• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Gonna need some field testing to see how both Eli's stack up as Water buffers (OG Eli still has the crown of being the best off-element pure buffer for stuff like MG/Friend Helper). Lance has higher SP generation, and the longer range let's her also generate SP in situations where axes can't, on top of OG Eli's innate 25% buff time. I feel like G! Eli's S2 needs to do massive damage to be worth having Primed Strength as the controlled unit versus being an ability that's only good as an AI (where she'll probably overtake OG Eli in water teams because she's then giving an additional 10% Strength to your best Water DPS on top of 30% Strength buffs). Guess we'll see when she launches.

Supergang

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need some field testing to see how both Eli's stack up as Water buffers (OG Eli still has the crown of being the best off-element pure buffer for stuff like MG/Friend Helper). Lance has higher SP generation, and the longer range let's her also generate SP in situations where axes can't, on top of OG Eli's innate 25% buff time. I feel like G! Eli's S2 needs to do massive damage to be worth having Primed Strength as the controlled unit versus being an ability that's only good as an AI (where she'll probably overtake OG Eli in water teams because she's then giving an additional 10% Strength to your best Water DPS on top of 30% Strength buffs). Guess we'll see when she launches.

Yeah we'll need to wait till she's released and perhaps a few days to know how good she really is. Based on the info that we have for now though, it feels that the main issue is that her role is kinda unclear/mixed.

Her S1 is a very nice buff skill but if it needs a lot of SP to build, it might not be as useful and then she also doesn't have the 25% buff time passive skill like the OG Eli too. She somehow has that Primed Strength passive which makes her seems like a DPS unit but then she only has S2 as the DPS skill.

Though in the end, real data and play will show us how good she really is later on. For now, her skills set just feels a bit strange to me.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
S! Julietta and G! Eli serve different roles; S! Julietta is primarily a DPS and G! Eli is primarily a water strength/defense buffer. If you have both on your solo team, you'd use the Jagged Rainstorm (50% skill prep) Void Weapon with Buff Time/Skill Haste Wyrmprints on G! Eli and your best DPS axe with DPS Wyrmprints on S! Julietta, so they don't really overlap. You can similarly run G! Mym/Emma together as well as use them in different co-op situations since they bring different things to a fight. G! Eli vs OG Eli is the more important question, especially since you literally can't run both on the same solo team.

Also, some artists whipped up G! Eli fan art real quick.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Gala Elisanne seems to me to be a very solid character that won't really make a splash right away because the kind of party she wants to be in for endgame doesn't currently exist.

Thinking in terms of mHBH, where the standard composition is S!Celliera/Elisanne/Lily/Thaniel. G!Elly wants to take the baiter spot, but then you'd be left with two buffers and only one DPS (and Lily isn't exactly a top tier DPS) so you're losing out. So you think to maybe drop regular Elly as well to add another DPS, but looking for a Water DPS who isn't a baiter (so not sword/dagger/axe) you're left with... not much. Regular Celliera is probably the best option here, and she has seen some success in mHBH, but she leaves a lot to be desired.

You can also use Chocolatiers G!Elly to not have to bring Choco Thaniel, but then what do you even replace him with? Thaniel could bring a healing print, but he doesn't really need extra healing in mHBH. (the healing requirements are actually lower in Master than in Expert) You could bring Nurse Aeleen, but she has the same problem where you don't really need the extra healing from her.

What Gala Elisanne is looking for to really be a force in mHBH is a strong Water DPS that uses lance/blade/bow and a new Water healer that say comes with a regen S1 and some kind of buff on S2. Akasha is the type of healer I'm thinking of here. The leak/rumor says that Xainfried is getting his 6th mana circle next month, so perhaps he can fill the first slot. Last year's Christmas units were Water so I assume the new ones we get this year will be a different element, like how the new Halloween units were. Perhaps our new set of Hinamoto characters for the Year of the Rat will be Water.

mHBH teams are really going to be looking for an excuse to drop S!Celliera since her S1 inflicting bog kinda messes things up. Like the other Master fights, mHBH can be inflicted with bog exactly once, and that chance gets wasted with S!Celliera (or S!Julietta) on the team. On the other hand, teams without those characters can safely use Leviathan to inflict bog right before break and really hammer the boss.

So I don't know if Gala Elisanne is going to be super popular in the near future. But I have a pretty good feeling that six months from now she could very well be the cornerstone of mHBH teams.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
You can also use Chocolatiers G!Elly to not have to bring Choco Thaniel, but then what do you even replace him with? Thaniel could bring a healing print, but he doesn't really need extra healing in mHBH. (the healing requirements are actually lower in Master than in Expert) You could bring Nurse Aeleen, but she has the same problem where you don't really need the extra healing from her.
Yeah, Choco G!Elly seems to be paving the way for Thaniel's eventual 5* replacement.

S! Julietta and G! Eli serve different roles; S! Julietta is primarily a DPS and G! Eli is primarily a water strength/defense buffer. If you have both on your solo team, you'd use the Jagged Rainstorm (50% skill prep) Void Weapon with Buff Time/Skill Haste Wyrmprints on G! Eli and your best DPS axe with DPS Wyrmprints on S! Julietta, so they don't really overlap. You can similarly run G! Mym/Emma together as well as use them in different co-op situations since they bring different things to a fight. G! Eli vs OG Eli is the more important question, especially since you literally can't run both on the same solo team.
S!Julietta does serve a different role than G!Elly; but S!Julietta having Bog on S1 and lack of Burn Resistance already made finding HBH PUBs difficult. Choco G!Elly will be the preferred Axe Adventurer for HBH going forward.

At least there's hope for future end boss content with S!Julietta since she is Stun Resistant; assuming the next set of bosses are the opposite infliction.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy how they've gone from sometimes free daily summons to now just always free daily tenfolds

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Free ten folds gets people to pull more. Its a psyche thing.

They probably have data suggesting its helpful for them in the long run.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pulling for Elisanne tonight despite us getting free tenfolds over the next few days. I can't wait, I need her now.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. New auto repeat feature and quest drop adjustments will be going live.

I've been holding off on farming double AoF and Smoldering Manticore endeavors to take advantage of the new drop rates.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Don't forget everybody that we're getting maintenance an hour before reset today. Do your dailies and don't save it until the last hour.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was more careful than usual about stuff today, but a reminder is always appreciated. Wish they'd just put a timer on the main screen, or something. Feels like it can be buried in the announcements at times.

I did all of the void stuff already; if 2x is gonna continue for them going forward, I'll just farm the dragons for hearts whenever. Honestly I farm anything beyond high dragons with wings tomorrow, it's probably still 2x IO. Mainly just need to figure out how much honey I should dump into AtF.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Don't forget everybody that we're getting maintenance an hour before reset today. Do your dailies and don't save it until the last hour.

Of freaking course today's the day I procrastinate and miss out on the dailies. I think this is the second or third time this has happened to me.

Maintenance at the tail end of the day lasting up until reset is complete and total BS. They also announce it days in advance in a notice, but it's on you to remember because heaven forbid they have a reminder on the home screen on the day maintenance is scheduled. It's a mind-bogglingly stupid and avoidable problem a veteran gacha company like Cygames shouldn't be making.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Maintenance for DL is a pretty infrequent occurrence. We've only had 15 of them since the game's launch, including the emergency ones like the free tenfold summon bug. Would be nice if they sent out a push notification about maintenance day, and a maintenance reminder notification the day before. If they only give a reminder on maintenance day itself though, wouldn't the people who forget to login that day still never see it?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
At least I don't have to worry about losing a day one login streak here. FGO... ;_;

I skimmed thru FGO reddit yesterday. It seemed that in JP version there was 24h maintenance yesterday or something, thanks to iOS.
Anyways Iam pulling all my skittles, got about 16k to go thru. Last Gala I got only Eudens, alot of Euderns or erm alot of Eldwater.
I need a lot of EW again so pulling alot, as soon as I get new version from Qooapp and when the game is up.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Maintenance for DL is a pretty infrequent occurrence. We've only had 15 of them since the game's launch, including the emergency ones like the free tenfold summon bug. Would be nice if they sent out a push notification about maintenance day, and a maintenance reminder notification the day before. If they only give a reminder on maintenance day itself though, wouldn't the people who forget to login that day still never see it?

Wouldn't the push notification solve that problem though? :P

source.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I skimmed thru FGO reddit yesterday. It seemed that in JP version there was 24h maintenance yesterday or something, thanks to iOS.
Anyways Iam pulling all my skittles, got about 16k to go thru. Last Gala I got only Eudens, alot of Euderns or erm alot of Eldwater.
I need a lot of EW again so pulling alot, as soon as I get new version from Qooapp and when the game is up.
At least they got to keep their streak. :(

Also:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Around 25 single tickets and the free ten-pull and I got:

Naveed (New)
Delphi (New)
G! Ranzal (New)
G! Elly (New)

I can't believe it. I didn't have to dip into my own ten-pull vouchers or wyrmite at all. Best of luck to you all!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did some summons for G Elisanne and I'm getting major G Cleo flashbacks, just a whole load of crap lol

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, with 4 Fafnirs we now get ~180k per AtF run. Also, the harder void bosses as well as all High Dragons (Standard and higher) now drop augments. Farming voids while double drops are active may be a good source of augments.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Did some summons for G Elisanne and I'm getting major G Cleo flashbacks, just a whole load of crap lol

I was prepped for crap pulls and fuckton of dupes.
Well pulls were not great, twice had 7% rate. Only one dupe tho, used free multi and 15600 skittles and started with 3 singles and thought I keep rest for later use if needed fishing.
GElly, Gilgamesh, Hawk, Hawk dupe (I was like f**k 2 multis in a row 2 Hawks), Nidhogg, Cupid & Xander (in one multi), Zephyr, Konohana Sakura.
So alot of new units & draggys (some were dupes).

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
After 40~ single tickets and 4 tenfolds (1 free, 2 tickets and 1 from wyrmites) :
Prometheus (dupe), Already have one MUB...,
Akasha (new),
Jeanne d'Arc (dupe), already have one MUB and one 1UB...,
GElly (new!),
Sylas (dupe)

Not great I would say, but at least a lot better than when I ran myself dry to get, the still elusive, GMym.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Used everything, got nothing. Was hoping to get G Elisanne and start saving for christmas/new year banners. Dang it

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Got Naveed dupe on my daily, then Apollo (2UB now) and G. Elly within 14 single tickets.

...my stockpile is ridiculous again, especially since they've given a ton of 10 tickets in the past month, but I'm not sure if I should burn some here or not. Could stand to get more dragons since I will likely need to use stones on some soon - I have no gacha wind 5* at MUB still, and similary Prom is my only MUB fire 5* - and could potentially save some. And at some point it's a waste to keep stockpiling. But not sure if it's worth it now that I got her so quickly, hmmm.

EDIT: Did the daily 10 and spent 2 10 tickets. Got a dupe Gil and Zephyr, 3UB (well one's still separate but I could probably unbind that too at this point) and 2UB respectively, now. Then junk in the last. Will do the daily 10s and decide if I wanna do more at the end.

Last edited:

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Nearly 120 pulls using only tickets got me Albert, Gala Ranzal and Takemikazuchi plus some dupe adventurers.
I'm reasonably content with that, tbh, and not sure how much I want to dip into Wyrmite to try and get my remaining Gala characters; Euden and Elly. Besides, there's still some free pulls to come, and I want to save for Christmas since I wasn't playing last year.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Used 2 pulls(one from the cygames) and got G.Eli! It was the rare gold to rainbow as the final supposed gold turned to a rainbow axe!!!!

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
190 pulls and only got Natalie as a new adventurer... 2 other dupes and like 6 5* dragons. Not even a gala character to save my life, and of course gala cleo continues to escape me T_T

Supergang

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to those who got G!Eli and best of luck for those who haven't yet (there should be 3 more 10x free rolls so don't lose hope!).

Also that Megaman video looks rad. Cygames did it again \o/

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
Got G.Elisanne in about 60 solo pulls (I was sitting on 120 singles tickets), so I'm in decent shape going forward.

One complaint about the patch: IOs still only give 2 silver coins a run. ;_; Everything else seems nice: doubled the daily bonus in Avenue of Fortune and Imperial Onslaught, increased drops in IOs, being able to use skip tickets on master IOs, augments dropping seemingly every run in Dragon Void battles, the shorter co-op timer... lots of good QoL changes.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck everyone for G!Eli! :D I don't plan to pull for her aside from Free Summons but everyone who wants her should get her :)

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
bah, cannot play online, always get a code support 13

Edit : eventually got through and could play online again!

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
on ios, did anyone else not get the free 10 fold?
I was able to do the free daily tenfold on iOS. If you're talking about the free tenfold voucher, that goes out when the forced update hits, which is at 10pm PST tonight, assuming Apple doesn't screw things up.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Free tenfold gave me nine 3* and one 4*. I'm waiting until the last day pull anyway.
One complaint about the patch: IOs still only give 2 silver coins a run. ;_;
I'm pretty sure I got 8 silver coins from a single run of IO. It seems like they just doubled the drop rewards.

I just got a few IO items from cygames in my No Limit box but I have no idea why.