• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Are there any ERA alliances that I can join?

Assuming nothing's changed since I last posted this info, in terms of Era alliances, metalmonster is the leader of Hat Trick, Ashodin is the leader of Pact Bound, Brazil is the leader of Sabnockers, and mockingbird is the leader of The Alliance Alive. You should message them directly for space info (including your in-game name, potentially changing it if it's still Euden, since they wouldn't be able to tell that it's you).

Harusame

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Assuming nothing's changed since I last posted this info, in terms of Era alliances, metalmonster is the leader of Hat Trick, Ashodin is the leader of Pact Bound, Brazil is the leader of Sabnockers, and mockingbird is the leader of The Alliance Alive. You should message them directly for space info (including your in-game name, potentially changing it if it's still Euden, since they wouldn't be able to tell that it's you).

Awesome, thanks for the info

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten 3 nobungas this banner. I just want a mitsu or a Ieyasu...

I got HMS HDT1 wep mubbed and finally got my eHMC clear done though.

I am so torn on eHDTs. They can be so frustrating but once you find that group it is just so satisfying to get the kill. Really does feel like doing Mythic raids in WoW to me.

I pulled Jian Ziya today, so all those resources i dumped into Thaniel just go to waste. Throwing my weekly HMC stuff at a staff for her to break into eHBH

I'm going to be super wyrmite starved going into gala banner...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
With Mana Spirals I've decided to work on getting all the 3-stars to 70 MC on my main account. Here's my progress so far.

OwUs2XG.jpg

The 4 currently active are on a team getting leveled since Renelle and Xania are already maxed. Today's double Void Agni will help for the 4 not maxed yet. Missing Void mats aside from Volcanic Chimera. I've already given them all a T2 Chimera weapon from farming a ton of it on Sunday when there was double drops.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Alliance Alive is capped. Sorry. This alliance is just more for the check-in bonus than actual alliance games though.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
After I get 70 MC for all the 3-stars, I'm thinking of doing eHMS and sVolk with each of them in pubs. With the advent of 70 MC/Chimera/Agito, I'm interested in seeing how each 3-star does in eHDT and sAgito pubs, more so than the bog standard eHDT/mHDT grind with meta characters. I was able to clear eHMS in pubs on my F2P NOTTE account using Pele on Euden, so doing it with the 3-stars and Ifrit ought to be feasible. I'm a lot more excited to tackle midgame/endgame content like this compared to what I was doing before.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What do people mean when they say they are playing on a F2P NOTTE account? I get the F2P part, but what does the Notte part mean?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
With Mana Spirals I've decided to work on getting all the 3-stars to 70 MC on my main account. Here's my progress so far.

OwUs2XG.jpg

The 4 currently active are on a team getting leveled since Renelle and Xania are already maxed. Today's double Void Agni will help for the 4 not maxed yet. Missing Void mats aside from Volcanic Chimera. I've already given them all a T2 Chimera weapon from farming a ton of it on Sunday when there was double drops.

Yesssss, 3-star love for everyone and 600k+ eldwater well spent!

After I get 70 MC for all the 3-stars, I'm thinking of doing eHMS and sVolk with each of them in pubs. With the advent of 70 MC/Chimera/Agito, I'm interested in seeing how each 3-star does in eHDT and sAgito pubs, more so than the bog standard eHDT/mHDT grind with meta characters. I was able to clear eHMS in pubs on my F2P NOTTE account using Pele on Euden, so doing it with the 3-stars and Ifrit ought to be feasible. I'm a lot more excited to tackle midgame/endgame content like this compared to what I was doing before.

Fighting endgame bosses with non-meta 3-stars that hardly anyone else uses is such a gratifying experience. It's the essence of this game for me and is what keeps me coming back to it. You're gonna have a lot of fun using these characters for sure. They're a nice breath of fresh air compared to the standard predictable 5-stars we normally see in PUBs (although Xania is now suddenly a super common sight after her Mana Spiral enhancement).

I guess one humorous drawback to using them, especially for extremely rare mains like Renelle and Aurien, is that you can now no longer blend in with other common units in PUBs if you consistently screw up. So in a way there's added pressure to play well because it's obvious for other players to know who you are without remembering your username. lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
What do people mean when they say they are playing on a F2P NOTTE account? I get the F2P part, but what does the Notte part mean?

On top of not spending Wyrmite or summon tickets, I basically haven't utilized the gacha at all since starting the account (around launch week), solely using the free story characters/dragons and what we get from events/welfare to tackle content. I'll still do the free daily pulls when they come, but I don't touch whatever I get, so it more or less just affects who pops up in my Halidom screen and some Eldwater if I get dupes.

So far, after anniversary I was able to fully complete the hardest content for every event outside of the Mega Man collab. Even then, I was still able to do Brunhilda, Jupiter, and Dr. Wily on the hardest difficulty, so I was only missing some Augments in terms of actually tangible rewards. While some folks may call some welfare rewards trash, it's still good enough to tackle the majority of the content in the game, even more so with the advent of 70 MC/Chimera. I can now do eHMS just using Euden and Pele, who is strictly worse than the 4* gacha dragon Ifrit (30% Strength vs 45% Strength). I use my alt to basically determine how gacha-reliant any given content in the game is.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
is Ebisu Beginner the best way to get Silver emblems? Because I'm done with Bronze and Gold but have a ton of silver left.........

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been on and off with this game all last year. As a day 1 player, I've only managed to do standard High Midgardsormr and Mercury. I think I want to try breaking into Expert High Midgardsormr since I read it's the same exact fight but with more HP. I've used Mikoto since launch and he's sitting at around 2300 Strength. I don't think that's high enough, is it? I think I can boost him to 2700 or so if I use a Sunlight Stone on Arctos, but I have a habit of being incredibly stingy with my materials. I haven't used a single Damascus Ingot, Key, or Sunlight Stone yet.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Been on and off with this game all last year. As a day 1 player, I've only managed to do standard High Midgardsormr and Mercury. I think I want to try breaking into Expert High Midgardsormr since I read it's the same exact fight but with more HP. I've used Mikoto since launch and he's sitting at around 2300 Strength. I don't think that's high enough, is it? I think I can boost him to 2700 or so if I use a Sunlight Stone on Arctos, but I have a habit of being incredibly stingy with my materials. I haven't used a single Damascus Ingot, Key, or Sunlight Stone yet.

What weapon are you using? Cause that's extremely low, yeah. Rather, 2300 is about what I'd have considered "acceptable" in the early days of only having 1 print for Standard, so...

If you want to do eHMS first, you probably want the Chimera weapon (farm it on Sunday, there's 2x then). Then as Numberfox showed, you can technically get by with even Pele... but you should realistically use Ifrit at worst, and ideally a MUB 5*.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017

Might be easier off for you to just heal it. My first kills were done with H!lowen. It's a pretty easy fight to heal as long as you only get stunned at the beginning explosion. Chimera wep prob makes breaking into eHMS as a DPS a lot easier though.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What weapon are you using? That's extremely low, yeah.

If you want to do eHMS first, you probably want the Chimera weapon (farm it on Sunday, there's 2x then). Then as Numberfox showed, you can technically get by with even Pele... but you should realistically use Ifrit at worst, and ideally a MUB 5*.
I'm using a bound 5.3 weapon. The Chimera weapon is the new Void weapon, right? What can I do between now and Sunday? Should I try tackling the other Standard Trials?

Might be easier off for you to just heal it. My first kills were done with H!lowen. It's a pretty easy fight to heal as long as you only get stunned at the beginning explosion. Chimera wep prob makes breaking into eHMS as a DPS a lot easier though.
I have Valentine Hildegarde, maybe that's an option. Does she need a 5.3 or Void weapon?

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using a bound 5.3 weapon. The Chimera weapon is the new Void weapon, right? What can I do between now and Sunday? Should I try tackling the other Standard Trials?

I have Valentine Hildegarde, maybe that's an option. Does she need a 5.3 or Void weapon?

V!Hilda is also really viable healer. I did it with a mubbed 5.3 and no one seemed to negative sticker spam me or leave the groups I put together.

I also think you should just be making the groups if you are going to heal it. A lot easier to get stuff going that way.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
V!Hilda is also really viable healer. I did it with a mubbed 5.3 and no one seemed to negative sticker spam me or leave the groups I put together.

I also think you should just be making the groups if you are going to heal it. A lot easier to get stuff going that way.
Is it necessary to unbind it? Like I said, I'm really stingy with my materials, especially the Ingots and Stones, especially for a weapon I'll only use for one character and one quest. I've been using this calculator. Are those default Wyrmprints fine to use as well?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is it necessary to unbind it? Like I said, I'm really stingy with my materials, especially the Ingots and Stones, especially for a weapon I'll only use for one character and one quest. I've been using this calculator. Are those default Wyrmprints fine to use as well?

You should know that 5.3s really aren't worth much now beyond unlocking the HD weapons (you need the corresponding 5.3 and void weapon w/ bane to unlock crafting each HD with high dragon mats, no unbinding necessary on them though). Even the regular Void bane weapons for HMS/HBH got buffed from 20%->30% bane now, though there's no reason to use them over Chimera for HMS.

(EDIT: For context, it looks like a 5.3 blade is 491 strength at 0UB, 572 at MUB. Meanwhile, Chimera is 911 at 0UB, 1061 at MUB. So... big difference leaving the 5.3 behind! And the Chimera is still technically less than an HD1, thanks to the bane on the HD1. Though the strength buffing ability helps.)

You should MUB the weapons you're using to break into Expert, whether it's Chimera for eHMS or the Void bane for Brun, Mercury, or Zodiark (Jupiter requires HD1). Forget about using ingots entirely though; save those for HD2s way down the line. Just farm the materials for the unbinds. It's really not that many runs if you have a team that can auto it, bad luck with the rare horn drops aside. If you can't auto... well, that's not ideal, but it still won't be so bad to co-op your way to it.

Unfortunately, the other thing I'd point to that could help is the Void boss (Phantom) that lets you make weapons that are good against Chimera, since that may help with that auto-ing... but apparently that 2x day was Monday. So there's not much you can do between now and Sunday that will directly help you progress, but the other Standard fights are worth looking into, sure.

That's the DPS sim, not the calculator.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You should know that 5.3s really aren't worth much now beyond unlocking the HD weapons (you need the corresponding 5.3 and void weapon w/ bane to unlock crafting each HD with high dragon mats, no unbinding necessary on them though). Even the regular Void bane weapons for HMS/HBH got buffed from 20%->30% bane now, though there's no reason to use them over Chimera for HMS.

You should MUB the weapons you're using to break into Expert, whether it's Chimera for eHMS or the Void bane for Brun, Mercury, or Zodiark (Jupiter requires HD1). Forget about using ingots entirely though; save those for HD2s way down the line. Just farm the materials for the unbinds. It's really not that many runs if you have a team that can auto it, bad luck with the rare horn drops aside. If you can't auto... well, that's not ideal, but it still won't be so bad to co-op your way to it.

Unfortunately, the other thing I'd point to that could help is the Void boss (Phantom) that lets you make weapons that are good against Chimera, since that may help with that auto-ing... but apparently that 2x day was Monday. So there's not much you can do between now and Sunday that will directly help you progress, but the other Standard fights are worth looking into, sure.

That's the DPS sim, not the calculator.
Oh, all right, so I can just go all in on farming Chimera weapons when the opportunity arises. I was able to beat the Standard difficulty for that when it first came out. I'll wait until Sunday to farm it. Thanks!

Edit: I just saw that to craft the Chimera weapon, I need a specific Void Weapon. To craft that weapon, I need to farm materials from any Manticore. Luckily one of them is on Double Drops for another hour, so I'll go ahead and do that.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, all right, so I can just go all in on farming Chimera weapons when the opportunity arises. I was able to beat the Standard difficulty for that when it first came out. I'll wait until Sunday to farm it. Thanks!

You'll want to aim for Expert if you can. I'm not sure how the drops for Standard work, hmm.

...also, as a heads up, that weapon is going to cost like 14m rupies or something like that, so... I hope you've been farming those a bit, haha.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You'll want to aim for Expert if you can. I'm not sure how the drops for Standard work, hmm.

...also, as a heads up, that weapon is going to cost like 14m rupies or something like that, so... I hope you've been farming those a bit, haha.
Oh, god, is that the cost for a fully unbound one? I definitely slept on Rupie farming.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yesssss, 3-star love for everyone and 600k+ eldwater well spent!

Fighting endgame bosses with non-meta 3-stars that hardly anyone else uses is such a gratifying experience. It's the essence of this game for me and is what keeps me coming back to it. You're gonna have a lot of fun using these characters for sure. They're a nice breath of fresh air compared to the standard predictable 5-stars we normally see in PUBs (although Xania is now suddenly a super common sight after her Mana Spiral enhancement).

I guess one humorous drawback to using them, especially for extremely rare mains like Renelle and Aurien, is that you can now no longer blend in with other common units in PUBs if you consistently screw up. So in a way there's added pressure to play well because it's obvious for other players to know who you are without remembering your username. lol

A big proponent to why I'm a lot more interested now in tackling stuff with 3-stars is that previously you generally needed to have a maxed out build (full Augments, maxed facilities, HD weapon, MUB 5* gacha dragon) to even put out comparable damage to a meta adventurer with a lot less investment. It was really only something someone would d if they were really invested in that character. Now with the addition of the 70MC, they are legitimately on the same level as meta adventurers, and the addition of the Chimera weapons means they might be a legitimate option to use when breaking into the eHDTs, especially since the 3-stars and 4-stars don't require tails for 70 MC like the 5-stars do. It ultimately gives a player a lot more options if they want to pursue getting into the endgame, whereas it was relatively stricter before.

I want to see how viable it is to get any of the 6 3-stars an eHMS pub clear using Ifrit (maybe Phoenix for Aurien) assuming you do the prep beforehand (T2 maxed Chimera, 70 MC, full Augments), as that'll give me decent insight on how others can similarly do that if they're interested.
Oh, god, is that the cost for a fully unbound one? I definitely slept on Rupie farming.

Do you have 4 MUB Gold Fafnirs? That'd be something to work on getting through Void battles as you wait for Sunday, especially with the half-stamina event going on right now for Fortune.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see how viable it is to get any of the 6 3-stars an eHMS pub clear using Ifrit (maybe Phoenix for Aurien) assuming you do the prep beforehand (T2 maxed Chimera, 70 MC, full Augments), as that'll give me decent insight on how others can similarly do that if they're interested.

I really doubt Ifrit would be too much of a problem if you already have that stuff and facilities maxed? Like it's not that much strength lost; I wouldn't advise it nor would I go out of my way to play with someone using Ifrit, but I don't think it'd exactly be a problem to get a clear, hmm.

Honestly, the issues would be 1. getting people to take you, and 2. having the co-abilities to live in Xania's case?

(I've definitely run with some Ifrit-users in pubs fwiw, though I forget what units they used.)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I really doubt Ifrit would be too much of a problem if you already have that stuff and facilities maxed? Like it's not that much strength lost; I wouldn't advise it nor would I go out of my way to play with someone using Ifrit, but I don't think it'd exactly be a problem to get a clear, hmm.

Honestly, the issues would be 1. getting people to take you, and 2. having the co-abilities to live in Xania's case?

(I've definitely run with some Ifrit-users in pubs fwiw, though I forget what units they used.)

From my experience folks mostly only care about your Might over your exact stats/gear; people don't even really care if you're using Glorious Tempest from what I've seen since I use GT on my Pele Euden. People see my 8K Might and just give me the go ahead.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
From my experience folks mostly only care about your Might over your exact stats/gear; people don't even really care if you're using Glorious Tempest from what I've seen since I use GT on my Pele Euden. People see my 8K Might and just give me the go ahead.

what would you say is a good amount of Might/Strength to break into Standard/Expert Trials? I've never even tried.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
what would you say is a good amount of Might/Strength to break into Standard/Expert Trials? I've never even tried.

For just standard HMS, having a maxed volcanic weapon, and making sure you survive the opening blast is literally all you need I think. A 45 MC Euden with a MUB T2 chimera weapon, MUB Ifrit, MUB Glorious Tempest, and MUB The Shining Overlord without any Augments or facilities is already at 6K Might and 3.1K Strength.To put this into perspective, a 45 MC Euden with a MUB core weapon would literally need fully maxed out facilities (aside from Agito tree/HBH Fafnir statue) and full strength augments to reach that strength/Might range. Gonna need to do more eHMS pubs to give a definitive answer for that one, which I'll be doing in the coming weeks.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
For just standard HMS, having a maxed volcanic weapon, and making sure you survive the opening blast is literally all you need I think. A 45 MC Euden with a MUB T2 chimera weapon, MUB Ifrit, MUB Glorious Tempest, and MUB The Shining Overlord without any Augments or facilities is already at 6K Might and 3.1K Strength.To put this into perspective, a 45 MC Euden with a MUB core weapon would literally need fully maxed out facilities (aside from Agito tree/HBH Fafnir statue) and full strength augments to reach that strength/Might range. Gonna need to do more eHMS pubs to give a definitive answer for that one, which I'll be doing in the coming weeks.

Interesting, I didn't think Chimera was THAT much better. I've only crafted a Chimera for Emma, can I just take her with Halidom Grooms & Glorious Tempest & MUB Ifrit?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Interesting, I didn't think Chimera was THAT much better. I've only crafted a Chimera for Emma, can I just take her with Halidom Grooms & Glorious Tempest & MUB Ifrit?

That's probably fine for Emma in sHMS if she's at 45 MC, just make sure to play safe since you're the wrong resistance. I think From Whence He Came would also be better than Halidom Grooms with that setup since Emma doesn't have a skill that's affected by energy when using the chimera weapon.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably fine for Emma in sHMS if she's at 45 MC, just make sure to play safe since you're the wrong resistance. I think From Whence He Came would also be better than Halidom Grooms with that setup since Emma doesn't have a skill that's affected by energy when using the chimera weapon.

ah, because I should use a stun-res character instead?

... alright, Gala Sarisse it is since I already have her at 50MC. Guess I'll grind her out a volcanic next.

(or I see if I have Xuan Yang and waste a bunch of resources unlocking mana circles lol)

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't posted in here in a while, since discord is more my thing for DL.

But I'll just note that eVolk is perhaps the best fight they've done. Its such a fun "mess" of a fight in Phase 2.

Also the whole of the NY/end of December update has been great!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
ah, because I should use a stun-res character instead?

... alright, Gala Sarisse it is since I already have her at 50MC. Guess I'll grind her out a volcanic next.

(or I see if I have Xuan Yang and waste a bunch of resources unlocking mana circles lol)

Having the incorrect resistance isn't that big of a detriment, mHMS literally has a full sleep res meta comp (Rena, Ramona, Emma, H! Lowen). It's just that you gotta play safer than stun-res adventurers since getting hit can potentially lead to death, especially if you're new. I'd say to change your name to "NewToHMS," host a lobby and see what happens. Emma is an incredibly meta character for HMS, so she's a good one to learn if you've already invested.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So Quick question, how strong are 70 units? The last part of the unbound process makes it seem like they do 2x damage

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So Quick question, how strong are 70 units? The last part of the unbound process makes it seem like they do 2x damage

70 MC units range from comparable to decent 5* gacha units to literally the top of the meta, so they're overall incredibly solid units to invest in, whomever you like most. The only iffy investment is Aurien since the other fire healers are still significantly better at healing even after the upgrade, though he's easily the strongest DPS Fire healer if you don't need a lot of healing.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So I finally just got my first clear in Expert HBH with Waike and I'm super pumped, but something crazy coincidental happened: I somehow first-cleared with the same player in Expert HBH PUBs that I ALSO first-cleared with in Standard HBH PUBs last summer! 🤯 Dude's been my good luck charm ever since I friended him after one of my favorite HMS runs when he was maining Alain, and he also has a variety of promoted 3-star adventurers as his friend helper which I appreciate very much. lol

So Renji, if you're reading this, thanks for being a great player and for helping me get those clears. I guess I'll see you in Master HBH soon enough!

is Ebisu Beginner the best way to get Silver emblems? Because I'm done with Bronze and Gold but have a ton of silver left.........

Don't forget you get a minimum of 100 silver emblems from the daily grand bounty in Nightmare so it might not be worth the hassle of grinding Beginner for them since you'll be accruing them that way anyway.

A big proponent to why I'm a lot more interested now in tackling stuff with 3-stars is that previously you generally needed to have a maxed out build (full Augments, maxed facilities, HD weapon, MUB 5* gacha dragon) to even put out comparable damage to a meta adventurer with a lot less investment. It was really only something someone would d if they were really invested in that character. Now with the addition of the 70MC, they are legitimately on the same level as meta adventurers, and the addition of the Chimera weapons means they might be a legitimate option to use when breaking into the eHDTs, especially since the 3-stars and 4-stars don't require tails for 70 MC like the 5-stars do. It ultimately gives a player a lot more options if they want to pursue getting into the endgame, whereas it was relatively stricter before.

Do you have 4 MUB Gold Fafnirs? That'd be something to work on getting through Void battles as you wait for Sunday, especially with the half-stamina event going on right now for Fortune.

It's still bizarre to think of 3-stars in the same breath as "meta" but I'll cherish it while it lasts. lol

And I'll obviously be very much looking forward to your reports on your eHMS clears with those adventurers, so good luck! 👍

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally found a way to break into pub Expert High Zodiark. Match making is abysmal if you didn't have a high enough might but you can't get a high enough might unless you had a HDT weapon. Giving Gala Euden a MUB HDT2 sword from any of the other elements ended up working in getting me into rooms and clearing easily.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Which is the easiest, or at least easier HDT weapon to try and work towards first?

I finally got my OG Euden a Inferno Apogee Sword for HMS.

Hes currently at 5,964 might (HP: 2122, Strength: 2367) with Resounding Rendition and Glorious Tempest, and for a dragon Im still using Ifirit until I can unbind a better dragon for him.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
ended up getting stuck as Euden a couple times last night when I joined some eHMS rooms only to find everyone else was ranged too, so it's a good thing I practiced baiting this weekend

...almost got a clear as him too, even though I died near the end, but for whatever reason I decided to take a screenshot and

locked my phone

RIP

Which is the easiest, or at least easier HDT weapon to try and work towards first?

I finally got my OG Euden a Inferno Apogee Sword for HMS.

Hes currently at 5,964 might (HP: 2122, Strength: 2367) with Resounding Rendition and Glorious Tempest, and for a dragon Im still using Ifirit until I can unbind a better dragon for him.

I'm not 100% sure that sword's good enough. Well, it looks like it'd be stronger for you than a MUB 5.3 after bane is considered (and still even about the same as a MUB 5.3 would be with Agni/Cerb), so it's probably ok. But it's weaker than a Chimera, which is weaker than an HD1. So make sure you're playing the best you can to make up for it, haha; you're likely going to be the weakest person on your team from a stats perspective. Honestly the might will likely be a bigger problem, because that's very very low for getting into good eHMS rooms, but I'm guessing you haven't maxed him yet...? It's kind hard to tell without more info on your facilities + augments. (And you won't be using either of those prints, fwiw.)

Anyway, a 0UB HD1 weapon requires 18 high dragon tails and they drop 1-3 at a time from Expert, 3-5 per Expert weekly. So in the absolute worst case where you have weeklies, you get a weapon after 9 clears (9 drops of 1 + 3 weeklies with 3). Best case, you get it in just those 3 weekly clears. Without weeklies, obviously, that's 6-18 clears per weapon/unbind. So we're kinda talking "what's the easiest dragon to get a few clears in", then?

And that sorta depends on your units, so if you share that we can give more specific advice. In general, though - eHMC is probably the easiest to handle with just Void weapons so it would probably be a good fit. eHBH should be similar given the Void bane buff to 30%, but I can't really speak to how well that goes; guessing it's fine, but you might as well do Mercury first to get a 0UB HD1 if you can help it, since HBH can get pretty dangerous if you let it get near the end. eHMS has the harshest dps requirements of that cycle, and previously required MUB 5.3 (don't do this) at worst if you didn't have an HD1; your Void might be fine since it's been buffed, but worst case you can go get a Chimera weapon if you really want to start there. I think I'd suggest eHMS or eHMC first as a result; they're also mechanically easier than the others so they're probably easier to clear more when you're just starting ont hem?

Meanwhile, eHJP needs an HD1, so you'll have to tackle eHZD first for that cycle. Thankfully, eHZD is not much worse than Standard, and assuming you can get the early break you need, you will probably have to worry more about surviving than timing out even with an all Void room. I found both of them to be relatively easy to farm in pubs once I had an HD1, but getting to that point can be a little frustrating.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to start predictably with Xania since she's already max level for me, but opted to go with the minimum build of Ifrit, Resounding Rendition, and Glorious Tempest with a T2 chimera weapon (all MUB'd) and full Augments, so literally anyone can replicate it for eHMS and sVolk. Unsurprisingly enough, it was very quick and reliable PUB clears even with this more budget build, finishing all the weeklies within an hour. Given her super meta status, she's easily accepted in pubs, so the more interesting evaluations will come when I do the other 5.
G4TMPqU.jpg
h70W8hz.jpg
9lX0Nae.jpg
lkasm6A.jpg
BU61AF4.jpg
tUKDp4e.jpg
XBqDIGJ.jpg
UFf0azw.jpg
Random tips would be to make sure to fire off her S1 at HMS when you know he's stationary; it's a projectile that can miss if he moves. Stick to where the healer is standing during the spit ball phase so you let the baiter have a wider area to bait in. If you can, try to fire off your skills while some of your attack projectiles are in the air, so that you actually build SP in the middle of performing your skill.

Assuming you don't have the Flame tree or limited facilities, you need maxed Flame Altars, max Magma Slime Statue, and 24/24 wand dojo's to survive eHMS's opening blast with this build.

Assuming you have the Flame tree but not the limited facility, with a level 10 tree (which you can achieve without any gold Volk drops, solely off the silver ones from grinding sValk), you only need a maxed Magma Slime Statue, 20/20 Flame Altars, and 16/16 Wand dojo's to survive eHMS's opening blast.

For sHMS, a 50 MC Xania with a MUB T2 chimera weapon and full Augments can survive sHMS's opening blast with literally no facilities. I would recommend at least 52 MC though so Xania can have 100% Stun resistance. Use this build calculator to figure your minimum build investment given your personal facility situation, as each facility level lowers the Augment requirement.

For sVolk, there's no strict HP check, so you could literally go from sHMS straight to sVolk. However, if you want to be easily accepted into sVolk's pubs, work on Xania's MC and facilities to bring yourself up to around 7K Might. A 70 MC Xania with full Augments already reaches 7.2K Might, so there's a decent amount of wiggle room.
(And you won't be using either of those prints, fwiw.)

The Shining Overlord would be better than Resounding Rendition, and the weapon ought to be T2 chimera weapon. However, if we're just talking about sHMS, I don't think he really needs to go fully offensive with his prints, especially with the chimera weapon. He'll literally have 3.1K Strength on a 45 MC Euden with MUB Ifrit and 0 facilities or Augments if he uses a MUB T2 chimera weapon with TSO/GT, which seems more than enough to me.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Did some grinding over the past week or so to build a T2 dagger for Ezelith to take into eVolk.

mHBH was thankfully kind to me as I was able to rather quickly find a group of really good Japanese players who were patient with me as I got used to the X-Muspelheim meteors again. I was a MUB T1 Jiang Ziya while the others were the Gelly/Lily/Lily set up and I'm pretty sure they all had T2s since they were all in the 8k+ range in terms of might. Being able to Bog mHBH on break is so freaking good as she just melts afterwards. On a number of the runs we were literally standing around waiting for the second Hellfire phase to start up so we could break during it and avoid the annoying meteor to Hellfire combo mHBH does.

I saved my weekly chests last week for the mHBH clears and got enough horns just from those three clears. Then it was plenty of eHBH for tails and oh boy was that a mixed bag. A lot of groups were totally fine, but I'd hit stretches where it seemed like no one had a clue. There was a veritable legion of terribly equipped Gala Elisannes I had to dodge. Hands down the worst print combo I ever saw on a Gelly was one that was running Volcanic Queen and Levin's Champion. I wasn't sure whether to scream or cry.

But with the dagger made and MUBbed with ingots, I got my first Expert Volk clear today. The fight is certainly much different from how HDTs are set up, and I think I'm with the majority or the playerbase when I say I think I like it better this way. It is much more hectic than an HDT fight, but a mistake won't cost you the run. It makes the fight a bit more exciting since there's so much to react to whereas the HDTs fall into an easy pattern once you get used to them. That does made HDTs more laid back once you get over the hump, though. (and yeah, it can be a pretty big hump!)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
All the 3-stars are now 70 MC on my main.

uzLI95A.jpg

Since Exp crystals are now legitimately an important resource again, I've decided to literally use 4 MUB Bronze Fafnirs and grind the NY raid event with them. Folks are willing to grind Nightmare with my team since my Boosted Might is so huge even with Bronze Fafnirs.

oj9Hg74.jpg

N4x66fX.jpg

coZ8Aif.jpg

Definitely makes the event grind more engaging, plus the Adventurer exp is put to good use.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Been throwing my stamina into Power for crystals while leveling people lately, along with a little bit of regular dragons for getting my dracoliths closer to done. It's just light and water left in the high 1_s at this point, and since I'd still be mainly using Geuden for any eHZD running it's a little silly not to grab a few extra %s of damage by getting the last few levels of light. An alliance member pointed out doing ruins for the rainbow orbs, though, which... yeah, guess I'll be running ruins again for a while to stock up. I'm fairly low due to getting so greedy/indecisive with my Spiral upgrades; I don't think I needed to go so far in fire, when it's probably one of my teams that already had the most power, oops. These slower events can prompt some bad decisions out of boredom, maybe...

...also do need to switch my raid team back into leveling people w/ bronze fafnirs for the rest of it, yeah. I had a few in it but switched them out for Omega (was waiting for Nightmare to cover the bronze key, so I did Solo + Raid together as soon as the Raid unlocked), then forgot to switch back, oops.

The Shining Overlord would be better than Resounding Rendition, and the weapon ought to be T2 chimera weapon. However, if we're just talking about sHMS, I don't think he really needs to go fully offensive with his prints, especially with the chimera weapon. He'll literally have 3.1K Strength on a 45 MC Euden with MUB Ifrit and 0 facilities or Augments if he uses a MUB T2 chimera weapon with TSO/GT, which seems more than enough to me.

This is true, but since they're asking about HD weapons, I assumed they'd want to immediately go into Expert with a nominal Standard clear to unlock it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
ended up getting stuck as Euden a couple times last night when I joined some eHMS rooms only to find everyone else was ranged too, so it's a good thing I practiced baiting this weekend

...almost got a clear as him too, even though I died near the end, but for whatever reason I decided to take a screenshot and

locked my phone

RIP

I'm not 100% sure that sword's good enough. Well, it looks like it'd be stronger for you than a MUB 5.3 after bane is considered (and still even about the same as a MUB 5.3 would be with Agni/Cerb), so it's probably ok. But it's weaker than a Chimera, which is weaker than an HD1. So make sure you're playing the best you can to make up for it, haha; you're likely going to be the weakest person on your team from a stats perspective. Honestly the might will likely be a bigger problem, because that's very very low for getting into good eHMS rooms, but I'm guessing you haven't maxed him yet...? It's kind hard to tell without more info on your facilities + augments. (And you won't be using either of those prints, fwiw.)

Anyway, a 0UB HD1 weapon requires 18 high dragon tails and they drop 1-3 at a time from Expert, 3-5 per Expert weekly. So in the absolute worst case where you have weeklies, you get a weapon after 9 clears (9 drops of 1 + 3 weeklies with 3). Best case, you get it in just those 3 weekly clears. Without weeklies, obviously, that's 6-18 clears per weapon/unbind. So we're kinda talking "what's the easiest dragon to get a few clears in", then?

And that sorta depends on your units, so if you share that we can give more specific advice. In general, though - eHMC is probably the easiest to handle with just Void weapons so it would probably be a good fit. eHBH should be similar given the Void bane buff to 30%, but I can't really speak to how well that goes; guessing it's fine, but you might as well do Mercury first to get a 0UB HD1 if you can help it, since HBH can get pretty dangerous if you let it get near the end. eHMS has the harshest dps requirements of that cycle, and previously required MUB 5.3 (don't do this) at worst if you didn't have an HD1; your Void might be fine since it's been buffed, but worst case you can go get a Chimera weapon if you really want to start there. I think I'd suggest eHMS or eHMC first as a result; they're also mechanically easier than the others so they're probably easier to clear more when you're just starting ont hem?

Meanwhile, eHJP needs an HD1, so you'll have to tackle eHZD first for that cycle. Thankfully, eHZD is not much worse than Standard, and assuming you can get the early break you need, you will probably have to worry more about surviving than timing out even with an all Void room. I found both of them to be relatively easy to farm in pubs once I had an HD1, but getting to that point can be a little frustrating.
Are you serious lol? Here I was so excited yesterday after finally grinding enough to make that sword lol. So which flame sword should I be working towards then for HMS? Or just in general? I thought since it had a HMS Bane on it, that was the one to work towards first.

EDIT: Oh btw im just starting out on the High Dragons. My Euden is level 83 with 51 mana circle unlocks or whatever they are called. I got a late start on my facilities since I didnt know they actually buffed characters at first lol. Is there a way to take a pic of just all the current stats my castle provides? Im leveling up a Sword Dojo to lvl 30 now, and ive got a flame altar at lvl 21, and a Magma Slime at lvl 4.

I dont have too many Wyrmprints atm. Didnt know about being able to buy them at the shop at first, so im playing catch up with those still.

Euden is probably my go to character, which is why im focusing on him first.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
This is true, but since they're asking about HD weapons, I assumed they'd want to immediately go into Expert with a nominal Standard clear to unlock it.

Euden actually can't live 100% of the time in eHMS without Glorious Tempest if he's using MUB Ifrit, even with a maxed chimera weapon, 70 MC, full Augments, and all non-limited facilities maxed aside from the Flame Tree/Flame Fafnir statue. He needs the Arctos statue to survive the opening blast if he wants to go full offensive. However, even if he's forced to use Glorious Tempest, Euden can still reach 4K Strength using a maxed chimera weapon with 70 MC/full Augments along with just 9/9 Flame Altars, maxed Magma Slime Statue, and 16/16 sword dojo's. I think Glorious Tempest is a valid pick if someone doesn't have their facilities maxed yet, and isn't a huge DPS detriment from my eHMS pubbing experience. Assuming folks have 70 MC and chimera weapons, runs are more likely to fail from someone dying partway through than from timing out.

Are you serious lol? Here I was so excited yesterday after finally grinding enough to make that sword lol. So which flame sword should I be working towards then for HMS? Or just in general? I thought since it had a HMS Bane on it, that was the one to work towards first.

Basically, the Agito/Chimera update changed weapon crafting priority to where the Chimera weapons from the Volcanuc Chimera will be the best weapons to use on flame adventurers until you can tackle mHBH. Previously, the weapon you crafted was the best option for specifically HDTs, but Volcanic Chimera now gives a weapon that's significantly stronger in both general content and even HDTs as well. Crafting that void dragon weapon at least allows you to now make a fire HD weapon once you've tackled eHBH. Once you have a MUB T2 Chimera weapon for Euden, he can easily tackle sHMS, and then fully getting him 70 MC will make him viable for eHMS, where you can craft your first HD weapon for Wind, which you can use to tackle HMC.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Those weapons were designed for Standard, and even then the HMS and HBH ones were fairly underpowered as they only had 20% bane. With HMC they changed it to 30%, and for HJP and HZD they actually came out ahead of the trial's release. So it became recommended to use them by default for HJP/HZD, at least, because the higher bane did actually make up for the lower strength (with a few exceptions). And now with the HMS and HBH weapons recently being boosted to 30% bane, it should be totally fine to use them for Standard as well.

...but that's Standard. The Expert bosses do not have proportionate changes in HP across them, so while all of them can be done with HD1s, some of them are easier to do with weaker weapons than others (as I went over in that post). eHMS is one of the more demanding ones, so the advice was "just use a HD1, or MUB 5.3 if you really want to try breaking into the cycle there", but that's still a huge gap in strength + bane to cover between 5.3 and HD1. But now we have the new Chimera weapons from Volcanic Chimera (2x drops on Sundays btw), which have their own jump in raw stats. These are actually stronger than HD1s outside of fighting eHMS, with the potential to overcome an HD1 in eHMS with their ability.

(...I had some bad strength math here too, but after wasting a tooooon of time poking around the Discord and now even messing with the simulator's code for a bit, I couldn't find a way to verify it. Whoops. But this much should be correct.)

EDIT: also, Numberfox, fair point - I think you could also potentially use Flash of Genius, but it looks like that'd require beefy facilities to not be roulette so I'm guessing that's not viable here, hmm

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
The popularity of H!Lowens and Choco Emmas definitely eases the health check in HMS' higher difficulties. Heck, Xania can run full offense prints in mHMS with those two around.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, HLowen if not also Emma can definitely help with that.

you'd think I'd have remembered that, as someone running Xania w/ CC+EE, but