• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I haven't been too active here because I've been spending a lot of my free time just pubbing HMC and eHMC as my stacked W! Eli whenever I have the time. Been doing about 4-6 runs a day for the past week. I know there's folks who complain about the process of learning these fights, how terrible pubs are with people dying constantly, how the content's too punishing, etc. Honestly though, I enjoy the process of working with randoms until they finally succeed at this fight. I'm willing to retry for hours until the folks I'm matched with are able to do it, because I find that final successful clear worth the effort involved, for me the struggle makes the clear all the more satisfying.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
I threw in the towel on eHBH.

I just need to hope I pull S.Celliera or Lily because the amount of Elly/Fjorm/Xainfried players fighting for a team is comical. I'm still holding out hope that a 5* Burn-Resistant Healer (or anything that's not a Lance) comes out before the end of the year. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and build up Thaniel so I can have another lobby option.
You should join the Discord channel. A Thaniel main on there (AxisTB) and I usually run pretty successful HBHe trains.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
I threw in the towel on eHBH.

I just need to hope I pull S.Celliera or Lily because the amount of Elly/Fjorm/Xainfried players fighting for a team is comical. I'm still holding out hope that a 5* Burn-Resistant Healer (or anything that's not a Lance) comes out before the end of the year. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and build up Thaniel so I can have another lobby option.

I decided to switch to Sarisse and try eHMS. I was convinced I needed an HD1 to be able to clear eHMS, but a 5.3.0 along with those gifted Augments were enough. Farming eHMS has been the so relaxing compared to the horrors of eHBH lobbies.
You could also build a Karina or SJulietta. I believe with lance and axe coability you can run 100% burn res with no roulette.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Summon Showcase for Part Two:

I have a desperate need for Akasha (~ara ara~), but she's not limited so I can always ticket her the next time a Dream Summon comes around. Hastur is whatever, it'd be nice to stick on one of my AI while I run PVE content, but that's about it.

My wyrmite/tickets are safe for Mega Ma-, er, Gala at the end of the month, I guess.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I kind of want to complete the Cthulhu crew, but I fear I might end up regretting it due to the Gala at the end of the month. Then again, I think the only way I'd really regret it would be if we suddenly started getting the royal siblings as Gala characters.

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
You could also build a Karina or SJulietta. I believe with lance and axe coability you can run 100% burn res with no roulette.
So running Beauty's Secret + Fireside Gathering w/ Choco Thaniel + Lance. Are Axes popular in eHBH? It seems like a lot of investment to offset not having a Burn-Resistant Axe.
You should join the Discord channel. A Thaniel main on there (AxisTB) and I usually run pretty successful HBHe trains.
That's great to hear! I'll be sure to join and keep an eye out for when you two are looking for eHBH runs.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Akasha looks amazing but my stash is being built up for a couple pulls on Gala and then going all in on Dragonyule.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I've given up on mHJP for this week. I had kept putting it off and that should have been a clue that I wasn't really feeling it but I finally threw in the towel and used my last weekly chest on eHMS to get materials to make my T2 weapon for next week.

It was hard to really get any rhythm going because PUGs are so absolutely terrible at the fight. I played for maybe 30 minutes earlier today before giving up and in that dozen+ runs we made it past Bolt Barrage maybe twice. And most of those attempts had everyone else in the room with the Surpasser of Light title so all these people who had cleared before yet still couldn't make it out of the first 30 seconds or so of the fight. In the past Master HDTs I cleared I at least had some feeling of progression going on, with groups getting farther and farther in over time, but mHJP is just a freaking mess.

I'm not concerned that I'll be missing out. mHZD might have a role or two that can afford a MUB T1 weapon and I could use that to break in. Either that or wait until I can team up with some Gleos with T2 wands and make it a bit easier. It might be a while before I manage to break into the Light->Shadow cycle since I need to put together a MUB T1 Light weapon and I just don't have the patience to grind it out 1-2 tails at a time so I'll be going for the weekly chests from here out. So it'll be probably the end of the month at the earliest that I have all the materials together to push for Master clears on those two fights.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hmm. Makes sense.

kinda wish it was 15% like 5* Euden gets; I finally promoted him recently to get that for co-op teams...

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
U9MalBo_d.jpg
Gimme those dark magic ladies

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. So similar to two other prints that already exist? The art is cool and all but zamn.
Yeah, they couldn't really give it anything extra useful that we didn't already have, as it was a bonus item. If it was, people would get upset at missing out on it, so +EXP makes sense.

I got it for the art, so I'm happy regardless, haha.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to see how far I could my pity rate with this new banner apparently because I have a huge stash of single tickets and not a lot of sense.

8.5% so far...

But yeah, her S2 seems really good, sry Lowen. Hastur's new ability combo isn't too bad either. Not super game breaking, be cool if it combos with buff time up etc.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I managed to get two Hasturs and Akasha (alongside Delphi, Sylas and Natalie and dragon Vayu)! Keeping some wyrmnite for the future, so I won't go after a third one now that I've ran out of tickets. Two Hastur boosts should work well enough anyway.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So can mHMC be cleared with an HD1?

For Noelle, yes. Noelle pretty much just has to make sure she makes the HP check and has Freyja (can be 0UB) to be able to iframe all the attacks. W!Elly can possibly get away with an HD1 as well.

Victor and Lin You (if you run her, some people stick with double W!Ellys) need the T2.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
For Noelle, yes. Noelle pretty much just has to make sure she makes the HP check and has Freyja (can be 0UB) to be able to iframe all the attacks. W!Elly can possibly get away with an HD1 as well.

Victor and Lin You (if you run her, some people stick with double W!Ellys) need the T2.
Gotcha. I think I'll save my HDT Weeklies and study up on the new mHMC attack patterns. Those constant waterfalls with the enemies spawning right away look terrifying.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So is Hastur just a worse version of 60% strength dragons?
The 15% bonus on top of the 45% goes to the character you're controlling, rather than the one equipped with Hastur. So, you're meant to give Hastur to AI partners in single player content (or raids) rather than using him in your primary character. The AI character will have 45% strength like the 4 star str dragons, but its effect will also give 15% strength to your primary character, and then you can stack that which can give a big damage boost to your primary character once added to Zephyr in your primary. Even without a MUB Hastur you'll be getting 10% bonuses for each one, which might be useful somewhere/depending on your team composition...

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's just a shame that Hastur looks so cool but you pretty much aren't meant to use his dragon transformation...

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
If I understand the mechanics right, doesn't the 15% boost multiply the 45% boost, giving a 67% boost if he's on your main character? Obviously only when he fires, but still, better than 60 at that time.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So many children in the Halidom, a few of which with animal friends.
If I understand the mechanics right, doesn't the 15% boost multiply the 45% boost, giving a 67% boost if he's on your main character? Obviously only when he fires, but still, better than 60 at that time.

Yep, so he's 7% better than 60% strength dragons about 66% of the time assuming you have a spammable S1 that comes up every 15 seconds. I'd say it's a slight downgrade compared to using Zephyr with the benefit of having more utility for single-player/raid content on AI.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to today's tenfold voucher I now have my first non-welfare MUB 5* dragon, Nyarlathotep. I didn't even have him before Stirring Shadows but from this banner alone I've managed to get five of him.

I wanted Lathna instead :(

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Akasha's adventurer story is spooky and sad.
I really like her pre-awakening design and hope Heinwald's resolve to "rescue" her means we could get a Researcher Akasha alt at some point

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at an impasse with dragalia.

I've advanced far enough that basically everything that's not a expert or higher dragon trial can be autoed fairly easily (e.g. this nightmare mode hasn't even required me to switch away from the event wyrmprints on my dark team), but trying to do the dragon trials on pubs is an exercise in frustration at best, and I don't really want to get heavily in some discord group (admittedly I tried the Reddit one a bit with little luck). Honestly feels a lot like the late 90s/early 00s mmorpg style tens or even (what feels like) hundreds of tries to get through a raid, even when I'm not always the one making the errors and I'm not really looking for that experience any more.

Might finally throw in the towel, not been a bad run though.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I've advanced far enough that basically everything that's not a expert or higher dragon trial can be autoed fairly easily (e.g. this nightmare mode hasn't even required me to switch away from the event wyrmprints on my dark team), but trying to do the dragon trials on pubs is an exercise in frustration at best, and I don't really want to get heavily in some discord group (admittedly I tried the Reddit one a bit with little luck). Honestly feels a lot like the late 90s/early 00s mmorpg style tens or even (what feels like) hundreds of tries to get through a raid, even when I'm not always the one making the errors and I'm not really looking for that experience any more.

I know what you mean. HDT rooms are still a pain to get into. And Master means everyone has to navigate cleanly at certain points to avoid dying. That said, no point in quitting before mega man event!

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017

That's EXACTLY how I feel about it. Bolded especially pertinent.

I don't understand why we're going through this whole rigmarole again. I thought we were past this after FFXIV started diversifying its content and WoW died a miserable death, but no, apparently Cygames wants to resurrect the mythical MMO beast one last time. Weird shit.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017

Gotta agree with this, the change in progression with the HDT's is something I really hate. I don't like the time investment involved with working around schedules to play with others or dealing with PUGs, just don't have the time for that anymore. It was fine when it was just a small boost to your stats with facilities, and the time investment was low as well with just doing the weeklies. It was fun and chill to make progression just playing casually.

Disappointed with the current state of the game, but still want to see the events and new stuff added. I only spent money cause I wanted to support them and just do daily pulls/dream summon once in a while, but will most likely stop.

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017

Same here. I almost deleted the game after a long streak of failed eHDT runs.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Yea eHDT progression kinda sucks. It's mostly because I don't realy like relying on people to not mess up so I can get a kill. I don't think I will stop playing the game, because It's atleast fun logging in for events and just smashing all the content. The time trials have really made me appreciate the sol content other gacha games have. Atleast with PvP rankings, you still aren't relying on someone else to bring their A game.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but do you guys think pulling for Akasha is a good idea if I already have a MUBed Lowen?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
for ehdt content, i think my bigger issue is that some fights are rather codified in what characters you can bring (I know ehms is considered a fav by some because you will see a ton of variety).

But yeah, i can definitely see people being frustrated with it, but hdt1 fights are so short that i really don't mind. And tbh the playerbase is getting stronger overall.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully the higher dragon trials will get less frustrating with the 6th mana circle and the weapon and dragon augments.

They were likely balanced around these augments and extra mana circles, so are supposed to be difficult right now because people wanted more endgame content.

Once those come out the margin of error on these things will get wider, more character and build options will become available and it will all chill out hopefully

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The number of attempts thing is something that goes away with time. I'm guessing a lot of the people frustrated with the current HDTs either didn't do the old versions or got to them late because it is always like this. The early days are rough but then after a month or so more and more people learn the fight and clears come rather easy. Plus there's always inevitable global power creep that slowly lowers the bar.

Back on Sunday I got about 4-5 eHMS clears in probably less than half an hour. It was with a mix of groups, too. As people get more HDT weapons and get better at the harder fights clears won't be so hard to come by.

Lan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my eHZD clears. Definitely a struggle, but I still much prefer this fight over eHBH.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've been fairly lucky with eHZD pubs tonight/last night. Still need one more weekly but some failed runs came very close (...and it was sometimes my fault, I haven't played it since Time Attack and never got used to handling later parts of the fight).

I think I'm gonna be sort of checked out of things for this month, though that's not the worst thing after going too hard for TA. My main issue with progression right now is that I'm not really sure how to handle the HD cycle, not necessarily having difficulty with Expert. In the short term I'm probably just running eHZD and eHJP till I hit MUB on my light and dark weapons, since I can use extra HZD orbs for getting the dragon and I actually use the characters I'd unbind weapons for in the other fight. But Master is super intimidating, and the water/fire/wind cycle is frustrating. I use Noelle/Thaniel/Verica (or Lowen), which means investing further in HDs (or making one at all for Noelle) is a bit of a waste for Expert. But if Master requires MUB HD1s for them... that's 4-5 HDs spent on a weapon that doesn't really help me elsewhere and may not ever be turned into an HD2 to use for future content besides.

Of course, maybe next month will make this easier- once the new endgame boss is announced, I can at least aim for farming a weapon in the element you use (and the one that leads into it). And we'll also see who's viable for that fight. Cause that's the other big issue- even if I make alts that use the weapons that I actually want to unbind and bring them to Master, if anyone I have with that weapon type isn't viable for the new boss, I'm gonna have to farm even more anyway...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
for ehdt content, i think my bigger issue is that some fights are rather codified in what characters you can bring (I know ehms is considered a fav by some because you will see a ton of variety).
I think this hits the biggest issue with eHDT and the source of most player frustration.

HMS is my favorite HDT due to the variety of Adventurers you can use. It's also not as frustrating of a battle if things go wrong. Like if a baiter isn't doing well; range units can still adjust and complete the run.

Of course, maybe next month will make this easier- once the new endgame boss is announced, I can at least aim for farming a weapon in the element you use (and the one that leads into it). And we'll also see who's viable for that fight. Cause that's the other big issue- even if I make alts that use the weapons that I actually want to unbind and bring them to Master, if anyone I have with that weapon type isn't viable for the new boss, I'm gonna have to farm even more anyway...
I really hope the next set of bosses allow for more Adventurer variety. The current eHDT PUB lobbies are just too strict with their Adventurer requirements. HBH needs Baiter/Thaniel/Lance/Lily; HMC needs WElly/Victor/Noelle, HJP is just Gleo; HZD is GEuden/Fleur/Yachiyo.

That's 9 specific Adventurers to start runs for 4/5 eHDT compared to eHMS where each lobby tends to be a unique mix of Healers (VHilde/Verica/HalLowen), Baiter (Marth/Mikoto/Rena/H.Mym/G.Mym/Ramona), and a variety of Flex (Emma/Sarisse/S.Maribelle).

Pangya

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I almost quit Dragalia when they first released expert and master dragons because of the same reason, but I stuck with it since I really enjoyed the game. After having cleared all expert and master dragons so far, the worst part is definitely when everyone is trying to still learn the mechanics. As with how standard dragons were, these fights will definitely get easier over time with new adventurers and other power ups (weapon/dragon augs, increased facility levels). I just wonder how Cygames will balance the upcoming new end-game boss difficulty, and what kind of rewards they will give.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
For those of you on Android and are living in select countries you should probably enroll in the new Google Play Points program.

Essentially you get cashback on your playstore and in-app purchases purchases in the form of points which you can then spend on more micro-transactions!
Thanks for the reminder. The enroll option finally popped up on my Play Store.

That said; you'll get more of a return from enrolling in Google's Reward app then this Point Program. $100 spent with the Point system nets enough Points for a $1 discount vs $80+ I've received from surveys within the Reward app.

Last edited: