• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
my gala 8% pity break happened, With two 5* Lily (new) and my 2nd Poseidon dragon.

not bad, but not really what I wanted out of five 10 pulls..
7k6n8gq3cgc41.jpg

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Thank you! A lot of this sounds like a different language to me, so I'll definitely check out your step-by-step guide. I think that a lot of the newer types of events are outside of my range. My peak team is capped around 10K might. Hopefully I can train up and get going soon.

No prob, Eolian Phantom has a 12K suggested team Might, so you're not too far off.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll get a MH showcase banner preview tonight or if they'll just jump into things tomorrow like they did with FEH.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
We'll learn either way in a couple hours whether they'll reveal it at reset or not.

I did not realize reviving was just something that's baked into literally every single quest now outside of Expert Volk. I think it more or less makes DL in its entirety about 10-30% easier across the board, which isn't necessarily a bad thing considering how hesitant folks are to tackling the endgame.

Also, since OG Celliera is literally gonna be a permanently prominent figure in the game as the person responsible for the mentor bonus, I hope her raid becomes one of the first past events that's playable at anytime. Right now she's literally a status symbol of the near-launch players since her event (was our first-ever event in the game) is basically the only non-collab, non-holiday one that has yet to be re-run. Her raid also having Pele means literally any new player can get into the eHDTs cycle without the gacha by using Pele Euden like I've been doing the past few weeks on my F2P NOTTE account, especially since we have the revival feature now.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Today, I wasted 5 singles tickets and 5 more tenfold summons.
Friggin Gluca came in the last tenfold summon... Finally!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
1) Vanessa's S2 seems like one of those "great in your hands, ridiculously awful in the AI's hands" abilities

2) Fatalis' first ability is BONKERS. Does it stack with the second one? Because... bonkers. If that means you slap him on an AI that never shapeshifts it has +80% strength and doesn't get cursed that can't be right...
Vanessa sounds a lot like Fjorm just with her damage spread out over time instead of all at once. Could be fun! But yeah, you really want to be the one controlling her because of it.

Fatalis' ability definitely sounds like that, yeah. What I most curious about is whether the curse is cleansed if you shapeshift, die, and then use one of the new free revives. It makes me wonder just how damaging the dragon form could be, to have that sort of downside. Even still, +80% constant strength...

Today, I wasted 5 singles tickets and 5 more tenfold summons.
Friggin Gluca came in the last tenfold summon... Finally!
Congrats!

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Vanessa sounds a lot like Fjorm just with her damage spread out over time instead of all at once. Could be fun! But yeah, you really want to be the one controlling her because of it.

Fatalis' ability definitely sounds like that, yeah. What I most curious about is whether the curse is cleansed if you shapeshift, die, and then use one of the new free revives. It makes me wonder just how damaging the dragon form could be, to have that sort of downside. Even still, +80% constant strength...

Congrats!

+80% constant strength is too incredibly tempting... no way a shapeshift makes up for that? I'm sure someone can run the numbers on how much damage a 45% dragon with shapeshift puts out vs 80% and no shapeshift.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Fatalis' first ability is BONKERS. Does it stack with the second one? Because... bonkers. If that means you slap him on an AI that never shapeshifts it has +80% strength and doesn't get cursed that can't be right...

Not only that, but Fatalis' 50% strength seems unconditional, so it applies to any element like Mini Mids. A MUB Fatalis will as good if not better than MUB 4* on-element dragons, making him an incredibly good dragon for both new players and folks who don't have 4 5* MUB offensive dragons in every element (so I'd say most of the playerbase). You get a lot of bang for your buck MUB-ing him.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
FINALLY CLEARED MY FIRST MASTER HDT AAAHHHHH I'M SHAKING

The revival system was an absolute game-changer. After not getting a single mHBH clear in the past two weeks' worth of hours upon hours of failed attempts, this one came almost immediately. A G!Elly and Lily wiped out halfway through and then it was up to me and another Lily to slowly whittle down Mym's health while dodging the same attack rotations over and over. Thankfully she stops attacking with Hellfires, Crimson Infernos, and Muspelheims or else we might not have made it. A downed teammate still helped out by using the "look out!" sticker before Mym did her flame recoil attack, but I still got hit multiple times anyway because I'm a klutz. lol

And much to my surprise I got 25 horns for the first clear reward, so now it's only a matter of grinding eHBH a bit longer to farm some tails for my first HDT2 weapon which I've been lusting after for MONTHS. (For some reason I was thinking that three Master HDT clears were required to craft an HDT2 despite knowing otherwise weeks ago. I must be losing my mind.)

FINALLY I can get the ball rolling on endgame content. 😭

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Its that time of the year again....yes another DL attempt for myself lol.
The MH collab got me interested, but more importantly i read that there would be a update that would shrink the app data size imprint quite a bit....as a mostly casula player the 4gb the game took from my phone just werent worth it, if this updates delivers i could actually stick around for a while.

Was gonna wait until the MH collab start but decided to install it yesterday. I really like that you can just chose your 5* at the beginning and dont have to hope for RNG luck - went with Hildegarde because she seemed like the safest options.

Initial free setup multi, netted me the Gala unit. Then yesterdays and todays free multi netted me in total five 5* Dragons lol. I dont know if they increased the gacha rates butit feels like im off to a good start.

So the smaller filesize update should hit tomorrow with the Monster Hunter collab right ?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

The revival system was an absolute game-changer. After not getting a single mHBH clear in the past two weeks' worth of hours upon hours of failed attempts, this one came almost immediately. A G!Elly and Lily wiped out halfway through and then it was up to me and another Lily to slowly whittle down Mym's health while dodging the same attack rotations over and over. Thankfully she stops attacking with Hellfires, Crimson Infernos, and Muspelheims or else we might not have made it. A downed teammate still helped out by using the "look out!" sticker before Mym did her flame recoil attack, but I still got hit multiple times anyway because I'm a klutz. lol

And much to my surprise I got 25 horns for the first clear reward, so now it's only a matter of grinding eHBH a bit longer to farm some tails for my first HDT2 weapon which I've been lusting after for MONTHS. (For some reason I was thinking that three Master HDT clears were required to craft an HDT2 despite knowing otherwise weeks ago. I must be losing my mind.)

Congratz! Overall, revives have definitely made endgame a lot more accessible, which is great.
Initial free setup multi, netted me the Gala unit. Then yesterdays and todays free multi netted me in total five 5* Dragons lol. I dont know if they increased the gacha rates butit feels like im off to a good start.

Gala is currently going on, which increases the gacha 5-star rate from 4% to 6%, so yeah, there's literally increased gacha rates atm :P

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Congratz! Overall, revives have definitely made endgame a lot more accessible, which is great.

Gala is currently going on, which increases the gacha 5-star rate from 4% to 6%, so yeah, there's literally increased gacha rates atm :P

Hah yeah that makes sense....kinda thought these might have even increased the general rate even higher since I never had 3 5* in a multi.

BTW. It was your post in the Monster Hunter Event announcement thread that made me wanna go back.

Just waiting and see how small the game can get after the latest update....4gb is too much for me - 2gb would allow me to have on my phone and not just the tablet where it's installed now.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

Nice one!

Gala is a lie. Got Joachim and Kristy. Kristy is my only 5* after 55 singles, at 9% pity rate. >_>

I feel this. I got that high but had a bit better luck afterwards. Gacha is as gacha does.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just waiting and see how small the game can get after the latest update....4gb is too much for me - 2gb would allow me to have on my phone and not just the tablet where it's installed now.

Unfortunately, I think the minimizing patch has already been done if you've installed the latest version, since the manual update is live (while the forced update is later tonight). The update did cut 2GB, but it was from 6GB -> 4GB I believe. We'll know for certain if that's all by reset, but I felt it was prudent to mention this ahead of time in case there's no data size changes tonight.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to Fatalis, if he beats out Shinobi, I'm not sure if the shift punishment matters as much? You can totally kill HJP before needing to shift, and even mHJP assuming you can survive the blast - or, more likely, revive after it. But the latter may be too risky to be worth going out of your way to do.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It'd be cool if Fatalis actually has insane Dragon damage modifiers, so the optimal use for him is right at the end of fights for one last burst of damage.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
This morning I did my first post-revive update HDTs as I cashed my weekly chests in on mHZD.

Revives make things so much smoother. I know mHZD is already the 'easiest' mHDT, but knowing that the run can continue even if someone eats a charge is so nice. I even had one clear where it was down to one person who essentially zombied the final 2% down by still having their revive that late in the fight. Oddly enough I got a horn out of my survival bonus on that fight despite not, you know, surviving.

This was also my first time back in HZD since all the power creep. I had gotten all the horns I needed with my first clear and then farmed tails right after, so I hadn't played with all the Mitsuhide/DY!Malora/GLuca/Daikokuten/Corsaint Phoenix/Spirit of the Season additions. Those all certainly make things go faster. I even had one run where we broke mHZD before he could put up the cages following the first stack.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oddly enough I got a horn out of my survival bonus on that fight despite not, you know, surviving.

I think as long as you clear, the survival bonus literally guarantees you get an extra horn, you just lose out on tails with deaths. I'm not 100% sure on that though, maybe fully dying only gives you a chance to get an extra horn instead of guaranteeing it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, I think the minimizing patch has already been done if you've installed the latest version, since the manual update is live (while the forced update is later tonight). The update did cut 2GB, but it was from 6GB -> 4GB I believe. We'll know for certain if that's all by reset, but I felt it was prudent to mention this ahead of time in case there's no data size changes tonight.

Oh..that's a bummer, I was hoping that it would get even smaller...4gb is what it was before when I decided to delete it lol.

I'm gonna keep it on my tablet for now and do the MH pulls...but I would rather have it in my phone where I could actually "play" it and not just auto.

Well .....can't have it all.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oh..that's a bummer, I was hoping that it would get even smaller...4gb is what it was before when I decided to delete it lol.

I'm gonna keep it on my tablet for now and do the MH pulls...but I would rather have it in my phone where I could actually "play" it and not just auto.

Well .....can't have it all.

Yeah, the base game has probably gotten decently bigger since you've last played due to the additional story chapters and game mode/content, not even factoring in Japanese VA. We're most likely getting the ability to play past events at any time within the next two months, which will undoubtedly make the base game even larger.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

Same for me this morning!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Seems like the Revive system has produced pretty positive results so far overall~

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So Delphi gets an 80% Strength boost for free.
Haven't played any of the High Dragon Trials for like 2 months, I know Expert Jupiter can be beaten with 1 transform, but what about Master?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating needing to wait ten days before I spend any tickets/wyrmite (due to the free daily ten-pulls), but I'd probably want to wait until later before I commit anyway since I do want to see what the second banner has and it's hard to complain about free pulls on a collaboration banner. If the second banner really does have Water Sarisse and she's a strong DPS adventurer I'll definitely go all-in for her, since I like her character and water definitely needs the extra strength right now (not like Fire and Light, which are filled with strong characters). Also, the slight...SLIGHT possibility of a MH Mym.

Its that time of the year again....yes another DL attempt for myself lol.
The MH collab got me interested, but more importantly i read that there would be a update that would shrink the app data size imprint quite a bit....as a mostly casula player the 4gb the game took from my phone just werent worth it, if this updates delivers i could actually stick around for a while.

Was gonna wait until the MH collab start but decided to install it yesterday. I really like that you can just chose your 5* at the beginning and dont have to hope for RNG luck - went with Hildegarde because she seemed like the safest options.

So the smaller filesize update should hit tomorrow with the Monster Hunter collab right ?
Now that's one Hell of a start, you even got Corsaint to pair with Luca. Congrats!

The new Wyrmprint makes a great Mym avatar I'm happy rocking! :D
More Mym avatars are always a great thing to see.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia Lost actually surpassed Animal Crossing Pocket Canp early last year.
However, by September, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp was earning more, and earned more since.

Going by SensorTower.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating needing to wait ten days before I spend any tickets/wyrmite (due to the free daily ten-pulls), but I'd probably want to wait until later before I commit anyway since I do want to see what the second banner has and it's hard to complain about free pulls on a collaboration banner. If the second banner really does have Water Sarisse and she's a strong DPS adventurer I'll definitely go all-in for her, since I like her character and water definitely needs the extra strength right now (not like Fire and Light, which are filled with strong characters). Also, the slight...SLIGHT possibility of a MH Mym.

Now that's one Hell of a start, you even got Corsaint to pair with Luca. Congrats!

More Mym avatars are always a great thing to see.

Right? :D I just never found a piece of art of her I was truly happy with as an avatar before.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My experience with high dragons with revives is entirely the opposite so far, hah. I tried to quickly do eHJP runs because I needed to drain wings this morning, but it was a clusterfuck. I don't mind running with new players, and I kinda plan to use HJP to get any mentor bonuses helping my alliance won't cover due to the amount of new players likely running it. I don't even mind losing out in any revive bonuses due to others' mistakes in the process. So it's not like I don't expect to have some revives happening to help people clear.

But the problem is... revives actually make death worse if it's happening before the break. Once a death happens you're now extra unlikely to break him before spark - especially since that first death probably blew up and caused another - so that's a second guaranteed death. And along those lines, if you don't have a healer, skill shifts reset so Gleo S2 can't heal so uh... you're kinda dying to the next spark too. So you're doomed.

Which means you might as well just restart after a death as always, "No Worries" and run into some lightning and get back into the lobby, yeah? That's very common in Jupiter runs and I don't mind some false starts; unless someone is very deliberately doing something that dooms the run, I'll give them a few tries to figure it out. Except... now you can't do that. That's impossible now! If you thought it could be annoyingly slow to get into the next run before, how about if you all have to die 3 fucking times just to restart? No one is going to put up with that; they just quit.

They seriously need to add a "vote to restart" feature ASAP, and I've sent feedback saying as much. Honestly, it was always really annoying to have to wait for deaths, especially when trying to learn new fights - for how "one shot" they are, there sure are some annoyingly long periods the high dragons cannot actually kill you during - and then you have to go into the lobby again on top of it. But now it's 3 deaths, with 5 seconds of revive waiting each time, and then you may have to wait for something that can even kill you again. So of course every reasonable person just quits, and I can't blame them. It's ridiculous to have to wait that long to try again!

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
It is really HJP and HZD that don't benefit as much from having revives as the others. If someone drops super early in HZD you won't be able to break in time and everything will go sideways, though once you get past the first break deaths aren't really bad.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I definitely feel like the others won't suffer as much from it, at least! But not being able to restart easily is(/always was) still a general problem, it's just made way worse in this specific case.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
But the problem is... revives actually make death worse if it's happening before the break. Once a death happens you're now extra unlikely to break him before spark - especially since that first death probably blew up and caused another - so that's a second guaranteed death. And along those lines, if you don't have a healer, skill shifts reset so Gleo S2 can't heal so uh... you're kinda dying to the next spark too. So you're doomed.

I'm guessing this issue is mostly alleviated then when you just bring a healer instead of a 4th DPS? Seems like a pretty shrewd way of disincentivizing 4 DPS comps for reliable PUB clears without hard nerfing it. I can't say I'm too sympathetic towards the 4x Gleo comp being made more inconvenient with this change, especially when Heinwald (and presumably OG Cleo next month) has a 70 MC now.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing this issue is mostly alleviated then when you just bring a healer instead of a 4th DPS? Seems like a pretty shrewd way of disincentivizing 4 DPS comps for reliable PUB clears without hard nerfing it. I can't say I'm too sympathetic towards the 4x Gleo comp being made more inconvenient with this change, especially when Heinwald (and presumably OG Cleo next month) has a 70 MC now.

It's not like it's only 4x Gleo that suffers due to this, though? I wasn't only running in 4x Gleo groups, and one of the clears I got was 2x Gleo + Ieyasu + Lathna. Heinwald was not exactly common from what I saw this morning, and people aren't going to go out of their way to wait for a rare healer to join for a fight that everyone knows can be done without one. Infuriating your players by encouraging them to constantly remake/rejoin rooms is not exactly a way I'd recommend balancing against certain teams, besides. It actively prevents the new players from being able to learn the fight through repeated runs.

If anything, it's honestly going to make me less likely to look for a more diverse group when I'm not fishing for a mentor bonus. I don't need all Gleo speed clears, as even before Spirals I'd be up for non-Gleos. But I do want to run with a lower risk of the group immediately breaking up due to a mistake, which makes melee start looking like an inherent risk. Heinwald also actually doesn't make avoiding these problems that more likely in this situation, I feel, given that it depends on him not being one of the ones who's getting blown up. And even if he there and helpful for getting the team to continue past early mistakes, that still also requires anyone who dies to stick around to begin with.

There's also that Spirals' might inflation also means there's no way to set for "more than just bare minimum 0UB T1" across weapons, so any time that I want to be a bit pickier, it's probably easier to default to wands and maybe blades, hmm.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It's not like it's only 4x Gleo that suffers due to this, though? I wasn't only running in 4x Gleo groups, and one of the clears I got was 2x Gleo + Ieyasu + Lathna. Heinwald was not exactly common from what I saw this morning, and people aren't going to go out of their way to wait for a rare healer to join for a fight that everyone knows can be done without one. Infuriating your players by encouraging them to constantly remake/rejoin rooms is not exactly a way I'd recommend balancing against certain teams, besides. It actively prevents the new players from being able to learn the fight through repeated runs.

If anything, it's honestly going to make me less likely to look for a more diverse group when I'm not fishing for a mentor bonus. I don't need all Gleo speed clears, as even before Spirals I'd be up for non-Gleos. But I do want to run with a lower risk of the group immediately breaking up due to a mistake, which makes melee start looking like an inherent risk. Heinwald also actually doesn't make avoiding these problems that more likely in this situation, I feel, given that it depends on him not being one of the ones who's getting blown up. And even if he there and helpful for getting the team to continue past early mistakes, that still also requires anyone who dies to stick around to begin with.

There's also that Spirals' might inflation also means there's no way to set for "more than just bare minimum 0UB T1" across weapons, so any time that I want to be a bit pickier, it's probably easier to default to wands and maybe blades, hmm.

I'll reiterate: I can't say I'm too sympathetic towards the 4 DPS comp being made more inconvenient with this change. From what you describe, 4 DPS runs now run into the risk of all the revives not being helpful because you can't heal in tie to survive certain HP checks when Gleo's have their skill shifts reset, and DPS's in Dark don't have team healing like W! Eli. If I'm understanding that right, then having a healer ought to alleviate that issue by ensuring that even with early deaths you'll be able to survive those HP checks that prop up when people are learning. The lack of DPS isn't as detrimental now that there's a 10 minute timer. Obviously HJP CAN be done without a healer, but it seems like having the healer will improve the chances of a clear still being feasible despite those early deaths, which in turn will encourage people to stay instead of leaving immediately. If the lack of healers is the issue, then I'd hope folks are now building them if they're able to, and telling others to do the same; I'm interested in seeing how OG Cleo's MS will play out.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Version update. It was planned to go out when the update was mandatory (i.e, right now).

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'll reiterate: I can't say I'm too sympathetic towards the 4 DPS comp being made more inconvenient with this change. From what you describe, 4 DPS runs now run into the risk of all the revives not being helpful because you can't heal in tie to survive certain HP checks when Gleo's have their skill shifts reset, and DPS's in Dark don't have team healing like W! Eli. If I'm understanding that right, then having a healer ought to alleviate that issue by ensuring that even with early deaths you'll be able to survive those HP checks that prop up when people are learning. The lack of DPS isn't as detrimental now that there's a 10 minute timer. Obviously HJP CAN be done without a healer, but it seems like having the healer will improve the chances of a clear still being feasible despite those early deaths, which in turn will encourage people to stay instead of leaving immediately. If the lack of healers is the issue, then I'd hope folks are now building them if they're able to, and telling others to do the same; I'm interested in seeing how OG Cleo's MS will play out.

Again, having a healer does not actually address the problem. This isn't rebalancing against 4x Gleo or 4 dps. This is just making it unnecessarily hard for anyone to clear and especially to learn the fight to begin with. Jupiter was already a fight that could feel overly punishing of someone's mistakes - not only one shot kill, but that shot spreads to others - and now people have even more of an incentive to quit, not to stay, if you make a mistake. Cause the problem isn't "when an early death happens, it's now hard to win without a healer", it's "when an early death happens, someone quits and their AI doesn't revive, and you can't restart to deal with it because that now takes an eon, so the room dies too". When before this change I'd been in plenty of rooms that would stick around for numerous tries at the start, until the player making mistakes picked up on what to do- and this is not a hard intro to learn if you can do that restarting.

Like I'm not sure how to word this, exactly, but I guess I feel like you're making some very strong assumptions about the way people play this game in pubs? I simply do not think most people are going to see a healer as necessary (compared to acceptable) based on an assumption that 1 or 2 people are going to die in the first 30 seconds. Cause for what you're saying to happen, the entire team does need to actively believe in the healer having that role, because revives+timer don't matter if one person quits (at least before break) because they think the team won't clear even with the healing + those. Which includes the person healing, because having a healer sure doesn't matter if they quit because someone blew them up right away.

This isn't even getting into the fact that dying immediately (and again, possibly bringing others with you) likely means people won't trust you to handle the rest of the fight to begin with, since it shows you're likely pretty new to it. Or that we're all already hoping someone doesn't feel "(you) lost my extra tail, guess I'll quit".

I'm pretty open to running with whoever, so I'm fine with a slower setup, sure. I'm not saying people shouldn't run Hein, either. But arbitrarily toughing it out over restarting when the issue at hand was an extremely early avoidable death rather than having lower DPS or something... that just isn't an appealing option most of the time, and without having a restart option anymore (to the vague degree that we used to have it), people are just going to keep quitting as a result. This isn't even dependent on a fight not usually having a healer, either; I expect Expert Volk to have a very similar problem if that eventually gets revives without any form of restarting.