• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
An updated Wyrmprint guide was posted on Reddit.

/r/DragaliaLost | Optimal Wyrmprint Guide (updated with anniversary prints, found on 4chan)
2yn68xpaghq31.jpg

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Got Patia in 10 pull after singles rated up. Got a little too tempted (I really need to remind myself that we're not only no longer in Gala but still have some free 10s coming...) and did 2 more 10s after the free one.

Free: Patia
Wyrmite 1: Patia didn't wanna leave yet
Wyrmite 2: Chtonious! aaaaaand a wand that tricked me, as it was a Lily dupe

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got nothing from the free 10.
Chthonius and Patia from first Wyrmite 10.
Liger on my 10th single.
Cassandra from 3rd or 4th Wyrmite 10.
Delphi from 6th Wyrmite 10.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cassandra's story was really good. Up there with Victor and Noelle's as one of my favorites for sure.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Free 10 was dead, got Chthonius from the first wyrm pull I did. Not gonna waste any more right now.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Holy moly, looks like United by One Vision IS part of the new meta for best WP setups. Sure am glad I didn't MUB it already. I posted about it the other day, but nobody responded. Looks like I should use some keys and keep 1 or 2 in reserve for MUB later on!

...someone in my alliance (who's a much more high level player than I am) was wondering about doing this, but I went and unbound it without thinking while spending forever clearing out my inbox yesterday before things expired.

Probably not the biggest deal though, since it seems like it's not that much better than other prints such that you'd need 2 copies all the time. At most for me, Gleo using it would mean someone else might not get it if I'm bringing her off-element, hmm. I guess if you have both Summer Celliera and Summer Juli on a team, you might have to pick though.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Got Chthonius and Patia on mu free pull.

Looking at Chthonius Cygames seems to have, at least partially, addressed the complain about 5* dragons not being exciting to pull due to being inferiors to MUB 4*.
Skill damage dragons at 0UB were already better than 4* on skill heavy characters and now Chthonius is already at 45% (+10% after shapeshift) at 0UB.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Holy moly, looks like United by One Vision IS part of the new meta for best WP setups. Sure am glad I didn't MUB it already. I posted about it the other day, but nobody responded. Looks like I should use some keys and keep 1 or 2 in reserve for MUB later on!

Yup, pretty disappointed that I went ahead and MUB it already. Could've just used my key reserve on them. Ugh.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The catch with United by One Vision is that for hard content where it isn't guaranteed your allies/AI survives, it becomes worse than JotS as soon as someone dies. It's similar to Seaside Princess/Evening of Luxury vs Crystallian Envoy/Bonds Between Worlds, but with a relatively lighter restriction. It's going to be better than JotS for MG and easier content, but I'd be wary of using it in pubs for difficult content where you're not certain the entire team is going to live. I've had situations where I'm the last one standing, and having my Wyrmprints be worse for that would have been the difference between clearing and failing, especially in situations where it's down to the last second.

On top of that, keep in mind that it's better for general setups and certain characters, but if you ALREADY have JotS, it's debatable to dedicate Keys to making several MUB copies of United by One Vision over making prints for other characters. The Keys you're spending to MUB the other copies could be used for other prints that would benefit other adventurers you may be lacking like Kung Fu Masters for Axes, Twinfold Bond for Daggers, Valiant Crown for Strength Doublebuff adventurers, etc. You're gaining 2% Strength over JotS in the optimal scenario, so at best I'd say having 2 copies might be good if you're willing to dedicate 5 keys (equivalent to 42.5K Eldwater) on it over other good prints. Making 3 MUB copies seems over-kill to me at 9 keys (76.5K Eldwater), especially if you're not whaling for more keys since it's entirely possible another print dethrones United by One Vision by the time you finishing MUB-ing all 3.

I did my 3 weekly HMS pub clears on my F2P NOTTE account, this time using Mini Mids for all 3 clears. Literally anyone who has Mini Mids can clear HMS just using Euden. Mini Mids is arguably a safer pick than my 30% strength raid dragons because although I lose about 40-ish Strength, the massive HP boost means I can generally take one more hit, which can be pretty crucial since I'm usually the baiter.
5pp32mg.jpg
OOvUmhc.jpg
nFE0JfF.jpg
OV27nEV.jpg
WuHInEh.jpg
NBMN20D.jpg
There were a couple of dice-y attempts, which I believe might be because we're getting a good amount of new and lapsed players who aren't as skilled with the fight compared to last week. In my first clear the fourth died early on to the 8-way so we basically 3-manned it. Maybe the only thing stopping some folks was the grind for the 5.3 core weapon, so they decided to jump in when they got it from this raid's EX. I do hope the free 5.3 core weapon becomes a feature of all future raids, since it eliminates one of the biggest hurdle of getting into the High Dragon Trials, which is grinding either a 5.3 core weapon or Void for the first time in order to participate in at least one High Dragon Trial to see if they'll even like the content.
Thanks, I really enjoy these write-ups! Can't believe you're at 175k Wyrmite already when it seems like just last week you were at 150k. Really goes to show just how generous Cygames have been lately. At this rate, you should hit the big 200k by the end of the year.

A few thoughts (I'd give more but I'm tired, lol):
• The game looks so good on an iPad, especially the view of the Halidom.
• That item stash is beyond insane and would cause any player to foam at the mouth with jealousy.
• The fact I'm only one MC level above yours really gives me no excuse to not try harder with what I have. It's inspiring, for sure.

Btw, which of your two accounts (main/NOTTE) do you enjoy playing the most overall? One has access to much more resources while the other offers more challenge, so I'm curious...

Hrm, I'd say from a purely gameplay perspective I prefer my F2P NOTTE account. Like I said in my update, completing DL content relies on gear, knowledge, and skill, but having access to basically everything drastically lowers the amount of skill and knowledge I need to do content. It's basically less engaging most of the time because very little of DL's content is balanced around 5* MUB dragons outside of MG. 4* MUB dragons are enough for basically everything else, and it's why folks can do things like solo High Jupiter and Omega Chronos Nyx just using Natalie by herself. The game's progression is a lot more natural on my NOTTE account when it comes to doing content overall.

On top of that, the stuff I learn and do on my NOTTE account is generally more useful and applicable for newer/casual folks. A lot of min-maxing for DL is usually high end stuff with optimal dragons/adventurers, but it's useful for people to know what the bare minimum can also produce. It basically serves as an assurance that there's still a lot of content players can do even without having all 5*'s or even 4*'s. As a gacha game, a lot of folks are quick to assume stuff can be unreachable if they don't pull well and hit a wall, but as an action game there's a ton that a player can do to clear content through knowledge, skill, and just the in-game acquirable gear (weapons, Wyrmprints, facilities, augments, and story/welfare/gift adventurers/dragons), which I try to demonstrate through playing on my NOTTE account.

I would even say my MG level isn't at the highest it could potentially be since I'm not optimal with my skill level, facilities, or other gear yet. I can do Sword C2+FS consistently but not C3+FS yet, which would improve my DPS for Euden and Alfonse. I haven't mastered Failed Force Striking which would improve my DPS when using Elisanne and Botan. Having my dojo's at 31/31 and all my altars to 35/35 would help a fair amount, which is something even newer players could potentially get faster than me since I'm 2 smithwyrm-locked. I need to get Eli a Void Poseidon Lance, which is actually better for her in MG because the skill prep lets her get an extra Strength buff in, and there's still Wyrmprints I can get to improve my teams. While I've reached the limit on certain stuff at the moment like non-Eldwater Mana Circle, weapons, and Dragon/adventurer levels, there's still a lot of things I can work on.

That being said, I do enjoy my main for the variety and reading through all the stories. And I enjoy playing the game in general, which is why I can basically do twice the amount of daily grind most folks do.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I have never bothered with having more than one copy of a MUB 5* wyrmprint because I think that spending a bunch of eldwater or gold keys (which are really just eldwater) to make your third or fourth best character on a team 2% better than they were before to be a total waste of time.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started messing around with Beautician Zardin and oh my god he has the most pleasant sound effects on his skills lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Max Mana Circle'd GCleo last night and got G-Prince up to max tier (but not all nodes open yet). My eldwater reserves are hurting but it feels good to finally be making progress.

Yup, pretty disappointed that I went ahead and MUB it already. Could've just used my key reserve on them. Ugh.

Can you get more of them? Are they going to add them to the eldwater shop eventually?

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks alot for the heads up and description. Sadly i read the message too late yesterday and didnt really have time to re-roll for Cleo. For some reason i thought the Gala Banner would be online for a longer period - bummer.

Anyway i still have the Gala Prince account i started Sunday/Monday. Ive used pretty much every available resources on pulls - so with the daily free pulls i did probably like 15 multis or so....no GCleo.

Being out of resources is a bummer, but from what ive seen it seems like the upcoming Mega Man is gonna a free unit ?

PS. People seem to be down on Gala Ranzal - is he worse than Lin You ?
Same for Summer Celiera vs. Xainfried ? Just trying to figure out what units to invest in first. Sarisse and Gala Prince seem like a given - any of the 4* units worthwhile ?

W!Elisanne has a lot more team support options that she can use, but G!Ranzal is in no means bad in his own right. Can fit onto any wind team easily enough thanks to his dual immunities, interesting play style that goes hard on swords as force strikers, and is great on short fights or wave clearing. I usually have him as my lead on wind teams.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the help of Delphi and Gleo, I was able to complete up through my remaining MG 40s (flame, light, shadow). What an absurd combo.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda shitty how meta-changing Gleo is. :/

Definitely. Immediately prior to pulling her, my full water team couldn't even get close to clearing Flame 29. I really hope they continue adding strong low star elemental buffers like Emma/Noelle so there's at least something more attainable for people.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying Nyx today during downtime from work. Got this close...

If only Curran hadn't died right at the end, if only I hadn't wasted an FS buff or two, etc. On the other hand, I had depended on some amazing luck- break canceled some tornadoes, I had to frantically switch characters once and lucked into a skill being available to dodge with, and so on. But I was close.

So, with that frustration making me kinda irresponsible, the next chance I got, it was time for some upgrades. I promoted Botan, made her and Curran 5.3.0s (previously off-element 5.3.0 and 4.3.4 respectively), even gave Hilde the 5.3.0 void staff (the original one, from Zephyr) instead of 3.3.4 because of the better stats, tried a few more times...

are you fucking kidding me

granted: this time Botan died with a pretty decent amount of time left, so it's well within reach if she lived, and it didn't take much time at all after the upgrades to get this run... but it's painful and the fight sucks, I hate those tornadoes so much, especially since they have to kick you while you're down by throwing a potential curse into the mix, this raid is gonna be even worse...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
A person on Reddit cleared Omega Chronos Nyx using Audric, Curran, S! Verica, and Victor. Includes their strategy and exact setup in terms of gear/facilities, etc.
If any sabnockers are online and could help me get the 300 wyrmite Ive got a avenue to fortune room open right now.

Edit: Thank you Numberfox!

No prob~

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
Sweet victory has finally come to me after hours of attempts! I think more than anything wrangling the AI became the most difficult part of this battle. Hope the development team continues to work to improve them, they've come a long way from launch but could definitely still use some fine tuning. Now it's back to the endless AtF and IO farming!

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
United print is worse than Jewels as soon as one person dies. So it's not a huge deal if you've already MUB it.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Ah okay thank you!

It's my bad for not getting into ERA/reddit for DL earlier. I've been unbinding dupe 5* and never thinking about keeping dupes for multis. Same for gacha dragons..

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
got a rare boost finally (25% skill damage) and could pass the DPS check in Omega Nyx

then the murders began

wtf are those twin black holes ALONG WITH THE BLACK TORNADOES THAT CARRY YOU BACK AND FORTH

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in pactbound wanna do an Alliance/IO run for the bonus 300 wyrmite event? I have a room open if anyone is interested.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Nyx Omega. Ran as V.Ezelith (50MC/5.3.0/Forest Bonds/Honest Repose) with Phoenix along with Natalie (49MC/5.3.0/HoH/EE), Curran (45MC/5.3.0/KFM/ FiiF) and Gleo (50MC/5.3.0/RR/JotS). All with MUB Juggernauts.

My biggest issue with Omega Nyx was being bogged after Time Skip. That would typically lead me to getting hit with lightning/paralysis and then prevent me from using an emergency heal and watching half/all my team getting wiped. I needed to turn down the graphic settings to see the incoming bog attack more clearly.

I was trying all types of setups: even tried a Ryozen/Odd Sparrows team. I just couldn't find an Adventurer that could keep having skills available for iFrame like V.Ezelith.

I'm worried what the Omega Raids will be like tomorrow.

Last edited:

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
got a rare boost finally (25% skill damage) and could pass the DPS check in Omega Nyx

then the murders began

wtf are those twin black holes ALONG WITH THE BLACK TORNADOES THAT CARRY YOU BACK AND FORTH

Welcome to phase 2! It's not the tornadoes that kill you, it's the one hit kill lightning and curse inflicting black holes that the tornadoes helpfully carry you into that do the deed. You can iframe out of the tornadoes by popping a skill or going into dragon form.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
fucking

finally

it took like another hour after Gleo's weapon became MUB (which... is probably not the worst idea, as this was suggested by an alliance member who's cleared all of Gauntlet thanks to her and is currently running Nyx for fun) to get it and my thumb is sore

I kinda wish I'd recorded it like I'd been meaning to, as someone who kinda likes to do that for significant clears like this, but it'd be a pain to delete a billion failures and I'm just so glad to be free

I tried to play a little more cautiously and it more or less worked out, then got lucky with the timing on some switches to shift to Cupid (such that the AI did not waste my skills), followed by some incredible luck with ending up at the top right as a result of tornado nonsense dropping the AI there; I baaaarely dodged some stuff naturally as a result, and then had the skills to properly dodge the rest

then I was frantically trying to save Gleo (I'd switched to Hilde for a bit) and was aiming to shift as her, ended up shifting Curran, and I'm so happy I didn't freeze up and instead just hit the skill because he managed to kill Nyx, and so I had deathless

can't wait to feel this pain again tomorrow, but now I get to blame others too

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Man Omega Chronos sounds rough without overdrive punisher, hopefully I can get it lol

When I did regular Omega Chronos, I think I just had both of the crit ones. Which absolutely helped, but I also think I could have played decently better and there were easy upgrades to make on my gear.

I also had the bane and (worthless) broken punisher ones for Nyx, though. OD is obviously incredibly good and I wish I'd gotten it, but by the end I just wanted skill haste the most. There's absolutely moments where I could have gotten extra Gleo S1s in if I didn't have to save the skill for a while, and that'd add up real fast, since I could hit for like 60-80k at times.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Sweet Ilia. Omega was intense.

VCR0hCy.jpg
Jt4AfDT.jpg

Phoenix with her regen heal was the difference-maker, since it only took a few tries to clear once I switched over to her instead of my many attempts controlling MUB Shinobi. The key was to stay near the right hand for the entire fight and to top off the AI's HP before every purple attack as much as possible (except for the weakened hand slam after the right hand was demolished). So glad that ordeal's over...

...Now on to Nyx. 🥺

The catch with United by One Vision is that for hard content where it isn't guaranteed your allies/AI survives, it becomes worse than JotS as soon as someone dies. It's similar to Seaside Princess/Evening of Luxury vs Crystallian Envoy/Bonds Between Worlds, but with a relatively lighter restriction. It's going to be better than JotS for MG and easier content, but I'd be wary of using it in pubs for difficult content where you're not certain the entire team is going to live. I've had situations where I'm the last one standing, and having my Wyrmprints be worse for that would have been the difference between clearing and failing, especially in situations where it's down to the last second.

On top of that, keep in mind that it's better for general setups and certain characters, but if you ALREADY have JotS, it's debatable to dedicate Keys to making several MUB copies of United by One Vision over making prints for other characters. The Keys you're spending to MUB the other copies could be used for other prints that would benefit other adventurers you may be lacking like Kung Fu Masters for Axes, Twinfold Bond for Daggers, Valiant Crown for Strength Doublebuff adventurers, etc. You're gaining 2% Strength over JotS in the optimal scenario, so at best I'd say having 2 copies might be good if you're willing to dedicate 5 keys (equivalent to 42.5K Eldwater) on it over other good prints. Making 3 MUB copies seems over-kill to me at 9 keys (76.5K Eldwater), especially if you're not whaling for more keys since it's entirely possible another print dethrones United by One Vision by the time you finishing MUB-ing all 3.

I did my 3 weekly HMS pub clears on my F2P NOTTE account, this time using Mini Mids for all 3 clears. Literally anyone who has Mini Mids can clear HMS just using Euden. Mini Mids is arguably a safer pick than my 30% strength raid dragons because although I lose about 40-ish Strength, the massive HP boost means I can generally take one more hit, which can be pretty crucial since I'm usually the baiter.
5pp32mg.jpg
OOvUmhc.jpg
nFE0JfF.jpg
OV27nEV.jpg
WuHInEh.jpg
NBMN20D.jpg
There were a couple of dice-y attempts, which I believe might be because we're getting a good amount of new and lapsed players who aren't as skilled with the fight compared to last week. In my first clear the fourth died early on to the 8-way so we basically 3-manned it. Maybe the only thing stopping some folks was the grind for the 5.3 core weapon, so they decided to jump in when they got it from this raid's EX. I do hope the free 5.3 core weapon becomes a feature of all future raids, since it eliminates one of the biggest hurdle of getting into the High Dragon Trials, which is grinding either a 5.3 core weapon or Void for the first time in order to participate in at least one High Dragon Trial to see if they'll even like the content.

Hrm, I'd say from a purely gameplay perspective I prefer my F2P NOTTE account. Like I said in my update, completing DL content relies on gear, knowledge, and skill, but having access to basically everything drastically lowers the amount of skill and knowledge I need to do content. It's basically less engaging most of the time because very little of DL's content is balanced around 5* MUB dragons outside of MG. 4* MUB dragons are enough for basically everything else, and it's why folks can do things like solo High Jupiter and Omega Chronos Nyx just using Natalie by herself. The game's progression is a lot more natural on my NOTTE account when it comes to doing content overall.

On top of that, the stuff I learn and do on my NOTTE account is generally more useful and applicable for newer/casual folks. A lot of min-maxing for DL is usually high end stuff with optimal dragons/adventurers, but it's useful for people to know what the bare minimum can also produce. It basically serves as an assurance that there's still a lot of content players can do even without having all 5*'s or even 4*'s. As a gacha game, a lot of folks are quick to assume stuff can be unreachable if they don't pull well and hit a wall, but as an action game there's a ton that a player can do to clear content through knowledge, skill, and just the in-game acquirable gear (weapons, Wyrmprints, facilities, augments, and story/welfare/gift adventurers/dragons), which I try to demonstrate through playing on my NOTTE account.

I would even say my MG level isn't at the highest it could potentially be since I'm not optimal with my skill level, facilities, or other gear yet. I can do Sword C2+FS consistently but not C3+FS yet, which would improve my DPS for Euden and Alfonse. I haven't mastered Failed Force Striking which would improve my DPS when using Elisanne and Botan. Having my dojo's at 31/31 and all my altars to 35/35 would help a fair amount, which is something even newer players could potentially get faster than me since I'm 2 smithwyrm-locked. I need to get Eli a Void Poseidon Lance, which is actually better for her in MG because the skill prep lets her get an extra Strength buff in, and there's still Wyrmprints I can get to improve my teams. While I've reached the limit on certain stuff at the moment like non-Eldwater Mana Circle, weapons, and Dragon/adventurer levels, there's still a lot of things I can work on.

That being said, I do enjoy my main for the variety and reading through all the stories. And I enjoy playing the game in general, which is why I can basically do twice the amount of daily grind most folks do.

Thanks for the in-depth explanation as always, Numberfox. I had a feeling you were more partial to your NOTTE account since you're clearly very passionate about it (though that's not to say you're not about your other one). Your dedication to the game is ridiculous to be juggling two accounts simultaneously like you are. The fact you've kept it up as long as you have without burning out is beyond commendable.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Got Chthonius on the first free daily pull of the new summon event. That's all I needed in fact since I lack really good Shadow Dragons. Not too interested in the two Adventurers since my Shadow team is pretty solid with G!Cleo, Ieyasu, S!Verica and Yaten/Audric

Can return to saving up the Wyrmite

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cleared both co-op omegas. Much, much easier than doing them solo. I imagine a lot of that is that everybody challenging these has already cleared them in their own, so there's good fight knowledge.

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
Got Cassandra on my free 10 pull today! Super happy because she's the only one I wanted from the banner, but sad because there's basically no reason to run her when I have G!Cleo. Curious to see if there's some cheese potential with her like there was with Fjorm though.

The co-op omegas almost felt a little too easy since having three other players with stacked teams means a large margin of error in case someone messes up. Ended up with a deathless Chronos on the first run and then had S!Verica die on accident with my Nyx run. Glad to be done with the event now though, aside from dailies.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, yeah, thankfully raids are surprisingly easy. Got regular Chronos on my first try and Nyx only took a few, and both were deathless. I think some of that is just people having regen skills from dragons going fairly often? But just in general, it was easier to deal with.

very very glad to be done with this Omega mess...