• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
This was brought up way back before the FEH collab, but this is how Cygames usually runs collaborations in their games. Every single collab in GBF has the characters given out for free. The FEH event was actually the first time that collab characters were put into the gacha.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had some luck with the free 10-pull yesterday:

V58ae9F.jpg

Just gonna save my wyrmite at this point. I'm sort of surprised we haven't heard anymore info on the Mega Man banner at this point.

Congratz, that's a nice Halloween pull! :D

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they don't need to make money off of covered characters in Granblue Fantasy, because the game is huge on its own.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to just totally ignore Master HJP this week because holy crap the fight looks nuts.

Although right now the party that has gotten closest to clearing (damage-wise, at least) is absurd: Gleo x3 and Audric with HMS. (yes, you're reading that right) The strategy is that everyone brings Dragon Prep prints and Audric transforms to get past the opening blast, then turns into HMS and stuns HJP to skip a critical forced damage move later in the fight.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It is really strange to be honest. Do they not like money?
The fire emblem collab had 3 premium limited characters, it was insane and I ended up spending money trying to get them.
Like even if they couldnt use the characters themselves we could have gotten some of the characters dressed up like Mega Man characters at least.

I can only imagine they are going to do some special diamantium deals with the event or something

I hope some other Mega Man characters like Zero at least show up in the event story. Or maybe, just maybe, this collab is a popularity test to see if they should greenlight another MM collab with actual gacha units next year? Please...

This was brought up way back before the FEH collab, but this is how Cygames usually runs collaborations in their games. Every single collab in GBF has the characters given out for free. The FEH event was actually the first time that collab characters were put into the gacha.

Well if this holds true for future collabs then I have no idea what I'll be spending all of my Wyrmite on except for alts of my favorite pre-existing characters (which hasn't happened so far, besides H!Althemia who I summoned on my first tenfold last year and even then I think I got her with a free voucher). A huge reason why I'm hoarding is to 99.9% guarantee that I can summon any limited crossover characters in the future, but now that plan might be thrown in the gutter...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In case anyone's still struggling with Halloween Horrors: Nightmare, I made a video of a clear on my F2P NOTTE account.

The strategy is basically to utilize sword's 2 tap then force strike combo to clear everything and break the boss. The Heroes Arrive can be replaced with any Wyrmprint with Slayer's Strength or Together We Stand if you're using a character that force strikes a lot. Beyond that, having any good dragons (even 0UB Lindwurm) will compensate not having 5.3 core weapons, and most Light adventurers perform better than Elias and Luca (including all 3*'s in Elias' case). For this event, most 100% curse-resist melee adventurers perform similarly to Alfonse if not better.
I hope some other Mega Man characters like Zero at least show up in the event story. Or maybe, just maybe, this collab is a popularity test to see if they should greenlight another MM collab with actual gacha units next year? Please...

If there's future Mega Man collabs, there's hope for multiple free collab units. In GBF, the recent Code Geass collab let you get Lelouch, Suzaku, and Kallen for free, on top of C.C. as a summon (their version of dragons).

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally had some luck with the free 10-pull yesterday:

V58ae9F.jpg

Just gonna save my wyrmite at this point. I'm sort of surprised we haven't heard anymore info on the Mega Man banner at this point.
I'd say that's a little better than "some luck", haha. Insane pull. Congrats!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done trying to pull on this banner. Four copies of the damn bear and no new characters has just completely beaten me down.

Bring on free Mega Man so I can forget this event ever existed. :|

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Since there will be no summon event for the Mega Man event I wonder what they're going to have instead. Maybe a Dragon special or Fire Emblem rerun?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since there will be no summon event for the Mega Man event I wonder what they're going to have instead. Maybe a Dragon special or Fire Emblem rerun?
Probably a Dragon Special, I can't see them doing another collaboration during the Mega Man event, it'd be too much at once. Maybe a banner with new adventurers/dragon, that doesn't associate with Mega Man but will be helpful for his event.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I reckon it will be a 2 part gala banner like the anniversary

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didn't expect to get that much wyrmite today. My final ranking:
eHMS 2:55 14%
eHMC 3:02 5%
eHBH 3:27 25%
eHJP 2:30 16%
eHZD 2:53 36%
Total rewards:
6200 wyrmites, 400k eldwater, 14 champion's testaments, 3 full keys + 22 fragments, 3 ingots + 22 dama crystals and 1 sunstone + 28 ores. Insane.

As expected mHJP kill the Gleo strat with unavoidable damage just after the opening. Healer + defense unit like Patia seems to be mandatory. DPS check is insane too as no clear as been reported yet.

Astral raid this week means no raid event, and according to datamine a rerun of the Accursed Archives event is coming next month.
rich
get
richer

not sure how much longer I'll last in this game if they keep going with this sort of reward philosophy...

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
rich
get
richer

not sure how much longer I'll last in this game if they keep going with this sort of reward philosophy...

Yeah I don't have the time to dedicate to lots of endgame activities on a mobile game (not a slant just my personal philosophy) and I am totally fine about not getting the rewards but I am worried how the insane might jump for hardcore players is going to start affecting things like nightmare difficulties for events. I still like that I can do that content at my current pace and would probably quit playing if they pushed me out from being able to do that content.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I got my 3 Weekly Standard HMS pub clears on my F2P NOTTE account using Euden with Mini Mids. I tried recording them so I might look into uploading it later. I discovered that Toy Factory just instantly deletes videos with the DAOKO Halloween track, so I'll probably just mute the music whenever I record DL stuff to be safe.
Yeah I don't have the time to dedicate to lots of endgame activities on a mobile game (not a slant just my personal philosophy) and I am totally fine about not getting the rewards but I am worried how the insane might jump for hardcore players is going to start affecting things like nightmare difficulties for events. I still like that I can do that content at my current pace and would probably quit playing if they pushed me out from being able to do that content.

I mean, Omega Raids were the first time that a 5.3 core weapon might have been necessary to clear event content. It took a full year to reach that point (5.3 cores have been in the game since launch), and they gave everyone a free 5.3 core weapon from just clearing EX. I assume if there's event content that does require an HDT weapon, it would be at a point where they're just willing to give the weapon away for free. This Halloween event was the first time they've done Nightmare difficulty for facility events, and it's definitely tuned fairly low difficulty-wise, while Nightmare for raids was made easier with raid boosts.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
rich
get
richer

So like... I'm sympathetic to the fact that some people were left out of being able to get stuff from this event. And I'm also certainly open to this kind of thing taking a different form, because it was absolutely stressful/on my mind in a way that made me spend a lot more time than I'd like on it.

But at the end of the day, it makes sense for there to be something to keep endgame players invested, which this sort of thing does? And I don't think this is quite "the rich get richer", either, cause it isn't exactly an event that you had to be a whale or even ridiculously invested to profit from? Maybe the sense that you're restricted by characters/dragons to begin with, and whales could worry less about that due to getting them previously, sure. But I feel there is very little a whale could uniquely actively do in the moment. Beyond having some extra strength augs to apply to prints, possibly?

Similarly, I totally get the concern about events requiring more strength going forward but I wouldn't be too worried yet. I would hope that for the time being, HDs will mostly just make Omega level things less ridiculous and not be an expectation that's balanced around. I would expect that you may need HDs for the next set of bosses, though, but that makes sense in terms of progression. (...and I also do think people are maybe overestimating the difficulty of acquiring them- your weeklies + an extra clear or two at most is all that's required for one/an unbind.)

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This Halloween event was the first time they've done Nightmare difficulty for facility events, and it's definitely tuned fairly low difficulty-wise, while Nightmare for raids was made easier with raid boosts.

I could've swore there was a Nightmare facility event prior but not certain. Maybe a wish to the winds?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I could've swore there was a Nightmare facility event prior but not certain. Maybe a wish to the winds?

Nope, this is the first one. It's Master that was added to that one, because it only had one difficulty originally. The current event had both Master and Nightmare added, in comparison.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
From Reddit, there's a datamine that the Accursed Archive rerun will have a sequel alongside it story-wise with a similar unlock method to Valentine's. I bet a lot of fan artists are happy about that, the duo are some of the most drawn adventurers.

Prior to this Halloween re-run, we've had Master Challenge battles as the hardest difficulty for facility events, which debuted with Dream Big Under The Big Top. This awarded 500 Wyrmite once on a successful clear. We've never had the tenfold voucher Endeavor before (nor any that mention Nightmare), which you can check from the Event Archives page on the Wiki.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
From Reddit, there's a datamine that the Accursed Archive rerun will have a sequel alongside it story-wise with a similar unlock method to Valentine's. I bet a lot of fan artists are happy about that, the duo are some of the most drawn adventurers.

Prior to this Halloween re-run, we've had Master Challenge battles as the hardest difficulty for facility events, which debuted with Dream Big Under The Big Top. This awarded 500 Wyrmite once on a successful clear. We've never had the tenfold voucher Endeavor before (nor any that mention Nightmare), which you can check from the Event Archives page on the Wiki.

We had nightmare for the summer event.

Banner_Can%27t_Stop_the_Beatdown%21_Nightmare.png

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
A sequel event!? Yes!
Imagine if they just went and made Heinwald and Curran like canon lovers. DO IT.
Also hopefully Lathna will finally be playable, I was really surprised that she wasnt last time considering she has such a unique design and is featured in a bunch of wyrmprints

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...huh. I legitimately don't remember the summer event having Nightmare?? Weird.

EDIT: I have screenshots of some bounties too, so it's not like I just completely blanked on doing it either...?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
...huh. I legitimately don't remember the summer event having Nightmare?? Weird.

EDIT: I have screenshots of some bounties too, so it's not like I just completely blanked on doing it either...?
I think it was our first nightmare challenge that was more of a damage race since the time limit was short. That's what I remember about it.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
A sequel event!? Yes!
Imagine if they just went and made Heinwald and Curran like canon lovers. DO IT.
Also hopefully Lathna will finally be playable, I was really surprised that she wasnt last time considering she has such a unique design and is featured in a bunch of wyrmprints

She has new art (with a hat!) and also getting a sticker alongside Heinwald and Curran. I'd be really surprised at this point if she's still just an npc.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, she may be playable now, but I don't think it's that weird that she wasn't before.

She's just some random kid? And it's not like we spent much time at all with her real live self.

Well. I say that first part knowing that, like, Pia and Elias are kinda arbitrarily able to fight, not to mention Lowen and Maribelle and such, but. Still.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, in general a story event alongside a rerun is a really nice idea! It's something more substantial than a new castle story (which... I never read), and gets both new and old players (who probably skip the rerun event story) invested in what happened. Especially as facility events have their story end right away (not that raids really have a ton of story left either, but still), so it's nice to have something that continues in the background throughout the event.

So hopefully it ends up being neat and they keep doing it if so.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

That's basically the head cannon for a lot of fan artists!

Also some non-Twitter art like this from Tumblr or this one from Reddit.
We had nightmare for the summer event.

Banner_Can%27t_Stop_the_Beatdown%21_Nightmare.png

I stand corrected.

... I think I may have literally not farmed the Nightmare bounty after the first clear, as I legitimately don't remember doing Nightmare.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I've gotten a single summon ticket from Halloween Horrors but today I got the Legendary Twinkling Grains drop so that's cool.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017

I'm glad they are doing a sequel as well instead of just a re-run, I love those guys.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I've been dragging my feet with this for months, but I finally got around to finishing my long-term goal of 50 MC-ing my precious and under-appreciated 3★ sylvans, one for each element:

OYcSSor.jpg
5btrR1y.jpg
r7UW9rG.jpg
c2089Hx.jpg
fGLHrw1.jpg

(As a F2P player, I'd totally pay a high price with real $$$ to nab that sweet T2 HDT flame dagger for my fave Renelle without having to suffer through e/mHBH hell for it, but alas...)

If there's future Mega Man collabs, there's hope for multiple free collab units. In GBF, the recent Code Geass collab let you get Lelouch, Suzaku, and Kallen for free, on top of C.C. as a summon (their version of dragons).

Please let it be so. I'm still recovering from the letdown, but this gives me hope. :'/

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
what's more efficient for farming out those last jack'lanterns to level the facility to 35, Challenge Battle on Expert and converting drops or Boss Battle on Expert?

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
what's more efficient for farming out those last jack'lanterns to level the facility to 35, Challenge Battle on Expert and converting drops or Boss Battle on Expert?
If you are using 4 Plunder Pals, go for Boss battle expert and the bonus one. The bonus battle gives way more snack-o-lantern than any of the others.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
MARITI ACQUIRED

...it took 6 more 10s, during which I saw my fourth fucking Mym. So that's all my ranking reward wyrmite + the 1 I'd have done anyway. I'll say it wasn't a process I feel super great about w/r/t my emotions around it, and I want to go back to the usual of being more reserved with pulling for the near future. But I'm betting nothing is gonna be super appealing for a bit and no MM banner = ideally no limiteds till the holidays too. Plus, what was also on my mind was...

Ugh eHBH is hell. Finally got a win. Two more to go until I can rotate to eHMS.
Yup, eHBH is my hell for the week as well. I just want one Flame HD1 and I'll go back to avoiding HBH like the plague.

I really wish CyGames would stop releasing Stun-Resistant Water units.

I was going to say "I've always had the best luck with it so far" but that thought doomed me tonight. Terrible luck with just BARELY failing to clear it in groups that did fine otherwise; I've tried to switch groups faster than usual but ended up with one alliance's group for a long time because we definitely could do it, we just... never did that last bit of damage, for silly reasons.

Part of that was the X at the end, which... listen, I'm not experienced with it because I'm used to her being done with by then, so it's always partially on me. But I think it's safe to assume that you should probably not immediately take the spot that I, the healer, who needs to charge the skill to heal you, can actually target her from...?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Lathna is the next gacha adventurer, and one of her abilities is to transform into White Nyarlathotep.

Summon Showcase News Post. Stirred Shadows News Post. Really appropriate music. Part One implies there might be a second showcase (maybe even more sequel stories as well later?). Seems like in terms of new event story, they opted to go all-out on continuing Accursed Archive lore for Halloween (this banner/event literally goes live Halloween day) instead of something Trick or Treasure-related, and I'm personally glad they did. Really looking forward to the sequel stories, and we might get more Lovecraftian stuff in a part 2 of the showcase.

Lan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, got my eHBH clears. That was...rough. I won't be back for a while until I hit the rest of the dragons and have a MUB water HDT weapon. Yikes.

Anyways, now the fun part, which weapon to craft for eHMS?

Bow- Sarisse
Blade - Rena
Axe - Ramona, HMym
Sword - Marth
Lance - Emma

I was originally planning on Sarisse since my previous experience with HMS was Sinoa, but it seems she doesn't appear in the top 25 any more. Axe is also interesting in that I could potentially have 2 adventurers to work with.

EDIT: I have could have immediate access to MUB Cerb, but need one more stone for MUB Sakuya

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Is H. Mariti worth pulling for? I didn't get him on any of my pulls and I'm not sure if I should continue to invest in this banner for him.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to main Elisanne or Thaniel, he's definitely worth trying for.
But not enough to necessarily blow your savings on.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Oh new dark character who uses a spear. Glad to see since my dark team heavily favors. I've already got the dragon though but I wouldn't mind a dupe for the sake of unbinding it.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, got my eHBH clears. That was...rough. I won't be back for a while until I hit the rest of the dragons and have a MUB water HDT weapon. Yikes.

Anyways, now the fun part, which weapon to craft for eHMS?

Bow- Sarisse
Blade - Rena
Axe - Ramona, HMym
Sword - Marth
Lance - Emma

I was originally planning on Sarisse since my previous experience with HMS was Sinoa, but it seems she doesn't appear in the top 25 any more. Axe is also interesting in that I could potentially have 2 adventurers to work with.

EDIT: I have could have immediate access to MUB Cerb, but need one more stone for MUB Sakuya
Sarisse is still VERY viable in Expert HMS and could probably be run in Master too. She only fell off in Time Attack because right at the very end and is still capable of some really fast clears.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Since the Mega Man event won't have a banner; I decided to unload the rest of my tickets and Wyrmite on the Limited banner.

Walked away with a new Light Siren and dups of Hawk and Mikoto. Oh well; time to save up for the next limited banner.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Well with this bummer showcase, and Mega Man having no banner I can thankfully save my wyrmite stash for the next Gala or possibly holiday banner. A shame Mega Man isn't a full blown banner, but at least it eases my need to spend my precious rainbow rocks.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a reminder that today's the last day of the Trick or Treasure event; grab any limited Halloween Wyrmprints you might want (I strongly recommend grabbing one or two copies of Candy Couriers), get enough snack-o-lanterns to level 35 the Sweet Retreat, as well as any last Trade Shop items.
lia20191026.png
Numberfox I think I saw your W. Elly in a normal HMC room. You were very encouraging!

I have been hosting a bunch of standard HMC pubs on 7.6K W! Eli with Zephyr, so it's possible. I've already done Expert Weeklies and have the materials to make several Water HD weapons, so I've been running standard pubs several times daily to get orbs to MUB HMC and a max Water Fafnir statue. I can better save a run partway through on standard compared to expert if someone dies later on, plus I'm up for getting more folks to learn HMC.

HMC is where a lot of folks are gonna be trying an HDT for the first time since it's arguably the easiest, and having a host that's willing to continually retry (by spamming the "No Worries" and "Again!" Stickers after someone dies, then suiciding ASAP) goes a long way in "fixing" pub experiences, since more people will actually learn the fight that way. Just a better environment for clears in general compared to everyone feeling like they're on thin ice since they don't want to be the one that dies first and breaks up the party. That pressure of feeling like you can never make a mistake can cause folks to actually make more mistakes, which is counterproductive.