• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Maybe we celebrated too quickly. Turns out that this saga may not yet be over. The op for this post on reddit is supposedly putting together a registration guide and it does seem like you do need to go through with the full eplus account registration for the code redemption to fully take effect. You can follow along here:

All of this is rather concerning as I believe mine will ship tomorrow. I honestly don't want it if I can't semi-easily redeem the rewards... might have to cancel pretty quick.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The first page was talking about the lottery with the red section specifically talking about the presents and being sure that your Player ID / Serial # is correct because you can't fix it after. The second page is the redemption and doesn't seem tied to the prior page.

We have until the end of October to figure out the redemption process. My order is already preparing to ship with Amazon JP so there's no turning back.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I sent a cancellation request to Amazon.jp, they said my order was already being processed so it may or may not be cancelled in time. Oh well, whatever happens happens at this point.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If an account is required, I actually have a JP phone/phone number. When I get my copy I'll look more into it, and I'm willing to put my e-plus account info on Discord if it turns out it's needed.

The DPS sim website has updated with an option to tune the team DPS instead of it being a static 6K. This website was up before double Wyrmprint's were a thing, which is why 6K was used as a base originally. However, with many top characters now being able to reach 6K DPS individually when factoring in other offensive co-abilities, double Wyrmprints, facilities, etc. and even the worst DPS unit, Cibella, reaching 2.5K DPS (6K DPS assumes the other 3 members are only doing 2K DPS), that number has been a bit outdated even when considering intentionally low-balling. Assuming a team DPS of 9K for example (every other team member does 3K DPS), both G! Euden and Odetta outperform Albert. Many buffers similarly compare more favorably under an assumption of 9K DPS, like Karl being 7th best Fire DPS, Melody being Wind's 5th, and Xuan Zang being Fire's 10th.

Man, we really need a natural 5★ water healer to help populate High Brunhilda rooms. Half the challenge isn't the fight itself, but finding a damn healer to get the fight started! :/

And yeah, I realize the 4 Fjorms set-up is the preferred method to make short work of HBH, but that takes all of the fun out of using a non-meta 3★ instead (like my boi Waike).

I'm hoping for Gala Eli to be a Water staff; she then won't conflict with lance Eli and many people are gonna pull her during Gala periods (compared to a permanent 5* which most people would say to skip since they're in the permanent pool and you can pull them off-banner later).
Maybe for Halloween, and maybe limited....

The problem is that if the next light dragon is Skill Damage it means Geuden won't have a good Dragon option for a while.

They could do what they did on Valentine's with Prometheus and add a Light dragon that is just added to the permanent pool. I think the entire Light cast is more in need of the better Light dragon than G! Euden, who is a top 3 Light DPS even disregarding the dragon side of his kit.
Are 0UB 5.3 weapons better than MUB 5.2 weapons?
Yeah, the Strength jump is massive.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yeah, the Strength jump is massive.

Thanks!

I'm hoping for Gala Eli to be a Water staff; she then won't conflict with lance Eli and many people are gonna pull her during Gala periods (compared to a permanent 5* which most people would say to skip since they're in the permanent pool and you can pull them off-banner later).

That would definitely be ideal. Though my only concern then would be an influx of new Gala Elly mains that would need to learn/re-learn the fight. Those first few weeks after her release will be rough for PUBs but very beneficial long-term.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Went and upgraded all my teams with the Wyrmprint guides & DPS charts, now making some progress on gauntlets. yay on progress.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If an account is required, I actually have a JP phone/phone number. When I get my copy I'll look more into it, and I'm willing to put my e-plus account info on Discord if it turns out it's needed
Appreciate this, should it need to come to that.

Honestly, I could do without all of the bonus upgrade items, even the Sunlight Stone. But I NEED that DAOKO wyrmprint.

I still don't regret ordering the CD, since I love the music, I just wish they made the items a little more accessible to those outside of Japan. It'd be different if Dragalia Lost was a Japan-only game, but it isn't. Why not just have the concert registration thing separate from the bonus items? I could understand the former being locked to Japan residents, but there's no reason the latter should be. :/

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The phone number thing is worrying, but absolute worst case I think I can probably find a trustworthy Twitter mutual that lives in Japan to help get it done, so... I am not 100% worried just yet. We'll see, hmm.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Being as stingy as I usually am is silly when I suddenly have, uh... 1.3 million eldwater to burn?
tenor.gif

And I thought I was a mega hoarder with my 700k+ eldwater...

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Peasants.

Here I am sitting on 1.95 million eldwater. I'm hoping to get to two million before I'm forced to spend some trying to finish up Mercurial Gauntlet before the reset.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
O_o''

What other dark underlying secrets does this thread hold?! Will these players ever spend their eldwater, or will the Halidom become flooded in excess?! Find out next time on Hoarders: Dragalia Strife Edition!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up unexpectedly sailing pretty easily through fire Gauntlet, at least up to 50. I have not beaten 50 yet, but this was my second try earlier so I feel pretty confident! I really expected that feeling of "15+ seconds left in the early 40s, nice!" to suddenly come crashing down and... it kinda didn't, since most of the 40s were ~5-10 at worst.

And this is my team:

...so there are some obvious easy improvements, like giving Celliera those last 3 levels. The other one that'd be generally useful enough to do is taking SDO from 2UB to MUB, but I'm not sure I actually want to currently since (for both here and other elements) I've gotten so used to the rotation with only 50% skill gained.

So I'll just give her the levels and then go for it a few times before doing anything else when I try again later tonight. I've only done a few times, but I didn't feel like I was actually running out of time as much as the timing of some things was throwing me off. Like I some had bad luck with statuses delaying the clap in confusing ways. Or even the break outright canceling the clap, but I was saving skills because I thought it was still only delayed, which just wasted a lot of time during break while I waited to use them... And mostly I'm annoyed I totally mistimed dodging a clap during the very first run, because I got a bog right at the start of break that time, and that could have clinched it.

And after that's done I gotta get light and dark up a bit still. I just wanna hit 200 this time, so it shouldn't be too hard without everything else having 40 done.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My DAOKO x Dragalia Lost LE CD shipped from Amazon Japan, I should have it in a few days. I just hope I can redeem that code. :/

DAOKO ingame item redemption guide ft. eplus account

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
If an account is required, I actually have a JP phone/phone number. When I get my copy I'll look more into it, and I'm willing to put my e-plus account info on Discord if it turns out it's needed.

Somebody put out a guide on Reddit.

Looks like you would likely want to handle submitting the information on behalf of other users. If you are up for that I would gladly take your help.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
lol they're using eplus for the ingame stuff as well? time to spam feedback for code redemption option ingame instead of using external ones.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Lame thing with the redemption for the CDs.

Anyways, ready for the Omega Raid tonite!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just need the Omega Nyx Raid clear and I'm done! Gonna farm until I have it, as I've unlocked six of the rare boosts over the last week so that should help.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
1200 free wyrmite just because. Oh. Free daily tenfold starting on the 12th as well!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cleared both but still need a deathless clear for Omega Nyx Raid and I'll be done! Glad I won't have to grind for more rare boosts!! The four I ended up with were critical rate + 15%, critical damage + 20%, Skill damage + 25%, and skill haste + 20%.

Edit: Got it!!

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Free daily tenfolds AGAIN?! 🤯

Okay, they're really starting to scare me with this ridiculous amount of generosity.

Are they kicking off the Halloween event earlier than anticipated, because I'm spooked already...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Numberfox, if you're really up for handling the e+ stuff, that'd be excellent.

Kinda waiting to see if anyone in my Alliance has someone that'd do it first, but if not I'd rather not have to beg on Twitter in hopes of a mutual being up for it, so...

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
There's also a new Dragalia Life comic today (the regular notice is buried for some reason).

Holy crap, I'm as dense as Ranzal's dinner plate. It somehow never occurred to me that Audric could actually be Aurelius from a different reality? (I haven't read his adventurer story yet so that probably explains a lot.) It didn't hit me until I saw the not-so-subtle hints in today's comic. And now "Audric's" initial interaction with Cassandra in the Fractured Futures story makes more sense now too. Ugh, I feel so stupid. lol

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
18-20th will be during the Halloween banner. I'm curious if we might get something similar to the sylas or the water catch up banner since dragon banner was fairly recent. That is to say what banner is between the current and halloween one. Or could we see Hellisanne ran separately from the newer units perhaps.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Unfortunately, I tried to setup an e-plus account, and for some reason I'm not getting the SMS message for my authentication number. Maybe it's because I'm in NYC right now. Whatever the case may be, looks like I also need to look for alternative ways to redeem my code when my album gets here. Sorry folks.

In slightly more positive news, the DL album is up on Spotify, and the Halloween track is titled DRIVE.

Looking forward to who gets Halloween alt's, a fan artist has done their take for some adventurers.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
18-20th will be during the Halloween banner. I'm curious if we might get something similar to the sylas or the water catch up banner since dragon banner was fairly recent. That is to say what banner is between the current and halloween one. Or could we see Hellisanne ran separately from the newer units perhaps.

The current banner lasts to the 18th.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The current banner lasts to the 18th.

Only in that it ends on the 18th at 2 AM Eastern.

Though those free pulls will actually be on the 19th and 20th, effectively, and that's the second and third days of the new banner. It's really just free weekend pulls happening again, but they're tenfolds this time.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Only in that it ends on the 18th at 2 AM Eastern.

Though those free pulls will actually be on the 19th and 20th, effectively, and that's the second and third days of the new banner. It's really just free weekend pulls happening again, but they're tenfolds this time.

?. I was just replying to the poster as I think the poster was assuming that the current banner was ending before the 18th like normal raid event banners have in the past (usually around the 14).

Edit. Obviously the extended gala changed up things.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
?. I was just replying to the poster as I think he was assuming that the current banner was ending before the 18th like normal raid event banners have in the past (usually around the 14).

Ah, I see; sorry, I misread. Kinda didn't get much sleep, hah.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, 15k is where they'll allow you to try it if you want to, but 30k is where you actually might be able to clear it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, question- does anyone still need to be carried for EX to get their free 5.3? I didn't keep an eye on the Discord this weekend like I should have, sorry. But out of laziness I now have a lot of EX items stocked up that I now need to use today and tomorrow. So if people need to be carried, I'd be happy to use them to help with that.

Heh, 15k is where they'll allow you to try it if you want to, but 30k is where you actually might be able to clear it.

I think that was just Nightmare they posted, not Omega?

You can definitely clear Nightmare in the 20s, it just gets increasingly easy as you get pulled into higher rooms.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
This is my greatest gaming accomplishment this year:
T16Kgje.jpg

saZglBT.jpg

My heart is still pounding out of my chest. For a while there I thought it was impossible with the 5★ shadow adventurers I had access to (Althemia/Cassandra/Curran/Heinwald/Nefaria/Veronica), and I refused to spend the 25k eldwater to promote another one specifically to beat Nyx (yeah, I'm stupidly stubborn). Hopefully someone else who's trying for that last-minute clear and doesn't have access to most of the heavy-hitters can find some inspiration from my team. (I can post more details if anyone needs them.)

Must've spent anywhere between 5 to 10 hours and close to 100 attempts trying to get that damn clear. It was the first time I deeply regretted hoarding Wyrmite instead of chasing down Ieyasu or G!Cleo on their banners, and I struggled massively as a result, since just one of them would've made the fight so much easier than it was. I needed as much DPS as possible so I was forced to forgo Phoenix, which basically meant I had to be near-flawless with i-framing to compensate for the lack of healing, and to know when to run for my life when the tornadoes were summoned and/or luck out with using skills at just the right time while my teammates were trapped in them. I was also lucky enough to get 5 rare raid boosts which I'm very grateful for, especially +20% skill haste which was a huge boon.

Now on to the raid fight, which should hopefully be a lot less stressful...

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Unlike the above poster, though I have a 25k+ might team with Gleo, Ieyasu, Curran and Heinwald, I have been very unlucky with Rare Boosts having only got two the whole time I've been playing in this event. I've poured plenty of ashes into this and got nothing in return and so have just been failing miserably in both Solo challenges so seems like I won't be able to pass these challenges - having Shinobi would help too; just wish that the 5* Dragon ticket we got the other day was a selectable one and not another Long-Long :/

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
Unlike the above poster, though I have a 25k+ might team with Gleo, Ieyasu, Curran and Heinwald, I have been very unlucky with Rare Boosts having only got two the whole time I've been playing in this event. I've poured plenty of ashes into this and got nothing in return and so have just been failing miserably in both Solo challenges so seems like I won't be able to pass these challenges - having Shinobi would help too; just wish that the 5* Dragon ticket we got the other day was a selectable one and not another Long-Long :/
I did the solo with Phoenix Chocolatiers V. Ezelith lead and 2 Burn Punisher prints on Gleo and Ieyasu. You could consider trying it (replacing Heinwald).