• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, got a new tablet, started this up the other day after playing like 20 mins at launch...my boxes were just overflowing with rewards, sitting on tons of currency and pull tickets and I just finally unlocked the smithy lol, very generous, still shocked by the free daily 10 pull on this event.

Even more shocked how gd good the music is, and the MM event is cool as hell.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
That Mega Man Solo "story" fight was more of a challenge then I was expecting.

Leading with H!Lowen along with Elly/Gleo/Victor and iFraming Mega Man's charge attack helped. Gleo took a charge attack to the face when H!Lowen was paralyzed so no deathless yet.

I'm kind of hoping there are more neutral element boss fights like Mega Man in the future. It was fun to experiment with all of my Adventurers instead of just a mono element set.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
So Euden's voicelines have been more or less replaced with the new VA, probably due to ACTRA in regards to DL going from a non-union VA work to union VA work according to this article from a while ago. I'm guessing VAs like the old Euden and Mym weren't Union, so they were replaced by union VAs.

The Wyrmprints are really good. Waiting to see damage sims and exact damage numbers before judging Mega Man, since he probably has the most unique kit out of any adventurers we've had so far.

Has Elly changed actress too? Noticed some fairly obvious differences in some of H!Elly's lines and thought I was going daft.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Something that is easy to miss: there's a boss fight that unlocks under 'Story' once you beat Wily on Expert. I probably would have missed it (thinking the 'New' still stands for the story bit to be added on Monday) if I hadn't just clicked the Story tab for no reason.

It's pretty tough! It also is kinda-sorta the Omega equivalent of this even because it is solo only at the moment with the co-op version coming tomorrow.

It's not the only one that's like that either! Check the notices. After Master, all of the event quests are getting Superhero (Solo) and Superhero difficulties.

I haven't cleared it yet myself; probably need to control my healer and that'll do it. Got pretty close controlling Gueden as is.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Has Elly changed actress too? Noticed some fairly obvious differences in some of H!Elly's lines and thought I was going daft.

Yep, OG Eli/W! Eli/H! Eli were voiced by someone different from G! Eli. I'm guessing the new VA will replace the old VA in a later patch once they record all the lines. The same might be true for a lot of the voice cast, but aren't as necessary until characters get alt's.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, the new stamina/getherwing counters are such a huge downgrade from how they used to be. What an awful unnecessary change for no reason at all. What were they thinking? :/

I hate it so much! They wanted to cram in those two icons in the top right but it's a terrible change. It's not nearly obvious enough that they're full, and maybe this changes based on your phone but the timers are like directly touching the top of the count on my iPhone 8. It's waaaay too cramped for no real benefit. Put those 2 back at the bottom, it was fine, who cared about it?

please leave feedback telling them to change it, cause it's super bad

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Got G.Cleo from the free daily today after giving me the slip the past two galas! My wyms are vindicated now.

PaladinCharge

Nov 17, 2017
Yep, OG Eli/W! Eli/H! Eli were voiced by someone different from G! Eli. I'm guessing the new VA will replace the old VA in a later patch once they record all the lines. The same might be true for a lot of the voice cast, but aren't as necessary until characters get alt's.

Nah, she's actually voiced by the same person, but for G. Elly the actress is credited by her actual name now. Elly's old English voice credit (Ava Lindstrom) was a pseudonym, and in fact the name Ava Lindstrom was taken from a character played by the currently credited voice actor (Alison Wandzura) in a Canadian TV show: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2900758/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_47

Notably, Halloween Mym is different from Gala Mym: she's now voiced by Tabitha St. Germain. Her old credit (edit: Kelly Marie) was likely not a pseudonym for Tabitha St. Germain, as Tabitha St. Germain was one of the few VA's actually credited by name (TSG also voices Phoenix and Althemia, and has always been credited for those roles)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 24K Might team and I don't think I can beat Mega Man Solo. It's just way too much RNG with the strict timer, and the fact that he keeps sliding around. To make it worse, he has the Time Stop ability which DOESN'T stop the timer, wasting already valuable seconds while you can do nothing. To further add to this useless AI that get hit by all of his status-inflicting moves which either reduce their effectiveness or outright die because of it, making the short timer even more of a burden. It's a fun fight, but I feel should be another minute or so longer. It's just tuned way too high, especially considering this is a collaboration event.

I'm not sure if I'll keep trying or not, I'm just not having a good time. Maybe I'll try subbing Victor in for his bleed or something.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So for Mega Man I messed with my team a bit, tried a couple different things, and eventually decided to try using Ramona instead of Gueden and HLowen instead of Hilde, to allow for some synergy around defense buffs even if it meant losing the ability to block some afflictions (and swapping a MUB HD1 for a 0UB). Thankfully, that got me a clear without spending much time on it tonight. But...

9G3pt3f.png

0JhKAMt.jpg

...why is that endeavor a thing, I need to clear it 5 seconds faster somehow?

that's just rude

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 24K Might team and I don't think I can beat Mega Man Solo. It's just way too much RNG with the strict timer, and the fact that he keeps sliding around. To make it worse, he has the Time Stop ability which DOESN'T stop the timer, wasting already valuable seconds while you can do nothing. To further add to this useless AI that get hit by all of his status-inflicting moves which either reduce their effectiveness or outright die because of it, making the short timer even more of a burden. It's a fun fight, but I feel should be another minute or so longer. It's just tuned way too high, especially considering this is a collaboration event.

I'm not sure if I'll keep trying or not, I'm just not having a good time. Maybe I'll try subbing Victor in for his bleed or something.

Make sure you have a defensive healer and/or Patia. Also be sure to iframe for the AI.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you have a defensive healer and/or Patia. Also be sure to iframe for the AI.
I've been iFraming what I can, especially the storm ability (and of course the charged blast).

Anyway, I managed a clear finally, but there's no way in hell I'll be doing the 240 second run. I got deathless along with the clear, that's good enough for me. I went with H! Elissane, G! Cleo, H! Mym, and H! Lowen.

I mostly just wanted the clear so I could run the actual Trial for the title anyway, I can make do with the loss of 10 wyrmite or whatever.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They really should have switched it around and did the Trial first and then Solo. I get that they probably wanted people to learn the fight first, but I found Trial so much easier than Solo.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, is AI GElly uselessly stupid against Barbary.
When she gets her anti-knockback status, she somehow doesn't want to dodge anymore.
And when Barbary's spin attack comes in, she stays in the AOE and gets herself completely destroyed, from full HP to dead in under 1 second.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Haha ya, don't let Gelly tank a Raid boss. She'll do the same on Phraeg's eventual return to his spin.

I've been iFraming what I can, especially the storm ability (and of course the charged blast).

Anyway, I managed a clear finally, but there's no way in hell I'll be doing the 240 second run. I got deathless along with the clear, that's good enough for me. I went with H! Elissane, G! Euden, H! Mym, and H! Lowen.

I mostly just wanted the clear so I could run the actual Trial for the title anyway, I can make do with the loss of 10 wyrmite or whatever.

Grats!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For folks confused on how Mega Man works, he's pretty counter-intuitive for DL combat. Leaf Shield is a significant portion of his damage, and the way you do that damage is by clicking attack once to load up the leaf shield, NOT firing again so it stays circling Mega Man, and hugging the enemy so the leaves all continually hit that enemy before it fires off automatically. His maximum damage is on a big enemy like Dr. Wily or raid bosses because all 4 leaves can damage them every tick for 40 total hits (4 x 9 hits from each leaf, then 4 hits from firing leaf shield), while other enemies will generally get hit 22 times (2 x 9 hits from each leaf, then 4 hits from firing the leaf shield). I think his playstyle is basically to use metal blade just to apply 3 bleed both initially and whenever the bleed is close to wearing off, but otherwise try to hug enemies with Leaf Shield as much possible, swapping to pellets to mainly replenish Leaf Shield usage. This is a pretty odd way to fight, but the biggest upside is that he can have optimal damage uptime while not attacking when he's in melee range.

I'm not certain what his DPS is like compared to top tiers, but I guarantee a lot of folks calling his damage output bad day one haven't tried playing him in this way, since you'd really only know about this Leaf Shield functionality from MM2 or SSBU. It also means he's literally a worse AI than sword adventurers because the AI will never use Leaf Shield in this way.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I hate it so much! They wanted to cram in those two icons in the top right but it's a terrible change. It's not nearly obvious enough that they're full, and maybe this changes based on your phone but the timers are like directly touching the top of the count on my iPhone 8. It's waaaay too cramped for no real benefit. Put those 2 back at the bottom, it was fine, who cared about it?

please leave feedback telling them to change it, cause it's super bad

Yep, yep, yep. Glad to see someone else agrees. It's driving me nuts. I normally don't leave feedback for anything but this was an exception. They need to change it back.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to boost how many bolts you get from Megaman quests? It felt like this one takes way more than past events just to get the daily endeavor amount. Is there a wyrmprint or something?

Also I'm curious what's the reason everyone is using Halloween Lowen specifically for the megaman solo fight?

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm curious what's the reason everyone is using Halloween Lowen specifically for the megaman solo fight?

He's just a really strong healer. I'd say he's probably the second best in the game in terms of just pure healing behind Summer Verica. But of course he's 4* (and viable in HDTs where S!Verica isn't) so more people would have him.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to boost how many bolts you get from Megaman quests? It felt like this one takes way more than past events just to get the daily endeavor amount. Is there a wyrmprint or something?

The higher difficulties will drop more, but otherwise no way to boost.

Hlowen is just a really good healer: he provides a permanent HP boost, and provides a temporary Def Boost. Making it very hard for your team to die to OHKOs.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

First skill is regen heal with defense buff, second skill is team heal with a permanent HP buff (maxes at +30% after the third use), and he can use FS to charge skills 75% once. He's a really good fit for this kind of fight.

Speaking of, I'm very glad that this room not only specifically required a 6k fire healer (to the point that I could go switch to Lowen and join), but stuck around through the Marth that was originally in the room disconnecting, rejoining, and immediately disconnecting again (which is why there's no swords allowed).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
And while Summer Verica may have better pure healing, H! Lowen has better damage mitigation with Defense Ups and max health increases, which can lead to the AI surviving what would otherwise be one-shots, on top of having a better healing dragon (Phoenix vs Nidhogg/HZD).

I did several pub standard HMS clears today as Mega Man. He's pretty fun and unique, though there's a lot to keep track of. Here's the clear where I performed the least bad, but still far from perfect. Pay attention to how I use Leaf Shield if you want to improve your DPS as Mega Man.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
huh, did they add an auto-repeat feature for non-skippable content? I've NEVER noticed that before. Neat for farming for bolts specifically right now since they take quite a few battles to get...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It was just added in the latest version.

Bolts aren't that bad; Wiley drops 150 per run on Expert. I'm sure Master and Super Hero will drop even more, so between 2 dragons + Wiley a day you'll probably be set.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all, I had no idea Halloween Lowen was that good. I leveled him up and was able to beat Mega Man solo version and then solo'd the second co-op trial as well, so I appreciate the advice!

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I just realized we are going to get a new What's ahead tomorrow, potentially with some news about the 6th mana circle and the new endgame bosses.

Also don't forget that Void and Astral shops are resetting in a few hours.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'm kind of hoping there are more neutral element boss fights like Mega Man in the future. It was fun to experiment with all of my Adventurers instead of just a mono element set.
Agreed, this is what I've been wanting from the game for a bit and what I like about theorycrafting in Mercurial Gauntlet as well. Hoping the upcoming boss content encourages mixed teams to some extent.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Neutral element is really fun imo.

That said, neutral in coop just results in 4 Gleo lol.

Supergang

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They really should have switched it around and did the Trial first and then Solo. I get that they probably wanted people to learn the fight first, but I found Trial so much easier than Solo.

I agree with this. Solo is such a pain mainly because of the AIs. Once, I saw one of my party walk right to the big fire ball thingy after it's shot... They seem to only avoid the purple AoE only and once it's gone, they just don't care lol.

And that's only one example. There are other various stupid scenarios that can easily kill one of your teammates.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

I agree with this. Solo is such a pain mainly because of the AIs. Once, I saw one of my party walk right to the big fire ball thingy after it's shot... They seem to only avoid the purple AoE only and once it's gone, they just don't care lol.

And that's only one example. There are other various stupid scenarios that can easily kill one of your teammates.
Yeah, it's strange. It seems like they intended the Trial to be first (hence the word "Trial"), yet it came second.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're all really underestimating the fact that Solo locks off Trial. If literally anyone could do Trial, it wouldn't have gone nearly as easily for you. It makes way more sense to require you to do something individually to prove you know what you're doing before you group up with others.

Though I will say this kind of thing fits raids better, since there's an actual difference in character count and all that.

Also, the AI behavior is why it pays to play the healer (and have a healing dragon for emergencies). You can also go away/against a wall to bring the AI with you if you see a bad situation coming; if you force them to disengage from attacking, they won't just sit there eating his attacks.. And there's benefits to the AI behavior too... they have that wonderful ability to somehow avoid being hit on the far edge of attack fields.

How else am I going to make a quadruple-bleed team viable?!

Just so you know, bleed caps at 3 stacks. One or two characters alone will hit that.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're all really underestimating the fact that Solo locks off Trial. If literally anyone could do Trial, it wouldn't have gone nearly as easily for you. It makes way more sense to require you to do something individually to prove you know what you're doing before you group up with others.

Though I will say this kind of thing fits raids better, since there's an actual difference in character count and all that.

Also, the AI behavior is why it pays to play the healer (and have a healing dragon for emergencies). You can also go away/against a wall to bring the AI with you if you see a bad situation coming; if you force them to disengage from attacking, they won't just sit there eating his attacks.. And there's benefits to the AI behavior too... they have that wonderful ability to somehow avoid being hit on the far edge of attack fields.

Just so you know, bleed caps at 3 stacks. One or two characters alone will hit that.

... shit

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I actually love that it does this. I don't like grouping up for things feeling unprepared (people can be nasty with those stickers), so the requirement to do it solo first was great for me. The other endgame fights don't seem built for the ability to solo, since you may need special wyrmprints and such for your whole team.

Supergang

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This makes sense but even when you play a healer, AIs can still be particularly stupid. I've always disengaged myself from attacking by rolling around to try to make the AIs avoid certain attacks but even then, it won't work all the time. And the fight is particularly over even when only 1 AI teammate dies (I barely have any HDT weapons) and this is why it felt very annoying for me. And so what imho, this Solo Trial content is not exactly friendly to those who rarely do any expert or master HDT contents.

Although yes, what you said indeed is very true. It's a nice step so that people can do co-op after they have understood the whole fight. Perhaps what they can do is make the Solo Trial a bit more easier and make the Co-Op trial more difficult which would allow more people to clear both the contents.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I most likely won't be able to beat the solo trial. Using GCleo, GEuden, Hilda, Sjulietta. All MUBed. Sitting at 24.4k. It's really just the AI that is getting me killed. I don't have any HDT weapons, it's all just T3 core weapons. Some MUB some not. Haven't tried just playing the healer. I get absolutely wrecked some times because the AI just gets hit with something dumb, even when I'm anticipating the charge shot. Honestly not even sure what exactly i am doing wrong with this stuff. It just seems really RNG even if you have the skills up every time to Iframe what you can.

I really would like if they just give me the ability to group up with people. They don't make you clear HDTs solo in order to start doing them with people.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For folks still unsure about Mega Man's DPS, someone actually managed to solo Standard HMS with him using a 5.3 core fire wand, with 36 seconds to spare. On top of Leaf Shield's already huge damage in melee, apparently you can also run counter clockwise around the enemy to increase the damage further since the leaves run clockwise (so more leaves hit the boss if they're not big enough to get hit by all 4 at all times). Definitely feel like folks were jumping the gun by saying he's bad before even really understanding how his kit worked.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
a decent water healer & a dragon to put on AI, I'm okay with that. Water is pretty much the only element I don't have a decent healer to run for. (currently... S!Verica lol)

Supergang

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Say it with me, guys:

100% 👏 AFFLICTION 👏 RESISTANCE 👏 FOR 👏 3★ 👏 ADVENTURERS
Never mind about the 3* units. They have to think of a way for people to accept more units on HDT contents lol. Even 5* units if not Meta is getting "nope" emote now. For example on HZD, people are mainly running 2 Geuden, Yachiyo and Fleur now. The rest would barely get any chance now (even when it's totally possible to clear with Albert, HEli, Hilde and Lucretia).

Then again, not sure if there's actually a way to fix this as it has something to do with people preference haha. Though yeah 100% resistance for 3* adventurers would be nice.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I most likely won't be able to beat the solo trial. Using GCleo, GEuden, Hilda, Sjulietta. All MUBed. Sitting at 24.4k. It's really just the AI that is getting me killed. I don't have any HDT weapons, it's all just T3 core weapons. Some MUB some not. Haven't tried just playing the healer. I get absolutely wrecked some times because the AI just gets hit with something dumb, even when I'm anticipating the charge shot. Honestly not even sure what exactly i am doing wrong with this stuff. It just seems really RNG even if you have the skills up every time to Iframe what you can.

I really would like if they just give me the ability to group up with people. They don't make you clear HDTs solo in order to start doing them with people.

If you have Hlowen, try him. Also if you're having AI troubles, try controlling the unit furthest from him (so healer, kept at a distance) as that's who he targets with most of his dangerous stuff.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
They greatly increased the amount of rupies you can get from the infinite trade for Void Battles. Now each Void Seed can be exchanged for 480k rupies. I don't think there's really any reason to run AtF beyond the daily anymore since hitting the double drop Void Battle of the day and/or your HDT of choice with Gold Fafnirs will give you much more money.

If I were to cash in every single one of my Void Seeds and Void Leaves I'd be able to get nearly 114 million rupies from the treasure trade. You can even essentially go above the 99,999,999 rupie cap by holding onto void materials to trade in whenever you need the cash.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Never mind about the 3* units. They have to think of a way for people to accept more units on HDT contents lol. Even 5* units if not Meta is getting "nope" emote now. For example on HZD, people are mainly running 2 Geuden, Yachiyo and Fleur now. The rest would barely get any chance now (even when it's totally possible to clear with Albert, HEli, Hilde and Lucretia).

Then again, not sure if there's actually a way to fix this as it has something to do with people preference haha. Though yeah 100% resistance for 3* adventurers would be nice.

Something you should know about me is that I dearly love my 3★ sylvans, especially Renelle (who is, by far, my favorite character in the game). The way they've been neglected over the past year has been nothing short of criminal (except for Althemia, who somehow managed to get one of the very first alts, bless her). Any and all buffs that Cygames deems worthy for them I would welcome with open arms. 100% burn res for Waike and 100% bog res for Francesca would make their respective HDTs much more pleasant.

And someday there will totally be a curse-afflicting wind raid boss and my Renelle is gonna SLAY with that 100% curse res, yo. 💀

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
December will be the month of HBH runs.

Choco G!Elly seems to have stabilized PUBs with her defense coability and S2.

Jiang Ziya is just a straight up replacement for Thaniel. You just know Jiang Ziya saying "Me and my Qilin relics are about to make your lives a whole lot better" is just her throwing some shade at Thaniel. She even fishes; RIP Thaniel.

60MC should be coming to Xainfried this month; meaning me taking Dragon Daddy to 50MC wasn't a waste after all. Hopefully.

I also pulled S.Celliera with today's free pull; which is probably why I'm excited to talk about HBH for the first time in forever. I need to stop neglecting my weekly eHDT runs and build some more Water weapons.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
For the Megaman event, anything that one should focus funneling their bolts into? Been nabbing some weapons to give my low level ass a nice powerboost so far, is it worth unbinding these or are the prints better?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
For the Megaman event, anything that one should focus funneling their bolts into? Been nabbing some weapons to give my low level ass a nice powerboost so far, is it worth unbinding these or are the prints better?

You'll need to get 1,000 bolts a day for the daily summon ticket endeavor, so even if you got the bare minimum of bolts you'd have enough to buy most of the stuff in the treasure trade by the end of the event anyway. If you farm beyond the minimum you will easily be able to buy everything you can get with regular bolts.

So buy whatever will make you immediately stronger first. You'll be able to get everything else eventually anyway.