• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
Honestly surprised that we're getting a Mega Man collaboration of all things. Would have loved to see something with Monster Hunter instead since it's Capcom. The real news is that double IO is finally back. Looking forward to blowing my honey stockpile on that and AtF.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
For those familiar with Cygames, the updates aren't going to nullify our progress now, right? For example, It's unclear if they mean there will be new adventurers with 6th mana circle, or existing adventurers will get updated with a 6th mana circle. The new weapons and currencies/tokens/tiers also making me a bit nervous.

Everything else is great though. Got a little bit teary-eyed at the Gala section.
The 6th mana circle will more than likely be for old adventurers falling behind the curve power wise. It was similar for GBF.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit underwhelmed. There really wasn't a lot there for lapsed players. The facility catch up event looks amazing...but it's literally for new accounts only. The double drops are nice, but it's for like three days. They should just make it so the lower tier drops are permanently doubled or tripled. They mention that we'll be able to run old events, but stamina will gate that pretty hard.

Also no spark system which I thought was a guarantee for the anniversary.

Really felt like more of the same. Which is great for those who love the game! Not gonna knock it, because they showed a lot of content. But for someone who didn't enjoy the progression of the game, it really wasn't very exciting.

Really glad for those that enjoy it, though, because the rewards and upcoming content look really great.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised we didn't get a Dream Summon. There's the Platinum Summon, but at the end of the day it's RNG as to who you'll get.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
isfhrlwznfjeb I wanted a dreaaaaam summoooon

now ill have to pray to rngesus for summer cellery

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have 3/5 Gala so the Platinum is a no-go, just like it was after I got Marth at the start of FE. I'd be fine with a 50% chance of Sarisse, but not a dupe.

...I guess I have to spend some of my stash on Gala Euden, but how much, idk.

ANYWAY: there's a lot of good little things in the update post! Home page showing daily endeavors left (I check a lot cause I get paranoid I forgot), skipping intros for raids, augment cap increase, and the most important thing:

Maritimus will now be voiced

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
glad they managed to reduce voice files size a bit. hopefully game size can be reduced more later in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Debating how much to spend on the upcoming Gala. I was really hoping for a spark system, but it it's not here then we probably won't get one until at least the 1.5 anniversary. I think I have about 400 summons worth saved up, so I guess I could spend a decent amount here and still have a good stash saved up for Halloween (assuming my free draws don't get me everyone I want, which would be awesome).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I only have 1/5 gala characters, and I know if I pull on it I'll get another Mym.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The Stamina Boost from the Halidom will help burn through Skip Tickets; just used 10x Skip Tickets on Avenue of Fortune with Honey Tea.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a relatively new player but all this free shit sounds insane to me
it IS insane, altho in the half anniversary they lowered the price of summoning and some upgrades, so they gave back a fuckton of items and eldwater to compensate the existing players. I think I got like 40k eldwater in refunds? something like that

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As far as real money goes, I'll try my luck with some scam gacha and get the double pack, and use the diamantium for the platinum summon.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I may get the 5* dragon pack, depending on the price and what the pool actually is. I feel like there aren't that many 5* dragons that I would feel burned by at this point, just some that would be more valuable than others, hmm.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I may get the 5* dragon pack, depending on the price and what the pool actually is. I feel like there aren't that many 5* dragons that I would feel burned by at this point, just some that would be more valuable than others, hmm.
Congrats on the Poseidon.

(I hope this isn't you.)

But man, this anniversary has me feeling mixed. There's lot of great stuff (although a new gameplay mode would have been nice, to combat the fatigue at times), but it's lacking the one thing I wanted most from it: sparking. Thankful overall, but I still have a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The only two things I wanted that I didn't get was a dream summon, and more freaking storage space. i"m constantly cleaning out my weapons and wyrmprint storage

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
But man, this anniversary has me feeling mixed. There's lot of great stuff (although a new gameplay mode would have been nice, to combat the fatigue at times), but it's lacking the one thing I wanted most from it: sparking. Thankful overall, but I still have a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

Feel the exact same way.
- Sparking
- Any sort of new mode
- Alliance system expansion

Tons of QoL improvements and other great things but the daily routine has been getting stale for a little while now. Something new to throw in the mix was really needed for me.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they redesign the Weapon/Craft interface because adding all these new weapons is going to make the current layout so much more bloated.

But otherwise, what a ton of nice free stuff! Also will be hoping for Gala Euden.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PvP in a logical no-direct way is something I've been waiting on for ages. And the new Trials+weapons will actually spice up HDTs for me since they've been very on repeat for a while now. I have no hope of ever actually ranking particularly high but I'll let others fight it out.

Otherwise great Digest and I like to see that we're gonna be moving faster with the story.

Feel the exact same way.
- Sparking
- Any sort of new mode
- Alliance system expansion

Tons of QoL improvements and other great things but the daily routine has been getting stale for a little while now. Something new to throw in the mix was really needed for me.

The cross-over which we'll here more about in October is either going to revive Defense or bring about a new mode. Same as FEH, would be my expectation. Probably didn't put in the Digest since its coming right up soon for new info.

I think Sparking is the only thing I had wondered about that didn't happen.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For folks disappointed about the lack of sparking, something to keep in mind is that summoning changes like that usually aren't featured in the Digest. During the six-month anniversary Dragalia Digest on March 25th, we were teased with the FEH collab, but we didn't get the Wyrmprint removal announcement until April 12th, which was set to go live when the FEH collab started on April 25th. If sparking was hypothetically on the table and mimicked how the Wyrmprint removal was handled, it'd be announced mid-October and then go live during the MegaMan collab. It's still very possible we're just not getting sparking, and the smartest thing to do is to just assume we aren't getting it to save yourself some potential disappointment, but there's a sliver of hope for some folks.

Some changes with the new version update that weren't mentioned/didn't go into details about in the Digest but detailed in the News post:
-Main title screen now updates depending on where you are in the story (though it's gonna be the anniversary screen for a while)
-They're removing silver crystals, ripe dragonfruit, silver whetstone, and blessed Water from the Item summoning, while adding weapon tablets and hustle hammers
-Hustle Hammers can also be acquired from endeavors
-More new co-abilities are gonna be added over time
-Halidom stamina is produced every 30 minutes, and reaches max capacity at 3 days.
-A "Go" icon will be added to endeavors so you're pointed to the exact screen you need to be on to fulfill it.
-The lobby host can now disable raid intros if they want to save time (only for raids, not other boss intros)
-The maximum augment limit for Adventurers and Wyrmprints will be increased from +50 to +100
-The Skip Ticket cap will be increased from 99 to 200

Obviously though, the biggest change is that Maritimus will now be voiced on October 18th. Clearly we're getting a Maritimus Halloween alt.
Also, since this is a new thread, I'm gonna let myself re-post Fan Art I posted there in case folks didn't see some from the last thread.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
There must be a lot of Android peeps in here, because I'm a little surprised I'm the first one to mention that there's still no update in the iOS App Store. If this continues for a few more hours, we might get even more compensation Wyrmite on top of what's already been announced. lol

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Wow, people must be on their A game tonight since Agni is about to go away for the endeavors. Managed to get the 14 clears I needed with minimal headache (after I complained about it online, of course. Complaining always works)

also man I'm beyond psyched for the anniversary. So much stuff raining down on us. I have been saving my wyrmite and tickets for a bit (18k and 68 singles) but with the free tenfolds I might not even need to dip in! I'll do my best to resist until we get near the end of the event and only if I somehow didn't get anything worthwhile for free.

and WOW! Mega Man! Completely unexpected. I love Mega Man so much so I'm thrilled. I'm picturing maybe Mega Man 5* rod? Roll 5* staff? possible Zero as a blade? RUSH DRAGON????

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Not sure if this was brought up yet, but we're also getting a tenfold voucher for the version update when it gets pushed out tomorrow on top of everything else.

Also, Gala Euden literally summons Cleo, Eli, Ranzal, and Luca for his S2, so it's Ranzal's shield, Eli's strength buff, Cleo's defense buff, and Luca's paralysis infliction.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They are really going all out for the anniversary damn!
Excited for pretty much all of this.

Not a massive fan of megaman so that announcement was kinda hype deflating but I knew nothing about Fire Emblem before that collab and I love Fjorm and Veronica so I guess we will see.

Oh man, the new start up screen changes as you progress through the story, this is the most up to date one:
OLfbdLn.jpg
I love it

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like we'll be getting two Dragalia Festivals, one with just Euden rated up and another after with Sarisse, Ranzal, Mym and Cleo being on rate-up. All five will be available on both banners, but if they're not featured then it's at normal adventurer rates.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think I will do the platinum showcase first, I dont have Gala Sarisse, Cleo or Euden so 3 out of 5 is pretty good odds, then decide if I want to pull any of the showcases