• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
She personally reminded me of Morag from XC2, but I've seen comparisons to Nobunaga from FGO and Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill. I can see the Tashigi comparison, especially in the Punk Hazard Arc considering Smoker's mannerisms.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
She personally reminded me of Morag from XC2, but I've seen comparisons to Nobunaga from FGO and Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill. I can see the Tashigi comparison, especially in the Punk Hazard Arc considering Smoker's mannerisms.

Yeah I think that's where my vibes came from! But you're right the other comparisons are probably more fitting.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I hope we eventually get full elemental teams of adventurers from North Grastaea, and possibly an event. They're probably my favorite group after the Lovecraftian gang, and that's without ever getting the spotlight from events or even castle stories.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got Julietta, which reminded me to switch voices on briefly to figure out what "Elisanne" vs "Elly" was in Japanese.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Well I did sink all my resources in for Kristy and her dragon lol. Got her but no dragon still :(

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are these rerun banners? I'm sitting on a huge stack of resources (almost 18k wyrmite plus tickets and 10pull tickets) but I kind of expected something different after 2 weeks of those other banners.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Are these rerun banners? I'm sitting on a huge stack of resources (almost 18k wyrmite plus tickets and 10pull tickets) but I kind of expected something different after 2 weeks of those other banners.
As Brazil said above, one is a rerun (Flames of Reflection, along with the rerun Facility event of the same name), and the other is new (Windswept Harbingers). Don't forget, Gala and the Monster Hunter events are coming at the end of the month, and the MH one will definitely have a limited banner. At least the Gala will be back in another 2 months. I have almost 40k wyrmite saved up and am still worried about pulling everything I want this month...

yasadril

Oct 29, 2017
My wind team has always been the worst so I pulled 40 times and got 1 Garland (second ticket), Kirsty, and Victor (two 5stars at 6%). So lucky at new year pull and this one. I think I wasted all my luck but, worth it.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of them is a rerun, the other is brand new.
As Brazil said above, one is a rerun (Flames of Reflection, along with the rerun Facility event of the same name), and the other is new (Windswept Harbingers). Don't forget, Gala and the Monster Hunter events are coming at the end of the month, and the MH one will definitely have a limited banner. At least the Gala will be back in another 2 months. I have almost 40k wyrmite saved up and am still worried about pulling everything I want this month...
Ah thanks! And yeah not sure what the MH banner will hold yet but hopefully something good. Put a ticket into the new banner anyway and left with the dragon so I think I'll call it a day on that one and wait.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of them is a rerun, the other is brand new.
Ah thanks! And yeah not sure what the MH banner will hold yet but hopefully something good. Put a ticket into the new banner anyway and left with the dragon so I think I'll call it a day on that one and wait.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm guessing the reasoning behind holding off on Nightmare is giving folks who are playing for the first time the chance to level up their facility.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I wonder what the chances are that the dark unit Mana Circle upgrades (whoever that may be) are with a dark Chimera like Void creature?

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe - but there still already are and the orbs already drop from Void Nidhogg & Very Hard Story mode. I'd assume another element would come first.

...no, they literally said in the news for this month that we'd specifically be getting more dark Spirals this month. That's in addition to the existing few. I expect we'll be getting those next Thursday, after this event/banner.

The question being asked here is whether we get a dark Chimera and its associated weapons too. Kinda betting we don't and that's more something that comes alongside that element's Agito, especially since Chimera weapons may not be strong enough to handle eHJP reasonably anyway. But that's a matter of time, not assuming that another element would happen first.

All of the elements have orb drops from VH story and the Void dragons of that element, so it makes no sense to assume any other element would come first with that as the reasoning... And if anything, dark is one of the most likely to get the next Agito too, since that'd make it easier to handle that high dragon cycle in several ways.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
...no, they literally said in the news for this month that we'd specifically be getting more dark Spirals this month. That's in addition to the existing few. I expect we'll be getting those next Thursday, after this event/banner.

The question being asked here is whether we get a dark Chimera and its associated weapons too. Kinda betting we don't and that's more something that comes alongside that element's Agito, especially since Chimera weapons may not be strong enough to handle eHJP reasonably anyway. But that's a matter of time, not assuming that another element would happen first.

All of the elements have orb drops from VH story and the Void dragons of that element, so it makes no sense to assume any other element would come first with that as the reasoning... And if anything, dark is one of the most likely to get the next Agito too, since that'd make it easier to handle that high dragon cycle in several ways.

when I said "other elements first" I meant "other element chimera weapons" (e.g. my argument is that since they already added dark spiral and DIDNT add a chimera with drops specific for the new spiral, I don't think dark chimera is coming anytime soon and it'd make more sense they would add e.g. water chimera once they add water spiral)

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
It's monthly summary time again!

1. I finally max out all of my dojos already. All of my Fafnir Statue has also level up to at least lv 10. Flame Tree is lv 12 now. Until I can beat expert Volk, It is gonna take a while to max out. But even with all the new facilities I still have a hard time to catch up PUBs might gate.

2. I made my first HD2 weapon. It's the wind sword for Welly. I am still learning mHMC but I am happy about that. With that, thanks everyone that carried me in mHMS. I also cleared my first mHBH today with my friend. I am still deciding which fire weapon to made, but I am leaning toward fire sword since my friend don't wanna bait (even though he has Ramona). I think I will max out Euden since he can debuff with shapeshift.

3. I actually got all units from Zodiac event using only 4k wyrmmite, so I was super excited. Mitsuhide is a great unit and I always wanna try out dagger unit. Daikokuten became my second MUB light dragon. Ieyasu helps buff up my dark team outside of Gleo (still need to grind out dark orb for him and Botan to unlock 70 MC thou). I somehow level up Nobunaga to 50MC even though I had Rena. I like to use her when there is too much burn.

4. Somehow I am back for more MG. I just tried shadow and light element this months with the new units.
Current progress:
Light: 40->45
Shadow: 40->46
My total is at lv 241 right now.

5. I wrote the wyrmprint guide and posted it here and at reddit in case you still don't know. I hope to include more master comps and more print pairs in the near future, but I am satisfied. Let me know if you have any suggestion.
Link

For the next month, I wanna focus on the rest master HDTs (HJP, HZD, HMC) and eVolk. I really want to have at least one HD2 weapon for each element. I also want to update the useful print section in the guide (as mentioned several time before). Some skill prints like Summer Paladyns and Dragon and Tamer are never recommended so I didn't know why I still included them in the list.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
On my F2P NOTTE account, only did a little MG pushing since I wanna keep my Wyrmite at a multiple of 25. Euden buffs and Chimeratech weapons meant I could finish Fire 40 pretty easily, and I got another 3 levels on Light. Water MG is still stuck though at 25 because Ranzal and Su Fang are just not great at DPS, even when using MUB HMS and Mini Mids, the strongest strength dragons that exist for welfare dragons, along with Botan with 100% skill prep AND bleed chance. Didn't get to Dark MG before clearing 5 levels, and I'm doubtful I can clear another 5 to keep my Wyrmite stash at a satisfactory number. Also, seems like Alex is now properly applying poison just in time for poison punisher print.

fRDSEoF_d.jpg

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
mHBH is not cleared, though I had even less time tonight for trying things. It went far better than mHMC, though- got a decent pub group and we kept going for over an hour. Lots of horrible tiny mistakes on all our parts. X-Mus isn't too bad in itself, but it is very cruel to put it 1:40 into a fight instead of at the start; I guess it's at least good that regular Muspelheom happens the second time, though. And our last run, we basically got to the very end of the entire thing, at least.

I'm not sure we had the dps to clear, in the end, but we may have. It's just our break that run was really unfortunately timed - right after the end of the meteors in the second volcano phase. So people weren't all close by her yet, I was stuck in the animation at the end of Lily's skill 1, etc., so none of us had dragon up in advance and so we wasted way too much of the break.

...so now it's killing me that I can't try more till Friday, hah. I may try mHMC more tonight just to see if groups are better, since that would likely make it feel way less stressful. But I'm kinda doubting it'll end well...

EDIT:

also, 3x crimson impact can lead to some truly amazing desyncs

extra fucked up when stuff like sudden inexplicable death to meltdown happens, though

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Newest Dragalia Life is up, featuring Joachim, Cleo, and Kirsty.
f272e8289a605674ba0ea977ff9d5f5d.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the new Dragon lol! Which item do I need to unbind it? And is there any way to grind for it? I dont see any in the treasure trade shop.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the new Dragon lol! Which item do I need to unbind it? And is there any way to grind for it? I dont see any in the treasure trade shop.

It's one of the rarest items in the game, a sunlight stone. I'd be wary about just throwing unbindings around!

There's no way to grind for it, it usually is a few set drops from events and you can buy a few ores (10 of which make a stone) a month from... astral raids? void battles? I forgot. Either way, it's one of the most limited items in the game and you should think long and hard about what dragon to use them on!

on another note: the new (?)/temporary wind buff wyrmprint is clearly BiS for Noelle, correct? Might just get 5 of them.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think ores are in either of those shops? There's moonstones in the Void shop, though. You do get a sun ore for reach dragon you max bond on.

Don't just use them wildly, though, yeah. It's mostly worth using them if you can hit MUB and if you actually need it for something. Or, well, if you're spending them in any other situation, at least be aware that you're in that situation and accept that?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I tried like TEN different PUGs and not one pug had more than one other person who knew to stand in the bubbles for void poseidon. frustrating experience.

I don't think ores are in either of those shops? There's moonstones in the Void shop, though. You do get a sun ore for reach dragon you max bond on.

I somehow thought they were - they might be just event stores though.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, ok. Didnt know they were so hard to come by, thanks.

I tried like TEN different PUGs and not one pug had more than one other person who knew to stand in the bubbles for void poseidon. frustrating experience.

I somehow thought they were - they might be just event stores though.
Your supposed to stand in the bubbles lol!?

Oh, I heard someone on Youtube the other day talking about being able to see other player's rankings in some sort of time attack mode. Where can I find that info?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, ok. Didnt know they were so hard to come by, thanks.

Your supposed to stand in the bubbles lol!?

Oh, I heard someone on Youtube the other day talking about being able to see other player's rankings in some sort of time attack mode. Where can I find that info?

Well, they'll eventually pile up if you're patient, like everything else. I've only used them to be able to do high dragons and so have nearly 20 lying around. But I'll have to spend more soon.

You are supposed to be in the bubbles for Poseidon's full map instant kill attack, as it's an attack that High Mercury also does that is dodged in the same way.

Time Attack was limited time event back in October when Expert and Master difficulties first came out, where your percentile rankings for each Expert dragon could get you rewards based on the bracket you were in. You can still see the top 25 ranked teams from that time here.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
The new prints are not limited btw.

A Dog's Day is great for Noelle and Melody. For Noelle, it could be a 9% increase in DPS when pairs with HoH.

The Plaguebringer is the print for every poison-inflicting unit, except Eleonora. Louise should go for The Plaguebringer + DD. Even Ieyasu will get a 3% increase in DPS with The Plaguebringer.

edit: of course, there is a lot of assumptions here.

Edit 2: apparently not for Ieyasu. Miscalculated. Sorry

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If I'm remembering right, these are all the ways to get sunlight ore/stones in-game: raid events, collab events, max bonding dragons, Nightmare chests, special login bonuses, seasonal bonuses (Dragonyule Present, Lucky Letter Prizes), Time Attack rewards, and Mercurial Gauntlet.

Here's an image of the MG rewards at each level:
Mercurial_Gauntlet_Endeavors.png

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm hopeful that Ebisu having 40% HP means they're willing to push the envelope a bit when it comes to welfare dragons. Welfare collab units generally have 4-star stats compared to normal welfare 3-star stats, so maybe Rathalos will have the standard 45% strength like Ifrit. Even 40% would honestly not be terrible since it's still a big step up from normal welfare strength dragons (30% Strength). I'll be disappointed if he ends up being either a pure HP dragon or something like Shishimai with a unique passive that just isn't really usable.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Trying to figure out my wind team.

Victor, Noelle are locks. Trying to decide the final 2 between Linyou, G!Ranzal, W!Eli and Kirsty

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Trying to figure out my wind team.

Victor, Noelle are locks. Trying to decide the final 2 between Linyou, G!Ranzal, W!Eli and Kirsty

I'd say W! Eli and Kirsty are your best two after Victor and Noelle. W! Eli is a very meta HMC adventurer. Things are still up in the air for Kirsty in that regard, but even without poison or buffs she outdamages both Lin You and G! Ranzal if she maintains her Dauntless Strength stacks.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopeful that Ebisu having 40% HP means they're willing to push the envelope a bit when it comes to welfare dragons. Welfare collab units generally have 4-star stats compared to normal welfare 3-star stats, so maybe Rathalos will have the standard 45% strength like Ifrit. Even 40% would honestly not be terrible since it's still a big step up from normal welfare strength dragons (30% Strength). I'll be disappointed if he ends up being either a pure HP dragon or something like Shishimai with a unique passive that just isn't really usable.

If he's the free collab thing this time, they really shouldn't hold back. Seeing something like 50% or 55% strength would be nice; it's enough to be legitimately better than a 4* without being as good as a gacha 5* due to no second ability to make up for the lower aura.

anyway: halidom poogie, please

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I will take a 35/35 HP/strength Rathalos tbh. At least I know I can use it on HaLowen if I need more healing...

edit: or what if Rathalos is a 70* strength dragon but they only give us one copy of it so we need to use sunlight ore to MUB it?

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
We'll find out at the end of the month either way~

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Who is a good all around Wind Healer? Ive got Lowen, Akasha, and Xania (might be Wedding). I hear Akasha is only good for stuff like Mercurial Gauntlet. So between Lowen and Xania, which would be better to invest in?

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Is The Bridal Dragon + Beach Battle provide enough healing for Jiang Ziya in m/eHBH? I thought he needed that a lot of healing at first so I suggested Give Me Your Wounded.

Lowen should be slightly better I guess...? Currently, I don't suggest you heavily invest in wind healer if you have any meta unit for HMC. WElly S1 AoE healing is sufficient in HMC. Until they release water Agito, most water contents can be brute forced.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Lowen should be slightly better I guess...? Currently, I don't suggest you heavily invest in wind healer if you have any meta unit for HMC. WElly S1 AoE healing is sufficient in HMC. Until they release water Agito, most water contents can be brute forced.
I like being able to play stuff solo, and want a good Wind team for those times. Like the Hard story content and the Ice Manticore Void fight. Ive got great teams for everything else, aside from Ice thats just missing a 4th character. Otherwise my teams are stacked for now.

EDIT: LOL, randomly decided to try out Volk standard after failing HMS over and over with PUGs. We beat it on the first try without anyone wiping. Got enough of the quest rewards to build the flame tree and the Volk Sword!

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Berserker looking good in the Rathalos armor.

LOL, randomly decided to try out Volk standard after failing HMS over and over with PUGs. We beat it on the first try without anyone wiping. Got enough of the quest rewards to build the flame tree and the Volk Sword!

Congratz!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
In my alliance group DM we've been shitposting about how they're going to handle him having that armor while also totally having us pact with Rathalos, haha. (Assuming they do handle it and not just... MegaMan this...)

do we just explain that we killed its family too quickly? did Luca accidentally use a sleep trap? did it eat Ranzal's lunch and settle down?

my semi-realistic non-poogie wishes are Palico stickers and a bone meat event weapon along with whatever actual event weapons they're doing, hmm

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this event isn't another MM-lite collaboration. I need my story!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Newest Dragalia Life is up, featuring Elisanne and a bunch of sylvans.
3b61be50c6bed851c3879ca690954a43.png