• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Oh so if I read that right, we don't need to ask anyone else to help redeem, we don't need eplus account or Japanese mobile number?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I hit 180K Wyrmite on my F2P NOTTE account. During the first year of DL, there was a Reddit user that gave weekly updates on their account progress without ever using their Wyrmite or permanent summoning tickets, who decided to cash in at anniversary. Since there's now a dearth of that kind of content, I might try to post more frequent overall updates on my F2P NOTTE account. I'm not going to give as in-depth summaries as my anniversary overview, and I'm not great at keeping to a regular schedule, but I might start giving updates every 5K or 10K Wyrmite now depending on how quickly/slowly it accrues.

For those unaware, my F2P NOTTE account doesn't use any Wyrmite or summoning, NOTTE standing for "NO T(ickets or Wyrmi)TE." On top of that, I don't read any of the gacha adventurer or dragon stories from the stuff I've pulled from the free daily pulls and temporary summon tickets we've gotten, nor do I use any of it. The only adventurers/dragons I use are from the story/events/login, so literally any folks who just play the game will have access to these eventually with event re-runs, no matter their gacha luck.
B5xg5xJ.jpg
In total, I have 180K Wyrmite, 35 tenfold vouchers, and 427 single summon vouchers, for a total of 2,277 summons, as well as a 5* dragon voucher and 3 stacks of 8.5K Eldwater 5* adventurer vouchers. On average, we're given about 175 summons a month as a F2P player.
DcAWVLL.jpg
14keLNw.jpg
u4OBw9y.jpg
uu91xZg.jpg
reYSCX5.jpg
5XW3tR0.jpg
Biggest difference between last time I posted my stash and this time is I decided to exchange all the 5* items (sunlight ore, Damascus crystal, etc.), and the new Void items for the HDT weapons. Considering I already have 4 MUB Golden Fafnirs/43 Void Seeds and I'm not going to be clearing the eHDT trials anytime soon, I'm not gonna stress out about completing the limited Void endeavors, especially with double IO up right now.
df1hPwm.jpg
LdrUCqu.jpg
6cxPPA0.jpg
Audric was instantly 5* promoted and 46 MC-noded as soon as I got him. Same with Parallel Zodiark. I can officially say I have a 5.3 core weapon for every single story/welfare adventurers now, including the healers and 2 Light bows for Lucas and Elias. If we continue to get 5.3 core weapons for every raid, I won't need to ever worry about making 5.3 core weapons again.

For complete note taking I'll include my newest Mercurial Gauntlet update, and this week's HMS pub clears using a Mini Mids.
1MnDg4r.jpg
FtI1l3K.jpg
hcL9IYP.jpg
hmRq5s4.jpg
hoEofWe.jpg
fec9vzd.jpg
Q0h2HUE.jpg
I might give a new account update every time I do my weekly HMS pub clears so that there's at least something new each time, still debating on frequency.

On the topic of the quality of standard HMS pubs, I would say there's just an overall huge uptick of new people doing them since the introduction of eHDTs, whether they be newer players or even veteran players who never bothered to do HDTs until now. There might even be some old hardcore folk who quit in the past because of the lack of meaningful endgame until now. Might doesn't mean as much when I see a 6K Mikoto get hit from spitballs I'm baiting away from the ranged teammates and literally die to the first 8-way. That being said, I think most folks who have been doing weekly clears have been setting their rooms to 5.5K Might.

The minimum to reach 5.5K Might (assuming you don't have the event facility) would generally be 45 MC, MUB Void Weapon, MUB Glorious Tempest, MUB Ifrit, MUB offensive print (Resounding Rendition, The Shining Overlord, Kung Fu Masters, etc.), and the flame altars/Slime statue/weapon dojo maxed (Euden literally just needs a single HP or STR Augment to reach 5.5K Might with this setup). Alternatively, you can use Mini Mids, but you'll also need a 0UB 5.3 core weapon and 50 MC to compensate. For reference, my Euden with Mini Mids, 50 MC, event facility, 31/31 dojo's (maxed altars/slime statue) and a MUB 5.3 core weapon has 5840 Might, so there's a decent amount of wiggle room between hitting 5.5K Might and hitting the maximum a Euden (who has less stats than the average gacha 4*) can reach using Mini Mids. While I don't think the high Might is needed, I don't think it's outlandish for a player to grind up enough to reach that threshold.

Considering I've seen multiple people this week at 5.4K Might literally die to the opening blast, I can see why this minimum was set. A ton of people with little to no knowledge on how to even prepare for the fight are queuing en masse with very un-optimized builds, so the people who generally just had low requirements or even open lobbies before eHDTs are being a tad pickier now, especially with geared veterans just going up to grind eHDTs. I think Might requirements will lessen as time goes on and folks calm down enough to at least take the time to check if they can survive the opening blast.

Talking about eHDTs, the only plausible way I see my F2P NOTTE account getting an eHDT clear is through eHMC. Elisanne can literally survive eHMC's opening using the Void Lance, 50 MC, HMC Print, Beach Battle, and either MUB HMC or Mini Mids with 100 Adventurer HP Augments, essentially functioning as a worse Noelle. There's already a confirmed eHMC clear using OG Eli, so it's already proven to work, but I really don't feel like subjecting pubs to that. I'm not in any rush to attempt eHDTs any time soon, especially since I still have so much of the standard HDTs to still farm, much of which would actually be sizable upgrades to what I'm currently using.

Looking ahead, I'm actually terrified a bit by the Halloween re-run. Light is by far my worst team, since Ranzal at least has a scaling passive for facility events. I hope Alfonse with Mini Mids can carry me. Anyway, I think that's it for now. I realize it'd be good to link to my past F2P NOTTE account updates for posterity, so I'll start doing that. And finally, some fan art of the welfare raid adventurers. I'll probably just be using the same group fan art of the raid adventurers and the non-new welfare adventurers until a more suitable ones pops up.

175K Wyrmite
First Nightmare Raid Clear
First HMS Clear
150K Wyrmite
120K Wyrmite
100K Wyrmite
90K Wyrmite
First Master Challenge Facility Event Clear
57K Wyrmite
40K Wyrmite
30K Wyrmite
12K Might
15K Wyrmite

Good stuff, Numberfox. I approve of the more frequent milestone updates. As of now I'm pretty sure you're the only day one player who's doing this to the extent at which you are, unless there are also others in the Japanese community that we're not aware of. I'm also wondering if there's a good chance that you have the highest Wyrmite total of anyone in the entire playerbase (only Cygames knows this though, but it would be amazing if they'd give you some kind of acknowledgement or even free items once you hit 200k). And to think if I hadn't spent a bunch of Wyrmite during the Fire Emblem crossover event I'd be very close to your total (16k behind currently, and the upcoming Mega Man event will ensure that I never get a chance to catch up to you unless I get super lucky with my summon vouchers, but even then it's very unlikely).

And hey, light is also my worst element by far, so the Halloween suffering will be mutual. lol

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Halloween banner preview is almost upon us. I'm hoping for Heinwald and Sinoa since I think they fit the theme pretty well. I can see Lowen (w/ Louise) happening too.
I don't know if they will do a Dragon alt as well but so far only humanoid Dragon got one (Garuda? Cerberus? Cupid?).

I'm expecting it to be limited but after Summer everything is possible.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Expert HDT Top 25 Meta for Oct 16th, 2019
Ordered left to right by when they appear in the rankings. Numbers signify when the best clear has multiple of the same adventurer/dragon.

HMS Adventurers: Ramona, S! Maribelle, V! Hildegarde, Emma, Verica, Rena, G! Sarisse, G! Mym, Mikoto, Marth
Dragons: Konohana Sakuya (x2), Cerberus (x2), Arctos, Agni, Phoenix, Prometheus, HBH

HMC Adventurers: W! Elisanne (x2), Noelle, Victor, W! Aoi, Addis, Maribelle
Dragons: Vayu (x3), Freyja, Zephyr, Pazuzu

HBH Adventurers: S! Celliera, Lily, Elisanne, Thaniel, Orsem, S! Julietta, Karina, Celliera, S! Estelle, Fjorm, Laranoa, D! Nefaria, Xander
Dragons: Siren (x3), Leviathan, Simurgh, D! Jeanne D'Arc, HMC, Poseidon

HJP Adventurers: G! Cleo (x4, lol)
Dragons: Shinobi (x3), Marishiten, Chthonius

HZD Adventurers: Fleur, G! Prince/Euden (x2), Yachiyo, Hildegarde
Dragons: Cupid (x4), Pop-Star Siren

For eHMS, Vanessa has dropped out, but a new strategy centering around using Emma with Phoenix in a 4x DPS team has sprouted up as a potential budget build. It's riskier than using a Verica, but has the upside of much higher overall DPS in theory. It requires perfect play though, as there's no on-demand heal to fix any mistakes, and Emma is essentially dead if she ever gets hit due to having sleep resist. Emma has potential in being a decent budget option as she's key in many speed clears while even using a MUB Void Lance for the 24th fastest eHMS clear, but a non-4 DPS team would want a MUB Agni/Cerberus, and you have much less margin of error compared to Verica. I suspect clears are gonna be even faster come next update now that folks have access to Master HBH weapons. For just getting a general eHMS clear, I'd say Verica with MUB HBH is still the best and safest choice for a budget build.

For eHMC, there is surprisingly greater diversity now compared to before. Pazuzu being used on a W! Eli on a team that literally has no way to inflict poison for the 17th fastest clear shows there's quite a lot of leeway for the fight. W! Aoi has proven to be a decent speed clear option, replacing the second W! Elisanne in the meta comp for 3 of the top 25 clears. Similarly, the second W! Eli was replaced by a Maribelle for the 23rd fastest clear shows that the second W! Eli is the biggest flex spot. The 7th fastest clear even uses a double Noelle/Freyja comp. I think Noelle with a non-MUB Freyja is still the best option for participating in eHMC in general.

For eHBH, if you have a skilled Thaniel and an eHMC weapon (which is arguably the easiest to acquire), there's a whole slew of options to participate in a speed HBH clear. OG Celliera finds a spot on the 6th fastest clear team amazingly enough, while D! Nefaria shows up on the 15th fastest clear. Thaniel with MUB HMC is the best budget entry into HBH, and is actually also the most in demand since its a fairly challenging role and doesn't have much alternatives like the bevy of DPS options.

Just use G! Cleo for eHJP, lol.

For eHZD, the meta is largely the same for the fastest clears. The differences is H! Eli/S! Cleo have been dropped for more meta comp and Hildegarde has swapped from using Gilgamesh to Pop-Star Siren for the 21st and 24th fastest clears. The budget option is still using Fleur or Yachiyo with Cupid, though Yachiyo may be more in demand at the time of this post since everyone naturally builds Fleur first, but that can change at any time.

The biggest winners are probably OG Celliera, W! Aoi, D! Nefaria, and Pop-Star Siren. Here's a list of adventurers who have a confirmed eHDT clear that I know of, but did not rank this time around. Unfortunately I don't know their gear, and I could easily have missed clears from other adventurers.

HMS: Lea, Vanessa

HMC: OG Eli, Lin You, G! Ranzal, Louise

HBH: N! Aeleen

HJP: Natalie, Heinwald

HZD: H! Elisanne, S! Cleo

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I had to clear Zodiark to build a weapon for Cleo.
Now I'm playing Jupiter so I can upgrade Euden, making things easier.
Then I only play Zodiark until I can get the final Dagger for Dekphi.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I had someone on Reddit claim mine, but it's nice to see they found a way to let overseas customers to redeem them!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, my eHMC ranking dropped with this update. My 3:43 clear means I'm now at 29%. It didn't display my time before (it was a few hours after the cutoff for that one) but it would have been better than 20% given the stated time for that.

Will be interesting to see how much further it drops; I don't expect to beat that time, so I gotta hope more players clearing badly somehow offsets the people farming. Though I'm also just thankful to potentially get decently better rewards through it to begin with, considering it was literally my first clear and I've still only gotten 6.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I did it. I finally did it. I'm still tingling, dude.

12 hours of grinding and it is done: Master HBH is down.

Now I just have to go back to Expert (which I actually totally skipped, lol) and grind up 100 more tails if I want to have a T2 weapon ready for Master HMS next week and also potentially tell HBH to screw off forever? The fight is kinda BS, honestly.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I did it. I finally did it. I'm still tingling, dude.

12 hours of grinding and it is done: Master HBH is down.

Now I just have to go back to Expert (which I actually totally skipped, lol) and grind up 100 more tails if I want to have a T2 weapon ready for Master HMS next week and also potentially tell HBH to screw off forever? The fight is kinda BS, honestly.

Congrats!!
118 more tails for me.
I actually really enjoyed that fight. Granted 12 hours would leave a sour taste in my mouth. I'm definitely excited to see what changes will come with Master HMS next week. Expert HBH on the other hand really does just suck. I've got a couple great times posted but now I just need... 40-118 more clears lol.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I don't even know where to start with the expert high dragons. I've only ever completely HMS (standard, now). I guess the progression is to move to a MUB void weapon with the damage boost to the specific dragon? I pretty much have 5.3 weapons with zero unbinds for most of my parties, and I started with HMS because I actually have a MUB 5 star dragon in Cerberus, none of my other 5 star dragons are MUB except Cupid.

Is that accurate? I've been very stingy on actually applying augments anywhere so I have lots of those to go around as well.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If you can get Euden, Fleur, or Yachiyo to 3200 Str, Zodiark is your best shot.
Then you can do Jupiter if you have Cleo.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Halloween Mym. There goes my wyrmite.

Edit: According to Twitter they're giving 1200 wyrmite to players on the 18th for the Halloween banner. Thank you, Cygames!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If Mym was any element other than Fire I would be pulling no doubt, but Gala Mym is my most invested character and I cant see myself replacing her with her Halloween version

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If Mym was any element other than Fire I would be pulling no doubt, but Gala Mym is my most invested character and I cant see myself replacing her with her Halloween version
Damn, you're right. I forgot you can't run the same adventurer on the same team. I'm still going to try for her, but I won't go all-out.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Halloween Lowen is the cutest thing ever and Odetta looks cool, but both of them are kinda pointless elements as well since I have V.Hildegarde and Xander lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no mention on how they're going to handle the previous limited characters. Strange.

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
I don't even know where to start with the expert high dragons. I've only ever completely HMS (standard, now). I guess the progression is to move to a MUB void weapon with the damage boost to the specific dragon? I pretty much have 5.3 weapons with zero unbinds for most of my parties, and I started with HMS because I actually have a MUB 5 star dragon in Cerberus, none of my other 5 star dragons are MUB except Cupid.

Is that accurate? I've been very stingy on actually applying augments anywhere so I have lots of those to go around as well.

Basically yeah, it just depends on who you want to start the weapon cycle with/who you want to build first. Since you have a MUB Cerb you could probably start with eHMS as long as you know the fight. Do you have a built up Verica or Mikoto?

Desire index is gonna kick in hard because I'd love to get Odetta just because even though I already have both Xander and S!Celliera already.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that we're getting at least two free ten-pulls on the Halloween banner, so you might want to wait until those go out before you dip into your savings. I'll have to decide how much I want to pull, if only Mym wasn't a fire element...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
5 Multis and not a single Rainbow on the current banner....i dont think ive had ever this kind of bad luck in DL.
All i wanted was that 5* Light Dragon.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
The video doesn't seem to mention it, but Mym has a crit damage co-ability instead of a defense up one.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Etna Halloween Mym is just... why. At least she'd probably just outright want to dress like that, vs last year's "I'm totally being forced to wear it but can't just say I like it" or whatever dress nonsense for H. Elly. But I'd much much much rather have the cast in actually fun Halloween outfits like Lowen's and not just fanservice time.

meanwhile I don't know if a limited water Freyja is actually good, but Mariti... please... and I guess this also explains why they randomly announced in the anniversary patch notes that they'd be adding his voice to the Roost tomorrow

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like Mym is doing the caramelldansen in that skill icon

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I continued to find it funny that her dual resist is stun and... burn.

It's fitting for Brun, but does it have a use...?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I've decided: if I dont get Halloween Lowen from the free pulls this weekend then I'm going to pull until I do.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Ooh I was worried my Doako CD wasnt going to arrive before the deadline but it looks like its arrived in the UK and passed through customs so hopefully I should be getting it any day now

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Crap. Just realized that this past weekend fractured futures summon was still active and had free summons there that I missed out on. Lame.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
If any of you is out of Alliance we do have very casual guild called (in spoiler tags):
Globally casual
Its open to all and we have 6/30 members there.
Basically its for those extra skitties when doing quest with guild mates.

Yeah, I made new account when anni1 started, since my last phone broke and didn't have acco tied. Gala banner 2 (non Euden) was brutalish off banner where I made 12 multis without Gala units, then I used that Gala Premium pull and obviously it was Euden Eldwater.

Otherwise its been easy to catch up in levels and stuff & Halidom. Basically things I miss are weapons that have dropped and event buildings.
Halidom Facility level is 490. ½ Build time and hammers (still got 59) have helped alot. My player level is 86 and with a help of a Discord friend I cleared easy story chapter 10 last fight (couldn't solo it).