• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Thanks for the reminder. The enroll option finally popped up on my Play Store.

That said; you'll get more of a return from enrolling in Google's Reward app then this Point Program. $100 spent with the Point system nets enough Points for a $1 discount vs $80+ I've received from surveys within the Reward app.

I've made $255 in survey credit since December of 2015. It's pretty damn amazing.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm guessing at some point during the past few months an update merged all of the tenfold summon vouchers together and removed the expiration text in the items window? It used to be that any vouchers that had an expiration date were separated from those that didn't and you could then tap on them to see when they expired. Now I'm left with a stack of vouchers and don't know how many I should use ASAP and how many I should save for later. Nice. 🙄

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing at some point during the past few months an update merged all of the tenfold summon vouchers together and removed the expiration text in the items window? It used to be that any vouchers that had an expiration date were separated from those that didn't and you could then tap on them to see when they expired. Now I'm left with a stack of vouchers and don't know how many I should use ASAP and how many I should save for later. Nice. 🙄

...have there even been any recently that expire? Are you sure they're not just grouped together because they're all the non-expiring type?

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Pretty certain all of the dated tenfold tickets have expired by this point, right?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, didn't the last one expire in mid-September...? I think there's only been, like, 2 that expired to begin with, right? The free 10x daily glitch compensation, and then randomly one given out as a gift?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we've only been given two tenfold vouchers that had an expiration, and the last one was right before the anniversary hit (IIRC).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No worries, Cygames gives us so many tenfold vouchers it can be difficult to keep track, lol.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
At the very least,
It's clear he isn't human. I doubt he is the Ancient One though, otherwise his whole search for the truth/knowledge aspect seems odd. It'd also make Nyarlathotep himself and all these cultists look really dumb if they believe the Ancient One is elsewhere beyond reality but he has an avatar running right beside them.

Most likely, at least originally, he was just intended to be another Nyarlathotep incarnation considering how the Japanese voice of Nyarlathotep in the Accursed Archives event was just Heinwald and Lathna's VAs together. Although considering how they're taking so long to reveal his identity they almost certainly will take it in a different direction by the time they get to it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I pulled Hastur on my daily discount summon today, awesome!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Waike bro FINALLY gets his own Dragalia Life comic!

giphy.gif

...And it's #169?

giphy.gif

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Wait wait, about Episode 5:

I pretty much understood what was happening sans one point, the very end. Did Heinwald just alluded that he has a Nyar inside of him too and are they like spirits inside them similar to what happens in the Naruto franchise? o.o

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth building Fjorm to cheese High Brunhilda if she can't be used for extreme or master? Or should I just go all in on Summer Celliera?

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth building Fjorm to cheese High Brunhilda if she can't be used for extreme or master? Or should I just go all in on Summer Celliera?
I used Cheese Fjorm to get my Fafnir to lvl 16 and grab a HBH for the Sunlight Ore. It was such a relaxing experience since even if someone messed up it only cost you 20-40 seconds. Since eHBH, Cheese Fjorm lobbies in sHBH now take a while to fill. Fjorm is also the least useful Lance for eHBH (Elly>Xainfried>Fjorm) because her S2 is only viable for a few attacks.

If you have S.Celliera; that would be a better Adventurer to upgrade if you want an easier time finding eHBH lobbies. Lances have a hard time finding eHBH rooms because everyone has Elly.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wait wait, about Episode 5:

I pretty much understood what was happening sans one point, the very end. Did Heinwald just alluded that he has a Nyar inside of him too and are they like spirits inside them similar to what happens in the Naruto franchise? o.o

We don't really know what is their true nature, but I don't think they're really spirits separate from their human selves. Lathna has tons of quotes where she wonders what's her true self (even one with the Nyarlathotep voice in the main screen) and her whole development in the event was about her accepting that Nyarlathotep is part of herself and is her voice too, which would be weird if it were an alien entity bonded to her. Either way, yes, the ending was suggesting Heinwald is another Nyarlathotep (or a similar creature like Hastur) and completely aware of that fact.

I'd guess Lathna's mind is split due to white Nyarlathotep getting sealed at the end of the previous event, but it's just a guess at this point. (Her adventurer story starts with her appearing right after White Nyarlathotep is sealed, which is kind of different from what actually was originally shown in the first event)

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Got into a ridiculously powerful eHZD room at a similarly ridiculously late hour last night. 0UB T2 Fleur, MUB T2 Yachi. (Other Euden was a little weaker than me.)

Got a 1:58 clear the first time and the others weren't quite as fast but still extremely good. 7 clears in a row, even with the Yachi leaving after 5 and the Euden after 6. Unfortunately... only 11 tails gained from that since got 1 tail 4 times in a row (followed thankfully by 2/3/2), which kinda sucked. But it was a very pleasant thing to suddenly experience, with barely any mistakes beyond little flubs with positioning for prisons, etc. And now I have Gleo's weapon at 2UB, and will spend the next week or 2 of weeklies on getting Geuden's to 2UB before switching back. Still feels like they're the easiest to justify getting to MUB for me until we know what the next boss is like, so that's my goal for this month I guess.

...meanwhile, as of a few days ago I have enough coins to 35/35 all my dojos! Which is maybe a problem, since I don't want to dump as much wings into IO now but also still don't really want to spend a ton of time in high dragons after TA. It's fine enough to keep throwing my energy into during 2x, especially as the event is barely a thing due to my prints, but after... well, I guess it's a raid rerunning, so I can at least throw wings there for a bit. And in general I'm thinking I'll try to use stamina for Preludes to finish dracoliths, but wings are still... Hmm.

I used Cheese Fjorm to get my Fafnir to lvl 16 and grab a HBH for the Sunlight Ore. It was such a relaxing experience since even if someone messed up it only cost you 20-40 seconds. Since eHBH, Cheese Fjorm lobbies in sHBH now take a while to fill. Fjorm is also the least useful Lance for eHBH (Elly>Xainfried>Fjorm) because her S2 is only viable for a few attacks.

If you have S.Celliera; that would be a better Adventurer to upgrade if you want an easier time finding eHBH lobbies. Lances have a hard time finding eHBH rooms because everyone has Elly.

While this is true, I would also point out to Silent that you still can use Fjorm for Extreme even if it's going to be more difficult. And, of course, it's also not that much of an investment to switch to using Elly if you have the eldwater to spare and still want to use a lance for Extreme.

So if you really want to farm Standard for a while and are fine with that cost, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to go for it. But otherwise, yeah, S. Celliera would be a very solid choice for actually doing the fight at all levels.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The answer to that is "maybe".
We don't really know what is their true nature, but I don't think they're really spirits separate from their human selves. Lathna has tons of quotes where she wonders what's her true self (even one with the Nyarlathotep voice in the main screen) and her whole development in the event was about her accepting that Nyarlathotep is part of herself and is her voice too, which would be weird if it were an alien entity bonded to her. Either way, yes, the ending was suggesting Heinwald is another Nyarlathotep (or a similar creature like Hastur) and completely aware of that fact.

I'd guess Lathna's mind is split due to white Nyarlathotep getting sealed at the end of the previous event, but it's just a guess at this point. (Her adventurer story starts with her appearing right after White Nyarlathotep is sealed, which is kind of different from what actually was originally shown in the first event)

Thanks for the replies both of you and thanks NeonZ for the explanation! Dragalia really has so many interesting and engaging story bits and honestly now I want to try and pull for Lathna and Akasha simply for their adventurer stories but I only have 5000 Wyrmite at the moment so I shouldn't. I know I could read them online but it's not the same :P I hope the Dragalia team keeps this story going somehow and who knows maybe some things will eventually tie into the main-story.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Regarding the event stories

Haven't we known that Heinwald was Nyarlathotep since the end of the Accursed Archive event? It ended with that scene where Nyarlathotep pointed out that Heinwald understood Chaos because Heinwald was Chaos. That conversation even transitions from Heinwald talking to Nyarlathotep to Heinwald talking to himself. In other words, the implication that the two were always the same.

The end of the new event mostly highlights that Heinwald is fully aware of and okay with that fact.

On a related note, I hope we get a proper raid fight out of the ongoing Nyarlathotep saga eventually, or at least a Void Nyarlathotep battle. That is bound to be weird and fun.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Regarding the event stories

Haven't we known that Heinwald was Nyarlathotep since the end of the Accursed Archive event? It ended with that scene where Nyarlathotep pointed out that Heinwald understood Chaos because Heinwald was Chaos. That conversation even transitions from Heinwald talking to Nyarlathotep to Heinwald talking to himself. In other words, the implication that the two were always the same.

The end of the new event mostly highlights that Heinwald is fully aware of and okay with that fact.

On a related note, I hope we get a proper raid fight out of the ongoing Nyarlathotep saga eventually, or at least a Void Nyarlathotep battle. That is bound to be weird and fun.

The first event's ending was kind of ambiguous about it.

It said that the fact that he understood Nyarlathotep meant he was either drawn to the abyss... or the abyss itself. So in addition to the possibility of him being one of them it could just mean he was obsessed/dominated by the occult too.

The new event's ending basically confirms that he is one of them. Although with them taking so long to clearly reveal his true nature I will be surprised at this point if he is just another Nyarlathotep rather than something more unique.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Used my last summon tickets on Stirring Shadows Pt 1 since it's ending at next reset
Gold crystal dragons appear on my last ticket
It's a rainbow lance

It's Xainfried
Nmaz2Gi.png

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Whaaaaat?! My two best bunny bois in the SAME comic?!

TtpRdSb.jpg

What have I done to deserve this wonderful blessing from Ilia?!

(Also the dialogue between Linus and Xander is even funnier when you realize that they both share the same English voice actor. lol)

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of showing more love to Luca like people wanted, they add a Luca lover.

Cygames pls

Umm.... People really don't want more Luca(who?) Content.

Anyway, I'm glad this banner is so garbage with the upcoming gala, dragonryule, ny, and gala again gauntlet.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Umm.... People really don't want more Luca(who?) Content.

As soon as I see Luca (or Euden) mentioning something, its instant skip to that event story. Doesn't matter if Luca (or Euden) is only in one part, the story is ruined for me.

Devs try to be "fun" with Luca (and Euden) making them immature, cause every gacha needs to have atleast one idiotic main character (Euden is another one). This makes it so that I skip most of the story.

Iam too old for that shit.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Ranzal is generally a meat-head but he had some pretty good backstory in chapter 7 when they went to wherever that place he was from. They could do the same with Luca. The game has an issue of being way too goofy, especially with the events. I think this upcoming raid was one of the few less silly ones.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Ranzal's background was mysterious (hence people thinking he might be the fifth brother cuz he had a darker tone like valyx) .. we already know luca's backstory from chapter 1 and the easter event. Luca and Mym are the goofy characters while Euden is the straight man.

TBH, I know people are kinda upset about the game but I'm actually liking the focus on hdts even though I really don't have the time to clear it now. The lack of a proper end game was hurting it earlier.

The amount of reruns are kinda annoying, but tbh I do like the story events in general (i thought akasha and audric's events were two of the strongest ones we have had).

There's an interview on reddit with Okada, I'm actually fine with it as I do think they need to change the baseline right now a bit.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm one of the weirdos who genuinely enjoy the High Dragon grind. Been doing 25-30 wings worth of standard and expert HMC pub runs everyday for past couple weeks or so on my main. I actually like the process of going through with randoms and having them learn the fight step by step, but that disposition is definitely at odds with how a lot of Era folks see the content. I don't like to rock the boat too much generally, so detailing my experiences isn't too appealing to me. The general atmosphere of the thread in regards to the HDTs has dissuaded me from posting much here these last couple weeks honestly.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I like the challenge of eHDTs, it's just that pubs can be bad at times and it can get discouraging. Took forever to get Jupiter clears yesterday. Though I did get my third yesterday evening after 30 minutes with one group... we kept failing in so many different ways near the end, I was so thankful to see it finally be done. I wanted to farm another unbind this week so I could switch back to Zodiark again, since I've kinda had better luck there, but that might be too much time to waste...

But as more people get stronger weapons, it should hopefully become more consistent.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
HDTs are what they are.

eHDT/mHDT have been great additions and offer a great challenge for players. Completing any eHDT PUB always feels extremely rewarding.

I think shifting player strength progression from Event Twinkling Sands to HDT Tails was a bad call. It's caused an unnecessary divide between players that do and don't play HDT. There's also the return of lobby toxicity that hasn't really been noticable since before the FEH Event. I'm waiting for the inevitable announcement that "Sorry" and "For Real" have been added to the Sticker graveyard along with "Nope".

I think the player complaints would go away if CyGames just shifted rewards down a tier: Prelude gets sHDT rewards; sHDT gets eHDT; eHDT gets mHDT. You can make mHDT like Nightmare events and have a daily completion bonus since they're semi-limited anyways.

Moving away from HDT; I've been really enjoying the recent events even if they have been reruns. The new stories for Accursed Archives were great and I hope they have a part 3 planned for next year because I love these characters/setting/storyline. I don't have Melsa so this next rerun is brand new to me. Plus MegaMan in 2 weeks. DragonYule rerun should hopefully be next month which I also missed. There's just a lot of content I'm looking forward to before the year ends.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another re-run event (Kindness and Captivity), I can just feel the excitement in here. But hey, we have a yandere for Luca at least?

If more re-runs start looking like AA/SS, which I personally consider something of a re-run/new mix, I'd be A-OKAY with that. That serves both as a story chapter (and this one was really good) and a facility catch up event. I'm looking to see how the raid is handled with Omega now since I think raid re-runs have actually been dull but if they do something nice with the Omega system here it might be alright.

I *really* liked SS.

They've been flexing some good writing since FF. And I think just dismissing a content drop that is mostly story as just a re-run is doing it a disservice.

-----

HDTs are what they are.

eHDT/mHDT have been great additions and offer a great challenge for players. Completing any eHDT PUB always feels extremely rewarding.

I think shifting player strength progression from Event Twinkling Sands to HDT Tails was a bad call. It's caused an unnecessary divide between players that do and don't play HDT. There's also the return of lobby toxicity that hasn't really been noticable since before the FEH Event. I'm waiting for the inevitable announcement that "Sorry" and "For Real" have been added to the Sticker graveyard along with "Nope".

I think the player complaints would go away if CyGames just shifted rewards down a tier: Prelude gets sHDT rewards; sHDT gets eHDT; eHDT gets mHDT. You can make mHDT like Nightmare events and have a daily completion bonus since they're semi-limited anyways.

With how HDT2s work, I don't think moving the reward structure into standard works. I've taken my now HDT2 Scelery into sHBH (to dump feathers and help) and she effectively solos the fight, like straight up Mym will just die in a matter of two minutes even if the whole team is dead and Hellfire does like 1/3rd of Scelery's HP. Standard giving just orbs for the dragons/facilities is how it should be.

However, putting some HDT parts into the weeklies for standard probably isn't a bad idea. Since it works as a way to entice people into the expert rotation with some drops from the much easier standard fights. It would also make sense to split weeklies into Prelude/Standard vs. Expert/Master, if you ask me.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
For those who purchased the Dragalia x DAOKO soundtrack, were the in-game rewards to distributed this week?

Regarding the HDTs, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, they released too much content at once, especially with Time Trials. I do hope to see something in the near future that will help elevate players who don't do HDTs work their way towards those might/strength levels of those who do.

Master HDTs honestly seem like they're set at a pretty perfect difficulty, I didn't get to try HZD before he was pulled but I have cleared HBH and HJP. I didn't actually attempt HMS and HMC more than a couple tries as I felt a little burnt out those weeks after having farmed the mHD of the week prior. Looking forward to those 2 coming back so I can complete my Surpasser of the Elements.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Void is perfectly positioned for another round of catch up weapons, so I'd expect it there.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
With how HDT2s work, I don't think moving the reward structure into standard works. I've taken my now HDT2 Scelery into sHBH (to dump feathers and help) and she effectively solos the fight, like straight up Mym will just die in a matter of two minutes even if the whole team is dead and Hellfire does like 1/3rd of Scelery's HP. Standard giving just orbs for the dragons/facilities is how it should be.

However, putting some HDT parts into the weeklies for standard probably isn't a bad idea. Since it works as a way to entice people into the expert rotation with some drops from the much easier standard fights. It would also make sense to split weeklies into Prelude/Standard vs. Expert/Master, if you ask me.
I guess the thought behind shifting rewards is that players that should probably be playing sHDT are jumping right to eHDT after their first sHDT clear because the rewards vs getherwings. I know I did for HMC. Players are rushing to eHDT for the rewards and leaving sHDT to become a wasteland. sHDT really is the best way for most players to learn HDT; moving at least some of the eHDT rewards could help normalize the PUB lobbies.

Prelude is in a weird spot. It really shouldn't sap your weekly bonus for one. Also, Advanced Dragon Spheres aren't as valuable with the release of HDT weapons. Moving Spheres from sHDT to Prelude would be more useful for newer players that need a MUB 5* Dragon or help improve their strength with the Fafnirs statues.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the thought behind shifting rewards is that players that should probably be playing sHDT are jumping right to eHDT after their first sHDT clear because the rewards vs getherwings. I know I did for HMC. Players are rushing to eHDT for the rewards and leaving sHDT to become a wasteland. sHDT really is the best way for most players to learn HDT; moving at least some of the eHDT rewards could help normalize the PUB lobbies.

Prelude is in a weird spot. It really shouldn't sap your weekly bonus for one. Also, Advanced Dragon Spheres aren't as valuable with the release of HDT weapons. Moving Spheres from sHDT to Prelude would be more useful for newer players that need a MUB 5* Dragon or help improve their strength with the Fafnirs statues.

sHDTs definitely work for a good learning point (to some degree, HMS is such a pushover in Standard that I don't think you'd learn anything, and HMC is so lax in expert with even moderately buff Victors that you may as well start in Expert for that fight as well), but with augments and void MUBs you're already mostly geared for any expert fight (this will become even more true whenever they give us weapon and dragon augments, which will drop the stat check on expert fights through the floor). So you end up stuck between the two in terms of where a unit can be in terms of doing a fight.

This is why I think putting *weekly* rewards for standard that include expert drops, probably works better than just putting expert drops in standard. Standard's no longer really meant to be where you stay, you get a clear and learn the fight and move on. Weekly chests give you a nice boost and if you're really stuck after a while the weekly chest just boosts you straight into an HDT weapon.

Prelude barely has a reason to exist any more to be quite honest.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Prelude seems like a way to just get more regular orbs at this point, since it's nearly useless for learning the fights, so I do feel like it should have separate weeklies. Well, I think you could use it to learn the fight if you have a dedicated group that wants to learn it together and is starting off by seeing the whole fight/practice positioning without wiping, but with pubs it's not going to be the case. Since little will kill you, nobody really tries to bait or engage with the mechanics much. You have to have a group that's opting in to at least trying that if you really want to learn much from it. Like when I was helping people in my alliance learn Mercury, it probably would have been a better idea to switch to Prelude because people were kinda afraid of getting in close and it would have allowed them to learn how to attack safely with more room for error. (...we never actually cleared together, I guess, but I think most of them have gone on to do so separately thanks to Expert being a thing. Though not always as their original characters, hmm.)

And yeah, I feel weird about Standard now too. It's kind of a weird gate, because it makes total sense to move on to Expert ASAP - especially for, say, Mercury or Zodiark - but that makes it even harder for other people to break through it to get access to Expert. There's no incentive to keep running it beyond the lower difficulty, since the drops are that much better on Expert even if we're just talking about orbs, but most of them still aren't pushovers so it's not that much of an appeal for me. And then you also have people (...like me, a few weeks ago) who really do jump right to Expert after 1 clear. I at least made an effort to learn separately from running, but it can be frustrating to see people clearly not know what they're doing when the requirements are much tighter. But I know I've benefited a lot from there being no additional gate, whether that'd be imposed by game or a way to tell how many times people have cleared, so... it's not like I can suggest that would be good to add. As a result, I've been trying to remember to switch my title to the relevant TA one to give people some confidence in me, but it can be hard to remember to do that (though I have it on my best one by default, which hopefully helps still).

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
From the Bahamut interview, it seems that they are prioritizing QoL update and permanent content before new event. So I guess we'll have more rerun in December then since they are making a big deal about the new end-game bosses.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
From the Bahamut interview, it seems that they are prioritizing QoL update and permanent content before new event. So I guess we'll have more rerun in December then since they are making a big deal about the new end-game bosses.

I think the logical December schedule is Megaman + Dragonryule rerun + new story chapter with Android drops.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot the new chapter releasing in December. I wonder if they will do a new story event for Drangonyule rerun, like the one we just have. 🤔

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought the facility went to lvl35 - well, guess that means I don't have to grind to finish today!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If more re-runs start looking like AA/SS, which I personally consider something of a re-run/new mix, I'd be A-OKAY with that. That serves both as a story chapter (and this one was really good) and a facility catch up event. I'm looking to see how the raid is handled with Omega now since I think raid re-runs have actually been dull but if they do something nice with the Omega system here it might be alright.

I *really* liked SS.

They've been flexing some good writing since FF. And I think just dismissing a content drop that is mostly story as just a re-run is doing it a disservice.
Yeah, AA/SS was pretty good! If this is more of a "remix" as you say, I'd be happy for that. Here's hoping they change things up a bit and don't just add on an Omega raid with nothing else changed. It could have been worse for me though, at least it's not more Void endeavors. I am tired of Void endeavors, although the rewards for them are pretty amazing.