• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
If my Might with the building at level 30 is about 20K for my Light Attuned team, do I even have a chance at Nightmare? I could switch in G!Cleo but I'm also barely just hitting that 20k. I only felt like I could -just- get Master done with a 20k Light team...

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If my Might with the building at level 30 is about 20K for my Light Attuned team, do I even have a chance at Nightmare? I could switch in G!Cleo but I'm also barely just hitting that 20k. I only felt like I could -just- get Master done with a 20k Light team...

My light team (GEuden, SCleo, HEli, and Hilde) are 20.4k might with a level 35 building and I've finished nightmare the last two days. Usually with about 20 seconds to spare. GEuden and HEli have their 5t3 with no binds.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you memorize the boss patterns and output as much damage as possible, you don't need 20k might. I did Nightmare with 19k might. If you're running a healer, try swapping it for another damage dealer and taking a healer friend instead. It will help if you get your building to level 35 though.

5T3 is the gold craftable light attuned weapons?
5T3 weapons come in any element. They are the 5 star weapons on the third tier of their weapon tree.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

My first clear was G!Prince, Fleur (5*), Lucretia, H!Eli with a healer helper. I was at like 20.4k might at facility level 28.

G!Prince was using 2UB Void, Lucretia MUB 4T3, Fleur 0UB 5T3, and H!Eli 0UB Void.

That said, I DO have Cupid (1UB). The extra heal helps. But I think you should be OK with enough bonus damage and a good heal helper.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is crappy to ask; but what are everyone's team comps for Halloween Horrors? I'm sitting at 18k strength and still can't clear Master... Here's my current loadout:
9-E7-E35-DF-C0-AE-4050-96-B8-694-D76-BEE919.jpg

I also have an upgraded Fleur, but I am running dry on unbinding mats...

You probably want to change your prints up a ton for this, to begin with. You only need to clear this way once a day, so points are not the priority if you're struggling- that means Silke Lends A Hand + Witch's Kitchen + Plunder Pals can probably all go. Especially Silke and Witch's as he curses and doesn't blind anyway, and I doubt Yachi is at full HP constantly anyway so she's getting nothing from Witch's. If you're not shifting as Cleo, Dragon Brethren is worthless too; she's not taking fire damage here. And you probably have a more worthwhile print for her than A Mother's Love. Same goes for Preacher's Vacation on Juli; there's no fire damage and 5% OD punisher is by far not the best thing you could be using in your main, even Plunder Pals would easily be better. If this setup is just cause you're struggling to think of print combos, let us know what you have and we can try to help with that!

I would also say to look into making slightly better weapons for everyone if possible. It's a little hard to see but some of those look they're only 3.3s? Or even Voids...? So that's gonna be cutting your strength down.

Beyond that, yeah, get the facility up as high as possible ASAP.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
It turns out the total party might endeavors that seemed to just go on forever actually end at 30k. Thanks to HDT weapons my highest might team is at 30.2k might. It could go higher if I shuffled augments around and will go higher as I upgrade my weapons some more but there's no longer going to be any wyrmite rewards for doing so.

Finished getting the materials to MUB the HZD wand for Gleo, so I'm ready for mHJP next week. I might take her to go some more eHJP runs as I think my current best time is good for the 30% bracket so I'll see if I can push it up a little. Then I need to go record an actual good time for eHMS and maybe try to push my eHMC time up a tiny bit since I'm sitting at like 21% and that's a little frustrating to be just outside the next tier.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is crappy to ask; but what are everyone's team comps for Halloween Horrors? I'm sitting at 18k strength and still can't clear Master... Here's my current loadout:

I also have an upgraded Fleur, but I am running dry on unbinding mats...

Here's a good general chart to work with. It will probably be all you need for a solid 80% of the content (maybe more).

ogxp7lz42pk31.png

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
That chart is great and is even useful to me after like hundreds of hours playing this game -_-. I'm a hardcore casual i guess...

davitxi

Jan 17, 2019
Ok, I will try here: I need help with expert HZD.

It is impossible to find a public room while using void weapons. The few times I managed to form a group in discord, although the str should be enough for the 4dps strat, it seems that everything goes wrong. Sometimes we don't break fast enough, other times we don't deal enough damage and fleur/yachi don't have the dragon ready... And discord is usually more active when I'm sleeping, which difficults even more to find a group. I don't see how I can beat it.

I feel that my light/shadow teams are going to fall back if I cannot enter the HZD/HJP cycle. So, anyone can help me with my first clears?

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey so I have enough Dia to do the Dream Summon, and I have a real lack of healer of Dark outside of regular Cleo, and was wondering who was a better pick between Summer Verica and Heinwald. Also is Wedding Elly worth using it on? I got a lack of good 5 star Wind units (Maribelle may be my best, others are Hawk, Lin You and promoted Musashi)

EDIT: Thanks so much for that Wyrmprint chart!

Double Edit: I went Welly

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What Strength are you usually hitting?
You should be striving for 3200 with Yachiyo's boost.

That'll help you reliably hit the proper segments with Void weapons.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Props to the people who actually give HDTs another go. So much shit can go wrong and it's great seeing people realize there is good team comp and people stay around to get it done.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I got a summon voucher as a reward from a random EX Battle.

I... i didn't know that was possible, interesting.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Took the super buff Rena I intend to use for Master HMS into some eHMS rooms to get a good time attack score. Not sure where my time would fall in the ranking, but its quite a bit ahead of the 20% time so I'm guessing it could be top 10%.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time or the desire to spend a bunch of ashes messing around in PUGs, but there were some moments where people snap left some rooms that I wonder if they immediately regretted. Like they come in a room, see a low might Phoenix healer and go 'oh shit I better get out of here' only to totally overlook the 8.8k might Rena in the room.

I took Rena over to the last levels of Light MG I hadn't cleared and totally crushed it. I ran Rena/Elisanne/Gleo/V!Ezelith. V!Eze was almost certainly completely useless as Rena was there for applying burn but I liked the Skill Haste and I cleared Light MG 50 with 22 seconds left so who cares!

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Finally broke the Light - Dark cycle earlier today with taking down eHZD twice (with weeklies) to get enough mats to build Gleos HDT wand.

I honestly spent more time on eHZD than I did any of the other dragons including Master HBH. I don't want to say it's just tons of people not knowing what they're doing but geez just SO many people don't know the fight after the first Shadow Blast.

Current rankings -
HMS: Top 2%
HBH: Top 2%
HMC: Top 12% (will continue once I kill mHMS)
HZD: Top 60%
HJP: N/A (yet)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, after saying I was much less stressed yesterday, I managed to waste most of my night on high dragons again for some very foolish reasons.

So, got a Jupiter clear last night. All that's left is eHMS. But... Verica's might is pretty low, won't break 6k, I'm having issues with rooms. So sure, let's farm eHBH more for that weapon. And... could not do it with pubs or with Discord (I ended up with Hatter for a bit- somehow you're the one I keep running into outside of here?), so that was a bad plan. Wasted almost 2 hours on that.

Went "fuck it", promoted Lowen, went to try pubs... ended up in a room, decided to use Verica anyway due to Emma, aaaaaaand got a clear within 30 minutes yet again. And unfortunately for me: I leveled. Which made me go "well, I could probably spend these wings on Jupiter". And no. I didn't. I spent over another hour just BARELY not clearing, including once where someone just quit right before we would have finished him off. So like 2-3 hours wasted in total, when I only needed to spend that 30 minutes on HMS tonight.

It's super frustrating to think about, because every time I've actually cleared one of these it was in like 20-30 minutes, but I've had other times of trying hours without any luck. Of course, that just has an obvious message: I really, really need to get myself to stop hyperfocusing on these fights and trying forever and ever; that is very rarely going to result in anything but frustration. It's definitely a lesson I need to get myself to finally learn sooner rather than later. I've been increasingly noticing myself falling into more with stuff like this over the past year or two, especially when I'm bashing up against bosses in games and should just walk away... I guess the silver lining is that with, with some effort put into it, this actually offers a lot of opportunity to gradually improve that skill. Which I think is really how I need to approach content like this for going forward.

So tomorrow I'm gonna try, briefly, to improve my HMS and Jupiter rankings, then cut things off. They're the ones I think could potentially be easiest for that- if I can get into a decent HMS room, and if more Gleos survive longer into the fight, I think I can easily improve on the one each I have currently to get me into a slightly better bracket. I'd say the same for Zodiark, but I think without an HD weapon that's not worth trying, and the chances of me clearing Jupiter 6+ times to farm the tails I need... not happening. And for Mercury and Brun, I'm gonna just take my 30-50% times and not question them too much...

After that, I don't think I'm touching these till next week's weeklies. Really gotta get other stuff done, and get to other games. It was neat to dive much more into the endgame here again, and I'm happy to have gotten a clear in each in the end, but I really didn't need to put myself through some of this. Wasn't really the best timing for this to begin with, really.

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a good general chart to work with. It will probably be all you need for a solid 80% of the content (maybe more).

ogxp7lz42pk31.png

I have no idea what I'm doing so this is really helpful, thanks! I only just started and have about 170k eldwater from starter bonuses, should I be going down the list and focus on uncapping a single wyrmprint or is it better to spread them out across the team?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what I'm doing so this is really helpful, thanks! I only just started and have about 170k eldwater from starter bonuses, should I be going down the list and focus on uncapping a single wyrmprint or is it better to spread them out across the team?

Be warned that capping Mana Circles for units requires quite a lot of Eld Water too, so don't spend all to Wyrmprints.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else seeing a notification for maintenance until the 27th?! Guessing it's emergency stuff? Or that typhoon :(?

Oct 26, 2017

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Damn I totally forgot about that maintenance. I started up the game like a few seconds before the scheduled time and only got to the helpers screen. 40 stamina down the drain.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine if maintenance lasted until the 27th of this month? They'd give us some much compensation we'd never need to save for anything ever again.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

I take MCs to 45 and grab one or two co-abs as I see fit. I've also promoted a few 3 and 4 star adventurers which costs water, too.

As for prints and spending, I'd say you're safe to buy 2-3 copies of a print to get it to 1 or 2UB. Unless you're starting expert or master high dragons, you won't need MUB level 100 prints right now.

Oct 26, 2017
I take MCs to 45 and grab one or two co-abs as I see fit. I've also promoted a few 3 and 4 star adventurers which costs water, too.

As for prints and spending, I'd say you're safe to buy 2-3 copies of a print to get it to 1 or 2UB. Unless you're starting expert or master high dragons, you won't need MUB level 100 prints right now.

What's a co-ab? MC meaning mana circle i assume.

Thanks on the print advice! I'll just try and get my main group set up with decent ones for now. As I understand it being able to buy these prints is a fairly recent addition, are they normally stage drops?

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks on the print advice! I'll just try and get my main group set up with decent ones for now.
Co-abilities are stat boosts that a character gives by being on your team. They generally go by weapon class. Wands increase skill damage for the whole team, axes increase defense, lances increase health, etc. only recently have there been deviations from the weapon/co-ability (such as Gala Euden). In the last ring of the Mana Circle, there are a few nodes that increase the boost of the co-ability. These nodes cost Eldwater to unlock.

Oct 26, 2017
Co-abilities are stat boosts that a character gives by being on your team. They generally go by weapon class. Wands increase skill damage for the whole team, axes increase defense, lances increase health, etc. only recently have there been deviations from the weapon/co-ability (such as Gala Euden). In the last ring of the Mana Circle, there are a few nodes that increase the boost of the co-ability. These nodes cost Eldwater to unlock.

Aah okay, thank you.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks on the print advice! I'll just try and get my main group set up with decent ones for now. As I understand it being able to buy these prints is a fairly recent addition, are they normally stage drops?

My bad - explained above!

Regarding the prints, you can use this to start. But know that the drop rate on 4* and 5* prints are REALLY low. The best way to farm them is piles of skip tickets on half-stamina 2x drop events.

a8weib8.jpg

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Right, the recommended ones are all 5* so I'm not holding out hope for getting any of those soon. Thanks!

One other thing to remember...You can get by without those 5* prints for a while. Yeah, high dragons will require them (even standard level), but there are some really solid 4* prints. And if nothing else, any skill prep or shapeshift prep print can be a perfectly fine place holder.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say the best way to get them is piles of skip ticksts... they drop for me the most in Master IO, which you can't skip.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say that either. I got 2 RRs within 15 minutes or so during 2x a while back. :p

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man I am averaging one high dragon tail per expert run. How do people have MUB high dragon weapons already. Is it worth using bricks on tier 1 high dragon weapons or save them for tier 2?

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Man I am averaging one high dragon tail per expert run. How do people have MUB high dragon weapons already. Is it worth using bricks on tier 1 high dragon weapons or save them for tier 2?
It's best to save them for HD2 weapons. I imagine players are rerunning eHDT for better rankings and maxing out their HD1 in the process.

I only just realized that you need to play mHDT to upgrade to HD2; I really hope event and raid content requiring HDT weapons don't come out for a while. I was so close to having all the 5T3 and now those feel so weak in comparison to HDT weapons.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
After a full year finally beat regular hms with Sarisse and a void weapon. Done it twice on pubs, i figured i'd eventually get hard-carried in one of these but so long as there is a healer i think i can get it done. Still not confident in joining alliances.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
After a full year finally beat regular hms with Sarisse and a void weapon. Done it twice on pubs, i figured i'd eventually get hard-carried in one of these but so long as there is a healer i think i can get it done. Still not confident in joining alliances.
Congrats on the HMS victory!

You should join an Alliance just for the daily goodies and random Wyrmite bonuses. Alliances don't really offer anything useful for co-op yet.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the HMS victory!

You should join an Alliance just for the daily goodies and random Wyrmite bonuses. Alliances don't really offer anything useful for co-op yet.
Even if it's theoretical right now i just don't like being a burden, someone else could be using that alliance slot or however that works. And i can't play every day either, i'd occasionally make enough room to download the game. Until i get another phone with more internal memory DL has the lowest priority.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Even if it's theoretical right now i just don't like being a burden, someone else could be using that alliance slot or however that works. And i can't play every day either, i'd occasionally make enough room to download the game. Until i get another phone with more internal memory DL has the lowest priority.

You can always just create your own alliance only for yourself specifically to claim the daily rewards. ~750k rupies, ~150k mana, and ~1,200 stamina every month really adds up and it would be a shame to miss out on all of that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to spam the BOOM sticker in chat. An Alliance isn't complete without it.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So fucking weird. I cleared NM with NO issues yesterday and the day before.

Today?

Can't do it. Same team, BETTER facilities, no luck.

Lan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally broke into eHDT. I can craft one water weapon. What's a good adventurer to invest in? My options are Thaniel, Fjorm, SJulietta, Lily, Karina, Orsem, Elly. Thaniel and Fjorm are already at 50 nodes, but I don't mind maxing out another.

EDIT: I do have a near MUB HMaritimus, so Elly or Thaniel are looking somewhat enticing.

Last edited:

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Wooo clear eMHS with 5.4k strength Hallowen for the first time (being heavily carried by 8k strength Sarisse helps) and got into top 40% too. I think my clear time will drop into the next tier by next update, but I'm still excited!