• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was lucky enough to pull Marishiten and Mitsuhide in my last multi summon. I want Nobunaga, but it's probably a fool's errand to chase one character. Guess I'll just wait until next year.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
To re-iterate to newer folks, endgame progression now goes: Eolian Phantom Strike for anti-Volcanic Chimera weapons -> Volcanic Chimera for VC weapons -> Standard HMS to do Standard Volk -> Standard Volk to either get a maxed Flame Tree or a 0UB 6* weapon -> eHMS to build Wind HD1 weapons for HMC -> eHMC for Water HD1 weapons -> mHBH to build fire HD2 weapons -> eVolk to build MUB 6* weapons or mHMS to build wind HD2 weapons -> mHMC to build water HD2 weapons.

It's important to keep in mind, however, that eHDTs and mHDTs are basically optional. Because you gain gold Volk materials in weekly chests from stand Volk, you'll eventually have a 6* MUB weapon every 50 weeks, which is equivalent to a MUB HD2 weapon. So instead of going into the eHDT/mHDT grind cycle after clearing sVolk, you can just stay put there and eventually go directly into eVolk after 50 weeks of grinding sVolk weekly chests if you don't enjoy HDTs. They're essentially two alternate paths to the same endgame, just a matter of which one you prefer to do. You do need to do eHDTs though to get 5-star adventurers their full 70 MC, whereas 4-star and 3-star adventurers just need orbs from sHDTs.

Once you acquire a T2 0UB Volcanic Chimera weapon, you can tackle both sHMS and sVolk. Once it's MUB, you can directly tackle eHMS with it. T2 MUB VC weapons are so strong that not only are they only beaten by HD2 weapons/MUB 6* weapons for general content, they have over 300 more strength and nearly 300 more Might off-element than 0UB on-element core weapons, and still have more Might and Strength than a MUB core weapon in exchange for less HP and the third weapon skill.

You can use your sVolk clear reward to either max out the Flame Tree for more passive stats, or grab a 6* 0UB weapon. For the tree, you can get the first 10 levels from just silver Volk drops, so the question is whether you want to have the materials to immediately max out the tree for an additional 5%/5% stats, or immediately grab a side-grade to a T2 MUB Volcanic weapon. In 9 weeks of weekly chests you'll have both either way, and will then start slowly working towards a MUB 6* weapon if you don't plan to tackle mHDTs to do eVolk ASAP.

Instead of fully grinding for a T2 MUB Volcanic Chimera weapon, you can also just grind Volcanic Chimera until you have a T2 0UB Volcanic Chimera weapon, clear sHMS then sVolk, use the sVolk drops for a 6* 0UB weapon for eHMS, and basically immediately start the eHDT grind from there if you want to start that ASAP.

For the Light/Dark cycle, I would honestly just say to wait until we get the dark or light equivalent of Volcanic Chimera, because that will substantially lower the current barrier to entry. This month's Mana Spiral update aimed at dark adventurers may also shake up the meta potentially.

Last edited:

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I finally upgraded my bow dojos to lv 35, and what I left is just the axe dojos. I can finally see the end of the tunnel after 3/4 months. All the double IO drops, half stamina, double recovery, and the free materials gave out during this month in dragalia helped me a lot. That said, I still need to them to rerun the circus tent and dragonata, but it seems they aren't doing that anytime soon.

Also, a reminder that we are one week away from MG rewards giveaway. Time to clear more MG.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Frustrating being able to auto expert void zephyr but not being able to find a coop team that can clear it to save my life.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still missing mitsuhide 😭 Must have flushed 30k wyrmrite and 5 tenfold tickets. Got Nobunaga pretty quickly and lots of dupes thereafter, ieyasu for the first time after flushing tons last year and then a depressing amount of dupes, and 1 Daikoten near my final pulls. Calling it quits so I have something to pull with for the MonHun event 😔

Also, a reminder that we are one week away from MG rewards giveaway. Time to clear more MG.

I went from like 80 to 150 thanks to the updates they made this last month.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Newest Dragalia Life is up, featuring Hanabusa, Euden, Mitsuhide, and Chitose.
e8b467c9ac9256842a55e3e7a44cb2c2.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
To re-iterate to newer folks, endgame progression now goes: Eolian Phantom Strike for anti-Volcanic Chimera weapons -> Volcanic Chimera for VC weapons -> Standard HMS to do Standard Volk -> Standard Volk to either get a maxed Flame Tree or a 0UB 6* weapon -> eHMS to build Wind HD1 weapons for HMC -> eHMC for Water HD1 weapons -> mHBH to build fire HD2 weapons -> eVolk to build MUB 6* weapons or mHMS to build wind HD2 weapons -> mHMC to build water HD2 weapons.

It's important to keep in mind, however, that eHDTs and mHDTs are basically optional. Because you gain gold Volk materials in weekly chests from stand Volk, you'll eventually have a 6* MUB weapon every 50 weeks, which is equivalent to a MUB HD2 weapon. So instead of going into the eHDT/mHDT grind cycle after clearing sVolk, you can just stay put there and eventually go directly into eVolk after 50 weeks of grinding sVolk weekly chests if you don't enjoy HDTs. They're essentially two alternate paths to the same endgame, just a matter of which one you prefer to do. You do need to do eHDTs though to get 5-star adventurers their full 70 MC, whereas 4-star and 3-star adventurers just need orbs from sHDTs.

Once you acquire a T2 0UB Volcanic Chimera weapon, you can tackle both sHMS and sVolk. Once it's MUB, you can directly tackle eHMS with it. T2 MUB VC weapons are so strong that not only are they only beaten by HD2 weapons/MUB 6* weapons for general content, they have over 300 more strength and nearly 300 more Might off-element than 0UB on-element core weapons, and still have more Might and Strength than a MUB core weapon in exchange for less HP and the third weapon skill.

You can use your sVolk clear reward to either max out the Flame Tree for more passive stats, or grab a 6* 0UB weapon. For the tree, you can get the first 10 levels from just silver Volk drops, so the question is whether you want to have the materials to immediately max out the tree for an additional 5%/5% stats, or immediately grab a side-grade to a T2 MUB Volcanic weapon. In 9 weeks of weekly chests you'll have both either way, and will then start slowly working towards a MUB 6* weapon if you don't plan to tackle mHDTs to do eVolk ASAP.

Instead of fully grinding for a T2 MUB Volcanic Chimera weapon, you can also just grind Volcanic Chimera until you have a T2 0UB Volcanic Chimera weapon, clear sHMS then sVolk, use the sVolk drops for a 6* 0UB weapon for eHMS, and basically immediately start the eHDT grind from there if you want to start that ASAP.

For the Light/Dark cycle, I would honestly just say to wait until we get the dark or light equivalent of Volcanic Chimera, because that will substantially lower the current barrier to entry. This month's Mana Spiral update aimed at dark adventurers may also shake up the meta potentially.

Thank you for writing this up! It will be a huge help. Looks like Eolian Phantom is up today so Ill be grinding that for a bit.

EDIT: I was able to craft the Chimeratech Officer sword!

Is there an equivalent for Ice Axes or wands? Looks like the only VC weapons are Flame element. Which makes sense, I just wasnt sure if there was another weapon that would be a go to for Gala Eli. Looks like maybe the Permafrost Crash?

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Thank you for writing this up! It will be a huge help. Looks like Eolian Phantom is up today so Ill be grinding that for a bit.

Is there an equivalent for Ice Axes or wands? Looks like the only VC weapons are Flame element. Which makes sense, I just wasnt sure if there was another weapon that would be a go to for Gala Eli. Looks like maybe the Permafrost Crash?

No prob, and congratz!

No other elemental equivalents to the Volcanic Chimera weapons, no. You can still craft the Permafrost Crash and the 5.3 core weapon, you'll need to craft them anyway to craft water HD weapons eventually, I would just say don't bother unbinding those weapons, since they're fairly replaceable. If you plan to make a tier 2 MUB Volcanic Chimera axe for a fire adventurer eventually, that can also work off-element for general content (not eHDTs) because of how big the stat boosts are. This applies to all elements.

Gala Elisanne as a water buffer specifically can benefit from the Jagged Rainstorm, a water axe obtainable from Void Poseidon with Skill Prep. The build would be Jagged Rainstorm,. Beach Battle, and From Whence He Came. The reasoning is that you can prioritize buffing over personal damage, so the skill prep will allow her to fire off her S1 team strength buff quicker, which leads to better team DPS overall, especially in shorter form content like Mercurial Gauntlet. People use OG Elisanne like this, and Gala Eli can perform the same role.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should start writing a general wyrmprint guide since no one have updated the old one for some time. The youtube guide was too long for anyone. Might start from HDTs meta comp first though since I want to test out the format. I would also like some recommendations and opinions from you guys too.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

There's no Chimera except fire yet, yeah. So for other elements the progression is kinda just 5* -> Void bane for breaking into high dragons -> HDs. Obviously some other Voids have abilities that may work well for characters, but keep in mind that that'll be for general content use and not something that'll get you into high dragons (or be all that good off-element).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Here's a sloppy Omega solo clear on my F2P NOTTE account in case there's folks still struggling with it. Biggest thing is to I-frame red attacks, and if your team has a squishy character, swap to them during the tail tornado to ensure they get out of the way for the Deathless clear.
Uxwg2bJ.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I should prob start saving wyrmite and tickets... But I really want mitsu
This probably won't help your decision, but Mitsuhide is so much fun to play. She honestly might be my favorite Light character right now (sorry Halloween Elisanne), I love her.

If you have Fleur though, Mitsuhide isn't exactly needed, despite her being a step-up from her. That being said, if you like the character that's all that matters, and Mitsuhide's kit is so much fun. If you do try for her, I hope you get her!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It'd be nice if the next facility event has the EX crystal system instead of the normal one, just a lot more convenient overall. At least it'll have auto-repeat from the get go this time around.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

super helpful, thanks! Question: Since both the Void weapons and the HD T1 weapons have the +30% bane, are they roughly equivalent? And it's really the HD T2 weapons that are so much stronger they let you tackle the other dragons? Since they don't have a bane I'm not sure how they compare to a void weapon with a bane... I'm assuming much stronger?

I'm still a bit confused on how to "switch" between dragons since all the dragons only drop material that's good for crafting weapons that are good against themselves - not necessarily other dragons. (e.g. volk only drops mats to craft fire weapons - how does that help me fight high mercury?)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
super helpful, thanks! Question: Since both the Void weapons and the HD T1 weapons have the +30% bane, are they roughly equivalent? And it's really the HD T2 weapons that are so much stronger they let you tackle the other dragons? Since they don't have a bane I'm not sure how they compare to a void weapon with a bane... I'm assuming much stronger?

I'm still a bit confused on how to "switch" between dragons since all the dragons only drop material that's good for crafting weapons that are good against themselves - not necessarily other dragons. (e.g. volk only drops mats to craft fire weapons - how does that help me fight high mercury?)

Look at the stats on the weapons. The Void bane fire sword we've been talking about, Inferno Apogee, has 362 strength at MUB.

The HD1 equivalent, Crimson, at 0UB? 657 strength. There's no comparison; Voids are far weaker. You can get by with starting with Voids for some of the fights, but you should upgrade to HD1s as soon as possible. Especially because your might will rocket up and keep you from being paired with other Void-users more often, so the entire team will be a lot stronger. And yes, the raw strength on an HD2 makes it stronger at 0UB than a MUB HD1 even without having bane. And so similarly, compared to the Void bane... Absolute Crimson has 1314 strength at 0UB, so it's safe to say the Inferno Apogee's -1000 strength in comparison makes it not even close, haha.

And how Volk (which is to say, Agito) works for weapons is completely different than the high dragons, to be clear. Fighting Expert Volk lets you make fire 6* weapons even though he's wind and you're using fire characters, yes. But for high dragons, you're getting materials that are for HD weapons of the same element as the dragon you fought, making it a cycle. You fight eHMC to make water HD1s, eHBH to make fire HD1s, and eHMS to make wind HD1s, going around the cycle to craft/unbind. Same goes for eHZD for dark HD1s and eHJP for light HD1s.

(As a side note- Spiral requirements are a little similar to Agito. To get all the nodes you'll need high dragon orbs, along with a single tail if they're a 5*, but they're from the dragon you'd fight with that character rather than the same element as them.)

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Look at the stats on the weapons. The Void bane fire sword we've been talking about, Inferno Apogee, has 362 strength at MUB.

The HD1 equivalent, Crimson, at 0UB? 657 strength. There's no comparison; Voids are far weaker. You can get by with starting with Voids for some of the fights, but you should upgrade to HD1s as soon as possible. Especially because your might will rocket up and keep you from being paired with other Void-users more often, so the entire team will be a lot stronger. And yes, the raw strength on an HD2 makes it stronger at 0UB than a MUB HD1 even without having bane.

And how Volk (which is to say, Agito) works for weapons is completely different than the high dragons, to be clear. Fighting Expert Volk lets you make fire 6* weapons even though he's wind and you're using fire characters, yes. But for high dragons, you're getting materials that are for HD weapons of the same element as the dragon you fought, making it a cycle. You fight eHMC to make water HD1s, eHBH to make fire HD1s, and eHMS to make wind HD1s, going around the cycle to craft/unbind. Same goes for eHZD for dark HD1s and eHJP for light HD1s.

(As a side note- Spiral requirements are a little similar to Agito. To get all the nodes you'll need high dragon orbs, along with a single tail if they're a 5*, but they're from the dragon you'd fight with that character rather than the same element as them.)

somehow got Agito weapons confused with the Dragon weapons then, okay. Thanks! I think I got it, mostly. Cleared standard HMS 3 times, once with Emma&Chimera and twice with V!Hildegarde&5T3. Definitely much easier with stun resistance. Now to do that 3x per week until I can craft the green HD weapons and try to clear standard Volk?

edit: should I start cycling dragons as soon as I have an HD1 or grind until HD2?

(while I work on getting V!Hildegarde a VC weapon too)

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
somehow got Agito weapons confused with the Dragon weapons then, okay. Thanks! I think I got it, mostly. Cleared standard HMS 3 times, once with Emma&Chimera and twice with V!Hildegarde&5T3. Definitely much easier with stun resistance. Now to do that 3x per week until I can craft the green HD weapons and try to clear standard Volk?

(while I work on getting V!Hildegarde a VC weapon too)

No, Volk is wind element that you run with fire characters. Chimera weapons are totally fine for Standard, so you can start on that already. If you want to heal, I'd use HLowen over Hilde if you have him, though.

...you also need to be doing Expert to get the tails you need to make HDs, to be clear. You don't get the higher level material from Standard weeklies like with Volk, unfortunately. Standard HMS is only going to get you the high dragon spheres that you can use for Spirals, to buy and level that dragon's Fafnir facility (increases dragon stats, which are small enough that it's mostly just useful for helping to barely survive HP checks), or trading for copies of the actual high dragon (5* with aura of 30% HP+STR at MUB). It's true that you do use those spheres for the weapons, too, but they drop more on Expert so they've never been close to being the bottleneck.

The good news is that Expert weeklies are good enough (for each run you'd get 1-3 tails from drops, 3-5 tails from weekly) that even just those 3x a week should get you pretty close to an HD1 weapon/unbind each week on average.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
No, Volk is wind element that you run with fire characters. Chimera weapons are totally fine for Standard, so you can start on that already. If you want to heal, I'd use HLowen over Hilde if you have him, though.

...you also need to be doing Expert to get the tails you need to make HDs, to be clear. You don't get the higher level material from Standard weeklies like with Volk, unfortunately. Standard HMS is only going to get you the high dragon spheres that you can use for Spirals, to buy and level that dragon's Fafnir facility (increases dragon stats, which are small enough that it's mostly just useful for helping to barely survive HP checks), or trading for copies of the actual high dragon (5* with aura of 30% HP+STR at MUB). It's true that you do use those spheres for the weapons, too, but they drop more on Expert so they've never been close to being the bottleneck.

The good news is that Expert weeklies are good enough (for each run you'd get 1-3 tails from drops, 3-5 tails from weekly) that even just those 3x a week should get you pretty close to an HD1 weapon/unbind each week on average.

I need expert to get HD's? dangit!... fine.

(I didn't mean craft HD greens TO fight Volk - I meant do both those things at the same time. Fight Volk to get fire weapons and fight HMS to get wind weapons)

So by clearing standard HMS I've done not much, short of now meaning i have two hurdles to overcome instead of one - eHMS and sVolk. ooookay :D

(now please don't tell me I also need to clear eVolk...)

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
There's something so weird to me in telling people "A 4* healer will be better for endgame content than your limited 5* one" but it's true. Seeing a V.Hilde pop up in eVolk or mHMS lobbies is a mortal terror.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I feel like I ought to rewrite my mini-progression guide to be more step-by-step, since I use a lot of assumptions, acronyms, and lingo that is probably going over the heads of newer folks.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I need expert to get HD's? dangit!... fine.

(I didn't mean craft HD greens TO fight Volk - I meant do both those things at the same time. Fight Volk to get fire weapons and fight HMS to get wind weapons)

So by clearing standard HMS I've done not much, short of now meaning i have two hurdles to overcome instead of one - eHMS and sVolk. ooookay :D

(now please don't tell me I also need to clear eVolk...)

Well, you do need to clear Standard at least once to get Expert. And beyond that, it's totally fair to see that time spent in Standard as good practice for Expert, since it's the exact same fight mechanically and just a difference in strength/health, haha. So it's not that much of a waste at all when you're getting started on high dragons, or just need to practice/unlock Expert on one that's new to you. Once you can do Experts I'd recommend getting your 3 weeklies there if you're going to do other Standards that week to unlock their Experts, though, so that you don't waste them.

And don't worry about Expert Volk- he's for 6* weapons, which are pretty directly comparable to HD2s (but much easier to get). But you need a MUB HD2 to fight him first, so he's probably a long way off for you.

For the cycling question you edited in the last post- totally up to you how you want to approach it. You can cycle however often you want, jump around on a whim, or focus on making MUB HD1s before using them for the next dragon. That can have some advantages, since always using a MUB HD1 you'll be in higher might rooms the entire time, but that risks some boredom/burnout and means you may or may not have extra trouble getting good rooms for the first one that you're staying at 0UB in. (Though if you start with HMS using Chimera, that's less of an issue, I guess?)

If you want to know how I've been doing it, well...
After getting clears on all of the Expert dragons during Time Attack, when it ended I decided to focus on the cycle of Zodiark and Jupiter as my first goal. So during TA I'd started on those by clearing sHZD with Geuden (Void), then eHZD with him, then making Gleo an HD1. Then I took her to eHJP to make Geuden an HD1 too. From there I kinda went back and forth week to week as I farmed them- my plan was to do 2 unbinds on one before getting 2 unbinds on the other, then repeating it to MUB both. Though I think near the end I had 3UB on both at some point, since I was enjoying alternating as I did my last batch of farming. Once they were both MUB, I did mHZD and then made Gleo's HD2 to do mHJP, then made Geuden's sword HD2 as well.

I've been doing the other cycle now and haven't been changing things up as much. I'd made some weapons here and there due to what I got during TA and changing my mind as I pulled certain characters, but once this started it's basically been a full cycle. I stockpiled a full 72 HMC tails as Welly (so 4 unbinds' worth), then switched to Thaniel to farm a similar number of HBH tails. Thanks to Agito I now feel safe committing to a fire staff HD2, so I eventually just used those HBH tails to get HLowen/Verica's staff to MUB HD1. And now I just finished farming eHMS to get Welly's sword to MUB HD1 as well.

So now I have some options for next week- I need to make a MUB water HD1 with those stockpiled HMC tails, which is for either Thaniel or Lily. If I pick Lily, I can also decide if I want to also try doing mHMC with Welly first, to make Lily's wand an HD2 (I don't think it's worth it for Thaniel right now). Either way, I end up doing mHBH to make the HD2 staff and throw myself at Expert Volk, while in the background I go on to slowly unbind other HDs and eventually fight mHMS.
...which is to say, as I said before, it's all kinda arbitrary and really up to you and what you wanna aim for! I'd say to feel free to take your time and see what fights you like doing, and what element you might wanna beef up first to make them easier, and go from there.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
This probably won't help your decision, but Mitsuhide is so much fun to play. She honestly might be my favorite Light character right now (sorry Halloween Elisanne), I love her.

If you have Fleur though, Mitsuhide isn't exactly needed, despite her being a step-up from her. That being said, if you like the character that's all that matters, and Mitsuhide's kit is so much fun. If you do try for her, I hope you get her!

I'll prob just blow the 10 pull ticket they are giving as the last day reward for new years, see how that goes. I do have Fleur though so I prob don't need her. Also with Gala and Mon Hun collab happening soon, I'm prob better off to be saving. Honestly though, I prob don't even have to pull anymore, since I have so many adventurers I never use and I've got meta adventurers for all high end content.

Got all my HMC weeklies done this week. I'm also starting to realize just how much of a difference doing optimal FS rotations for sword characters is. You can really tell when the other Welly in eHMC isn't doing the same rotation.

Going to start doing HBH next week and I should be able to push into eHZD soon, since I'm only a couple dozen mats off from getting Mubbed void battle wep for Geuden. I've made so much progress in the past couple of weeks, it is kinda crazy.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
was in a weird mood today, decided to rate up with a few more singles + blow my 10 tickets now instead of the last day even if it was a little wasteful to do the extra singles

...2nd of the 10 tickets got me Ieyasu, after a year! So I'll probably just stick with dailies from here, sure. I'd love more Daikokutens and at this point they should just give me the last Marishiten to MUB this second one but the only thing I lack entirely is Nobunaga, so there's no longer a good reason to pull more than the amount I already have.

I feel like I ought to rewrite my mini-progression guide to be more step-by-step, since I use a lot of assumptions, acronyms, and lingo that is probably going over the heads of newer folks.

I think what may be most confusing for people (this is just my assumption from the past few days of posts) is a combination of...

1. Chimera + Agito only being out for one element. And similarly Spirals mostly being in that one element currently.
2. The jump from Standard->Expert varying wildly across the dragons, such that some have a Void bane -> HD1 progression and some don't. And how the Void bane weapons fit into this in general now.
3. Progression throughout HD1 upgrading actually being pretty arbitrary/up to personal taste, beyond a vague goal of something like "have a MUB HD2 to fight the Agito boss to farm 6* weapons in each element"

(Perhaps with, like, a side note for 1 - both Chimera and Spiral nodes skewing might levels for that element in ways that make it hard to tell who's being what weapons to what content? Maybe that's still just me, but it does make it harder to look at someone at a glance and know they went HD1->HD2, so I could see that not helping for people unfamiliar with the weapon progression.)

Otherwise, I think what you've been saying is totally solid. Probably just needs some more context and explanation of assumptions to makes sure everyone's starting on the same page, yeah.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Here's a more complete step-by-step guide on the endgame progression. Light/Dark doesn't have as smooth a progression path, and I'd honestly wait until they do add it in the form of Dark or Light equivalents to the Volcanic Chimera.

Here is a Glossary of acronyms and terms I use in case you're not 100% about what I mean.

Step 0: Void Battles/Schedule

Void Battles are a mode you unlock through playing the campaign and clearing Chapter 7. You fight monsters for materials to craft weapons to help fight other Void Battles and even endgame content if you're struggling. Most Void Battles will explicitly tell you what weapons you ought to craft to best fight them, though it isn't always necessary. In order to know what the preceding battle is for a difficult Void Battle, click on the "Details" icon and that info will be under Special Abilities.

anXwdfF.jpg

ex8PCHG.jpg

Not all Void Battles are available everyday, and there are new Void Battles added every month, so the Void Battle Schedule is also updated at those times. To know what the schedule is at any time, click on the "Schedule" icon when looking at the Void Battle quest list in-game

ni43WjT.jpg

Step 1: Eolian Phantom Strike
Reward: Anti-Volcanic Chimera Weapons

Defeating the Phantom will give you water weapons that are meant for fighting the Volcanic Chimera. Keep in mind that you can only make Axe, Lance, Bow, and Staff weapons.

Step 2: Volcanic Chimera Strike
Reward: Chimeratech Weapons

Defeating this boss rewards the strongest weapons you can obtain before endgame. You need to defeat the Expert difficulty specifically for the gold Chimera drops needed to make a T2 Chimeratech weapon, as the Standard difficulty only drops the bronze and silver Chimera items. Keep in mind that you'll also need to craft the related Smoldering Manticore weapon before crafting the corresponding Chimeratech weapon.

Step 3: Standard High Midgardsormr (sHMS)
Recommended Weapon: A 0UB T2 Chimeratech Weapon (I.e. Chimeratech Commander for Euden)
Reward: Access to Standard Volk, the HMS dragon, HMS orbs for Mana Spirals, and the Wind Fafnir Statue

sHMS acts more as a gateway into the endgame, instead of explicitly helping with weapons like the Phantom or Chimera. If you plan to play a DPS, you ought to at least have a 0UB T2 Chimeratech weapon, a 4* MUB Ifrit, a MUB Offensive Wyrmprint, and MUB Glorious Tempest. If you plan to play a healer, you ought to have the 4.3 core fire weapon (Ark Voyager) and a 4* MUB Phoenix; you have flexibility with your Wyrmprints. The amount of Augments/Facility levels you'll need to survive HMS's opening blast varies depending on what weapon you're using, who you're playing as, and which Wyrmprints you're using, so use this calculator to find out how much you need for the specific build you're going for.

Offensive Wyrmprints would be The Shining Overlord for Swords, Twinfold Bonds for Daggers, Dear Diary for Bows, Kung Fu Masters for Axes, Candy Couriers for Wands, and Resounding Rendition for Blades/Lances. Candy Couriers is a Limited Wyrmprint, but Resounding Rendition is a fine alternative.

Healer Wyrmprints can be mixed and matched depending on what you need. Glorious Tempest if you need a lot of personal survival, Give Me Your Wounded if you need some personal survival/more healing, Castle Cheer Corps if you need skill haste/healing during specific points in the fight (by force striking to get quick SP gain), Pipe Down if you need skill haste/more healing, Jewels of the Sun if you need more damage/skill haste. Chocolatiers is a good Wyrmprint for Verica, but it's limited. The most budget/low investment build would be an Ark Voyager, MUB Phoenix, MUB Glorious Tempest, and MUB Jewels of the Sun because you need 0 Augments or facility levels to survive the opening blast, and both Wyrmprints aren't healer-exclusive/can be used in other endgame builds.

Emma as a buffer is a special case; because she cares more about buffing the team instead of personal DPS, you should give her Halidom Grooms in the Offensive Wyrmprint slot. If you have Chocolatiers, she can use that in place of Glorious Tempest by using her S2 team defense buff before the opening blast, though you'll need to re-calculate exactly how many stats you need to survive the opening blast in this scenario.

Step 4: Standard Volk (sVolk)
Recommended Weapon: A 0UB T2 Chimeratech Weapon
Reward: Flame Tree and 6* weapons

After clearing sHMS, you are immediately ready for sVolk. You can run the exact same build you ran for sHMS because there's no strict HP check. If you've already put Augmenrs into Glorious Tempest, you can just keep running it, otherwise you can change to a more suitable Wyrmprint. Potential secondary prints are Beautiful Nothingness (cheapest option), Jewels of the Sun, Levin's Champion, Crystallian Envoy, Forest Bonds for Bows, Flower in the Fray for Axes, and Flash of Genius for Wands. To figure out what precise Wyrmprint combo would be best for your build, use this DPS simulator and choose various Wyrmprint combos to determine what the best combo is for you.

Instead of fully grinding for a T2 MUB Volcanic Chimera weapon, you can use the sVolk drops for a 6* 0UB weapon for eHMS, and basically immediately start the eHDT grind from there if you want to start that ASAP.

Step 5: Expert High Midgardsormr (eHMS)
Recommended Weapon: A MUB T2 Chimeratech Weapon or a 6* 0UB Weapon
Reward: Tier 1 Wind High Dragon weapons (HD1), HMS tails for Mana Spiral (5* adventurers)

After clearing sVolk, you have the option to go into eHMS and start the eHDT grind. You'll want to grind for maxed Augments, maxed Mana Circle/Mana Spiral (for 3-star and 4-star adventurers), and work on your relevant facilities. You'll need to do another stat check in the calculator to guarantee you live through eHMS's opening blast, which hits much harder. Your build can largely stay the same as what you used for sHMS, as the fight is identical, just with much higher stats all around.

The weekly chests should give enough to craft a wind HD1 weapon give or take a couple extra runs, at which point you can consider going to sHMC/eHMC and going through the eHDT/mHDT cycle.

Step 6: Expert High Dragon Trials/Master High Dragon Trials (eHDTs/mHDTs) (Optional)
Recommended Weapon: Wind HD1 weapons
Reward: Water/Fire HD1 weapons, Fire/Wind/Water HD2 weapons, tails for Mana Spirals (5-star wind/water adventurers)

With the advent of Volk/Volcanic Chimera/Mana Spirals, you can now break into the eHDT cycle through eHMS much easier now. The main reason I say this step is optional for now is not only does the Agito Uprising provide an alternate path, the meta can greatly shift if/when Wind/Water receive similar updates that Fire received. Still, this currently holds the best way to get better weapons for Wind and Water adventurers after core/void/off-element chimera weapons.

I personally haven't delved much into a lot of the HDTs at all besides HMS/HMC, so others will undoubtedly be able to provide much better advice for them. Ottermatic created an in-depth Wyrmprint Guide with sections specifically for HDTs, and a person on Reddit has also made guides on every Expert HDT, detailed here. Brotel is a Youtuber who has done all the endgame content in DL and has made informative guides/clear videos for a lot of it as well, while https://notte.moe/ produces written guides from veterans.

This guide was mainly to bring folks up to this step and choose for themselves if they want to go through the eHDT/mHDT grinds or wait until the next Agito boss, so hopefully you're now more informed and well-equipped to make that decision.

Last edited:

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
Here's a more complete step-by-step guide on the endgame progression. Light/Dark doesn't have as smooth a progression path, and I'd honestly wait until they do add it in the form of Dark or Light equivalents to the Volcanic Chimera.
(SNIP)
Thank you for writing this out. I've been trying to figure out how to progress to high dragons, but just haven't been able to process the acronyms along with the information.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I can try to write up a little thing going over the other dragons in a similar way tomorrow, if that'll help? I do worry that the dark Spirals are going to immediately make it dated, but it's probably better than nothing.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Thank you for writing this out. I've been trying to figure out how to progress to high dragons, but just haven't been able to process the acronyms along with the information.

Great to hear. Any terms or acronyms I use that you're unsure about? It's hard for veterans to pick up on what specifically isn't common knowledge at this point.

I can try to write up a little thing going over the other dragons in a similar way tomorrow, if that'll help? I do worry that the dark Spirals are going to immediately make it dated, but it's probably better than nothing.

I think that'd definitely be helpful for HMC and HBH. This month seems to be dedicated to Dark adventurers, so that cycle might shift quite a bit, whereas it might be a while before we see Wind/Water updates. The biggest thing is that because Expert has identical patterns to Standard, guide makers didn't feel like updating at the time, but adventurers/Wyrmprints/Dragons have changed pretty drastically, especially since some guides were pre-double Wyrmprint. Even the video I linked for eHDT meta is outdated since it doesn't have the meta adventurers that were released after the video, nor the Flame Mana Spiral/Volcanic Chimera/Volk update.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

Might still be worth writing up, even though I'm hopefuly that HJP gets cracked open more with the new Dark weapons + mana sprials when they drop. He's such a pain that knowing how to handle his nonsense if he gets rolling is still gonna be useful info.

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
Great to hear. Any terms or acronyms I use that you're unsure about? It's hard for veterans to pick up on what specifically isn't common knowledge at this point.

Nothing as such. It's more of a me thing than anything, as I'm on a lot of medication at the moment. Just having everything that needs to be done step by step is perfect, as I can concentrate on one part at a time.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Nothing as such. It's more of a me thing than anything, as I'm on a lot of medication at the moment. Just having everything that needs to be done step by step is perfect, as I can concentrate on one part at a time.

Ah, no worries. You weren't the only one that needed clearer instructions considering how confused some folks got in terms of the order of unlocking stuff with my first attempt. Glad to hear it's helpful nonetheless.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
How's Euden for the "beginner" endgame stuff (that is, standard volk and possibly eHMS? I've cleared sHMS a bunch of times in the past but I backburnered it a while ago) He's the first character I finished the mana spiral and Chimeratech weapon for and his might has skyrocketed, but I have plenty of other great characters I could use instead.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
How's Euden for the "beginner" endgame stuff (that is, standard volk and possibly eHMS? I've cleared sHMS a bunch of times in the past but I backburnered it a while ago) He's the first character I finished the mana spiral and Chimeratech weapon for and his might has skyrocketed, but I have plenty of other great characters I could use instead.

With 70 MC he is now a top tier character in all endgame content, from eHMS/sVolk to mHMS/eVolk. I pub eHMS and sVolk with him using Pele on my F2P NOTTE account. Here's videos of him clearing eVolk in a pub and mHMS with a 3:08 clear time in a pre-made team.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he's definitely up there for fire right now. Particularly worth keeping in mind that, IIRC, the DPS sim currently doesn't handle him shifting + building stacks of Dragon Claws very well. So he's actually even better than what's shown there.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Newest Dragalia Life is up, featuring Sazanka, Eleonora, and Ieyasu.
26b015d70749239e1b3ab396e28bf0f4.png

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

Here is a Glossary of acronyms and terms I use in case you're not 100% about what I mean.

Step 1: Eolian Phantom Strike
Reward: Anti-Volcanic Chimera Weapons

The Eolian Phantom Strike is a Void Battle that is up Mondays and Thursdays, with a x2 drop on Monday. Defeating the Phantom will give you water weapons that are meant for fighting the Volcanic Chimera. Keep in mind that you can only make Axe, Lance, Bow, and Staff weapons.

Step 2: Volcanic Chimera Strike
Reward: Chimeratech Weapons

The Volcanic Chimera Strike is a Void Battle that is up Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, with a x2 drop on Sunday. Defeating this boss rewards the strongest weapons you can obtain before endgame. You need to defeat the Expert difficulty specifically for the gold Chimera drops needed to make a T2 Chimeratech weapon, as the Standard difficulty only drops the bronze and silver Chimera items. Keep in mind that you'll also need to craft the related Smoldering Manticore weapon before crafting the corresponding Chimeratech weapon.

Step 3: Standard High Midgardsormr (sHMS)
Recommended Weapon: A 0UB T2 Chimeratech Weapon (I.e. Chimeratech Commander for Euden)
Reward: Access to Standard Volk, the HMS dragon, HMS orbs for Mana Spirals, and the Wind Fafnir Statue

sHMS acts more as a gateway into the endgame, instead of explicitly helping with weapons like the Phantom or Chimera. If you plan to play a DPS, you ought to at least have a 0UB T2 Chimeratech weapon, a 4* MUB Ifrit, a MUB Offensive Wyrmprint, and MUB Glorious Tempest. If you plan to play a healer, you ought to have the 4.3 core fire weapon (Ark Voyager) and a 4* MUB Phoenix; you have flexibility with your Wyrmprints. The amount of Augments/Facility levels you'll need to survive HMS's opening blast varies depending on what weapon you're using, so use this calculator to find out how much you need for the specific build you're going for.

Offensive Wyrmprints would be The Shining Overlord for Swords, Twinfold Bonds for Daggers, Dear Diary for Bows, Kung Fu Masters for Axes, Candy Couriers for Wands, and Resounding Rendition for Blades/Lances. Candy Couriers is a Limited Wyrmprint, but Resounding Rendition is a fine alternative.

Healer Wyrmprints can be mixed and matched depending on what you need. Glorious Tempest if you need a lot of personal survival, Give Me Your Wounded if you need some personal survival/more healing, Castle Cheer Corps if you need skill haste/healing during specific points in the fight (by force striking to get quick SP gain), Pipe Down if you need skill haste/more healing, Jewels of the Sun if you need more damage/skill haste. Chocolatiers is a good Wyrmprint for Verica, but it's limited. The most budget/low investment build would be an Ark Voyager, MUB Phoenix, MUB Glorious Tempest, and MUB Jewels of the Sun because you need 0 Augments or facility levels to survive the opening blast, and both Wyrmprints aren't healer-exclusive/can be used in other endgame builds.

Emma as a buffer is a special case; because she cares more about buffing the team instead of personal DPS, you should give her Halidom Grooms in the Offensive Wyrmprint slot. If you have Chocolatiers, she can use that in place of Glorious Tempest by using her S2 team defense buff before the opening blast, though you'll need to re-calculate exactly how many stats you need to survive the opening blast in this scenario.

Step 4: Standard Volk (sVolk)
Recommended Weapon: A 0UB T2 Chimeratech Weapon
Reward: Flame Tree and 6* weapons

After clearing sHMS, you are immediately ready for sVolk. You can run the exact same build you ran for sHMS because there's no strict HP check. If you've already put Augmenrs into Glorious Tempest, you can just keep running it, otherwise you can change to a more suitable Wyrmprint. Potential secondary prints are Beautiful Nothingness (cheapest option), Jewels of the Sun, Levin's Champion, Crystallian Envoy, Forest Bonds for Bows, Flower in the Fray for Axes, and Flash of Genius for Wands. To figure out what precise Wyrmprint combo would be best for your build, use this DPS simulator and choose various Wyrmprint combos to determine what the best combo is for you.

Instead of fully grinding for a T2 MUB Volcanic Chimera weapon, you can use the sVolk drops for a 6* 0UB weapon for eHMS, and basically immediately start the eHDT grind from there if you want to start that ASAP.

Step 5: Expert High Midgardsormr (eHMS)
Recommended Weapon: A MUB T2 Chimeratech Weapon or a 6* 0UB Weapon
Reward: Tier 1 Wind High Dragon weapons (HD1), HMS tails for Mana Spiral (5* adventurers)

After clearing sVolk, you have the option to go into eHMS and start the eHDT grind. You'll want to grind for maxed Augments, maxed Mana Circle/Mana Spiral (for 3-star and 4-star adventurers), and work on your relevant facilities. You'll need to do another stat check in the calculator to guarantee you live through eHMS's opening blast, which hits much harder. Your build can largely stay the same as what you used for sHMS, as the fight is identical, just with much higher stats all around. Healers may also want to use a Chimeratech weapon or 6* 0UB weapon to add additional DPS if needed.

The weekly chests should give enough to craft a wind HD1 weapon give or take a couple extra runs, at which point you can consider going to sHMC/eHMC and going through the eHDT/mHDT cycle.

Step 6: Expert High Dragon Trials/Master High Dragon Trials (eHDTs/mHDTs) (Optional)
Recommended Weapon: Wind HD1 weapons
Reward: Water/Fire HD1 weapons, Fire/Wind/Water HD2 weapons, tails for Mana Spirals (5-star wind/water adventurers)

With the advent of Volk/Volcanic Chimera/Mana Spirals, you can now break into the eHDT cycle through eHMS much easier now. The main reason I say this step is optional for now is not only does the Agito Uprising provide an alternate path, the meta can greatly shift if/when Wind/Water receive similar updates that Fire received. Still, this currently holds the best way to get better weapons for Wind and Water adventurers after core/void/off-element chimera weapons.

The eHMS info for this video is now incredibly outdated, but the rest is still fairly relevant in terms of the HP checks for the eHDTs and some of the meta adventurers. Keep in mind that Gala Elisanne and Jiang Ziya are incredibly meta HBH adventurers that were released after this video. Beyond that, I personally haven't delved much into a lot of the HDTs at all besides HMS/HMC, so others will undoubtedly be able to provide much better advice for them. Brotel is a Youtuber who has done all the endgame content in DL and has made informative guides/clear videos for a lot of it as well, while https://notte.moe/ produces informative written guides from veterans.

This guide was mainly to bring folks up to this step and choose for themselves if they want to go through the eHDT/mHDT grinds or wait until the next Agito boss, so hopefully you're now more informed and well-equipped to make that decision.

Thanks so much for this! This is amazing. Super helpful.

I have one question: Given that HMS uses Stun I get using a stun-resistance adventurer for him, but Volk uses sleep & bog, so should I be switching to a sleep or bog resistance adventurer for him?

E.g. I can probably use either Gala Sarisse or V!Hildegard for HMS since they both have stun-resistance (and I have their spirals already fully unlocked), could I switch to Emma for Volk since I have a VC weapon for her already and she's sleep resistant? Is the only reason you were saying "just use them same adventurer" because resistance isn't a big deal for Volk or is there a different reason?
Ah, no worries. You weren't the only one that needed clearer instructions considering how confused some folks got in terms of the order of unlocking stuff with my first attempt. Glad to hear it's helpful nonetheless.

I feel personally called out

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Thanks so much for this! This is amazing. Super helpful.

I have one question: Given that HMS uses Stun I get using a stun-resistance adventurer for him, but Volk uses sleep & bog, so should I be switching to a sleep or bog resistance adventurer for him?

E.g. I can probably use either Gala Sarisse or V!Hildegard for HMS since they both have stun-resistance (and I have their spirals already fully unlocked), could I switch to Emma for Volk since I have a VC weapon for her already and she's sleep resistant? Is the only reason you were saying "just use them same adventurer" because resistance isn't a big deal for Volk or is there a different reason?

The things Volk inflicts on players is actually stun, sleep, and a plague debuff that reduces your resist to 0, which is removed by healing. The red circles he spawns specifically inflict stun and the green circles sleep, while some of his attacks inflict plague or sleep. Players actually need to run into the green/red circles to defuse them from doing a huge AoE. I say to use whatever you used in HMS in the sense that anything you built up for sHMS works in sVolk, sleep-res characters included (Emma is a top tier mHMS adventurer), and you actually need both sleep and stun adventurers in an optimal scenario. Sarisse in particular is very solid in a pub setting precisely because she is resistant to both, so she can run into both circles.

I feel personally called out

Haha, my personal philosophy is that if folks are getting confused about topics I'm explaining, I'm the one that didn't articulate correctly in the first place. I got to have a better picture of who my audience is and what they know, else I may just be preaching to the choir.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a while writing something up for the high dragons as promised, but it may take a few days at this rate, haha. I'm trying to edit my usual long winded rambling into something more useful...

I do want to vaguely touch on the attacks and such, but my focus is going over (to the best of my ability) what each fight and the roles in them are like in a more surface level way. Since there are some decently sized differences in what's expected in each fight, I feel like that may be the best way to help people figure out what they'd like to try first with the adventurers and resources they have access to?

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I started writing the print guide yesterday based on the print recommendations from here, discord, the old guide, and dps simulation. I have only finished the HMS part, and now working backward on the common useful part. But I might start working on eHMC since I am more familiar with that part. I put the link below, please don't spread it outside here before I feel comfortable with it.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Edit: I welcome any recommendation and suggestion for print pair and format. The sentences in red are something I am not sure and would like someone to confirm.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Some Mini Ebisu and Mini Daikokuten art from the official Dragalia Lost Twitter:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I started writing the print guide yesterday based on the print recommendations from here, discord, the old guide, and dps simulation. I have only finished the HMS part, and now working backward on the common useful part. But I might start working on eHMC since I am more familiar with that part. I put the link below, please don't spread it outside here before I feel comfortable with it.

[Hidden content]

Edit: I welcome any recommendation and suggestion for print pair and format. The sentences in red are something I am not sure and would like someone to confirm.

I skimmed it and it's looking good!

I will point out that, IIRC, regen healing gets an extra tick from +buff time. So there is that benefit too for using FWHC on HLowen and such, though it's small.

The other thing I noticed is just that your wording for Xania's HMS prints may be a little misleading - you say she can replace either of the prints with EE or RR, but you wouldn't want to run Candy Couriers and RR together.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I skimmed it and it's looking good!

I will point out that, IIRC, regen healing gets an extra tick from +buff time. So there is that benefit too for using FWHC on HLowen and such, though it's small.

The other thing I noticed is just that your wording for Xania's HMS prints may be a little misleading - you say she can replace either of the prints with EE or RR, but you wouldn't want to run Candy Couriers and RR together.
Thank you for reading it. I wasn't sure how to word it properly, but it should be slightly better now.

Also, I am working on commonly used print and realize I probably picked over 40 prints, which seems kind of overwhelming for new or casual players.

Another thing is that I am not sure if I should include A Game of Cat of Boar in useful limited print since only Chitose use it

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I can somehow clear standard Volk's Wrath more consistently than standard HMS pubs just because they don't understand to stay together for the shared damage blast.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Another thing is that I am not sure if I should include A Game of Cat of Boar in useful limited print since only Chitose use it

It has the additional utility of being useful for Light healers with regen healing and Ryozen, which may be relevant for a dark Agito later or event content later down the line. Speaking of which, Luck of the Draw is really good for Summer Verica, because both her S1 and S2 benefit from it (her S2 gains an extra 7 entire seconds since it's a 30 second buff), on top of similarly being good for Patia and a potential Dark strength buffer or other dark regen healers later down the line. If you're including the event welfare Wyrmprints that are cheap counterparts to meta choices, I think Hitting the Books ought to be mentioned alongside Plunder Pals as an identical discount Resounding Rendition. Astounding Trick falls under that category too as a discount Crystallian Envoy.

Looking at the DPS sim chart, I think at this point Beautiful Nothingness is on a similar tier as Jewels of the Sun, as it seems to be ran on a similar amount of blades, lances, and swords adventurers, if not more.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just need 18 more tails before I have a MUB HDT1 Wand for Gala Cleo. I think my luck has been pretty bad cause I've been getting just 1 tail pretty often.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Current stash amount on my F2P NOTTE account:

iKQGk9l.jpg

I can do a total of 3176 summons. I think I'll give updates every time we get a new tenfold, since those are basically statically given out solely through event rewards, logins, and data patches, unlike single summon tickets or Wyrmite which can be obtained through rare drops/raid box rewards. I can definitively say we've gotten 54 of tenfolds since launch since I don't think I'm missing any.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Since the New Year event is ending soon, are any of the limited wyrmprints worth getting four of? I already have 4 Heralds of Hinamoto.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why healers are running Volcanic Queen in m/eHBH? I saw healers running both Give Me Your Wounded and Volcanic Queen together. Isn't Give Me Your Wounded and CE enough?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Today's double drop Volcanic Chimera day, best time to grind for MUB T2 Chimeratech weapons.

Since the New Year event is ending soon, are any of the limited wyrmprints worth getting four of? I already have 4 Heralds of Hinamoto.

The Wyrmclan Duo is a really small upgrade over Flower in the Fray for axe adventurers, like a 2% Crit damage increase assuming you stay at above 70% health with technically more Wyrmprint stats. Outside of that though, I don't think there's others besides Heralds.