family possesses the power of shapeshifting. By forming a pact with a dragon, they can borrow its form and wield its immense strength.

On day, the kingdom is met with a strange most troubling occurrence. The power of the Sacred Shard that protects the city begins to weaken. In order to protect his person, the seventh prince of Alberia, not yet pactbound with a dragon, sets out on what's known as the Dragon's Choosing.

While he seeks a dragon to form a pact with, he'll meet new companions -- including a mysterious girl from another time -- and face a sudden and inexplicable change in his own father, the king.

Such are the chronicles of the bonds and battles that await the Dragonblood Prince.

33baf0b582.png

43b31ce8fa.png

By creating a party of four, you embark on quests to slay monsters and clear quests. The game is a top down, action RPG that focuses on dodging enemy attacks while attacking at key moments. Dragalia Lost uses the simple controls of tapping to attack, dragging to move, and swiping to dodge. There are five elements, and eight different weapon types, so building a team that works well together is part of the strategy.

SVphUfr.png

Characters can form bonds with dragons, and by attacking and gathering crystals in combat, can transform into dragons themselves to deal massive damage and turn the tide of battle. You can also swap between characters on a short cooldown, whether that be to swap to a healer to land a critical healing spell or a support character to debuff enemies within the range.

While the game employs the standard EXP leveling system, there are a couple of other ways to improve your characters. The first is the standard weapon system, where you can either craft or upgrade them using materials you gather through out your journey. Some weapons are also droppable from battle. Be sure to check the drop list to check which battle drop which weapons. Another way to strengthen your party is through the Mana Circle system, where you spend mana and elemental materials to upgrade stats of your characters permanently or unlock useful skills. For characters below 5* rarity, you can also increase their ranks for some stat boosts.

On top of equipping your characters in a party with weapons, you can also equip them with wyrmprints. Each character can use two different wyrmprints which comes with various effects or boosts. Wyrmprints can be obtained either via battes, event rewards or shop trades. It can also be leveled for extra stats.

Finally, there is The Halidom, your base of operations. Within it, you can place facilities which you can unlock either via main story progress or events. Those buildings can give various benefits, not limited to gold and stat boosts to your character. Be sure to order those trusty smithwyrms to upgrade facilities within your halidom so that you can obtain better & larger benefits compared to unupgraded ones. Within the halidom, you can access dragon roost, where you can give several gifts to dragons that you acquired, increasing their affections. They might reward you something in return too.

Pxh8DSz.png

A major focus of the game is multiplayer. By teaming up with other players, you can tackle higher difficulty quests where it might be quite hard for you to do it alone. The downside is that it only allows you to use a character while teaming up with others.

There are also raids which usually happen either during some events or weekends, where you can team up with other players and using your full party. In total there'll be 16 characters fighting together against a single large boss.

89d7673ea6.png

The gacha system in this game is a double gacha type. You pull from a single well, but it can contain characters or dragons. Characters are the characters you play as in the game proper. They are your direct control units, and are members of a specific class, have elemental properties, and use specific types of weapons. Dragons are the dragons you can transform into using the Shapeshifting ability.

Finally, the game employs two premium currencies: Wyrmite and Diamantium. Wyrmite is earned from login bonuses, quest completions, event rewards, and so on. Diamantium is purchased only. While the two generally are the same, some gacha option like discounted daily single pull can only be done using diamantum.

a78b802f92.png

Quote for ID List

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
1f85bd90a1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
sorry for the lackluster ot2 lol. totally my fault for forgetting about it.
many thanks to Einbroch for the 1st ot. if there's anything i missed, made a mistake, or should be in it, feel free to tell me. (won't be around to fix it until next week btw)

anyway, anniv digest is in less than 12 hours. get hyped for potential dragalia version of guild wars announcement /slap

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo just added a subscription system for Mario Kart mobile

maybe we get the same

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
tbh, buying monthly stamina/wings restore, 2x daily chest etc. is kinda like vip subscription system already, except for it being separate package atm.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
New OT right before Anniversary and Dragalia Digest. Can't wait to see what Dragalia Lost Year 2 brings.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yay new thread
Happy nearly anniversary everyone!

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
10203.png

Hooray for OT2! Subscribed and ready for anniversary news. My squishum stock is, sadly, not ready. D:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How many times do we have to clear the avenues/ruins for the catch up campaign endeavor?

Also I have 0 squishums. Haven't tried to farm them or anything. This is just from playing regularly while clearing all endeavors.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, not sure if I ever posted about this or not (I just remember talking to my alliance about it), but recently I reinstalled the game to hopefully reduce file size. It accidentally had me on English voices to start so I changed to Japanese. After I swapped and did the download, it changed the voices but didn't change the sticker audio till I restarted. So I went to the sticker menu and listened to all of them in English for the first time.

(don't ask me why I forgot to turn off the music)

And... huh, many of the English stickers felt waaaaaay less expressive? It was really weird to realize that's what a lot of people have been hearing. I'm sure some of this is due to being so used to the Japanese after a full year of it, but it really feels like a lot of them are very bluntly delivered compared to the Japanese being more drawn out (though admittedly this is sometimes just the word length!) and emotive.

also is English Cleo supposed to sound sophisticated or something? that's been hilarious to me, cause the reason I actually like Cleo is that she's such a gremlin in Japanese

...actually wait, I was about to post but I should include Japanese to compare, shouldn't I? so...

EDIT: ...and this time I forgot to see if I could turn off the button tapping sound, whoops

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I cannot overstate my love of the Japanese version of the "Lovely" sticker from the FEH event.
YOKATOWA

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Japanese stickers are amaaaazing. The best unintended bonus of switching dubs imo.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
The thing I want most is some way of getting facilities that I and any players starting after me have missed, without just re-running events now and then.
More endgame content might be good for day 1 players, and they have to add something to keep people interested, but there's an inherent might cap that everyone else can't break through without them, and it's only going to get worse over time.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I want most is some way of getting facilities that I and any players starting after me have missed, without just re-running events now and then.
More endgame content might be good for day 1 players, and they have to add something to keep people interested, but there's an inherent might cap that everyone else can't break through without them, and it's only going to get worse over time.

There's no telling when or if Cygames might add it to Dragalia Lost, but GranBlue Fantasy has something called 'Side Stories' which are just past events modified to be more solo friendly and made available permanently. There might need to be more of an event backlog before something like that is added to the game, though.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
There's no telling when or if Cygames might add it to Dragalia Lost, but GranBlue Fantasy has something called 'Side Stories' which are just past events modified to be more solo friendly and made available permanently. There might need to be more of an event backlog before something like that is added to the game, though.
That's fair, and sounds like a good way to handle it. I'm personally nowhere near any actual cap yet, but it's definitely something I think is important for the long term health of the game.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
After all these Void Endeavors; I'd be really happy if they announced Void Weapons as a Co-Op Room Condition during the Dragalia Digest.

I just can't take watching another Lily run to Agni like a moth to a flame and burn to a crisp; especially when there's now a Scorching Air Void Wand available.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
DOYAH.

A new OT just in time for the anniversary. It's as though it was meticulously planned.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to be dub only, as I am in most games, but a few characters I use heavily (Yue, Mym and Lucretia) just don't have very fitting English voices imo. It ended up bothering me so much that I had to switch.